New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

Magnus

Mentally cursing the constant slippery substance that these goblins seem to be in love with, Magnus crawls his way out.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full round action: While prone, crawl to K5. Since I'm already fallen, and not walking, I shouldn't trigger any balance clauses to grease.
    All of this has happened before...
    and all of this will happen again.

Moving. Internet access is a bit spotty.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Titan in the Playground

Right. Don't give him a chance to make your head explode, yes? Concealed in the shadow of the stairway, Aya draws one of her more insidious shafts, sighting on the leader and sending a streak of flame across the room.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aya'd have been in Q5 if that half-wall counts as providing cover for hiding; P8 otherwise. Doesn't really change this either way.
    Snipe attempt, single shot with a dragonsbreath arrow at B.
    Attack: (1d20+9)[15] (+2 if unseen at Hide 20)
    Damage: (1d6+3)[6] + 1 fire + 1 electricity, Reflex DC15 or catch fire and take (1d6)[2]
    Hide: (1d20-10)[-1]
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

3. - Top - End - #693
    Titan in the Playground

Mirielle hops over the prone Magnus and bends over to help him up. She then tosses her lasso over the table, trying to entangle the subordinate blue.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift action move to J5.
    Move action to help Magnus up.
    Attack B2 with Lasso (ranged touch, range increment 10, partially entangled). (1d20-4)[5]
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-06-01 at 09:40 PM.
    Author of The Auspician's Handbook and The Tempestarian's Handbook for Spheres of Power.
    Ask me (or the other authors) anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lateral View Post
    Well, of course I'm paranoid about everything. Hell, with Jeff as DM, I'd be paranoid even if we were playing a game set in The Magic Kiddie Funland of Perfectly Flat Planes and Sugar Plums.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Spring Greenman by Comissar/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep

4. - Top - End - #694
    Troll in the Playground

Keeva

Keeva finds her balance failing, and she falls to the ground. She groans, and crawls, not wanting to find herself anywhere near the same kind of situation that the others found them in, not even ten minutes ago.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, so I fell. Crawling to M7.
    Just finding my roots again.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Titan in the Playground

The patch of sticky floor is quickly evacuated, especially so by Jorran, who turns around and flees the room at great speed. Aya's flaming arrow misses, though at least the target seems unsure where the shot came from, and then the goblins retaliate. Their leader seems to target Mirielle, though no effect is immediately visible. The other Blue and their priest try to crush your morale with their combined powers, and the solitary remaining guard strikes at Magnus struggling on the ground.

Spoiler
    Show

B: Fort DC 18 negates, target Mirielle
    Spellcraft DC 18
    Spoiler
    Show

regain focus - (1d20+9)[11]

C: Bane, affecting Mirielle, Magnus and Keeva. DC 13

B2: Demoralize, affecting Mirielle, Magnus, Keeva. Dc 13

F: power attack Magnus, +4 prone
    (1d20+10)[20] (2d3+7)[11]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Magnus

Magnus stands, after taking a rather sound hit, and attempts to trip the bugbear.

Spoiler
    Show
    11 damage - 6 (Astral vambrace) = 5, in delay pool.

AoO to me.

Touch Attack: (1d20+4)[15] (Stone power for 2)
    If hit, opposed trip check: (1d20+3)[22]
    If fail, opposed roll to resist being tripped: (1d20+3)[23]

If I hit the touch attack, heal 2. Up to 4 damage is stopped by the Temp HP, regardless of hit or miss.

7. - Top - End - #697
    Troll in the Playground

Keeva

Keeva stands up, her mind hazy as she tries to push out the influence from the Goblin. She slides her crossbow into her arms, aiming at the goblin. Using the wand, she uses the energy to adjust her aim into something useful. Firing the bolt, she raises up her hand, making a rude gesture towards the Blue behind the Goblin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standing, using IoP, firing at [C].
    Attack: (1d20+8)[27]
    Damage: (2d8)[6]

8. - Top - End - #698
    Titan in the Playground

Mentally cursing - that had been her best and only chance to end this quickly - Aya lines up another pair of shots, trying to thin the field a little.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rapid Shot, dragonsbreath and normal.
    At B: (1d20+7)[9] (+2 if unseen)
    Damage: (1d6+3)[6] + 1 electricity + 1 fire, Reflex DC15 or catch fire and take (1d6)[4]
    At B2: (1d20+7)[27]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[5] + 1 electricity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

9. - Top - End - #699
    Titan in the Playground

Taking advantage of the opening Magnus left by knocking the goblin down, Mirielle kicks a chair out of the way and circles the goblin. With a cry, she brings her morningstar down on him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action kick chair out of the way (to H6, if possible).
    Swift action move to I7.
    Attack F.
    Attack (+4 prone, +2 flanking): (1d20+11)[29]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[5]
    Author of The Auspician's Handbook and The Tempestarian's Handbook for Spheres of Power.
    Well, of course I'm paranoid about everything. Hell, with Jeff as DM, I'd be paranoid even if we were playing a game set in The Magic Kiddie Funland of Perfectly Flat Planes and Sugar Plums.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Spring Greenman by Comissar/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep

10. - Top - End - #700
    Titan in the Playground

Magnus swipes the interposing goblin off his feet, and Mirielle uses the opening to move past him and strike from behind. He hesitantly stands up again, careful to keep his cover up against the two warriors surrounding him. Both Aya and Keeva hit a psion and the priest, respectively, though they remain standing, with the latter drawing a wand to heal his freshly sustainted wound. Their leader throws a mental assault at Magnus, and it feels very much like this may have been what removed the head from the bugbear's former leader.

Spoiler
    Show

Grease is gone

B: Mind Thrust on Magnus (5d10)[30] SR - (1d20+6)[26] Will DC 16

B2: Deceleration on Mirielle

C: draw wand, cure (1d8+1)[9]

F: total defense, stand up, provoking AoOs
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2013-05-09 at 05:41 PM.
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

11. - Top - End - #701
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Let's hope the spiritual weapon has a chance of interrupting that blue.

AoO: (1d20+5)[16] (1d8+1)[4]

Bother; that was supposed to be OOC
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-06-02 at 08:05 PM.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Troll in the Playground

Keeva

Keeva scowls at the Goblin's healing, and brings up her crossbow again. The bolt slides into place, her wand active, she fires at it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Action to reload, IoP on self, firing at [C].

Attack: (1d20+8)[22]
    Damage: (2d8)[10]

13. - Top - End - #703
    Titan in the Playground

Troublesome, troublesome. Don't let this drag out too long. The leader was proving irritatingly difficult to hit, and Aya turns her fire to the lesser ones instead, hoping to get them out of the others' way.

Spoiler
    Show
    Two shots at B2. If he goes down, C.
    Attack: (1d20+7)[9]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[9] + 1 electricity
    Attack: (1d20+7)[25]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[6] + 1 electricity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

14. - Top - End - #704
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Magnus

Magnus collapses, bleeding out of his ears, and dying. takes the mental assault, shakes his head to clear it, and lunges forward, attempting to headbutt the lackey in front of him (after all, his head couldn't be in any more pain, right?)!

Spoiler
    Show
    22hp, 1 temp.

25 damage taken now (-3), 5 in delay pool, at end of my initiative, go to -8.

Stabilization roll, on my turn: (1d10)[7] 1 stabilizes
    Last edited by candycorn; 2012-06-03 at 06:17 AM.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Mirielle sees Magnus go down and, not knowing whether he's alive or dead, draws the wand from her belt and drops it, hoping both that the falchion-wielding goblin will fall or follow her and that Keeva will understand her intentions.

She moves toward the leader and the priestly goblin, swapping her morningstar and lasso between her left and right hands. Once there, she tosses the loop of rope at the leader.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action draw wand of vigor.
    Free action drop wand in I7.
    Swift action move to F7 if C is down, D5 otherwise (provoking from F, B or B2 [if one is armed and the other isn't, the unarmed one; if both B2], and C).
    Attack B with lasso (Ranged touch; entangled) (1d20-2)[9]

Mirielle strikes at the goblin, then drops her lasso and retrieves a small jar from her bag.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard action attack F. The 11 attack roll (pre-modifier) becomes 18, 3 damage (in OOC).
    Move action to grab the stinkpot from her haversack.
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-06-03 at 05:49 AM.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Titan in the Playground

The power didn't quite explode Magnus's head, though with the intense pain inside his skull it certainly feels like it gave it a really good try. A backhand strike at the goblin lets the smith alleviate some of the hurt, and Aya's second shot finishes the Blue behind the wooden table, while Keeva again hits their priest, but fails to bring him low. He turns the wand on himself again and the last psion throws electricity once more, this time at Magnus and Mirielle.

Spoiler
    Show

B: ranged Touch Mirielle - (1d20+10)[30]+4 cover AC Electricity - (4d6)[11]
    ranged Touch Magnus - (1d20+6)[23] -4 shooting in melee included, +4 cover AC Electricity - (4d6)[21] SR - (1d20+8)[21]

C: heal - (1d8+1)[6]

F: 5 foot step, attack Magnus (1d20+6)[21] (2d3+7)[11]
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2012-06-03 at 06:27 AM.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Magnus focuses on recovery this time, taking a 5 foot step away from the front lines, drawing out a potion, and drinking it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Faith healing potion, heal 9 hp. Then take the 5 in the pool, and I'm at 5hp. Damage taken from spell in the last 2 rounds: 51.

I recovered maneuvers this round, so next round I have 4.
    (1d5)[2]
    (1d4)[4]
    (1d3)[3]
    (1d2)[2]

EDIT: Hm. The only maneuver I actually want, I don't get.

EDIT 2: On a side note, can anyone actually force the psion to have to roll concentration checks for powers prior to him expending his entire PP pool? Readied actions to disrupt manifesting via attack, perhaps, or landing some sort of status effect on him? Pretty please? Because I can't take another hit from him.
    Last edited by candycorn; 2012-06-03 at 06:45 AM.

18. - Top - End - #708
    Titan in the Playground

Aya retreats down the stairs out of sight, creeping back up again to try and get a better chance of actually having an effect on the leader. Sighting past the edge of the rock face, she waits until he's distracted before releasing the arrow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, we've certainly been trying... I attempted to set him on fire twice, but I'm out of dragonsbreath, and those were my only source of continuing damage. Don't mind attempting a readied attack, but there's no surety in that.

Move out of sight and back again, Hide: (1d20+5)[15]
    Readied action to shoot B when he attempts any sort of manifesting or attack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+9)[10] (+2 if unseen)
    Damage: (1d8+3)[8] + 1 electricity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

19. - Top - End - #709
    Titan in the Playground

"Souls of the Faithless!" Mirielle curses as the electricity arcs toward her, making the muscles in her back and legs contort her body into an opisthotonic arch. When she recovers she can hear her heart beat, and to her dismay, it's more than a little erratic.

Realizing how desperate the situation is, she goes for broke. She takes the last bit of divine spark in her to focus her aim and heads for the blue, but instead of striking with a weapon, hurls herself bodily at him, grabbing at the puny body.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift action DMM Quickened true strike.
    Move to D6.
    Grapple B
    Touch attack: (1d20+24)[32]
    Use fate card (nat 15) on grapple check for 19.
    UAS damage: (1d3+2)[4]

20. - Top - End - #710
    Troll in the Playground

Keeva

Keeva aims her crossbow again at the Goblin, hoping to finish him off.

Spoiler
    Show
    Same routine as before. Reload for Move, IoP for Swift, Standard to fire at [C].

Using Fate Card because I-hate-this-goblin. Taking 15 on attack roll. That's 19 to hit.

Damage: (2d8+4)[20]

Edit: YESSSSSSSSSSS.
    Last edited by Cardea; 2012-06-03 at 06:41 PM.

21. - Top - End - #711
    Titan in the Playground

Keeva's bolt skewers their priest through the chest, and this time he won't be able to heal himself. The goblin attacking Magnus seems quite annoyed by this, and he abandons his fruitless swings at the smith, instead trying to smash the oversized crossbow apart. Mirielle takes a hold of the psion, though when she does so she feels a twinge of pain. He attempts to target her with another power, but her grip interrupts his focus.

Spoiler
    Show

Mirielle takes 2 nonlethal when she grabs the psion

B: regains focus, use of power failed

F: Sunder attempt on crossbow opposed attack - (1d20+5)[14] damage - (2d3+9)[14]

Jorran
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your forced flight carried you out of the door, though quickly slowed down when you left the light of Mirielle's shining armor behind. Stumbling through the dark, scared witless, is an unpleasant experience, and once you leave the cave you find yourself seeing refuge in the light of the sunrod still burning in the distance. Halfway there, the effect of the spell finally wears off, leaving you standing alone under the night sky, and whatever feelings you have now are only your own.

22. - Top - End - #712
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Magnus, seeing Mirielle's strategy, decides that it is worthy of emulation, and lunges for the bodyguard!

Spoiler
    Show
    Since 2 handed weapons can't be used in a grapple...

Move to K7 by way of J6, and...

Grapple attempt on Falchion-wielding goblin!

AoO on me. If miss:
    Touch Attack: (1d20+5)[24]
    Opposed Grapple: (1d20+5)[15]
    If success: (1d3+3)[5] nonlethal, and we're grappling.
    Last edited by candycorn; 2012-06-04 at 06:51 AM.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Titan in the Playground

Huh. Nice one, Mirielle. That close to the goblin is quite the opposite of where she'd prefer to be, but even her sniping skills can't let her safely fire at a target that close to an ally, so she hopes for luck and releases a pair of shots at the plated bodyguard.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rapid Shot at F.
    Attack: (1d20+7)[18]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[11] + 1 electricity
    Attack: (1d20+7)[11]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[9] + 1 electricity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

24. - Top - End - #714
    Troll in the Playground

Keeva

Keeva locks in another bolt, looking over the damage done to her crossbow. She takes a short step back, aiming it down at those remaining.

Spoiler
    Show
    Same routine. Aiming at [F]. If Aya managed to kill [F], Keeva is going to shoot at the remaining Blue instead.

Attack: (1d20+8)[21]
    Damage: (2d8)[5]

25. - Top - End - #715
    Titan in the Playground

Feeling the twinge of pain and guessing the cause, Mirielle avoids harming the bastard to instead pin him to the ground.

Spoiler
    Show
    Grapple check to pin: (1d20+4)[14]

26. - Top - End - #716
    Titan in the Playground

Mirielle manages to hold down the psion, and he squirms in obvious displeasure. The other goblin however keeps fending off the attacks thrown his way, and he makes a swing at Keeva when she gives an opening while reloading her weapon, then he turns on Magnus, hoping to bring him low with a single brutal strike on top of his already sustained wounds.

Spoiler
    Show
    only Magnus moved, no new map necessary I think

F: AoO on Keeva (1d20+5)[10] (2d3+9)[13]
    attack on Magnus (1d20+5)[23] (2d3+9)[14]

Aya
    Spoiler
    Show
    Getting ready to draw another arrow, you suddenly hear movement from below. Mirielle is too far into the room for her light to reach down, but whatever is coming, there are two or three of them, they are bigger than goblins and they'll be on your current position very soon.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Titan in the Playground

Turning her head to spit down the staircase in irritation, Aya moves up into the room and flicks her sword out of its sheath, slicing under the armoured goblin's arm. "Two or three more incoming, just down the stairs. Might want to get out of the way, Keeva."

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, clearly arrows are not working at the moment. Maybe we just have to tempt fate by switching weapons... nope, RNG hates us either way.

Delay until after Keeva; if she vacates M7, move there to get flanking, otherwise move to M6, drawing sword either way.
    Attack F: (1d20+6)[12] (+2 if flanking)
    Damage: (1d8+2)[10]
    Last edited by Sallera; 2012-06-04 at 02:19 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

28. - Top - End - #718
    Troll in the Playground

Keeva

"Even more? I swear, if it ain't one thing, its a 'nother. Oghma preserve me, this is going to make one helluva story." Keeva says, moving to the other side of the small tunnel. She loads up her bolt, aiming at the bodyguard.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wait, did Quick-Loading fade, TFO? Or did I just miss? I don't think it would have; its got a forty minute duration. Either way, I'd have a bolt loaded this turn.

Edit: Moving to M5.

IoP on self.

Attack: (1d20+8)[16]
    Damage: (2d8)[10]
    Last edited by Cardea; 2012-06-04 at 02:38 PM.

29. - Top - End - #719
    Titan in the Playground

"Somebody want to come help me out here?" Mirielle says in a remarkably calm voice despite having her auburn hair covering her face and her hands wrapped around the blue's throat and arm. "Maybe light that pot I dropped, Keeva, or use my morningstar? Hells, I'll settle for punching him."

Spoiler
    Show
    Let's keep him pinned: (1d20+4)[7] Seriously?
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-06-04 at 02:54 PM.

30. - Top - End - #720
    Troll in the Playground

Keeva

"We've got two more coming, and I was hopin' to use that pot on them. 'Sides, don't wan' to risk hittin' you with it." Keeva says, frustrated with their bad luck.