New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP FiM] Bridle Shores Out of character thread 6

And Sildra originally intended to have Smoothie defeat Simmer* so the plot can't end before I do anything.

As a side note, I'd kind of like to call an end for big bad plots, and plots where everypony has to be involved in general. It's pretty much impossible to get everypony involved at this point due to all the conflicting schedules, and it just results in people getting left behind and feeling scorned and cheated.

I just think plots where the speed is "Those who fall behind are left behind" is not at all suited to this RP. This is MLP, not pirates of the Caribbean.

*I don't mind if this changes.

Now, I don't mind big ovar-arching plots, as long as everypony can do them at their own pace.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    We asked a few days ago for the status of everybody's ponies, and then again a few days before that, and it seemed like everypony was done or just finishing up. Sorry we moved on, but we did ask for statuses well before this.

As far as the current plot goes, we've barely started on the next day. If you wanted to get involved and still finish up the previous night, you could always just RP your characters at different points in time.
    I spent that time trying to avoid exploding at everyone...And trying not to be selfish by slowing everyone who wanted to move on down. In the end, I couldn't do it... Sorry...

It's not even like I want to participate in the final fight. I just feel like if it's going to interrupt the fun stuff I wanted to do, that I should at least find my own way to participate that suits my character: just some Foxglove defending her animal friends against some minions trying to take the forest over.

Also, I think that that might only make my problem worse... I don't want to burden Hawk (who I'm already waiting on, but said she'd be joining me in the next day's scenes) too much -- I'm already feeling really, really guilty about the amount of pressure I'm putting on her to please, please, for the love of God, post. I might still do it just so I can RP again.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-02-16 at 07:45 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

3. - Top - End - #93
    Pixie in the Playground

What about her rushing to protect the animals from the spell that's wilting the plants?

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

...There's a spell wilting plants?
    Also, how exactly would she do that? I DON'T want her involved in the main fight, but I'm not sure how one would remove a spell cast by the main villain would work for a low-magic unicorn without taking him out.

Finding something to do isn't a problem here. I think someone suggested maybe some minions going to the woods where Foxglove is firmly not evacuating so she can be there: and that works PERFECTLY.

It's that odds are good that by the time I catch up or even get a chance to finagle with my scene partners what might happen next and who's there on the other side of the space-time gap... I feel like everything would have resolved.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-02-16 at 05:39 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    ...There's a spell wilting plants?
    Also, how exactly would she do that? I DON'T want her involved in the main fight, but I'm not sure how one would remove a spell cast by the main villain would work for a low-magic unicorn without taking him out.

Finding something to do isn't a problem here. I think someone suggested maybe some minions going to the woods where Foxglove is firmly not evacuating so she can be there: and that works PERFECTLY.

It's that odds are good that by the time I catch up or even get a chance to finagle with my scene partners what might happen next and who's there on the other side of the space-time gap... I feel like everything would have resolved.
    Well Fireflower is futilely fighting Simmer now. That could delay things.

And depending on his interactions with other ponies, Grills might foolishly follow in his mother's hoofsteps.

If Foxglove goes out to protect the forest animals, Purple mightjoin her as she wont stay in the Civic Center. For that requires following the group.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

Wait. Isn't Purple in the next day?
    Because Foxglove would be going to at the Evacuation Time. She has animals at home she cannot move, and will not leave. Foxglove doesn't have that sort of care for society or self-preservation instinct to go to the Civic Center instead of home.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-02-16 at 05:56 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Wait. Isn't Purple in the next day?
    Because Foxglove would be going to at the Evacuation Time. She has animals at home she cannot move, and will not leave. Foxglove doesn't have that sort of care for society or self-preservation instinct to go to the Civic Center instead of home.
    Purple fell asleep but she hasn't woke up yet. She could just as easily sneak out the Civic Center in the middle of the night and walk into the forest.

Especially if somepony warns her not to.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

I'd also want to check with Hawk and Lycan before opening the future version of Foxglove in place, but Purple's welcome to join in.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-02-16 at 06:12 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

9. - Top - End - #99
    Barbarian in the Playground

If Simmer's vulnerable to Electricity, then that gives a perfect outlet for the dramatic entrance I was talking about.
    It's a falcon. Wearing a Fedora. Your argument is irrelevant.
    Official Member of the No Cussing Club

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon Falcon View Post
    If Simmer's vulnerable to Electricity, then that gives a perfect outlet for the dramatic entrance I was talking about.
    I'm starting to feel sorry from the sheer number of upstages that are in Fire Flowier's near future.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon Falcon View Post
    Hey, punning's my job!

Anyway, I've got my own plans for Simmer, so please don't thrash him too thoroughly before I can get involved.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

12. - Top - End - #102
    Pixie in the Playground

Hehe. Everypony can easily get their shot on Simmer. He's the kind of villain where you can hit him over and over, and like that one hero who never gives up, he'll just stand back up and smile.

^^

Until the right 'method' is applied, Simmer might get zapped alot, but it won't stop him.

Besides...doesn't anypony wonder where all that electricity he's getting hit with is going?

;)

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, despite being in the general vicinity, Quaver wouldn't want to get involved in all that fighting.

Well, assuming she recognises that it is actual fighting and not just some late Nightmare Night shenanigans

Half tempted to have her go seek sanctuary in the Library

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post

Half tempted to have her go seek sanctuary in the Library
    Then she can hang out with the 'friends' she never knew she had...! Not that they would recognize her out of costume...oh the tragedy.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Then she can hang out with the 'friends' she never knew she had...! Not that they would recognize her out of costume...oh the tragedy.
    And not that she'd recognise them, except maybe for a case of deja vu.

Anyway, might do this, if it's okay with you and Grif. Don't want to interrupt if you've got something planned.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    And not that she'd recognise them, except maybe for a case of deja vu.

Anyway, might do this, if it's okay with you and Grif. Don't want to interrupt if you've got something planned.
    I got nothing planned. (Icy and Sliverpine has been a rather reactive character for most of the RP.)

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

Likewise, its just going to be stuff about trying to find the book that has some info on Simmer..Interruptions are fine

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Ack, I should be paying more attention to this. Sorry, sorry. I guess you guys have moved into big climactic battle mode?

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    Ack, I should be paying more attention to this. Sorry, sorry. I guess you guys have moved into big climactic battle mode?
    I don't know about calling a big climactic battle mode. Its more like Simmer is just letting ponies attack him in a mocking way since aside from electrical attacks, nothing is really damaging him.

Its a preliminary encounter, not the big climactic battle its leading up to.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

I see. Is there a good place for Candles to hop in? Just in general?

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    I see. Is there a good place for Candles to hop in? Just in general?
    The Civic Center in the General Town thread is where all the ponies not fighting were evacuated to.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

Posted in the Bridle Shores Gwyn's Tower/Foxglove's Grove/The Greenhouse Thread

Though I think it should be renamed to the Blighted Weald next time around xP

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Posted in the Bridle Shores Gwyn's Tower/Foxglove's Grove/The Greenhouse Thread

Though I think it should be renamed to the Blighted Weald next time around xP
    Or at least have that location added into the first post.

By the by, I don't think I could've foreseen Sandy's participation in the Simmer plot heading in this direction. This should be fun.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

By the way, about that wilting spell...

How would one go about fixing it? Or, well, if I wanted Foxglove and her pals to help fix it, presuming less fighting than the simpler 'ward off minions trying to gain control over the forest' plan, how would that work?

Also, can I get a full plot recap?
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

25. - Top - End - #115
    Pixie in the Playground

The wilting spell can be fixed the same way that Simmer must be defeated. Somepony with genuine care and compassion for the plants will counter the spell.

Que a song from Foxglove maybe?

OR...perhaps the spell can take the form of spirits that Foxglove can see, and she has to make the spirits happy to stop the spell?

Full plot: Simmer, a living armor creature created from a nightmare and a spell gone wrong, is trying to enslave pony kind in a rather awkward manner, and has only shown a weakness to lightning, though a particular pony HAS been told how to defeat him.

To defeat Simmer, somepony must show him GENUINE care and compassion.

Edit: Also, upon Simmer's 'defeat', two new ponies will join the crew.

First is Summer, the Stallion of the Sun.

Essentially a 'reborn' Simmer, Summer will be a kind and protective pony to those in need. For the most part, I may just make him a background pony or just a 'guest star' pony now and then.

The second pony will be Garion himself, who will be 'reborn' as a foal with no memories of what happened. The ONLY thing about Garion that will be set in stone is his name and his cutie mark, which will have change to JUST a shield [no sword any more] with the sun and crescent moon emblazoned on the shield.

Garion will be up for adoption as a character. Besides those two traits, you can do whatever with him.

So I leave it up to the group. Does anypony want to adopt him as their own, or would everypony like to have a chance to play as him, and he can be a 'anypony can play him' character?
    Last edited by sildra45; 2012-02-19 at 03:12 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

The latter (with making the spirits happy) sounds pretty good. I reccomend having at least parts of their desires be linked to something that can be solved via baking, occult or otherwise, since Snickers is with Foxglove. But I think Foxglove would like to make little spirits, plant or magic-heat or whatever, happy. If you play things right, she might not even connect the two at all.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

@Orzel: Sandy and Gwyn are right next to each other, so he may be a bit less concerned with the doofy pegasus.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

yea...I was totally confused by that myself xD...but hey.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Pixie in the Playground

ALrighty Deme, whenever you wish me to start that little side-arc with the spirits, let me know. Also, will it be in the Grove thread then?

And a little 'fannon history' for the armor Simmer is made from/Garion's famous armor.

Gallantium/Nobleinium

Strength is equal to that of the fictional metal Adamantium.

It is very heavy[ weight is on par with gold], but is surprisingly easy to enchant and also easy to recolor with the simplest of spells.

It can only be melted by dragonfire, and that requires time within a dragon's fire that most spells can't emulate for long enough, and most spells that can emulate the length don't have the magical properties of the dragonfire required.

When it comes to the elements, it reacts to all elements like copper. [hence why electricity is conducted so well through Simmer].

And last but not least, the majority of armor forged of this metal is already enchanted to be form fitting, which means when put on, no matter how a pony's weight, size, or even proportions change, it will shift to be a perfect fit for that particular pony every time, and move like a second skin...despite the weight.

Created by the first 'Gallant' knight among the Pegasi, all official bearer's of the metal have since been nicknamed "Gallant", and the metal has, as such, been callad "Gallantium" or "Nobleinium" by many ponies, as those bearing the metal armor have been known to be among heroes of noble and honorable intent.

Anything anypony would like to add/change? Or is this fine with everypony?

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, in the grove thread... I made the post opening that bit several days ago, actually, but no one's replied yet, including Foxglove's little crew of Snickers and possibly Dawn and I thought maybe Purple was dropping in?
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)