New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP FiM] Bridle Shores Out of character thread 6

Sorry. Haven't been posting much. If we assume quaver gave her excess marshmallows to mystic for her gaming session, there was nothing else I had planned for her today. Is that ok Soft?

2. - Top - End - #542
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Sorry. Haven't been posting much. If we assume quaver gave her excess marshmallows to mystic for her gaming session, there was nothing else I had planned for her today. Is that ok Soft?
    Yeah, that's fine.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, I think my lessons could be wrapped up soon, assuming Sildra doesn't object.

Hold on a minute here. I've been left behind!

Well, I think your scene is around a good cut-off point too.

Basically, I'm not quite ready yet, but I will be soon.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

4. - Top - End - #544
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    Sorry about that. Things tend to pile up, and then I forget. One of the reasons I'm retiring 2 out of 3 of my characters in FwM.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Troll in the Playground

Well, the bakery scene is still quite a-ways away from wrapping up (because Hawk), but... We'll think of something, I'm sure. Maybe their efforts to make a bride of frankenwaffle take so long they go into the next day.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

6. - Top - End - #546
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I think my lessons could be wrapped up soon, assuming Sildra doesn't object.

Well, I think your scene is around a good cut-off point too.

Basically, I'm not quite ready yet, but I will be soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Well, the bakery scene is still quite a-ways away from wrapping up (because Hawk), but... We'll think of something, I'm sure. Maybe their efforts to make a bride of frankenwaffle take so long they go into the next day.
    It's been a few days with little posting in the main threads, so what's the status update?
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    It's been a few days with little posting in the main threads, so what's the status update?
    Still waiting on Sildra to give a continuation or conclusion.

Say, I've got a couple questions. First, how far are we going to time-skip this time? Second, is anyone up for some possibly pointless information on my characters while we wait?

8. - Top - End - #548
    Titan in the Playground

Say, I've got a couple questions. First, how far are we going to time-skip this time? Second, is anyone up for some possibly pointless information on my characters while we wait?
    1) I didn't think we were going to timeskip at all, this is just the next ponyday (after a legendarily long one).

2) Sure, go ahead. Writing out character info is fun.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Dwarf in the Playground

1) I didn't think we were going to timeskip at all, this is just the next ponyday (after a legendarily long one).

2) Sure, go ahead. Writing out character info is fun.
    Got it. So things will be pretty simple. Anyway, here's a bit on how each of my characters came to be, along with some observations of mine, all of which may or may not be interesting.

Night Jewel:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unlike my other characters, Night Jewel was actually created on the spot for this roleplay. Her concept was rather simple at first, but after a bit of time and experience, she grew into one of my most interesting characters.

As you've probably figured out by now, she was designed with the "Loveable Rogue" concept in mind. However, I wanted to try a new spin on it. I didn't want the clichéd motivation of greed, and after a bit of consideration, realized that she could be driven by boredom instead. She's too clever for her own good (or possibly too clever for everypony else's good), and can't find many good uses for her cleverness, and thus tends to get in trouble just to see if she can get out of it.

She's rather afraid of losing ponies she's close to. This wasn't something I had planned out beforehand; rather, it came up in the actual roleplay. In her past, she's had to leave many friends behind, whether because she had to skip town or alienated them personally, so she's gotten a bit desperate to keep the ones she has.

Her backstory is otherwise rather vague, and likely to remain so. She doesn't really need a complicated past, and in my opinion, it's more fun to have it be a mystery for now. She may well be older than she looks, and she might have other unusual aspects that even she doesn't really know about. Speculation is welcome.

She's quite fun to play, and possibly my favourite of all the characters I've created for this. She's got a good mixture of playfulness, intelligence and mystery, and worked out much as I intended. I hope you think the same - she's probably pretty fun to know, too.

Flower Tail:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Flower Tail was actually designed to be the first boss for a game I'm planning. She was intended to show up and offer her help, but the player character would turn her down, not needing her and not wanting to put her in danger. This is where the part of her backstory involving the researcher came from.

She's got a big attitude, possibly compensating for her small size and her "cute" magic. I chose her power because I thought it would be funny to have a tiny filly with powers over flowers acting all tough. She's got a fairly sharp mind, but tends to use it more like a bludgeon. She's rather prone to getting in over her head, but when she actually bothers to think things through and keeps her temper, she can pull off some neat things.

She's probably the pony of mine who will have the most character development. Gradually, she's going to become more mature and more level-headed, and her powers will grow as well. She'll still be pretty sassy, though. The fact that she requires this development is also the reason she isn't likely to appear in FWM - to survive in the darker setting, she'd have to either be more cautious or more powerful, and doing either would weaken the point of her character.

Winterflap:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Winterflap was originally designed as a sort of foil to Flower Tail, and because I didn't have enough pegasus characters. She's not very developed compared to my other characters, but I think she's interesting in her own right, and it's fun to have amusing misfortune happen to her.

She's quiet and gentle because it contrasts with Flower Tail's loud and boisterous personality. Of all my ponies, I think she's the one that resembles me the most - timid, well-meaning and artistic. Her main development will probably be becoming more outgoing and cheery, but she's generally a pretty simple character.

Sweetheart:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Sweetheart's concept actually came to me when I was playing around in the pony creator, but I'm not sure. Whatever the case, she was originally intended as just a pony who had powers involving feelings. I do know that she became a maid when I finished her picture and thought she kind of looked like one.

At first, I intended her power to be controlling her own emotions, but it seemed too narrow, so I added the fact that she could influence the emotions of others. To make things as interesting as possible, I decided that she couldn't "turn off" her power - to avoid affecting other ponies, she had to abandon all her emotions - and that she disliked the implications of it enough to only use it when necessary, even if it meant she had to suffer.

As you are probably aware, there were some objections to her at first. Her premise is rather dark by Equestria standards, and I had to be careful to actually have her be accepted. Still, I'm really proud of what she became, and I'm very glad she got let in. She also happened to be very well suited for defeating Simmer.
    Last edited by PurityIcekiller; 2012-07-20 at 12:55 AM.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Troll in the Playground

yargh, that might be who knows how long, haven't seen Sildra on skype in a while for me to nag remind them to post and what not again, to not forget about the rp.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-07-21 at 12:51 PM.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, the scene with the Frankenwaffle is going to get montage'd into the next day. That just leaves Night Jewel and Fine Twine. I haven't seen Sildra online in a bit either, so I'll leave it up to Purity:

Do you want to just timebubble the end of that scene, or wait and see if we can get in touch with Sildra?
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-07-21 at 07:21 AM.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Dwarf in the Playground

Okay, the scene with the Frankenwaffle is going to get montage'd into the next day. That just leaves Night Jewel and Fine Twine. I haven't seen Sildra online in a bit either, so I'll leave it up to Purity:

Do you want to just timebubble the end of that scene, or wait and see if we can get in touch with Sildra?
    If we don't know what's become of Sildra, I'd rather not leave you all hanging any longer than I have to. I suppose I'll have to accept that. Besides, I have plans for the next day.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, so with that, I think we're into the next ponyday.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Pixie in the Playground

Eep!

I dunno what's come of me lately. I keep losing track of alot of the stuff I do lately.

Thanks to Benson for poking me. I needed it.

Anywho, I can go either way really. If you want, I can have FT decide to delay the next lesson so that I can get my head back in the game for later. I'll prolly have to play catchup later on and just go on hiatus.

Edit: Or, to help me get back in, but also let ponies have their time, we could, I dunno, make it a 'montage' post? ^^'
    Last edited by sildra45; 2012-07-21 at 10:25 PM.

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

15. - Top - End - #555
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sildra45 View Post
    Eep!

I dunno what's come of me lately. I keep losing track of alot of the stuff I do lately.

Thanks to Benson for poking me. I needed it.

Anywho, I can go either way really. If you want, I can have FT decide to delay the next lesson so that I can get my head back in the game for later. I'll prolly have to play catchup later on and just go on hiatus.

Edit: Or, to help me get back in, but also let ponies have their time, we could, I dunno, make it a 'montage' post? ^^'
    It's good to know that you're all right. I was worried.

A montage sounds good, if you're up to it. It'll accomplish what we need, allow you to have a bit of fun, and be traditional. I'm not too picky, though, so whatever works best for you will work for me.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Pixie in the Playground

It's good to know that you're all right. I was worried.

A montage sounds good, if you're up to it. It'll accomplish what we need, allow you to have a bit of fun, and be traditional. I'm not too picky, though, so whatever works best for you will work for me.
    A;right then. What would you like the montage to accomplish, and what would you like to wait for?

Edit: e.g. how accomplished would you like her to be at the end of a training montage. :p
    Last edited by sildra45; 2012-07-22 at 04:31 AM.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sildra45 View Post
    A;right then. What would you like the montage to accomplish, and what would you like to wait for?

Edit: e.g. how accomplished would you like her to be at the end of a training montage. :p
    She'll probably get the basics quickly. She's a fast learner when you get her motivated. The montage should probably include the occasional non-musical activity that helps her learn in other ways. Still, I'm not really the best judge of such things.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Troll in the Playground

Hey Grif, would you still be up for the whole Silverpine + Gearstride trying to play matchmaker for Sandy storyline? I don't think either of us mind if you would only be able to do a one post a day or every other day because of your busy schedule.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Pixie in the Playground

Posting soon. Took me a bit to finish something special for this montage. ^^'

Edit: And Posted
    Last edited by sildra45; 2012-07-23 at 04:54 PM.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Hey Grif, would you still be up for the whole Silverpine + Gearstride trying to play matchmaker for Sandy storyline? I don't think either of us mind if you would only be able to do a one post a day or every other day because of your busy schedule.
    If you guys don't mind, then go ahead. Just try not to get too far ahead, else I might as well drop out.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    If you guys don't mind, then go ahead. Just try not to get too far ahead, else I might as well drop out.
    It begins and stuff

22. - Top - End - #562
    Dwarf in the Playground

Say, I've got a little decision to make. Should I have Night Jewel go to the library first, or get involved in the matchmaking?

23. - Top - End - #563
    Titan in the Playground

Say, I've got a little decision to make. Should I have Night Jewel go to the library first, or get involved in the matchmaking?
    Get involved in the matchmaking.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Titan in the Playground

It may take a bit for the matchmaking to get started, but she's free to barge in on it.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-07-25 at 01:17 AM.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Oh crap... the slumber party!

How about we just fast forward, skip it, and say Purple, Mystic, Foxglove, Silvermane, Gearstride, Eclair, White Truffle and all the aminals are good friends now?

And Silvermane agreed to puppysit Sugar.

'kay all?
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

26. - Top - End - #566
    Troll in the Playground

I'm fine with it, will be more than a while for Hawkflight to reply back with their apparent computer issues.

Maybe, a montage highlighting what activities they did and all that silliness?

27. - Top - End - #567
    Troll in the Playground

I request a montage, yeah. Also, I'm not sure "good friends" is the term I'd use...But certainly friendly and willing to see more of.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

28. - Top - End - #568
    Troll in the Playground

@Grif

Mmm, there was actually nopony in particular he was going to be shipped with as far as I know. I thought Gear and Silverpine were just going to set him up on not intentional by their part, unsuccessful dates.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Oh crap... the slumber party!

How about we just fast forward, skip it, and say Purple, Mystic, Foxglove, Silvermane, Gearstride, Eclair, White Truffle and all the aminals are good friends now?

And Silvermane agreed to puppysit Sugar.

'kay all?
    Maybe friends, but as Deme said, probably not exactly Good friends.

Also, Mystic and Eclair probably left when everypony started acting drunk.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Maybe friends, but as Deme said, probably not exactly Good friends.

Okay not good friends but friends.
    Also, Mystic and Eclair probably left when everypony started acting drunk.
    "HEY! Whe-whe.. where you going? Day partay has blustbegun! Cmon and hang out!"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris