Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 420 of 1493
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    "Gods damn it!" Mirielle grunts as the arrow slices a gash in her hip. Seeing the two goblins pulling out axes, she raises her morning star and shouts out a challenge. "Behold!" she cries. "I am the ambassador of Kelemvor, here to shuttle your souls to the Crystal Spire!"

    A flash suddenly obscures her form, and then the light coalesces into a brilliant suit of armor, bearing the holy symbol of Kelemvor on the breastplate.

    Somewhat ostentatious, Mirielle thinks, but then, these are goblins. It takes a bit of pomp to get through to them

    She strides forward toward Jorran and the wolves.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Casting luminous armor. AC now 16; -4 penalty to melee attacks on her; shed light as daylight. Move to K10.

    Spiritual weapon attack on leader: (1d20+5)[18] (1d8+1)[9]
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep/Spring Greenman by Comissar

  2. - Top - End - #392
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    TheFallenOne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Keeva's massive bolt skewers the lone goblin firing at Mirielle, and Aya's arrows unerringly find the goblin leader, the alchemical substance setting his clothes on fire. The black-furred beast begins to fidget, and the rider dismounts in a panic, seeming to fear his mount's reaction as much as the fire. He shoots another two arrows at Aya to end the archers' duel, and Magnus, having readied himself for this, quickly interposes himself in the path of the arrows, covering the elf with his shield.

    Another riderless wolf joins the assault on Jorran, and the riders give commands in their jarring tongue, coordinating to surround the lone warrior. The wolves' black brother meanwhile bounds forward with impressive speed, jumping at Keeva with a terrifying howl, the worg's red glowing eyes promising pain and suffering.

    Spoiler
    Show

    edit: missed Mirielle's move, she's supposed to be in K10

    Wolves on Jorran
    attack - (1d20+5)[14] damage - (1d6+1)[7] trip if hit - (1d20+1)[20]
    attack - (1d20+5)[14] damage - (1d6+1)[6] trip if hit - (1d20+1)[9]
    attack - (1d20+5)[9] damage - (1d6+1)[4] trip if hit - (1d20+1)[13]
    attack - (1d20+5)[6] damage - (1d6+1)[2] trip if hit - (1d20+1)[11]

    goblins on Jorran
    attack - (1d20+4)[14] damage - (1d6)[4]
    attack - (1d20+4)[12] damage - (1d6)[3]

    Shots on Aya, Magnus gives cover
    (1d20+7)[26] (1d6+2)[4] +1E
    (1d20+7)[15] (1d6+2)[4] +1E

    Worg on Keeva
    attack - (1d20+10)[28] damage - (1d6+6)[11] trip if hit - (1d20+4)[23]

    Keeva used a charge of her wand to kill the goblin
    Jorran's maneuver was prevented by Mounted Combat.
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2012-04-11 at 01:36 PM.
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!



  3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Aya grunts as the arrow finds her arm; her drawing arm, too. This was going to come down to the last exchange. Breathing twice, shortly and evenly, to banish the pain, she returns one more volley of arrows, managing not to wince on the second draw.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Down to 2hp, so let's hope this hits. Another Rapid Shot at the leader.
    Attack 1: (1d20+7)[14]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[8]
    Attack 2: (1d20+7)[20]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[7]
    Thanks to Arokh for the avatar.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  4. - Top - End - #394
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Mirielle glances back at Keeva and Aya, then back at the wolves on either side of her. Damn. Nothing I can do for them now. She hefts her morningstar and swings it at one of the wolves, then steps back.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack whichever wolf looks more injured. 5-foot step to 11-J. If Aya dropped the leader, move action to redirect the spiritual weapon to the worg.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep/Spring Greenman by Comissar

  5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Cardea's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    TRAINTIEDUPHELP

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Keeva
    WOLVES HELP

    "Oh f-" Keeva is cut off as one of the worg slams her into the ground. Her panic subsides quickly, turning into calm. She slams the butt of her crossbow, tossing the energy to Aya. She curls up, arms in front of her torso, and legs up. "Aya? Little help here."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Instant of Power on Aya. +4 to next Attack, Damage or Save roll. Her choice.
    Standard action: Total defense action. AC is now 19.
    Avatar drawn by LostOne, many praises and prayers be to he.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajadea View Post
    Your $0.02 is a very large $0.02, Cardea.

  6. - Top - End - #396
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    May 2010

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Magnus

    Magnus, seeing the situation developing with Keeva, moves to engage.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Shift essentia.
    Spellward 1, Astral 2, Weapon 2

    Attack (worg): (1d20+7)[9]
    Damage: (1d8+5)[13]
    Last edited by candycorn; 2012-04-13 at 05:18 AM.
    All of this has happened before...
    and all of this will happen again.

    Moving. Internet access is a bit spotty.

  7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2008

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Seeing his first maneuver fail, Jorran takes the simple route and swings his sword at a wolf, trying to kill it and topple its rider.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack Wolf in L8

    (1d20+9)[25]
    (2d6+7)[14]

    HP 43/46
    AC: 20 (22 vs ranged).
    3 Rounds of Ferocity left.
    Frog in the playground.

    My homebrewer's extended signature.

    I have Str 5!

    Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

  8. - Top - End - #398
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    TheFallenOne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    The party's attacks prove fruitless, as Aya's arrows miss their target, as do the hasty swings of Magnus and Mirielle. Jorran's cut comes straight at the wolf, but in the last moment the rider makes his mount rear and the axe passes underneath.
    The goblins and wolves keep attacking Jorran from all sides, though so far they had little success getting past his whirling blade. The worg gives the prone Keeva an evil glare, but decides that Magnus is a more pressing target, biting at his calf. Their leader breathes a sigh of relief when the fire on his clothes winks out, and he decides not to gamble on a hit on Aya, retreating from the dangerously close Mirielle and fiddling with his belt, whereupon two oval stones begin to glow faintly, making some of his wounds close.

    Spoiler
    Show
    well, I knew this would be a tough fight, and not a single hit this turn doesn't help. uh-oh.
    Mounted Combat countered Jorran's attack.


    Leader in C2
    Worg in G23
    riderless wolves in K9 and L10
    ridden wolves in L8 and M9

    Jorran L9
    Mirielle J11
    Magnus H22
    Keeva H24(prone)
    Aya J25

    Wolves on Jorran
    attack - (1d20+5)[11] damage - (1d6+1)[4] trip - (1d20+1)[12]
    attack - (1d20+5)[20] damage - (1d6+1)[3] trip - (1d20+1)[16]
    attack - (1d20+5)[20] damage - (1d6+1)[4] trip - (1d20+1)[9]
    attack - (1d20+5)[19] damage - (1d6+1)[3] trip - (1d20+1)[5]

    Goblins on Jorran
    attack - (1d20+4)[22] damage - (1d6)[6]
    attack - (1d20+4)[7] damage - (1d6)[2]

    Worg on Magnus
    attack - (1d20+8)[11] damage - (1d6+6)[12] trip - (1d20+4)[13]

    Healing on leader
    (3d8)[10]
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!



  9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2008

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    One of the wolves catches Jorran by the leg and hauls him down as the other wolves and goblins swing and scratch at him, causing some injury.

    He immediately bounds back up, heedless of the numerous openings he leaves as he does so, attempting to drive his sword into the riderless wolf behind him.

    Finally, he leaps out of reach of the other goblins and wolves.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Tripped, and took 13 damage there. Down to 30 HP.

    Move action: Getting back up, and eating the AoO:s.
    Stabbing the wolf in L10
    Attack: (1d20+9)[21]
    Damage: (2d6+7)[15]

    Swift Action: Sudden Leaping to L11 over the wolf's corpse.

    Wish I had taken Flashing Sun...
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2012-04-13 at 09:30 AM.
    Frog in the playground.

    My homebrewer's extended signature.

    I have Str 5!

    Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

  10. - Top - End - #400
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Damn. Can't bring him down fast enough now. Darting forward, Aya drops to one knee next to Keeva, steadying herself and using the burst of power to pull the bow back far enough that it crackles audibly as static discharges into her hands. Releasing the first arrow at the worg with enough speed to break through plate, she quickly follows up with a second, less impressive shot.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Taking the Instant of Power on damage for the first shot.
    5ft step to I24, kneel.
    Rapid Shot at the worg.
    Attack 1: (1d20+8)[15]
    Damage: (1d8+8)[16]
    Attack 2: (1d20+8)[14]
    Damage: (1d8+4)[9]
    Last edited by Sallera; 2012-04-13 at 09:33 AM.
    Thanks to Arokh for the avatar.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  11. - Top - End - #401
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Realizing that the image of Fatal Touch is about to disappear, Mirielle redirects it to attack the nearest wolf. Simultaneously she steps forward and brings her morningstar crashing towards a goblin's skull.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move action to redirect the spiritual weapon to the Wolf on K9 (heh). It gets one attack, then disappears.
    Attack: (1d20+5)[24]
    Damage: (1d8+1)[9]

    Swift action move to K10 K8, then attack the wolf at K9 Goblin at L8.
    Attack: (1d20+6)[22]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[6]

    Edit: Forgot Knowledge devotion. Not that it matters much, but 2 extra damage on Mirielle's attack
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-04-14 at 05:55 PM.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep/Spring Greenman by Comissar

  12. - Top - End - #402
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    May 2010

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Magnus

    Magnus smiles, glad that his attacks have taken a bit of pressure off, and renews his offensive.

    Spoiler
    Show
    5 foot step to the west, attack the worg.

    Crusader Strike:(1d20+7)[16]
    Damage:(1d8+5)[10]

    If Hit, heal Keeva (1d6+4)[6] + 2hp.
    All of this has happened before...
    and all of this will happen again.

    Moving. Internet access is a bit spotty.

  13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Cardea's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    TRAINTIEDUPHELP

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Keeva

    Keeva stands back up, taking out a bolt. She charges up the wand inside again, this time throwing the charge into Magnus.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Instant of Power on Magnus.
    Avatar drawn by LostOne, many praises and prayers be to he.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajadea View Post
    Your $0.02 is a very large $0.02, Cardea.

  14. - Top - End - #404
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    TheFallenOne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Jorran's and Mirielle's combined efforts quickly take down two wolves, and another goblin has his ribcage cracked by the morningstar, the points leaving a profusely bleeding wound, and the goblin clutches his chest to stem the flow. His colleague attacks Mirielle, but after his wolf gets one last bite in the wounded goblin turns his mount around to retreat, causing cries of outrage from his companion.
    Aya and Magnus dispose of the worg with impressive skill, two arrows burrying themselves deep in throat and chest, with a crushing hammer strike on the side of the head dealing the finishing blow to the beast. Moments later, two more arrows fly out of the dark, striking at the group's archer after her attention was focused on the worg.

    Spoiler
    Show
    wow, I certainly didn't expected the worg to go down that suddenly


    attacks on Mirielle
    Wolves
    (1d20+3)[23] (1d6+1)[3] trip - (1d20+1)[8]
    (1d20+3)[20] (1d6+1)[3] trip - (1d20+1)[2]

    gobbo
    (1d20+2)[3] (1d6)[5]

    cover riding attempt - (1d20+12)[32] DC 15
    on failure, goblin and wolf provoke AoO from Mirielle. On success, only the wolf does

    attacks on Aya
    (1d20+7)[12] (1d6+2)[5] +1E
    (1d20+7)[8] (1d6+2)[8] +1E

    if the first shot puts Aya down, second goes on Jorran. +2 on attack for lack of distance penalty
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!



  15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    "Could use some healing, if either of you can manage it," Aya mutters, before turning her attention to the escaping goblin. Not if I can help it. I didn't drag you all down here for nothing. Reaching back to her dwindling supply of arrows, she releases another two at the runner.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Rapid Shot at the fleeing goblin.
    Attack 1: (1d20+7)[9]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[6]
    Attack 2: (1d20+7)[22]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[7]
    Thanks to Arokh for the avatar.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2008

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Jorran glances at the goblin leader near the bushes, and judges him to be a suitable target for his fury. As he swings his sword over his shoulder, the blade catches fire. Then, taking a step forward, he quickly shifts into a full charge, swinging the flaming sword at the goblin's head.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Swift Action: Initiate Burning Blade
    Full Round Action: Charge goblin leader in C2

    Attack: (1d20+11)[21]
    Damage: (2d6+7)[10]
    Fire Damage: (1d6+3)[6]

    This is my second to last round on ferocity (so I still have it next round, but it ends before my turn on the round following the next round).
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2012-04-15 at 03:43 PM.
    Frog in the playground.

    My homebrewer's extended signature.

    I have Str 5!

    Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

  17. - Top - End - #407
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Mirielle barely avoids being tripped by the retreating wolf, and its rider manages to steer it out of the way of her retaliation. Huffing a bit, she swings her morningstar at the remaining goblin.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack goblin at L9
    Attack: (1d20+8)[21]
    Damage: (1d8+5)[7]
    5-foot step to J7
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep/Spring Greenman by Comissar

  18. - Top - End - #408
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    May 2010

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Magnus

    Magnus grunts in satisfaction as the Worg goes down, and glances at the field. He sees allies beset by wolves and further harassed by arrows from the leader, and decides to move to assist.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Full Run to J7, which should give cover to the others. Add on my lost dex penalty, and hopefully, I'm the most attractive target.
    All of this has happened before...
    and all of this will happen again.

    Moving. Internet access is a bit spotty.

  19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Cardea's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    TRAINTIEDUPHELP

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Keeva

    Keeva loads up the weighty bolt into her crossbow, cursing at her choice of weaponry. If she was going to keep using this thing, she'd need to find a way to reload the blasted thing faster.

    Spoiler
    Show
    So yeah. Full-round action to reload.
    Avatar drawn by LostOne, many praises and prayers be to he.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajadea View Post
    Your $0.02 is a very large $0.02, Cardea.

  20. - Top - End - #410
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    TheFallenOne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    The goblin's leader finds himself unable to block Jorran's sudden charge without a blade in hand, and while he manages to twist his head out of the burning sword's way, the blow cutting through hs left shoulder is still fatal. The fleeing goblin is brought down by Aya's arrows, and the last of the troup quickly shares his comrades' fate along with his wolf when Mirielle breaks his weapon arm, with Jorran and Magnus moving in to seal his fate. Once again silence falls over the landscape, now clearly illuminated by Mirielle's shining armor.

    Spoiler
    Show
    looty time

    you got
    MW Mighty +2 composite longbow on the leader
    Least Crystal of Energy Assault(Electricity)
    chain shirt +1
    MW scimitar
    buckler
    Healing Belt

    5 longbows
    2 hide, 3 studded leather
    5 battleaxes
    5 bucklers

    and a good number of arrows

    gold - (2d200)[358] which is a mix of gold(on the leader) and copper and silver(on the others)
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!



  21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Plucking the crystal from the goblin's bow, Aya affixes it to the guard of her own, nodding shortly. "This harmonizes nicely. I'll take it as part of my share. Now, the patrol's a good sign we're getting close; let's take the valuables, and you can bury the rest while I go ahead and take a look around. But drag them out of sight, first, and find a place to hide yourselves; they might be on a circular rotation for extra security."

    Aya glances at Mirielle. "Also, some healing would be appreciated."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling to recover arrows: (5d2)[2][1][2][2][1](8)
    Aya will scout ahead as agreed, taking 10 on Hide and MS for 20. She'll try to find a good vantage point within sight of the dam where she can scan the place for defenses and possible triggers.
    Thanks to Arokh for the avatar.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  22. - Top - End - #412
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    TheFallenOne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    keep in mind, you're still over an hour's travel from the dam. We're still at the beginning of sunset, and you'd arrive during twilight.
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!



  23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Aya's got low-light vision (and a spyglass); goblins don't. Twilight seems an advantageous time for scouting to me. ^^

    Edit: Also, did we get all the wolves? Aya'd have finished them off if there were any alive, so they didn't wander back home and spoil the surprise.
    Last edited by Sallera; 2012-04-17 at 10:36 AM.
    Thanks to Arokh for the avatar.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  24. - Top - End - #414
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    TheFallenOne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    there was the one of the fleeing goblin left, but with your attack range... Consider him finished.

    Scouting
    Spoiler
    Show
    the dam is a little after the foot of the mountain. It is about 40 feet wide and 20 high. At a height of 15 ft there's a gangway featuring a winch connected to a floodgate at the bottom. On the gangway you see three goblins and a bugbear. Another two bugbears lie in hammocks.

    Knowledge Architecture may reveal more.


    The apparent entrance to their cave is about 200 feet southeast of the dam, a bit higher in elevation on the mountainedge. Wooden barricades block the entrance except a small opening. Two goblins are on lookout on top of the barricade.
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!



  25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Fallen:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aya scans the dam and its surroundings, looking for an advantageous point to fire from should it come to that. Taking out the spyglass, she gets a closer look at the gangway, hoping for some insight into how best to safely remove the dam's operators.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge: Architecture: (1d20+3)[10]

    What are the dam and gangway made of? Stone or wood?
    Thanks to Arokh for the avatar.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  26. - Top - End - #416
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    TheFallenOne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Aya
    Spoiler
    Show
    wood.

    There is no advantageous position to fire from. The gangway as the height advantage, giving the goblins there cover. Firing angles from positions at a higher elevating than the dam are either odd or impossible.

    The gangway is connected to natural rock on the right. From there it would be possible to shoot without cover, but you'd be practically standing next to them.
    There's also a ladder as second accesspoint to the gangway.
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!



  27. - Top - End - #417
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Fallen:
    Spoiler
    Show
    What's the gangway's construction like? Is it planks attached directly to the dam, or a bridge?

    ...basically, how sturdy is it? If one were to judiciously apply a pair of dragonsbreath arrows to the bottom, would it be possible to collapse it, or would one need to burn the whole thing down to have any effect?
    Thanks to Arokh for the avatar.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  28. - Top - End - #418
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    TheFallenOne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Aya
    Spoiler
    Show
    it mostly looks like this, only on one side is the dam instead of a railing. It's also a little wider, maybe 7 feet you can walk on. Below it are diagonal support beams every 10 feet.

    Knowledge 10 isn't enough to properly evaluate the sturdiness of the structure. It looks better than you'd have expected from goblins though.
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!



  29. - Top - End - #419
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Mirielle quietly makes her rounds, sacrificing the last remnants of her power for the day to ease her companions' pain.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Let's see... I've got 4 cure light wounds and 5 cure minor wounds.
    (1d8+4)[7] <= Aya
    (1d8+4)[10] <= Aya
    (1d8+4)[11] <= Jorran
    (1d8+4)[6] <= Jorran
    And the 5 points from cure minor wounds <= Jorran

    Okay, everybody's going to have to confirm this for me, but I think that completely heals Jorran, and Aya and Keeva are left with 11 damage. Each of them get a charge from the wand of lesser vigor, completely healing them. Mirielle also gets a charge, leaving her at 28/30 HP. And I think Magnus never got injured.


    Judging the angle of the sun, she takes the few minutes she has before her nightly devotions to clean off herself and her armor as best she can. As the last sliver of light dips beyond the horizon, she feels herself renewed. Even though her shoulders sag a little as she dismisses her glowing armor, she gets up and begins the familiar task of preparing the dead for burial. Even enemies deserve that much.
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-04-17 at 02:01 PM.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep/Spring Greenman by Comissar

  30. - Top - End - #420
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Retreating as the sun dips below the horizon, Aya climbs a tree, hiding amongst the foliage to perform her daily meditations, and listening to the rustle of the leaves as she asks her mistress for a means of aiding their assault. By the time she finds her way back to the rest, night has fallen, although she makes her way without a lantern so long as there is starlight enough to see by.

    "Alright, I think we can pull this off. There are three goblins and three bugbears on the dam itself; there's a gangway near the top, and it looks like they take shifts of four there. There's a single winch and floodgate; they'll probably go for that as soon as they see us, so we'll have to approach in darkness. Since you're all night-blind, if one of you can do anything to fix that, you can lead the others into position; if not, I guess I'll have to do it myself. They've got a stronghold in a cave around two hundred feet from the dam; two lookouts on duty, so I couldn't get close, but I can probably keep them holed up in there while you secure the dam, as long as you're not too slow, then we can finish the job once there's no longer a threat of flooding the villages."

    Taking a blunt arrow from her pack, Aya examines it critically. "I might be able to do something about the light situation, too..."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Would it be possible to hollow out the head of a blunt arrow and fill it with a measure of lit hearthfire (since hearthfire 'burns' cold)? The idea would be to have the arrow remain dark until impact, and then create a small torch at that point for a few minutes as the shell cracks.

    Anyway, if we go with this plan, Aya would pick a spot ~230-240 feet from both the dam and the cave, and cast Hawkeye before we get too close. That'll put them both within the first range increment.
    Thanks to Arokh for the avatar.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •