New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Meta WW

1. - Top - End - #571
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Meta WW

Crap! I don't wanna be eaten by ponies!
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Ogre in the Playground

Can we respond to this?

-> Examine Painting

3. - Top - End - #573
    Titan in the Playground

Looks like we forgot to report Movement.

Meta moved to Mos Eisley
    Orion Loryl moved to Atlantis

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ogre in the Playground

>_
    >
    >_
    >
    >_
    >
    >Eat Ponies_
    Last edited by flabort; 2012-04-24 at 06:44 PM.
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ogre in the Playground

I think that I would like to drop out of this, I'm not having much fun doing it and is painfully slow. Sorry.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Titan in the Playground

I honestly don't even know how to reply to that. It's certainly insulting as all hell and I could say you get out of it what you put in I suppose. On the other hand, to each their own I guess? Anyone want to drop out of this game that took so much effort for us to make and a ton still to run? I could just call the whole thing off if it's too much effort for people to be bothered. Certainly not worth it on our end if people don't care.
    Any chance anyone knows someone who could replace him?

7. - Top - End - #577
    Dwarf in the Playground

*waves hand furiously*
    Ooh, ooh, Pick me!

That is, if the dead can rise again.
    Avatar by whatever Zjoot became.
    Will take suggested phrases in sig. PM with ideas
    Am I missed in my absence?

8. - Top - End - #578
    Titan in the Playground

Considering the amount of information every person in this game possesses, allowing anyone to replace anyone else isn't viable.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Halfling in the Playground

I like the game and the principle of it. My role's pretty slowish, tho, so I'm at a standstill-ish period of it. I'm for keeping it going and whipping the lazybugs into shape.
    My avatar is by Matthias. Thanks a lot <3

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I honestly don't even know how to reply to that. It's certainly insulting as all hell and I could say you get out of it what you put in I suppose. On the other hand, to each their own I guess? Anyone want to drop out of this game that took so much effort for us to make and a ton still to run? I could just call the whole thing off if it's too much effort for people to be bothered. Certainly not worth it on our end if people don't care.
    Any chance anyone knows someone who could replace him?
    I didn't intend to be insulting, you are right you do get out of it what you put into it and I didn't have enough time to put into it. I thought that leaving would be best because you wouldn't have to deal with me not paying much attention to it, someone else who would enjoy it would replace me, and I wouldn't have to continue doing something I'm not enjoying much.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm sorry to hear you aren't enjoying it, but I guess that's your choice.

I hear you when you say the game is slow, but I expected that when I signed up. I quite enjoy slower WW games, they actually give me time to figure out what's going on.

Ur-quan, I understand your role is slowish. Mine is only passively active, with no information gain, and so far no impact. Still, I am playing a good game, and have managed to collect enough items that I can do much, much more. Your role doesn't have to define how you play the game.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #582
    Titan in the Playground

Tom the Mime has replaced GnomeGninjas.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Titan in the Playground

Night 7 over.

14. - Top - End - #584

Default There isn't one in the title, either.

There is no secret message in this post. This isn't a secret message, but good thinking.
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: There isn't one in the title, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu the Masked LLama View Post
    There is no secret message in this post. Good guess, but nope, no secret here.
    I too have not posted a secret message.
    Last edited by Rogue Nine; 2012-04-30 at 11:35 AM.

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
    Jedi Master Corran Horn avatar by Vrythas

Top Narrations/Deaths featuring myself (in no particular order):
    1. Saved by the Konami code!
    2. Wait, I was an android?

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ogre in the Playground

The suit was crumpled up in a corner of the wagon, two animals pulling on the wagon, and the hand inert in the pile of clothes. Glowing runes covered the entire wagon, and a sizable sphere around it.
    ------
    Dawn broke, and the hand lifted into the air, the suit taking humanoid shape about it. It checked the wards, and was pleased that they were in place. It checked the animals... but they were gone. It checked the wagon, but it was empty. It looked under the wagon, but there was no sign of anything. It cast a far seeing magic eye down the path the wagon traveled, but there were no goods.
    But there were no explosion marks on the wagon, no corpses following obediently awaiting orders. Someone or something had gotten past the wards, without setting them off, and taken everything. What kind of monster...

((I will no longer be trading items. Sorry for the inconvenience, I will get you ))
    Last edited by flabort; 2012-04-30 at 11:52 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #587

Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    Ur-quan, I understand your role is slowish. Mine is only passively active, with no information gain, and so far no impact. Still, I am playing a good game, and have managed to collect enough items that I can do much, much more. Your role doesn't have to define how you play the game.
    I wanted to pickpocket you, by the way, but I had no gold. Someone stole all of mine. :((

Can't say you didn't bring it upon yourself, too.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ur-Quan View Post
    I wanted to pickpocket you, by the way, but I had no gold. Someone stole all of mine. :((

Can't say you didn't bring it upon yourself, too.
    Well, now we've both been stolen from. Wanna team up to take this B*****d down, and we split the loot? somewhat fairly?

Nah, the guy isn't a B*****d, just a werewolf player. Probably a good one, or at least one with more sense than me.
    Seriously, though, if I win an auction and get my stuff back, I would share the gold with you, plus possibly some other items.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #589

You've received a new ally, just now :3 <3

20. - Top - End - #590
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default But you won't like it

ThereTisHaEsecretGmessageAinMthisEpost. Nope, not here.
    Last edited by TBFProgrammer; 2012-04-30 at 01:32 PM. Reason: You just lost it ^^VV<><>BA
    The BareFoot Programmer

21. - Top - End - #591
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: There isn't one in the title, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Nine View Post
    I too have not posted a secret message.Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
    Clearly the message isn't in the post, but rather it is the post.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

If there weren't items steals that could be found, rather than bought, I'd consider forming a small consortium to buy up all the item steals and then safely run a shop. It probably wouldn't turn a profit if the item steals weren't used but it'd be a fun mini-goal (and it is meta after all).
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

23. - Top - End - #593

Night Seven:

Three men walked down the road from Sigil to Fuyuki one day. A wolf, a villager, and a neutral.

As they walked along, they came to a brightly coloured coffee shop. The Wolf, thirsty, walked quickly into the bar.

Glancing at each other, both the neutral and the villager grabbed the unconscious Istari and began dragging him towards the edge.

"And then they abandoned the three people in the bar joke." The irritated masked man commented, watching Istari fall into the darkness. "But now, a quick and interesting point. We now have a neutral and a villager! Nothing to balance them? Oh, I'll just have to fix that."

As the two people continued to walk down the road, having ignored the pony-filled coffee shop, they encountered first a scarecrow. But the poor person had been tied to a post, so the good duo went about untieing him. After freeing the poor scarecrow, they, surprisingly, found that he wanted to go to the same place as them.

To the wonderful wizard of Iz The Jabberwocky's lair. I don't know why. So off the Neutral, the Villager, and the Scarecrow went.

A while later, they came across an odd cottage. After quick investigation, they found that it was empty. Well, except three bowls of porridge on the table. One was hot. One was cold. And one was just about medium.

After eating their various bowls, the three decided they liked the odd cottage, and slept on the three beds laid out of them.

By the time they woke up, it was too late for the scarecrow. And it turns out, too late for Xanmyral the Neutral as well. Mama Pig, Papa Pig and Baby Pig, as well as their good friend, The Big Bad Wolf, didn't take kindly to unwelcome visitors.

The Villager, running in terror, vowed again that he'd kill all the wolves as the terrible images of his companions being eaten flashed through his mind. Though little did he realise that the scarecrow, Cd4, hadn't died. Because they found him rather untasty. All that they'd done was to lock him up in a cage.

Travelling yet further, the villager approached Fuyuki, and the Jabberwocky. But scarcely was he ready for the next occurance.

The whole road went dark suddenly, as Tasroth came to a halt. Then, a small screen appeared with the name 'Kira' on it.

A moment later, and a few sounds of something being written later, Tasroth fell to the ground, his heart failing as Kira willed it.

And that, children, is why you shouldn't talk to strangers on the Sigil to Fuyuki road.

Summery:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Xanmyral, aka Lucid Nocturnal, the Neutral, was eaten by bears.

Istari, aka Edward Teach, the Wolf, was dropped off the edge after trying the physically impossible task of walking into a bar.

Tasroth, aka Orion Loryl, the Villager, was killed by Kira.

Cd4, the Scarecrow, was just stopped from doing something.

24 spots in the thread today.

Auctions are for:
    Tasroth
    Xanmyral
    Istari

Player List
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]#|Name|Team|Alias|Died?
    01|Alarra|
    02|Atreyu the Masked LLama|
    03|billtodamax|
    04|BourgeoisJerry|
    05|Calamity|
    06|Castaras|
    07|cd4|
    08|Eldritch Knight|
    09|Flabort|
    10|Gray Mage|
    11|Lex-Kat|
    12|Oddity|
    13|Onime-no-Enishi|
    14|Penguinator|
    15|Rogue Nine|
    16|RuneboundShade|
    17|Saposhiente|
    18|super dark33|
    19|Szilard|
    20|The Grimmace|
    21|TinyMushroom|
    22|Ur-Quan|
    23|usourselves&we|
    24|Vesth|
    10|Tasroth|Villager|Orion Loryl|Night 7
    09|Istari|Wolf|Edward Teach|Night 7
    08|Xanmyral|Neutral|Lucid Nocturnal|Night 7
    07|Grue Bait|Neutral|Un-Deadpool|Day 6
    06|Supagoof|Wolf|Archer Sterling|Day 5
    05|Matthias2207|Villager|Eldritch Knight|Day 4
    04|TBFProgrammer|Neutral|Alden Church|Night 3
    03|Murska|Neutral|Tom Lawnsby|Day 2
    02|Fleeing Coward|Villager|Amanda Huggenkiss|Day 2
    01|C'nor|Neutral|Kiran Mondgesegnet|Day 1
    [/table]

Day Eight Begins
    And ends in about 72 hours.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

24. - Top - End - #594
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Spot 1 and 2.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

25. - Top - End - #595
    Titan in the Playground

*sigh* Well at least almost nobody has posted yet.
    Whether from blood seeping through the cobblestone or just enough meta humor a lock opens. All throughout the thread can be heard the sound of gears upon other gears described by a much better narrator than myself, as the ground cracks open and reveals the entrance to a cave. Those who peer inside (probably because they had nothing better to be doing over the last day or so) see a large gear-shaped thing rotate with a mechanical whine, when it's completed 2.5 rotations it pops out with an impressive clang and a moment later, almost as an afterthought, a series of small explosions and fireworks go off, then halt as if waiting for some cue. Half a minute goes by and the door-gear suddenly slams into the eastern wall, completely breaking off of whatever it was attached to. A couple robots (one of them is just basically a robotic eyeball on a rail, how strange) pop out of the walls and quickly re-attach it. The one on the rail slides down near you woeful onlookers and beckons you enter, "The cake is-" it receives a jolt of electricity and twitches (I said beckons dangit!), "Welcome to Dis-" bbbzzaart, the sound of another shock. "You crazy kids, come explore the wonderful non-lethal-I-swear-on-my-mother's-grave Vault, filled with completely-worth-it-treasure, for fame, glory, and some other stupid human suicidal tendencies." As soon as the line is delivered it races back along its rail and vanishes into the wall, leaving you alone (aside from everyone else standing around still going "oooh fireworks!") to contemplate your next course of action.

Officialness Spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Vault
    Each Day phase a group of people may choose to forgo searching the thread and may instead enter the Vault. This is done by stating they do so in purple followed by the number they are on the list to enter. There they will face challenges and compete with each other for treasures lost and unknown. These challenges will use the same stats used in the lynch contest but, in a variety of ways. Any person who entered the Vault the previous day is barred from entering the next. The Vault is ever changing and as such the number who many enter, the challenges, and the rewards will be different each Day.

A sign pops down from the ceiling with a wooden twang (despite it clearly being metal and plastic). It reads (probably in some crazy false-ancient style font):
    Abandon all hope ye four who can enter today, the rest of you please come back another time to try your luck!
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2012-05-01 at 12:51 PM.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ogre in the Playground

1 guile, 1 puns on Tasroth
    1 Role Playing, 1 puns on Xanmyral
    3 gold on Istari

Spot 13
    Castaras, for having a mule - You totally were the thief.

Having won so many auctions, I don't think the vault will be safe for me. Very dangerous.
    Last edited by flabort; 2012-05-02 at 09:27 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #597
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

I'll point at Saposhiente, toss a couple gold on Tasroth, and enter the vault? and I think I'm the 1st person to go in there?

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Troll in the Playground

Spot 4

And I'll vote for Eldritch Knight.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2012-05-01 at 04:26 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

29. - Top - End - #599
    Titan in the Playground

Lex, that isn't a person who's playing anymore.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Troll in the Playground

But... he's listed on the player's list. I'll vote for cd4 then.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody