New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Harnel's Plots

[Manor]

"Well, understand that half-dragons are rare in my world," Harnel says, "I grew up among humans, and occasionally I'd see elves and dwarves. On top of that, because of how hated dragons are in my world, the scales were nearly always seen as an ugly problem; I still have that, even if Cessie is trying to get me to like them. They're useful, don't get me wrong, but they aren't what's attractive to me. Cessie, on the other hand..." He sits back, and his voice takes on a dreaming quality, "She's beautiful, with the deepest blue eyes I've ever seen, framed by her black hair. Smooth, unblemished skin. She's passionate, down to earth, and good natured, even if she's too serious at times. I don't see how I wouldn't love her."

He'll put a hand down for the dogs to come over and sniff if they feel so inclined. He still smells the same as he did in human form, after all.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-09-01 at 05:02 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Manor]

"It's good you're so... passionate about her." Methil replies, sounding a bit awkward hearing that description. It was his little-sister after all and that was not the way he thought about her.
    "It was a long time since I saw her honestly." He says, suddenly changing the subject. "When are you coming over here to visit?"

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

[Manor]

"Soon," Harnel says, "Within the next month or two, I think," Harnel takes another swig of whiskey, and then puts down the glass, having finished it off, followed by a yawn, "for now though, it seems to be getting a bit late, and the whiskey isn't helping. We can talk in the morning?"

4. - Top - End - #334

[Manor]

"Sure, I was planning to head for bed myself actually. Have a good night now." Methil tells the half-dragon with a smile. "Better put on that illusion too I'm afraid in case the owners or one of the servants find you."

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

[Manor]

Harnel grins "I can just imagine their response. 'By Artaris, there's a dragon in the guest room!' and then flailing ensues." He says this even as he pulls the gloves back onto his hands, "Have a good night Methil."

He'll head to the guest room he'd been told he could stay in. He won't be asleep instantly once he finally climbs into bed, but it won't be too long before he's dreaming, either.

6. - Top - End - #336

[Manor]

"Good night Harnel." He replies before taking a final sip of whiskey and heads off to bed himself.

But as Harnel falls asleep and his mind is filled with dreams something slips inside them. Within one of the dreams he can hear a soft female voice purr, "Show me your darkest desires..." This will to Harnel be like a part of the dream and will likely not even be remembered once he wakes up, like most dreams. But it's still a question to his subconscious mind which demands an answer in images.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-09-01 at 06:39 PM.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

[Manor]

The dream that the voice will be shown is in Ascaerin. A castle built on a jutting point of a mountain, the windows overlooking the landscape below, all throughout the jungle on one side and the plains on another. In the hall is a bunch of people the voice will likely recognize through Harnel as nobility, all bowing in fealty towards the throne.

The throne in question is made from pure gold, and encrusted with gems, as is the crown. The set is surrounded by piles and piles of gems and gold among which lay naked women. Harnel, upon the throne, is wearing the regalia of a king, scepter in hand. But as he looks around at the women, they coalesce into Cessie. Just Cessie, though with exaggerated features appropriate to Harnel's dreams.

8. - Top - End - #338

[Dreamscape]

The observer views Harnel's desire with interest but finds even these desires rather plain. There was potential here however, a seed which might turn into a beautiful flower with some help.

"I can grant you all this, and more, things you have never even considered in your darkest fantasies, things you never realized how much you desired. Just come to Arcadia, I will be waiting there..." The voice promises his subconscious, filling his dreams with his own desires, turning them a great deal more intense and life-like then a dream have any right to be.

Once the half-dragon wakes up the next morning his head will probably swim with his own desires unless he can resist this somehow.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dreamscape]

Harnel manages to shove out the desires in his head when he wakes up in the morning; military training is good for dealing with such things, and that's something he never really lost. Given what happened to his previous outfit, he has to pull out another set from his rucksack, which he left beside the bed.. He'll shove the soiled clothing into an extra pocket; it has another, albeit smaller, extra-dimensional pocket, so at least this can be kept separate until he can get these cleaned at home. Not like he's going to force that on the servants here.

The clothing he pulls out is a jacket, shirt, pants, and boots, fit for nobility from Ascaerin. The style is probably unusual in Hestopia, but the level on the social hierarchy is clear. Harnel will head down to see what sort of breakfast is being cooked up when he finishes dressing.

10. - Top - End - #340

[Dreamscape]

Sadly no servants are at home and it looks like Methil is still sleeping so Harnel have to make breakfast for himself... or go back to bed I guess.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

[Manor]

Harnel will get right down to cooking for himself, actually. Ham and eggs if there are any, will be made. If not, Harnel will substitute what he can find.

12. - Top - End - #342

[Manor]

There are ham and eggs in the storage if Harnel manage to find that, once he starts to cook Menthil comes wandering down the stairs fully dressed and yawns. "Good morning... slept well?" He asks as he enters the kitchen.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

[Manor]

"Had some good dreams, yes," Harnel says, giving no hint of what he woke up to, "I'm making some for you as well. It'll just be a bit."

Once the food is prepared, Harnel will search out some plates to put down for both of them, with ham and eggs for breakfast.

14. - Top - End - #344

[Manor]

"Thank you, smells great." Methil comments as he sits down at the table. "So we're hunting down those scholars today right?" The noble asks once Harnel serves the food.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

[Manor]

Harnel nods, eating some ham, "That's right. Gotta get someone to take me to where they live."

16. - Top - End - #346

[Manor]

"Afraid I don't know that much about scholars. Dell was supposed to be the scholar of the family but Cessie replaced him once it was pretty clear he had no interest for it." He explains before taking another bit of bacon in his mouth. "I know the city pretty well though."

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

[Manor]

Well, Cessie got up around this time, didn't she? Are you awake, dear? Cessie will hear through their mental link, Do you know where those scholars you mentioned lived the last time you were in Hestopia?

"I'm asking Cessie right now," Harnel says to Methil, "Even if she can only give us an area, we can ask the people living in that area."

18. - Top - End - #348

[Manor]

Yes... give me a moment... He can hear the sorceress replies sleepily. I told you that already didn't I? Harnel might recall some vague directions, but nothing concrete.

"Really? Say hi from me." Methil says with a confused expression. "In fact, could I talk to later?"

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

[Manor]

You told me the areas they live in, rather than specific addresses, Harnel says, Also, Methil says hi.

Harnel taps the adamantine Earring he's wearing, "We're talking through a pair of these. Unless you have a pierced ear, it may be a bit painful for you to do."

20. - Top - End - #350

[Manor]

"Too bad." He says with a disappointed expression. It was so long time since he talked to her.

Right, well I'm not that good on exact instructions. My sense of directions isn't very well refined. I can give you a vague description of their homes however. Cessie replies. Oh Methil, it was so long time... I never even got to met him at the wedding. She says thoughtfully. Could you ask how long he will be staying? I could take the twins with me and get there so you could just stay there waiting for me.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

[Manor]

I'm asking how long he'll be here now, Harnel says.

"Cessie is asking how long you'll be in the city," he says out loud, "If you'll be here a while, she's willing to make some quick preparations and come out here to meet us, bringing the twins, even."

22. - Top - End - #352

[Manor]

"I'm planning to stay at least for another week but if she's really coming here it could well be extended, this is wonderful!" He exclaims.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

[Manor]

He was only planning to stay for another week, but he'd be willing to extend it if you came to see him, Harnel says to Cessie, He sounds pretty excited by the idea.

24. - Top - End - #354

[Manor]

Excellent, then perhaps you can delay your adventure a bit? You don't know how long it will take for you to exit their realm after all. Cessie asks.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-09-02 at 04:21 AM.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

[Manor]

I can wait. Besides, I'll need to make preparations that I couldn't have foreseen anyways, I suppose. Going onto another plane or world is rarely a simple ordeal.

"Well, I'm going to wait for her to arrive," Harnel says to Methil, "So, we can see about speaking to those scholars if we can. I guess I'll just have more time to prepare for the journey. Maybe learn more about Hestopia while I'm here."

26. - Top - End - #356

[Manor]

Perfect, I will talk to Kirin immediately and we'll make arrangements for the trip. I should be there in a week or so. Cessie explains. Just don't do anything stupid until I get there, alright? She says teasingly. I already miss you.

"Can't wait." Methil replies with a grin, obviously excited. "Have to talk to the rest of the family, but first we'll see about finding your scholars I suppose."

The description and walking can be hand waved really.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

[Manor]

I love you, and can't wait to see you, Cessie. No promises on the stupid bit. You know me. He's obviously joking there

Yes, it can be handwaved. Methil will likely be able to figure out where the houses are, from their descriptions, of course. Harnel will go to the voidstone residence first

28. - Top - End - #358

[Manor]

Just stay in once piece until I can rescue you then. Cessie replies lovingly.

Finding Voidstone Manor isn't exactly hard however as it's a old-looking building on a hilltop a bit outside the city walls. It have two wings intersecting the main building on either side and large windows, many which are draped with thick curtains.

As they come closer they will notice that the building definitely need a new paint job as the black paint started to fade and crack quite long ago. The garden surrounding it isn't it much better condition either with plants either dead or overgrown.

"Nice place, I'm pretty sure having it in this condition isn't legal. People care about the city's image after all." Methil comments as they stand outside the door.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

[Manor]

"Well, it doesn't look to be completely abandoned. Take a look at the drapes; they'd be moth-eaten by now if nobody was home." Harnel walks towards the door, assuming Methil will follow. Once there, he'll simply knock.

30. - Top - End - #360

[Manor]

"Yeah, no way they'd let a manor like this stay abandoned." He replies before Harnel knocks.

The door opens eventually by a short nearly bald man in his sixties opens the door. He's dressed like most noble-born of Hestopia in a robe marking the fact he don't need to do physical work for a living.

"Oh, hello there. Not often I have two young men visiting me. Is there anything I can do for you?" He asks in a friendly tone.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-09-02 at 06:19 AM.