New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar: The Legend of an IC II

"Allow me."
    Korro kneels next to the conscious bandit and attempts to heal the injured with basic first aid.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Heal check:
    (1d20+4)[15]

"Rise swordsman, it is not yet your time."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    I like Fred. I shall make him an honorary Pimpsquatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    I love Fred because he returned from the dead in a form that doesn't hunger for the flesh of the living! Also, he's a nice guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MageOfCakes View Post
    You're chibi and that's awesome. n_n

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

"It is foolish to so readily aid those who just attacked us without provocation", Shao says and gives the cowering bandits a glare. "Still, if this is how you want to go about it, very well... But know this, robbers: should you break your word, it is not the spirits you will have to worry about", the firebender threatens in dark tone, brandishing his sword before swiping blood off it and re-sheathing his weapon.

3. - Top - End - #33

... "I meant for them to hand over their weapons and stuff before we healed them. You know, so they couldn't attack us, just in case." Serena says, looking at Korro as if he is more than a little bit stupid.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar: The Legend of an IC II

The bandit bows in appreciation to Korro as the fallen swordsman is stabilised and turns to Shao.

"I can swear by no more than my honour. Should I break it, I expect no less than your vengeance"

After speaking he runs to the other wall-creating bandit and attempts to stabilise him as well.

Heal Check: (1d20+2)[10]

It doesn't seem to work, however, and he seems close to panic.

(Sorry, forgot to write it. He gives Serena his weapons, armour, extra clothes, a few coins and a map. The others are all unconscious and he is unwilling to give their stuff to you without consent. )
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2012-02-26 at 12:15 PM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

5. - Top - End - #35

"They are beaten Serena. There will be no more bloodshed."
    Korro shakes his head, quite disappointed at the rush of his companions to violence and threats. Such things are pointless when there are people dying around them.
    No one dies today.

If allowed, Korro will attempt to stabilise another one of the unconscious bandits if he can.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[16]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I love Fred because he returned from the dead in a form that doesn't hunger for the flesh of the living! Also, he's a nice guy.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Firbolg in the Playground

Isca sighs. I suppose you are right.
    The tendril of water in her hand, a deadly weapon a few moments earlier, reshapes into a soothing balm. She places it on the bandit's wounds, healing them.

Healing Waters bending check: (d20+9)[23]

Why did you attack us on the road? You invite death this way.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Through Korro and Isca's combined effort, the injured bandits are healed and slowly awakened. Isca's question is answered by Ying, the Earthbender who had joined the melee at the battle's beginning.

"It seemed the fastest way, figured we could knock you out and take what we needed."

The bandit who had helped patch up his comrades cringes at her honesty, but speaks up as well.

"We did not seek to kill neither you nor the people you protect, merely escape before L-Lord Zei's army finds us. We were desperate."

The bandit attempts to bow in apology to the group and the frightened villagers. The latter now slowly emerging from the far corner of the wall where they had hid.

(You may roll Knowledge (History) checks to see if you recognise the name. )
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

8. - Top - End - #38

Knowledge (History): (d20+4)[17]
    Sense Motive: (d20+11)[27]

Love wins. S'agapo.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Seeming quite less angry now that he hears the motives of the bandits, Shao nods slowly, thoughtful look on his face. "Still, there are better choices than banditry... But in this day and age, I guess that man can't be blamed for desperation. The land is very much torn asunder by all the petty infighting... I just hope that we will be able to make a difference in this next village at the very least."

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling knowledge.

(1d20+9)[27] (Knowledge: History)

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Ying answers this part as well, interrupting the wall-creating bandit before he can reply.

"You proved that point quite well, I almost believe you can make a difference."

She say with a mocking smile. Sitting up straighter, the young Earthbender continues in a friendlier, if still arrogant, tone.

"But you will need whatever help you can get if you are going where I think. My items are in that tunnel"

She indicates one of the holes the bandits had ambushed from with a nod.

The other two bandits, now mostly awake, nods in agreement to the first two. Although the swordsman, Tahn, takes a few moments of thought before responding.

"My brother's promise is mine as well, I ask only that you leave us with enough to reach the person you believe will shelter us"

"Ying's got a point, take my sword as well if you need it. I don't believe it will be of as much use, but it is of good quality"

Isca
    Spoiler
    Show
    Isca recognise the name as related to Chin's army before his death. Supposedly, he is still a powerful warlord.

The bandits seem sincere and their promises very believable, they seem to value their honour quite well on that point. Isca does not notice any attempt at deceit or trickery, although the humbler one seems quite fearful of this Zei.

Shao
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shao know that Zei was a high-ranking member of Chin's army, well known for being ruthless in the search of any tool to crush the Earth King's defenses and penetrate the walls of Ba Sing Se.

After the death of Chin, he remained as a warlord. While he is among the more powerful ones, his conquests are known for being of strange and desolated places, even so far as to briefly claim the Si Wong Desert.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

11. - Top - End - #41

"I am simply thankful that this whole ordeal was resolved without casualties. Do not worry, you will be looked after well enough, Grandmother's farm is not too far from here. 5 miles west of Ba Sing Se at most. Just follow the road" he gently says with a soft smile.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Rubbing his chin thoughtfully, Shao raises his eyebrow. "Wait... I have heard of Zei. He is one of more powerful warlords around. Used to be one of Chin's more high-ranked goons, and is expecially well known for seeking any way to breach the walls of the city... Usually, his attacks are at quite desolate and strange locations. He is either a madman or very clever man... Let's not hope he is not both of them."

Seemingly having forgotten about the bandits already now that news of one of more infamous warlords has surfaced, Shao climbs back onto the saddle of his ostrich warhorse. "Well, it is best that we get back onto the road. After all, we have a spirit problem to take care of, if I recall correctly."

13. - Top - End - #43

Serena is busy loading all of the loot into her Ostrich-horse's saddlebags. She has plans, and those plans require money, and nobody else seems interested in it. "Tightass Mcfriendlyfirepants has a point. Wasn't the entire point of taking the plains to get to the spirity place faster? We don't really have time for small talk. Besides, the quicker we do this, the quicker I can get back to my own pursuits." ... Wait, Serena has plans and pursuits? And by pursuits I mean bagging as many guys as I can." Oh.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

14. - Top - End - #44

"While I agree we should continue on our way, it seems you are being a little too hasty. The joy of adventure is in the journey after all!" Korro booms with a hearty laugh, setting off on the road again, caring not if anyone follows him or not.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

The bandits bow as the group continues, the villagers still eyeing them warily, but seemingly convinced that the matter is resolved.

If the others follow Korro, they will see that the bandits do indeed follow the road as told. Although they seem to already be bickering about something.

Serena's ostrich-horse is now loaded with an extra twenty Earth Nation money, a quite well-made sword, a bundle that seem to contain a set of armour and a set scrolls.

(You can still act before leaving, but the spirit doesn't like waiting! )
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

((Sorry for the double post, but the spirits need sacrifi opponents! :3))

The remainder of the trip pass by with little event, the villagers now determined to catch up on the lost time by hurrying the group.

Just as the sun is setting in the horizon, you reach the top of a hill and look upon a small village, the buildings obscured by fog rising from a lake at the far end of the settlement. It seems quite peaceful and tranquil from this distance.

What do you do?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

17. - Top - End - #47

Isca gazes off at the village. I presume that is our destination? Let us head there post-haste.

Love wins. S'agapo.

18. - Top - End - #48

"Agreed." Korro states almost solemnly. "It would be best if we do not waste any more time. Shall we proceed then?"
    Last edited by Fredaintdead; 2012-03-20 at 10:10 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

"Indeed, we should make haste", Shao says in rather solemn tone as he observes their destination, sitting on the saddle of his ostrich-horse. "I don't think we will have much time before spirits become an issue again, and I would not wish to leave these people to fend off for themselves even for moment longer because we chose to delay..."

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

One of the villagers nod and hurries the others on.

"You are correct, that is our village Miwu. I just hope we are not too late"

As the distance to the village grows smaller, the fog seems to reveal no more of what lies within, sans the very outmost buildings.

(Image!)
    Spoiler
    Show

The villager point at a large building on the highest point in the village, a fearful whisper spreading amongst her companions.

"That is the home of Elder Lio, if anyone is alive, they are there. The spirit only attacked those close to the lake, but I fear it has not stayed there."
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

21. - Top - End - #51

"We should check on the wounded and see if the Elder knows anything about these spirits beforehand." Korro says with a nod. "As much as I want to get to grips with these spirits, I do not want to go in unprepared."
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

The villager nods, looking nervously at the fog.

"Of course. Anything that could help you prepare."

The villagers will lead the group towards the hilltop of the Elder's residence, growing ever more scared as the fog seems to move around them despite the lack of wind.

As you draw nearer, you begin noticing light coming from the windows along with the silhouettes of humans within the building. They appear to be more villagers, but it is difficult to tell.

Roll a spot check.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

23. - Top - End - #53

Spot check:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+10)[18]
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

SpotCheck - (1d20-2)[10]
    haha this won't work
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

25. - Top - End - #55

Spottedy! (1d20-2)[18]
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

26. - Top - End - #56

Supersharp waterbender eyesight go!

(d20+10)[18]

Love wins. S'agapo.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Spot check:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+2)[11] (Spot)

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

All of you get an eerie feeling of being watched, but it's difficult to tell if there is anything hidden in the swirling clouds of fog or if it is merely imagination.

As the Elder's home draws nearer, one of the silhouettes raises a hand to signal the others and unsheetes a short blade. Clearly intend to take no chances. The villagers you have escorted seem noticeably happier, however, and wave to the silhouettes in joyful recognition.

"How! Song! We have returned with the saviors Elder Lio predicted!"

One of them shouts, the guards inside the home turning to unseen villagers and repeating the message with relief and joy. They quickly open the doors as you reach them.
    As they gather around you, you can clearly see that these are the ones who were too old, young or weak to travel to Ba Sing se. All those who could do nothing but wait and hope.

Behind their hopeful faces, you can see an old woman dressed in the style of an Airbender surrounded by the mysterious tools of divination. Cards, bone dice, incense and many others scattered in strange patterns and symbols around the Elder.

"So, you have come. Well met, I apologise that we can not provide better conditions. But you already know how fearful times have gotten for Miwu."
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

29. - Top - End - #59

"It is no bother wise one. What can you tell us about the spirit that has been attacking? That is, do you have any idea why it's attacking your village?" Korro asks the elder in a respectful tone.
    Last edited by Fredaintdead; 2012-04-18 at 09:48 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

The elder raises a hand and places it on a village map behind her, pointing at a lake, on which shores the village is built.

"We know the spirit as Wu, the protector of lake Miwu. The first of our forebearers witnessed first hand her power tear through the land and form the river that feeds the lake. She had been peaceful since the great Avatar Yangchen, but something has happened in the spirits' world. Something which will reach farther than any of us imagine."

The aging Airbender says, the foreboding statement almost making it feel as if the warmth had left the room. The silence lasting among the villagers, until the elder continues.

"But please do not feel that the burden of calming the Spirit World is on your shoulders, that responsibility lies on the Avatar as the bridge between our worlds."

She says, a comforting smile accompanying the words. Although, something seems off. Not with the elder, but it is difficult to place it.

(Roll a listen check)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.