New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Harnel's Plots

[Eric's Rebirth - The Between]

Nothing changes as Magtok speaks. It just keeps glaring at him vehemently, protecting the human Eric by placing it behind itself.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Eric's Rebirth - The Between

"Yeah, whatever. I'll be back with the other half in a minute."

Magtok scurries the hell away from that thing, not wanting to spend any more time with the monstrosity than strictly neccesary.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Heading to the next glowing thing will take a bit of time for Magtok, and as he moves across layers and space, he'll notice that the pair he left behind start shining once more. At least he'll be able to find them again.

Magtok may not get the chance to keep going though, as Dirt Lump returns, apparently still trying to seek symbiosis as it attempts to latch onto Magtok again, this time going for his metallic arm. Curiously, there is a creature waiting nearby, looking like nothing so much as a human with an arm for a head.

4. - Top - End - #34

"No. Quit that, you're not brute-forcing your way here, we're negotiating this. Give me one good reason not to feed you to the tentacle monster we were just talking to, Blobby. Just one good reason to put up with you and your stupid space magic."

Despite his words, Magtok isn't anywhere near as prepared to deal with 'Blobby' this time around. Since he can't grab at it with his shiny hand, he instead has to try to hold it back with his right hand, to hold it back and try to either maneuver the thing so he can get a good grip on it with his left hand, or simply rip it right off with his flesh arm.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Magtok will hear some rumbling coming from the little dirt wad, and in his mind he'll have images of a splendorous armor made of dark chitin intertwined with Magtok's own body, enhancing his strength to superhuman levels and making him nearly invincible!

That's probably exaggeration on the part of the dirt lump, but at least he's being accurate in what he'd be giving Magtok.

Should he say no again, sadness will come from the dirt wad and it will come off easily when he grabs at it. It's the mental version of puppy dog eyes.

6. - Top - End - #36

As much as Magtok doesn't want to bond with this slimy runt, in the end, he decides to go against everything his instincts are screaming and just allow the thing to spread this time. As inconvenient as this symbiote might be, he runs the risk of dying horribly without it and forcing another MagClone to come along and potentially meet the same fate. That'd just be an embarrassingly stupid waste of resources, especially over something as stupid and insignificant as a little Spiderman comic-induced paranoia.

"Fine, but we're doing this my way, and if you have to eat innocent bunnies or something to sustain yourself or some other sort of wacky side-effect like that, I should at least get to choose which bunnies we eat."

Magtok fights the urge to scratch at the thing as best he can, squirming quite uncomfortably as it spreads across him. Luckily he's on the third of four Erics, so this shouldn't be an issue for much longer. Of course, once he re-enters the Nexus, there might be some unfortunate complications when the slimy thing comes into contact with reality, but that's not important right now, is it? Just got to focus on the here and now, leave that five minutes from now nonsense for later.

He tries to grab the third Eric-thing by its arm...face...head...neck...thing. Whatever the hell it is, he's grabbing it, and intends to bring it with him to visit #4, expecting something even worse waiting at the penultimate stage of this Eric-aberration adventure.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

true to the image it presented, the creature will form itself intoa living suit of deep blue chitinous armor. there will be a brief moment of pain as it sends what are essentially roots into Magtok's body, followed by a surging feeling of power and might. If allowed, it'll cover him head to toe, covering even his face. strangely, Magtok will still be able to see easily enough through the mask, resulting in something similar to this. Oddly, if Magtok allows it to do this, it will have no trouble bonding to his metallic half.

The third shard of Eric's soul, though, is an inanimate object.

A Magbox 360. He should have no trouble grabbing it.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-02-15 at 11:56 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38

Magtok grabs the 360. That was almost distressingly easy. The cyborg nearly finds himself hoping that the last shard of Eric will be a challenge to obtain, if for no other reason than to justify allowing this slimy goop monster to root right right into his flesh like some horrid parasite.

Part of him considers the option of scurrying back to #2 with the 360 and just leaving it there, but he decides against that. The big, stupid, ugly brute might just sit on it and shatter the console to pieces, after all. Best to just keep it with him and go investigate the fourth shard.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

You just had to tempt fate, didn't you?

Magtok may find himself dealing with a venus fly trap-type creature made entirely out of human teeth as it strikes from the roof. Wait, there's a roof? Anyways, its sharp crushing power likely would bisect the cyborg, if not for the armor he now wears. The armor doesn't entirely protect him; his stomach will still be bruised (assuming it hits) but Magtok will be nowhere near as hurt as he could have been.

10. - Top - End - #40

Holy ****ing monkey **** ****! All of a sudden Magtok finds himself surrounded by molar after molar of freakish plant monster teeth, and bizarre plant mouth nonsense everywhere else. After his initial moment of panic passes, he opts to try to do nearly everything at once to try to break free. He tries to burn the plant with his lighter-finger, cut at it with his knife one, and demand that his new symbiote buddy provide a detailed list of each and every violent option in its repertoire. If his elbows are as sharp and pointy as in the provided image, he'll even try carving up the plant with that, too.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Sure, the armor could attack, but doing so would make it less protective, and considering the amount of force the tooth thing is still putting on, that might well result in Magtok getting bisected. That said, whever Magtok attepts to do something with his cybernetics, the creature acting as his armor moves out of the way to allow him to do such.

and yes, his elbows are indeed point. As are his fingers, which are currently much like claws.

As he attempts all these things, magtok will see that, for some reason, cutting the plant is the single most effective thing Magtok can do, splitting the teeth like butter. this will work with the knife finger, claws, and spikes of all sorts. Assuming he uses this information, he'll be able to get out of the plant relatively quickly.

Once out, the plant will attempt to snap at Magtok again, its body extending grossly to attempt to consume him whole this time.

12. - Top - End - #42

Rather than retreat, like the giant toothy monster might expect, Magtok instead tries to lunge right at the accursed thing, rushing towards the monster's mouth as quickly as he can. While it's probably not the best of plans, at least this way he might not get ground to bits between those mighty teeth.

"Alright, Blobby, I'm going to need you to just trust me here. Give me a chainsaw arm. Or like, a power sword or even sharper claws or whatever. I need to rip and tear, understand? Rip and tear. Like the Doom Guy. Okay?

Alright, 3, 2, 1, GO!"

Using the momentum provided by shooting right at the beast, Mag tries to reach out with both arms, and tear at anything and everything in his way, hoping to eviscerate this beast from within.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

[Eric's Rebirth - the Between]

At Magtok's Go, Blobby does this to Magtok's right arm. Magtok will find that, in exchange for the power afforded by the blade, there is far, far less defense in the armor. If he gets bitten, he'll get mulched.

That said, he seems to have chosen a way of getting eaten without getting mulched. As Magtok swings the blade about, the tooth plant screeches in terror and pain, reeling back as it spits Magtok out.

Massive pieces of it are handing off in strips by this point as it screeches, moving off into the distance, obviously retreating from a superior foe.

14. - Top - End - #44

Eric's Rebirth - the Between

"Yeah, you'd better run! Get lost, and don't let me ever see you around here again!"

Magtok laughs maniacally, but only for about a moment or so before he suddenly stops cringe in agony and clutch at his abdomen. Gah, that adrenaline only lasts so long, and then when it's gone, there's nothing left to distract yourself from the nightmarishly awful pain.

We're not quite done yet, though. Magtok still has to limp his way to the next Eric shard, bring them all together, and then make some sort of final decision about what he's going to do with Blobby. He's got to keep moving, get everything done before any other creatures find him and sniff out his apparent weakness. Mag's not a videogame protagonist, there's only so many things he can best in a fight before wounds and exhaustion eat him alive.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

As Magtok travels, he'll feel the mind of Blobby sending him images. He'd have to get rid of the blade, and the armor wouldn't be as defensive, but he could give Magtok some of his own life force. It should heal the cyborg of his pain. It'll leave Blobby weakened, however, but he'll recover.

the man with the arm for a head has started following Magtok again. strangely, his outfit - a brown, simple robe - has changed to magtok's color of purple. On top of this, the handhead seems almost shy, not wanting to get too close to Magtok.

16. - Top - End - #46

Magtok spares a glance at the weird facepalm guy as he hurries along, before shaking his head. No Blobby, Magtok can just soldier on through the pain, he doesn't need any assistance there. Just keep up your defensive and offensive end of things, the cyborg can handle the rest. Besides, we might need that strength later, especially if Ladyfingers over there tries making a move on Magtok.

For now though, you should totally change your color around a little bit so there's a purple M on Magtok's chest. Superman-esque, or maybe more like Batman. Whatever, it's a shiny M emblem either way, right? Looking stylish is always important, even out here, in a screaming sea of mindless nonsense creatures.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Blobby responds by creating an emblazoned giant red M on Magtok's chest, as well as turning the rest of the armor to Magtok's own brand of purple. if there's style to be had, style will be had!

As Magtok moves along, several of the far-entities are following him. Facepalm, for instance, as well as this slug thing that runs around on a pair of wolf feet. They just seem to be following Magtok, and there's quite a few of them.

The fourth and final shard of Eric's soul is what appears to be a knight's suit of armor, rusted around the edges though it may have shone once. At the point where the wearer's heart would be, a hole exists. A bullet hole, to be exact.

18. - Top - End - #48

Magtok warily eyes the group trailing behind him, not quite sure whether to consider them potential allies, or simply carrion vultures waiting for him to fall over and provide a feast for their abominable, unseemly freak-monster tendrils. The cyborg's been making all sorts of friends since he showed up here, to his dismay, so it could be the former, but discounting the latter possibility entirely would just be stupid way out here.

"Come on, Mister Chivalry. We've got business elsewhere."

Even though there's not really much of anyone around to hear it, Magtok makes sure to lace as much venom and sarcasm in that remark as he can. That's just like Eric, to think of himself as Julie's big, bold white knight or some-such nonsense, isn't it? He's not quite sure whether to blame her for putting such preposterous thoughts in his head, or if they were already there to begin with, but either way, he's certainly not very happy about it. Instead of simply carrying the suit of armor around the way he does with the 360, he instead tries to just shove the knightly shell forward as he drifts back towards the tentacle-monster he met before.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

As magtok moves, his following will trail behind him once again. Halfway between his destination and where he found the armor, however there is... something.

It defies description. A giant mass. It's at least as tall as several mountains, and covered in eyes. remarkably, Magtok won't see it until he's on the same level that it's on.

It reaches out with its mind, and an image takes form, a completely androgynous human being. This is potentially to make it easier for the cyborg to deal with, but all the other creatures recoil away from this mental projection. Even Blobby is shuddering; he doesn't want to be here. He doesn't want Magtok to talk to this thing, but he's stalwart enough that he will stay with the boss.

The image speaks, "Hello magtok. I noticed you are collecting something that you shouldn't be."

20. - Top - End - #50

Magtok narrows his eyes at the androgynous being. An enemy of Eric and Yoggy? An enemy of Magtok? The cyborg can't quite tell yet, and as such, refrains from any particularly aggressive course of action. This guy has unbelievably difficult boss fight written all over him, but if he can be convinced that everything's cool and that Mag isn't a fan of Eric either, maybe he can continue along unhindered. It's a long shot, but no reason not to try, right?

"So I am. I can't quite tell for the life of me whether you happen to be referring to the sizable crowd you just frightened off or the wacky bits and pieces of this guy, though."

Magtok gestures with the 360 slightly, as if it wasn't immediately obvious what he was referring to.

"Either way though, I won't be any trouble, as I don't intend to hang around here for much longer."

Magtok offers a slight psuedo-innocent smile, realizing only too late that the Miss(ter) Mountains of Madness probably won't even see it.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm afraid that I cannot allow you to do that. You see, the creature you are collecting the pieces of is a beast of the one who put me here, and I will not allow that pretender to have anything. I wish for you to give me one good reason why I should allow you to pass," The eye mountain stares coldly at Magtok, obviously unimpressed.

22. - Top - End - #52

Magtok raises an eyebrow.

"I don't remember him ever saying anything about killing someone or banishing them somewhere or something. Shouldn't be a problem, though..."

Magtok offers up his best smile, hoping Blobby gets the hint and lets the androgynous humanoid see his shiny face this time around.

"I don't particularly care for the bastard either. I can get him right back down here for you in...I dunno, maybe a year, tops. A few months, if we're lucky, during which I intend to make his and his beloved's life about as miserable as I can."

He holds the 360 in both hands, peering at it closely, before floating over towards the suit of armor's bullet wound, at which point he pokes his finger in and twists, wondering if this shard of Eric is as hollow as he imagines it would be.

"Out of curiosity, do you understand the mortal concept of love? Because these two people had it, as twisted and perverse as their particular brand of it might be. She's moved on though, she set up a funeral and probably restarted dating and everything. Bringing Eric back, only for him to realize she's already over his corpsey ass and is only glad to see him because it means she doesn't have full baby-duty all to herself...well I don't see how that could be any kinder a fate than leaving him floating here in sweet ignorance and mindless apathy, do you?"

The cyborg turns his gaze back towards the androgynous being. He feels a bit uncomfortable bragging about his plans, knowing full well that secrets of this magnitude really ought to be kept a secret. Fate always conspires to thwart the plans of anyone who reveals their scheme too soon, and Mag might have to fall back on a contingency or two if this particular conversation ruins things.

"If that goes to hell and it turns out true love prevails though...well, I have a card up my sleeve for that, too. His name is Kirk. Believe me, stranger, I'm no friend of Eric or his master, either. Let me go, and I can promise you won't regret it."
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-02-18 at 10:39 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Blobby indeed gets the hint, and retracts from Magtok's head as the cyborg smiles.

The projected image the mountain of eyeballs is making seems to consider this for a long moment. It does indeed understand the foolish mortal "Love" concept, and can see what Magtok is getting at. Was he forced into this course of action then? Interesting.

"Very well then, you may continue to collect what you wish. Make sure the starspawn suffers."

And then it's gone. there's no flash, no cool sound effect. It is simply not there anymore, and the two shards of Eric, one holding the other, in the distance are visible once more

Blobby shudders as it closes over Magtok's head once more. It doesn't think talking to the thing was a good idea, but it's not about to question Magtok at all. The cyborg knows best and all that.

24. - Top - End - #54

The cyborg nods, proceeding to grab knight-Eric's arm with his own whilst tucking the 360 under his arm, and then he hurries off towards his destination. That was wonderful, negotiations went much better than expected. He can't help but wonder if maybe that thing is going to come back to haunt him some day, though. A big guy/lady/monster like that, capable of frightening so many...On top of that, Magtok's had some rather violent encounters with androgynous beings before, so y'never know, I guess. Yet another excuse to remain eternally vigilant and forever paranoid beyond measure.

"Yo! Tentacles, I got your self-righteousness and your downloaded pron collection! We can go back to the Nexus now, right?"
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

The tentacle thing, still holding the catatonic human Eric, moves towards maggy, screaming the entire way. It reaches for the other parts of its soul, seeking to take them from Magtok and not let the cyborg anywhere near. Blobby is most definitely afraid of this creature.

26. - Top - End - #56

Magtok rolls his eyes, simply providing Squidward the space he needs to hoard all his bits and pieces away from the cyborg. He tries to contact the Yog representative who sent him here. He's not entirely sure how to go about doing so though, so he tries a few different things. First, he clicks his heels together three times.

"There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like...wow, this is stupid, even by my standards."

After deciding against that, he instead tries cupping his hands together and shouting into the nothingness.

"HEY! YOG REP GUY! It's time to go, I have all the Eric fragments!"

Lastly, if that second thing didn't work, he just thinks the same shout out loud in his head a few times. Hopefully one of these tricks should do the job.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Eric's Rebirth]

Just as before, the summons seems to take longer than strictly necessary to have it's desired effect, but it does work in the end.

A worm.
    What a fragile, insignificant creature.
    Just like Magtok.
    "Worm."

Tilting perception, squeezing through tunnels, existence, non-existence, a flurry of sensations for the cyborg.
    At least, by some strange chance, none of the myriad sensations are that of pain.

For a time, Magtok is left with the vision of an infinite number of beings, of all shapes and minds, yet all feeling distinctly right, as if the hands at the ends of his arms.
    But it flicks away, like a light, and he is within his own body again, standing within a summoning circle surrounded by endless, cloudy blackness.

"Welcome back, Magtok. A pleasant surprise to note your success."
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

[Eric's Rebirth]

Blobby will arrive with Magtok, still attached to the cyborg in the form of armor. What is this place? what's this solid stuff under them? where are they? why is everything so solid, and why are things pulling down?

Blobby is scared witless, of course

Eric's base parts are over there, changed from the forms they had in the between to four varying shapes of light, immobile in the air. Yog-Sothoth may do with them as he pleases, of course.

29. - Top - End - #59

Eric's Rebirth

"Surprise?"

Magtok's expression sours slightly. He knows who he's dealing with, and how tiny and unimportant he might seem to an alien being who really wouldn't know any better, but that comment still stings. Come on, abomination, did you really think Magtok wasn't going to pull through? I mean, there were some rough times, but still...

"Eh, whatever. You're going to put him back together now, right?"
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Eric's Rebirth]

You'd think the Cosmic Being of Everything would know that.
    Maybe it did.
    Probably said that specifically because it knew it would hurt Magtok.

Or maybe it genuinely didn't know.
    Hard to tell.

"I am."

From somewhere behind the indistinct figure walks out a very naked elf woman with short-cropped brown hair.
    Around the other side of the figure walks a very large black wolf.

They both stride into place before the Yog-representative, staring rather intently at Magtok.
    The figure holds out a hand towards the shards of soul, willing them to float over towards the figures, to hover in a rough circular pattern above them.

"It must be tiring, to be attached to the same base form for one's entire life.
    What say you, Magtok? You seem rather attached to your form."
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit