New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 213637383940414243444546
Results 1,351 to 1,370 of 1370
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Harnel's Plots

The Village

She doesn't seem to hear him. She continues walking, stiffly, methodically. Her hands are at her sides, and don't move much. Not even the little bit that they usually move when walking...

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Village]

Harnel will move around to her front, and attempt to wave a hand in front of her face. No touching. Not yet.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Village

Her face is gears.

They appear to be brass, the only living tissue left on her face is her left eye, which peers out of the center of one of the gears.

Gears which immediately spin up when she sees Harnel, releasing a loud, high-pitched whine. A pair of long blades suddenly come out of her arms, cutting through the skin. She suddenly moves fast, trying to stab Harnel in the heart.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Village]

Harnel was ready, and just as suddenly, his own arms will come up to grab the woman's arms around the wrists. a sudden reaction is to belch forth flame directly into the machine woman's face after that. A bit of a knee-jerk reaction, but warranted in this case.

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Village

The woman is stronger than she looks, but not super strong. She burns quite nicely... at least the flesh does. Harnel will get a good view of metallic muscles, bones, and organs, before the heat melts the parts enough that with a sputter the machine stops.

Harnel will then hear a high-pitched whine from around the corner behind him, and another from further down the street. Nothing runs out to meet him, but from the sound of it there are others around.

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Village]

Machines, how pleasant. He begins listening, very carefully, taking special note of the movement of the air itself. It's a trick he was taught, that helps people understand where your enemies are when you can't see them. it's imprecise, but should alert him to whatever is out of the ordinary within about thirty feet or so. As he does this, he drops the robot girl and turns to look around, not ignoring his sense of sight even as he listens.

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Village

There is one right around the corner there, that isn't moving. Just standing there, making that noise.

Additional whines down the street are the locations of other machines... ah, but one moves down the street. It rounds the corner and sees Harnel. It releases a noise like a train whistle, as there is a train whistle-like thing on one of it's shoulders. It rushed forward, and even without paying attention to his eyes Harnel will probably be able to tell that it's better armed and armored than the others.

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Village]

Harnel will look towards the machine charging him, and if it comes within stiking distance, he'll dodge, before delivering a significant uppercut to its stomach, the same place that'd take the wind out of a man. Even heavy metal plates would dent and bulge under the weight of Harnel's claws, and the torso is large enough that there's likely something vital in there.

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Village

The machcine looks like it used to be a muscle man, but there is some armor plating. In addition to the whistle, it's eye seems to be a lens for good eyesight and for some reason it's left breast is a fly wheel. Also, its arms are chainsaws, but it doesn't have those going right now.

Harnel's punch makes him stagger back a few steps, a large dent in its chest, and then revs up the chainsaws and tries to cut Harnel in twain with them.

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Village]

Harnel will duck under the blades, and rapidly stand up again, bringing a first towards the metal man's jaw, before lifting up one leg to give a solid kick to the robot's abdomen. This all from a guy who can lift about a ton above his head.

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Village

Suffice to say that the machine lands on his back, and tries to get up but appears to have lost some flexibility in his abdomen. The whistle is still blowing, though, and there are marching sounds from down the street.

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Village]

Harnel considers his options for the moment. Yes, he could potentially fight his way through a large group of this sort of robot. He'd be injured, though, and he wasn't sure how much protection being dead afforded. Alternately, he still has the bracelet, and this place is obviously already lost.

So, following the same process he had to move to the armory and back, he'll try to teleport himself to the throne room once more.

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Village

He will reappear there, in front of Gelandriel. "Have you seen the face of the enemy?" She asks. "Do you now understand why many have fallen, and why force must be used, instead of politics? "

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Ogre in the Playground

[Throne Room]

"There seems to have been a miscommunication here. I wanted to talk to those I'd be protecting, not who I'd be fighting," Harnel looks unsurprised that his words were misunderstood, but there it is.

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Dwarf in the Playground

Throne Room

"Ah. The threat is to many places, many of which are beyond my control. Fighting against it as a whole is impossible, but I desire to do my best to force them out of the places I control. They cannot be stopped entirely, but they can be dissuaded. Chased away, even out of entire universes. The lives you would save are not a specific people, but the lives of entire worlds. They will likely never know if you fight for them. I can show you some examples, yes, but it would be hard to give you an idea of the whole from any one group."

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Ogre in the Playground

[Throne Room]

Harnel nods, "Don't worry about then. When can the materials for my equipment be obtained? I want to start working on them immediately."

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Dwarf in the Playground

Throne Room

"I can acquire, one way or another, any material that you desire. What do you want?"

She'll probably just conjure the more fantastic ones. I doubt she has an extensive multiuniverse mining operation.

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Ogre in the Playground

[Throne room]

"I work primarily in adamantine," he says, "but if you have something of a higher quality, I can try to work with that."

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Dwarf in the Playground

Throne room

"Adamantine is a name used for many different metals. I will try to find a suitable replacement. Or replacements, as the case may be. Rest for now, Harnel. I shall work to find a metal for you. Your quarters are ready whenever you want them."

Harnel's quarters are somewhat idealized, almost plucked right from his head. It's made of some kind of idealized stone, with living space, food, a bed, a personal armory and training area, and all the other things that he might want.

If he wants a a room with a view, suffice to say it will be impressive.

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Ogre in the Playground

[Throne Room]

Harnel's pragmatism makes it so that while there's a view, it's capable of being closed. After Geladriel finishes, he'll teleport there to take a look at his new abode with curiosity. He doesn't particularly like the idea of sleeping in a new place, but he doesn't have much of a choice at the moment, and so he'll lay down in the bed and...

Not sleep. He can't sleep just yet. He's not tired enough, given he just woke up a little while ago. Instead, he'll stand, and look for weights, before lifitng them in a more spacious area, followed by training unarmed fighting forms. Have to keep in shape.