Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 480 of 1493
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Round 1

    Mirielle strides forward, her long legs taking her quickly to a spot from which she can see all of the enemies arrayed on the dam's gangway. Adjusting her glasses, she draws in her breath and begins a long incantation in celestial. As it reaches its climax her arms begin to glow. She stretches them forward and they seem to break apart into glittering shards. The shards stream out, scouring the flesh of the goblins ahead of her.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to I13.
    Sacrifice augury to cast Ayailla's radiant burst. It's a 60' cone so it should hit all of the goblinoids and none of the party members. DC 15, 2d6 damage (reflex halves) and blindness (fortitude negates).
    Damage, (let's say from left to right):
    (2d6)[7]
    (2d6)[7]
    (2d6)[5]
    (2d6)[10]
    (2d6)[6]
    (2d6)[8]

    They're also all within my darkvision radius, could you describe them, TFO, when you post next?
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-04-28 at 02:24 AM.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep/Spring Greenman by Comissar

  2. - Top - End - #452
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    TheFallenOne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    hold on, one thing after the other. This was just the surprise round, you're already in proper initiative.

    Init order

    Keeva
    Mirielle
    Magnus
    ________________
    Goblins
    Jorran
    Aya

    Keeva, Mirielle and Magnus can act
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!



  3. - Top - End - #453
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    @TFO
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallenOne View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    hold on, one thing after the other. This was just the surprise round, you're already in proper initiative.

    Init order

    Keeva
    Mirielle
    Magnus
    ________________
    Goblins
    Jorran
    Aya

    Keeva, Mirielle and Magnus can act
    Mirielle delayed specifically to the start of the first round, before anyone else. Otherwise they'll get caught in the spell area. Since only we acted during the surprise round, I posted in the right order.

    Greenman by Bradakhan/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep/Spring Greenman by Comissar

  4. - Top - End - #454
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    TheFallenOne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Keeva delayed too, and she has the higher init modifier, so she acts before Mirielle. I just wanted to get everyone's surprise round resolved before going into initiative proper.
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!



  5. - Top - End - #455
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    I didn't think that's how delaying works. You just choose your new initiative count; modifiers don come into it. And everybody's resolved the surprise round.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep/Spring Greenman by Comissar

  6. - Top - End - #456
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    TheFallenOne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Both Keeva and Mirielle delayed to the start of turn, and the initiative tie had to be broken. That's done with initiative modifiers
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!



  7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Cardea's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    TRAINTIEDUPHELP

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Delaying initiative to after Mirelle and Magnus, but before Goblins.
    Avatar drawn by LostOne, many praises and prayers be to he.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajadea View Post
    Your $0.02 is a very large $0.02, Cardea.

  8. - Top - End - #458
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    TheFallenOne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    you still need to post the action. I'll only update once every action before the goblins is resolved, then goblins and party alternate
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!



  9. - Top - End - #459
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    May 2010

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Magnus

    Spoiler
    Show
    Double Move 40 feet forward, into the light, drawing the hammer as a part of movement. Heading directly for the ladder.

    Sorry, thought throwing the sunrod was my action in the surprise round.
    Last edited by candycorn; 2012-04-29 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Updating action - it's not surprise round
    All of this has happened before...
    and all of this will happen again.

    Moving. Internet access is a bit spotty.

  10. - Top - End - #460
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Cardea's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    TRAINTIEDUPHELP

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Keeva

    Spoiler
    Show
    Moving 35 feet forward, staying 5 feet behind Magnus.
    Avatar drawn by LostOne, many praises and prayers be to he.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajadea View Post
    Your $0.02 is a very large $0.02, Cardea.

  11. - Top - End - #461
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    TheFallenOne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    A spray of light washes over the dam's gangway, and the goblin's surprise almost boils over to panic. The bugbears more fall than climb out of their hammocks, visibly disoriented, and one of the smaller goblins pulls one of them to the winch, placing his hands on one of the two cranks. The goblin next to the ladder draws some kind of bag, and when it bursts after he drops it downward, the plants around the dam come to life, gripping at anything trying to pass through.
    "Foolish humans!" the bugbear still able to see calls out. "Humans leave, or village die!"

    Spoiler
    Show



    Jorran E12
    Magnus E13
    Keeva E14
    Mirielle I13

    Bugbears F, H and K6. Goblins E, I, L 6. The goblin in L6 throws a javelin at Jorran
    (1d20+2)[20] (1d4)[3]

    there's now an Entangle centered on E7/F8. All in area Reflex DC 11 or unable to move. Half movement through all affected squares(darker green) regardless of save.
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!



  12. - Top - End - #462
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Seems these guys are as smart as they looked. Well, don't screw up. With that cheerful thought, Aya launches one of her modified arrows at the center of her own battlefield; she'd said she would keep them contained, so that was her priority at the moment. The flare bursts open in the middle of the writhing plants, illuminating the entrance with a blue flame, and Aya sends her next arrow at a target of opportunity, aiming simply to kill as many of them as she could before they managed to locate her.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Aya will send a hearthfire arrow at the centre of her own Entangle; with low-light vision, that will give her bright illumination on the whole area.
    Attack: (1d20+5)[9]
    And the second attack will be at whichever goblin is closest, prioritizing ones that aren't entangled. Shouldn't need a map of that area, general descriptions are fine.
    Attack: (1d20+7)[21]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[10] + 1 electricity
    She'll then take a 5ft step to the side, just in case.
    Last edited by Sallera; 2012-04-30 at 01:58 PM.
    Thanks to Arokh for the avatar.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2008

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    As the goblins make their move, Jorran enters his state of frenzy, barely evading the spear and the plants with his heightened reactions. Forcing, his way through the plantation, he drew his tanglefoot bag, tossing it with unerring accuracy. It was imperative to stop the goblins now.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Immediate action ferocity at the start of the goblins' turn.

    Moving directly forwards, the closest I can get to the ladder while still having line of effect to the winch, drawing tangefoot bag while moving.

    Fate Card for ranged touch against the winch. As far as I can see, that's within 30ft, but not within 10ft, so -1 distance penalty (I think)

    Result would be 21.
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2012-05-01 at 02:42 AM.
    Frog in the playground.

    My homebrewer's extended signature.

    I have Str 5!

    Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

  14. - Top - End - #464
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Mirielle is too slow to avoid being captured by the growing vines, and, unable to move, tries to break her way free.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Strength check to break free. (1d20+2)[4]
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep/Spring Greenman by Comissar

  15. - Top - End - #465
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    May 2010

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Magnus attempts to break free of the vines, and press forward...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Str check to break free: (1d20+3)[23]


    ...successful, he presses 10 feet towards the ladder.
    Last edited by candycorn; 2012-05-02 at 04:37 AM.
    All of this has happened before...
    and all of this will happen again.

    Moving. Internet access is a bit spotty.

  16. - Top - End - #466
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    TheFallenOne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    200 feet away from the main battlefield, the goblins found the exit of their cave blocked by twisting vines and grasses. It didn't extend up to the wooden barricade and the three goblins on lookout there seemed indecisive what to do when suddenly an arrow burst in the middle of the writhing plants, illuminating the area with pale light. Shortly after, a second arrow found the chest of one of the goblins and he toppled off the back of the barricade. The other two ducked lower, taking aim with their bows, but were unable to find their adversary.
    Jorran's toss perfectly strikes the winch and the goo-y mass inside the bag jams the mechanism. Keeva's shot on the bugbear already grabbing the crank only hits the gangway's railing, and the last bugbear pushes the goblin aside, grabbing a crank as well, and they tried to break the mechanism loose with brute force.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Strength check - (1d20+3)[20]
    Strength check - (1d20+3)[7]
    DC 17, roll of natural 1 breaks the thing instead

    left goblin and bugbear ready actions, axe and morningstar in hand

    two javelins at Jorran
    (1d20+3)[19] (1d4+1)[2]
    (1d20+2)[8] (1d4)[3]
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!



  17. - Top - End - #467
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    TheFallenOne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    oops, forgot new map


    everyone still in Entangle area must save again
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!



  18. - Top - End - #468
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Her grin as the goblin falls backward is lost to the darkness, but Aya continues firing, slowly moving sideways to make tracking her position that much harder. As long as they were worried about her, they weren't likely to get the chance to interfere at the dam.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Two more shots at the goblins on the barricade.
    Attack 1: (1d20+7)[13]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[5] + 1 electricity
    Attack 2: (1d20+7)[25]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[8] + 1 electricity
    And 5ft step sideways.
    Thanks to Arokh for the avatar.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  19. - Top - End - #469
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    May 2010

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Magnus grits his teeth, trying to fight his way past the vines wrapping about his legs.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Str: (1d20+3)[10]
    All of this has happened before...
    and all of this will happen again.

    Moving. Internet access is a bit spotty.

  20. - Top - End - #470
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Once again, Mirielle struggles against the vines.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Strength check to move to I10: (1d20+2)[5]
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep/Spring Greenman by Comissar

  21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Cardea's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    TRAINTIEDUPHELP

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Keeva

    Keeva curses under her breath, as she begins reloading up her crossbow.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Full-round action. Reloadin'.
    Avatar drawn by LostOne, many praises and prayers be to he.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajadea View Post
    Your $0.02 is a very large $0.02, Cardea.

  22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2008

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Jorran pulls out another bag and chucks it at the lever before jumping forward towards the ladder, still avoiding the plants and javelins of the goblinoids.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Pull out another tanglefoot bag.
    Standard: Toss at lever (since they apparently broke the last covering of bag goo).
    Ranged Touch: (1d20+5)[20]
    Swift: Sudden Leap towards the ladder, grabbing onto it if I have enough distance on the jump.
    Jump Check: (1d20+11)[20]
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2012-05-03 at 08:57 AM.
    Frog in the playground.

    My homebrewer's extended signature.

    I have Str 5!

    Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

  23. - Top - End - #473
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    TheFallenOne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Another goblin falls to Aya's barrage, but the barricade is soon remanned by three more, warily raising their shields. The last archer, still unable to detect Aya, takes a shot at Keeva instead, though the angle is awkward.

    The twisting plants severly slow down the assault, but again Jorran manages to delay the opening of the floodgate with a well-placed toss of a tanglefoot bag. The bugbears again twist on the mechanism, trying to untangle it, while their comrades prepare to defend the ladder.

    Spoiler
    Show
    no new map, as only Jorran moved. He's on the ladder at +5 feet

    Strength check - (1d20+3)[10]
    Strength check - (1d20+3)[23]

    two on the left again ready actions

    another Javelin at Jorran. Flatfooted due to climbing. Not that it matters with Uncanny Dodge
    (1d20+5)[23] (1d4+1)[5]

    Shot at Keeva, needs 20 to hit
    (1d20)[20] (1d6)[6]
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2012-05-03 at 11:13 AM.
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!



  24. - Top - End - #474
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Hey. No bothering them while they work. The goblin's improbable accuracy aside, that she'd let him live long enough to get a shot off was still her fault. Loosing another arrow at the lucky target, Aya attempts to remedy the error.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Rapid shot again, starting with that archer, and another 5ft step. If the first shot is lucky enough to down the archer, the second will be at the goblin blocking the top of the ladder at the dam.
    Attack: (1d20+7)[16]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[8] + 1 electricity
    Attack: (1d20+7)[23]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[9] + 1 electricity

    Since Aya's got +16 to Spot at the moment, this might be worth asking: does it look like the goblins atop the barricade have waterskins of any sort?
    Last edited by Sallera; 2012-05-03 at 11:44 AM.
    Thanks to Arokh for the avatar.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  25. - Top - End - #475
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Cardea's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    TRAINTIEDUPHELP

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Keeva

    Keeva keeps her focus sharp and her teeth gritted as a bolt flies into her arm. Ignoring the pain, she raises up her crossbow at one of the Hobgoblins turning the winch, activating the wand inside as she pulls the trigger.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Instant of Power: Attack Roll
    (1d20+9)[22]
    (2d8)[4]
    Avatar drawn by LostOne, many praises and prayers be to he.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajadea View Post
    Your $0.02 is a very large $0.02, Cardea.

  26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2008

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Jorran tears off the javelin that had just affixed itself through a chain link, continuing his climb. He pulls himself up to the gangway, throwing his last tanglefoot bag at the winch. His sword loosens from its straps as Jorran reaches for it, practically planting itself in Jorran's hand. Now armed, Jorran's shadow pools around him in the night.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: Climb up to the gangway, draw last tanglefoot bag.
    Standard action: Throw bag, probably eating an AoO in the process.
    Ranged Touch (1d20+5)[9]
    Free Action: Draw Greatsword (It has the Least Crystal of Free Feat)
    Swift Action: Move into Child of Shadows stance.
    Frog in the playground.

    My homebrewer's extended signature.

    I have Str 5!

    Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

  27. - Top - End - #477
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    May 2010

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    ...Yet again, Magnus attempts to free himself from the vines binding him.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Str: (1d20+3)[12]
    All of this has happened before...
    and all of this will happen again.

    Moving. Internet access is a bit spotty.

  28. - Top - End - #478
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Mirielle curses as she continues to struggle against the grass.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Strength Check: (1d20+2)[5]
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep/Spring Greenman by Comissar

  29. - Top - End - #479
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    TheFallenOne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Keeva's portable ballista only scores a glancing hit on one of the bugbears, and they keep pulling on the winch, breaking apart the hardened goo. Aya's ranged assault is far more effective, killing the last archer on the barricade as well as the one blocking the ladder, allowing Jorran to swiftly climb up and toss yet another tanglefoot bag at the winch, which is answered by cries of outrage from the goblinoids. The bugbear next to him swings bindly at the warrior in a wide arc, leaving himself open, while the other bugbears in visible frustration and desperation yet again have a go at the winch.

    At this moment, one of the blueskinned goblins finally shows his face. Taking measure of the glowing arrow in front of the cave, he shoots a ray of vibrating air at it, and once again the cave entrance is in darkness.

    Spoiler
    Show


    bugbear gets no AoO because of blindness. His readied triggers when the others call out Jorran's position to him
    attack on Jorran - (1d20+6)[22] (1d8+4)[11] Miss chance - (1d100)[58]
    attack on Jorran - (1d20+6)[8] (1d8+4)[9] Miss chance - (1d100)[16]

    strength check - (1d20+3)[4]
    strength check - (1d20+3)[13]

    left gobbo Aid Another for bugbear AC - (1d20+2)[5]

    touch - (1d20+5)[12] sonic damage - (2d6-2)[8]

    Since Aya's got +16 to Spot at the moment, this might be worth asking: does it look like the goblins atop the barricade have waterskins of any sort?
    the goblins on guard duty had waterskins, all dead now. The new arrivals you're not sure. You don't see any waterskins, but they may be obscured by the shields
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2012-05-04 at 01:24 PM.
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!



  30. - Top - End - #480
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    May 2010

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Magnus. Struggling. Vines. Take 4.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Str (1d20+3)[11]
    All of this has happened before...
    and all of this will happen again.

    Moving. Internet access is a bit spotty.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •