New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Harnel's Plots

[Arcadia - Greed's Mountain]

The dryad makes what she think is the smart thing and quickly attempts to retreat from the scene, trying to hide behind some boulders on the otherwise naked beach. In her mind talking was not the first thing you attempted to do with a beast like that.

The sword however continues to however not far away from Harnel, but it seems eternal, like he couldn't touch it even if he tried.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arcadia - Greed's Mountain

"Who do you think I am? I'm you, as you should be. A part of you, and important part of you. A part of you that you often ignore or deny. The part of you that's made you what you are today. I am your greed, and today I take what is mine."
    He straightens up, fanning his wings out, stretching his neck up, and puffing his chest out. "Today, I have been given the chance to get rid of all the worst parts of of you... of me... and I intend to take advantage of it."

3. - Top - End - #873
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnel, for a moment, stares blankly up at Greed, "You're not really in the best of positions here, are you? Maybe I've never been able to kill you. You've influenced a lot of my life, but you're just a petty representation of things I want, not some all powerful part of my personality. Besides, when the rest of me says no, you still sit down and listen."

Harnel doesn't bother looking towards the sword. Despite he's calm exterior and confident words, he's not actually sure this is a confrontation he can win. But if he lets himself show fear, his will will fail him. Reaching for a sword he might not even be able to grab would be doing just such a thing.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

4. - Top - End - #874
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Yes... that always was annoying."

"Was."

Greed will suddenly lunge forward and try to bite Harnel... trying to kill him outright, yes, but if Greed can even just get a wing or a limb...

5. - Top - End - #875
    Ogre in the Playground

A quick flap of his wings takes Harnel out of the path of Greed's bite, shooting him backwards.

Given the corpses of knights, Harnel will will then lunge for a bladed weapon; he's better with swords than hammers after all. This will take long enough that Greed will be able to manage a second strike, of course.

6. - Top - End - #876

The sword Harnel manages to grab is in a surprisingly (even impossibly) good quality for apparently having been laying on the beach for so long and seems to have exactly the size and weight the half-dragon is most used to.

Meanwhile the dryad looks up from her cliff to see what's going on, hm, she didn't want fugly to die, but what could she do...?

7. - Top - End - #877
    Dwarf in the Playground

Greed will try to grab Harnel in one of his hands, preferably pinning his arms to his sides.

8. - Top - End - #878

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Arena- Thel v. Rogar

"Now that's just ridiculous." Thel deflects the staff with his foil and counter's, closing distance and sending a flick of his foil to Rogar's cheek. So it's changed from a fight with a staff to some sort of whip-flail. This would be a hassle.
    Rogar is unable to dodge the flick to the cheek, because he chose as a follow-up to the attempted binding a strong kick at Thel's knee. Because Thel advanced on Rogar, this kick might work, but then again, Thel has been shown to be very fast on his feet.

9. - Top - End - #879
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    Well, that's exactly why it's weird. I don't have imaginary friends. Blank turns Passion over, trying to get a feel for the knife.
    Blank, rather suddenly, ends up no longer connected to the knife, and she may find that she drops it, as it tries to subtly twist out of her grasp.

10. - Top - End - #880
    Ogre in the Playground

As Greed's foreleg moves towards Harnel, he'll find a greatsword going straight for his palm. True, Greed is large enough that it's not a great issue, but that's still like having a butter knife go through your hand. No matter what happens or who you are, that is proportional ow.

If Greed somehow manages to press through that and close his hand despite the pain, he'll have Harnel pinned.

11. - Top - End - #881
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    Rogar is unable to dodge the flick to the cheek, because he chose as a follow-up to the attempted binding a strong kick at Thel's knee. Because Thel advanced on Rogar, this kick might work, but then again, Thel has been shown to be very fast on his feet.
    Arena

The kick doesn't exactly work as Thel has hare legs. Whether attacking the actual outward bending joint or the inward bending joint where his knee would be, Thel is able to counter or dodge the kick respectively. Assuming this means the attack went through, Thel backs off and throws up two fingers, showing off his points. Or maybe it's a peace sign, or maybe a V for victory, which would be pretty premature.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

12. - Top - End - #882
    Dwarf in the Playground

Greed successfully grabs Harnel, giving a roar of rage and pain... and then tries to rip off Harnel's wings.

Yes. He is trying to simply rip Harnel's wings off of his back.

13. - Top - End - #883

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Arena Cimorene Vs. Eon

While she has hours, she probably isn't going to use them. But she is in no rush. She will dart forward after a circling around him a couple of times. She has no real intention of attacking, instead she is ready to jump back to avoid the hammer, assuming he takes a swing or jab or some sort of attack at her. She is quick on her feet and could cover the 10 feet or so that lays between him and her in very little time, but she wants to see how quick he is with his attacks.
    Arena Cimorene Vs. Eon

Actually running around him for hours may exhaust her earlier than him.

As she takes her turn Eon makes a step behind his weapon holding it with both hands he strikes upwards. It shouldn't be a problem for her to avoid the weapon, due to her quick feets, but has she tought about the sand? With his swing Eon is throwing the pill of sand against her, which was indeed his main goal.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

14. - Top - End - #884
    Ogre in the Playground

A blood curdling scream reaches into the air, a moment after the wet sound of ripping flesh.

Harnel's lost limbs before, but it's never easy. It's never fun, and it never hurts any less. Especially with the shredded wing membranes still hanging off of his back, which are throbbing in pain even as they bleed onto Greed's hand.

Harnel silences himself after only a moment, and will pry his arms out of Greed's grip. He reaches for the greatsword embedded in Greed's hand, but should be able to with draw it to about the halfway point.

That's definitely not enough.

His second hand goes to the blade, and he hopes Greed doesn't quite realize what Harnel's about to do.

15. - Top - End - #885

Harnel's scream is indeed bloodcurdling, at least to the dryad nearby. Looking up from her cover, she could see what just had happened. Oh geez. >.<

"Hey! What did you do that for?!" She shouts, most likely uselessly to greed while she quickly starts to run towards him. It wasn't the smartest of plans, but the alternative was to just hide her until the dragon was finished with Harnel, and then she'd get eaten too.

16. - Top - End - #886
    Dwarf in the Playground

"It's simple. He'll either let me have more control..."
    With a flap or two of his wings, Greed takes off of the beach. "Or he'll fall to his death, and I'll be all that's left."

However, a dragon as big as Greed doesn't just take off. Harnel has several seconds before he gains any notable altitude... if he can act fast, the fall probably won't break anything.

17. - Top - End - #887
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnel's muscles flex as he presses the hand on the blade of the greatsword downwards, and for a brief moment, there's a sound like cinders spreading across a stone floor, followed by a snap. The greatsword Harnel had will shatter at the point where his hand was on the blade, a little over halfway up the blade. Tiny shards of steel will shoot into his hand, which he ignores.

Greed will then find Harnel committing to a downward strike along the wrist that, if it works, will completely destroy Greed's muscle control in that hand as it strikes the tendons straight through the plate-like scales.

If Greed lets go of Harnel, which he won't be able to do anything but should the strike be effective, then Harnel isn't done. Not even close.

See, a dragon shouldn't grapple. One of the largest advantages they have is their sheer size, which affords them reach. Claws that can rip an enemy in half are more effective if your enemy can't get close enough to counter them. Dragons also don't have the best flexibility in their limbs; they're meant for walking on, though the 'hands' can provide rudimentary grabs. They couldn't, say, reach over with their right forelegs to rub their left shoulder though. Their body structure simply doesn't allow it.

So, when/if the hand opens, Harnel will waste no time. He'll kick off the hand, make a leap, and dig his broken sword into Greed's shoulder with enough force to pierce the scales. This should provide a point for Harnel to hand onto, and a point that Greed can only reach with one of two things.

The first choice is to land once more, and the scratch at the shoulder with hind legs, like a dog. This is unwise, however, as the large claws on a dragon's hind legs could seriously damage the wing membrane. Instinct tells them this isn't a good option. The only other choice is to reach back with your head and scratch at it with your horns.

This is what Harnel's counting on.

18. - Top - End - #888

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Blank, rather suddenly, ends up no longer connected to the knife, and she may find that she drops it, as it tries to subtly twist out of her grasp.
    Wah! Blank looks rather surprised.

Uh, why did she do that?
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

19. - Top - End - #889

The dryad is awfully fast and agile, depleting the distance between her and greed in just a second and then attempts to leap up on the dragons back. She really didn't have a clue what she was doing right now, her fighting experience could be summed up in a lot of running away from things, not running towards them. This was so crazy!

20. - Top - End - #890
    Dwarf in the Playground

Harnel's blade cuts the tendon expertly, and Greed roars! Harnel then gets to the shoulder, his blade cutting into the flesh... but not as deeply as he might like. Greed does not attempt to scratch Harnel with his horns, though, instead flapping harder to climb higher into the sky... now approaching a height that would cause injury.

The Dryad does get onto Greed... but on the far side from Harnel.

21. - Top - End - #891
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnel takes the blade out and climbs a little higher, even going so far as to use the wound the greatsword left as a foothold. He'll jam the broken greatsword into Greed's wing membrane, to make a small cut. He tosses the greatsword aside into the air, its work finished, and grab the place where he cut with his fingers.

Harnel will then proceed to pull.

If this works properly, it rip the membrane hard, especially since it's pulled taut by flight right now. If a membrane, especially this close to the torso, is ripped, there's no way you can fly. Even if you could deal with the pain, there's no way to fly like that, since the air simply won't catch.

22. - Top - End - #892

Managing to climb on the greed she starts to realize just what she's getting herself into as they steadily raise into the air with greed's wing beats. She had still a trick up her sleeve though so for now she attempts to climb further up the dragons back as Harnel is fighting with it.

23. - Top - End - #893
    Dwarf in the Playground

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHH HHHHHHHH

Greed roars (screams?) as he begins to fall to the ground. The wing that is not currently being ripped open painfully flaps harder, in an attempt to control the fall.

That dyad will need to hang on, because that's her wing that's flapping hard... and he's still going to hit the ground hard.

When he does hit, it will spray sand, corpses, and some rocks across the landscape.

24. - Top - End - #894
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnel, once again, wastes no time He'll have gone through the convenient tear in Greed's wing to get to a point where he wouldn't be crushed in Greed's fall. That would be his back.

Greed may feel Harnel's feet pounding their way up his neck before he has a chance to react, and then a human-sized claw come slashing down for his eye. He'll have a chance to respond before the second eye is attacked by the half-dragon sitting on top of his head, But Greed's impact will likely have left him a bit shaken.

25. - Top - End - #895

Welp, looks like Harnel had this under control! The dryad quickly takes retreat by simply letting go of greed and gracefully land in the sand like if she weighed nothing at all. Or that would have happened if greed hadn't landed right next to her, sending her flying along with the sand and corpses.

26. - Top - End - #896
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sand... pain... that's going to bruise, probably. Greed barely has time to open his eye before he loses it. He reacts to this by thrashing around, trying to throw off Harnel.

If he can't, Harnel will be able to claw out that other eye before Greed can do much else.

27. - Top - End - #897
    Ogre in the Playground

No, Harnel is, in fact tossed off, and hits the sand with a lurch. He's back on his feet in moments though, his hand somehow managing to find a longsword as his tail finds a second, which, strangely, seems made to be held by a tail, its swirling grip built for a tail to wrap into it and get a freater surface area to hold onto it ((minor godmode of world approved by SC))

"Give up you oversized lizard! You've lost his one!"

28. - Top - End - #898
    Dwarf in the Playground

Greed looks at Harnel with his remaining good eye, and grimaces at him, showing his large, draconic teeth.

"Yes. I have."

Yep.
    Greed gets up, and turns to limp back to his horde. He'll keep what he has... that's the most he can get away from his situation with.

29. - Top - End - #899
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnel flops down onto the sand, and he looks at his left hand, the one he's shattered the greatsword with. There's a few metal splinters that stuck right through his scales and into his hand, and they're really starting to hurt. As for his wings... he's really, really trying ignore that right now. The pain isn't making it easy, but the pain in his hand is helping him focus on something else. He'll start reaching into the wounds with his right hand and start plucking the metal shards out of it so that he'll actually be able to move his hand properly when it heals.

He definitely should have worn gauntlets today.

30. - Top - End - #900
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    Wah! Blank looks rather surprised.

Uh, why did she do that?

"How should I know? It's not like I could hear what you two were talking about."