New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Harnel's Plots

[Arcadia]

"Harnel Mithar, the Iron Dragon, Heir to the house of Therishein, among other titles," Harnel says, before handing the invitation to the guard and hooking a thumb at the dryad, "This is my invitation, and this is my plus one."

Harnel doesn't look back. he doesn't feel he needs to, after all.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Arcadia]

"I'm your what?" The dryad exclaims as the suit of armor accepts the invitation and looks at it.

"You may enter." It states monotonously before raising it's halberd with the other suit who does the same. while the portcullis is raised for him.

Just inside Harnel may see a great dance hall that could easily be mistaken for a chessboard due to it's large black and white floor tiles stretching endlessly in each direction, lit up by an unseen light source.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arcadia]

The first thing Harnel does is look for exit points; if this turns bad, he wants to be able to get out quickly. not that that means much in a place like this.

Second, he'll look around for any people, specifically seeking out any hiding spots that are mundane enough for him to see. No reason to be surprised in a place like this.

4. - Top - End - #514

[Arcadia]

There aren't any visible exit points, nor does it seem to be anyone hiding (not that there is anything to hide behind). It's a great dance hall which is lit up by oil lamps set up along the walls and a great chandelier hanging from the ceiling in the middle of the hall.

It's strangely empty however, despite all the lights being lit. The strangest thing though is perhaps the countless mirrors which crowds the walls, not because of the mirrors themselves because of what is seen within them.

Harnel can see what appears to be two humans, one male and one female, the man dressed in a deep autumn colored outfit which Harnel might recognize. The woman is dressed in a strapless deep green dress with golden leaves decorating it. "Hmph, now people will believe I'd actually go to a party with you."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-10-02 at 04:24 PM.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arcadia]

Harnel smiles at the dryad, "Ignoring the fact that you did come to a party with me."

Harnel will move up to the man and woman and say, "I think you're wearing my clothing."

6. - Top - End - #516

[Arcadia]

As Harnel moves up to the mirror, so does the man while the woman stays behind, looking rather grumpy. The half-dragon might realize that the mirror-man is mimicking his exact movements and does indeed seem to some sort of false reflection of him.

It doesn't reply however, no matter how much he shouts.

"Uh, what are you doing now?" The dryad asks with a raised eyebrow, her arms resting crossed over her chest. A gesture mimicked by the human woman in the mirror.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arcadia]

Harnel stops for a moment when he realizes that it's a mirror, and then his mind goes back to what the dryad had said about all this being a dream.

So, following the logic of dreams, obviously, he's now wearing that same autumn colored getup. He looks down at himself at this point to determine if that's the truth.

It's either that, or he's now naked.

8. - Top - End - #518

[Arcadia]

Harnel is actually wearing the same outfit as before, there is no change in his appearance. "You're as weird as you look." The dryad remarks as he look down at himself while moving her finger in a small circle pointed to her head.

"It's not real you know? Just a dream mirror. That's what they think you look like." She states as if it had been the most obvious thing in the world.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arcadia]

"Odd. I look human to them?" Harnel asks. He still looks like a half-dragon to himself, so why would he look like a human to the winter fey?

10. - Top - End - #520

[Arcadia]

The dryad shrugs, "I guess they do. I don't claim I understand them or anything."

As she replies music starts to play through the hall like a band was sharing the room with them. It's a purely instrumental melody that sounds like something the half-dragon could have overheard at a ball.
    This melody have a powerful suggestion implanted in it however, it begs it's listeners to ball-dance to it. Preferably with an partner.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arcadia]

Harnel, his body moving to the compulsion will move over o and sweep the dryad into a ballroom dance. He's actually rather good at this, and can keep beat with the music fairly well if it isn't something to quick or too slow... or something too random.

"What is this? What's going on? Is the Ball starting?"

12. - Top - End - #522

[Arcadia]

The music is fairly standard but keeps a good rhythm that is all too easy to fall into. The compulsion isn't purely of an supernatural fashion but lies in the music itself as well. It's a very good song to dance to.

"Whu-what?" The dryad replies, sounding rather repulsed by Harnel's sudden compulsion. Still she dances along with them, not able to resist the songs siren call either.

As they have danced for a few seconds more dancing pairs start to appear around them, all dancing to the same music as them and wearing similar type of clothes as the pair in the mirrors. These pairs have an almost plastic skin-tone however and looks almost too perfect, like dancing dolls.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arcadia]

"Just go with it for now," Harnel says quietly, "I don't like being forced to dance, but this isn't out place."

Harnel casts his eyes about the ball room again, letting the music and compulsion guide his body; he's not even paying attention to the steps at this point, as he casts about looking for the source of the music.

14. - Top - End - #524

[Arcadia]

There isn't an apparent source of the music but it turns out the half-dragon don't need to worry about it too long as it suddenly goes silent with the arrival of a majestic lady-figure. And there is no question she is somehow special. It basically radiates from her, literary. The whole room seem to become brighter the instance this lady enters it.

She stops for a moment and all gazes are drawn to her as she scans her room with her glowing purple eyes as a mysterious smile plays on her lips.

Her perfect porcelain skin is draped in a very fine silvery material which in a web-like pattern is tightened like a second skin against her flattened stomach and gentle curves. As she moves sensually across the dance floor the material seem to stretch with her every move only to tightened again like it was breathing on it's own, matching her every heartbeat.

At the hips the dress widens out into a long skirt which seem fly over the floor with her movement, never showing her actual feet moving.

She stands there for a moment, seemingly taking in the scene around her with one of her delicate fingers moving up to touch her dark-red lips in a suggestive manner.
    Unless Harnel decides to do anything while she stands there the lady suddenly lets out a loud "Ah!" As she see notice him. "My hero! You finally came!" The woman says in a tone dripping with sensuality. Not sparing another moment she quickly moves towards him and will attempt to put her comparatively tiny hand on his. "I have been waiting for so long. You're the only one who can save us!"

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arcadia]

Harnel blinks. Was this the queen? Was this the queen's dress? He manages to keep himself from staring, and says, "I, uh, I imagine you know why I'm here then?"

The queen will be able to put her hand over Harnel's, to his bewilderment. He's not entirely sure how he should be reacting

16. - Top - End - #526

[Arcadia]

"Yes, of course. To break the curse and slay the vile beast which have brought pain and misery upon my beautiful kingdom. It ate my beloved husband!" She exclaims and then attempts to seek comfort in the half-dragons embrace while she mourns, trying to hug him as tightly as possible.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arcadia]

Harnel is, once again, caught by surprise. He's supposed to be raiding this place for a lost object, isn't he? But this sob story is catching him off guard, and the queen will manage to hug him.

He knows there's something off bout her, the back of his mind tells him as much, but he can't feel it though the lack of tactile sense his scales have. All he manages to say is, "What beast are you talking about?"

18. - Top - End - #528

[Arcadia]

The queen holds on to him, sniffing loudly as warm tears starts to run down her cheeks and down to Harnel's chest. *Sniff* The horrible Ashar and his minions. You're the only one who can stop him my hero. I saw you in my dream *sniff*" She states while resting her head against his chest, seemingly relaxing against him.

The dryad just rolls her eyes and let's Harnel speak. This was all pretty stupid.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arcadia]

As he continues to be hugged, Harnel realizes exactly what's going on, and he looks incredulously down at the queen.

"Um, I'm actually here for something else. A long time ago, your court took something from the nymph Zelia. I'm here to get it back."

20. - Top - End - #530

[Arcadia]

The queen stops herself to look up at Harnel, suddenly looking very tired with dark lines under her previously so clear eyes. "Taken? No, we haven't *sniff* taken anything. We just need your help, please! If you help us I promise I will make any wish you have come true."

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arcadia]

Harnel can't help but steal a glance towards the queen's chest when she stops hugging him. He'd been certain he felt them growing. "In that case, If I do this, I wish for the nymph Zelia to gain the ability to bear children."

22. - Top - End - #532

[Arcadia]

The dryad looks at Harnel, then at the queen and then at Harnel with a smirk and a knowing glint in her eyes.

The queen however smiles gently at the half-dragon before bowing down before him with her chest hanging downwards, once again adapting more to Harnel's not-so-subtle fantasies. "Thank you hero! If you manage this deed, I will give you that and anything else you wish for, anything." She promises him before turning to look up at him with an half-smile.

This change only seem to fuel the dryads mirth as she starts to giggle out loud, not even attempting to restrain herself. This was just hilarious, was fugly here for real? Was the fey?
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-10-09 at 06:34 AM.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arcadia]

Harnel frowns, ignoring the dryad. It was obvious the queen was toying with him at this point. "Sure. Just tell me where to find it so I can kill it," The faster I deal with it, the faster I can get out of here, he thinks

24. - Top - End - #534

[Arcadia]

"Last it was seen Ashar was at the marsh of sorrows to the east, past the pillars of ash. I can send you a guide if you so wish brave hero but first, may I have the name of our savior?" The queen asks with a big smile. "I am Queen." What a fitting name.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arcadia]

"Harnel," the half-dragon says. He looks at the Queen questioningly, "Is there anything I should know about it in particular?" He gives a glance to the dryad. it's up to her to figure out what it means.

26. - Top - End - #536

[Arcadia]

The dryad sticks out her tongue in Harnel's direction, apparently she isn't going to give her name this time either.

"Ashar is a hideous spider creature who moves with the speed of darkness in the skies of our noble kingdom. It strikes when you least expect it and leaves only corpses and destruction in it's wake. Many of our noblest knights have faced him, but none have returned. Even my own husband failed to... to... *sniff*" The queen shakes her head, "I just don't know what to do without him!"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-10-09 at 05:26 PM.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arcadia]

Harnel's Eyebrows raise, "I can deal with spiders, but I'll need a weapon."

Given how the queen has spent some time in Harnel's head, she'll likely know he favors greatswords, but is capable with just about any melee weapon.

28. - Top - End - #538

[Arcadia]

"Yes, but there is only one weapon that is worthy of the task." The queen states. "The legendary sword Dickimmius is rumored to be the only one who can wound the great evil and no one have seen it for years! She exclaims dramatically.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-10-09 at 08:03 PM.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arcadia]

Harnel looks flatly at the queen, and his tail twitches, "And there's nothing else that can do it, I assume?"

Because seriously, the offer of any wish is a pretty good, so he's still considering doing this.

30. - Top - End - #540

[Arcadia]

What, like all the Libra wishes?

"No, but there is an ancient sage that might know the location of the sword, he is said to dwell at bonecrusher peak just south of here. Perhaps if you seek him you could slay the monster?" The queen suggests hopefully.

"Man, who names all these places anyway? And why didn't you do this at the start instead of sending a bunch of knights at him?" The dryad asks but is completely ignored by the queen.