New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,491 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: World of Warcraft XIII: Even Aspects Get Nerfed

Hmm... I was browsing thru the WoW website and came across the FAQ for the MoP 10 day trial.

How do I sign up for the trial?
    Log into your Battle.net Account Management page, select the World of Warcraft license you would like to apply the trial to, and click Free 10-Day Trial on the right-hand side. Your trial period will begin immediately.

You do not need an active subscription to use the Mists of Pandaria trial. However, if you already have an active subscription when you sign up for the trial, your subscription will not be extended.
    Since my comp ate a bad update a while back and I had to wipe the drive clean, I don't have WoW installed anymore, and was just wondering if this is actually how I'm reading it before I actually take the 3 days it'll take my internet to download and install it.

Anyone know?
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Troll in the Playground

What'r u asking? You're going to have to redownload... Literally all of WoW to do the trial, and it gives you 10 days of play on your account. But if you didn't do Cataclysm, you have a cataclysm trial to use too. But you wont be able to be in Pandaland unless you have a 85 on your account.
    If youre eligible for the scroll of ressurectn, I'd take that, gives you a free level 80 of your choice and enough gold for old-world flying. If you ave a game card, it doesnt add10 more days to the card, it just adds Mists availability t those days. So dont click the button untol youre completely ready with everything installed again.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Ogre in the Playground

Was wondering if it gave you time. It never gave me any free time when I got the WotLK or Cata trials. I had to actually buy game time to use the trials.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    Was wondering if it gave you time. It never gave me any free time when I got the WotLK or Cata trials. I had to actually buy game time to use the trials.
    Really? Strange, it gave me time for BOTH my Wotlk trials. It should gove you the ten free days, thats how it works. Weeeeiiird. *deep think*. I know it doesnt give you time if you have time still on your account, but i dunno.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Yaaay, I helped someone by pointing them to a quality resource.
    I look at icy veins all the time. It really is a good resource. So, yes, thanks for that.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Ogre in the Playground

Has a new thread title been chosen? If not IŽd like to suggest "In memory of Socks and Gizmo"
    Last edited by pffh; 2012-10-27 at 04:09 PM.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

The Sha of Anger was generous... Tier tank gloves for my DK, who has been my guild's main tank so far this expansion. Hopefully we can down Elegon (2% wipe on Thursday!) and maybe the Will of the Emperor this evening.
    Just in time for Heart of Fear!

Also, I have been afraid to step in LFR this expansion, as mechanics seem complicated enough to cause numerous wipes with poor coordination. It's more frustrating to queue as tank/DPS, get chosen as a DPS, and then see that my tank set is almost certainly superior to theirs. (Or maybe I'm just the only tank who still thinks effective health is a reasonable goal... 559k hp unbuffed.)

It seems that Elegon has been a bit of a brick wall on my server (according to GuildOx, no Alliance guild has downed it yet).

I think I'll try to give a summary of my thoughts on the individual bosses once I have them killed. Can't judge something I haven't done, right?

Also, Sha of Anger groups seem to have WAY too many mind-controlled people. Since everyone "close to" the person with Growing Anger when it goes off gets MC'd, I think I should start suggesting that whoever gets that debuff just run away from everyone (if possible), so that there's fewer targets to CC. On good servers, this probably already happens.

Haven't gotten to fight Galleon yet, so no comments there.
    "Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy." --Siegbert Tarrasch

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Clearly the option exists, and Cairne knew this, and you would have to be silly to think that Garrosh WOULDN'T escalate it to the death. So Cairne had to have made the challenge knowing that it would come to this. Cairne isn't dumb. He knew he was putting his life on the line for his ideals. Bane also said this. I'm pretty sure Cairne said this to himself in the arena before the fight occured. I'm vaguely certain that he said this to himself before confronting Garrosh in the first place.
    Cairne still struck first and asked questions later.
    Yes, Thrall would have declined the challenge and stuck with proving himself in other means. No one ever said Garrosh was level headed. Again, Cairne knew that going in.
    Maybe Cairne knew how Garrosh would react and maybe he didn't, but Garrosh being predictably pigheaded does not excuse him for being pigheaded. And while yes, the option may exist, they clearly imply that it hasn't been done that way in a long time. (For good reason, as it turns out.)

In other words, Garrosh had no reason to escalate things that far besides his own brutish nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Colossus in the Playground

Why was garrosh made warchief again anyways? I mean, its not like his nature wasnt fairly well known before his promotion. Honestly, a part of me wonders why they didnt just bypass him. Make cairne or the troll guy the actual leader, and the rest of the horde treats the leader of the orcs as just another leader of many. "Yeah yeah garrosh, we heard yah, you think you should be in charge. Too bad the tauren, trolls, blood elves, goblins, and forsaken disagree."
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Why was garrosh made warchief again anyways? I mean, its not like his nature wasnt fairly well known before his promotion. Honestly, a part of me wonders why they didnt just bypass him. Make cairne or the troll guy the actual leader, and the rest of the horde treats the leader of the orcs as just another leader of many. "Yeah yeah garrosh, we heard yah, you think you should be in charge. Too bad the tauren, trolls, blood elves, goblins, and forsaken disagree."
    There is a good section in here on why Thrall made Garrosh warchief:

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/10/28/kn...y-do-we-fight/
    CEO of Evil Incorporated: "Subjugating humanity for a better tomorrow."

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    There is a good section in here on why Thrall made Garrosh warchief:

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/10/28/kn...y-do-we-fight/
    So basically, it boils down to thrall being an idiot? "Hey orcs used to be awesome before the demons came, garrosh is supposed to be like the old orcs were, lets ignore the fact that he is a never ending fountain of rage and racism and put him in charge!"
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    So basically, it boils down to thrall being an idiot? "Hey orcs used to be awesome before the demons came, garrosh is supposed to be like the old orcs were, lets ignore the fact that he is a never ending fountain of rage and racism and put him in charge!"
    I still read WoW Insider (Haven't done anything in WoW except the occasional level to 20 on the free trial account for a while now) to try and keep up some the basic changes. Good source, but the Tinfoil Hat Lore is... tinfoil hat not included kind of "I DO NOT UNDERSTAND". You have to be a proficient conspircacy-oragamist to really follow them. On Thrall and Garrosh, I dunno. Garrosh existed, they took him down a path and realized that he was an ass but they already made him so important, lets go the whole mile and 3 kilometers extra. It has a good point on the "He IS the son of Grom. How much can you expect" and "He's a Warsong, not a Frostwolf/ a logical clan". But you'd think he'd be less of a dumb ass-ass-ass, being raised by the Greatmother for pretty much decades.

I'm really thinking of the trial but if I wait till Christmas, who KNOWS what might happen, and I'm SURE I'll get swamped then. But if I take it now, I'll get swamped now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Bugbear in the Playground

I really suck at choosing classes. Both DK and Pally are turning out to be fun options. Gah. At this rate, I might just choose based on who looks cooler in their tier gear. Which so far is DK.

At any rate, managed to farm up a Truesilver Champion heirloom and Rivendare's mount (dropped after only, like, the 7th run.) Currently working on Ravenlord mount. I swear, with just some cheap MoP 84/86 gear from the Ah and starter quests, anything BC or below is just an arcane blast away. Too bad mage raid solo potential is far less awesome...

And as for Garrosh, I am REALLY disappointed at Blizz. With things like Stonetalon mountains, I thought they were going to try to make him grow as a character. Looks like that plan flew out the window.

Then again, my concern with the lore is at a minimum at the moment. I still want my two alliance heroes from Dark Portal back. And Demon hunters as a class.

/miss Turalyon and Alleria
    Last edited by Daverin; 2012-11-02 at 03:08 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Troll in the Playground

Choose? Choose for what? Why not both?

15. - Top - End - #1485

For the first to level, and be my main. I'm not actually a fan of my mage, so I'm trying to find what class to be the one I get to 90 first.

I almost feel like I'd pick a monk, what having 3 different roles and being more fast paced like the DK, except... there is something about their damage that just doesn't seem... there. I don't know, I just feel like I should be hitting harder while leveling.

And I would like druid, except I really don't like the hassle of their AoE in PvE.

As you can see, I am a mite bit picky.
    Last edited by Daverin; 2012-11-02 at 07:08 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Ettin in the Playground

One advantage windwalker monks have(not sure how good the other specs are at it) is really good pvp CC, which does help make up for some of their slightly lower damage(doesn't help as much in dungeons/raids though). Fists of fury, spinning fire blossom, the AoE level 60 stun, spear hand strike, crackling jade lightning, and touch of karma are all very useful in pvp(and it's fun to touch of karma people in pvp in general, and watch them blast themselves to bits, or at least to my hp-99%).
    The flight form style thingy is also fun, since you can gather ores or herbs while using it.
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-11-02 at 10:04 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Ettin in the Playground

New thread, since we reached 50 pages(wasn't sure if we had decided on a title yet)
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

18. - Top - End - #1488

I think I will try a monk again, but first I am going to farm up for leather heirlooms. I am thinking maybe it is unfair to compare it to the classes where I have two pieces of armor and now a weapon.

I kind of wish there was a 2h agility heirloom. I don't want to have to farm for two weapons for a monk... I wish heirs were as cheap as back in Wrath.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1489
    Ettin in the Playground

There is actually a 2 hand agility heirloom, a staff bought from the justice point vendor for 3500JP.
    The darkmoon fair also has a few heirlooms, and if you buy the darkmoon quest items before it starts, you can usually get them for only 15-80g each
    Meow(Steam page)

20. - Top - End - #1490

Eh, I mostly just run Wintergrasp and Tol Barad when they come up, since on my server they are deserted and alliance controlled. Which means a slow, but steady income of annoyance-free honor.

I'd almost consider the Darkmoon Faire, except... I have no idea where to begin with that one.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1491
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Sheriff: This thread has reached the 50 page mark and is locked for length. Please see the next version linked above.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex