New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff IC

Spoiler
    Show
    as said above Keeva was dragged along to the Sanctuary, lacking decisions to the contrary. It is also the closest inn to your meetingplace with Blacktree, and directions to the Sanctuary were given by Vandroy. I can see no way how you could have ended in another inn separate from the rest of the group unless you actively tried go separate yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry. I missed that. Will edit accordingly.
    Just finding my roots again.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Mirielle wakes up shortly before dawn to bird song and the smell of the leaves in her bed. Oh crap. Heldantor tricked me into trying his whiskey and left me in the woods again. She looks around, and remembers where she is, and breathes a sigh of relief. She'd still have preferred the musty scent of books and scrolls, but at least she doesn't have to burn a spell to cure a hangover.

She rises and performs her morning devotions, prostrating herself and whispering a few words in Celestial. Then she slips a few copper pieces to the rust monster larva she bought in Ylraphon, pulls on her armor and vestments, and grabs her haversack.

Before she leaves the Sanctuary, she begs a slip of parchment from Wilander and leaves a note for her companions.

Hope you had a good night. I've gone to catch up with an acquaintance of mine, Aldar the Rashemi, and see if he can give me any advice about finding that assassin I told you about. Last I heard, Aldar's fairly well known, so if you need to, it shouldn't be too hard to find me. I'll catch you up later; perhaps we could meet in Fiddler's Green around lunch? Leave a note with Wilander.

-Mirielle

Satisfied with her note, Mirielle walks out and heads to Aldar's.

@TFO
    Spoiler
    Show
    Going to use Aldar as one of those merchant contacts from Mercantile Background you'd talked about; I'll let you make up details.
    Author of The Auspician's Handbook and The Tempestarian's Handbook for Spheres of Power.
    Ask me (or the other authors) anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lateral View Post
    Well, of course I'm paranoid about everything. Hell, with Jeff as DM, I'd be paranoid even if we were playing a game set in The Magic Kiddie Funland of Perfectly Flat Planes and Sugar Plums.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Spring Greenman by Comissar/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Aya's night is spent carefully not taking advantage of most of the luxury provided; although she does take the opportunity to bathe, at least, the feeling of being somewhere she wasn't supposed to keeps a constant presence in the back of her mind. The strange discrepancy in her memories while trancing occupies her thoughts as she eats a quick breakfast from the pockets of her cloak; even the experience of her first awakening to magic the previous day hadn't contained anything obviously false, and she couldn't remember ever seeing something so clearly wrong in a trance before. Given where she was, it seemed too significant to ignore... but unfortunately, she couldn't seem to make any sense of it. Perhaps it would become clearer in time.

Ambrath's ire was unlikely to be entirely abated by Blacktree's promised message that he'd gained what he wanted, and she could see Magnus about his proposed job tonight or tomorrow, so after finding Dalair and letting him know she was leaving, she pulls her hood up and makes her way quietly through the streets to deal with unrelated business. The Temple of Gond is tempting, but given the timing of her visit, it would probably be considered politic for a follower of Mystra - especially an official one - to avoid the Turning Wheel for the time being. Instead, she heads for the more practical areas of the merchant districts, wandering the busy streets without seeming purpose and listening to the gossip of the more adventurous looking shoppers as she browses the wares on display. Reputations were an important tool, and one she was still learning how to use, but the first step was always collecting them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gather Information: (1d20)[19] - Mostly looking for the public's general opinion of Wyrmhoard's quality, and perhaps any recent news about them. May as well start building the picture.
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Magnus spent half the night tossing and turning, waking up bleary-eyed. Ugh, nice place, but a bit too... elven for my taste. Still, if Ambrath doesn't often send people here, it's good for a couple days of peace, at least. He gets up, and prepares himself, and heads out. The note from Mirielle seems intriguing, and he scrawls a quick response across the bottom.

Checking out shopping, perhaps Quehulio's. Fiddler's Green's good. See you there. -M

At that, Magnus heads out, and begins seeking out Quehulio's.
    All of this has happened before...
    and all of this will happen again.

Moving. Internet access is a bit spotty.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

It had not been a particularly good night's sleep for Jorran, despite the relative quality of The Sanctuary's beds. He finally knew where to find the priestess. He had considered seeking some sort of audience with her now, but decided against it.

He walked down and took a look at the note. It sounded like a good idea to meet up with the rest. He clumsily scribbled out his own response. Jorran rarely actually had to write anything, and it was a skill he had learned quite late. His haphazard script read: Don't know Fiddler's Green, but I'll be there.

-Jorran

He finished, imitating Mirielle's signature. Then he got out. Lord Blacktree was a definite point of interest now, and he didn't have business here right now. He wanted to know who he was dealing with. He also wanted to know what kind of contacts he had. That might help narrow down what the priestess was affiliated with.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gather Info on Lord Blacktree, especially if he has affiliations with any churches. He doesn't really have much to go on, so he'll just try to pick up something useful via watering hole gossip and stuff like that.

(1d20+1)[11] Too bad I don't have enough skill points to spare for gather info..
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Try to include your location in the header of your post. If you go around asking for information, use the city district once the map is ready. For now I'll just keep it open

Aya

Spoiler
    Show
    Gather Information result:
    Wyrmhoard doesn't produce anything themselves; instead they have contracts with various smiths, tailors, toolmakers etc to buy in quantity for reduced price. Adventurers like them because here they can find all essentials and more for adventuring without having to thrift through half a dozen stores. The quality is good, with a focus on practicability and durability.
    One common complaint though is they still they still think like several decades ago when they were adventurers themselves and are slow to adapt to new ideas and innovations.

Jorran

Spoiler
    Show
    Gather Information result:
    He has mostly ties to the military; no word about whether he has any church affiliation. Though som claim he offered Blackwood Manor as shelter to priestesses of Sharess during the war.

Magnus - Quehulio's

Judging from Quehulio's facade, the entrance once was a way smaller building, but later the rest of the four-story structure spanning half a block was built around it. The huge windows don't show the inside and seem purely ornamental, depicting murals of magical creatures or scenes from local history.
    A large signboard is placed to the right of the entrance reading By entering this building, you agree to have all active magical effects purged from you and not to use further magical or quasimagical effects from spell, item, innate ability or any other source while within the confines. The text goes on quite a while in smaller writing after this.

Spoiler
    Show
    yes, Quehulio's has an E.U.L.A.
    if you enter, you are targeted by a Dispel Magic. A young mage greets you in the entrance hall and asks how he can help you

Mirielle - Ondrelspires

Spoiler
    Show
    well, let's say Aldar is one of the financial backers of Nightbird House. They primarily deal in luxury items like fancy women's clothes, perfume and jewelry. You remember him fondly, he visited your foster parents from time to time, always bringing a small and nice present for young Mirielle. He resides in an apartment in Ondrelspires. You haven't seen or heard much from him for over 10 years, though after the tragedy with your parents he visited to offer his condolences.

Mirielle is stopped by the luxurious apartment building's security force and her request to meet Aldar is relayed inside. After some minutes of waiting, she is led inside; his apartment is on the second floor and richly decorated in the style of his homeland.
    At first when they meet the atmosphere is oddly awkward, but then he quickly smiles widely. "Miri, it's been ages since I've seen you!" He has visibly aged with his once ravenblack hair now salt and pepper; from what she recalls, he's in his early fifties. "What leads you to the Bluff? If you need a place to stay, I have some friends in the Ampner family. They can give you a friendly price in one of their better apartment buildings."
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2012-03-01 at 08:04 PM.
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quehulio's

Magnus shrugs, and enters the establishment. When the mage greets him, Magnus replies, "I've recently come into a small amount of coin, and am looking for something that will heal me on the road. I've gone through quite a few potions, and would prefer something that a layman could use, but that wouldn't be consumed in the using. Also, I anticipate a bit of need for some short term backup support. Something quick, that can see in the dark, ideally, and also usable by a layperson. Also preferable if it doesn't consume itself in the using. Can you help me?"

@DM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Looking for a:
    Healing Belt
    Amber Amulet of Vermin (Giant Wasp) -Yes, I know the arena bans them, but only because the structure of the arena means the things may as well be *at will*.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Ondrelspires

Mirielle smiles widely. She hasn't been called Miri in a long time, and the old nickname brings back bittersweet memories. "It's so good to see you, Aldar! It looks like business is going well, and the years haven't treated you that badly, either.

"A recommendation for an apartment would be wonderful. I'm here on 'church business,' as they like to call it, and I'll be here for a while. I'm staying at the Sanctuary for now. It's comfortable enough," Mirielle says with a wry smile, "but waking up to bird calls reminds me too much of my novitiate."

She sizes up the graying man. "I mostly came to see how you've been, but I also need some advice. I don't imagine you heard what happened to the library down in Chondath?"
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-03-02 at 07:42 AM.
    Author of The Auspician's Handbook and The Tempestarian's Handbook for Spheres of Power.
    Well, of course I'm paranoid about everything. Hell, with Jeff as DM, I'd be paranoid even if we were playing a game set in The Magic Kiddie Funland of Perfectly Flat Planes and Sugar Plums.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Spring Greenman by Comissar/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

Quehulio's

Spoiler
    Show
    No not only because of that, the pricing is just way off. Once per day a CR 3 with nice poison. Compare to an Eternal Wand of Summon Monster/SNA III. You lose versatility and 1 use instead of 2, get longer duration, easier activation and pay a fraction of the price.
    No Amber Amulets, sorry.

Magnus has a tingling sensation when he crosses the treshold, and his formed Soulmelds are stripped from his body. Some moments later they reappear though, and the apprentice mage greeting him pauses in puzzlement. He consults a thin booklet that seems to contain charts with descriptive text far as Magnus can see, looking up multiple times to inspect the smith. "Alright, you're clear. How can I help you?"
    Upon describing his wish, Magnus is quickly led to the left side of the ground floor that displays a myriad of different belts, boots and gauntlets. "This is a Healing Belt, very popular choice. The specifics are explained here", the mage says, picking up a leaflet next to the belts.

Ondrelspires

"Sure, just tell me how much you can afford to spend on it, they got some quite fancy places. But a little luxury like here is nice to have, good place, own security force, a vault... Though the Sanctuary sure is nice for those wilderness folk, but that was never your thing, was it? I always got the brightest smile out of you when bringing you a dusty old tome."
    He furrows his brow in puzzlement. "Library in Chondath? No, what of it?"

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Ondrelspires

"That was where I've served Kelemvor for the last, oh seven years. Mostly keeping track of burial records, researching spells, finding old histories and such. It burned down. Was burned down, rather. I woke up surrounded by flames, and only some of the other priests were able to get out before they suffocated.

"There were signs of alchemist's fire in the atrium, Aldar. Lots of it. I called in a few favors with some of my parents' old friends, and I think I found out who did it--an elf named Cybrarvain who likes burning things down. I've been given some leeway to find and deal with him." Mirielle's face grows bleak. "He's forgotten that Kelemvor is the god of justice as well as the dead, and I'm going to remind him.

"He's supposed to be somewhere in the city, but I don't know where to start looking. I've spent so long in the library I've nearly forgotten how find information in a city. Do you have any advice on how to find him?"
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-03-02 at 09:30 AM. Reason: I keep forgetting the place name.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Ondrelspires

Aldar's face pales at Mirielle's tale. "It can't be. And fire of all things... Do you think this guy... murdered your parents as well?" He walks to a cupboard, pouring himself a big glass of amber liquid. "Maybe he feared you could identify him... No wait, that doesn't add up, he wouldn't have waited so many years then..."
    He sits silent for a while, thinking. "Try Misti Marva in Silverscales. Bad neighborhood, but she knows almost everyone in the harbor area and a good deal of the lowlifes can be found there. She also knows all the current rumors; hopefully she will be able to help you.
    And if you fear he might strike the same way again, maybe stay in the Sanctuary. Wilander is a druid, and I hear he put out more than one forest fire in his younger days. Or at least stay in a place with a Red Ravens building nearby."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Red Ravens are the city's firefighters

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Ondrelspires

A smile flickers across Mirielle's face. "Thank you, Aldar," she says. "I don't know why he burned down the library, but I'm going to find out. If he was trying to eliminate me as a witness, that's just more he has to answer for. I'll let you know once I do; I know you were close to my parents. I think I'd better get going. I'd really like to stay, but I should probably get to work if I want to catch Cybrarvain before he scarpers--or tries to kill someone else."

She rises to leave, and kisses Aldar's cheek fondly. "Oh, I nearly forgot," she says. "It's been quite a while since I've had to pay for lodging; what do your friends' apartments run?"
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-03-02 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Yet again...

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

Wyrmhoard

After spending a few hours wandering, Aya finds herself heading for the shop itself. It would be easier to act if she established her presence early, and all that listening and asking about would make more sense if she actually showed up at the place. And there were things she could learn inside, as well, if she were lucky enough to be able to roam without any excessively 'helpful' supervision. Of course, if the owners still thought like adventurers, that was unlikely, but whatever the answer, finding it would be useful.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

@DM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pity. That would have been useful in a pinch. Hm. Time to think of something else.

Should I assume, by your objection to the item's price, that Quehulio's and Glar Maru's Golden Palace sell items at listed prices?

Magnus thumbs through the leaflet, pondering. "This will suffice, and should be all I'll need. Where should I go to complete the sale, and what is the price of this particular belt?"

After purchasing his belt, Magnus will go to Glar Maru's Golden Palace, provided there's sufficient time before lunch to get there and still make Fiddler's Green.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

Ondrelspires

"Well, for a small apartment with separate kitchen and bedroom maybe five gold a day. That's the cheapest if you want more than a small room like in the Sanctuary. And if you like it fancier as I do - well, let's just say the prices rise accordingly."
    He bids her farewell, wishing good luck.

Quehulio's/Glar Maru's Golden Palace

all
    Spoiler
    Show
    yes, they sell at market price. Upon choosing an item, you are brought to an office where you pay cash and receipts are exchanged. For purchases over 5000 GP one of the senior staff, i.e. a dean of the Wizard's Guild is present.
    Now all of you have seen how this place operates we don't need to play through the same scene again whenever you go shopping. If all you want to do is pick up an item, consider it done.

There is still time before lunch to visit the Golden Palace, but nowhere enough to give it even a cursory glance as it turns out. The place is huge, a five-floored warehouse crammed so full with merchandise the floors are sagging. Small as a needle, big as a coach, everything is on display here, leaving preciously little room for the corridors. It seems whatever commodity you're looking for you'll find it here - provided you come with enough time on your hands.

Wyrmhoard

This simple stone building looks old, but relatively recently renovated. The double doors show the house's symbol - two hands forming a cup, filled with golden coins - and opening the doors parts the symbol in the middle. Inside, everything unenchanted an adventurer needs - or so the proprietors claim - is neatly sorted in rows, be it clothing, tools, weapons or armors. The whole interior shows no decoration with one rather eyecatching exception: a huge canvas painting covering almost the entire back wall, showing a huge green dragon, smiling happily in his sleep while some laughing young adventurers steal his hoard in overflowing wheelbarrows.
    An old man leans on the counter, and for a short moment he shows a look of puzzlement upon seeing Aya, but it quickly fades. "Welcome to Wyrmhoard, can I help you with anything?"
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2012-03-03 at 08:41 PM.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

Finishing up the last of her preparations, Keeva straps her crossbow onto her back, and heads out of the Sanctuary. She puts on her monocle, and heads off to Torchtown, to The Quiet Mind.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

"Hi there!" Aya greets the man with a bright smile and a cheery wave, making no effort to hide the mark of Mystra on her hand. "I figure I'll probably be doing some hunting soon, so I was looking for a few alchemical safeguards. Antitoxin, especially; maybe something for long trips... oh, and maybe a new bag, if I see one I like."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

Mirielle glances at the sky to gauge the time. Thinking better of going to Silverscales without company to discourage any who might accost her, she instead decides to head to Fiddler's Green early and see if she can find out more about the Four Ravens and their alleged reestablishment.

Spoiler
    Show
    Particularly regarding that gravedigger.

Gather Information: (1d20+5)[19]

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Glen Maru's Golden Palace

Magnus scowls at the clutter, deciding that he won't have the time in the near future to find what he's looking for. He resolves to pick the brains of his newer companions for some other goods, prior to his journey tomorrow. At that, he leaves, for Fiddler's Green.
    Last edited by candycorn; 2012-03-04 at 12:37 AM.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Fiddler's Green

Mirielle's inquiries don't tell her much she didn't know already, and she has the distinct impression that those few who seemed to know more were reluctant to share. Other people mostly rehashed rumors and speculation, with wildly different opinion whether the Last Raven is the mastermind of a secret organisation or a simple man tired of being reminded of his parents' fate time and again. The only new thing she learns is that an acquaintance of one wanderer had planned to investigate the rumors and wasn't heard from again afterward. Maybe he was silenced, maybe he joined the Ravens and they operate completely underground. Or maybe he just ran away from his sizable gambling debts.

After a while, Magnus enters the park as well, and their eyes meet.

Wyrmhoard

"Sure, sure." The man steps in front of the counter; his gate is noticable slowed be it from age or injury, but otherwise he still seems robust enough. "Alchemicals are here, both general antitoxins and counters to some more or less common specific poisons. Bags and other containers are over there after the clothing articles. Big, small, safer against pickpocketing or designed for quick access, whatever you need."

The Quiet Mind

Near the northwestern corner of the city, Keeva comes upon her destination. A tall, bony man with receding blond hairline is kneeling in front of two scrawny young boys, 10, maybe 12 years old. The boys notice the new arrival first and step protectively in front of the man, but with a short smile and silent word he sends them scurrying back to the building. He stands up, mustering Keeva, and for a moment his eyes flicker to the miniature ballista on her back, though his look betrays more interest than concern. "I see you are new in town. What brings you to my home, stranger?"
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2012-03-04 at 12:15 PM.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

Keeva
    The Quiet Mind

"Good morning, sir. Indeed I am." Keeva says, trying her best to hide her surprise, and submitting to the fact that far too many people knew about her travelling than she cared for. "Just arrived two nights past. I was told I could find someone here who was a bit knowledgeable on weapons. Someone named Malgaris?"

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

The Quiet Mind

"Yes, that is me. Now please have the decency to tell me your name and what you want of me."

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Having gleaned whatever information he can, Jorran makes way to Fiddler's Green. After asking a random bystander for the way to the park, he had no more problems with getting lost in the city. Raven's Bluff wasn't as confusing as he had thought it might be,
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Wyrmhoard/The Sanctuary

"Excellent." Quickly scanning the antitoxins, Aya takes two of the general ones, as well as a handful of daystrider capsules - useful if she were called on to hunt someone leaving the city, even if they gave one a bit of an odd tingle in the lungs. She takes her time with the bags, inspecting a few of the sturdier ones closely and examining storage spaces and weight distribution - all the while making use of one of Vachalan's more obscure mental techniques to aid her memorization of the makers' marks, cementing them firmly in the sequence of her experience where she could recall them later. Her old pack probably could use replacing, so she decides on one eventually. The wall of blades seemingly catches her eye as she turns, and she scans that as well, memorizing marks before hefting a couple of the finer swords and feeling the weight. Shaking her head with a feigned sigh - they were nice, but she didn't use her blade often enough to justify buying a better one, especially here - she returns them to the wall and hands over several platinum pieces to the shopkeep with a mental wince. Almost everything I got from Blacktree yesterday, paid to keep up appearances. Really wish we hadn't screwed that job up. I rather hope Magnus's offer comes through; I could use some money, and I don't want to get in between Ambrath and Blacktree any more than necessary.

Long habit keeps Aya from simply discarding her old pack, and she makes her way toward the Sanctuary with the new one in hand; she needed accommodation anyway, and it sounded like the best place in town for someone like her - that was, after all, why she'd directed the others there. Waving to the hawk as she enters, she waits for the proprietor to arrive, a feeling of comfort slowly rolling over her. Yes... I like this place already. Open, plenty of foliage, and the atrium looked like it was probably close enough to the park outside for an emergency stride.

"Nice inn you have here," she comments with a smile once the druid shows up. "Have you got a room free for the next week or so?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Purchasing two antitoxins, five daystrider capsules, and a backpack. Also using Autohypnosis to memorize the makers' marks on the bags and swords. It's DC15, and Aya has +3, so it'll only take a couple tries.

I wasn't planning on it, but I think the timing actually has Aya at the Sanctuary around the same time the others are at the Green, so I'll probably have her join you afterward.
    Last edited by Sallera; 2012-03-05 at 05:09 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Fiddler's Green

Magnus strides over towards Mirielle, briskly, breaking out into a grin, and speaking, "So, how has your first day in Ravens Bluff been? Everything you were hoping? I've not had much chance to look around; mostly just visited a couple shops. Glen Maru's is rather a large place; I'll need more time to properly look it over. Honestly, after the food on our last voyage, I'm more interested in antitoxin than anything else!"

Magnus chuckles at the last sentence, though the accuracy of the seemingly harmless joke hits a bit too close to home.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Fiddler's Green

"True. I'll probably be looking for poison in my drink for a month." Mirielle grins and points to the holy symbol around her neck. "'Course, I have an advantage over most people in that way.

"My morning went well. I checked in with an old family friend, who gave me some advice on finding Cybrarvain, then I came back here and talked to some people. Lots of rumors going around about the Four Ravens." Mirielle suddenl breaks off and waves. "Oy! Jorran!" she shouts. "I think that's our unsociable mercenary friend over there."
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-03-05 at 02:32 AM.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Jorran lazily waves back, walking over to the other two. "Think the other two are coming?" He starts, though he guesses that the answer will be "no". At least, he hadn't seen their signatures on the note, and he hadn't exactly been the earliest bird this morning. "This park was harder to find than you'd think." Jorran mutters, looking around. It was a rather large and distinctive place, but he had nearly lost his way anyway. "So.. What now?"
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2012-03-05 at 03:56 PM.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

The Sanctuary

"Actually, all rooms are currently occupied", Rowan Wilander replies. "But one guest plans to leave sometime this evening, so you can have his room if you come back tonight. I'm afraid though I won't have time to properly clear out the room by then. Regretably, some people do leave kind of a mess behind..."

Spoiler
    Show
    it was a hawk actually

The weapons(masterwork quality all of them) show all the same mark: a wheel with 12 spokes, at the center an anvil

If I got JtG right he just left the note openly at the reception, so you'd see it as well

Fiddlers' Green

The park is a quiet, serene place, well maintained with duskwood, oak, evergreen and blueleaf. At the center is an eight-jet water fountain of Waukeen, thought the ravens flock to it in such large numbers it is difficult indeed to recognize the goddess.

Jorran
    Spoiler
    Show
    when you asked for the way here, someone referred to the park as 'Bloody Boots' for some reason

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

The Sanctuary/Fiddler's Green

"Well, it'll do. I might be back a bit late tonight anyway, so I'll just leave this here." Placing a few coins on the desk, she notices the note and grins. "Ah, I see my friends found their way here last night. Maybe I should go track them down... Fiddler's Green is that park, right?"

It is a bit early for lunch, but Aya wanders the park for a while, drinking tea, until she comes across the gathering. "Morning, all. I see most of us, at least, have managed to avoid being accosted by any disgruntled employers."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei