New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1934353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1370
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Harnel's Plots

Quote Originally Posted by Kris on a Stick View Post
    [Meyrink's Arena]

Naera gets a taste of Meyrink! Awww yeah! She might wish she hadn't, though, as he quite literally tastes like ass. Ass mixed with old, rotten food, cheap cigarettes and whiskey that may or may not just be industrial solvents colored brown. And then she rips his jaw off. There's a lot of blood and gore and bone bits and stuff.
    Meyrink, now jawless, remains locked in Naera's grip, a manic gleam in his eyes as he stare blankly back at her, blood spurting horrifically from the gaping mess where the bottom of his face used to be.
    Naera snarls, spitting out his jaw, and her left hand clamps down, trying to use her inhuman strength to shatter the wrist she's holding, at the same time pushing back to try to force him off balance.

Whether or not that works, she brings her kindjal up with her other arm in an attempt to stab him in the stomach, if possible twisting it viciously and then pulling it out through his side should she succeed.

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arena Cimorene Vs. Eon

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    And there he got another cut from the magic blades. Lucky for him the wound won't kill him immediatly , but he takes a few more steps back, holding his belly to prevent the blood from spilling out.

He will need a few moments to recover befor he can start another attack.
    Amelia shakes her head trying to clear out that annoying ringing. She sees Eon holding his belly and decides now is the time to push her attack. So she quickly leaps back forward hoping that with him weilding his akwardly large hammer one handed she will have a chance to land several more blows on him. They are slower then before and less precise then her previous attacks. But she is going to try and press the attack with her one good arm and hopefully end this bout.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Naera snarls, spitting out his jaw, and her left hand clamps down, trying to use her inhuman strength to shatter the wrist she's holding, at the same time pushing back to try to force him off balance.

Whether or not that works, she brings her kindjal up with her other arm in an attempt to stab him in the stomach, if possible twisting it viciously and then pulling it out through his side should she succeed.
    Meyrink is forced off balance! Well, it's not really hard? I mean, between the jaw ripping, and the wrist shattering, and then the stabbing and the slicing, he's kinda... well... dead. That might be a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris on a Stick View Post
    Meyrink is forced off balance! Well, it's not really hard? I mean, between the jaw ripping, and the wrist shattering, and then the stabbing and the slicing, he's kinda... well... dead. That might be a problem.
    Well. That didn't work out like she planned. She meant to just mess up his guts and such, not hit abdominal aeorta or the like. But apparently something along those lines did, in fact, happen, seeing as he died so quickly.

Unless he's a Mandalorian, seeing as they can mimic death. But in any case, she lets him drop, sighing angrily, and reverting to her normal form, then turning away.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    Blank vs Spec

Blank shows her opponent the gun. It has a net! No bullets.

Her tail swishes back and forth nervously.
    [Spec -Versus- Blank]

Spec's arm holds steady, the unwavering aperture anchored in its position for a full minute more as the seemingly unblinking (though nobody could be certain, as things stand, with her shades eclipsing her eyes and all) assassin stares down Blank so that the little tiefling might grasp, in its totality, the gravity of so much as appearing to bring a gun to a sword fight. Seconds after, her intense attitude falters and ultimately wanes. An almost smirk crosses her face as she taps a button on her arm. The telltale crackling of the celestial energy imprisoned out of her palm dies away, leaving in its wake the roar of synthetic thunder accompanied by a potentially disorienting flash.

As she slides her index finger across her left arm, she addresses Blank.

"Your words ring true, but, as they say, the proof is in the pudding. For your sake and my own, I hope that in this regard you uphold the virtue of honesty as I do despite many others cheating in this arena today. I swear that you shall encounter none of their dishonorable tactics, transforming blades, transforming bodies, impenetrable armor, projectile weaponry, or anything of that sort from me. I'm looking forward to a clean, fair fight without messy accidents or deadly surprises that lead to one or both of us departing from this field and this world within the hour, as one of our predecessors has. In order to foster that quality in this fight, I would like to inform you that I am equipped with a switchblade in case I am disarmed. I would also ask that if you are clad in any armor that you specify its type and weight that I might match it. If you are keen on making use of dull blades in this battle, all you need do is ask."

"Much of the competition today has sacrificed the purity of battle on the altar of victory, much to their own shame. Here, it shall not be so. If you have any requests of me that will empower us to better challenge each other, please feel free to ask."

Spec isn't as victory-driven as the majority of her opponents are. While it would be nice to triumph, she's searching for a challenge above everything else.

In other words...

Victory means nothing to her.
    The fight is everything.

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Bugbear in the Playground

Blank vs. Spec

It yakes a minute for a nine-year-old girl to understand all these words.

All right... I promise not to cheat. And I don't have any armor. Good luck to you too!

And with that, her tail flicks around and a knife flies straight towards Spec's knee at lighting speed!

She has a little pouch by her tail full of these.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Pixie in the Playground

[Spec -Versus- Blanka]

Quite. Spec should learn to be more concise and use less flowery language. Should also keep her audience in mind, I suppose. If Blank actively listened to that whole speech, she's a bigger attention span than me!

Projectile weaponry! Boo! Dishonor, dishonor, dishonor! No self-respecting knight would ever deign to hurl of any sort of missile at his/her/its worthy opponent!

The throwing knife flung at Spec's knee doesn't register a hit because the second Blank's tail hurtles forward with the alarming speed, the agile Spec dive-rolls to the left, landing (but not stopping) in a crouched stance before she seamlessly transfers into a forward sprint and begins to close the distance between herself and Blank. She had anticipated that Blank would open with her net gun, not throwing knives, but the reaction should prove appropriate given the attack anyway. So fast is she that, if one were to blink, she would be a number of feet in front of where their eyes last spotted her with abnormally large clouds of dust and ruts in the dirt as the two lone traces of her passing. It is probably worth mentioning that she is hugging the arena wall, if only to aid in the visualization of the scene and for mental bookkeeping.

8. - Top - End - #1298

Waiting Room

Rogar, who has been recovering in the waiting room throws up his arms at the sight of Meyrink's death.

"What happened to this being a nonlethal tournament? She just ripped his jaw off! Where are the judges on this?"

9. - Top - End - #1299

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Spec -Versus- Blanka]

Quite. Spec should learn to be more concise and use less flowery language. Should also keep her audience in mind, I suppose. If Blank actively listened to that whole speech, she's a bigger attention span than me!

Projectile weaponry! Boo! Dishonor, dishonor, dishonor! No self-respecting knight would ever deign to hurl of any sort of missile at his/her/its worthy opponent!

The throwing knife flung at Spec's knee doesn't register a hit because the second Blank's tail hurtles forward with the alarming speed, the agile Spec dive-rolls to the left, landing (but not stopping) in a crouched stance before she seamlessly transfers into a forward sprint and begins to close the distance between herself and Blank. She had anticipated that Blank would open with her net gun, not throwing knives, but the reaction should prove appropriate given the attack anyway. So fast is she that, if one were to blink, she would be a number of feet in front of where their eyes last spotted her with abnormally large clouds of dust and ruts in the dirt as the two lone traces of her passing. It is probably worth mentioning that she is hugging the arena wall, if only to aid in the visualization of the scene and for mental bookkeeping.
    Blankbends her knees as three mopre knives flick towards Spec. Afrter they run their course she'll blow on hr magic knife.

It catches on fire!
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Pixie in the Playground

((I could've sworn that I had posted for this contest waaay back when. >.< Sorry!))

[Spec -Versus- Blank]

A fiery dagger is a sterile cauterizing instrument! It'd hurt like heck to be cut and burned by it, but at least you won't bleed to death from the injury, if it doesn't set you on fire, I mean.

As the three daggers aimed at Spec's torso are flicked through the air, Spec effortlessly transitions into a wallrun, taking two steps up on the arena wall only to catch a single dagger in her outer left thigh and receive a minor glancing cut from another. She winces as she abruptly twists and kicks herself off of the wall, charging at her dishonorable opponent with sword in her right hand. In the same fluid motion as the twist, her left hand yanks the dagger out of her now bleeding thigh and, in the second after her landing, she attempts to return one of Blank's throwing knives to her by way of air mail. She's aiming for the center of Blank's gut. She's pretty sure that if this dagger hits its mark, Blank won't be at risk of being in any way more wounded than Spec would have been had Blank's throwing knives hit their mark.

If this kid is allowed to cheat by using projectile weapons and a gun in a knife fight, Spec will turn the kid's own weapons against her. But Spec has honor. She will not cheat.

She will attempt to slide to a stop just outside of the reach of Blank's dagger, however, daring Blank to come at her in close quarters combat.

11. - Top - End - #1301

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Arena Cimorene Vs. Eon

Amelia shakes her head trying to clear out that annoying ringing. She sees Eon holding his belly and decides now is the time to push her attack. So she quickly leaps back forward hoping that with him weilding his akwardly large hammer one handed she will have a chance to land several more blows on him. They are slower then before and less precise then her previous attacks. But she is going to try and press the attack with her one good arm and hopefully end this bout.
    Arena Cimorene Vs. Eon

Time, the wound and beeing only a human have brught Eon to his limit. He is hardly abe to bring his hammer between her and him as she strikes. The blade passing his skin like a hot knofe through butter. Blood splits around and Eon falls on his back, breathing hard, but still holding his weapon.

The judges, as well as Cimorene should see that Eon won't stand up anymore, not to continue this fight.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arena Cimorene Vs. Eon

Amelia staggers back surpised but happy to have won. She looks like she is on her last legs as well. She lets her one remaining sword vanish and holds her broken arm gently. If someone offically declares her the winner she will heal herself up in a quick bright flash of light. She didn't use any of her healing powers in the fight since she didn't want to cheat.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    A Street Somewhere

"Copi," the green-haired woman says simply. She's wearing an odd, green dress, too... it looks a bit like a lab coat. If the others get a good look at her, they might notice that her skin doesn't look quite natural... and her eyes look creepy from the wrong angle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Moon View Post
    A Street! We're Walkin' On It!

Sticking her thumbs in her pockets, the teifling trails along behind Sebastian. "Name's Tessa," she says, with a nod and a smile. Either she has great genes or her parents forced her into braces as a kid because damn those teeth are straight. Coffee stained, though. "Tessa Locke. So, ah, what, 'xactly, is goin' on wit' yer kids?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Walkin' on the Street

"Iamar Shalhoub," the hooded woman says, easily able to keep the man's hurried pace. She doesn't say much otherwise, though, and doesn't seem too unusual besides all the weapons she openly carries.
    [Leaving the City]

"That's just the rub," Sebastian says, "We don't know, and it has everybody scared. There's no trace of anything left after the children vanish, like they vanished into thin air, clothes and all."
    Last edited by Halae; 2013-04-20 at 08:21 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Dwarf in the Playground

Leaving the City

"Disturbing. No signs of a struggle? Or footprints leading away? It may be necessary to catch the kidnapper at work, with all the disturbing implications that has,"
    Copi ponders as she follows.

15. - Top - End - #1305

Goin' Places!

"Aha, a trap!" Tessa pounds a fist into an open palm, a devious look crossing over her face. "'M sure 'tween th' three'o us, we'll be able ta catch 'n' inter'gate th' bastard!"

A thoughtful frown creases her lips. "Er, how far is this village'o yers?"
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Barbarian in the Playground

Leaving the City

"I may be able to find a trail without placing more in danger," Iamar says, pondering just how someone could take a child without leaving any trace.

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Ogre in the Playground

[On the Road]

"It's the better part of a four hour walk in that direction,"
    Sebastian points along the road, "This is a mostly peaceful road, so we should be safe until we get there."

If everybody is willing to do a timeskip, he's completely accurate with what he just said.

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Dwarf in the Playground

On the Road

"Ideally, we will be able to track them, yes. However, we must prepare for every eventuality."

((I'm good with a timeskip.))

19. - Top - End - #1309

On the road again...

Oh. Four hours. Fun. Tessa looks down at her shoes, whose pumped heels were absolutely not fit for a four hour walk. "Uhhh. Is it jus' that way'n?" she asks, her gaze following Sebastian's finger. "If'n it be all th' same t' you, I think I'll jes' fly ahead."

And unless anyone protests, Tessa will turn to face Inside and retrieve an ornate stick from her pocket. The wand is thin and carved from willow, with three brass bands wrapped around the handle. "Accio broom!" She calls. After a moment, a broomstick appears on the horizon and flies into Tessa's waiting hand. With a grin at her new companions, Tessa steps one leg over it and wraps both hands around the handle. "See ya there!" she grins, and kicks off.

((Time skip is fine, Tessa will be waiting for the others by the village outskirts.))
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

20. - Top - End - #1310

On the Road

Iamar doesn't protest against Tessa flying. She was used to much longer walks than four hours, but she knew that others were. So, she just gets ready for a trek.

((Timeskip's fine with me too.))

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Ogre in the Playground

[Getting to Town]

When the group arrives at the village, it's obvious there's something wrong. There's no kids playing, few are outside and those that are are solemnly silent. About half the houses here look completely abandoned.

Not many even turn to look at the entrance made by the group of women. it's just so desolate here. It's like many of them barely have the will to go on. No wonder so many people have left.

Sebastian frowns. He doesn't like seeing his people like this.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Dwarf in the Playground

Getting to Town

Oh, my... Copi wants to be as polite as possible, but she must ask: "Your elder has held off on getting help for how long?"

23. - Top - End - #1313

The Girls are Back In Town!

The group arrives at town to find Tessa squatting on the side of the road, drawing stick figures in the dirt with, appropriately, a stick. She stands as soon as she sees them coming, and meets them half-way.

"No 'fense meant, Sebast'an," she says, casting a nervous look over her shoulder at the village behind her, "but that village'o yers is right damn creepin' me out." She turns to face it, crossing her arms over her chest as she walks. "Th' sooner we figger out what's goin' on here, th' better."
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

24. - Top - End - #1314

Getting to Town

Though Iamar looks stoic at the sight of the village and its people, it hides an uneasiness about this. "We should begin our investigation quickly before your people lose the hope they have left."

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Dwarf in the Playground

Somewhere

Harnel will slowly come to himself, but it will not be an easy experience. After a bit, he will become aware of a light in the distance of this otherwise black place. Harnel isn't really on any solid surface... but he can move toward it.

Not much else to do here.

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arriving At Town]

Sebastian shakes his head, "Three months since it started. Tamlen Coldral could tell you more; he's the local priest."

[Somewhere]

Harnel's mind immediately reaches for said light, and if he can, he'll begin moving towards it on instinct alone.

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arriving At Town

"Not too long," Copi comments, "But plenty long enough for things to go wrong."

Somewhere

The light isn't too far away, and when he gets there he... wakes up?

He was sleeping on a flat stone slab, in a round room. At his head and feet are bright braziers, to his right is a torch-lit hallway. Around the foot of the slab are flowers. Lots of flowers. Harnel may recognize them as being particularly expensive... or often associated with death and the customs surrounding it.

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Ogre in the Playground

[Somewhere]

As Harnel rouses to wakefulness, he looks around curiously. This isn't the first time he's woken up in a crypt, but it is the first time there's also been flowers (which he doesn't recognize the significance of) and torches. what exactly is he wearing? Still just the tee shirt and jeans from earlier?

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Dwarf in the Playground

Somewhere

Actually, he's wearing more of a noble's tunic. Something dressy, probably expensive, and he'll probably also notice that not only is it specifically fitted for him but it's also made to be both very comfortable and effective padded armor.

No one will come to meet Harnel. He will have as long as he needs to get his bearings and move out of the chamber.

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Ogre in the Playground

[Somehwere]

Harnel, not always the most comfortable individual in noble garb, will start heading down whatever passage there is that's lit. Light means people after all, and he'd rather like to know what the hell is going on. He's on alert at the moment, and is listening to the very air for changes.