New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: [MLP FiM] Bridle Shores Out of character thread 6

Thanks a'plenty.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Troll in the Playground

aaaaaaand, still waiting, Purityicekiller. Maybe Lilac Shade, though they have nothing to go on with Winterflap at the moment.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Titan in the Playground

(Actually should we find Sandy or not? Or leave it up to random rolls?)
    I hadn't planned either way. I'd say leave it up to characters just on principle, seems a little odd to just roll a dice and say "oh I guess they found him". If you think they'd look in this last dumpster, then go ahead. Night Jewel is still hanging around, so he's getting caught either way.

I do think that the dating plot will still happen, this just ended up being a larger bump in the road than I thought it would be. Larger, but definitely more interesting than "and then Sandy gets caught like a chump".
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Troll in the Playground

A work in progress doodle of Gearstride and Silverpine. I'mma be workin' on it, makin' it pertier and more anatomically correct in terms of mlp pony anatomy xD
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey Grif, how does this version of Silverpine's mane look like? I've just been going off your avy for the grimdark Silverpine.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-08-18 at 06:56 AM.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    A work in progress doodle of Gearstride and Silverpine. I'mma be workin' on it, makin' it pertier and more anatomically correct in terms of mlp pony anatomy xD
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey Grif, how does this version of Silverpine's mane look like? I've just been going off your avy for the grimdark Silverpine.
    'bout the same, I reckon. Nice work on the sketch there, though the pose seemed quite awkward.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Troll in the Playground

awkward you say? past tense you used? pray tell/explain, so I may see to it in my next draft/doodle ^.^

7. - Top - End - #637
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    awkward you say? past tense you used? pray tell/explain, so I may see to it in my next draft/doodle ^.^
    *seem.

Yeah, I think it's more of how Gear is being draped like that across Silverpine, forcing Silverpine to turn his head. It makes me think of how awkward it would be to initiate HPK in such a position.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    *seem.

Yeah, I think it's more of how Gear is being draped like that across Silverpine, forcing Silverpine to turn his head. It makes me think of how awkward it would be to initiate HPK in such a position.
    Aaah...okay xD

Whelp, I like to think they're trying to do the d'awwww nuzzle thing, in which Gearstride then makes the move to initiate HPK only to find they picked a sucky position to start in as she just ends up falling over on the otherside. minor lulz. ;D

9. - Top - End - #639
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

And Greif's Cafe is now officially open, if anybody wants some coffee or a sandwich.

Or, if they can wait 'til evening, various brands of cider and snacks. XD
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Pixie in the Playground

Alright. I think I'll forget about the workout guy.

Next attempt; input VERY welcome

Name: Silvered Flare

Species: Dragon

Specialty: Metal Working

Appearance: 6ft tall when standing, with an extra 4ft of tail behind him, Silvered Flare is lean with visible muscle, but not too much. His scales are silver, with belly scales of fire red. His back is lined with steel plates, rather than having a crest, and he sports long pointed ears. Lacking horns or ear fins, he makes a strange appearance for a dragon. He has been rarely confused as an armadillo, thanks to his backplates.

Background: Silvered Flare is an outcast from the dragonlands, being too kind and gentle for a dragon of his age group to be allowed in the dragon territories. In his travels, he has learned to use his flames to melt metals, and he can shape molten metal with his bare claws due to his innate immunity to extreme heat being increased by his natural magic.

His other oddity from dragons is his lack of affection for eating gems, instead preferring to use them in jewelery, unless it's a Ruby, in which case it enters his gullet without a moment's thought. His primary meals usually consist of simpler ores, such as iron or copper.

One of his goals is to learn the flame magic that allows dragons in the Equestrian lands to send messages, as well as find a place he can call home. A place he can be accepted for who he is.

Personality: To be developed via 'play by ear'.

Other: Since he's never been able to harness his dragon magic for anything else, Silvered Flare uses his fire for various things, including cooking his rare veggie meals and creating small spheres of fire he can use to light an area for short time. His belly scales can also produce a dull glow, and also become very warm in cases of cold conditions.

Any thoughts or suggestions? If it's good, I'll repost it into the character thread. :)

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

11. - Top - End - #641
    Titan in the Playground

Grif, waiting on Silverpine in the Bits and Credit thread.

12. - Top - End - #642
    Dwarf in the Playground

Expect my posting productivity to drop even further than normal, as I'll be out for the next few days. My apologies.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

13. - Top - End - #643
    Pixie in the Playground

Posting him into the character thread. I'm assuming the silence means nothing is wrong. ^^;

14. - Top - End - #644
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sildra45 View Post
    Posting him into the character thread. I'm assuming the silence means nothing is wrong. ^^;
    Meant to say this yesterday, but as I've learned with Garion, it can really help to get some personality down early instead of saying "meh, it'll fill in on its own". Even just a few basic details really helps. Otherwise, I know I always found myself wondering what the hay Garion would do in a situation because I didn't know the character well enough.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Meant to say this yesterday, but as I've learned with Garion, it can really help to get some personality down early instead of saying "meh, it'll fill in on its own". Even just a few basic details really helps. Otherwise, I know I always found myself wondering what the hay Garion would do in a situation because I didn't know the character well enough.
    Well, considering Garion lacked memories to begin with, that's probably how he himself would have felt in those situations sometimes. He was an almost complete blank slate, and you've been filling it in very nicely. :)

16. - Top - End - #646
    Titan in the Playground

Sounds like he tries to avoid conflict whenever possible, preferring to come to peaceful solutions, and may be a tiny bit of a doormat.

Maybe that'll help you come up with an idea.

17. - Top - End - #647
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Sounds like he tries to avoid conflict whenever possible, preferring to come to peaceful solutions, and may be a tiny bit of a doormat.

Maybe that'll help you come up with an idea.
    Juuust maybe. :p

Anyhoof...anypony wanna be his first introduction to Bridle Shores?

18. - Top - End - #648
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sildra45 View Post
    Juuust maybe. :p

Anyhoof...anypony wanna be his first introduction to Bridle Shores?
    Smoothie could be, since you mentioned you wanted them to interact.

That is, if nopony has any objections to this character idea.

19. - Top - End - #649
    Troll in the Playground

Whelp, Cadmium and Flower Tail are on their way into town, coming in from the direction of the road/path to the beach, so there's that option too. ^^

20. - Top - End - #650
    Pixie in the Playground

How about I just have'im drop into the middle of town since he IS a dragon and can fly. :p

Edit: Posted in the general thread I have.
    Last edited by sildra45; 2012-08-21 at 12:41 AM.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Troll in the Playground

Hello MLP FiM FFRPers. I just thought I'd let those playing this wonderful game know that I have started recruiting for my second MLP WW game:
    My Little Pony WW II: The Shadow Reign
    is recruiting now. Please Join.

If you don't wish to play, just ignore this message. Thank you.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

22. - Top - End - #652
    Titan in the Playground

Purity: Waiting on Night Jewel before continuing with Sandy. Think we might be montaging it up soon to save a bit of time and setup.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Titan in the Playground

After thinking it over a bit, I think there should be some sort of standardized rule about what happens if you don't post for a certain period of time (Probably several days) in a group scene without prior warning that you won't be able to post, and it being clear that you can consistently get on the site and post in that time.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Pixie in the Playground

Work today. Will be able to reply LATE tonight. Sorry.

25. - Top - End - #655
    Ettin in the Playground

After thinking it over a bit, I think there should be some sort of standardized rule about what happens if you don't post for a certain period of time (Probably several days) in a group scene without prior warning that you won't be able to post, and it being clear that you can consistently get on the site and post in that time.
    Very good point. We have had scenes in both FiM and FwM stalled because of people dropping out without warning. No offense to those who had genuine reasons, but it is a little off-putting waiting around doing nothing.

26. - Top - End - #656
    Troll in the Playground

Yes. Yes, so much. I really don't dig it when a scene gets dragged down for no reason. I don't dig lack of communication either in why one is dragging a scene down. It'd be lovely, just lovely if the person could at least let the others know.

Because, if you're going to be out of town, that's cool, have fun. If you're too sick to think straight, that's cool, my wishes that your health gets better. If you can't think of anything to post, just say 'pass my turn'. Simple. Etc.

Php is a team effort thing, if ya ain't gonna be a team player, don't involve yourself in the scene if its only going to drag others down without a reason. Be courteous.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-08-23 at 09:44 PM.

27. - Top - End - #657
    Titan in the Playground

So, with no advance warning and it being clear you've been on and active in that time, how about 36 hours? Naturally, we can wait longer if we receive advance warning, but that seems like a fair amount of time.

28. - Top - End - #658
    Troll in the Playground

I will go with thirty six hours if the conditions you mentioned are invoked by the player.

29. - Top - End - #659
    Ettin in the Playground

Hope nobody's waiting on Quaver for anything. I've had to step back from the RP while I work on a side project of mine for a PbP game. I intend to come back to this in a month or two once I have that set up and running smoothly :3

30. - Top - End - #660
    Pixie in the Playground

Worn from work. I'll post asap.

Dragon scene: Waiting to find out if anypony else is going to post about both Flare and Flower's shenanigans.

Hydra + Knack scene: Will post once I've made up my mind how they'll find the situation.

Edit: Don't be afraid to poke me on Skype.
    Last edited by sildra45; 2012-08-26 at 01:14 AM.