New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 112627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1370
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Harnel's Plots

[Arcadia]

Harnel is surprised for only a moment, Before rushing towards Sabrina.

There's one word eating at him from that. "Again." That alone suggests this is a test as to how much she can change... she's changing Harnel's perceptions of things, likely making him forget. It seems reasonable enough.

Unless Ashar gets very close very quickly, Harnel should have enough time to focus on something, and that thing will be the retrieval of whatever memories the Queen has taken from him. This even takes precedence over Sabrina for the moment, as he examines what he's forgotten; it may be relevant to the situation Sabrina is in as well.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Arcadia]

Harnel will get glimpses of himself questing in Arcadia, fading as fast as they appear. He can see himself in the company of Sabrina exploring an ancient tomb deep underground while being attacked by giant bats, fighting his way across a battlefield, saving a bunch of scantily clad half-dragon women from a gigantic snake with golden scales, how a beautiful woman with the tail of a lion is attempting to seduce him and many, many more scenes. But while each adventure is different they all end of him and Ashar fighting with Sabrina just tied up in the background somewhere. The results are varying, sometimes Ashar just tears Harnel apart and other times the half-dragon triumphantly slaying the giant beast.

But no matter the outcome it always starts over again...

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arcadia]

And yet... there it is. A skepticism inside Harnel's mind. It's quite interesting trying to assume what all happened and did not.

Regardless, this doesn't change a single, simple fact. The creature that was charging the area wasn't real. The dream he'd bee in last night was at least as credible as these images. Though, admittedly, the scantily clad half-dragon women were nice.

Harnel yells up to Sabrina, "Are you alright up there?"
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-11-06 at 10:10 AM.

4. - Top - End - #1054

[Arcadia]

"I'm okay." Is all she manages to say before another hellish roar can be heard in the distance. Coming around a corner is what appears to be gigantic flying cloud of ash which quickly is approaching Harnel and Sabrina. The half-dragon can probably recognize this as Ashar from the many mental images he saw earlier.

"...don't think about me. Just go and kill that thing." Admittedly it had been a lot easier for her to get out of that cage if not for Harnel's new powers.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-11-06 at 10:20 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1055

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post

"I don't know what you did, but you definitely made her angry, liasa-veleen... What exactly did you say to her?"
    I...
    I said I don't have imaginary friends.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arcadia]

Harnel shakes his head, "No, I'll get you down first. It's not as important as your safety."

Harnel focus on creating a starcase, which will spiral up to the cage. Assuming he manages this, he'll also make a few of the bars of the cage vanish so Sabrina can get out. What's she wearing, anyways? Same shorts and shirt as before?
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-11-06 at 10:39 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1057

[Arcadia]

Harnel will manage this easily enough, a staircase appearing out of thin air before him, leading all the way up to the cage. As for the dryad as Harnel comes closer he can see she's now dressed in clothes which seem to be specifically designed to reveal as much of her body as possible without showing any 'naughty' parts. Which is actually more decent than the way she usually dress. With Harnel's additions she look rather ridiculous.

"I can take myself out of this stupid cage." She says with a sigh as he approach her on the staircase. "That thing is coming closer you know!" The dryad then exclaims as she quickly step out of the cage.

True to her words Ashar is readily approaching them, covering the black skies overhead in ashes in it's wake.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-11-06 at 11:04 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arcadia]

Harnel shrugs, and smiles, "I disbelieve it."

That's a simple but powerful statement right there. It isn't real. Chances are, none of those adventures he and Sabrina had were realif it's not real, it stands to reason it can't hurt him. Harnel doesn't have to play by this world's rules.

9. - Top - End - #1059

[Arcadia]

"It sure looks real." Sabrina replies with panic in her voice as the ash cloud approaches, ready to devour them both. Harnel can this close see two red orbs as the beasts eyes within with the skeletal remains of other adventurers somehow stuck in the creatures body.

"SAAAAAHHHRGHH!!!" It roars, the world turning pitch black around it, now seemingly threatening to devour everything.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arcadia]

"It's not. And it doesn't need to be. This was all fun while it's lasted, but my wife's expecting me to meet her at her brother's house, so could we get on with it?" Harnel smiles, his voice full of nonchalance despite the encroaching monster.

11. - Top - End - #1061

[Arcadia]

The monster reaches them, Sabrina suddenly hugging Harnel tightly as it devours them both, turning the world into nothing but blackness. The two finding themselves in nothing but a lifeless black void.

"Well, that was getting rather boring anyway." The fey queens voice can be heard. "Amazing you finally figured it out really. I have no idea what to do with you now though, maybe I should take all your kami and make some fetches." She muses.

"Oh ***** you *********!" Sabrina swears in response, not daring to let go of Harnel quite yet though.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arcadia]

"Well, you could simply let us go. From what I saw, you have enough kami to make plenty of fetches. That, and don't you want to be amused by whatever I choose to wish for?" Harnel says. He'll move a hand around Sabrina, since she seems to be afraid.

13. - Top - End - #1063

[Arcadia]

"Oh? Well, what would you wish for exactly then? Let me hear it out." The queen replies curiously as Sabrina distances herself a bit from Harnel, not wanting too close to him because of scales, ew.

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arcadia]

"First, Sabrina gets to decide a wish. We'll alternate; she picks, then I do, then back to her," Well, that accomplished getting Sabrina off of Harnel, certainly

15. - Top - End - #1065

[Arcadia]

"Interesting, we'll go ahead then. Let's see if you can manage to entertain me." The queen replies.

Getting away from Harnel Sabrina is quick to speak up, "If I'll make a wish I want to be turned back to normal. Now." She demands to the emptiness around them.

"Not exactly interesting." The queen echoes and leaves the wish unresolved for now. "What do you have hero?"

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arcadia]

"I'd like to be back to normal. The aether powers are fun and all, but I want my head on straight. Next round of wishes will be more interesting, I promise,"

Harnel nudges Sabrina, "Your turn."

17. - Top - End - #1067

[Arcadia]

"Normal? There is no such thing. But no matter, I will grant all the wishes at the same time if you manage to amuse me. Now what about you little earthbound?" She asks the dryad.

After a moment of silence Sabrina replies. "I want a hat that can take any form." She states clearly.

"Okay... fair enough. The Hero then?" The queen asks, her invisible presence turning it's attention to the half-dragon once again.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arcadia]

Harnel scratches his chin, "I want my children to respect their mother's culture and choice of dress, but not be constrained by it," Given their mother is Hestopian? Shouldn't be too hard to manage.

19. - Top - End - #1069

[Arcadia]

That causes Sabrina to raise her eyebrow, "You want her to mind control your children? Because that's what her kind do." She says with a frown.

"He made his wish earthbound, not that it was particularly interesting anyway. Perhaps I would gain more entertainment from simply cutting you up after all?"

"I wish you would shut up." The dryad replies.

The queen laughs, "Now that's something I can't grant you earthbound. Try again."

"We aren't even wishing, we're just naming things until you find something that entertains you."

"Yeah? So? I think it's extremely generous of me to even do that instead of cutting you up like so many others of my kind would have."

"Then I wish you would undo Harnel's latest wish." Sabrina says with a glance at Harnel.

The queen laughs again, "Now that is interesting, don't you think Hero?" She asks the half-dragon.

20. - Top - End - #1070

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Arena Cimorene Vs. Eon

She wasn't exactly running, and could jog longer then most people could stand around in full plate armor. She hadn't been thinking of the sand but was anticipating some sort of quick or tricky move, maybe a dagger thrown or the fact that the he can wield the weapon with ease. Dodging the flying sand isn't too hard.

She dodges farther back seeing if he may press the attack.
    Arena Cimorene Vs. Eon

Eon rest his weapon onj the ground. He had thought that this might work, but without such an advantage he can't compare with the woman. He needs to rethink his actions and heads a few steps backwards to the near wall.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    I...
    I said I don't have imaginary friends.
    Naera frowns, her eyes hardening somewhat.

"I see. And how would you like being told you were imaginary, hm? Especially if, most of the time, people didn't even realize you were alive."

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arcadia]

Harnel nods, "If you're just going to screw with their heads, then she's made a good wish,"

"Now, I wish you'd tell me, do you have any intention of actually granting these? So far, you've just been hiding in the shadows, waiting for us to make a move to amuse you, And as it turns out, I don't really appreciate that."

23. - Top - End - #1073

[Arcadia]

"Hiding in shadows? Ha! If anything, I'm far closer to my actual appearance now then that fetish-thing you saw earlier. I looked that way since I thought your reaction was amusing, just like I think your reactions are amusing right now. As for your wishes, as I told your earthbound companion here, I will grant them once I find it amusing to do so. I keep my promises, you killed Ashar countless of times after all, one hundred and sixty two times to be exact so you might make one hundred and sixty two wishes if you so wish. I doubt your imagination reaches that far however but it's always amusing to see you try. Now, are you actually going to make a wish? Or do I have to find another way to make you entertaining?" The queen asks.

Sabrina is looking at her suspiciously however, especially as she mentions her 'true apperance'.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-11-07 at 10:09 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    "True, these are unorthodox methods. But as you say, they work."

Rogar steps back and starts spinning his staff, using the haste affects to allow the staff to act as a fan. Once the smoke is blown away, Rogar steps back.

"Now, are you ready for the last point of our bout to be decided?"
    Arena

"Yes, yes," Thel answers, picking scone out of his other ear. He doesn't put his jacket back on however, and instead holds it ready like a shield. "No sense wasting anymore time, wot?"

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arena Cimorene Vs. Eon

Cimorene frowns when he doesn't move forward, instead falling back himself. Oh well you won't beat him unless you attack him she figures and goes forward trying to get him to swing again, ready to dodge backwards yet again. This time if all goes according to plan she will charge forward this time, hopefully getting past the reach of the weapon before Eon can ready it to attack again.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

26. - Top - End - #1076

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Arena

"Yes, yes," Thel answers, picking scone out of his other ear. He doesn't put his jacket back on however, and instead holds it ready like a shield. "No sense wasting anymore time, wot?"
    "Indeed."

Rogar rushes forward, swinging his staff in an attack pattern, trying to use his improved speed to make the staff be too fast for Thel to block the strikes.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Barbarian in the Playground

Arena

Thel can deal with speed, a hare soldier has few other choices to practice with than other hares, all of them at least as fast as Thelonious when he was younger. This haste is impressive, even for a hare, and in prolonged conflict he'd eventually fail to parry. So why parry at all? Thel tries to match the timing and swings his jacket against the bo staff as a distraction for a poke at Rogar's midsection.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

28. - Top - End - #1078

Arena

Rogar swings the staff at the foil, hitting it and the jacket as the foil pokes at his chest. And since it was partly blocked, the poke doesn't count for a point. Then, Rogar follows through with an attempt to fling the foil out of Thel's hand.

29. - Top - End - #1079

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Arena Cimorene Vs. Eon

Cimorene frowns when he doesn't move forward, instead falling back himself. Oh well you won't beat him unless you attack him she figures and goes forward trying to get him to swing again, ready to dodge backwards yet again. This time if all goes according to plan she will charge forward this time, hopefully getting past the reach of the weapon before Eon can ready it to attack again.
    Arena Cimorene Vs. Eon

The thing is Eon won't go for a swing in the first place. He heads back again dodging the blade. No real plan popped up in his head right now. He needs a moment to think about it. His movements are well, like he is used to wear the full plate. Still he is a bit slower than normal human.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arena Cimorene Vs. Eon

Well if he isn't attacking she presses forward trying to close the distance between them so that she is standing very close to him, attacking with both blades in her hands hoping to keep him on the defensive till she can attempt to trip him to the ground by interwinding her legs in his.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?