New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

Magnus

Spoiler
    Show
    14 damage - 6 = 8 damage. 5 in pool, take 3 immediately, , currently at 2.

Magnus calls on the magic in his belt to mend his wounds, keeping the goblin's attention as best as able.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last charge of healing belt: (2d8)[5] healed. Then take 5.

EDIT: And... 4 under average. Sigh.
    Last edited by candycorn; 2012-06-04 at 03:11 PM.
    All of this has happened before...
    and all of this will happen again.

Moving. Internet access is a bit spotty.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, for Jergal's sake, more? Gah. Fine. You better come get the pot if you want to use it, then. And don't forget you'll be in the smoke when you light it."
    Author of The Auspician's Handbook and The Tempestarian's Handbook for Spheres of Power.
    Ask me (or the other authors) anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lateral View Post
    Well, of course I'm paranoid about everything. Hell, with Jeff as DM, I'd be paranoid even if we were playing a game set in The Magic Kiddie Funland of Perfectly Flat Planes and Sugar Plums.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Spring Greenman by Comissar/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep

3. - Top - End - #723
    Titan in the Playground

Mirielle still manages to restrain the psion, and the remaining goblin catches a bolt to the leg, but keeps fighting tooth and nail against the enemies surrounding him. At this moment, three orcs emerge from the stairwell - if it can be called that; should the downward path not be natural happenstance all signs of it have faded by now.
    These orcs though look not like the kind you are familiar with. Their skins is grey, and their features are less savage. With their long flowing manes and impressive ornate armor they even almost look regal - long as one uses the common orc as baseline at least. They move with noticable speed despite their plate and each one carries a massive, unusual weapon - one a long poleaxe, another tower shield and bastard sword and the final one a massive double sword.

Spoiler
    Show

sorry, forgot Keeva has Precise Shot. For convenience I'll just exchange the attack and damage rolls from last turn with this one.

F: AoO on Keeva for movement (1d20+5)[21] (2d3+9)[13]
    attack Magnus (1d20+6)[12] (2d3+7)[10]

Know those double swords from Neon Genesis Evangelion near the end? Something like that
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Magnus

Seeing new combatants enter, Magnus sighs, and resolves to finish the goblin quickly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Drop tanglefoot, draw incarnate weapon.
    Shift essentia (1 spellward, 2 vambraces, 2 incarnate)

Crusader Strike:
    Attack: (1d20+9)[27] (flank bonus included)
    Damage: (1d8+5)[6]
    Healing to self: (1d6+4)[7]

No stone power this round. Need to hit. Need to heal.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Titan in the Playground

Turning her head to glance at the well-dressed newcomers, Aya grins cheerfully at them. "Hi there! Sorry to intrude, but we had a business matter to take care of. You'll understand, I'm sure."

Swiping downward along the back of the goblin's neck as it turns to strike at Magnus, Aya twists away from the fight and turns to face the entrance, blade held in a low guard.

Spoiler
    Show
    Delay until after Magnus so we both get flanking. Attack F, tumble to K5.
    Attack: (1d20+8)[28]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[9]
    Tumble: (1d20+4)[10]
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

6. - Top - End - #726
    Titan in the Playground

Mirielle groans at Aya's impudence and continues leaning on the leader's windpipe to prevent him from speaking.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pin, again. (1d20+4)[9] Grrr.
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-06-04 at 04:49 PM.
    Author of The Auspician's Handbook and The Tempestarian's Handbook for Spheres of Power.
    Well, of course I'm paranoid about everything. Hell, with Jeff as DM, I'd be paranoid even if we were playing a game set in The Magic Kiddie Funland of Perfectly Flat Planes and Sugar Plums.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Spring Greenman by Comissar/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep

7. - Top - End - #727
    Troll in the Playground

Keeva

Keeva looks towards the newcomers, and backs away, taking out one of the vials that Mirielle handed her. Coughing, she switches dialects. (Orcish) "Well howdy there! We really are sorry to be intrudin' in your home, but there was some talk about these goblins that I don't think any of us would like. Nasty stuff. Really had to stop. That bein' the case, could we try and sort out the rest of this mess with some pleasant talk, instead of the possibility where our groups try and kill one another?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh what I wouldn't do for some Diplomacy ranks.

Diplomacy: (1d20+1)[18]

Edit: That'll do nicely.
    Last edited by Cardea; 2012-06-04 at 05:58 PM.
    Just finding my roots again.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Titan in the Playground

"Uh, Keeva, calls Mirielle, "I'm guessing those are the 'Big Ones' our informant told us about, and you're in charging distance. Get away from them, you feather brain!"
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-06-04 at 06:00 PM.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ... oh wow. I even said I was backing away, and I didn't specify.

Keeva

Keeva doesn't respond to Mirielle's words, but moves farther away from them instead.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeeeaaaah. Moving to H8, sidestepping the squares surrounding [F], or where [F] used to be.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Titan in the Playground

The psion's power fizzles, and the last goblin is cleanly beheaded by Aya after Magnus crushes his arm. The orcs give the carnage a short glance, but they only pause a second in front of the door, wary for any attacks or spells thrown their way, then they move off with long, fast steps towards the exit of the cave.
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

11. - Top - End - #731
    Titan in the Playground

"Whew. Been a while since I used this blade for anything other than exercise." Strolling over to the struggling goblin, Aya levels the sword at his back, waiting for the instant where he turns his focus inward - that part, at least, was no different from hunting a mage.

"Still, it's as sharp as ever. Any requests for bits I should cut off, Mirielle?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Double move to D6.
    AoO for manifesting, if needed:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+6)[17]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[10]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

12. - Top - End - #732
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Magnus

Magnus charges the wrestling duo, swinging his hammer at the blue as he does!

Spoiler
    Show
    Charge goblin, moving to E7.

Attack: (1d20+9)[16] (3 str, 2 bab, 2 enhance, 2 charge)
    Damage: (1d8+5)[13]
    EDIT: And heal 2, if hit.

AoO, if needed: (1d20+7)[8]
    Damage: (1d8+5)[9]

Now manifesting defensively AND manifesting in grapple should make the odds of success low indeed.
    Last edited by candycorn; 2012-06-04 at 09:37 PM.

13. - Top - End - #733
    Titan in the Playground

As Magnus's blow hits, the base of Mirielle's skull explodes into pain and she drops the blue, unconscious.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pretty sure that knocks her into negatives. If so, stablization roll: (1d10)[10] (1 stabilizes).

If not, she'll try to get him pinned again. (1d20+4)[10]

14. - Top - End - #734
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Absolutely sickening. How could a little goblin reduce him to stark terror like that? He turned back. Those goblins would get theirs. After his flight ended, the all too familiar exhaustion had set in, sapping his strength. Still, he was determined to get back to his allies. Cursing his lack of a light source, Jorran attempted to instead smell and hear the presence of the goblins and his teammates as he ran back towards the fray.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving as fast as terrain and lighting allows back towards the battle. Activating Hunter's Sense as a Swift action. Also Listen Check in case Jorran is confused about directions. A battle shouldn't be very hard to miss.
    (1d20+5)[15]

Edit: That result should be 13. Forgot Sickened penalizes skill checks.
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2012-06-05 at 04:32 AM.
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

15. - Top - End - #735
    Troll in the Playground

Keeva

Keeva grabs out the wand Mirielle gave her, unsure of the item. She moves over to her, tapping her with it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving to the closest empty space to Mirielle. Using Wand of Lesser Vigor on her.
    Use Magic Device: (1d20+8)[14]

16. - Top - End - #736
    Titan in the Playground

As Mirielle is knocked out, the psion disentangles himself from her and puts his back against the wall. "Enough! You won't get me without some of you dying. You got your victory, now it's best you step aside and let me go."

Spoiler
    Show
    he steps to C8. Psionic Suggestion on Aya and Magnus, DC 17. SR - (1d20+6)[15]

moving, drawing a wand and using it is 2 move actions and a standard, so only the first 2 happen.

Jorran
    Spoiler
    Show
    You return to the cave as fast as you can; when you're at the entrance, you hear the distinctive sound metal armor makes when the wearer moves fast coming from the darkness ahead. Soon after, you pick up their scent too; it's definitely not your comrades, but not goblins either. Three shapes are suddenly set apart from the black interior of the cave, a mere ten feet away from you.

17. - Top - End - #737
    Titan in the Playground

"Miri?" What precisely was that? Sheathing her bow, Aya bends down to examine Mirielle, before glancing up at the blue. "Fine, if leaving's all you're doing and you're doing it quietly, then take the rest of your tribe and get out. But I'll say the same to you that I said to them: If you try anything like this again, it had better be far enough from here that we never hear about it. You won't have the advantage of surprise next time."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

18. - Top - End - #738
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

The Cavern Adventures of Jorran Tolm
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jorran does a quick assessment of the situation. From the scent, they weren't goblins, but they weren't his comrades either. He had memorized their scents already. Jorran wasn't in the best of shapes to fight and given the speed this group was moving at, even in armor, it was a fair bet they could see in the dark. He knew little about them and he was outnumbered three to one. Best not provoke them unless they intended to attack him.

Keeping his sword at the ready but without raising it, Jorran speaks. "I don't know who you are, but you're clearly not goblins. If you don't have quarrel with me, I have no quarrel with you. Let us pass without incident."

Diplomacy if needed: (1d20+1)[13]
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

19. - Top - End - #739
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Magnus

Magnus drops his hammer and approaches the blue goblin. "I thought I told you... I gave you a chance to spare your wretched life. And I promised your death this day. I will execute that promise, or die trying. I am not one to listen to creatures beg for their life, but even that would be preferable to the pathetic threats of a reprehensible fool too stupid to understand that I WILL NOT BE EXTORTED WITH THE LIVES OF OTHERS!" Magnus's voice rises to a shout at the end, as he reaches for the goblin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Touch attack: (1d20+5)[10]
    Opposed grapple: (1d20+5)[12]
    Nonlethal, if success: (1d3+3)[5]
    EDIT: Well, that was not stellar. Switch to using shield as a weapon this round. It now threatens, but I don't gain AC from it.
    Last edited by candycorn; 2012-06-05 at 04:52 PM.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Troll in the Playground

Keeva

Keeva looks over the wand, trying to figure out how to use the damn thing.

Spoiler
    Show
    So as you said, could only do those two move actions last turn. Can I make a new Spellcraft check this turn, to use it, or should I just count my last attempt as this turn's try?

In the case of the former: (1d20+8)[10]

Edit: Yeah, I'm investing in a +UMD item when I can.

IoP on Aya. (Use it on a save. )
    Last edited by Cardea; 2012-06-05 at 04:34 PM.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Titan in the Playground

The wand fails to work, and Mirielle keeps bleeding on the ground. The psion moves towards the door, careful to keep his guard up at all times. "Should have used power on that lunatic, but thought humans more receptive to plight of pretty woman..."

Spoiler
    Show

B uses Total Defense and provokes an AoO with movement

Jorran
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your call remains unanswered and they simply move past you without slowing down. If you were able to fully see they'd have given you an opening, though you can't tell whether they trusted you not to take the swing, trusted their ability to take it or were aware of your visual impairment. When they brush by you so close their cloaks are billowing against your body your manage to get a short glimpse at their faces; orcs, you finally realize when the darkness outside has already swallowed them again.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Troll in the Playground

Keeva

"By Oghma's broken string, get behind the ugly little snob and block his way out!" Keeva shouts, frantically trying to get the wand to work.

Spoiler
    Show

Spellcraft: (1d20+8)[27]

Edit: Hellllll yeah. Fast Healing 1 for Mirielle for 11 rounds.
    Last edited by Cardea; 2012-06-05 at 05:44 PM.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Shield Bash AoO: (1d20+5)[13]
    Damage: (1d4+3)[5]
    And heal mirielle 2 if hit.

Follow up action, on my turn: Hammer returns to my hand. Double move to K7, provoking an AoO, if it happens to be able to take them.

Magnus speaks as he moves to block the blue's escape.... "This would be a lot easier if you would just die with dignity."

24. - Top - End - #744
    Titan in the Playground

Aya pauses in the middle of reaching for a potion as Keeva manages to activate the wand, turning Mirelle over to make sure whatever had injured her wasn't still in effect. "She looks like she'll be fine. I think that did the trick."

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, still under the influence of the suggestion, so... nothing better to do.
    Heal: (1d20+3)[22]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

25. - Top - End - #745
    Troll in the Playground

Keeva

"Yes, she's fine. Finally got the blasted thing to work. Now come on, before the little thing gets away." Keeva says, getting up from Mirielle's unconscious body. She drops the wand Mirielle gave her near Aya, and takes a charge from her crossbow's wand, using it on Magnus. As she walks towards the Blue, she calls out: "Hit the guttersnipe down!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Using IoP on Magnus.

Moving to G7.
    Last edited by Cardea; 2012-06-05 at 11:59 PM.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Magnus looks over at Aya, saying, "I'm not letting this one go. You can stand aside all you want, but at least stick a couple arrows in his backside as he goes, hm?"

27. - Top - End - #747
    Titan in the Playground

While no longer in any immediate danger, Mirielle remains unconscious.

Spoiler
    Show
    At -1, 10 rounds left on lesser vigor.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Titan in the Playground

The goblin continues to flee, now less careful in his movement, instead trying to outrun Magnus.

Spoiler
    Show
    double move to P11

29. - Top - End - #749
    Titan in the Playground

Mirielle awakens. Standing up, perhaps more suddenly than she ought, she looks around for the blue. "Where'd he go?" she demands.

Spoiler
    Show
    At 0 HP and conscious. Move action to stand.

Edit: You know, now that I'm up I can outrun him easily (30 ft move speed + travel devotion). Might as well resolve this cinematically.
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-06-06 at 06:20 AM.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Magnus

Magnus continues his attempt to stop the goblin!

Spoiler
    Show
    AoO: (1d20+5)[20]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[6]
    Double Move: Q10