New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 20353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1370
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Harnel's Plots

Somehwere

The hall is very long, and the walls are intricately carved in the forms of people, places and things that Harnel will recognize. In fact, the most prominent figure on the walls is him: the walls are his story, immortalized by master artisans in stone. Every battle and notable occurrence in his life is here, but there aren't many words. Only names and dates connected to-oh, it's a list of all of Harnel's kills.

The start of the hall is the start of his life, and as it goes on he can exmaine his life. It begins with his birth... and ends with a person on a road, shooting him with a gun.

At the end of the hall is a double door, carved like a magnificent castle.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Ogre in the Playground

[Somewhere]

That... wow. Some of these he doesn't even remember himself. Ah, wait, look at that; it's the fight against The arch-lich whose name eludes him so soon after waking up. There's his first real battle, Green Stops, against a small contingent of undead and their necromancer. Has he really killed so many things over the years?

A rifle though... He'd just been learning to use rifles. To think someone shot him... ugh. well, he was still alive, wasn't he? The abrupt end is a bit disconcerting, but there it is. Now all that's left is to wonder what the bleeding hells is going on ?!

He'll move very quickly towards the exit, before trying to get the doors open.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Dwarf in the Playground

Somewhere

The door opens, to reveal a grand hall. The walls and ceiling (about 200 feet away) are made out of some radiant white metal, and the floor is like marble but the swirls are slowly moving. The red carpet has been rolled out, and is lined with dozens of able-bodied swordsmen. As one, they draw their blades and kneel in respect. The carpet leads to a fine throne on the far side of the room, a long ways away. Someone is sitting on it, but it's hard to tell details from here.

If Harnel starts walking forward, rose petals will begin to waft from the sky.

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Ogre in the Playground

[Somewhere]

Harnel moves somewhat cautiously through the hall, eying the warriors. What in the world is going on here? This place is absolutely beautiful, but he remembers the afterlife, what with the mass of light beings and glorious combat. He even remembers the judgement table of the god of death.

So where the hell is this? He's never seen anywhere so opulent in the Nexus. Could it have screwed with his afterlife?

He'll approach the figure on the throne, of course.

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Dwarf in the Playground

Somewhere

The figure on the throne is one of amazing beauty... and danger. Her face is hidden by an iron mask in the shape of a beautiful woman's face, but her hair flows over the throne and onto the ground, crimson red. On her head are iron spikes or horns in the shape of a crown, each one topped by a fine jewel.

Her skin is scales, many of them of varying sizes and shades implying the some are newer: comparable to scars. Most are of a deep blue, almost black hue, but speckled on her body are scales of other colors.

Her body itself is unique: she is a very shapely woman, but that isn't her most notable aspect. Instead, her most notble aspect is her six arms. On he right side, each hand wears a gauntlet: the top one wears a lighter gauntlet to help preserve dexterity, the middle one has a heavier gauntlet typical of plate mail, and the bottom one has a large, spiked gauntlet with wicked claws. Her left side has clawed hands: her top arm ends in small, workable claws, her middle one in larger, more dangerous claws... and the bottom one has wicked talons.

Her clothes are for relaxing: a very loose-fitting toga... but Harnel may notice that by the right side of the throne, there is a suit of armor fitted for her. In fact, there is a small, subtle magic effect that encourages him to notice it.

Behind her... it's hard to say, perhaps she has wings furled behind her. Perhaps it is the throne herself, or perhaps it is a supernatural aura... but for whatever reason, from behind her comes a bright but soft light. It seems to be generated by no small amount of aetheric fire.

Her voice rings out, clearly heard throughout the hall: "Harnel Threlsian, now Harnel Mithar, I am both honored and deeply sorrowed to receive you in my halls." Every word she speaks feels of importance and truth, and is also laced with a strong but subtle magic effect that should make them seem all the heavier to the mind.

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Ogre in the Playground

[Somewhere]

Harnel will indeed notice the armor, and listen to her words. He also can't help himself but look her over, given the semi-revealing nature of the toga, but he's tactful and dutiful enough to his wife that it's no more than a glance before he's looking her in the eye once more.

"Where am I? What happened?"

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Dwarf in the Playground

Somewhere

"You are within The Halls of Feavous, a haven for mighty and honorable warriors shunned by their own gods or afterlife. I am the Lady of the hall, Gelandriel. Harnel Threlsian, I am sorry, but you are dead. Your body was ripped apart by powerful magic, and the one who made this sought to make sure you would never return, by banishing your soul far away from the world you know, or the afterlife you deserve. I cannot send you back, for that realm is beyond my influence."
    Every word seems sincere. And while she is doing her best to hide it behind a somewhat aloof and professional air, she does seem deeply saddened by this turn of events.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2013-05-11 at 10:25 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Ogre in the Playground

[Somewhere]

((His name before it was changed to Mithar was Therishein, not Threlsian ))

Harnel frowns. Gelandriel should be able to tell that, to him, it sounds like she's telling the truth, but he remains a bit skeptical, "Then why all this for me? Seems a bit... overdone." He'll reach up to his ear where he normally keeps his earring, "And where are my things? I was led to understand spirits keep an approximation of their things when they die."

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Dwarf in the Playground

Somewhere

"I welcome each warrior to my halls with the respect that they deserve," Gelandriel states. She certainly seems to believe that he deserves this! "As for your items, they were disintegrated. I have furnished you with your current garb until I can give you proper replacements."

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Ogre in the Playground

[Somewhere]

Harnel grunts, "And what happens now?"

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Dwarf in the Playground

Somewhere

"Now... now, Harnel Therishein, I ask you for aid. I am even now hounded by an enemy, an enemy that has taken many of my champions already. This enemy seeks souls, to use them as fuel for their conquest of worlds. I cannot fight them totally, merely do my best to thwart them within my realms. They are even now coming closer, plotting to take worlds that I draw dear. I ask of you, will you be willing to take up a sword in defense of those who cannot defend themselves? I say to you now, that you will not fight this enemy alone, but I do ask..." She is quiet for a moment, as if admitting something to herself. "yea, perhaps I even plead, that you help me."

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Ogre in the Playground

[Somewhere]

Harnel frowns for a long while, mulling it over, "I'd like to meet them first, then decide," He obviously doesn't trust this all yet, but he's willing to go along with it for now.

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Dwarf in the Playground

Somewhere

Gelandriel nods. "I understand, but you should don armor before you leave. They see the living as resources, and as thus will try to capture, or outright kill, you when they see you. I do not wish to see you wounded again, much less so soon."

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Ogre in the Playground

[Somwhere]

Harnel grunts, "Alright, fine. Could you get me some armor? And a weapon. Preferably something large and with a good amount of heft to it."

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Dwarf in the Playground

Somwhere

"Indeed."
    her top right hand reaches out, holding out a bracelet. With a slight gesture, it will fly in an elegant arc toward Harnel. If he does not catch it, it will fall onto a velvet pillow at his feet that was not there before. "This will help you travel between the places in the Halls. Will to be sent to a location, such as the armory for your equipment, and you will be sent there. Return to me when you are ready to meet my enemies, and I will send you to them."

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Ogre in the Playground

[Somewhere]

Harnel will indeed catch the bracelet, and consider for a moment before putting it on, "This begs a final question before I go though," He'll look towards her eyes, a piercing gaze that seems to cut through falsehood, "What are you?"

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Dwarf in the Playground

Somewhere

"Some call me a god. Some call me a demon. However, to my knowledge the most accurate description of me is 'a transrealital entity of godlike power limited to her own realm and those metaphysically nearby'. It's a bit of a mouthful, but I am not aware of any word to describe this accurately. I am not, by my nature, god nor demon. Instead, I am something else."

So... she belongs in the Other category.

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Ogre in the Playground

][Somewhere]

Harel nods. Not a god, not demonic... but of deific power. Like the Lady of Pain? No, the Lady is more powerful than gods, at least in Sigil. Hmm.

Harnel will nod towards Gelandriel and, if not stopped, will transport himself to the armory.

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Dwarf in the Playground

Armory

The Armory is quite impressive. A large amount of weapons and armor. In the center is a mannequin made to be like Harnel, with heavy, custom-fitted armor for him. Also available is a variety of finely-crafted weapons and shields. There is also bows, crossbows, and ammo for them. They are all masterfully made, and are even all slightly magical. Nothing too notable, but Harnel will probably recognize the slight edge over a mundane weapon.

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Ogre in the Playground

[Armory]

Harnel will immediately find himself a broadsword. The thing with these sorts of weapons is that if it's made by someone who knows their craft, you can find imperfections, their own style to the blade. harnel tneds towards bulky but simplistic and strong designs; his great strength makes them the best fit for him, and even when he's not consciously trying to make such, it's what he'll generally end up with. A trained blacksmith can also tell the sort of care that's been put into the weapon from two things; the purity of the metal, and the balance of it. Is the craftsman careless, and thus the blade unbalanced? Is the sword as pure as can be made?

He'll test a few forms with it, and do similar things with all the equipment he picks up.

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Dwarf in the Playground

Armory

The sword is very well made... maybe even too well made. It's pure steel... or something better than steel. It's perfectly balanced. It's less like a real, forged blade and more that someone magicked a masterwork blade into existence.

All these items, in fact, have that same quality.

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Ogre in the Playground

[Armory]

Interesting. And eerie. With any weapon, you can feel the weight of the personality that ccrafted it, the quirks they imparted into their craft. These are clean, blank slates. Even a spell that shapes equipment will leave such a mark, but this was simply directly made, as if it was an archetype plucked from Elysium.

Harnel puts it back down. He won't use such a lifeless thing. It feels too unreal. He can rely on his claws and scales for at least a little while. His techniques should be just as effective with them, save for a few.

After a moment longer of consideration, he'll return to the throne room garbed in the same things he left in, no more, no less.

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Dwarf in the Playground

Armory

By the time Harnel gets back, the red carpet and most of the warriors are gone. Some are still stationed around the great hall, but the bulk of them are gone.

"Is something wrong, Therishein? You have not retrieved any equipment from the Armory."

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Ogre in the Playground

[Throne Room]

"Mithar," he corrects, "and that's right. No smith touched that metal, and I won't use something so lifeless. How did you get them?"

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Dwarf in the Playground

Throne Room

"I created the ideal forms of the items, customized for you. But if you will not touch them, I will see about commissioning a blacksmith to forge them. What do you desire?"

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Ogre in the Playground

[Throne Room]

"A greatsword and chainmail. In the meantime, I'll go without," He looks about, "Now, how do I get to the people that need my help?" Seems he's ignoring the whole 'you need equipment' thing by this point.
    Last edited by Halae; 2013-05-19 at 07:23 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Dwarf in the Playground

Throne Room

"Then I will send you, prepare yourself."

And Harnel will probably be smoothly shifted into the outskirts of a town. The landscape is barren, no plants anywhere. He appears not far from a farm house (the rest of the town is visible in the difference) but there are no people in view.

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside The Village]

Harnel casts about, taking in his surroundings quickly, his body instinctively preparing for an attack. Not that one will come, but there it is.

Assuming nothing leaps out at him, he'll go to walk into town, looking around for people.

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Dwarf in the Playground

Outside The Village

As he approaches the town, he will see someone. It's a young woman, with her back to Harnel, near the far corner of the closest house. She's walking slowly, but there's something... stiff about her.

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Village]

"Hello?" Harnel says, curious. The stiffness is worrisome, and he's ready for an attack even now. Until he's confirmed to not be in danger, he considers himself on threat watch. it's saved his life before.

One might get much the sense of a predatory animal from that fact.