New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 122728293031323334353637
Results 1,081 to 1,102 of 1102
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Heroes of the Fall

Even as brothers fought, sisters threatened, and death raged, the good work of the crop god continued. Leaving the Tatanka once more, Llassar traveled again, spreading the knowledge of growing and family across the lands. The disc's size being mammoth, it's no surprise that his paths didn't take him near the lands of his siblings. Many isolated villages, desolate camps, and seaside towns learned the value of planting, growing, and family from Llassar.

He kept connected with the Tatanka, of course - he visited them frequently while ranging through the wilds. Wherever the land was thick and lush, he could weave his way through the foilage until once again he found himself in the amber corn fields of his home. Although each journey seemed long and winding to him (for all magic has a price), he was content to walk through them, the siren call of his family and community making every journey bearable.

Llassar was a popular god in the wild, isolated places. Legends of him spread through the undergrowth across every continent, and thankful villagers erected small shrines to him, to bless the harvest. They found, to their surprise, that by invoking his name they could make their crops more lush and fruitful, and the earthy, rugged Faith of Llassar grew in many places.

Spoiler
    Show
    One Minor Act:

Create the Faith of Llassar. The Faith of Llassar, led by the Grandfathers, promote community and family values in the communities they lead. They use the blessings of Llassar to coax great harvests out of their soils, even if normally they wouldn't be so bountiful. In addition to this, childbirth is less lethal and less taxing when a Father or Mother of Llassar is there, and the birth of twins more common.
    Last edited by Tectonic Robot; 2013-01-28 at 10:06 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Firbolg in the Playground

In A House Broken
    "There is not enough rain in all Salus to wash away the scars.
    There is not enough wind in all of Salus to take away the screams of men."

The original chorus lyrics to Broken, a soldiers dirge
    Spoiler
    Show
    Original song is Blown Away

Kalandor felt brother fight brother, he felt the screams of the dead.
    He felt his own weakness ad sorrow as cracked and parched stone became wet around his eyes.
    He wanted nothing more to flee, to take a moment and rest. To truly, rest.
    And something began to glow.
    Kalandor might be weak now, but when has he run?
    When has Kalandor left his siblings to fend for themselves?
    Was this the Kalandor that loved his family?
    It was Haramhold's gift, laying upon his chest. He could not think of a way to have them all acknowledge themselves at the same time... Why was Llassar not here? Why couldn't he be hear?
    But Fayruz and Sonata, they wouldn't fight. They were as a two as much the love of family as Llassar... Perhaps, perhaps they could sing to his brothers...
    With almost delirous thoughts amoungst the screaming of the dead, Kalandor composed a simple message. Gripping the amulate, he almost flung it with his message, willing it to land next to Fayruz, he didn't realised he missed some what...
    And then a thought gripped him as the tear into the realm of the dead closed closed...
    That wasn't Av- it was a man with a shovel! How did-? Questions dawned on him, but he couldn't stay, he simply sent another message, knowing it's reply wouldn't reach him before he fled... He felt the changling that had been following as he also thought the message quickly..... Fading, he composed a third message.

[Message to Fayruz and Sonato]
    Spoiler
    Show

Kalandor missed with the amulate [[To maintain continuim], however when Fayruz begins walking, she would see it quickly, a glimmering jem in the waste of divine battle.

My Dearest Sisters.
    I cannot stay... I am tired... I am weak... I would not curse this place as my resting place, it has suffered enough...
    But what my brothers do now... It is not right...
    Haramhold gave me this Fayruz... To show me my light... To... Show them their light my sister... They cannot win so easily, we his children should not be broken so easily...
    I love you...

Kalandors voice sounds full of tears, yet also it sounds like that of an old mn, ready for one last sleep.

[Message to Jethro]
    Spoiler
    Show

"Who are you, and what have you done to my sister!"

Words rage in a tired manner in Jethro's head, leaving as suddenly as they started.

[Message to Jongo]
    Spoiler
    Show

With a Raw sounding mind voice, a message reaches Jongo.
    "I will take your friend with me as you seem to wish.... IF I'm wrong... Look for me where I'm most not...."

The message ends quickly, like someone pained to speak.

Without so much as a further peep, Kalandor flings himself across the world, to that the place where he landed. His entry was off, but his destination remained the same as he crashed down to the earth, rolling. In quiet tears, Kalandor 'falls' into the earth, ready to rest, the only effort he made on his landing, was to guide the descent of the Jongoscion Bahbi to the ground, that his crash would be less painful. As he slipped away, Kalandor willed Bahbi into sleeping, and such was Kalandor's sleep, that as long as Kalandor slept, Bahbi would to, much like a bear in hibernation, sustained by the lightest touch of a god while they were both almost comatose.

Kalandors sleep would mark an event known on the northern continent, as the Depression of Roads. Should none wake him, Kalandor, sleeping for seven days so soundly as that before his arising, did something that few gods did when they slept, for Kalandor truly sleeping was something so rare, that its occurrence fully drew him in, taking almost all of him and the power he granted.
    And that drew with it, his main blessing.
    People did not want to travel. They wanted nothing more to just settle. This was a effect that travelled many kilometres without weakening, making it weakly to nearby continents, but also affecting places Kalandor had strong bond. In the city he most frequently stayed at before he spread knowledge, it is said that people had trouble feeding themselves, and where it not for man's inherent need to survive, the town would be devoid of the living.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

Life is Hectic.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Orc in the Playground

Fayruz's words flowed in the air like a crystal brook, cooling the hate which had saturated the very earth around the quarreling brothers. The million shards of the locust blade which had frozen in midair in their pursuit of Contragh when The Maiden of the Dusk had entered the stage. The closest of which were mere feet away from Contragh. They now flew through the air and congregated into one blade once more in their maker's hand. Looking down Haramhold contemplated the shimmering cloud of true darkness. It was not shrouded in darkness to make itself more powerful, it was because deep down the craftsmen did not want his family see what a terrible weapon he had forged. Did not want them to see all of the fear and anger he had poured into it. All of that weakness. That's what the locust blade really was, not a weapon to combat his foes but one to drive away his weakness. The blade dripped now, and the ground at Haramhold's feet grew red with his brother's blood. The craftsmen had been wrong, his sisters words drew that to the surface of his mind. This blade could not destroy his fears or his anger unless he allowed it to devour himself. And Haramhold was not ready to go down that path, the terrible visage of Jethro who was once Anvyra had shown what a unspeakable fate that would be.

"I shame myself" the craftsmen whispered, "Leave this place Contragh, see to your own people. I will finish up here and join you when I'm done." Haramhold's voice allowed no debate.
    --------
    Amanda heard Torvaag's words and sense the experience of eons in his voice that resonated with every rock and stone. She called out now to the eldest elemental "Here me ancient one! I am Amanda the lady of these lands whom your brethren attacked this very day. Swear to me that you will bring no harm to the people or the land of Salus this day and I will let you in."
    Last edited by shorewood; 2013-01-30 at 11:02 PM.
    Sometimes it is useful to know how large your zero is. ~Author Unknown

4. - Top - End - #1084

Spoiler
    Show
    A week or so ahead in the timeline.

Horrors Of The Second Child/A Saint's Quarry
    "... There is nothing more horrifying than living a horror tale. Killing Saints occasionally inflict that on others..."

As would become known, Kalandor's second child was of a race Kalandor interacted with upon occasion, and was of the race just abbandoned by Frellon, left again to be chaos beasts of the world. Very few recieved divine influence from Kalandor, and this was unknown of by the killing saints.
    For this, Kalandor's child was of a race that cried open season to any Killing Saint.
    He was an Orc.

Ganatha was the tribe leader of the Anamak tribe, one of the few that accepted Kalandor's teachings. They had recently completed a trading experdition on the borders of the Greywilder, where they traded with the Anaklian tribe, a Beastial tribe composed mainly of Minitours. It was a time to renew pacts and aquantencies, drink unusual brews, and compare strengths in trials of skill. Near the end, the pallour of Kallandor's sleep fell over the meeting, holding it longer than expected in a drawn out lethargy which seemed to still even the everpresent insects of this time of year.

However, when it finally left, the Orcs where away. They were not as much for mystic matters, even though some did practice shamanism, the skill with the sword was much more valuable in their mind. Even the Minitour tribe were not much for it, and their closest high shaman was many a week away for the large tribe.

It this that should have told Ganatha that his 60th year would be the most turbelent year for a great many. It was in this year, the occasional fable, and much rarer horror tale, would enter a new reality for this the tribe he lead.
    For Amathu stalked the Anamak. A Killing Saint set his sights high, for a feat of arms that few followed through with in it's total. Women were even a target amoungst orcs, and Children could occasionally prove challenge, and few existed due to their quick maturation.
    When a Killing Saint chose to target a Orc tribe, the women and children didn't deseminate into other tribes, at least, not many.
    The Orc tribe disapeared.

Yet, even as this would be Ganatha's test, set in motion mellenia before by one who had moments of clarity about a chaotic future, another walked the path beside him.

---

Not All Lessons are Heard/A Potent Crone/The Third Child
    "Ignorence is bliss, but a curse for those who live with the Ignorent."

Melany was Kalandor's only daughter, a human child, birthed in the town of Benagoth. It was a small thing, barely deserving of it's title, just outside the border of the area deemed 'owned' by the 'city' Mentat, where Kalandor in spreading philosophy and his teaching declared, rather thoroughly, that those of learning were important, and did follow the path of Kalandor, for they travelled the esoteric path of the mind, a decleration that would first begin the settling of man on the northern contenent, at least, for those amoungst Kalandor's flock.
    However, dispite this, magic was still dispised by many humans, and in this town perticularly. This town came from a tribe that suffered from magic, and had in oral history, the words "Suffer not the Shaman."

Kept alive only for her use, and once again being railed against [as she expected] for the Depression of Roads, Melany meerly accepted as some people actually did strike her, only now begining to rail against in what would eventually grow to a violent confrontation. In this, her reinforced bodies 50th year, Melany stepped on a path recently walked by Scha'Mane, and walked it alongside and far distant from Ganatha.
    Last edited by Erik Vale; 2013-02-19 at 06:44 PM.
    Show

Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.

Life is Hectic.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The Primordial and the Gods

A human? No, something a bit more, a bit longer lasting. Not been around to long in anycase but...

"Aye lass, I'll not harm ye, yer kin or yer folk. All I want is to return them home, an heal 'em from what been done ter them. Damn dream thing o ash and fear. Not shamed ter say made me blood cool and me skin harden."
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Orc in the Playground

"Then come in ancient one and lets end this travesty." Amanda responded, mentally giving permission for Torvaag to enter the realm.
    Sometimes it is useful to know how large your zero is. ~Author Unknown

7. - Top - End - #1087

A thousand things to do, one minute to do it.

Kalandor waking up is like a stream of conciousness. The depression suddenly lifted and for a few moments those affected by it almost became manic in a overcorrection. However like any such, this soon returned to normal, sudden springs in step returning to brisk walks, as life started to become normal. Bahbi would remain sleeping a moment, as Kalandor willed. A thousand pre-hibernation desires pulled at him.

He needed to contribute to the Nexus, but Haramhold had found a way. He had sibblings to meet, Concerns were mounting with other things. He still had to talk to Haramhold about his idea for the city.
    He suddenly became depressed at a flood of memories he carefully returned to one side.
    He had to determine why Jongo wanted him to have 'Bahbi', he had to look as to his child, and any other children, he wanted to fiddle with the nexus, he had to find out what happened to Avina....
    Calls of housekeeping were amoungst the loudest in any case, he had a messenger he could use to gather information, and visiting was of minor importance, he could feel them and they could feel him.
    The thought of being tied down to a civilization made Kalandor stop and laugh.

As the moments passed, Kalandor examined Bahbi in a manner beyond that of mortals, learning all he could about the shapeshifters body.
    And then he released him from sleep, as Kalandor, sitting nearby spoke softly to wake him up, creating from what appeared to be nowhere, two small campfires, one roasting a bird, and one with two pots above it.
    "Hey sleepy. It's time to wake up."
    Show

Life is Hectic.

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Ogre in the Playground

Bahbi

The first thing Bahbi heard after the battle was, "Hey sleepy. It's time to wake up."

The first thing Bahbi smelled was a roasting fowl, and it was pleasantly filling... the cave?

Bahbi couldn't tell where he was. But the voice sounded familiar.

"Uncle Goose? Where... where are we?" Looking around, Bahbi saw the campfires, and what looked like a pair of pots simmering. They smelled good too.

Sitting up, Bahbi looked down at himself. He was grey.

This was normal, of course, for Jongoscion. After all, they have sleek grey skin. But Bahbi could have sworn he had fallen asleep as a lion. And before that, he was wearing the human form Creator-Father-Mother had insisted each Jongoscion learn if they wanted to travel above the waves.

Still. He was in his own skin, as it were. Mystified and hungry, Bahbi let those questions rest. He could wait.

And Uncle Goose was here. That was... that was fantastic. And speaking with Bahbi of all people!
    Last edited by Gengy; 2013-02-22 at 05:00 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

"What-the-Jongo?"
    Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes!

Got me a Real Job™ (yay!). Still busy (boo!).
    ~avatar by myself

9. - Top - End - #1089

Kalandor and Bahbi

"We are, well. We are at the first place I ever set foot on the disk. Roughly. Middle of the north, I can show you a map later, but before we get bogged down, Might a guess your a little hungry. I don't eat often, but we've been asleep a good while, and foods about ready. Sorry for the small bird, but your stomachs probably tender."

Kalandor smiles, feeling almost paternal as he speaks, turning towards the food. With the lightest touch of his will, he could detect the fowls meat was at the perfect fall off the bone stage. Meanwhile, bellow Bahbi's senses, Kalandor subtly rejuvenated the Jongoscion. A weak of nothing played hell on the body, and it wouldn't do any good to have the 'child' useless.
    Last edited by Erik Vale; 2013-02-23 at 01:43 AM.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Ogre in the Playground

Bahbi

Bahbi felt odd. Good. But odd.

He did feel rather... starved. Uncontrollably hungry, actually. Before he knew it, he'd eaten the whole bird, and was licking his fingers clean.

Belching, he finally remembered his manners, "Excuse me."

Feeling rejuvenated and full - mostly - Bahbi stood up and cleaned himself off. With a deep breath, he concentrated and quickly took the shape of his human form.

It was difficult.

That alone was surprising. Of all of Bahbi's practiced forms, only the Dolphin was easier then the shape of looking human.

Still. Hours upon hours of shifting, changing, endless practicing -- all to be able to leave the Sea of Jongo when creator-father-mother or one of the Gwenies said they were ready -- paid off. The change was slower than normal, more challenging because of the week-long hibernation, but it was coming along.

Soon Bahbi looked like a well muscled and able Human, if a bit simple and plain. Except for his startling grey eyes. Those were the only remarkable thing about his looks. And even they could be overlooked, if you weren't paying attention.

"Ah. Much better. It's nice to not feel dirt between my webbing. Toes are much nicer on dirt. So, ummm... Uncle Goose... did we... did we win?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

11. - Top - End - #1091

Kalandor

Quote Originally Posted by Gengy View Post
    "Ah. Much better. It's nice to not feel dirt between my webbing. Toes are much nicer on dirt. So, ummm... Uncle Goose... did we... did we win?"
    Kalandor's face drops a moment, his voice soft and heavy with meaning that is far removed from his words.
    "Yes, yes we did. Everyone is much safer know from what I can tell. But it will be a while until I hear everything."

Kalandor resumes his previous visage, only a hint of sadness left.
    "The Grape vine is long on my level. However, one of those pots has some tea and the other some soup from the slightly less edible bits of the bird. I think I have some bread in my pack, we can eat some more and then I'll have to decide exactly which way we're going... Thinking of which, Bahbi, why did you follow me?"

Kalandor seems slightly inquisitive despite trawling through a small backpack that didn't seem to be there before. And Bahbi might also notice he hadn't introduced himself...
    Show

Life is Hectic.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Ogre in the Playground

Bahbi

Bahbi rolled the question around in his head for a bit. When he spoke at last, his eyes were distant, and it seemed like he was remembering something; some sort of lesson.

"On Grandfather's Moon
    Many children there were.
    They laughed and they played
    And caused quite a stir.

On Grandfather's Moon
    Auntie Rose played tricks on the unwary
    Uncle Duckie shifted magic
    Auntie Avyra is still scary

On Grandfather's Moon
    Uncle Rodney crafted dreams
    Uncle Toucan was proud
    Auntie Lakespittle burst with joy at the seams

On Grandfather's Moon
    Auntie Pineapple would fight
    Auntie Flower would love
    Auntie Iris would sing everything right

On Grandfather's Moon
    Uncle Grassblade would shield
    Uncle Bunny would plan
    Uncle Khalen-Fishy would say, 'The Law does not yield.'

On Grandfather's Moon
    Auntie Monkey would breeze
    Uncle Doggie would hunt
    Uncle Hyena would freeze

On Grandfather's Moon
    Uncle Cookie would bake
    Uncle Butterfly would craft
    Uncle Hippo would make

On Grandfather's Moon
    Uncle Squid would do the right thing without fail
    Uncle Porcupine would make merry
    And Uncle Goose would tell the best tale

On Grandfather's Moon
    Family was all
    But Grandfather's Moon is red
    And the children had to fall

They left their home
    They left it too soon
    To avoid the evil
    That now lives on Grandfather's Moon

Remember them as they were
    Because forgetting would be wrong, oh --
    Remember these words of the Eldest
    The words of Jongo."

Embarrassed, Bahbi looked over at Uncle Goose, and coughed. "Creator-Father-Mother had us learn about each of you. Some of us found things about each of you that we liked. I always liked exploring and stories. I guess... I guess when the fighting started, and I got scared, I stayed close to one of Creator-Father-Mother's siblings... and I was just happy it was you.

I've always admired everything that we've heard about you, Uncle Goose. Even when Creator-Father-Mother kept saying how you were the baby of the family, and could use a few polite whacks on your thick skull, I could tell she cared for you a great deal. So with the fighting going on, I just... followed. Was that not all right?"
    Last edited by Gengy; 2013-02-24 at 09:34 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

13. - Top - End - #1093

Kalandor

Kalandor smiles as he listens to the tune, enjoying it's simplicity as he logs it within his head. It seemed that all his siblings had taken to singing.

Embarrassed, Bahbi looked over at Uncle Goose, and coughed. "Creator-Father-Mother had us learn about each of you. Some of us found things about each of you that we liked. I always liked exploring and stories. I guess... I guess when the fighting started, and I got scared, I stayed close to one of Creator-Father-Mother's siblings... and I was just happy it was you.

I've always admired everything that we've heard about you, Uncle Goose. Even when Creator-Father-Mother kept saying how you were the baby of the family, and could use a few polite whacks on your thick skull, I could tell she cared for you a great deal. So with the fighting going on, I just... followed. Was that not all right?"

"Oh no, it is entirely all right, I just wondered if there was a message or some such... It's actually been quite a while scince I have travelled with anyone, and your reason is as good as any other. Though I will ask you, would you like to travel with me a while, perhaps see where I get some of my stories from?"

Oppening a small wrap from a thin loaf of bread, Kalandor breaks it in half. Reaching acroos with his other hand, he removes the lid of the soup pot releasing the smell of a rather salty [He liked salt... He loved it, he actually had a few rocks of the stuff] bird soup. With a little thought a second pair of arms appear bellow his first, grabbing 4 cups and two plates, one set of 2 large almost bowl sized cups, and one set of two thick walled drinking cups, with very basic wooden plates. Quickly he laid them down and pourd some soup and tea with their bread side.

"The tea will carry, but we might as well travel full, wheverver we go."

Ganatha
    It wasn't every day an orc died.
    It wasn't every year he did going to toilet.
    It was only the past decade it was due to sword wounds like licks to vital points.
    It was onle the past century they had started cropping up.
    The Killing Saints.

The more religious [The Chief Included] made the motion of a walking man with a staff. It was the first death, they could be hunted, they could not. A meeting would be called the next morning followed by a night of warried watching and mourning, as the orcs set up camp immidiately. It was a drill that one survivor clan of a hunt had told others of at the meetings. After a week of being noticed and chased out, the Saint left with much fewer casualties than he could have. The Camp wasn't as good as it could be, but for now it would have to do, everyone was shocked. Ganatha was on edge, one of his elite was dead, and none were to bear witness... His blade wasn't even wet with blood, and he wasn't a follower of Kalandor.
    Ganatha sincerely hoped that battles of the past would let the soul of his friend be taken by the old gods...

Melany
    "You."
    "Please don't bother me priest. If you don't notice I have herbs to collect."
    "Pah. Look at me witch."
    "Careful with your words. You follow a god who agrees wth us."
    "Horse raddish. Your to come with me."
    "Your a patient man. Go be so, I shant be more than 10 minutes."
    "No, You are being called to heel."
    "Pah. Leave me to my work preacher man, I'll head to your precious town square when I'm done."
    "You court danger. Take not to long, let you find bigger men comming for you."
    "And I will fear them not, for they are Kalandor fearing men and I am as faithful to his cause as the wind. Your words have no purchase on me."

In a huff, the preacher turns and leaves, his robes stained green with grass over the ceremonial green/brown staining. Kalandor wasn't much for priests, and should he wander here...
    'The preacher will be reminded to preach the whole scripture.'
    Last edited by Erik Vale; 2013-02-24 at 09:25 PM.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Ettin in the Playground

Contragh Enlightened

Contragh stared absently into the sky, his whole world spinning about him as he contemplated what just happened. To think, he needed his sister, the weakest of them all, to come to his aid and spare him from his bastard of a brother. As if to pour salt over his healed wounds she had the gall to tell him to reject his ways, to tear down the life he has built, the road he has paved with blood sweat and tears. Externally he did not move, but internally his heart became rigid like iron and shunted her advice. The weak gave choices, the strong imposed order. That was the natural life cycle that breathed and flowed through Contragh. And he would not succumb to the infection of weakness.

And yet, as he thought of Fayruz herself he found a new sense of thought. For all his time in the White City, he always viewed Fayruz as some useless, empty, figurine of Baz'Aurans will. A reminder, as he called it. He always questioned why Baz'Auran would do such a thing, surely if Contragh needed to see his glory he need look no farther then Baz'Auran himself. But now that he lied on the disk, severed from his home, it held a whole new sense of purpose. A tangible being to represent the White City, of his father. Of course his father, with his infinite wisdom, would foresee this exact scenario. It was the only reasoning for her existance. And did not Contragh himself plan for even the smallest of contingencies? The slightest murmurs of threats? Even now he prepared to protect his city out of fear from a delusional madman's raving. He had no doubt that Baz'Auran did the same as Contragh himself, and with that he felt part of his uncertainties lift. He held a new charge, one that he held as close to his heart as the one Baz'Auran gave him in the White City (For what Baz'Auran commands in actions demands as much respect as what he commands in words). To protect Fayruz, the remnant of his lost home, and the idle reminder of Baz'Aurans greatness.

With a renewed gait he strode after Fayruz and embraced his sister in a hug "Do not worry. I teeter a dangerous path, but the righteous shall never truly fall." His words held a sense of confidence that could only be attributed to Contragh believing his own words. That his morality was beyond reproach, for his is the will of Baz'Auran. Patting his sister one last time he turned away, heeding Haramholds command and flying into the Nexus Gate. His forces followed in route, and all traces of the War God were gone, save the piles of corpses he left in his wake.

To Pierce the Veil

As Contragh spilled back into his beloved capital, he noticed that the soldiers who streamed into orderly lines were the reinforcements for Salus. The thousand or so soldiers were not needed in Salus, for the Forgeborn lay defeated, but their presence would be needed for the ensuing defense of Fex. Changing their orders he commanded them to reinforce the city walls and send their fastest runners out. They would herald the news that Contragh's horde would faulter for now. Now it would hold it's ground and defend what it conquered instead of moving out. Patrols were to be sent in between regiments in order to tighten their grip and to investigate beyond the perimeter in search of any dangers. The steeled commanders of Contragh's army began barking orders and getting men to position as Contragh moved on, departing to the front of Fex.

Leaving his city he watched the horizon for a time, idly reaching out with a rotted claw and snatching the sun from sight. He smiled at the illusion of depth and began to dream of one day conquering from one side to the other, so that the sun always dawns on Contragh's empire. Setting aside such far off thoughts he focused on the present. Staring down at the earth beneath him, his white eyes held an unwavering glare, so intense that it could bore holes through walls. Eventually his stomach began to bulge, forcing it's way up to his throat, and Contragh released a gutteral scream of pain and fury. But instead of breathing fire he instead spewed out the black liquid that composed Soul Pools. The infestation swelled beneath his talons, spreading about and clumping around his nails. Staring into the bubbling, frothing pool he snorted, noxious fumes flaring forward into the pool of spiritual tar.

With a lurch of his head he dived forward, plunging head first into the bubbling mass of blackness. But instead of hitting dirt and stone beneath it, Contragh slipped through, the black pit swallowing his draconic form whole and swirling away to nothingness upon him passing through. Contragh jettisoned forward, his body wracked in pain as he pierced the veil of worlds and cut through into the Quiet Lands. The void of his arrival heralded a screeching, bone cracking sound of him soaring forward, causing the Quiet Lands to be less quiet, if only for a moment. And like that, he pierced the veil again and the Quiet Lands returned to the way they were.

His momentum did not stop, did not faulter, and it only seemed to be picking up speed. As if preparing to breach one final barrier. He propelled through the void, the emptiness between the realm of death and his target, skin tearing off as if the very air was bedrock that he grinded against to move through. Gritting his teeth he roared in defiance, unwilling to slow his progress, and with a flap of his wings he tore through the resistance and regained control of himself. Determined, he continued flying forward, jaw snapping shut as he finally threw a claw forward, rending yet another hole for him to enter through. Finally his path stopped, skidding to a halt as he entered his destination. What lied before him was not dead, no, it's purpose had been served but it had not relinquished the gift of life. For it was a mighty beast, one that held tremendous power in its grip and would not fade away by the mere passage of time. The very name demanded respect and brought forth feelings of fear and power to mortals and Contragh himself. Wyrm. The mighty elders amongst dragonkind, powerful veterans that proved their mettle even amongst the elite of dragonkind. Each were like heroes, beings of great feats and stories that few could match. The one that lied infront of him would prove to be no different. Contragh had wondered about their kind, he even bequeathed the ever knowledgable Jongo for aid on the matter, and yet he knew little of their full potential; And so he would be going in blind for his encounter against the Wyrm.

Glaring at Contragh, the wyrm raised his head and slowly began "WHO INTRUDES UPON MY ETERNAL REST?" It's voiced shook mountains and caused the more torn pieces of Contragh's skin to fly away helplessly. "I am Contragh, son of Baz'Auran and his vigilant hand upon the disc. I require something of you." Contragh addressed the dragon in a very formal and military fashion. This only seemed to draw a laugh out of the Wyrm "It would appear as if you are far too late. I finished my duties to the land long ago. I have earned my rest and you already are in the possession of one of my younger brethren. You do not need the aid of Xelythran." The Wyrm's voice grew lower with the reassurance of who laid in front of him, but he still boomed rather pointedly as he indicated towards the Dark Halo. Taking a step forward Contragh continued "It is not a choice that I give you. Either aid in the benefit of the world and be heralded as a being of greater renown then your kin. Or oppose me and work towards the greater good anyway." His voice held a feeling of threat in them as he continued to stride forward. This caused Xelythran to roar in protest "What? YOU DARE ORDER A BEING OF MY MAGNITUDE?!? YOU INSOLENT FLY, I SHALL RIP YOU ASUNDER LIKE THE MAGGOT YOU ARE!" Contragh smirked, the right side of his mouth flayed open, before saying "We shall see about that."

They came to blows, two titanic figures rending each other to pieces. Each breathing forth torrents of their chosen elements. Xelythran scraped Contragh's arm, and so the God retaliated by tearing into the Wyrm's belly. The Wyrm batted Contragh away, scraping his bleach eyes in the process. Irritated, Contragh lunged forward in an attempt to pin the Wyrm down. Their roars collided together and Balfire met true fire as the two beings collided together. Contragh snapped his teeth alongside the Wyrm's throat, causing Xelythran to slide his tail underneath Contragh and fling the God of War away. Screeching to a halt the two draconic beings stared each other down, and sprinted at one another. Taking to flight in the last second they collided against each other to begin their game of cat and mouse, one aggressing the other before having the roles switched.

Contragh was mighty indeed, even amongst his divinely blessed brothers and sisters he was renowned for his strength. But he was found wanting when it came to overpowering Xelythran. The Elder Wyrm began to overrun Contragh, batting the God of War about as he blocked the incoming blows as best he can. Seeing that a battle of brute strength would only end in his demise Contragh swiftly took a different course of action to prolong his own lifespan.

Pulling out of the extended brawl, Contragh flapped safely away before breathing forth the tar like substance that composed Soul Pools. Some of it caught on the Wyrm's leg but the dragon pressed on, easily swatting away the rest. And so the process continued, Contragh began to muck up Xelythran's leg, engaging in short skirmishes to further weaken the legs of the Wyrm. After his movement was sufficiently impaired he began to hasten his movements, frantically moving this way and that like a hunted rabbit. Xelythran tried to keep pace, but his left leg had become hardened and clumsy to use. As Contragh set to flight, Xelythran extended his wings to give chase. But the Divine Conqueror had tarred his wings aswell, and the Wyrm slide back to the ground after his lift off. Aerial advantage in hand, Contragh rained the black liquid upon the dragon, splashing across the whole of his body.

And slowly, ever so slowly, Contragh began to beat the Wyrm to submission. Every time the Wyrm would try to break the encasements off Contragh flew in to rip and tear at his rival dragon in order to stop him. Eventually Xelythran laid before Contragh, only his right arm of any real use. The Wyrm stared into the gods eyes with great contempt as the Divine Conquerer performed his Coup de Grace. In one fell swipe he tore the Wyrm's neck open and watched him bleed to death in front of him. A sadistic smile etched itself across his decrepit face as he saw the soul of the Wyrm begin to leave for the afterlife. But Contragh had other things in mind, he swiped his claw forward, and snatched the Wyrm's soul for his possession faster then lightning. Staring into his palm he felt the sheer well of power that layed before him, and with it he began to manipulate it with his own divine spark.

Xelythran's soul writhed and twisted in pain as Contragh experimented on it, toyed with it's being until he found it suitably subdued, and with that information in mind he bound it to himself and proceeded to leave (The corpse of Xelythran taken in the process). His objective complete he left Xelythran's pocket realm and began to return to his throne. There was quite a bit of work to be done.......
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Ettin in the Playground

An Old Man, A Tired Man, A Digging Man

Jethro remained bent down, exhausted and tired. His hands touched the earth, his eyes looked up to the sky, all that he and the other Gods had done to the earth, to other men, to themselves. His eyes were red from the tears, but they stopped to flow as he was embraced by the Fair lady Fayruz, a living idol and goddess to Baz'Auran, a... being he would never be able to meet. Her words spoke true, relaxing his weary mind from his strain and stress. He could feel the golden spark of power within him almost kindled as he fell into her embrace, as if Avyra, gone but not truly dead reached out to touch hers for a brief, heartfelt moment. The clamoring souls above him slipped into the shifting Twilight, the veil restitching itself back and linking the worlds away, as they should be. He stayed for a few moments as the Gods began to go about their business, until finally the old man found the strength to stand, hunched as ever, but standing. Though now a deity, he was still a simple man, and had a job to do.

He began there, where the earth was so horribly scarred, pained and blasted into oblivion. His eyes, old and yet divine, could see past the earth to the Twilight, that land of in between and veiled gold that chose to empower him with the wondrous and ever present power was that of the Gods, the divine spark which burned inside his breast. That power that he now held, not of the duty he was charged with as the God of Death, but that of the nurturing and far reaching Twilight came to manifest itself on that day. He took his shovel, grasped in a leather-bound hand worn from years of use, now felt more power than it had ever since his time as a mortal. Light that danced and swayed between gold and shadow encompassed his tool, his weapon, and his charge of duty, focusing to a head at the shovel's own. It sunk into the earth, the power sinking and folding into the land like honey stirred into yogurt, vanilla into dough. It filled this small slice of land until it seemed like the Twilight itself, a gold pool of water beneath the land soaking in like a sponge. Then, the light for a moment seemed to flicker away, but not before the first few sprouts of plants from the golden light had emerged. Soon, the entire scar was covered with a great swath of flora that filled the wounded void, changing the land to not some mere crater of earth, but to a garden and small basin. This God needed no monument, no mighty capital nor some display of strength, just the land, the world that he would tread was monument enough to what he wanted to represent. The small basin filled itself from head to toe with flowers, and in its center was a single tree. Young, but strong. The God stepped out, and looked at what he had done, nodding to himself. Then, he made way to the graveyard, that place which called to him, his other duty calling like water to a parched throat. There he was busy for the entire day, digging graves for all who had fallen.

All of them.

Spoiler
    Show
    I finally (canonically) gain the Nature Affinity ability.

Minor Action: (unless it's free because of gaining Nature Affinity) Heal the scar that he and the other gods created, filling it with nature and life, a small, simple garden as a marker of what happened in front of the Gates of Salus, and of the coming of Jethro as a Man amongst Gods.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Ettin in the Playground

Dark Places

After his confrontation with the Mesmer, the Lord of Punishment retreated to the dark core of his domain. Something had changed, however; previously it had been a sphere of flawless oblivion, devoid of light & sound. Now ghostly images flickered in the dark, sometimes twisting into recognisable shapes and figures while hushed whispers danced on the cusp of hearing.
    His attack upon Jongo’s domain had proven considerably more taxing than he had anticipated. The Chaos creature had gathered some of its wretched siblings to its cause and as a result, any attempt to subdue the creature by force would likely be fruitless. The Mesmer hopefully would relay his ultimatum and draw Jongo out to stand trial but what would happen when it arrived was anyone’s guess.

Sending a report to the Kraken informing him of what had unfolded, the Lord of Punishment turned his burning gaze away from the Sea of Jongo. There were two other areas that merited his attention – the fog shrouded island to the west of the Disk and a larger island to the south east. The corruption that afflicted each of them was very different – the larger island carried with it shrieks of pain and the scent of blood. There was also something darker, much darker, beneath the slaughter. The smaller island seemed to be veiled against his vision – something powerful dwelt here, something…intoxicating…

YOU ARE NOT READY.

The voice echoed out of the whispering darkness that surrounded him but it was very different to the other voices. It was the voice of Justice, the voice that had given purpose the wreckage of a fallen god.

THE ONE THAT DWELLS IN ULUUVATAR IS A CREATURE OF BEGUILEMENT. YOUR WILL IS TOO WEAK TO FACE HER. YOU MUST SEEK SUPPORT.

He nodded and the voice continued.

THE REALM OF FEX IS CORRUPTED BUT NOT IRREDEEMABLE. PURGE THE REALM OF ITS CORRUPTION. PASS JUDGEMENT ON ITS CHAMPION.

A number of questions floated to the front of his mind.

SEE WITH THE EYES OF THE DAMNED. SPEAK WITH THE VOICE OF JUSTICE. CLAIM THAT WHICH SHOULD BE YOURS. THE PATH OPENS.
    Last edited by The Succubus; 2013-04-02 at 05:06 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Ogre in the Playground

Lors
    A Journal Entry

The woman I'd mentioned before ended up being fine. She had passed out, but otherwise was no worse for the wear. Charlie and I got out of there before the guards showed up to ask their questions and make busy-bodies of themselves.

Don't get me wrong. I respect the guards. But they don't understand half of what I do for this city.

Still... I made sure the girl was all right. A polite word to a friend of a friend, and it seems she's found work at a very grateful bakery. It might have even been the one that the stolen bread came from. Either way, as far as I know, she's happy now. And she's being fed regularly, with nothing to fear.

I wish I could say the same.

I've begun to notice the Shadow again. It's popped up once or twice. I tried to explain it to Charlie, but he became confused, and just kept talking to me about kelp. And mermaids. And someone he calls Auntie Rose, who seems to be some sort of teacher.

I've discovered that Charlie can be silent sometimes. But he doesn't sleep all day long.

Still... it is nice having someone to talk to. He was apparently supposed to meet Lady Flower, but ever since running in to me, it's hasn't been important enough to him. And his chattering is comforting.

We walk the city most days. I've got to do my rounds. I meet with the Bakeries in the mornings, and while most people just see me getting breakfast, I'm actually checking for any rotten foods. Sickly yellow colors in anyone's breakfasts are never a good sign. It doesn't happen often; but every once in a while, some apprentice leaves something out over night, or a bad batch of food is delivered to the wrong place at the wrong time.

The best way to cure sickness is to prevent it from happening. So I always have an early morning breakfast.

Next is fishing in the river. First, it was just to clear out that bad batch of demon fish. But now it's an excuse to check on the water. Mother Olm is clean and clear most days, but every so often I'll find a black spot in the river. Sometimes it's just a log. Sometimes it's muck. Sometimes it's something worse. Either way, I clean it out. Someone has to.

I swear I hear the river sigh when I'm done. But I'm an old fool, and I'm probably hearing things.

Up next is climbing to the tallest wall of the city, and just looking out. In the past, I'd find an odd color here and there, nudge a guard with subtle words, and they would go and find out that it'd be a couple guys in a tussle, or a woman not caring for her children properly. Those are just some examples. The guards would have strong words with whoever it was, about whatever they were doing, and that would be that. The oddity would be gone. The Olm would be a better place.

I once managed to stop an all out battle between two sides of a street, just by sending a single guardsman looking for a lost little girl. The girl actually wasn't lost; but the guard didn't know that. He spent all day on that street, shouting her name. The conflicting sides of the street just saw a guard, walking up and down, through the allies, yelling: "Prudence! Prudence!"

These days, though?

These days, I get up on that wall, and I see fear. Fear in the color of absolutely no color at all. Devoid of color. And the guardsmen have their hands full. There isn't anyone around to politely trick or cajole into doing what needs to be done.

Everyone's trying to deal with the Holy Worker, and the cult that he's spawned.

Lady Flower isn't here. Gamesha and the others are busy taking on the bigger sects. Guardsmen are more weary, run down, spread too thin throughout the Olm.

The people know something is going on. Everyone can feel it. There are rumors and hearsay flying through the city. But nothing is confirmed. Nothing is ever confirmed.

It's better that way.

Makes it easier to do my job.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Bahbi

"Lead the way, Uncle." Bahbi was ecstatic. He was going on an adventure with Uncle Goose. And it was going to be great! There was Tea and everything.

"Where you go, I'll follow. If nothing else, I'll have some great stories to tell the others when I get back to the Sea of Jongo. And maybe I'll meet more of Creator-Father-Mother's family!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Feels like We've been Waiting Forever

With permission granted at last, Jongo gave the soulfire over to Torvaag. Upon the Elder Elemental touching the flame, it soon sparked brighter and clearer. Hundreds of embers flickered up into the sky, and fell like rain down on to the statues that seemed to litter an larger area of the battlefield.

Each ember touched a statue, and burned brightly with fire yet again, moving and waking as though from a deep sleep. Most finished half-ended attacks, but found no great Hydra before them. Several just stopped, and looked confused.

All of them soon were milling about, the fight gone from them. The fire being removed from their bodies was draining - in more ways than one - and though it was returned, the fatigue was still there.

"As I said, Torvaag Grimdeep, your own family is fine. If you say that a debt is owed still, then let it be one owed to you by me. I swear, in the name of my Father, Jongo Chaosborn will answer your call. For now, we both have our families to attend to." And with that, Jongo bowed, and turned back to the battle.

It was mostly over. There were pockets of fighting here and there, but with Torvaag being let through the Barrier, the Forgeborn could sense him and it seems like he was calming them down. That was good.

Jongo could feel the choas of war slowly dying down. It was draining, in a way.

So much power had been thrown around here. Without the extra boost in energy, Jongo wasn't sure she could have handled it. In that sense, he was lucky. But now?

Now it was becoming a bit too much.

"Amanda-dear, not to be a bother, but come give me a hug."

"What? Uncle? Now?" Confused, Amanda still stepped over and hugged Jongo. Falling into the hug, Jongo shrank. Once more the size of a small child - even smaller than normal, now that Jongo took stock of things - everything was a bit easier to handle.

Now hanging from Amanda's neck, Jongo monkey climbed around to her back, and smiled a sigh of contentment.

"Come on, Amanda-dear. Let's go talk with your fathhh -errrrrr, husband. Ouran, you're welcome to join us. I don't think Torvaag here will cause us any problems, as long as we leave the Forgeborn alone. And you should meet some more of my family. You're welcome to hang out with me for as long as you like. I think, once I've rested some, I'm heading to help my brother, Bunny, and then I'm gonna go find out more about rocks. Maybe get into a friendly family squabble or two, for old time's sake."
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:

"What-the-Jongo?"

~avatar by myself

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Lors
    A Journal Entry

The woman I'd mentioned before ended up being fine. She had passed out, but otherwise was no worse for the wear. Charlie and I got out of there before the guards showed up to ask their questions and make busy-bodies of themselves.

Don't get me wrong. I respect the guards. But they don't understand half of what I do for this city.

Still... I made sure the girl was all right. A polite word to a friend of a friend, and it seems she's found work at a very grateful bakery. It might have even been the one that the stolen bread came from. Either way, as far as I know, she's happy now. And she's being fed regularly, with nothing to fear.

I wish I could say the same.

I've begun to notice the Shadow again. It's popped up once or twice. I tried to explain it to Charlie, but he became confused, and just kept talking to me about kelp. And mermaids. And someone he calls Auntie Rose, who seems to be some sort of teacher.

I've discovered that Charlie can be silent sometimes. But he doesn't sleep all day long.

Still... it is nice having someone to talk to. He was apparently supposed to meet Lady Flower, but ever since running in to me, it's hasn't been important enough to him. And his chattering is comforting.

We walk the city most days. I've got to do my rounds. I meet with the Bakeries in the mornings, and while most people just see me getting breakfast, I'm actually checking for any rotten foods. Sickly yellow colors in anyone's breakfasts are never a good sign. It doesn't happen often; but every once in a while, some apprentice leaves something out over night, or a bad batch of food is delivered to the wrong place at the wrong time.

The best way to cure sickness is to prevent it from happening. So I always have an early morning breakfast.

Next is fishing in the river. First, it was just to clear out that bad batch of demon fish. But now it's an excuse to check on the water. Mother Olm is clean and clear most days, but every so often I'll find a black spot in the river. Sometimes it's just a log. Sometimes it's muck. Sometimes it's something worse. Either way, I clean it out. Someone has to.

I swear I hear the river sigh when I'm done. But I'm an old fool, and I'm probably hearing things.

Up next is climbing to the tallest wall of the city, and just looking out. In the past, I'd find an odd color here and there, nudge a guard with subtle words, and they would go and find out that it'd be a couple guys in a tussle, or a woman not caring for her children properly. Those are just some examples. The guards would have strong words with whoever it was, about whatever they were doing, and that would be that. The oddity would be gone. The Olm would be a better place.

I once managed to stop an all out battle between two sides of a street, just by sending a single guardsman looking for a lost little girl. The girl actually wasn't lost; but the guard didn't know that. He spent all day on that street, shouting her name. The conflicting sides of the street just saw a guard, walking up and down, through the allies, yelling: "Prudence! Prudence!"

These days, though?

These days, I get up on that wall, and I see fear. Fear in the color of absolutely no color at all. Devoid of color. And the guardsmen have their hands full. There isn't anyone around to politely trick or cajole into doing what needs to be done.

Everyone's trying to deal with the Holy Worker, and the cult that he's spawned.

Lady Flower isn't here. Gamesha and the others are busy taking on the bigger sects. Guardsmen are more weary, run down, spread too thin throughout the Olm.

The people know something is going on. Everyone can feel it. There are rumors and hearsay flying through the city. But nothing is confirmed. Nothing is ever confirmed.

It's better that way.

Makes it easier to do my job.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Bahbi

"Lead the way, Uncle." Bahbi was ecstatic. He was going on an adventure with Uncle Goose. And it was going to be great! There was Tea and everything.

"Where you go, I'll follow. If nothing else, I'll have some great stories to tell the others when I get back to the Sea of Jongo. And maybe I'll meet more of Creator-Father-Mother's family!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Feels like We've been Waiting Forever

With permission granted at last, Jongo gave the soulfire over to Torvaag. Upon the Elder Elemental touching the flame, it soon sparked brighter and clearer. Hundreds of embers flickered up into the sky, and fell like rain down on to the statues that seemed to litter an larger area of the battlefield.

Each ember touched a statue, and burned brightly with fire yet again, moving and waking as though from a deep sleep. Most finished half-ended attacks, but found no great Hydra before them. Several just stopped, and looked confused.

All of them soon were milling about, the fight gone from them. The fire being removed from their bodies was draining - in more ways than one - and though it was returned, the fatigue was still there.

"As I said, Torvaag Grimdeep, your own family is fine. If you say that a debt is owed still, then let it be one owed to you by me. I swear, in the name of my Father, Jongo Chaosborn will answer your call. For now, we both have our families to attend to." And with that, Jongo bowed, and turned back to the battle.

It was mostly over. There were pockets of fighting here and there, but with Torvaag being let through the Barrier, the Forgeborn could sense him and it seems like he was calming them down. That was good.

Jongo could feel the choas of war slowly dying down. It was draining, in a way.

So much power had been thrown around here. Without the extra boost in energy, Jongo wasn't sure she could have handled it. In that sense, he was lucky. But now?

Now it was becoming a bit too much.

"Amanda-dear, not to be a bother, but come give me a hug."

"What? Uncle? Now?" Confused, Amanda still stepped over and hugged Jongo. Falling into the hug, Jongo shrank. Once more the size of a small child - even smaller than normal, now that Jongo took stock of things - everything was a bit easier to handle.

Now hanging from Amanda's neck, Jongo monkey climbed around to her back, and smiled a sigh of contentment.

"Come on, Amanda-dear. Let's go talk with your fathhh -errrrrr, husband. Ouran, you're welcome to join us. I don't think Torvaag here will cause us any problems, as long as we leave the Forgeborn alone. And you should meet some more of my family. You're welcome to hang out with me for as long as you like. I think, once I've rested some, I'm heading to help my brother, Bunny, and then I'm gonna go find out more about rocks. Maybe get into a friendly family squabble or two, for old time's sake."

Spoiler
    Show
    ((I forgot what Ouran's color was for a minute xD))

Armistice

Ouran could feel the field of war changing - it shifted into a calmer state, with less fighting and even less bloodshed. And he could tell it would soon end entirely - he felt elated, in a way. He'd seen enough battle already in his short life, and he'd like to see what peace looked like more often.

Ouran smirked to Jongo's invitation and shifted into an eagle of purest white, save for its golden talons and the black mask across its face. Sure, I'll come. If you're the eldest, this must be one weird family. And I like weird. Sihlk says 'hi, i found a rock with your face on it', by the way.

And with that, the group set off for the city.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2013-03-16 at 08:21 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

19. - Top - End - #1099

A weave of a thousand stories.

"Hey we're living in the colours of the rainbow
    Where every single shade has a story to be told
    It's a Picture
    It's a Portrait
    That's moving as the wind blows
    And at the end you'll find,
    No god finds it old."

A Bard of Kalandor.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Chorus of The Sunny Cowgirl's song: Green and Gold, last line changed somewhat.

Jongo had said that Kalandor always had the best stories. He was right [Rose may protest, but he was right...], together Kalandor and Bahbi travelled and talked of the gods and the world, and shared a love they both had. Shape-shifting.
    There was always something to be learned.
    As the Turquoise Eagle where they reached for the sun in their flight, Kalandor talked of he and Jongo both trying to out perform and reach ever greater heights above the white city.
    Waiting for a large herd of buffalo to past under rocks as the concealed Chameleon, Bahbi heard the stories that Kalandor and Rose created to entertain, seeking hieght's that the gods had yet to reach in deed in some ways.
    As the wolf prowling through the forest, tails of great hunts undertaken by Contragah, Frellon, Aramar and himself as to monsters for the purpose reached Bahbi's ears as they together scared birds and other prey, always letting them go at the last minute.
    Playing with the means of sound production to produce songs so sweat they would never reach another mortal ear, Kalandor told of the even greater compositions of Fayruz and Sonata, occasionally added to by Nieve.
    Whilst looking upon the pleasantry of rolling hills cast behind a deer, he told of the great works of 'The Weaver', and of the practical work's that where of Rumal and Haramhold.
    Kalandor had spread his teachings and knowledge of the other gods, but his words now would truly leave the continent now. And perhaps Jongo's children might have learned something of the fluidity of form from Kalandor, though in that he had doubts.

However, it was in a forest unamed that stood on the route, somewhat small, but non-the-less was very important, Kalandor took the form of a mole, and with will and skill, dug up a wagon.
    And soon after, a mule appeared.
    And then Uncle Goose grew old, an old man, his staff nobby and twisting with a thick top.

---
    What mountain to a god?
    "If you could blow up the world with the flick of a switch
    Would you do it?
    If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich
    Would you do it?
    If you could watch everybody work while you just lay on your back
    Would you do it?
    If you could take all the love without giving any back
    Would you do it?
    And so we cannot know ourselves or what we'd really do...
    With all your power
    What would you do?"
    Man's Desire

Spoiler
    Show
    Pretty much the first half of The Flaming Lip's "With All your power."

It was a good idea, but inherently flawed.
    Few mortals could stand against a killing saint, and this one decided not to rest. Upon the change of watch, all seemed normal, but the one watching the north gate didn't come back, and upon looking, both where found dead, with narry a peep from their mighty jaws, and but single cuts into their abdomen.
    Skill above the novice killing saint, creating panic beyond control of the most hidebound and courageous orc.
    The decision was unanimous, they wouldn't head further, they would travel, as hard as was safe, back to the lands of the beast. They couldn't kill a foe they couldn't find.
    The saint smirked from just out of sight and just in earshot, before disappearing.
    How quickly the panic spread.

---
    "And to what valley, a goddes?"
    "If you could make your own money and then give it to everybody
    Would you do it?
    If you knew all the answers and could give it to the masses
    Would you do it?
    No No No No No No Are you crazy?
    It's a very dangerous thing to do exactly what you want...
    Because you cannot know yourself or what you'd really do...
    With all your power
    With all your power
    With all your power
    What would you do?"
    Man's Desire

Spoiler
    Show
    Pretty much the second half of The Flaming Lip's "With All your power."

The priest didn't preach the whole scripture, and narry 8 minutes later, two men of some strength arived for Melany. And though they wouldn't dare lay hand on her in fear, she went quietly, her steps where quick, and she wore the mantle of the healer.
    She would need it.

---
    Of thing's connected.
    "Just because the butterfly on the other side of the world didn't start a huricane, doesn't mean we don't know it's there."

Kalandor on repercussions.

And it was in this moment, Kalandor knew of her and him, his final children, in a sense of wrongness. The wrinkles on his newly formed face growing deeper of a sudden, but he knew not why, and it slipped his mind. He needed to get to the City of Meetings.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Titan in the Playground

Bring on the Weird

A pink flamingo with a black mask over its eyes isn't something you see on an average day, even as a god. A pink flamingo with a black mask a snake tail? Even more so. So the fact that such a creature had just casually alighted amongst the other gods (with Jongo in tow, no less) might come a bit out of left field.

Ouran looked between each of the gods, his pink feathers and beak betraying nothing. Hello!
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Barbarian in the Playground

The wind screamed for him to cease; yet he did not.
    For when family is in danger, complaints of the air mean nothing.

His body tore through the air at speeds he had never before imagined. The howl in his ears was deafening to the point of pain, even for him. As the land careened past under his feet, he left small craters; the marks of his efforts.

Yet it wasn’t going to be enough.

Faster he went, until he left even the pain of the wind behind. The air around him ignited.

Were a man still standing upon the Northern wall of Salus, he would behold a shooting star, headed his way.

Frellon beheld at last, the city of his brother on the horizon. Joy that it still stood flooded him. Yet it was short lived, as he beheld the ravaged earth outside it. His servants had informed him of a barrier, yet the gates were clearly broken. Was the barrier also broken? His senses told him no, but how could this be? He called upon his magic and flipped in the air. As he collided with the barrier, he struck it feet first. Not wanting to shatter his legs, and feeling like announcing himself, he fed the energy of his flight and collision into the barrier as single pulse.

The barrier flared in response, yet it held strong. As the color dissipated, a single pulse rang out on both sides of the barrier. It was neither sound nor energy, but a fluctuation in reality. Mortals noticed nothing, their senses dull to it. Yet the gods would sense it, and know the magnitude of the collision it was borne of.

His momentum lost, Frellon tumbled from the great height where he had struck the barrier above the walls, and landed feet first just outside the gates to the city. Where he struck the ground, the earth broke, as if an object of great weight had landed there.

Sword drawn, his eyes roved warily across the gates and the cooling lava flows alike. Senses alert for danger, Frellon knocked on the invisible barrier in front of him with a powerful fist, while calling out:

“Haramhold! Is there a foe yet to battle, or have you won the day without me?”

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Ettin in the Playground

* Epilogue *
    Many years later...

We see the red and black swirling miasma of the Underworld around us as we move toward the Torment Engine. The twisted metal of the First Torment swings past us, carrying with it the shrieks of the damned. We move closer to the centre and the rainbow energy of the Second Torment crackles beneath us. The core draws nearer and as we clip the edge of the Third Torment we feel a tinge of sadness as we remember why we are here.

We are here to say goodbye.

The black void at the heart of the Engine looms before us and we push in to it. The darkness seems close in all around but we see something we have not seen before. A light. A moment or an eternity passes and we find ourselves within a palace. The rooms are made of white marble; the decorations sumptuous, yet restrained, as though two minds had argued for a while before reaching a compromise. We walk down a great corridor, lined with rooms for visitors and guests. It is a strangely welcoming place to find in the heart of darkness. The echo of our footsteps mingles with the sound of music coming from the room at the end of hall. We gently open the door and peer inside.

The hall is large and across the way from us, we see a balcony. A figure with long silver hair is framed by the window he gazes out of and beyond him lies a field of endless stars. It is a truly beautiful sight. The man appears lost in thought, reflecting perhaps on the things he has done. His mind turns to a race of golems, speaking with his brother in dreams and the last time he gazed out upon a field of stars. He chuckles as he thinks of Jongo.

A figure approaches behind him. Her long, jet black hair cascades over her shoulders and her pure white dress seems to glitter in the starlight. Her arms fold around him and the gentle swell of her belly presses against his back, carrying the promise of hope and joy. They do not say anything. They do not need to.

Do they live happily ever after? Not even Baz’Auran knows the answer to that question.

But for the moment, they are happy. And a moment can last forever.