New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: World of Warcraft XIII: Even Aspects Get Nerfed

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    I have heard... things about the Theramore scenario. Is it bad?
    Depends on what you have been hearing about to be honest.

Difficulty? It isn't designed to be as hard as say heroic dungeons, but they did double the HP back last Tuesday which means fully geared HC clothies can die (I know this one for a fact :p).

The concept of the new system? I like it, I will do it every once in a while, not needing a tank/heals means better times for my pure dps toons. Do provide Valor at level 90.

Story of it? Yes. It doesn't do anything to explain anything of what is happening. I know why they did it, so that people are not confused and people don't go "I HATE this RP crap for the 100th time," but for something to help introduce a whole book, its bad.
    Boo!

Steam ID: Dublock

Battle tag: Dublock 1-7-2-5

Feel free to add me but say GitP :)

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Dwarf in the Playground

I loved the Theramore scenario. I had some fun with it with friends, running it in character. Still, storyline wise I feel like Blizzard kind of wrote themselves into a corner with this one.
    Spoiler
    Show
    They killed a bunch of blue dragons to hijack the focusing iris, the Sunreavers betrayed the Kirin Tor and the leader was killed. I simply can't see how Dalaran/the Kirin Tor would remain neutral, with Jaina in charge. The only logical conclusion would be for every Horde member to get chucked off the side post-haste. Obviously that wouldn't be an option for gameplay reasons, unless they did something silly like break off the Sunreaver sanctuary and send it to some different part of Crystalsong Forest.

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Firbolg in the Playground

So, I'm seriously considering starting an RP guild on my druid. I'm still mulling it over, because if I really want it to work, I would probably have to buy a race-change. Or an entirely new druid, but that's a lot of work. Anyways, what I'm looking for is just advice on guild-mastering from someone who's done it before. I get that you should try to keep the OOC drama minimal and generally keep the peace, but I suspect there's a lot of tips I could stand to get from someone who has experience.

Also, while I'm here, if I figure I could bring up the subject of RP. Are any of you on RP servers? Do any of you RP regularly or have cool RP guilds? what about interesting characters? I'd love to hear about the kind of RP people heave found through their time on azeroth.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1204

Quote Originally Posted by Dublock View Post
    Difficulty? It isn't designed to be as hard as say heroic dungeons, but they did double the HP back last Tuesday which means fully geared HC clothies can die (I know this one for a fact :p).
    Also, it will be much harder in MoP due to starting off in Blue quality gear and the like.

Story of it? Yes. It doesn't do anything to explain anything of what is happening. I know why they did it, so that people are not confused and people don't go "I HATE this RP crap for the 100th time," but for something to help introduce a whole book, its bad.
    This. It was meant to be a preview of the upcoming content, not be a word for word, pixel for pixel, pound for pound copy of it. Also, there is lead up for the event in MoP, and after effects as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Skios View Post
    I loved the Theramore scenario. I had some fun with it with friends, running it in character. Still, storyline wise I feel like Blizzard kind of wrote themselves into a corner with this one.
    Spoiler
    Show
    They killed a bunch of blue dragons to hijack the focusing iris, the Sunreavers betrayed the Kirin Tor and the leader was killed. I simply can't see how Dalaran/the Kirin Tor would remain neutral, with Jaina in charge. The only logical conclusion would be for every Horde member to get chucked off the side post-haste. Obviously that wouldn't be an option for gameplay reasons, unless they did something silly like break off the Sunreaver sanctuary and send it to some different part of Crystalsong Forest.
    Did you read the book? The answer is there.
    Spoiler
    Show

Kirin Tor is a neutral faction. They can't call themselves neutral if they don't allow Horde, or exclusively only allow Alliance. Now, as for why they aren't an Alliance faction at this point? The Kirin Tor see themselves as having a similar goal to the Blue Dragon Flight, that being to control and regulate magic. They show up at Theramore mostly to act as a deterrant and pledge to defend Theramore, not assault any Horde, pre-emptively or in retaliation.
    Also, the betrayal by all of 2 Sunreaver members does not mean the entire faction is corrupt. Yes, eyes are on them as a result, and it doesn't mean they aren't in trouble.
    Otherwise, the singular General responsible for the deaths of women and children at Camp Taurajo would allow one to paint the entire Alliance in a bad light, right?
    Jaina's acceptance into the Kirin Tor does not mean that it is an Alliance faction.

That said, while I deeply enjoyed Tides of War, I'm kind of getting annoyed at how much of the development of these events is taking place in books rather than in game. However, I understand certain elements of the development would be difficult to involve the player in directly in game, such as Jaina talking to the Kirin Tor, or Varian Wrynn, or developing the relationship and character of her apprentice.
    Sure, they could add in quests to take care of those details, but they would mostly involve your character standing and listening to Jaina talk to someone else, or would involve running errands for these things. But then the (vocal) non-lore focused people would complain of boredom so I can understand why Blizzard would skip the minutae and leave only the details that affect the player directly. Still, such 'read the book' events are why characters like Aggra came off as poorly introduced. She was introduced decently well in The Shattering, and the Save Thrall questline kind of backed her up a bit as a solid character, but her in game introduction was lacking, to say the least.

Also, that book made me no longer hate Gnomes. Crowning Moments of Heartwarming kinda sorta did it.

And, Varian Wrynn isn't a complete jerk in this book. In fact he shows some pretty sharp development. He actually acknowledges that not every Orc, Troll, Tauren, Blood Elf, Forsaken, or Goblin actually agree with ANYTHING that Garrosh is doing. That is a pretty big step for him. The book also does a great job of turning up the rivalry between Garrosh and Varian.

EDIT:
    Who's all set for MoP tonight/Tomorrow?
    I got my 25 daily quests in my log, mostly Firelands and TB. Turn in Firelands Dailies, use Tabbard to go to TB, turn in TB quests, take portal to Org, then head to Pandaria. While waiting for any reason to get to Pandaria, start assembling Archeology fragments that I have all maxed out, for XP and skill ups.

As for my Pandaren Monk, I still can't decide on professions. I'm thinking Skinning + LW until max level, then drop Skinning for something else. Or Herb/Alch (for a 3rd Alchemist so 3 transmute cooldowns) and then retrain Herb for something else. The something else is still a mystery though.
    Last edited by Karoht; 2012-09-24 at 04:55 PM.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

5. - Top - End - #1205

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Who's all set for MoP tonight/Tomorrow?
    I got my 25 daily quests in my log, mostly Firelands and TB. Turn in Firelands Dailies, use Tabbard to go to TB, turn in TB quests, take portal to Org, then head to Pandaria. While waiting for any reason to get to Pandaria, start assembling Archeology fragments that I have all maxed out, for XP and skill ups.

As for my Pandaren Monk, I still can't decide on professions. I'm thinking Skinning + LW until max level, then drop Skinning for something else. Or Herb/Alch (for a 3rd Alchemist so 3 transmute cooldowns) and then retrain Herb for something else. The something else is still a mystery though.
    I am. I got all my bags cleared and ready to go!

As no one in my guild is really interested in Monk as main, I decided I will, so I got both the Int set (Healing ms) and Agi set (os, just in case) ready to be mailed as soon as I make him. (Yea, I am not going to log off just to send mail when I reach level 10 and pick Horde :P).

Personally I am going to go with Herbs and Alchy for a few reasons. 1) My ex-fiance had the alchy and I don't have any. 2) Herbs is something I can do while leveling up easily 3) I have a fair amount of random herbs already, so easier for Alchy leveling 4) My Monk's name is FlowerFluff, I need herbs

Edit: I got 4 monsters and a battle plan!

Week 1: Monk! Monk! Monk! My goal is to get to level 90 by the end of week 1, and then geared for week 2. (No RaF, no problem )

Week 2: Gear my monk, and perhaps starting to level up Druid for herbs/gold

Week 3: Start my rep grinds if I have not already, level up my mage for some tailoring/enchanting of my gear (as by this time I will have things that I will spend time/gold on). Max professions.

Week 4: Gear my Druid, continue rep grins, and work on secondary professions on my mage (as thats the only one with maxed fishing/cooking. Oops, Nov isn't to far away...).

Week 5: Gear up Mage, Start working on my Pally, with Mining/JC. More gold Continue working on reps/other professions.

Its my 5 ye...week battle plan.
    Last edited by Dublock; 2012-09-24 at 06:02 PM.
    Boo!

6. - Top - End - #1206

Karoht to 90 first. I have to get two reputations to honored/revered pretty quick for professions and such, start on Tillers ASAP.
    Karotfarmer second. Need to feed mats to Karoht.
    Karohtaka third. Get one rep to revered.
    Lemonydoom to 90 fourth. Get one rep to revered.
    Transfer my Deathknight and get to 90 fifth. Get one rep to revered.
    All of this is hopefully the first 3 weeks. "Gear Up" phase occurs roughly at the same time.

Start Monk shortly afterwards. Get other reputations to max ASAP on Karoht.

Karoht needs to be 463 or better geared by the end of week 2. Because by that week I can be raiding at my usual time again.

Which means some changes are coming for my Livestream.
    First off, I may or may not change to Twitch.tv for my streaming. We'll see.
    Second, I'm streaming at a better quality now. Once I get my router upgraded (hopefully by the end of week 2) I will be able to stream even higher quality.
    Thirdly, my goal it to eventually be streaming in 1080p, with my fiance as well. So I plan on building a Stream-Box computer with a video capture card system which will facilitate this. I plan to have that up and running shortly after my birthday, if funding all goes according to plan.
    Fourthly, I plan on starting another stream altogether, which will take 3 other streams as well as mine, and put them on one stream. These other streams will be from the perspective of 3 other players in my group. With any luck, we'll get the perspective of 1 Tank, 1 Melee DPS, 1 Range DPS, and 1 Healer (me).

Doing it all for you guys, so feel free to pop in, ask questions in chat, etc.
    Last edited by Karoht; 2012-09-24 at 06:32 PM.
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Colossus in the Playground

My main concern is to save up all the tradeskill items I can. They generally sell for psychotic amounts when a new expansion comes out. Everyone rolls a new set of whatever is being released, and they all have to learn their tradeskills. :p Stacks of leather of all types and herbs from low to mid are standing by.
    Last edited by Traab; 2012-09-24 at 08:32 PM.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

8. - Top - End - #1208

So, can somebody help me write a macro? I just need something to advertise my new guild with. Just something I can use to post a message to trade chat. I can write the content fine, but I don't know how to do the code. I could probably learn myself with the internet, but it would be faster for someone to teach me.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1209

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    So, can somebody help me write a macro? I just need something to advertise my new guild with. Just something I can use to post a message to trade chat. I can write the content fine, but I don't know how to do the code. I could probably learn myself with the internet, but it would be faster for someone to teach me.
    /macro (opens macro interface)
    Type in a name for your new macro, pick an icon for it. Once you've selected an icon, drag it onto your bar somewhere.
    Type into the macro box...

/2 [Guildname] is recruiting! We are a level 25 guild, looking for raiders, pvp'ers, or people just leveling up alts. Check out our website at www.coolguild.net/guildname, or whisper me for an invite.

Or some variant on the above. There is a character limit, so keep it brief and to the point.

/2 will put it in trade chat
    /1 will put it in general chat for whatever zone you are in.
    If you want colorful icons to jazz it up a bit, use {} style brackets and type in one of the raid icon shapes.
    {skull} will give you the skull icon
    {square} will give you the blue square icon

Clicking the icon will automatically post it (once) in the channel you've designated.

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm not buying MoP straight away because I don't have the *extra* funds nor time for it right now so just a curiousity thing more than anything but it's nice to know if I do happen to find myself in a better position than I originally thought, I'd then know when I could reasonably drive in and pick it up as a little treat for myself.

So I was in Walmart just tonight, the night of the release, picking up work supplies for a job I just landed (yay me) and I figured I'd go into the electronics department and casually ask how MoP was being handled, if maybe it'd be on a bit of a delay, perhaps? A few days, week at most?

(Our store isn't exactly on the ball when without the few passionate people I respect because they're there because they want to work with what they know, not *solely* because they're there for a paycheque. As such, I've come to know how to discuss certain topics.)

Well...it kind of saddens me that when there's a GARGANTUAN-sized empty slot in the glass display case reserved for the 60-day time card boxes and it's almost always empty (every time I've bought one in the past, I've had to specifically request if they had any left in the back and then the next day they'd have it completely stuffed full again, because they sell JUST. THAT. MANY. of them on an unwaveringly consistent basis) and I hear the response of, and I quote:

"Depends on if we get enough pre-orders for it in. Otherwise, we don't think it'd be in for the next 3 to 4 weeks, at a bare minimum. Looks like it'll be good when it comes out, though."

I wanted to slap someone. I didn't BUT I would not have been ashamed if I had been asked to leave the store because, frankly, I'd expect someone to do the exact same thing to ME if I said something of equal ignorance.

Really? One of the hottest-selling themes in your department, that you have to separate everything else from because you ring it through so bloody often, and you won't be carrying it until late October, maybe early to mid November? Geez, I know people prefer buying Christmas presents a bit into those times, even waiting for Black Friday, but come on!

Maybe they were a bit leery of having yet another computer game on the shelves that might not move. It's their own fault, really (Walmart as a whole, I refuse to blame any specific people in this case). They waited until several months AFTER so many games came out and turned out to be relatively okay/popular games instead of THE BEST THING EVER IN EXISTENCE that these games always try to promote themselves as being before pulling them in, declaring they *finally* stocked Aion, Rift, Warhammer Online, Age of Conan, etc.

(For the record, I'm not ripping on these games since I haven't played them nor do I intend to. I'm simply acknowledging that while they definitely took a piece of the pie; they most certainly did NOT grab the whole pan, is all. They still haven't even bothered with Guild Wars 2 at all, leaving that to their only competitor to fill the void, which isn't even a franchise/chain/whatever-you-call-it, at that)

Maybe it's because it is a Canadian Walmart. I only just recently heard that the U.S. Walmarts have a significant portion of them open 24/7. I mean, heck, if there's a difference like THAT going on, should I really be all that surprised there's other things that will surprise me?

Am I just horribly unlucky to live where I do?

While, yes, this does NOT change the fact that I was only going to eventually get back into WoW when my personal situation looked a little more comfortable to fit together with MoP, but it flabbergasted me.

Sorry for the little rant. I guess when I get back into the swing of things, IF Walmart still doesn't have MoP in stock, I'll have to get my regular price-gouging experience over at literally the only other store in my area that *would* be in a position to sell it. Until then, I want compensation for all the poor brain cells that committed suicide when hearing the nonsense I chanced upon tonight.

Also, right before I press 'Submit Reply', my local time is 10:27 pm so take that as you will. Have fun in Pandaria and hope to see y'all (relatively) soon!
    Last edited by MechaKingGhidra; 2012-09-25 at 12:38 AM.

Avatars courtesy of Qwernt (Nagahydra) and jamroar (Ice Devil).

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beyond current money issues, why not get it off of Blizzard's site?

12. - Top - End - #1212

PirateCaptain

so I started my monk, going about and the my graphics card dies Yes all those emtions in about the time it takes to turn off my desktop.

I still got my laptop that can do dungeons/leveling. but raids? I will need a new card

On the plus side, I met my expectations, I am level 35 at 11:30 am EST which means I spent 8:30 hours to get mid 30s which is what I wanted 24 hours ago.
    Boo!

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Halfling in the Playground

Leveling my Shaman main. I have work, so I can't blitz to 90 like some other people. Even with that I seems be kind of slow playing. 2 hours and not even 1/2 to 86 yet (4 people got realm firsts in their class at the same time in 7 1/2).

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Troll in the Playground

I bought MoP, but I'm going to wait until my new PC is built before I go exploring. It ain't so bad. I get to wait for the crowds to die down.

I have everything except the case, but that's out of stock... gotta do something about that.

15. - Top - End - #1215

@Graphics Card
    New one will cost you 50 bucks for something good, 100 for something great, 150 for something amazing. HIS 5670's cost 50 bucks, and can handle WoW at high settings with little to no issues. Reliable card too.

@Case
    Antec 900. 100 bucks, has a bunch of fans in it already, the mounting for things like hard drives is good, and ultimately the case just doesn't feel cramped to me. It isn't massive either, just a good layout internally.

@Mecha
    Dude, it's Wal-mart. No offence to anyone who works there, but it's Wal-mart.
    That said, digital download is actually a solid way to go. I've yet to find anyone who went digital who ran into any major issues.

@World First 90's
    Bear in mind that they are usually using tricks of some sort. IE-Mob tagging like the way Athene did. I don't find it personally to be a reasonable reflection of the game length.

That said, I would love to see an expansion, still 5 levels, but it actually takes a week for that world first level cap to pop up. I would rather enjoy a 3-4 week leveling experience, if it were designed correctly an not a grind or anything, naturally.

@First Thoughts
    So far I'm impressed. New terrain and buildings all look amazing. They've applied some of their tech from Cataclysm and Wrath remarkably well. They seem to have the phasing in a good place too. And CRZ is making for a full area, but not crowded or annoyingly busy.
    And is it just me, or does there feel like there are less 'kill 10 x' quests?

16. - Top - End - #1216

PirateCaptain

@Graphics Card
    New one will cost you 50 bucks for something good, 100 for something great, 150 for something amazing. HIS 5670's cost 50 bucks, and can handle WoW at high settings with little to no issues. Reliable card too.

@First Thoughts
    So far I'm impressed. New terrain and buildings all look amazing. They've applied some of their tech from Cataclysm and Wrath remarkably well. They seem to have the phasing in a good place too. And CRZ is making for a full area, but not crowded or annoyingly busy.
    Yea, I know but I am a poor college student and to be realistic, I don't think I can afford $50 right now. Luckily my dad (both of us are computer guys) might have something to give me.

Personally I like how it is, I might have been limited on new content but so far so good. Although the multiple general messages is annoying.

Healing on Monk is boring as all get out from levels 15-30ish. You have ONE spell to use for healing until you get a level 30 talent then get two spells, then things get better when you get to level 32. Kinda boring, but hey, no one died at least.
    Boo!

17. - Top - End - #1217

Quote Originally Posted by Dublock View Post
    Yea, I know but I am a poor college student and to be realistic, I don't think I can afford $50 right now. Luckily my dad (both of us are computer guys) might have something to give me.
    Ah, you know what you are doing. Good good.

Personally I like how it is, I might have been limited on new content but so far so good. Although the multiple general messages is annoying.

Healing on Monk is boring as all get out from levels 15-30ish. You have ONE spell to use for healing until you get a level 30 talent then get two spells, then things get better when you get to level 32. Kinda boring, but hey, no one died at least.
    It made much more sense when you had Chi Wave as a level 15 talent choice.
    Beyond that, I leveled as a healer on two occasions, I don't plan to do it a third time. Ever.
    Once with Karoht (Resto Druid leveling was very dull).
    Once with Persimmon (Discipline leveling was almost as dull as Resto Druid leveling).
    My Monk is going Brewmaster (Tank) right off the hop and I'm not looking back.

The general channel message bug is related to CRZ. The issue is there, if I remember correctly. They'll find it soon enough.

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Ogre in the Playground

@First Thoughts
    Same as always, they've just gotten better at making you interested in doing them.

19. - Top - End - #1219

Part of me wishes they would take a page out of the Diablo 3 playbook.
    One of the first quests features a major objective (Get to tristriam and kill a mini-boss) but there is a bonus objective along the way (kill 3 of the mini-bosses little sisters, or mini-mini-bosses).

The "kill 10 X" is the bonus objective to a quest, rather than the main one. And it can be achieved over the course of several quests in a given area, rather than just one quest.
    You would still kill 10 X, but there's an aesthetic difference, and if it rewarded dynamically (when you complete the major objective, if you've only killed 7 out of 10, you get 7 bonus gold rather than the bonus 12 (10 for 10 kills, plus 2 for completion of the bonus objective), or some variation thereof, I think it would just feel a bit more organic and natural, rather than feeling forced to kill 10 X to progress. And it would de-clutter the quest log a bit.

Mind you, the kill 10 X quests really only feel like maybe one-half or one-third of the quests so far. In Cata it felt like considerably more, maybe 75% of the quests, not counting cinematics and such.
    Last edited by Karoht; 2012-09-25 at 07:51 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Troll in the Playground

WoW is RUINED. (PvP. ) Monks have the burst damage of a backstabbing rogue and the survivability of a paladin. IT ANNOYINNNG. (And that panda roll... is mean early levels.)
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Colossus in the Playground

God I find it so annoying. I have already seen three realm firsts for hitting 90. I understand the competitive urge. The want to be first at something, really, I do, but when it comes to a game, I find it a horrible idea. Take the time to enjoy the content you just bought! Read the quest dialogue, explore the zones, whatever. There is no need to rush your guy to 90 the first 5 hours the server is up on opening day. Its a waste of good content. I still remember opening day of tbc, seeing draenai shaman and blood elf paladins in hellfire peninsula level 61. What the hell?! Leveling was NOT as easy as it is now back then. And I just know that these are the same guys who proclaim about how bored they are a month later with the lack of content, because they raced through all of it as fast as they could and blizzard hasnt had the chance to add in the raid dungeons and such yet. Because it is obviously blizzards fault that they had a full group of people speed level them through all the content faster than they should have been able to get there.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GungHo View Post
    Beyond current money issues, why not get it off of Blizzard's site?
    Well, maybe this is my dad's impression speaking through me but even if you work a job you're not exactly fond of (to put it lightly, of course), if you acknowledge, from long-lasting experience, that a particular theme of product (in this case, WoW) makes up a VERY significant portion of total sales from given department (from ringing through time cards, the base game + expansions so bloody often), then there's this general notion that someone who has worked there for a long time should have at least *some* real sense of knowing what the hell is up. Or at least the incentive should be there to learn, at least.

Maybe that's just too old-fashioned nowadays.

In this sense of talking about it, it doesn't even matter that the digital option exists for payment/easy access. I guess it's a complete mish-mash of various qualities, some of which I no longer see at all in a lot of employees of various kinds of stores.

Again, that could just be my dad's impression over the years speaking through me. But hey, the longer I think about it, the more I think we SHOULD take certain kinds of generalizations for granted.

I'm not angry in the slightest. Shocked and slightly disappointed? Oh, definitely. But mad? Nope, not at all.

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Dwarf in the Playground

Apologies, server error thing made me think it didn't go through. Double-post ftl.
    Last edited by MechaKingGhidra; 2012-09-25 at 08:38 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1224

Quote Originally Posted by MechaKingGhidra View Post
    Well, maybe this is my dad's impression speaking through me but even if you work a job you're not exactly fond of (to put it lightly, of course), if you acknowledge, from long-lasting experience, that a particular theme of product (in this case, WoW) makes up a VERY significant portion of total sales from given department (from ringing through time cards, the base game + expansions so bloody often), then there's this general notion that someone who has worked there for a long time should have at least *some* real sense of knowing what the hell is up. Or at least the incentive should be there to learn, at least.

Maybe that's just too old-fashioned nowadays.
    Again, no offence to anyone who works at Walmart, but the stereotype of people working there are people who don't really give a rats arse about the place. Product knowledge? I once asked a Walmart employee (on a bet, which I lost) what 1080p was, and if any of their TV's had it. Took 20 minutes for one of them to turn around, look at the huge HD TV that said 1080p on it in 15 cm letters, and say "That one I think?"

Don't let them get you down man. You're cooler than that I'm sure of it.

But hey, the longer I think about it, the more I think we SHOULD take certain kinds of generalizations for granted.
    I think such generalizations are dangerous and hurtful, hence why I identified that it is a stereotype, not necessarily true in all cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    God I find it so annoying. I have already seen three realm firsts for hitting 90. I understand the competitive urge. The want to be first at something, really, I do, but when it comes to a game, I find it a horrible idea. Take the time to enjoy the content you just bought! Read the quest dialogue, explore the zones, whatever. There is no need to rush your guy to 90 the first 5 hours the server is up on opening day. Its a waste of good content. I still remember opening day of tbc, seeing draenai shaman and blood elf paladins in hellfire peninsula level 61. What the hell?! Leveling was NOT as easy as it is now back then. And I just know that these are the same guys who proclaim about how bored they are a month later with the lack of content, because they raced through all of it as fast as they could and blizzard hasnt had the chance to add in the raid dungeons and such yet. Because it is obviously blizzards fault that they had a full group of people speed level them through all the content faster than they should have been able to get there.
    As mentioned, the people who are hitting 90 today are likely doing so with some sort of gimmick. Yes, 1-60 took longer. 61-70 took me about as long as 71-80, and 81-85 took me about 3/4s of the time. But I'm the kind of guy who went and got Loremaster twice on the same character. I have more quest completes on Karoht alone than probably any two people here on the forum.

The people who get world first quickly are not experiencing everything. They compete this way the community places some kind of value in such a competition.
    And the people who complain about it on the forums, typically don't even have a character anywhere near 85. Let alone 90. They're forum trolls, don't take them seriously, or else they win.
    Seriously, I'm rather glad that the raids don't open until next week. It largely makes this kind of race unnecessary and therefore just for show.

See you all at 90.

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Ogre in the Playground

I just completed the Jade Forest questlines and I have to say I'm seriously impressed with the amount of work Blizzard put in to pulling that one off.

Spoiler
    Show
    I go about chatting with the pandas and making friends. I help them gather the jade and they show me the magnificent statue they're constructing with it. I help Cho complete his mosaic. I do all these little thing and get to know everyone in what feels like a very personal way.
    Then I get a missive to come back to camp because it's time for the war to begin. Everything's regimented and I can't help but feel a little horrified about what's going on after the peacefulness of the rest of the forest.

And then the cutscene. Oh, the cutscene.

Not since the Wrathgate has WoW done storytelling this well. It has me really looking forward to the valley of the four winds and what happens next.

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Ogre in the Playground

I have more quest completes on Karoht alone than probably any two people here on the forum.
    Double loremaster here and completed every quest available except some of the firelands dailies for the second run through of the zones for loremaster .

Also got the second loremaster on two other characters.
    Last edited by pffh; 2012-09-25 at 09:22 PM.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

27. - Top - End - #1227

Quote Originally Posted by pffh View Post
    Double loremaster here and completed every quest available except some of the firelands dailies for the second run through of the zones for loremaster .

Also got the second loremaster on two other characters.
    Awesome. Give me your quest total between any two of your characters.

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Ogre in the Playground

Awesome. Give me your quest total between any two of your characters.
    Little under 13.5k (13482)

Not sure if it counts dailies as well but that shouldn't matter since I hardly ever do dailies.
    Last edited by pffh; 2012-09-25 at 09:55 PM.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

29. - Top - End - #1229

Quote Originally Posted by pffh View Post
    Little under 13.5k (13482)
    *whistle*
    Very nice. For two characters, not bad. Thats about 6250 per character, give or take.
    Now, if I cross a zone border and immediately check my quests completed under the statistics page, I read as just under 11.K
    On Karoht.
    By himself.

If I zone into an instance, the stats page shows something in the area of 9K on Karoht, which is more congruent with the armory stats.

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    You realize the people that hit 90 in a couple of hours almost certainly were in the beta and leveled at their own pace then, right? I mean, they surely had to be in the Beta to scout out the best place/way to level themselves.

If they're doing it that fast, they're not the kind of people who derive enjoyment from slowly leveling like you or I do. They're not going to have more fun if you somehow forced them to slow down. Let people enjoy what they want to do. If they do like it the normal way, they'll do it on their next character -- or, as I said, they probably already did it.

That's the beauty of a video game. You can play through multiple times. You don't somehow lock off the Pandaria experience to yourself by speeding through. It's still there.
    Last edited by The Linker; 2012-09-26 at 01:02 AM.