Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 930 of 1493
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Mirielle smiles at her friend's hyperactivity. "Sounds like it was a good decision to register with the city," she says. "Congratulations." She sets down the basket of food and sets about preparing dinner for the two of them.

    "I've been lucky today too. Misti gave me a list of suspicious fires, including one at the Zhetil Keep embassy. Haven't had much luck looking into those, but there's apparently someone else interested in finding Cybrarvain. Aya, Jorran and I are going to... talk to him tomorrow morning."

    A thought occurs to her. "Do you know whether I might be able to take a look at the High House's library? I rather miss being in the stacks."

  2. - Top - End - #902
    Titan in the Playground
     
    TheFallenOne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Mirielle's apartment

    "The public section can be accessed with supervision for a daily fee I think. Most of their older books are in the 'members only' section though, and as for the Restricted Section I'm still eager to find out myself. Got to be some kinky stuff there!" Somehow one is left with the impression she meant this quite differently than most would take it.
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!



  3. - Top - End - #903
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Mirielle is fully aware of the usual definition of the word—she has, after all, studied the doctrines of most gods, including Sune, Sharess, and Loviatar—and tries to stifle her smile. "I can't say I enjoy supervision while I'm browsing, but it's certainly better than nothing."

    After dinner, Mirielle picks up the goblins' copy of Gods of the Realm. "I never got to translate those books you brought back either, Keeva. Would you like me to?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, I was looking for a natural segue into binder, but I'm guessing most of the books on vestiges will be restricted. Just hearing about binding and vestiges would make her curious enough to try calling one, so I was thinking it would be natural to go God of Death -> dead gods -> vestiges in the course of her reading. I guess I'll have to think of something else.

    I've got two preparations of comprehend languages for a total of 1 hr 40 minutes. Mirielle will translate as much as she can during that time, starting with what the goblins appended to Gods of the Realm, and at the very and of the duration use scholar's touch to read two other books instantly.

  4. - Top - End - #904
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2008

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    About Town
    "Just know that at least one of us left the city already." He says as the Greycloak turns to leave. Then he himself turns in the opposite direction. Though he had failed to find anything useful, this message was a start. At least Mirielle and Aya should still be around. Better tell them as soon as possible. He thinks, heading back to the Sanctuary.

    Spoiler
    Show
    That concludes Jorran's day.
    Frog in the playground.

    My homebrewer's extended signature.

    I have Str 5!

    Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

  5. - Top - End - #905
    Titan in the Playground
     
    TheFallenOne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Fifth of Marpenoth

    The Raven's Glory

    The worsening autumn weather seen in the east while you returned to the city finally catches up to you, and while it doesn't rain when you leave your lodgings, the streets are still wet from the drizzle in the night. Meeting at dawn, there's a thin fog over the city, rendering the other early risers into vague shapes drudging through the vapor.
    The kitchen of the Raven's Glory doesn't open until noon, but many people still like the privacy of their booths, so they serve a light breakfast of fresh bread with cheese and cold leftovers of thin meat slices and their thick, spicy sauces.

    Mirielle
    Spoiler
    Show
    you now know a little bit more about the goblin pantheon
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2012-07-16 at 04:14 PM.
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!



  6. - Top - End - #906
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Finland

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    The Raven's Glory

    Aya arrives at the restaurant a bit early, waiting outside for the others to arrive and keeping an eye on comings and goings - not that she could see that much through the fog, but her eyes were better than most. She smiles as she spots Mirielle, stepping away from the building to greet her.

    "Didn't expect to meet again so soon, but I'm not complaining. Sounds like you've got something interesting for us to do." Aya refrains from further conversation until the three of them are safely ensconced in their booth and the meal served, then nods to Mirielle. "So, what have you found out about your overconfident friend?"
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  7. - Top - End - #907
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    The Ravens Glory

    Mirielle wakes up late. She dashes to get ready, throwing on padding, armor, and cassock and snatching her haversack as she rushes out the door. On the street she knocks into more than a few on the damp streets, which makes her realize that she forgot her glasses at home. She sighs and continues on at a more circumspect pace.

    Once in their booth, Mirielle tears apart a small loaf of bread and begins assembling a sandwich from the cheese and sausage. "There have been four fires in the last two months that couldn't be ruled definitively as accidents, plus Zhentil Keep's embassy burned down. That one was said to be an accident, but I tend not to trust the Zhentarim. Anyway, I didn't have time to look into all of them, but I didn't have luck with the ones I did.

    "What does look more promising, is that there's someone else looking for him too." She pauses for a minute, less for effect than to dip her sandwich in a good-smelling sauce and take a bite. "Misti thinks it might be a trap, and I agree, so I want to turn that trap around on the bastard."
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-07-16 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Forgot location

  8. - Top - End - #908
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Finland

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    The Raven's Glory

    "Sounds like a good idea. Even if you're wrong, a little caution can't hurt. What do you know about the targets? If you haven't set anything up yet, you should send them a letter, invite them to Ladyrock tonight. There's no watch station out there, so they won't be shy." Spreading soft cheese onto a thin slice of bread, Aya chews thoughtfully for a while.

    "We can probably set up something in the north end of the isle. Think I saw a bit of a park there, and I like having trees around for this sort of thing. Or I could just use a rooftop, but that's not as fun, and it makes it harder to participate in the conversation if they play innocent."
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  9. - Top - End - #909
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    "I don't know much, unfortunately. His name is Alaister and he seems to know his way around the city, or at least where you can find the seedier citizens and get information out of them. It's entirely possible he isn't working for Cybrarvain, but if that's the case he's either a client and needs to be stopped, or he's looking for revenge too, and we can use his help."

    Mirielle scratches her face and considers for a moment. "I'll be guided by you on this, Aya. I have where he's staying, so I can leave a note for him at the front desk. What else should we do to prepare?"
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-07-16 at 10:01 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #910
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2008

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    The Raven's Glory

    "Morning." Jorran says as he approaches the booth. He mostly heard what they were saying as he walked in. Arbitrarily picking a place to sit down. He waits for a pause in the conversation before speaking as well. "I have some news as well. I got a message from a Greycloak yesterday. He said that 'Boss wants to see you. The five of you, where Summoner meets Raphiel'." He pauses for a second to take a bite of bread. "He also said that the meeting was to be at the 'onset of evening twilight', today. They know not to expect all of us to come though."
    Frog in the playground.

    My homebrewer's extended signature.

    I have Str 5!

    Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

  11. - Top - End - #911
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    The Raven's Glory

    "Tcha," Mirielle clucks. "They know who I am, and they pick the most inconvenient time of day. I don't suppose there's a way to get a message to them, that we can meet any time other than sundown?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Forgot to add earlier, 1-2 days til Aya's quiver arrives, 5 days til I can use Mercantile Background again.
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-07-17 at 05:16 AM.

  12. - Top - End - #912
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2008

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    The Raven's Glory

    "Not really." Jorran says. "The only time and place I know to find them right now is the ones they named, and that isn't very helpful. If it doesn't work, you could just not come and that'd be their problem."
    Frog in the playground.

    My homebrewer's extended signature.

    I have Str 5!

    Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

  13. - Top - End - #913
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Finland

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    The Raven's Glory

    "Yeah, I've kind of got the same issue with the timing. And I don't really want to get involved in their squabble anyway. How about you go and find out what they want? No need to mention we're still around, and if you want to recruit us afterward for whatever job they're offering, we can consider that knowing what it is." Aya shrugs, dismissing the greycloaks.

    "Anyway, back to this Alaister. If he's the suspicious sort, he'll probably want to scout out the meeting place ahead of time, so I'll head over there this morning and do some work in the area for the day. Leave him your letter after I go, and if you've got a physical description, I can keep an eye out for whether he shows and how he behaves. Set the meeting for two hours past sundown; that'll give all of us time. I'll be there already, so I can see if any minions show up. You and Jorran can arrive at the appointed time, and I'll just stay hidden nearby. Say to meet... under the biggest tree in the northeast corner of Ladyrock. That way we can all find it easily."
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  14. - Top - End - #914
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Mirielle nods. "I can do that. Unfortunately I haven't got a great description of Alaister. The man is pretty average, apparently, except for his green eyes."

  15. - Top - End - #915
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Finland

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    The Raven's Glory

    "Alright, that'll make it harder to notice if he's around, but it doesn't need to change the plan. Given what passes for average in this area, I take it he's human; I'll just have to watch more for behaviour patterns than facial features." Stretching, Aya dips a heel of bread into the sauce and leans back in her seat.

    "I haven't restocked on supplies since the goblins, so I'll pick up a few things before I head down there, lighten my purse a bit. You can leave your note and do whatever needs doing on your end. I'll be watching your back tonight, but if you have any subtle protections, you might want to have them handy. Even without planned trouble, we might not be the only ones holding court on the isle."
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  16. - Top - End - #916
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    "I will see what I can do. Thanks for helping with this."

    After their meal, Mirielle heads straight for the Posh Paladin, hoping to leave the note before Alaister rises for the day.

    Alaister,

    I understand you're looking for a certain incendiary elf. If that's the case, we may be able to help each other. Come to Ladyrock this evening, two hours after sundown, and meet me under the tallest tree in the northeast corner of the island. Come alone.

    Mirielle Greyhome

    That task completed, she begins making her own preparations. She heads to the establishments Misti'd mentioned and tries to glean a bit of information about her quarry: his abilities, primarily, but also his motivations and personality.

    Toward the end of the afternoon, she changes tack and heads to the more mercantile districts of the city, where she inquires about rare book dealers.

    Finally, she heads home to perform her devotions and make it to Ladyrock somewhat before her appointment with Alaister.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I think I should have time for four GI checks before needing to go prepare spells.

    Regarding Alaister (first two with divine insight): (1d20+15)[17] (1d20+15)[18] (1d20+5)[23] <=Tymora is having fun with me.
    Regarding books: (1d20+5)[17]
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-07-18 at 12:28 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #917
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    May 2010

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    @TheFallenOne:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Based on the letter, the following preparations I'd like to make are thus:

    Knowledge (Local) (Ladyrock): (1d20+17)[18]
    Gather Information (Ladyrock): (1d20+15)[18]

    For the first, I would like to know relevant information about customs surrounding Ladyrock. Is it well-traveled and public? Deserted, and ideal for ambushes?

    Knowledge (Local) (Mirielle Greyholme): (1d20+12)[19]
    Gather Information (Mirielle Greyholme): (1d20+10)[24]

    For these, focus on Known Associates, organizations she's a part of, and the like.

    Based on the answers, I'll give my answer. However, much like Misti's thoughts... That letter sounds like... well, a trap. So I want to find out the person who signed the letter, and the location she wants me to travel to, alone.
    Last edited by candycorn; 2012-07-18 at 01:01 AM.
    All of this has happened before...
    and all of this will happen again.

    Moving. Internet access is a bit spotty.

  18. - Top - End - #918
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    May 2010

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    @Thefallenone:
    Spoiler
    Show
    If I don't get any good information about Ladyrock, I'll pen the following letter, address it to Mirielle Greyholme, and pay an urchin 3 silver to deliver it 2 hours after sunset, and another 2 silver upon return the Raven's Express to deliver it 2 hours after sunset, standard rate.

    Mirielle,

    Your offer is tempting. Unfortunately, I am engaged in business presently, and am simply unable to get away from my contacts for any real length of time. If you wish to discuss the matter which you discussed, might I suggest the Raven's Glory? I believe I can arrange an appointment, and I would love to hear what you have to say.

    A.


    With that, I will disguise myself as a homeless person, as best I can, and head to Ladyrock personally to scout it out, avoiding attention to the best of my ability. (several hours pre meeting)
    Disguise: (1d20+12)[28]

    Focus will be: looking for good vantage points to see the tallest tree on the corner of the island.

    I will return shortly before the meeting time, under Disguise Self spell (40 minute duration, I will cast it while 10 minutes out, Disguising myself to look generally like the type of people in the area on my first visit. I will remain no more than 20 minutes, to see the urchin deliver the letter, and to count Mirielle's Companions. After that, or when Mirielle is about to leave, I will depart for the restaurant, unless I saw them obviously brandishing weapons.

    Disguise Self for the 2nd trip: (1d20+17)[32]
    Last edited by candycorn; 2012-07-18 at 04:33 PM.
    All of this has happened before...
    and all of this will happen again.

    Moving. Internet access is a bit spotty.

  19. - Top - End - #919
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Finland

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    After breakfast, Aya heads to Quehulio's to browse for a while, eventually picking up a glove to store her bow in, and checks back at Wyrmhoard to purchase a few arrows (and just as importantly, see if the shop clerk is the same old man as the last time she visited). Shortly before noon, she takes a ferry out to Ladyrock, spending several hours around the north end of the isle, alternately surveying the area - the lighthouse is an interesting vantage point, albeit one with restricted access - and continuing her earlier enquiries, keeping an eye out the whole time for anyone who seemed to be taking an interest in the park.

    Shortly before sundown, she checks to make sure no one is watching, and conceals herself among the branches of the largest tree, where she completes her nightly devotions amidst the familiar sound of rustling leaves. Twenty minutes before the meeting, she whispers a prayer and sharpens her vision, keeping a close watch as the evening's events unfold.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Purchasing a Glove of the Master Strategist and restocking on arrows. The Glove will hold her bow, for now.

    Aya will spend her time around the northern part of Ladyrock, asking questions and taking measurements.

    Profession: Surveyor to determine the height of the lighthouse: (1d20+10)[20]
    Gather Information on entrances to Sarbreen: (1d20)[14]
    Gather Information on the weather over the Sea of Fallen Stars for the last few weeks (especially storms, naturally): (1d20)[7]
    And of course, Spot to see if anyone matching Alaister's description (such as it is) is around: (1d20+12)[23]
    That probably takes us to shortly before sundown.

    Hide in the tree: (1d20+10)[13]
    Will cast Hawkeye before the meeting.
    Spot, keeping watch: (1d20+17)[24]
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  20. - Top - End - #920
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2008

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    After the meeting, Jorran also heads to Quehulio's, intending to purchase a bag that might help carry his gear with less strain. He also spends a while browsing.

    It was unfortunate that the Greycloaks had chosen to schedule this meeting so badly, but it wasn't as if he could do anything about it. They'd just have to accept the unexpectedly low attendance.

    Jorran walks to the meeting place, alone.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Buying a Heward's Handy Haversack. I was constantly very close to the light load limit before.
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2012-07-18 at 06:19 PM.
    Frog in the playground.

    My homebrewer's extended signature.

    I have Str 5!

    Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

  21. - Top - End - #921
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    May 2010

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    @Ladyrock meetings:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alaister uses the Raven's Express for the message, paying standard rate for the delivery (message has been edited above to include a meeting place). He makes sure to stay out of the open. He observes the group's numbers, but makes a point to spend as much time looking at other nearby structures as the tree. Provided there's enough opportunity, he'll notice which way the group leaves. (15 minutes is all I intend to remain, from 5 minutes before the meeting, to no more than 10 minutes after the scheduled time. That will leave me with 15 minutes of spell time to get out.)

    If the group splits up shortly after crossing the ferry, Alaister will tail Mirielle to wherever she goes late night. In this case, he'll let the duration expire, and continue following with the lower Disguise score (22).

    While at Ladyrock (close to meeting time), he'll hide, a good distance from the tree.
    Hide: (1d20+12)[17]
    Last edited by candycorn; 2012-07-19 at 05:07 AM.
    All of this has happened before...
    and all of this will happen again.

    Moving. Internet access is a bit spotty.

  22. - Top - End - #922
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Mirielle takes a ferry to Ladyrock shortly before the appointed time. She arrives with nearly a quarter of an hour to spare, and leans against the tree, peering out into the darkness, waiting for Alaister.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20)[12]

  23. - Top - End - #923
    Titan in the Playground
     
    TheFallenOne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Bitterstone

    It is again the scarred greycloak picking you up, and while he doesn't comment on Jorran showing up alone, he seems to get a little fidgety. He leads Jorran through some narrow sidepassages to the back entrance of a warehouse by the river, and the door opens a moment after the raven accompanying him flies through a broken window.

    The interior looks cluttered and grubby, dust settling on a large number of wooden barrels, crates and pieces of furniture, many of them broken. Barristan stands motionless in the middle of the room, another greycloak flanking him on either side, and when the door is closed again behind Jorran, indicating that no one else is coming, the atmosphere suddenly gets very tense, everyone nervously watching the still unmoving Barristan out of the corner of their eyes. The silence stretches for a good minute before Jorran is finally adressed. "You really think this was wise?"

    Ladyrock

    Finding a decent vantage point, Aya keeps a lookout on the intended meeting place and the comings and goings in the area. The manycolored leaves of autumn are still damp from the night, some of them every once in a while shed from their trees to join the still thin layer on the green.
    A while after she arrives, a ragged, likely homeless man arrives with the ferry from bitterstone and wanders through the trees, never coming too close to the tall black alder, but still she notices him glance at it suspiciously often. When he disappears behind a bush, she leans sideways to get him back in her field of vision, but doing so she slips on a patch of wood where the bark is missing, and Alaister, emerging once again from the tree cover, notices her in turn.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Funny dice. The scouting parties make unplanned early contact.
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!



  24. - Top - End - #924
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    May 2010

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Ladyrock

    Alaister, noticing that he's been made, curses silently to himself.

    Shouldn't have spent so much time looking at the damn tree. Still, that doesn't look much like Mirielle. Whoever it is knows her vantage points. Well, she seems to be alone, so I suppose now is as good a time as any to find out a few motivations. If she doesn't answer as I'd like... Well, she picked an excellent vantage point, quite out of the way. Rather high up, too, and slippery. A fall from there would be quite... tragic.

    Alaister then begins shuffling towards the lighthouse.
    Last edited by candycorn; 2012-07-19 at 09:00 AM.
    All of this has happened before...
    and all of this will happen again.

    Moving. Internet access is a bit spotty.

  25. - Top - End - #925
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2008

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Bitterstone

    "This?" Jorran says. "You are talking the others' absence? I was told to bring the others, but I never promised to deliver. I told them about this, of course, though only two of them. Couldn't meet the rest. Everyone had more pressing things to do with their time, or so they said." He pauses, gauging the reactions to what he said. "So. Why are we here?"
    Frog in the playground.

    My homebrewer's extended signature.

    I have Str 5!

    Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

  26. - Top - End - #926
    Titan in the Playground
     
    TheFallenOne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    An abandoned warehouse

    Barristan shows no reaction, though the man who initially delivered the message to Jorran begins to show sweat on his forehead. Without ever taking his eyes off Jorran, Barristan reaches back and tosses a small leather bag in front of the Luskanite's feet. "10.000 gold, in gems. That was our budget to get rid of those goblins, but you took care of it. You did the right thing for once Tolm, and you get accordingly." Though more or less complimenting Jorran, his deep voice betrays no warmth or friendliness. "Make sure it is evenly distributed with the other four, or you'll end up dead in a gutter. Now get lost."
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!



  27. - Top - End - #927
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sallera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Finland

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Ladyrock

    She'd climbed up here for a better look at the lighthouse, but it hadn't had much in the way of convenient hiding spots once she'd taken note of the drifter. After the initial flash of mutual acknowledgement, well, there wasn't much point in continuing the deception, and clearly he thought the same way. But if he thought to hold court atop a building... no, that would attract far too much attention.

    Stepping over the side of the warehouse, Aya drops twenty feet to the street with no apparent difficulty, landing as lightly as a cat. Passing near enough to the man to get a look at the colour of his eyes as she walks toward the wooded area, she nods in acknowledgement, a slight dip of her hooded head, and speaks lightly in Elven. "<It is a park of much potential, yes? Shall we consider it further?>"
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    August
    Sei
    Eikaba

  28. - Top - End - #928
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2008

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Warehouse

    Jorran picks up the bag and then looks at Barristan. "Gladly." Jorran says venomously, turning to leave. At least that hadn't taken long. Stowing the bag inside the haversack, he starts making his way to the other place he was supposed to meet people at.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Going to Ladyrock and waiting.
    Frog in the playground.

    My homebrewer's extended signature.

    I have Str 5!

    Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

  29. - Top - End - #929
    Titan in the Playground
     
    TheFallenOne's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Bitterstone

    Jorran stalks through the narrow streets that brought him here in the waning twilight, looking for one of the more frequented ones to get to the ferry on the west bank. Suddenly, the hairs on his arms stand on end. Danger. Looking up, he sees a black shilhouette descending on him, and a wooden staff wreathed in shadows collides with his forehead, causing a painful laceration. The man effortlessly landing in a three-point stance after his long fall is noticably broadshouldered, his simple hempen shirt tight over his muscles. He carries a flowing mane of straight black hair, his cleanshaven face with the paleness of a corpse. The eyes of a soft brown seem very out of place in his features, for they only radiate malice without promise of mercy. Several feet behind him, a dark brown coat, discarded during his jump, sails down to the cobblestone.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Attack 18, for 11 damage. Your turn
    If you try to talk, keep it to no more than a dozen words per turn
    Garbage and big puddles count as difficult terrain.

    DM only
    Spoiler
    Show
    Invisible Fist cooldown 2/3
    will use Baffling Defense if attacked
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2012-07-19 at 04:03 PM.
    Not a member of the Bayesian Conspiracy. Honestly. Probably. Maybe.
    Find your own priors!



  30. - Top - End - #930
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2008

    Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

    Bitterstone

    Ambush. Jorran was used to being on the other side. No matter. Acting on instinct, he turns as his blade sails into his hands, instantly brought to bear against his opponent.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Free Action: Draw greatsword.
    Immediate Action: Activate Ferocity
    Standard Action: Attack

    Attack Roll: (1d20+10)[27]
    Damage: (2d6+7)[16]
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2012-07-19 at 04:44 PM.
    Frog in the playground.

    My homebrewer's extended signature.

    I have Str 5!

    Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •