1. - Top - End - #331
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

Out and about

Remainder of day:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Leave a note below, in the early afternoon, then spend more time hunting down Information of a more personal nature:

Gather Information: (1d20+7)[22]
    Gather Information: (1d20+7)[18]

Looking for information on Dwarven smiths in the city, particularly if they have any specialized skills towards crafting magic gear. Looking for any connections they may have towards Sarbreen, primarily.

Side note: If it seems that I've not touched base with my friends, that's intentional.

Note left, shortly after lunch, at the Sanctuary. Any partymembers who pass that way:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Re: Sarbreen

Found an entry, though not an incredibly convenient one. Still tracking down information on known hazards. If you need to reach me, leave a note by this evening. Otherwise, I'll be tracking down information tomorrow as well.

-M
    All of this has happened before...
    and all of this will happen again.

Moving. Internet access is a bit spotty.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

@Cardea
    Spoiler
    Show
    Since we've moved on, why don't we say Mirielle and Keeva went to dinner, where Mirielle explained the Cybrarvain situation?

The City

Mirielle rises early and buys a small breakfast of fruit and bread from a street vendor. She walks as she eats, first to the nearest Red Ravens hall, where she warns the captain that Cybrarvain is in town. "Nothing to panic about," she says, "but it would be wise to stay alert."

That done, she starts getting to know the city again. After last night's debacle, she casts a brief spell to help her out in her search.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Divine Insight (+9 insight bonus) for the first GI check.

Regarding necromancers or undead outbreaks in the recent history: (1d20+14)[34]

Regarding the villages and goblins (particularly whether the goblin tribes are acting alone, but any information will satisfy her):
    (1d20+5)[20]

Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-03-23 at 05:05 AM.
    Author of The Auspician's Handbook and The Tempestarian's Handbook for Spheres of Power.
    Ask me (or the other authors) anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lateral View Post
    Well, of course I'm paranoid about everything. Hell, with Jeff as DM, I'd be paranoid even if we were playing a game set in The Magic Kiddie Funland of Perfectly Flat Planes and Sugar Plums.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Spring Greenman by Comissar/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

Magnus
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Iron Bull in Swordspoint is a Dwarf and likely the most skilled smith in the whole Bluff. Reputedly he can make magical armor, but only bothers to do so for special pieces like say Owlfeather Armor, never your run of the mill fullplate +X. Most smiths here only make the base armor and leave the enchanting so someone else since with Quehulio's and the wzizard's guild they have a rather big pool of people with item creation feats.
    The Iron Bull is independent and in the past the Armorer's Guild put him under a lot of pressure to join them. Some twenty years ago they reached a settlement: they leave him be, in return he takes apprentices from their ranks.
    He is interested in pieces of armor and weapon recovered from Sarbreen.

Mirielle
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm sorry to waste a nice roll of 34 but truth is there simply are no undead outbreaks in recent history to tell about.
    Necromancers are another matter. I suppose I can tell you about the guild's Dean of Necromancy if you want. There's also a rough looking fellow who after a few beer has a tale to tell about a necromancer he hunted down in Hillsfar, which somehow led him here.

Goblins
    It seems to be just goblins, including bugbears. Appearantly their leaders are some goblins with blue skin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

@TFO
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mirielle would be interested in what she can find out about the Dean of Necromancy. And just knowing that there haven't been any recent undead outbreaks is worth knowing.

Pleased that her search for Cybrarvain has brought her to a city where undead don't crop up on a regular basis, Mirielle returns to the Sanctuary where she sees Magnus's note and leaves another.

Inconveniences can sometimes be overcome with the right application of magic. When we touch base again Keeva and I can talk and figure out if there's anything we can do.

I came up with something about the Goblins that everyone should know about, certainly before anyone goes scouting.

-Mirielle

That done, she picks up lunch and starts poking around again. This time she's after more information about the Four Ravens, and their alleged scion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Another casting of Divine Insight for the first roll.
    (1d20+14)[18]
    (1d20+6)[10]
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-03-23 at 10:51 AM.
    Author of The Auspician's Handbook and The Tempestarian's Handbook for Spheres of Power.
    Well, of course I'm paranoid about everything. Hell, with Jeff as DM, I'd be paranoid even if we were playing a game set in The Magic Kiddie Funland of Perfectly Flat Planes and Sugar Plums.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Spring Greenman by Comissar/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep

5. - Top - End - #335
    Troll in the Playground

@Jeff The Green
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sounds fantastic.

Keeva
    The Next Day: The Sanctuary

Keeva gets herself ready in the morning, and gets a small meal from the Innkeeper. When she finishes up her meal, she leaves a note next to Magnus' own.

Keep me and Mirielle updated if you find anythin' magically odd, would ya? Much obliged.

-Keeva

She leaves, intending to finally get started on her research.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll take my chances with a Gather Information check. Keeva is looking for a library.

Gather Information: (1d20+1)[17]
    Just finding my roots again.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

Keeva
    Spoiler
    Show
    The High House of Magic has an extensive library.
    The temples have libraries particular to their god's domain, plus records since the temple's erection.
    The Raven Museum in Sixstar stores the old paperwork of the various government institutions(records of births, deaths, weddings, land deeds, court cases...) plus copies of old newspapers.
    The Hall of Records burned down during the war.
    Noble families and various individuals have personal libraries, which are often a sort of status symbol.

The Salty Dog

Spoiler
    Show
    A Clue Card is equivalent to a Knowledge or Gather Information of 20, so a 18 tells you nothing new unless you narrow down your field of inquiry.
    What I can tell you though for that 18 is that the Raven Museum in Sixstar was the prior headquarters of the Four Ravens.

On her inquiries, Mirielle finds herself in an establishment called The Salty Dog, a pretty rough tavern frequented mostly by sailors. While the clientele isn't to her best liking, it does seem the right place to learn a thing or two about current events.
    And indeed, she finds a promising source - a guy named Caspian, sides of the head shaven with the remaining black hair in a long ponytail, wearing the coat of a winter wolf on his shoulders over his sleeveless chainshirt. She finds him halfway through his meal, accompanied by lots of beer, and orders a beer for herself. Regularly asking for refills instead of new tankards, she manages to inebriate him good without letting him notice she herself doesn't drink a quarter as much as he does.
    "A priestess of Kelemvor, eh? I tell you, I'm not big on the whole gods and worship thing, but everyone who hunts undead and their foul creators is alright in my book. While ago, I was chasing a necromancer who fled from the Dales to Hillsfar. But get this - a paladin of Tyr was chasing him as well and we had to work together to finish the job. ME, of all people, and a freaking paladin of Tyr!" he laughs, slapping the table with a loud bang.
    "Uneasy alliance is an understatement. Almost killed each other once, had a hella time convincing him it was a damn coincidence the broken off shovel handle hit him in the face when he returned from gathering firewood.
    Wait, I'm trailing off, where was I? Ah yes, we finally get that bastard in Hillsfar. Turns out he worked for the Red Wizards of Thay, though he wasn't one of them. In his correspondences we found something interesting - the Red Whoresons had a plot here in Ravens Bluff, something with an agent in the temple of Ilmater and death of a High Priest. Only the note was cryptic, unclear whether the target is the High Priest of Ilmater or one of the others when the priests convene in their monthly deliberations.
    So we went after that and that damn Gavain - that's the paladin - somehow convinced me we need to infiltrate the temple pretending to be neophytes." His previously boisterous demeanor darkens with the memory. "That was the bloody worst thing I ever had to do. 'Cradle of Pain and Redemption' they call their place, and they're not joking, my ass. No idea where the tradition comes from, but their roof is covered in sea shells fastened with nails. And the neophytes have to push those nails in with their bare thumbs until they're a mess of blood and raw meat. Those guys are nuts!
    Anyway, you'll never guess what the real plot was", he says, picking up the last third of his greasy steak with his bare hand and biting off a huge chunk. "The High Priest of Ilmater was the culprit and the victim", he continues while chewing. "They bribed him good, offering the church of Ilmater the right to open orphanages in Thay. Old man thought Thay could be purged of its ways with time by a revolution from below, by showing those at the bottom a more worthy way to live.
    He was to commit suicide while in private audience with that Lady Lauren, priestess of Waukeen, making it look like she or her assistant were the murderer. They wanted her reputation and influence destroyed, not kill her. And the reason - oh it will hit the grapevines soon, so might as well tell you.
    It's that Quehulio's - that big magic shop. Lauren had a big proposal to the Clerical Circle - start a cooperation with the shop. Not only would Quehulio's be able to sell healing potions and whatever else you priestly types can make that wizards can't... They'd also profit from the temple's vast tax exemption. With that they could beat down their prices, becoming the premiere magic shop anywhere near the western part of the Sea of Fallen Stars. As you can imagine, the Red Wizards were quite unhappy with such plans." Caspian grins widely, using his forearm to wipe the grease from his mouth region. "And now it's done. Nice, isn't it? I had no idea hurting them with politics could be more enjoyable than directly wrangling the life out of one of the red bastards."

Spoiler
    Show
    yes, he went on quite a tangent here, but I wanted to give you something nice for that 34, especially considering this is the first time you got a decent roll. And you were bound to get that piece of news sooner or later.

The Dean of Necromancy is Terrance Trent, a plain looking man favoring simple grey robes. He's sort of shy but polite to the common folk. He tries to give his school a friendlier face, in contrast to his predecessor Paladrius Daerwood who was your classic necromancer - black-robed, sinister, threatening.
    There are reports of him being seen at two places at once. The rumors went so far the other Deans had him testify in a Zone of Truth he doesn't dabble with clones.
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

After the trip to Marva's, Jorran just goes back to the Sanctuary, though he does spend some time doing basic weapon maintenance, something he hadn't done in a while.

The next day, Jorran decides to go do some shopping after reading Magnus' note. If they might be going to the ruins under the city, there were some supplies Jorran could use.

Spoiler
    Show
    Jorran is going to pick up 100ft of silk rope and a grappling hook.
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

Everywhere and Nowhere

Seeing myself through another's eyes, hm? Well, it's a message of some sort, although whether it's from you or me I can't tell yet... I don't think I said anything then I'd worry about another hearing, and if someone's following me around, they'd have to be nigh-invisible, or actually invisible, to escape my notice for so long... still not enough information. It's probably nothing of the sort. Why there?

Only two days, and the recurring vision was already starting to get to her. It probably had something to do with the sheer oddity of it; never having dreamed, she lacked a proper point of reference for the surreal. Leaving her room shortly before dawn, Aya whispers a short prayer as she goes, bringing the world once more into sharper focus. If there was something she'd been missing, perhaps she'd see it this time; if not, at least a walk through the dawn city would be pleasant with enhanced vision.

She visits the Halls of Mystery first, checking with the priests as promised, and if they have no requests for her, she heads for the crafters' areas, searching through her memory until she recalls the marks she was searching for. She was still considering just how to go about her task, but the better she knew the target, the more options she'd have.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the break there, was really tired yesterday and I was kind of blanking on what to do. Enough checks here to fill half the day, at least, so this ought to catch up.

Aya will cast Hawkeye before leaving the Sanctuary, for +5 to Spot for 40 minutes, just in case.

Assuming the priests have nothing they need a member of the Order for, more Gather Information checks.
    (1d20)[5] - the smith's mark, and the reputation and standing of whichever guild or individual bears it
    (1d20)[11] - same for the leatherworkers' mark(s)
    (1d20)[9] - are there any really good vantage points around here? Somewhere that'd let you see a good part of the city, and is (ideally, although not required to be) relatively quiet?

Well, that was a productive morning. Now I'm hoping Dalair does have something for her, if only to save ten wasted hours.
    Last edited by Sallera; 2012-05-15 at 02:38 PM.
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

Jorran
    Spoiler
    Show
    consider it done. I'm afraid I can't give you much more than that when you only go shopping for common items.

The Halls of Mystery

Aya is in a short casual conversation with Dalair when the sound of heels on marble announces someone behind her, and indeed a melodic voice calls out provocatively "Well, hello there." Turning around, she doesn't fail to notice the priest visibly flinching when he looks over her shoulder.
    The Elven woman is lushly built for her race, her silky blond hair flowing down her robes. They are still recognizable as wizard's garments, though tailored like something one would wear to a revel - dressed both to impress and shock. She looks Aya up and down, and her inviting smile seems to falter for a moment, but she quickly recovers.
    "Oh, I'm sorry, forgive me for staring. It's just I never had the pleasure to make the acquaintance with a brother or sister of your blood. I'm Beliande Moonglow, Dean of Enchantment at the High House of Magic. If I might ask my dear, who might you be? A fellow practitioner of the Art perhaps?"

Spoiler
    Show
    well, not the priest, but a chance encounter you have

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

TFO
    Spoiler
    Show
    Would Keeva be able to know anything more about those locations, from that GI check? If not, here's another:
    (1d20+1)[21]

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    you know where those buildings are and the nature of their contents, anything else in particular you wish to know?

Well, access maybe... Museum is 2 GP and you are free to browse for a day. Temples it largely depends whether you share their faith or not. Wizards Guild is free for members of the third circle or above, other casters can gain supervised access after signing the guild ledger(no membership, but making you a registered spellcaster, which comes with a fee to the city. Casting offensive spells or abusing magic in another way without being registered vastly increases the sentence, a precaution against infitrators and criminals from without). Non-casters can't gain access, but for the right fee can order a research into something.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Troll in the Playground

TFO
    Spoiler
    Show
    If its not too much of a stretch, what Temples would Keeva be able to know about?
    I would presume that the Museum would have newspapers on the burning down of the Hall of Records, correct?
    Where exactly did the Hall of Records used to stand?
    Do any Noble Families or these individuals have public libraries?

What does it cost/take to join the Guild?

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    the 12 civic temples mentioned in the OOC plus Lliira. Those you know the location of are marked on the map.
    Presumably, yes.
    The Hall was in Gowntown.
    No, private libraries only.

Being able to cast 2nd level arcane spells from memory without assistance of items. 1000 GP to join, another fee everytime you advance rank.
    There are provisions though for promising individuals not fulfilling these criteria - like Artificers - to become associates instead of full members.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

The Halls of Mystery

Noted, is Aya's first thought as she catches the priest's reaction. And notable, as the other elf clearly understands the meaning of her unusual colouring. There were always at least a few who knew, wherever she went, a few who couldn't be brushed off by the almost-truth of a pact with the 'forest.' But the Pact was not, thankfully, a conscious decision, and while she had chosen to strengthen hers, its mere existence was simply a curiosity to outsiders.

Well, if Dalair's response to her mere presence was any indication, the woman was a troublesome one, and she could guess which kind. She smiles genially at Beliande, shaking her head slightly. "Not quite, although I do serve Mystra. Aya Llewellyn, of the Order of the Shooting Star."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

The Halls of Mystery

Her eyes widen in surprise. "Indeed you are, that's the mark of the Shooting Stars. Strange, I thought Landar and his party had to relocate because of your mishap with the Gondar. Which is a pity, I remember him fondly..." She turns towards the priest, cocking her head. "He's not trying to avoid me like you are, is he Dalair?" The priest weakly shakes his head and mumbles something about temple business, scurrying off.
    The elf makes a childlike giggle at his hasty retreat. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare him off if you had something to discuss with him. It's just, some people tend to get nervous when you don't fit into their picture of social conformity.
    Say, have you ever actually met a dragon? I had the pleasure, though not as often as I'd wish. They're interesting people."
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2012-03-26 at 11:07 AM.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

The Halls of Mystery

"Oh, I wasn't with his group; I'm working on my own until they get set up and I can make contact." Social conformity or not, Aya hoped it would do the woman good to know there was a bit of oversight in the city. Not that she could do all that much on her own, but...

On the other hand, it was easier to give people like this someone they wouldn't see as a challenge, and she keeps her mien of innocent cheer. "I have, a couple times. They really are fascinating, aren't they? It's so rare to find someone who has a longer view of the world than we do."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

The Halls of Mystery

Beliande beams at Aya's answer. "Multiple times, even! This chance encounter is joyous indeed.
    I could never agree though with our long lifespan dictating us a certain way of thinking... Really, I prefer to live in the here and now, my blood just means I can do so longer than others."

She pauses a short moment before continuing. "Anyway, let's exchange tales, maybe we even have a shared acquaintance! Have you ever met a green one? I haven't unfortunately, but there's a pleasant couple of forest landwyrms in the Earthwood, they might have offspring by now... Or perhaps you know the bronze Verthichavaeri in the Earthspurs? An artsy one, I have some quite enjoyable poetry she made in the guise of a human some decades ago. Maybe you'd like to see it?"

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

The Halls of Mystery

Aya tilts her head curiously. "You've never felt the need to look ahead to what comes? 'The echoes of consequence can resound for centuries,' or that sort of thing?"

"I did meet a bronze around the Earthspurs, once. Thanyllbar, he called himself; rather melancholy fellow, said his whole life had been one long war. Perhaps they were related?" she suggests, giggling.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

19. - Top - End - #349
    Troll in the Playground

Keeva
    The Sanctuary -> Raven Museum

Keeva heads out to the Museum, spending the majority of her time looking through old newspapers regarding discoveries, looking up paperwork on the Hall of Records and, eventually, looking at some of the odder man-made objects on display.

Spoiler
    Show
    Truth be told, I've never played in this type of campaign, so things like this I'm a bit spotty on.

But Keeva will spend the majority of her day looking through paperwork/newspapers as said before. Whether she gets interrupted or if she finishes, she heads back to The Sanctuary.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

The High House of Magic

The mage shrugs nonchalantly. "Why should that only apply if you live long yourself? Others look ahead for the sake or their children and children's children, or their community, their nation or whatever they hold dear.
    What I meant was I've seen many become too detached from the here and now, lost in thought about the things to come... That's not my kind of life.

Maybe they were; I never inquired about her family, didn't seem... polite. Anyway, I gotta go back to the guild. Feel free to pay me a visit if you want to see that poetry or just chat. No one will stop you or ask too many questions when you say I invited you."
    She winks mischievously, then disappears.

Raven Museum

Spoiler
    Show
    hm, there's no research skill... Make two int checks then, I adjust DCs for lack of skill ranks.

I'd need to know which timeframe of newspapers you want to go through and what in particular you'd look out for. I'm not sure what you meant with 'discoveries''

Mirielle
    Spoiler
    Show
    the Museum, formerly of the Four Ravens, was legally forfeited to the city when the Ravens were wiped out. It holds mostly paperwork and very little objects on display in fact, though some artifacts from the first days of human settlement are there.
    There are still a lot of secret doors around, and perhaps not all of them discovered.

Trent
    nothing new

Heart of Gold
    To obscure to be in your tome. Though you do find an obscure footnote mentioning 'Golden creations' of the Dwarfs of Roldilar.

Twentyfourth of Eleint

Spoiler
    Show
    yes, we have an official date now. Repeating 'The Next Day' every time looks strange.
    That's the september equivalent. FRCS p. 76

21. - Top - End - #351
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ONE: (1d20+3)[5]
    TWO: (1d20+3)[14]

She'll search for things in the past decade, if she can.

Anything related to construction, new technology or expansion of the city.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Twenty-fourth (fifth?) of Eleint

Out and about

Spoiler
    Show
    Again, Magnus arises early, repeats his preparations, and heads out, after leaving a note for his allies. He enjoys a simple breakfast of fresh bread and cheese, before resuming his queries in the town.

Gather information for the day before the Goblins.

Gather Information: (1d20+7)[13]
    Gather Information: (1d20+7)[17]

These are to get information on the terrain surrounding the dammed area servicing the hamlets that the goblins have been extorting.

Next two will be on the leadership of the goblin group. Specifics, if possible, such as names, races, specific things that they favor, notable allies in the area, and the like.

Gather Information: (1d20+7)[8]
    Gather Information: (1d20+7)[9]

Note left on the next morning, for other PC's:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing magically odd to report from yesterday, sorry. Should be ready to go get the water flowing by tomorrow. Just want to learn a bit about where we're going, and I'll be ready. If anyone has a problem with tomorrow, leave a note, and we'll work out a better time. Else, I'll be up and about by sunrise.

-M
    Last edited by candycorn; 2012-03-28 at 01:28 AM.
    All of this has happened before...
    and all of this will happen again.

Moving. Internet access is a bit spotty.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

Keeva
    Spoiler
    Show
    there seem to have been plans to build a secondary wall to expand the borders of the town, but with the war this was given up.
    You mostly find records of buildings being repaired or built anew after the war. Among them many noble estates that were ravaged for they are outside the city wall's protection

Magnus
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bad rolls there...
    The villages are in a valley hugged by the mountains. The creek flows down the mountains and was presumably dammed before it reached flat ground. There appear to be caves in that region too.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

Twenty-fourth of Eleint, fast-track

Well, it was good to have a potential contact in the High House of Magic, even if it was someone as flighty as Beliande. Not that the woman was likely quite as careless as she seemed, given her position; Aya's own pretenses of naivete often led her to suspect the same in others.

After her lack of success the previous day, she checks in with the priests, then sets about repeating her queries in untested areas of town, not willing to give up on her potential plans after only a single failure.

Spoiler
    Show
    Same queries as yesterday, and she can probably fit in a couple extra, as well.

(1d20)[12] - the smith's mark, and the reputation and standing of whichever guild or individual bears it
    (1d20)[8] - same for the leatherworkers' mark(s)
    (1d20)[15] - are there any really good vantage points around here? Somewhere that'd let you see a good part of the city, and is (ideally, although not required to be) relatively quiet?
    (1d20)[5] - Beliande's reputation
    (1d20)[12] - Landar's, if he even has one around here
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

Aya
    Spoiler
    Show
    no strange vision this night

The mark on the weapons is of the Guild of Blacksmiths and Wheelwrights

No one recognizes the mark on the bag

Honestly need some time to evaluate that one properly. I figure you're not only looking for the highest buildings, but also those you can get on top of without getting in trouble for it?

Dalair comes to you of his own accord after she is gone. She worships Sharess and has a big network of friends, lovers and suitors. The sound of her pleasant voice often sends people running who prefer not to get into the middle of that.

No information

and for the next time it's relevant, roll me the two knowledge checks, +2 misc this time

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Something like that, yeah. Natural terrain would be better, of course, but I get the impression Ravens Bluff and its surroundings are pretty flat.

Knowledge: Fishing: (1d20+5)[6]
    Knowledge: Spinning: (1d20+5)[24]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

Twentyfourth of Eleint, Nowhere in Particular

Mirielle wakes up late, late enough to miss everyone seeing her morning note. She leaves it anyway, scrawled at the bottom of Magnus's, in case someone stops by during the day.

Sounds fine. Since we didn't talk, and this might be useful to you if you're preparing for the trip, the goblins are led by creatures called Blues. Someone apparently thought it would be a creative name for blue goblins. Anyway, they have psionic powers, sort of magic, but without the fiddly bits and incantations.

-Mirielle

After breakfast, she heads back into the city to find out more for the coming trip.

Spoiler
    Show
    Three castings of Divine Insight this time.
    Regarding the terrain where we're heading: (1d20+14)[15]
    Additional information about the Blues (favored tactics, powers they've been known to manifest, etc.): (1d20+14)[19]
    Information about the lower-ranked goblins (training, weapons, deployment): (1d20+14)[22]
    The goblins' allies, including whether they're affiliated with a church/worship a common god: (1d20+5)[24]
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-03-28 at 05:44 PM.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Titan in the Playground

Mirielle
    Spoiler
    Show
    The villages are in a valley hugged by the mountains. The creek flows down the mountains and was presumably dammed before it reached flat ground. There appear to be caves in that region too.

No one's seen the Blues in combat, they stay in the background

They are decently equipped and have outriders patrolling around the valley

They've irregularly been seen trading with other inhabitants of the mountains

Twentyfifth of Eleint

Spoiler
    Show
    I have to say by now Wilander chuckles every time you guys leave another note.

Well Sallera, moment of truth. d100 Luck Roll for what the Gondar did with the spyglass. Results of 20 or below can get... interesting

29. - Top - End - #359
    Titan in the Playground

Twenty-fifth of Eleint, The Turning Wheel

Leaving the inn shortly before dawn, Aya heads for the temple district, once again removing her glove before heading to the Turning Wheel. Waving at a priest, she shows her receipt and the rest of the payment, hoping Gond's followers hadn't tried too hard to live up to their reputation.

Spoiler
    Show
    Luck: (1d100)[72]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    aww would have liked it if they added a loud, whirring clockwork mechanism because expanding the spyglass by hand is too 'troublesome'

you get a standard issue spyglass in perfect working condition, with one change: they added scale markings on the lens, adjusted for an object 6 feet long. Using those you can determine the distance to the object more easily.