New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Harnel's Plots

[Skies Over Watch ==> Cessie's World]

Some of the Watchmen may see a winged figure flying away from the Tower. Some may even recall that this is the direction the sky ship took when leaving for Harnel and Cessie's wedding.

The figure is currently dressed in some of his more lax clothing, though fit for cold weather; fur lined coat and cloak being foremost. the longcoat is enchanted especially; normally it's made so that a normal individual can wear it without dealing with holes in the back, but it adjusts for the wings that Harnel has.

On his back, under the cloak is a rucksack with everything he needs for the next little while, or even may need; rations good for two weeks, a large tent, one hundred and fifty feet of rope, a bag of rubber balls, a collapsible twelve foot pole (comes in two-foot increments), a grapling hood, a periscope, a hacksaw, a bonesaw, a crowbar, a shovel, three sacks, four changes of clothing, two of which are fit for nobility (and all of which are shaped for a being that doesn't have draconic wings and tail), chalk, a lantern, lantern oil, a large bag of sand, dice of various sizes and shapes, three swords, two of which are greatswords made of adamantine as well as Conflict, an adamantine dagger, a mirror, a pound of soap, several logs of cedar wood, pitch, a cooking pot, spices, flint and a tinderbox, the softhand gloves he got from Azik, an adamantine suit of chainmail, a suit of platemail (shaped for a human), and finally a watch.

Why yes, it is a bag of holding. Why do you ask?

In any case, Harnel will pass through the waypoint between Cessie's world and the Nexus at this point. If anything wants to stop him like Libra did the first time, now is it's chance.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-08-15 at 03:03 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Skies Over Watch ==> Cessie's World]

No entities comes to greet him as he passes through the portal, instead he's greeted by a icy wind which cuts right through his clothes. There really is no kind of clothing that protect you from this weather and this wind.

But something have changed from his last visit to this desolated wilderness as there is now a zeppelin tower constructed near the portal and as he get's closer a loud voice cuts through the air.

THIS IS THE NORTH GUARD, YOU ARE NOW UNDER HESTOPIAN LAW, SURRENDER AND GET DOWN ON THE GROUND OR WE WILL FORCE YOU TO!!!
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-08-16 at 06:28 AM.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hestopia]

Oh my, that's not good.

Harnel doesn't even bother looking for the source of the voice, knowing that it's probably being projected via magic. Instead he touches down on the ground in front of the zeppelin tower and waits for the ever so obvious "Guards surround the suspect" thing that always seems to to happen when you're threatened by guards in a new area. He also concentrates, bolstering his innate magic resistance; hopefully that will be enough if someone tries to restrain him beyond physical means.

Honestly, this just seems so... common. Still, Harnel was expecting to have to travel for days to get to Hestopia, not appear inside it directly. He can't help but wonder what changed.

4. - Top - End - #214

[Sub-Arctic Wilderness]

As soon as the half dragon lands he is indeed surrounded, but not by guards, but by various elemental types. A group of air elementals block the air ways while a group of large white colored earth elementals attempts to restrain him physically, grabbing both his wings and arms. What kind of stone these elementals are made of are hard to see, but they feel very cold and aren't especially gentle in their approach.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sub-Arctic Wilderness]

Oh, well, isn't that pleasant?

Harnel just sighs and reaches into his rucksack, before drawing Conflict and another greatsword out of the bag. He'll hold the swords out, showing that the elementals shouldn't get any closer. If they do, they're liable to be cut apart. It occurs to me that the bag being able to hold the greatswords would be fairly remarkable

"I'd rather be civil and talk face to face with a living person, you know. I've never been a particularly big fan of mindless elementals, and I happen to be a nobility. Maybe we can talk and avoid things getting messy on either end. I imagine you don't want to deal with the paperwork and problems that'd come out if my claim ends up being true."

Diplomacy roll!

6. - Top - End - #216

[Sub-Arctic Wilderness]

PUT THE SWORD DOWN NOW AND YOU WON'T BE HARMED!!! The voice repeats while the elementals are getting just outside the reach of his sword, creating a literal choke point around him.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sub-Arctic Wilderness]

"Call you elementals off and I will! I'm not here for a fight, but I won't let myself be threatened. I've complied with your request to come to the ground but this has to work both ways if we want to avoid a scene." Harnel says, still holding both swords out.

8. - Top - End - #218

[Sub-Arctic Wilderness]

The elementals back away quite a bit but appear ready to jump him if he makes any sudden moves. A brief silence follows before the voice speak again. PLEASE APPROACH THE BLACK PLATFORM TO YOUR RIGHT!!!

The circle of elementals open up a bit, allowing him to move to the right, in the direction of a large black platform which have been put in the middle of the snowy tundra.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sub-Arctic Wilderness]

Harnel will - slowly - sheathe the swords back into his rucksack, and begin to move in the direction of the platform, not really paying much mind to the elementals now that their master has ordered them off.

As he does this, he pulls the Softhand Gloves out of his pack, and begins pulling them on. As he does so, his body will take on a more neutral appearance of a human being. His wings recede into his back, and his tail disappears into his tailbone, the clothing closing up behind the disappearances. Even the wrappings he had over his draconic feet change into a pair of boots for his new human feet. As for his face, it remains much the same, but now his face is lacking the draconic features he had before; no more scales, no horns, no slitted eyes. He is recognizably the same to those who know him, but the blue-eyed, black haired man standing there now is pure human, at least as appearances go.

10. - Top - End - #220

[Sub-Arctic Wilderness]

As the half-dragon steps on the platform a complex web of black metal instantly appears around Harnel which then is covered by a force shield. He will find this to be practically impossible to bypass as his magic resistance won't be able to help him past the web.

Moments later a fog surrounds the cage he's now in and a group of stern looking men and women dressed in white camouflage clothing starts to approach him. Surrounding them are countless of defensive spells which mostly obscures them. It's hard to tell if these soldiers are mages or soldiers however considering they are all armed with swords and other weapons and are wearing the same of white clothing, with only badges on their shoulders differentiating them from each other.

"Who are you and why are you here?" The speaker asks firmly as some of the others moves around the portal and the platform.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sub-Arctic Wilderness]

Harnel won't struggle against the bindings, just sighing, his face taking on a bored expression, "Harnel Mithar. A friend of mine had her ability to bear children stolen by winter fey. I came to get it back. The portal from the Nexus must have been unstable; there wasn't an airship tower the last time I came through. Unless it's a recent construction? I haven't come to this world in months, after all."

12. - Top - End - #222

[Sub-Arctic Wilderness]

"We have had no confirmation that anyone would be using this portal." The officer replies. "Unless you have anything to support your claim you have to wait until we can get such confirmation from our agents." She informs the half-dragon as the rest of the group seems to have disappeared within the mists once again.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sub-Arctic Wilderness]

"I've got my wedding rings - both of them - but beyond that you may have to take me at my word," Harnel says going over to one of the force-field walls and pressing a now human hand against it. He tests the texture of it, and wonders how well it'll stand up to Conflict if worst comes to worst.

14. - Top - End - #224

[Sub-Arctic Wilderness]

"Then why didn't you report the fact you were going to use the portal first? Our agents should know this procedure by now." But apparently Cessie haven't found a need to inform Harnel about this new development in Hestopia.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sub-Arctic Wilderness]

"Perhaps by dint of the fact that My wife and I aren't your agents? I'm Harnel Mithar, and my wife is Cessie Mithar. We've received no information regarding any sort of confirmation before traveling through the portal." Harnel says, crossing his arms. He's glad for the fur coat he brought with him, given how cold it is here.

16. - Top - End - #226

[Sub-Arctic Wilderness]

"I'm afraid I have to correct you there sir, Cessie Mithar is one of our agents and she have not reported that her husband is going to use the portal today. She should know this." The officer replies, having shown not emotion at all during their entire conversation.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sub-Arctic Wilderness]

Harnel chuckles and presses a hand to his forehead, "Of course..."

"I didn't tell her about this trip; she always objects to me doing adventurous things, and this is too important for me to let her talk me out of it, so I planned for the trip in secret. Still, you should know my description then, right? You saw what I looked like when I came through; I'm wearing a pair of gloves that make me look human, because I know Hestopians aren't terribly comfortable with half-dragons."

18. - Top - End - #228

[Sub-Arctic Wilderness]

"I'm not going to involve myself in your marital disputes but our procedure demands that I should at least contact her for confirmation of your identity. The security around the portal have tightened to met the dangers on the other side. I hope you understand." She informs Harnel.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sub-Arctic Wilderness]

Harnel nods, "Yes, I understand that much, but I'd rather not lose the element of surprise. Is there any way you can let me go and still keep tabs on me?"

20. - Top - End - #230

[Sub-Arctic Wilderness]

"I'm sorry, but there isn't really. We have no other agents we believe could confirm your identity or whereabouts. The instant we have confirmed it though you will be free to go as soon as you sign some documents." She explains to the half-dragon.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sub-Arctic Wilderness]

Harnel frowns, "How long do think this would take?"

22. - Top - End - #232

[Sub-Arctic Wilderness]

"We can contact her in less then 10 minutes, you just need to be patient sir." The officer replies.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sub-Arctic Wilderness]

"Right then," Harnel says with a sigh, "Go ahead with the confirmation, though she's not gonna be happy."

24. - Top - End - #234

[Sub-Arctic Wilderness]

The officer smiles faintly which is her first real expression during their entire conversation. "You don't say? But we'll go ahead with the confirmation, just wait a minute."

It takes a couple of moments until Harnel hears the familiar voice of his wife. Harnel?! What in the void do you think you're doing?!

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sub-Arctic Wilderness]

Something kind for a family member, Harnel says, I wanted to surprise everybody, but given the fact that you hadn't told me about the check-in here, I apparently can't.

26. - Top - End - #236

[Sub-Arctic Wilderness]

Are you implying this is my fault somehow? Why would I have told you about that? I never expected you to go to Hestopia on your own to risk your life. Cessie replies as the officer looks at Harnel.

"I'm assuming you're talking with each now?" She asks.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sub-Arctic Wilderness]

"I am," Harnel says, flatly, "Can I come out of the cage now?"

Because maybe I might want to get you something from your homeland sometime? Maybe I might want to bring one of our children here? Maybe I want to see what it's like in this world without expecting my wife to hold my hand through everything? I'm not helpless, Cessie, and I'm here to get something for Zelia.

28. - Top - End - #238

[Sub-Arctic Wilderness]

You're saying you would bring one of our children there without telling me about it Harnel? If you ever had mentioned you had interest in traveling to Hestopia I would have told you. I never imagined you would go there without telling me first though. The sorceress replies.

"In a minute, would you be so kind to put all the items you have on the platform first? It's very important none of these items get out into our world so we must confirm none of them are gone once you return."

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sub-Arctic Wilderness]

When they were older, sure. If nothing else, I want them to have a diverse knowledge base. Maybe learning about Hestopian culture first hand, for instance. You know very well I've been interested in coming to Hestopia, Cessie; I told you about it before.

Harnel complies, taking everything out of his rucksack. There's... far, far more than should fit in the bag, even if it is a fair sized bag. The swords alone are too large for it, "Obviously, if I return with less of the food I have here, then it'll have disappeared for a reason."

30. - Top - End - #240

[Sub-Arctic Wilderness]

Yes, but coming there without telling me about it? I'm not sure how you expect me to tell them you are going thorough the portal without me actually knowing you're going through. He can almost hear her roll her eyes.

"Obviously." The officer repeats as she writes down every item in his inventory.