Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 330 of 1493
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    TheFallenOne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    The Quiet Mind

    Malgaris hesitates a moment, but then nods. "I suppose I can show you, but after that you must leave, I hav other business to attend to." He leads Keeva inside his house, and following on his heels she now realizes how tall he is, the top of her head not reaching the rough edges of his skinny shoulders.
    The main room is filled with books and weapons in various states of repair, both of them looking old and rare. After some moments, he comes back carrying a big, strange weapon with unexpected ease. The lower part of the black wooden shaft is broken off and likely would have been longer. The blades of the weapon, so to speak, are various sets of antlers fitted to the shaft, many of the prongs broken. "Darkwood shaft, antlers from dire mooses, the smaller ones from a stag. Tips and structural weak points reinforced with mithral. From the forging technique I'm certain it was made by an orcish smith named Gruzz'or, of whom I have studied some other artifacts. It had also a magical enchantment, but it was lost when the weapon was broken, though enough residue remained to have the weapon stand the test of time. Otherwise I wouldn't have it here - I couldn't sleep well at night if people knew me to collect magical weaponry."

    The Ravens Glory -> Silverscales

    The food proves to be quite enjoyable - roast quail for Aya, duck stuffed with a selection of fresh herbs for Jorran, partridge for Mirielle - though perhaps a bit too dry under their thick, buttery sauces with a lot of fire. Magnus perhaps got the best pick when they didn't have lamb or mutton and decided to go with the house's special - the Two Mountains Pladder, a large oval trencher laden with a mountain of crisp little mushrooms in batter at one end and a sagging obelisk of plump little striped Reach snails basking in butter and wine at the other, a sight and feast to behold.

    Silverscales, at the docksides of the town, is outside the city walls and a quite seedy and rough neighborhood, the alleys without names and many of the shops without signs, and the smell of fish is pervasive wherever you go.
    Misti Marva's Moonlight Pawnshop is one of the few establishements featuring a sign, though faded and worn; a seated black cat shilhouetted against a full moon. The shop features a wide assortment of pawned goods, and Misti is found chatting with a female elf with a monkey sitting on her shoulder. Both women are exceptionally pretty and skillfully dressed in a way that is not too posh for docksiders, but not too shabby for the upper classes to consort with either.
    At your entrance, both of them abruptly stop their conversation and frown in puzzlement for a moment. "Well, that's a surprise. Certainly didn't expect you guys to walk over my doorstep."
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2012-03-16 at 01:21 PM.
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!



  2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Cardea's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    TRAINTIEDUPHELP

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Keeva
    The Quiet Mind

    "So, even if the magic is broken, it still has longevity? That's fascinating. Antlers for blades, though? Haven't heard of anything like that; must have been a beauty in its prime. Wish I coulda seen it. My old master joked sometimes, that I should forget about this teaching nonsense and go into collecting or open some sort of museu-" Keeva stops herself. "Sorry. I ramble. Yeah, I imagine that if you started collectin' up weapons, thieves'd be all in a tizzy tryin' to rob you, whether they're under the cover of night or wearin' a uniform. I'd offer to try and repair it, but I feel it'd be out of place for me to do so. Do any of these have a name? And do you have any more? My old master didn't have much in the way of history."
    Avatar drawn by LostOne, many praises and prayers be to he.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajadea View Post
    Your $0.02 is a very large $0.02, Cardea.

  3. - Top - End - #303
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Mirielle glances at her companions and then down at her cassock. "Hmmm. I suppose one wouldn't, at that. Sorry. I'm Mirielle and these," she says, indicating her companions in turn, "are my friends, Aya, Magnus, and Jorran. Are one of you Ms. Marva? I was told that she might have some information about a man I'm looking for."
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep/Spring Greenman by Comissar

  4. - Top - End - #304
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    May 2010

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Magnus hears the rather icy greeting, and a thought flits across the back corners of his mind... I suppose she'd have been more at ease if we skipped or hopped over her doorstep...

    The thought amuses Magnus, and the corners of his mouth turn up slightly. He remains silent, however, allowing Mirielle to conduct her business without interruption.
    All of this has happened before...
    and all of this will happen again.

    Moving. Internet access is a bit spotty.

  5. - Top - End - #305
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    TheFallenOne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    The Quiet Mind

    "Oh, yes. It's called a sugliin, one of the more unconventional weapons primarily used by primitive northern tribes who haven't developed refined metalworking yet. As you can see from the mihral parts, this is a more sophisticated adaption. And I don't wish it repaired, the influence of another hand would taint whatever this weapon can tell us about the past.
    Anyway, you have to leave now. If you wish to learn more about weapons like this one, come back in two days, I'll have more time on my hand then. And if by then you can tell me more about this Heart of Gold I might help you with the research - but I need more than you gave me, I don't have the time to chase ghosts."

    Misti Marva's Moonlight Pawnshop

    "I'm Misti Marva", the blackhaired human woman sans monkey says with a friendly smile now her surprise has worn off. "Call me Misti. This is my companion, Vanet. And I know who you are; news travels fast, and the copperskins chasing people through the streets, crossbowmen on the roofs and all that is rather big news.
    So, this man you seek, is it someone who'd prefer not to be found?" she asks with an impish grin. "I'm not one to withold favors from my friends, but my friendship has to be earned. I'll trade you information for information. Tell me what that chase was all about and I'll help you."
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2012-03-17 at 09:56 AM.
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!



  6. - Top - End - #306
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Misti Marva's Moonlight Pawnshop

    "That sounds more than fair. From what I've heard, you're a friend I'd greatly like to make," Mirielle says. "Anyway, Misti, Lord Blacktree wanted to speak with Jorran about a job that he'd done a while back. Ambrath found out, and being the obese snake that he is, had us kidnapped. He paid us to lure whoever was to meet us somewhere where Ambrath's men could catch him.... Actually, paid probably isn't the best word, since it implies we had a choice in the matter."

    Mirielle pauses and decides to gloss over her and Jorran's inability to follow Ambrath's instructions--better to be considered arrogant than incompetent. "None of us were terribly enamored with Ambrath, so we didn't feel obliged to go through with our bargain. Instead we followed the man who'd been sent by Blacktree. The lord was fairly pleasant, actually. Promised to arrange things so that Ambrath would find us boring.

    "That's really all there is to that story. Blacktree let us go, and we went on our business.

    "So, I've given you that information; hopefully you have some for me. An elf named Cybrarvain is supposed to be in Ravens Bluff." The easy smile that Mirielle had been wearing suddenly turns grim. "And you're right, he definitely doesn't want to be found by now. Certainly not by me. He's an assassin by trade, and an arsonist by hobby. He would have come to town recently, and probably been in contact with people who have both gold and enemies to spare.

    "I know it's probably quite a long shot to hope that you would know where to find him, but I was hoping you could at least point me in the direction of someone who does."
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-03-19 at 03:47 AM.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep/Spring Greenman by Comissar

  7. - Top - End - #307
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    TheFallenOne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Misti Marva's Moonlight Pawnshop

    The blonde Elven woman giggles when Mirielle calls Ambrath an 'obese snake', and Misti Marva can't hold back a smile either, forming dimples on her cheeks. "So they're escalating their little proxy war... Well, good to know."

    After Mirielle completes her tale, Misti furrows her brow and silently whispers with Vanet for a moment before answering. "One thing I can tell you now - 'Cybrarvain' is no name an Elven couple is likely to give their child. It's likely not the name he was born with, but a moniker he chose for himself later. As for finding him, I'm your best bet, that's why you came here I surmise. I'll ask my contacts and see what I can do, and anything more you know about him - age, looks, modus operandi and prior jobs of him you know about - would help. But be aware this draws attention and if he has friends and contacts in the Bluff himself he could learn about these inquiries."
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2012-03-17 at 12:19 PM.
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!



  8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Misti Marva's Moonlight Pawnshop

    "Copperskins aren't as bright as they gleam, but Ambrath's savvy enough. His wizard's pretty good, too," Aya interjects with a grin, turning away from an idle inspection of the pawn shop's wares. "I don't think he was actually trying all that hard to get the information."

    "Anyway, Mirielle, don't worry too much about news getting out. Sure, keeping it quiet's better if you can, but like I said, if Cybrarvain doesn't want to be found, he's not competent enough to keep it that way, and if he does, learning you're looking will only speed a resolution."
    Last edited by Sallera; 2012-03-17 at 07:01 PM.
    Thanks to Arokh for the avatar.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  9. - Top - End - #309
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Misti Marva's Moonlight Pawnshop

    "Or he wanted me to come here so he could eliminate a witness," Mirielle says sourly. "Well, I suppose there's no helping it. I need to find him.

    "I don't know much about him other than what I told you. A male elf, apparently available to the highest bidder. He likes to use fire, but I don't think he's a spellcaster. At least, he didn't use magic last time, just alchemist's fire. The most recent job I know about was in Chondath, the Kelemvorite library." She hesitates for a moment before adding "He also may have been involved in burning down the house of a merchant family in Hlath a little more than eight years ago, the Greyhomes. My adopted parents', actually."
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-03-19 at 04:00 AM. Reason: Apparently I can't spell "know"
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep/Spring Greenman by Comissar

  10. - Top - End - #310
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    TheFallenOne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Misti Marva's Moonlight Pawnshop

    Misti nodded at the green-skinned elf. "Aya, was it? You indeed do well not to underestimate them. Ambrath has a good sense for monetary matters, while Beregor has a keen strategic mind and is an expert at reading people. What's worse, Ambrath knows when to listen to his advisor. To be honest I'm quite surprised you managed to get away in the first place."

    After Mirielle's grim tale concludes, she says "I see, it's a quite personal matter. My condolences, for what it's worth.
    I'll look into it, if I find out anything I will contact you. Don't worry, I'll find you unless you actively try to hide."
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2012-03-18 at 01:43 PM.
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!



  11. - Top - End - #311
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Misti Marva's Moonlight Pawnshop

    "Thank you." Mirielle says with a sad smile. She turns to leave, but then thinks of something. "One of my duties is to deal with undead, and I've gotten fairly good at it. I know that when they crop up in less wealthy neighborhoods, those in power don't move as quickly as they might. If, gods forbid, that happens in Silverscales, let me know and I'll see what I can do. Good afternoon, Misti, Vanet." She nods at the two women, pushes the door open, and steps outside.

    "Well," Mirielle once the four are standing outside the pawn shop, "that took less time than I was expecting. Less gold, too. Is there anything one of you wanted to do that I can help with the rest of the afternoon?"
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-03-19 at 04:05 AM.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep/Spring Greenman by Comissar

  12. - Top - End - #312
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    May 2010

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Magnus steps out of the shop, looking over his shoulder at something on one of the shelves absentmindedly for a moment, before realizing someone was speaking to him.

    "Help? Oh, no. No. I have little I intend to do today. All things considered, I'd prefer to spend the day taking care of a few purchases. I've handled much of it; all I really need to do now is locate somewhere I can get alchemicals, and after that, I'll be free for the day."
    All of this has happened before...
    and all of this will happen again.

    Moving. Internet access is a bit spotty.

  13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    "Oh, I don't know if we have yet," Aya replies easily. "But a bit of miscommunication goes a long way, and as I said, I don't think he was too invested in the outcome. Anyway, it was nice meeting you. I'll keep you in mind if I come across anything interesting."

    Outside, she turns to Mirielle with a smile. "Yeah, he might want to; that's what I was suggesting. But even good assassins have trouble with a target that knows they're coming, so as long as you don't spend too much time alone in easy-to-reach places, you should be fine. And once we're ready for him..."

    "Well, I'll walk with you back to the nicer neighbourhoods, but I don't need help with anything today. I've just got an errand to run."
    Thanks to Arokh for the avatar.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  14. - Top - End - #314
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    TheFallenOne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Please do remember to include your location at the top of your post. It's not that important when almost the whole party is in the same place, but when you're split up it helps.
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!



  15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2008

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Misti Marva's Moonlight Pawnshop
    "As I said, I'm happy to coast along for now. I am in no hurry." Jorran felt a small measure of loyalty to the group after their shared wrongful imprisonment, and their goals seemed at least somewhat heroic. While he wouldn't normally care for such, it seemed prudent given his current situation. He was also a stranger in a strange place; those more familiar with the inner workings of Ravens Bluff would be valuable acquaintances.
    Frog in the playground.

    My homebrewer's extended signature.

    I have Str 5!

    Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

  16. - Top - End - #316
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Misti Marva's Moonlight Pawnshop

    "Well then," Mirielle says, stretching in the sea breeze, "I'm going to leave a note for Keeva and then do a little poking around. I'll head back to the Sanctuary around sunset, if you'd like to meet for dinner."

    Once the group leaves Silverscales, Mirielle heads for the Sanctuary, where she borrows another sheet of parchment from Wilander and leaves Keeva a note:

    Hi Keeva,
    You left early, so I didn't get to let you know: the rest of us had lunch, where I made Jorran, Magnus, and Aya a proposition. If you'd like to meet for dinner and hear me out, I'll be back here around sunset.
    -Mirielle

    That done, she heads off, first to pick up some gear.

    Spoiler
    Show
    How do you feel about a Masterwork Tool for Gather Information (a well-designed organizer for keeping track of what people have told me) and Knowledge: Local (a travel guide to the Vast)?
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep/Spring Greenman by Comissar

  17. - Top - End - #317
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    TheFallenOne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    hm, no. MW tools for physical skills and knowledge are sensibe enough(and they need to occupy a body slot, like padded boots for Move Silently or a cloak for Hide), but others less so.

    Knowledge Local covers too many things, like the most current rumors, to benefit from a book or travel guide.
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!



  18. - Top - End - #318
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    May 2010

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Misti Marva's Moonlight Pawnshop (leaving)

    After leaving the rougher side of town, Magnus begins poking around the city, looking for somewhere that sells alchemical products.
    All of this has happened before...
    and all of this will happen again.

    Moving. Internet access is a bit spotty.

  19. - Top - End - #319
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    TheFallenOne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    there are a couple places that sell alchemicals; easiest would be quickly asking your companions and getting the directions to Wyrmhoard from Aya. If you want another place roll a Gather Information.

    You can just scratch off the money and pick up the items long as it's nothing overly exotic. I think we should aim at moving the plot forward a bit.
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!



  20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    The Turning Wheel

    Well, I guess I've got three reasons to get this thing fixed, now, and only one not to. Sorry for the deception, even by omission, but it's better than stirring up church troubles, right? Removing her glove and tucking it in her pack, Aya heads toward the temples again, this time making her way to the Turning Wheel. Ducking inside, she looks around for a likely-looking devotee.

    "Hello? I hear you offer a repair service here for unusual items..."
    Thanks to Arokh for the avatar.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  21. - Top - End - #321
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    May 2010

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    @DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wyrmhoard is fine. Dropped the hint that I was looking for somewhere that sells alchemicals a few times, didn't get anything, so I thought I'd meander the city, haha.

    Alchemicals needed are:
    Antitoxin
    Tanglefoot bag


    After making purchases, Magnus will return to his room in the Sanctuary, exiting once in the evening to eat.

    Melds for tomorrow:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Silvertongue Mask (Expanded) -Shaped to throat (2)
    Truthseeker Goggles -Shaped to Brow (3)
    Astral Vambraces -Shaped to Arms (0)

    Melds give +8 to Gather Information, Search, and Sense Motive, as well as +6 to Bluff and Diplomacy.

    This brings these skills to: Bluff +5, Diplomacy +5, Gather Information +7, Search +10, Sense Motive +8. With any luck, that will help me out tomorrow.
    All of this has happened before...
    and all of this will happen again.

    Moving. Internet access is a bit spotty.

  22. - Top - End - #322
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    TheFallenOne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    sorry, failed to address that

    if you guys feel uninspired what to do with the rest of the day, you can just fill it with Gather Information checks and offscreen shopping. Since there are no active scenes(Keeva at the Quiet Mind and Aya at the Wheel should be wrapped up with one or two more posts each I think) it's a good time as any


    THe Turning Wheel

    The Gondian temple is somewhat smaller and less pompous than the others seen so far, though the huge clockwork hands showing the time above the entrance do look impressive enough, the casing made of glass or some other transparent material to show the mechanism's interior turning steadily.

    It comes as a small surprise the priest greeting Aya is a gnome, thick goggles strapped on his forehead. "You heard almost right, we repair whatever you got, be it a cart, a crossbow or just a shoe. But sounds like you have something interesting in mind, let's see what you have."
    He takes the spyglass, inspecting it from every angle for over a minute, ahing and hming all the while.
    "Well, the casing is bent, and the eyepiece lens is fractured. Lonkin is working with lenses for his current project, I'm sure he or one of his assistants can handle it. For something so intricate we have to charge 150 gold, half up front. Should be finished in three days, first thing in the morning."

    Spoiler
    Show
    if you accept you get a signed receipt for the broken spyglass and 75 GP advance
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!



  23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Cardea's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    TRAINTIEDUPHELP

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Keeva
    The Quiet Mind -> Potions, Lotions and Notions

    "Understood on all accounts, sir. I'll be sure to have more in two days, and I'll see you then; this is a fantastic place. Good day." Keeva says, and she makes her way out of the building. Once outside, she adjusts the strap on her crossbow, and heads out. She makes way for Potions, Lotions and Notions, in hopes of seeing what exactly is all the commotion is about from the outside.
    Avatar drawn by LostOne, many praises and prayers be to he.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajadea View Post
    Your $0.02 is a very large $0.02, Cardea.

  24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    The Turning Wheel

    "Good, that sounds fair." Aya hands over the spyglass and the coin, tucking the receipt safely away in one of her pack's smaller pockets. "I'll be back then, I hope. Thanks!"

    Business taken care of, Aya waits only until she is out of sight of the temple before replacing her glove, then makes the best of the afternoon and evening exploring the city and asking questions, pausing only at sunset to pray and eat a light meal at a nearby park. She did have two jobs to do here, after all, and she couldn't necessarily count on things that needed taking care of making their way to the ears of the Halls of Mystery, so she takes advantage of her lack of sleep, not returning to the Sanctuary until midnight.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Figure that ought to be time for two Gather Information checks.
    (1d20)[5] on what kinds of things have come up from Sarbreen in the past; she's curious about how secure the seals are likely to be
    (1d20)[20] on any rumors of magical trouble of the sort she might feel obliged to look into
    She'll also at least pass by the harbour, seeing if Asam's ship is still around; that vision, if it can be called such, is still bothering her, even if she feels she can't do much about it.
    Thanks to Arokh for the avatar.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  25. - Top - End - #325
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    After picking up a few things, Mirielle heads out to talk to her new neighbors. Remembering her promise to Misti, she thinks it wise to find out about any necromancers or undead outbreaks in the city's recent history.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I assume there's time for two checks.
    (1d20+5)[6]
    (1d20+5)[6]
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-03-20 at 08:25 PM.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep/Spring Greenman by Comissar

  26. - Top - End - #326
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    TheFallenOne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Potions, Lotions and Notions

    This two-story stone building is nailed shut ans seems to have seen neither use nor maintenance for some time. It's still in good repair, though it has accumulated a certain degree of vines and bird droppings that make it stand out from the neighboring buildings.

    Sallera
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gather Information 5 - unsuccessful
    Gather Information 20 - Clue Card acquired

    Dining on Wild Magic
    Spoiler
    Show
    Chemcheaux was a consortium of independent artificers and magical crafters until a dozen years ago it vanished in a huge explosion that could be seen from well beyond the city walls, killing the owner Mortimer and at least one other crafter. Since then, spells cast in that city block have a tendency to go awry and out of control.
    The enterprising short, round man Veldarno Khalabari bought the property and built The Raven's Glory there. Business has been exceptionally well for years and Veldarno is determined go join the nobility, earning the nickname 'the little persistence' for proposing marriage to every single lady or widow of noble blood repeatedly.


    The Arianna is still here, but not where you last saw it. You arrived in Clearwater Harbor, a short inquiry reveals it is docked in Seaglimpse for repairs


    Jeff the Green
    Spoiler
    Show
    no success on either roll I fear
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!



  27. - Top - End - #327
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Mirielle returns to the Sanctuary around sunset, weary and somewhat dejected. It wasn't so much that she hadn't found someone to talk to as much as... well, the wrong someones. A group of farmers had brought their pigs--pardon, "pegs"--to market and had convinced Mirielle to drink with them. Not only did they know nothing about undead in the area, they seemed to be unable to speak of anything but animal husbandry. The way they spoke of it left Mirielle with the uncomfortable feeling that the phrase was a euphemism for something.

    She heads to her room and performs her evening devotions. Perhaps a bit of divine guidance will help avoid a repeat of the afternoon's misadventures.
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-03-21 at 06:39 AM.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep/Spring Greenman by Comissar

  28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Cardea's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    TRAINTIEDUPHELP

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Keeva
    Potions, Lotions and Notions -> The Sanctuary

    Keeva makes a mental note of the shop, hoping to enlist some of her... friends, she supposed, to help her investigate the shop. This place was as good as any to look for information on the Heart, who knows? She might be able to fill up her Reserves. She had a couple of smaller projects she wanted to work on, and she couldn't do so with the energy she had stored up yet. As talented as she was as crafting and tinkering, it was still magic: and it required a price.

    She heads off back to the Sanctuary, hoping to find some of her friends, and something to eat.
    Avatar drawn by LostOne, many praises and prayers be to he.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajadea View Post
    Your $0.02 is a very large $0.02, Cardea.

  29. - Top - End - #329
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    May 2010

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Out and About (the next day):

    Spoiler
    Show
    Magnus stirs early, as he usually does. He quietly gets out of bed, and meditates on friendships, on acquaintanceships. He ponders all the street hustlers he has seen ply their trade, all the creatures he has fought that begged for mercy. He searches the depths of his soul slowly, methodically. This is the type of investigation he likes. Not the split second glance to spot something amiss, but the careful, measured searching that reveals things meant hidden. As his thoughts become clearer, a silvery shifting mask takes shape, covering everything from his nose downward, fusing into his collarbone, and cerulean lenses take shape, hovering barely an inch from his eyes, and just above his nose. After donning his armor, slowly, he seems to be covered from head to toe in metal, with the exception of his head, which he leaves unhelmeted.

    His preparations complete, he steps out into the town, purchasing a simple meal from the nearest open establishment he can find, and heads out, seeking town guardsmen, as well as those homeless that frequent the sewers, in an attempt to wrangle a bit of information on Sarbreen.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Gather Information: (1d20+7)[25]
    Gather Information: (1d20+7)[9]

    Attempting to discover information on possible entrances to Sarbreen, and what, if anything, is known to escape to the surface. The two checks should take about 7ish hours, taking me from 7am to early afternoon, unless time for these is working differently than the rules.
    All of this has happened before...
    and all of this will happen again.

    Moving. Internet access is a bit spotty.

  30. - Top - End - #330
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    TheFallenOne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    The next day

    Aya
    Spoiler
    Show
    the room is in good condition. You even find a single silver piece hidden between the leafs

    you again visit the same scene, this time holding on some 5 seconds longer. And you learn the reason the blond guy isn't beside you: when going up to the ship's wheel, you not only see Asam up there, but also yourself, talking to him


    Magnus
    Spoiler
    Show
    You learn of two specific entrances:
    There's an underwater entrance if you dive near the southernmost dock in Silverscales.
    Someone heard an adventurer claim a dwarf in the Sixstar neighborhood has a secret entrance in his cellar, he let's you in if you have the password, which is something in Dwarven.

    it's been a while since anything escaped up into the city, with one exception: three weeks ago, an infestation of tomb spiders in the third level of Sarbreen was destroyed by a group of adventurers. With all grown spiders slain, the remaining broodlings scattered, some finding their way up to the city.
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •