Default Otherworldly [IC]

Season One - Episode One (S01E01)

'Wayland'

Theme Song:

Filter - Hey Man Nice Shot

Prologue - Part One

‘God loves you.’

‘Yeah? Well, tell him I’m flattered, but no th-‘

He suddenly flew across the alley, slamming into a building wall and collapsing in a heap. He had almost managed to bring his head up, some seconds later, but the other man was already next to him, squatting. His hands rested easily on his knees. A metallic cross dangled between the fingers of his left hand.

‘Well, now, that’s blasphemy. You don’t get to deny His love.’

He stood up, and looked into the clear night sky.

‘Monkeys. Monkeys never change. You know… Sean… I could tear the skin off your body. Inch by inch. I could reach into your mind and show you some… truly terrible things. You would die screaming, after a long life of screaming in a strait jacket. I could fillet your friends and family, and force feed them to you. The punishment I can deliver unto you for your disobedience is limited only by my patience. He has seen it fit to empower me with this task.’

Sean snarled and laughed, simultaneously, through his broken mouth.

‘F-ing angels… What don’t you understand, ****bird?! I – can’t – help – you. I don’t know who did it!’

The angel was holding him up by his hair in an instant, as Sean struggled in vain.

‘Sean, baby, I’m not sure you understand your predicament. The rules that protect the other vermin of this rock aren’t in play, here. You’ve left His sight. You know that, right? Consorting with that unholy filth has tainted you beyond salvation or redemption.’

Sean continued to struggle, ‘I don’t know! I don’t know who killed him!’

The angel pressed his face up against Sean’s, and licked the human’s cheek, ‘You’re scared, Sean. That’s good. Monkeys always had a sense for mortal danger. Fair to say, you’re in it. Tell me something, Sean. Tell me anything. Tell me the wo- Hmm… That’s funny, Sean,’ the angel licked his lips, ‘… tastes like you’re scared of something else more than me. Which, given what’s about to happen, is strange.’

The human muffled a cry of pain, ‘Raziel… Raziel, it doesn’t matter. It just… it doesn’t matter. You’re already dead. You just haven’t noticed yet. You’re all dead… You’re all dead…’

Raziel chuckled, ‘Hold on there, midnight cowboy, you’ve got me quaking in my high tops. Who are you working for, huh? Is it my lost brothers? Lucifer’s whores?! They didn’t do the deed, but maybe they signed on the dotted line? Was it them?!’

Sean laughed, as the blood poured down his face. Raziel casually put two of the human’s fingers in his mouth, and bit down. Hard. The human screamed, but the angel’s hand was clamped around his mouth tight.

‘Shhh-shh-shh. No squealing. They’re gone. They’re gone. Tasted kind of like chicken. Did you know, Sean, that we – His first children – don’t mind the taste of monkey flesh? It’s an acquired taste, sure, but once you’ve got it there are few things quite like it.’

Sean was crying. ‘Ohhh… you rotten ****… Ohhh, you took them… you rotten ****… Stop… Stop…’ The sobs were coming thick and fast.

Raziel considered the prone form for a second. ‘No.’

He took Sean’s hand again, unhinged his jaw, and thrust it into his mouth. His teeth were like razors, and when he bit down the human’s hand came off instantly, and disappeared. The angel swallowed the hand whole, after a few attempts, while Sean’s eyes rolled in the back of his head, his body rigid from shock. Raziel wiped his mouth nonchalantly. His grip on the arm with the bloodied stump was like iron.

‘Don’t worry, Sean. You won’t bleed out. What’s that, you’re passing out from the pain?’ He leaned over, and put his mouth on the human’s. The latter suddenly inhaled and started coughing.

‘I can’t let you sleep, Sean. I’d like to, but I still need something from you. Feel free to share, before I take the next bite.’

The human was sputtering. ‘Stop… Just stop… Please… All I heard was… something… from the Feylands… It was something fey…’

Raziel leaned in, ‘Come again, Sean? I don’t know if I heard you right. Something fey? You’re saying a fairy killed Lord Raphael, the Seraph of the Moon Palace, the Binder of Azazel? A damned fairy killed the Lord of All Healing?! Stripped his essence bare?! Rendered him null in God’s creation?! That’s what you’re saying, Sean? A fairy did it?!’ The angel seemed furious.

Suddenly, he snapped his head up in surprise, and stared into the dark of the alley. He sniffed the air. There was something there – something just beyond his senses. He let the human’s head loll back and stood up. Before him, the darkness soon began coalescing, taking shape. Within moments, it was a man. A man wearing a grey, hooded jacket and matching trackies, his face obscured.

‘Now what might you be, filth?’ the angel tilted his head, his eyes pure murder.

The figure standing before him continued to do so, perfectly still. Its hands were in its jacket pockets. Finally, the new arrival also tilted his head, in imitation of the angel.

‘Not a big talker, then? I see. You’re an ice cold kind of guy. Little old angel like me can’t impress you, oh darkness incarnate. What do you think is going to happen here? You don’t even get the flimsy protection He offers these worms – these monkey worms – to shield you from me. I will paint this alley whatever colour your ichor is, you dirt. Angels don’t fear the dark! The dark – fears – us!’

Raziel moved with inhuman speed, advancing on the jacketed being. His subsequent death scream was cut very short.

Elsewhere, four men sat around a simple dinner table. It was in a room that resembled an apartment in the inner city – a bit run down, a bit grimy, and the floral wallpaper had long overstayed its welcome – but appearances belied its true nature. One of them, a man in his early sixties, opened a book that came into being as he reached for the cover.

‘This is not right.’

A much younger man with brilliant blue eyes and not a hair on his head spoke without turning it, ‘Concur. Something is wrong.’

As the older man flipped the pages of the book, a third nodded, ‘More deaths. A celestial has been rendered null in Delhomme. Another in Ecko Park. Do we know anything?’

The fourth man stayed silent. His eyes were closed.

The first spoke again, ‘The Host will be baying for blood vengeance. They will send kill teams. Whoever their eyes fall on will suffer terribly. Was it the Legion?’

The second shook his head, ‘Unlikely. They fight over their Argument openly. And they do not annul.’

The third man took his turn to speak, ‘Then who? Who could do this?’

The first answered, ‘A better question is who would be foolish enough to. What of our contacts in the Feylands and the Deadlands?’

Blue eyes shook his head, ‘We have heard nothing.’

The fourth man opened his eyes, suddenly, only to reveal he didn’t have any, ‘We are dead. We are dead.’

The others turned to look at him. ‘We are dead.’

The man with the book closed it, ‘What is the meaning of this? What are you talking about, brother?’

The eyeless one continued, upping the volume gradually until he was shouting, practically screaming, ‘We are dead. We are dead! We are dead!’

The others rose as one from the table, appalled.

And then, they were, in fact, quite dead.
    Last edited by Voltaire; 2013-03-07 at 11:42 AM.
    The secret of being a bore is to tell everything.

Pax Respublica: An Exercise in World Building

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Otherworldly [IC]

He sat on his throne, rapping his fingers against the wooden arm rest. His other hand held his chin. Everything seemed draped in purple. It would all have been very regal, if it hadn’t been for two things: his eyes, and his mouth. The former were cold and dead. They were a deep, deep grey, like an angry cloud front. They were the eyes of a murderer, not a king. Right at that moment, their anger was directed at the unfortunates bowing before him. Or, perhaps more accurately: wilting before him.

His mouth, meanwhile, was busy voicing his displeasure: ‘You motherf’ckers. You useless, base, licentious toads. Who did it? Well? You’re staring at me like grizzled goats. Who did it?! Who could have done it? Who in the f’ck kills an archangel? You silly warts on my a’se. This is a f’cking catastrophe. This is a disaster. My goodness gracious. I hate you all so much I’d feed you to the Wulfgeist right now, if I didn’t have a use for completely expendable bags of sh’t.’

A weak reply sputtered, ‘But, Sire-‘

‘You shut the f’ck up. Shut your f’cking mouth. I fully appreciate – Mortlock – the fact that none of you weaklings did it. No, it was the mighty f’cking Mortlock wiping the floor with a Celestial heavy hitter. Obviously you didn’t do it, or your head would already be an offering to the Host. What I’m mystified by is how – how – I am still not in possession of an answer to the aforementioned questions. Do you paperweights need a greater incentive? Is that what I’m doing wrong?’

‘Sire, please, it’s-‘

‘You are skating a very fine line, Ser. A very fine line. I will f’ck your face, do you understand me? I will skullf’ck you, until you’re dead. My word, are you skating a fine line. Your excuses sicken me. Fetch me the Quiet Man.’

‘Sire! Th-‘

‘Fetch him, Festus. Those vultures are coming down on us like a tonne of bricks. We’re a d’ck’s hair away from being dragged into a war we can’t win. The Feylands don’t need this sh’t. I certainly don’t need this sh’t. Tap everyone. Get the Knights down here. No! In fact, get the Paladins ready to move, too. Until everyone responsible is dead, we’re going to be getting our sh’t pushed in. Humbug! Now, get out of my sight. I’m going to find a corner and have a little cry, because I’m surrounded by the scum of the universe. Incompetent, putrid scum. I’m going to vomit in disgust, as I weep.’

‘Gus, is this for real?’

‘Oh, yes. Oh, yes indeed, young one. The Host is descending upon this world. The Legion will march to meet it. It is a time of endings… and beginnings.’

The lithe brunette didn’t seem to mind she was talking to a baboon. Nor did she seem fazed by the fact that it was talking back, as it leaned on its walking staff. Her eyebrows were arched higher than usual, betraying her bewilderment.

‘But… why? How do they think they’re going to find the assassin?’ Her tone was lilting.

Gus laughed.

‘By bathing in enough blood, I believe. I would ask you, at this time, to do as I have instructed you. Find our friends, and bring them to me. ‘

There was a pregnant pause.

‘Okay, Gus.’

By the time the baboon sighed, she was long gone.

‘Michael, why?’

‘Because, Metatron. Because He wills it. Because Raphael should be at our side, and he is not. Because bounds have been overstepped.’

‘But, the Host entire?’

‘Don’t be so overdramatic, old friend. I send only Uriel, Remiel, Jegudiel and a banner. We must administer righteous retribution and justice. The Mandate demands action. Inaction would be breaching the Compact.’

‘There is too much to this that we do not know, Michael. We act from a position of weakness.’

‘Metatron, knowledge is surplus to faith in the Mandate. We will reap a bloody harvest amongst the decrepit shadows of the past. They do not know war, they do not know fear: we will show them both. Metatron, we were born to marry the Love of God to Righteousness. To Justice. If not this, then what? If not us, then who? For God’s will says that there is no weakness in action that defends the faith; no misstep in righteousness.’

‘Events are spiralling out of control. I cannot support this.’

‘You need do nothing, brother. The Host is already descending. We have already begun meting out Justice. Now, there is only the harvest, and righteous zeal. Give us your love; that is enough.’

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

You find yourself in a room. It's a room like many others; it has four walls, and a ceiling and a floor. The walls are covered in a putrid green coat of aging paint. The floorboards are cracked and creaking. Your aching head takes a while to register the room's other basic features. For one, you're not its only occupant. As you groggily stand to your feet, you see half a dozen other figures doing the same.

Secondly, as you inch away from one another, the room seems to be expanding. It was barely the size of a living room in those one bedroom apartments choking up downtown, just a few moments ago. Now, it's as big as a dining hall.

Finally - and perhaps most importantly - there's no door. None that you can see, anyway.

[OOC: This is you cue to begin posting]

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Aric looks around, "Well, what's sad is this still isn't the weirdest thing that's happened today, let alone ever," he mutters. "Or is that just me?"

As he notices the room expand, he hmms. To sate his curiosity he begins walking towards one of the walls to see if the room continues to grow.
    Last edited by Gem_Knight; 2013-03-12 at 12:00 AM.
    UPDATE 11/8/2013- My little baby is here, I will post as I can.
    Update 9/13/2015- My second Baby Boy
    Update 1/25/2017- My Baby Girl is Born

"Schadenfreude is chocolate for the Soul. That's why ours are full of cavities." Davan, Something Positive

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

well, isn't this an event. one inexplicable timespan, Stephen is drowning his crappy day in crappy beer and trying not too swallow the bartender's hair. the next, he's doing pretty much the same thing. only he has this little black haired number staring at him. hard. do i have something in my teeth? she's cute to be sure; tight genes, leather jacket, elfish face and eyes that... suck you in. she's certainly too good for the esteemed 'marty's tavern'. he's half way through asking if she wants a drink when-

"he'll see you now."

then boom goes the dynamite. stephen hits the floor and the dark closes in. he hopes he hasn't pissed himself.

when he wakes up he's laying in a green room with pealing walls and he's drooling in his beard. weirdly, the first thing he notices is he's still holding his beer bottle. the contence is all over his greatcoat. second is that there are other people there. strangers. stephen jumps up and back-pedals away, expecting to hit a wall. he doesn't, but he'll have time to wonder about that later. he gropes in his pocket for one of his knives and prepares to go invisible if necessary (not that it would matter, he doesn't see an exit.) he'll see how this plays out first.

Spoiler
    Show
    oh, ye valiant gentleman.
    and ladies...
    and other...
    ONWARD TO GLORY!!

i may change my writing style if this one doesn't work out. just a heads up.

Spoiler
    Show
    and just so people know what he looks like, think this guy (in the orange), only tallerand with totally existent grey irises. and dressed like this
    Spoiler
    Show
    http://blog-imgs-48.fc2.com/s/h/e/sherlock2gatiss/20111130193019212.jpg
    Last edited by commander panda; 2013-03-12 at 09:10 AM.
    avatardonebymememememememememeeeeeeeeeee

Julian, it's a hungry world
    They're gonna eat you alive son, yeah
    Oh Julian, when their fangs sink in
    I'll stitch you but then I gotta throw you back in

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    .... what the **** is that?! That's not a spiked chain; that's some Klingon bullcrap! Who the hell drew that?! How are you supposed to use that without stabbing yourself?!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

"Bril-"

Oh hey, darkness. Huh, now a bit of a headache and quite a lot of black. Oh right, eyes. Those have to open. Alrighty then, let's see what we see here. Oh wold you look at that, a room with no doors and people he absolutely did not know at all. Time to finish a thought, methinks. "liant!" the Doctor exclaimed, hopping up and immediately stumbling back as the blood rushed out of his head. "Whoa now, easy world. Settle. Settle. Now there we go..." Now then, stardard protocol and what-not. Find yourself in the middle of a room with no door and ever expanding sides, with a bit more than a half dozen blokes whom you've never met before. What do you do? Well other than panic and scream bloody murder like every single sane human being, who would also run about like a headless chicken, you pull out your screwdriver and, "Let's see what we can find." A little press of the button and a slight sonic hum came out, detecting what was what in this room.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Sari glanced at the girl, his lips wrapped around the bottle as he tilted it back. He was about to beckon her over when she said, "He'll see you now."

Awww shi ...

The world disappeared into darkness. When he woke, he was in a crappy looking room with a bunch of strangers. The others were already rising, and as they did, the room slowly expanded. He watched them through half-lidded eyes, leaning up slowly on one elbow. Looking closely at their faces, he didn't recognize anyone, but when you've been in the game for as long as Sari had been, that didn't mean anything. One of these chumps could be Lucifer. Hell, they ALL could be Lucifer.

He watched the rats test the maze for a little longer before leaning back onto the floor, hands behind his head. He snorted aloud and whispered, "Relax, everyone. Migh as well get comfortable. I'm sure he'll be along shortly."

Who the hell are you weirdo's, anyways?"

The man laying on the group was wearing faded jeans, black boots, and an off-white tee with the words, "He Loves You ... Yay!" under a flannel shirt. His hair was short and mussed, and it looked like he could use a shave. Handsome, in a drunken Russell Crow sort of way, but without any of the flab the actor had put on for his last role.
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

8. - Top - End - #8

BlueKnightGuy

It is dark in that moment before the focus of an opening eye. A man was unconscious on the floor, but now appears sturdy on his feet. Perhaps he was standing this whole time. It is hard to tell. Strange things are arriving surplus today.

Of the newfound company you might call Strangers, one man looks the part so particularly that he may have walked out from a neighborhood watch sign. Overcoat pulled high, hat brim pulled low, and a face so unusually blank behind glasses that have glared over. How? From what light source? Such uncertainties draw the least of attentions. For although the man stares towards nothing, the feeling you get is unmistakable: that his untraceable gaze is fixated-- solely on you.

Very neatly, he unfolds a newspaper from under one arm; Sari was the first to address the group from everyone there, and so would he be the first to be answered. The Stranger produced a pencil, scrawled something briefly, and turned the paper around.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Firbolg in the Playground

Nicole Emily Seeming rolls over on the floor, her fingers tangling in her long blonde hair as she clutches her aching head. Something about a party. Party party party. Why is the word stuck in her head? Was this a party? Unlikely: it doesn't sound like like a party. Party. There was a party, that was it. Party, drinks, possibly black-out drunk? Signs pointed to yes. No idea where she is, but mornings have started like this before, haven't they?

A quiet voice cuts through her still-addled mind. "Who the hell are you weirdo's, anyways?"

"Mm'm notawierdo..." she slurs, her eyes flickering open.

She blinks in confusion, then staggers unsteadily to her feet. This wasn't right at all. Party. Party, drinks, drank, drunk...drugs? That b*tch must have drugged her. Been watching her, waiting for this. That utter b*tch. Nicole takes two uneven steps towards the exit, then realizes there isn't one. She pauses, looking at the growing room with some consternation. Her pretty brow furrows in puzzlement.

Faced with no exit in site, a constantly expanding room that must be the result of a lingering hangover, and the knowledge that until her head clears there's no way she's getting out of here anyway, Nicole decides discretion is the better part of valor and curls up on the floor again, taking no real interest in her fellow prisoners. They're all behaving inexplicably--which she chalks down to the drugs--and it's probably safe to ignore them for now. After all, if she's not dead yet whoever is responsible is unlikely to finish the job in the next half hour.
    Last edited by Djinn_in_Tonic; 2013-03-12 at 09:21 AM.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

10. - Top - End - #10

Her head hurts, in the bad way. She slowly opens her eyes, but she feels dizzy. She is somewhere else! That shouldn't be the case, she never sleeps in an unfamiliar place, not even then. She tries to stand up, but it is hard, her left leg is in a brace and it still hurts to stand on it. The world is hazy, it is painful to see. She puts most of her weight on her right leg, but is too heavy and she falls to the ground. She is dizzy, and the pain is worse. She looks horrible, her clothes are ill-fitting, her red hair is wild, hasn't been washed for days and certainly hasn't ever encountered a brush. The girl looks out of her bloodshot blue eyes, there are large dark spots under them, she certainly hasn’t slept well for a while. When she speaks she is almost whispering: “Hello?”

Then she notices the others, she seems afraid, she tries to stand up again but she is too heavy. She tries to support herself with her thin arms, but for some reason her skinny frame is too much for her. She whispers, almost inaudibly: “They have you, they have you Hannah. Rise, you have to run, they found you.”

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aric's meandering expands the room to cavernous proportions, before he finally gives up. Reaching the walls to touch them is impossible - they recoil from any contact at impossible speeds. As soon as you back off, the room starts shrinking again. You spend precious moments gathering your wits, as your predicament slowly sinks in. Just before you have the opportunity to really open up to the others - or to open them up, as the case may be - to really get to know your new room mates, you hear a high pitched voice that grabs your attention utterly and immediately.

Out of nowhere, a baboon.

He stands amidst you, though none of you noticed him entering the room, or the means by which he did so. But, in the moment, you really fixate on the fact that there's a baboon in a brown cloak standing right there, and it's talking. A strange day, getting stranger by the minute.

'Hello, my friends. Welcome. Welcome! I am Gus. This is my place.' He leans on a very short walking stick, 'It's not like the places you're used to, maybe, but it's my own.'

He starts walking between you, as he talks, stopping to appraise each member of the erstwhile congregation as you look on, incredulous.

'I wonder what your first question will be. Will it be "Who are you"? I hope not. I'm Gus, I've already told you once. Or maybe it'll be "What's going on"? Ahh, now that's a better question. A much better question. Better even than "Why am I here" or "Where is this place". All classic questions, though. Clean questions. Concrete, some would say."

He turns to the ceiling for a moment.

'Leila! I need you for a moment!'

Barely a second after he says the words, the brunette that did this to you is by his side, smiling mirthlessly.

'Yes, Gus?'

He looks up at her and waves her away, 'Please put a kettle on for my friends. And some biscuits. We have much to discuss.'

She isn't amused, but nods nonetheless, 'Yes, Gus.' A split second later she's gone, as if she'd never been there in the first place.

The baboon sits back on its haunches, roughly in the middle of your group, and smiles, revealing gigantic, yellowing teeth. He says nothing further.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Now would you look at that, a baboon that called himself Gus. A peculiar day to be sure, and one that most likely had even stranger events in store. Brilliant! A dull throb in the back of his head made him cringe. Alright, so thinking too loudly still hurt. He might want to stop that... Oh, but the baboon was offering information!

"Ah my good chap, can I call you Gus? Well, it's the only name you gave me, so I suppose that I have to call you Gus. Gus. Hmmm... Anyway Gus, there is another classic question to go along with all your others," The Doctor said cheerfully, wincing at the sound of his own voice and teetering slightly as he put his screwdriver away. "Well, now that I think about it there are really two. One, why are you a baboon? Baboons usually can not vocalize more than a few ooks and ahs, and you are rather well spoken, Gus. Two, How long will we be in here?"

13. - Top - End - #13

Hannah raises her head towards the baboon, her eyes widen and she whispers again: "Look at it, always look at it Hannah. All the pain comes from looking and not looking. It is just the same."

Then she struggles again, trying to get to her feet, a tear falls from her eye, but she looks closely at the baboon. When the brunette appears her expression changes to one of curiosity mixed with fear. She says, seemingly unsurprised by talking to a baboon: "Could someone help me stand? I want to stand, that way everything is much clearer than when I see from the ground. And clarity is good, right? I like it, I really like it. But why am I here? the others are clear, they are different, while I am just little Hannah, nothing special about me. What do you want from me?"

After speaking Hannah puts her thumb in her mouth and starts to suck it, softly shaking her head and looking at those surrounding her, seeing what isn't there.

14. - Top - End - #14

At the mention of biscuits and a kettle Nicole sits blearily up, thankful for some degree of normalcy. The sight of a large baboon almost immediately to her right nearly floors her again. Instead she blinks, closes her eyes shakes her head to clear the fog from her mind, and takes a second glance.

Still a baboon. Right then. And the strange fellow on her other side just addressed it--him?--as such, so it's not just her. That's crazy.

"Third question. You have any Advil? My head aches like a motherfu...F***" Nicole suddenly cries out, having just caught sight of Hannah on the floor a short distance away. She stands quickly, staggers once to gain her footing, and strides over, brushing past the baboon without a second glance.

Nicole cautiously approaches Hannah, her hands held away from her body in a nonthreatening a manner as possible. Her voice softens, and she kneels down by the girl's side. "Hey. Hey kid. You okay? I thought I had it bad this morning..."

Nicole pauses, noticing the fear in Hannah's eyes. "Hell girl, I won't hurt you. You're beat up enough as it is."

She holds out a hand, ready to help Hannah up if Hannah accepts the offer.

"Name's Nikki. If you feel like getting out of this mess you just stick with me. They picked the wrong girl to f*** with."
    Last edited by Djinn_in_Tonic; 2013-03-12 at 10:44 AM.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

15. - Top - End - #15

Hannah takes Nikki's hand in her thin hands. She says: "Thank you so much, I broke my legs a few weeks ago and I'm still recovering. I am Hannah, and I just want to be in a place where they don't come after me, where they don't try to hurt me with their restraints, with their medications, with their shocks and with their walls."

16. - Top - End - #16

stephen looks around and observes his new roommates: normal guy, plastic wand guy, trench coat guy (roberts?), crippled girl, ...cheerleader? he looks at flannel guy. looks at his tee shirt. well, ****. where have i heard that line before? angel.

then baboon.

...what?

baboon starts talking. his name is gus.

pull it together stephen.

right. adopting normalcy.

he raises his hand. "i'll call on all those questions, especially why we're here and why you're a talking baboon." he hears the cheerleader speak. "oh, and two votes for the advil, coffee as well pleas."
    Last edited by commander panda; 2013-03-12 at 02:11 PM.

.... what the **** is that?! That's not a spiked chain; that's some Klingon bullcrap! Who the hell drew that?! How are you supposed to use that without stabbing yourself?!

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Edward stumbled slightly as reality reasserted itself. This was... unexpected, and he cast a quick glance over the room, not really processing what he saw.

Where did that girl go? he asked himself quietly, as he looked over the group of.... people (?) in the room with him. Somehow, the stretching of the room doesn't bother him as much as he feels it should, and the appearance of the baboon, unexpected as it was, seemed to make sense in this place.

Ed looks young, young enough that it isn't immediately obvious if he could have legally acquired the tattoo that surrounded his right wrist without parental consent. He is wearing a worn down set of black dress shoes, dark blue jeans, and a button town shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, revealing a small design he had doodled on the inside of his left wrist in pen. His hair, which is slightly disheveled, is pitch black, and his eyes are a pale blue.

After finding his center, he approaches the group and the primate.

What kind of tea are you offering. Offering a slightly nervous smile, he gives a slight nod to the others.

My name is Ed Boyd.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

He turned from the baboon for a second to smile at Ed and say, "Hullo Ed. I'm the Doctor, just the Doctor. Nice to meet you." The Doctor closed his eyes after that and shook his head again, "Third on that... whatchamacallit... Advil. And some tea would just be smashing."

19. - Top - End - #19

Nicole gently helps Hannah up, bending down and offering her arm as support to the injured girl.

"Right, kid. That stops NOW. I don't know where the hell we are, but until I get you somewhere safe anyone messing with you is going to have to get past me first."

She eyes the assembled individuals slightly suspiciously. They seem a lot more comfortable in the situation than she does, and that makes them suspicious until proven otherwise.

"So...anyone know how we got here? Last thing I remember is a party. Next thing I know I'm in this room. And until the talking monkey decides to grace us with whatever the hell he's going to tell us, I'm at a loss."

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah...Nikki has a bit of a soft spot. Abusing kids pisses her the hell off, and right now all she knows is that she isn't responsible for this situation.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nice to meet you as well

Ed took another, slower survey or the room, his eyes drifting from the doctor, to the baboon, the Roberts (whatever he was), the two girls (the girl Nikki was comforting seemed to be having it worse then rest of them, though based on what he overheard, that was unrelated to this place), the two drunks (well, one looked drunk, the other had a bottle, mental shorthand and all) and the guy who... found this all rather mundane?

Ahh heh. Just so we're clear, this isn't normal... right? And I have no idea how I got here - that chick in the leather jacket walked up to me while I was studying and bang... here I am.

Spoiler
    Show
    I accidently a word, and took to long to finish
    Last edited by theduck; 2013-03-12 at 03:14 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21

Aric only walks far enough to prove the point, when the room comes back in as he heads back to the center though he pauses. He shrugs and sits down far enough away that the room should be more than comfortably large, but not so vast that he'd need to be yelled at. As he sits down he fishes out a brush from one of the inside pockets of his denim jacket and goes to make sure his blonde hair isn't everywhere. As he goes to put his brush back, the baboon calling himself Gus arrives. Aric stands up and moves a little closer, trying but failing to ignore the wall coming inward as he does so.

"Well, first off I want to ask if it would be a waste of my time to simply try and teleport out of here. But obviously the more important question of my two is a variant on the classic 'why are we here?' by which I of course already know 'because you were brought here', I'm thinking in terms of 'for what reason were we brought here?'"

He steps back a little bit to expand the room some more. "Also, expanding on the teleporting question, for that matter will anything work here, by anything I mean anything supernatural, such as magic objects or spells and any supernatural abilities any of the others might have?"

"Schadenfreude is chocolate for the Soul. That's why ours are full of cavities." Davan, Something Positive

22. - Top - End - #22

BlueKnightGuy

Their captor's cameo snapped "Roberts" hard to attention. She was (of course) gone before he could react, but now that he had it seems this fellow suddenly wasn't so keen on staying for Q&A. With the broken girl cared for and Stephen provided his coffee (which Roberts provided himself- funny that he should still have it after his abduction,) it seems he was done watching idly, too.

He stepped forward with a crooked walk, seamlessly slipping Stephen his drink and Nikki the newspaper as if it were in casual passing. Roberts took his time while questions were being asked, pausing outright at the mention of the supernatural, and turning to stare at Aric inquiringly.

When he did reach Gus, he did not stay for long, extending a hand to shake with one hand while rubbing the corner of his jaw with the other. Awfully sore, now that you notice it. Perhaps the man just had his wisdom teeth out. Must have been tasking to talk.

"A few coworkers haven't been showing up to the office," he spoke flatly.
    You wouldn't happen to know anything about that.
    Would you?
    "
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Devilfish; 2013-03-12 at 05:07 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Sari laid on the ground for quite a bit, having watched the baboon play his Mysterio gig, complete with disappearing girl. Gus' appearance stirred the hornet's nest, sending the hottie over to console the pitiful little girl, and getting some of the others asking 'important' questions.

But all that was irrelevant. Sniffing the air, Sari smelled it ... the odor of lost kin. Humans thought they smelled like brimstone, but he knew better. It was the smell of burning feathers, the acrid odor of one's essence being morphed into something baser, darker ...

Gus wasn't just any monkey.

Standing up and stretching, Sari looked around the room, as if it had changed, then snorted as the bearded guy (Roberts?) walked up close and started talking softly.

"HEY, GUS!" His shout was loud enough to draw everyone's attention for a moment. "You've got a real Lion King thing going on here, but I'm wondering ... how's Hell these days?" He smiled, crossing his arms and staring at the baboon.
    Last edited by Starbin; 2013-03-12 at 06:19 PM.
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

Things had, Ed decided, taken a strong turn towards the bizarre, which was saying something, given the last two minutes. First Denim Jacket starts asking questions about magic and teleportation, then the Crowe-wannabe, who already seemed a little too unconcerned, starts yelling at the baboon.

What the hell are you talking about? You sayin' this monkey is a dem

A strange moment of clarity started Ed on a new train of thought, stopping him mid-sentence. Things weren't making sense, but they didn't always need to, or at least that had been his experience. So what if there were demons and talking baboons and maybe talking demonic baboons offering him tea - it wasn't the first time he ran into things that technically didn't exist.

Giving a small sigh, he raised his hand and asked calmly.

Alright, who is human here... can we get a show of hands?

25. - Top - End - #25

Nicole stares.

"What are you on about? Aside from the Freakshow the Talking Ape parlor trick we're all hu...!"

She pauses mid-sentence as the last few bits of conversation replay in her mind. Hell. Magic objects. Teleporting. Supernatural abilities. Right.

She sighs.

"Is this some sort of new reality show? 'cause you're really reaching, guys. I know this Twilight thing took the media by storm, but this is going a bit far."

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

"Timelord" The Doctor said with a raised hand. His screwdriver continued to make its little noise in his jacket pocket, collecting data from the room around them and clicked shut once it was done. Wonderful thing, this screwdriver. It even worked through wool! He would check it later, once he had time.

27. - Top - End - #27

roberts walks past just as stephen's making his request. when he looks down, his knife hand is out of his pocket and holding a coffee. what the F- he tosses the beer bottle over his shoulder and shoves that hand in his pocket. the bottle doesn't hit a wall. never f***ing drinking again.

for the new boy's question steve pulls his hand back out to make a 'kinda-sorta' jester. "when the wind is southerly." he sips his coffee.
    Last edited by commander panda; 2013-03-16 at 01:44 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28

Aric shrugs, "Perfectly human here, even with my assorted curses and perks..." He raises his hand briefly, long enough to be 'counted' but quickly looks back toward the baboon waiting for answers.

29. - Top - End - #29

BlueKnightGuy

To some surprise, Roberts perks his head back and raises his hand as well.

(Not the one extended for Gus, of course; that would be discourteous. And concerning as it was that Nicole had not read his paper, and that he was now shaking hands with a hellspawn without backup, discourtesy and discomfort were luxuries that could not afford to be shown.)

He offers a small smile to the group, saying nothing.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gus takes Roberts' hand and shakes it vigorously, before guffawing loudly.

'So many questions! So many. Let's see. Doctor, why cannot baboons speak? Do you think it is the private reserve of humans, hmm? I tease, only, forgive me. But you'll be here as long as it's necessary. Rest assured, though, you're guests, not prisoners. Your device won't give you any worthwhile readings, however.'

With that, Gus stands up and begins walking over to Sariel.

'Hello, Sariel! Look at us, long lost brothers in arms. I wouldn't know, it's been a while. How has it been for you? I imagine your personal hell is no less terrible than the real thing. Alas, you have exposed me! What is a demon to do?' Apparently, he snickers - as the baboon demon proceeds to do.

Gus pauses for a moment. Instantly, Leila is there, with a tray covered with cups of tea, biscuits and... what looks suspiciously like Advil. With a nod, he sets her to distribute the goodies amongst the congregants.

He then walks over to Hannah and Nikki, and glances at the child ruefully.

'You are here because you must be, child. As we all must be. Being here was inevitable, as much as being elsewhere was, previously. All your roads lead to Rome. But Rome is not the destination. You will be here now, and elsewhere later. And elsewhere thereafter. Ultimately, you will always be somewhere, unless you're not. In which case you will not be. Or perhaps will, but in different ways.'

Gus glances behind him.

'Magician, unfortunately, I cannot yet allow you to use your magics. Soon, yes, but not now. Forgive an old baboon his transgressions.'

He turns back to Nikki, 'Take as much Advil as you need. Leila keeps an ample stash. She's a very dutiful girl, that way. Leila! Get this young woman tea, biscuits and Advil, please. Nikki, you got here by needing to be here. At this moment in time, at this exact place, you needed to be - and therefore the universe just needed a reminder. And here you are. Doesn't it feel right?'

Finally, he maneuvers back to the middle of the group.

'Yes, my friends, I am a demon. Does that scare you? I hope not. Though your kind are subjected to a lot of celestial propaganda, rest assured that I am not interested in harming you. Quite the opposite. Because for our Argument to make sense, you need to remain a part of it. And belonging... belonging is the issue, here, I think. Belonging is the big issue. Now, let me be entirely honest with you, for a moment. Hitherto, you've known me as Gus, and a baboon. You should continue to know me as Gus, the baboon. But I am also called by another name.'

The pause is pregnant.

'Some time ago, now, I was Gusion. A Prince of Hell of the third order. Commander of forty cohorts and ruler of Pan-Stygia. But put that out of your minds for a moment. At this time, I need to tell you some things...'

images flash through your mind

---Celestial Host arrives to this world riding fire and lightning

---It wages merciless war against the native powers

---The primitives of the world are subdued, and honor their new masters

---Lucifer, the greatest of the Seraphim, urges the Almighty to lead the host elsewhere, fearing for its safety

---A terrible War in Heaven rages, as Lucifer's supporters clash with the strict adherents, creating the Argument

---Lucifer is cast down, along with his angels, all the way to Hell

---Celestial dominance over this world is almost achieved

---But something is wrong... Something is very, very wrong...

---Where do souls go to rest?

---Where do souls go to rest?!
    ---WHERE DO SOULS GO TO REST?!

'It is hubris, I believe, to think that age is wisdom. We celestials are old, it is true. But are we wise? We came to this place and our proverbial balls were swinging, if you know what I mean. Who could contest our right to rule? Not the totemic spirits of the so-called 'monkeys', that much is certain. Not their pathetic gods, who held dominion over places and elements. We killed them by the bucket load, before they fled. But, one must ask the question: did it make us right? A balance has been disturbed.'

Gus shifted in place, uneasily.

'I believe something is coming. I believe it's already here. And Armageddon follows close behind.... You are here to stop the end of the world.'

He looks at each of you, expectantly.

'More tea?'

End of Episode One
    Last edited by Voltaire; 2013-03-13 at 12:16 AM.