New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Writer's Block! [WW]

Night 2 Ends
    Just one more day remained until the Con would open. Of course, this had the workers in a chaotic frenzy, as the fanfic booths were still incomplete. Even worse, many of them were dying, and others were dying too, so those booths belonging to them had to be disassembled, and there were still stray barrels of goo that needed moving. One was carrying one such barrel out, by way of the Programmer's wing. Knowing the dangers this goo carried, he was running pretty fast, when he tripped on a hidden wire. The barrel came crashing to the ground, and the goo spilled out - worse, it was the barrel that contained the goo they'd managed to clean up and re-store. The worker stared in horror as he tried to get up, as the goo seemed to ooze in a resolute manner towards a group of people, including one with bare feet, discussing putting the contents of a manuscript into some sort of digital format. The four of them only saw it, when they felt their feet starting to dissolve and looked down - there were enough glowing screens that not even TBFProgrammer noticed one more source of light. His papers fell into the goo, and before the pain got so bad he had to shut his eyes, he could almost swear the goo reached up to grab them...

Back in the Fan Fiction wing, others were still busy when the worker who'd tripped came running back, jabbering about "somethings alive". No one panicked, though; They already were for another reason. Soon he found himself carrying the table that had been cd4's booth - who was found with a gunshot wound through his throat, a sword still wet with someone else's blood in his hand still (who knows where he found it). He had to leave - If he worked for these crazy writers much longer, he'd be dead, or eaten, or worse. On the other end of the table was another worried soul, who had become a subject of suspicion due to the oddity of the recent events. Neither even payed attention to the table's weight, they were so worried. Clinging to the underside, someone waited. Someone with a very impressive collection of knives.

VA_Beds and Vesth were tagging together, knowing there was strength in numbers, when they came across DarkLightDragon wrapping a large bandage around his mid-section, a large amount of red on it's surface. They knew their ally was in trouble, so they started to help dress the wounds. His deep, ragged breaths prompted them to hurry... they should have looked at his eyes first. He'd gone quite mad from the pain, and the glint and red tint marked this. He shot both of them, screaming in a raging frenzy. The noise confused him and drove him madder, and the next shot from his gun took his own life.

As day broke through the windows and the artificial lights came back on, the light highlighted TinyMushroom folding another fleet of paper planes. Grinning at what she used as paper, she threw one as a test... and heard quite distinctly someone speaking in a french accent. Just like the character in this fiction she was folding. Confused, she threw another... and heard a bird cry, a seagull, and the story WAS set on a beach... She looked over the barricade she was hiding behind, and saw a tall pile of purple glowing goo there. Which shouldn't be, the goo just spread out before, how did it not this time? She ducked back and grabbed more planes, and when she looked back to throw more, it was closer. She ran. The goo kept advancing, eating the planes she dropped and threw... getting faster. She couldn't out run it forever.

Spoiler
    Show
    TBFProgrammer was eaten. Three mooks died with him. He was a thief and shapeshifter, and a member of the Action Addict and Anti-Ender factions.

Cd4 brought a sword to a gunfight. He was a Suicide Bomber and trap master, and a member of the crosser and shipper factions.

Oddity was diced, alongside another mook. He was a Proof Reader and Kung-fu master, and a member of the Anti-Ender and Action Addict factions.

VA_Beds helped the wrong person. He was a detective and proofreader, and a member of the Scenery Shipper and Worshiper factions.

Vesth was with him on the scene. He was a gambler and trap master, and a member of the Scenery Shipper and Worshiper factions.

DarkLightDragon offed himself. He was a shapeshifter and traitorous trap master, and a member of the Crosser and Worshiper factions.

TinyMushroom lost a race. She was a Evil Editor and Kung-fu Master, and a member of the crosser and worshiper factions.

Day 3 Begins

When everybody was awake enough to believe they weren't hallucinating, they found stacks of SuperDark33's booklets stacked everywhere. You can't vote for him today.

Day ends in 48 hour, on Wednesday.
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry, scry results and other night action resolutions will come in after I do the dishes.

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #123
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm surprised Ramsus has lasted this long.
    Avatar by whatever Zjoot became.
    Will take suggested phrases in sig. PM with ideas
    Am I missed in my absence?

4. - Top - End - #124
    Orc in the Playground

We had 28 players. 15 are dead right now, 13 left. This day one dies, 12 left. next night 6 or 7 more die, 6 left. Day 4 dies another one, 5 left. Following night, everybody dies, maybe one or two survivor(s). Are we getting more players, or is this game just really soon finished?

My extended collection of avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony Tarquin by Dirtytabs

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

I'll throw a revenge vote at Grue Bait since he so openly just asked for it.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, that was fun! I can't wait until the next version of this!

I'm actually a girl participating in Gender Bending Week (I've confused people already! Yay!), but this is a fanfiction WW...
    Click to view my dragons and help them grow!
    Please help my Pokemon!

4TH DEGREE!
    Winner of the 1st, 7th and 8th rounds of original Ready, Aim, Fire!

Pokemon X Info:
    3DS Code: 3110-5232-7003
    Character Name: Gwendolyn
    Pokemon for trade: Here

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

The worm nibbled the corner of the page thoughtfully. "I hope I don't get eaten by a Szilard."

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

It's more plausible getting eaten by a Penguin(ator). :P
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

Superdark was busy writing.
    Sziliard is somwhat silly.
    at the randomz!
    Despite everything, its still me.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Orc in the Playground

Indeed, indeed...
    We are not pleased with this Szilard fellow. No, not at all...

The baron contemplated in his comfortable chair, smoking his pipe, warming his feet on the still glowing embers in the fireplace. He called his butler to bring him some more of the 1834 Chateau d'Avignon. After a nice last drink he went to bed.

Spoiler
    Show

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Penguinator

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Day 3 ends

The Convention was almost open. The next day, it would be crowded by folk looking at absolutely everything. And only the fanfic wing was not ready yet. Almost ready, though. The problem right now was that there was a glowing pile of goo, that was definitely moving about, and had a taste for writing. If a taste is what it could be called - more like it was powered by it.

Seven workers were eaten by it over the day, as the writers carefully put their works behind protective glass. Only one thought it wasn't threat enough to his specific works not to. And when his were the only unprotected ones left, the pile of goo came crashing down to his booth, attracted by... whatever made writing so attractive to it. Others had seen an opportunity, and had set up a pressure plate to wall it in when it attacked the booth - They'd forgotten to make sure the author wasn't walled in with the ooze. Szilard's screaming was muffled by the box, but with any luck whatever the goo was it wasn't getting out now.

The writers started cheering that whatever it was was contained. Penguinator loudest of all. So loud, that he drew everyone's attention. He was celebrating the death of the writer, more than he was celebrating the capture of the goo. The crowd, which was much smaller than it used to be only a couple days ago, grumbled and frowned at this. The recent deaths were no good thing, and if Penguinator was going to be happy over one, he was going to be the victim of one. A rope was produced from somewhere (It looked oddly like it had been braided from paper), and slung over the overhead lights. Some adept knots, and quickly he was hanging there by his neck. The crowd dispersed after that, horrified at what they had done, but feeling just.

Spoiler
    Show
    Szilard was a victim of an accident. He was a Suicide Bomber and Kung-Fu master, and a member of the Action Addict and Worshiper factions.

Penguinator celebrated the wrong thing. He was a Publisher and Thief, and a member of the Shipper and Crosser factions.

Night 3 Starts

Night will end tomorrow, on Thursday.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

I should have updated by now.

Sorry, Thursdays are generally bad days for my internet usage, and my day today has been eaten up by reading Forum Emblem/signing up.

If there are questions in the QTs, sorry I haven't answered them yet, I haven't looked at them Thursday or today, I'll try to get to anything asked in the morning, and update then.

Jeez, it's like I have a responsibility here that I'm ignoring...

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

After an unexpected day of picking up a TV and visiting with relatives, I have recorded what happens tonight. I will still take me an hour or three to post an update, but at least I have semicoherant notes.

*wipes sweat off brow*

Game's still not over (it will take one more night), but I want to thank you all for participating in what has possibly been the shortest WW in history.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    Game's still not over (it will take one more night), but I want to thank you all for participating in what has possibly been the shortest WW in history.
    Yes, with the mass murders every night, it's soon over.
    Dethy is probably even shorter, but I'm not entirely sure...
    Quick summary of Dethy:
    1 wolf, 5 seers with different abilities. (normal, fool, paranoid (everyone scries evil), naive (everyone scries good) and what was the last one?)
    Played in 2, maybe 3 nights.
    Probably better explained by the inventor of this WW variant (no idea who this might be)

Spoiler
    Show

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Dethy's definitely shorter, two nights maximum.

Sapo ran the last one, I don't know if he started it, but it seems like something he would come up with.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

17. - Top - End - #137

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    Dethy's definitely shorter, two nights maximum.

Sapo ran the last one, I don't know if he started it, but it seems like something he would come up with.
    Emperor DemonKing came up with it, Sapo took it over.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Night 3 Ends

With the goo captured, any remaining barrels of it were being thrown in with the seemingly sentient blob. With this being done, rather than putting it in trucks out back, across the warehouse, it was going much quicker, and the booths were completed. Every one decorated exactly how it's owner wanted it, with writings on display and swag to give out. Right on time, the Con would open in the morning.

Humming while he worked on his portable printing press, Super Dark33 set out the letters he'd need for the last page of his book. Very carefully, he locked each into it's appropriate place, and picked up a paper to print it on. "You know, you could have just used a digital printer, instead of this old thing," prompted a voice. Instantly, Grue Bait joined him from out of the shadows under a table. "Get back down! You said you though Usourselves&we might be a Grue, we're testing it out!".
    "I said he might like Glue. You know, as in he might like to be glued, to a table saw for example?"
    "Oh. Well, if that's what you mean, lets go grab Lex-Kat and get out of here."

C'Nor and Xanmyral were having a mock-fencing duel, with Ramsus refereeing. C'Nor had just driven Xan's nested-paper-towel-tube-sword into the ground with his Rolled-Up-Newspaper, causing it to come apart and reducing it's size by half, when Super Dark and Grue Bait walked up, Lex in tow, carrying various weaponry, such as Plushie-Nunchacku, Toothbrush-Daggers, and other swag that would have been given away in the morning if it's rightful owner weren't dissolved already. "Where's And We?"
    "Beats me. You aren't planning on getting rid of him, are you? 'cause we can settle this right here, right now?"

The resulting battle between the six of them resulted in them parrying and advancing all across the building. The "Click-plock" and "pluff-Shzszhszsh!" of the makeshift weapons exchanging blows barely echoing at all. The last blow was struck, and a time out called, as the sun started to break and the lights turned themselves back on. "Why? Why were we fighting again?" "I... *hoof*... I don't remember." "Greetings."

The six combatants turned to see &we poised over a large switch, wires running from it in all directions, so thick it was almost a wire carpet. It formed a perfect circle, the wires ending at the border, where large sticks of dynamite, packs of C4, and various cherry bombs and explosives were rigged. All seven of them were standing in the circle, and various pages and decorations taken from their booths could be seen piled around the switch itself. A single push, and it was all over for them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Usourselves&we died laughing. He was a Suicide Bomber and Thief, and a member of the Anti-Ender and Shipper factions.

Superdark33 was disarmed. He was a Publisher and Journalist, and a member of the Shipper and Anti-Ender factions.

Ramsus learned Kung-Fu from the frequent use against him. He was a Journalist and Evil Editor, and a member of the Action Addict and Crosser factions.

Xanmyral fought left handed. He was a Journalist and Detective, and a member of the Crosser and Worshiper factions.

C'Nor forgot about the Spanish-to-Klingon Dictionary he was using as a shield. He was a Proof Reader and Trap Master, and a member of the Scenery Shippers and Anti-Ender Factions.

Grue Bait was superstitious about stepping in shadows. He was a Detective and Proof Reader, and a member of the Shipper and Scenery Shipper factions.

Lex-Kat was too busy holding everyone else's weapons to fight. She was a Journalist and Detective, and a member of the Worshiper and Scenery Shipper factions.

The Crossers have been eliminated!

Day 4 Begins

Should end in 48 hours, on Tuesday.
    Four writers remain! Who will come out, victorious?!

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    Usourselves&we died laughing.
    Quite accurate. Really liked that narration.

Who decided to kill us anyhow?
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

20. - Top - End - #140

I can't believe this awful fic where all the characters were re-imagined as GnomeGninjas of themselves.
    Avatar by Dirtytabs - Much gratitude

21. - Top - End - #141
    Orc in the Playground

Remaining players:
    EvilRoeSlade
    Lemonus
    GnomeGninjas
    Matthias2207

Spoiler
    Show

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Matthias2207

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

Shipperender brothers! you will win for me!
    Despite everything, its still me.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

Nice narration, C'Nor flabort.

EDIT: Wrong game, right narration.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2012-02-27 at 08:44 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

25. - Top - End - #145
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Nice narration, C'Nor.
    C'nor? Our narrator is the wonderful Flabort! How could you hurt dear Flabby's feelings?!

Edit: It's okay Flabort, I liked your narration.
    Last edited by Grue Bait; 2012-02-27 at 08:33 PM.
    Avatar by whatever Zjoot became.
    Will take suggested phrases in sig. PM with ideas
    Am I missed in my absence?

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Heheh,
    I understand mistakes well, don't worry.
    Hmm, maybe I should have gotten C'Nor to co-narrate. Oh, well, bit too late.
    No, seriously, I make bad mistakes all the time. Don't worry about it.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground

Where is Lemonus and why didn't he vote yet?

Spoiler
    Show

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

He's in my D&D group, and he hasn't posted his turn either...

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Day should end now. But busy.

Stupid real life.

Day extended 24 hours.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Am I dead yet?