New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1429303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1315
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: [MLP FiM] Bridle Shores Out of character thread 6

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    I'm actually curious as to why she snapped like that. Getting her to admit why might do it, though snatching Sandy away to buy time might be wise.
    *puts on "Literature Graduate" hat and "Character Analysis" monocle*

Silver asked her why she was unhappy. That... wasn't a good idea. You see, the answer to why she's unhappy is obvious - the stallion she loved dumped her like yesterday's news, and coping doesn't seem to be in her list of skills and talents. And even if she was good at coping and moving on, that's still a pretty horrible feeling and experience, and not something you just get over easily. And he only dumped her about a year or so ago. She's become a Wonderbolt since then; becoming a 'Bolt was probably something she used as a distraction/way to get over the pain Sandy put her through. Hard to feel hurt and upset when your mind is 100% focused on something important.

And now Sandy's back, and he screwed up his reunion plan bad, making things much worse. So Snow is mad as hell, and probably experiencing all that pain and rage all over again. She told him what she'd do if he came back; she's now mad enough to follow through with that promise. The stallions are probably making things worse, by forcing her to think through her feelings and stuff when she really just wants to instinctively vent her frustrations rather than actually acknowledge deal with them. So asking her why she was unhappy... kinda just poured a whole bunch of salt in a freshly reopened wound. Silverpine accidentally pushed her over her limit. Hence the snapping and going psycho.

Sorry for the wall of text. But I don't get to use my Lit Degree very often, so I get a big kick out of analyzing the crap out of PCs and NPCs.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Ettin in the Playground

So... forcing her to examine her feelings might work. Especially if we can remind her to put aside her hurt and think about how Sandy loved her.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

So... forcing her to examine her feelings might work. Especially if we can remind her to put aside her hurt and think about how Sandy loved her.
    Yeah, that might work. But the trick will be calming her down. Right now, she's not in a thinking mood. She's running on sheer anger and instinct right now. We need a way to distract her or snap her out of it. Something to grab her attention, and help her to see the big picture/put things in perspective/not go freaking pyscho.

Something tells me trying to physically stop her/grab Sandy would just push her over the edge of reason and make her go "Full Aggro," as the Crocodile Hunter would have put it.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Yeah, that might work. But the trick will be calming her down. Right now, she's not in a thinking mood. She's running on sheer anger and instinct right now. We need a way to distract her or snap her out of it. Something to grab her attention, and help her to see the big picture/put things in perspective/not go freaking pyscho.

Something tells me trying to physically stop her/grab Sandy would just push her over the edge of reason and make her go "Full Aggro," as the Crocodile Hunter would have put it.
    To be honest, I'm in favour of Operation Meat Shield. Silverpine volunteers, of course.

... No, I didn't!

Too late, pal.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Alright, as bad an idea as it probably is, Operation Meat Shield is probably the most logical and in-character choice. For Silverpine, at least. Snickers will just holler and try to make Snow stop or at least slow down.

Any ideas for Grills and Fox, fellas?

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post

Any ideas for Grills and Fox, fellas?
    Not at the moment, however, in the morn, I will play pbp catch up now that my posting schedule can resume normalcy.

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Titan in the Playground

Waiting on Fox Trot and Grills in the Time Bubble.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Titan in the Playground

Time Bubble post will be coming in the evening. It's a bit of a doozy, but we should be finally approaching the end of things.

One final, short send-off scene after this, and we'll be back in town again.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Time Bubble post will be coming in the evening. It's a bit of a doozy, but we should be finally approaching the end of things.

One final, short send-off scene after this, and we'll be back in town again.
    Good to know.

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Titan in the Playground

Hey all. I've been wrestling with a nasty stomach bug the last few days. Don't know how long it'll take to clear up, but until then, my posts are going to be all sorts of delayed.

Apologies to folks in the Time Bubble, I'll get posts in when I can.

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Hey, everyone. A while ago, I injured my hand and a few fingers. They are mostly healed now and I can type and text again without pain.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Hey, everyone. A while ago, I injured my hand and a few fingers. They are mostly healed now and I can type and text again without pain.
    Welp. This has to have been the worst time to decide to go ahead with the Time Bubble post. Go ahead and post with Grills. I'll put the post back up when he's had a chance to act.

Good to see you again, and I hope your hand finishes healing up quickly!
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2013-06-09 at 02:05 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Ouch. Hope your hand recovers quickly. Glad to have you back.

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, so I've derped rather hard here. >.>

Turns out we can do both scenes, provided that folks can keep their scenes straight. I'll start the scene with the stallions heading for the train station after the party, and we can have cider-drinking and other shenanigans as a proper, insulated Time Bubble.

Oops!

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Troll in the Playground

On a random note, I wonder if there are any ponies who might recognize Fox from his famous dance troupe days hahaha

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    On a random note, I wonder if there are any ponies who might recognize Fox from his famous dance troupe days hahaha
    Make it an old associate from his former dance days.

Also, since Sandy boy has wrapped forward to the "next" day, where might Gearstride, or rather everypony be?

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Titan in the Playground

Also, since Sandy boy has wrapped forward to the "next" day, where might Gearstride, or rather everypony be?
    Indeed.

At this point, it's just more shenanigans, with one more semi-important thing happening to the stallions. But given that most will be hung over or mesmerized by the last night, it won't be a problem for them to forget about it until later.

We'll go a little longer at the party, but then I'll see if folks want to skip ahead/just do the train station/bleh something.

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Troll in the Playground

Gearstride would have kidnapped Silverpine meeting up with him at the Bridle Shores train station and held his pony lips hostage all through out the night in the Clunker.

As for Fox Trot he probably just went home to his house, back to reality, oblivious to the fact that Quick Step broke into his dance studio and is currently residing in his office waiting for him.

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, right. If we're figuring out how everypony else got back to town and such...

Sandy would be spectactularly cider'd up, and probably need somepony's assistance back to his house.

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Troll in the Playground

a bored wandering Icy?....I'm surprised she hasn't rushed over to Fox's house and recount yesterday and that other mare making claims to his heart still and all that llama drama xD

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Ettin in the Playground

a bored wandering Icy?....I'm surprised she hasn't rushed over to Fox's house and recount yesterday and that other mare making claims to his heart still and all that llama drama xD
    Because I realised Icy shouldn't hog Fox for her own selfish interactions.

(Also, we probably should introduce more variety in interactions.)

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Titan in the Playground

See also: The next installment of SCIENCE! Starring Icy Touch, guest-starring Heartflight, and their hapless test subject oh-so-willing volunteer, Sandy Shores.

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Troll in the Playground

I understand, it just seemed to me that yesterday's antics allowed for an exception, but I guess I was incorrect hahah, oh well.

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Ettin in the Playground

I understand, it just seemed to me that yesterday's antics allowed for an exception, but I guess I was incorrect hahah, oh well.
    Well, was hit with a long spell of bluh back then, and I didn't feel like introducing her when it seemed we were finally wrapping up.

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Troll in the Playground

Well, was hit with a long spell of bluh back then, and I didn't feel like introducing her when it seemed we were finally wrapping up.

Wait, wrapping up what back then?

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Ettin in the Playground

Wait, wrapping up what back then?
    The big Sandy scene. Introducing her into the General thread seemed almost disingenuous, at least to me. Don't mind me, I might not be thinking all that rationally.

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Titan in the Playground

The big Sandy scene. Introducing her into the General thread seemed almost disingenuous, at least to me. Don't mind me, I might not be thinking all that rationally.
    We're coming off of The Plot That Never EndsTM, minor befoozlement is to be expected.

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    See also: The next installment of SCIENCE! Starring Icy Touch, guest-starring Heartflight, and their hapless test subject oh-so-willing volunteer, Sandy Shores.
    I look forward to Heartflight berating Icy Shores for her dangerous practices. xD

....Actually, remind me, what is Icy's special talent?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    I look forward to Heartflight berating Icy Shores for her dangerous practices. xD

....Actually, remind me, what is Icy's special talent?
    Water and ice, leaning towards the former.

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, due to a few different things popping up in other RPs recently, I want to make something very clear here.

Smoothie is an extremely powerful mage, especially by the show's standards. I don't feel like this is much of an issue here. We don't do big storylines with big villains, or storylines where magic can just instantly solve everything.

HOWEVER.

If you want to involve her in a storyline where magic is the answer, please don't come up with some BS reason she can't deal with it. I'm fine with "Oh, the magic she has can't deal with it." because to a degree, that makes sense. There are some things she can't intentionally do in magic right now, such as anything to foster life (So, basically, no healing spells or creation magic). However, if you're going to bring an issue involving magic before her, make it something she can in some way solve. It can be an obscure spell in a book she hasn't read yet, it can be an ancient artifact, it can be ANYTHING. Just don't bring something with a magical solution to her if you don't want it solved.

Magic is basically her entire shtick. It's the ONE thing she's good at. Please don't take that away from her.

If you're worried she's going to instantly solve a storyline you have in mind, tell me in advance. I'll make sure she's busy with something else (in the event you don't want it solved) or have her find some obscure method for solving it.

And before somebody complains about her being overpowered, yes, I know. Smoothie is completely overpowered. In this RP however, that doesn't matter at all for the previously mentioned reasons.

I just felt I should be up front and clear about this. Recently, it hasn't come up much, so I don't want anybody to be taken by surprise about this. Heck, the most powerful thing she's done onscreen recently is cure a hangover.