New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Meta WW

1. - Top - End - #751
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Meta WW

I've also decided that, because of having special knowledge, my ghost-shattering laser vote will go towards billtodamax.
    My avatar is by Matthias. Thanks a lot <3

2. - Top - End - #752
    Barbarian in the Playground

The idea was that someone on a team of mine would suggest a challenge >.>
    Logic!

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Troll in the Playground

I'll search spot 5 then for Sapo.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

What are the implications of ghosts entering the vault/searching? Can their incorporeal forms find (and then use) items and gold or are they just blocking spots.

As for poems, it's not anywhere near Penguinator or Supagoof's level but:

There once was a young man from Dover,
    Who wished on a bright supernova,
    He wished that his mark,
    That fiend Superdark
    Would find that his life was now over.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

I'll point at Atreyu and search spot 11 and apologize for being so inactive, the past couple weeks have been crazy. I'm going to be out of town all next week, not sure what my internet access will be like. Please don't autolynch me.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

6. - Top - End - #756

Oh, and another thing:
    Ur-Quan: We're players. And that means we have votes you can't block. But it won't have to come to that, since you'll just not vote at all, right?
    Brb, PMing certain people that aren't in the game...
    Hahaha, STRIKE ME DOWN AND I'LL BECOME MORE POWERLOOPHOLEFUL THAN YOU COULD EVER IMAGINE!
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2012-05-31 at 07:41 PM.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Titan in the Playground

Sapo, cut it out. You know the rules explicitly say you can't do that.
    Edit: In fact, you don't get your ghost vote for the day as a penalty for intentionally trying to push things too far.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2012-05-31 at 08:40 PM.

8. - Top - End - #758

Each Day phase everyone votes in red for one player to face the baleful gaze of the Daystar dreaded Lynch. The two players with the most votes will compete in a contest that represents the battle to win that day's lynch. Ties are resolved randomly. Each player will have values we'll call Strengths of Play (unless someone comes up with a better name). Each value will be between 1-10. The loser of the lynch dies (probably). The winner lives and gets to choose which Strength of Play the next day's contest will be using. They cannot pick the same Strength of Play as the previous day's contest.
    Each Day phase everyone votes in red for one player
    everyone votes
    I don't think so, Ramsus. This is perfectly clear.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2012-05-31 at 09:45 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #759
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    I don't think so, Ramsus. This is perfectly clear.
    I dunno, Sapo, this seems to be going against the spirit of the game, if not the explicit rules...
    Avatar by whatever Zjoot became.
    Will take suggested phrases in sig. PM with ideas
    Am I missed in my absence?

10. - Top - End - #760

I'm going to allow Ramsus to respond. If he talks with bladescape and finds it to be a terrible thing for balance and they're desperate to change it, they can change the rules or introduce an event to nullify it. Without that, the rules are what the rules are.
    This is what precise language is for, people.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2012-05-31 at 10:01 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #761
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

@Rules Debate:

Spoiler
    Show
    Actually, given as we have someone who can serve in a position of judgement, a certain degree of leeway can be allowed, subject to a narrator's discretion. This provides for an easier process in creating new games, which leads to more games being generated.

In certain cases timing can be essential, leading to a problem that has to be fixed in hindsight. However, most of the time a player has the luxury to question whether a certain action that appears to stretch the spirit of the rules is permissible. This is frequently the case because there is usually some time spent weighing the feasibility and wisdom of such an action before it is committed.

Remember, this is the narrator's game and the rules are laid out in an attempt to convey their intent for how the game is to be played. Clarification or even rule changes later in the game (if something is truly broken) can and do occur from time to time on this forum.

If Ramsus says it is not permitted in this game, it isn't permitted.
    The BareFoot Programmer

12. - Top - End - #762

In any case, if you're going to change the rules (bladescape has concurred in my QT because he can't login to GITP atm), Ramsus, then I shouldn't be punished for reading.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #763
    Troll in the Playground

I'll take the 6th vault spot. And join Mister Llama in killing Billtodamax.

Bad Mime!! Don't hurt my Llama!
    *Smacks the mime*

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

14. - Top - End - #764
    Titan in the Playground

Sapo, you have a QT for a reason and you could have just asked. Also, your attitude as if you get to dictate to me how my own game functions is really aggravating. You were in fact already warned a few times to stop acting this way, that's why you're receiving (an incredibly minor) punishment. Narrator =/= lawyer. You can't expect the wording of any game, especially not one this complicated, to be perfect. The intention of how the rules are meant to work was clear to everyone besides yourself and those who didn't find them clear/looking for loopholes were at least polite enough to ask. You're in fact the only person I've seen when confronted with a narrator making a statement decided that what their next move should be is to argue with the decision and make demands of what they should do. I'm seriously barely restraining myself from just kicking you out of the game but, this place is generally such a nice and non-hostile environment I wouldn't want to start any such behavior. Please, please just stop acting this way. I'm not very inclined to have to ask you again.

(Oh, and don't even try a line like "I was just doing it to force you to make the rules more clear" because, again, you have a QT and could have just pointed such out and made suggestions. That is not what you chose to do.)
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2012-05-31 at 11:38 PM.

15. - Top - End - #765

Your punishment is unnecessary and unjust. It constitutes an unfair narrator bias.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #766
    Pixie in the Playground

Both of you knock it off; I saw this play out in Revival already and I don't have any more popcorn.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

17. - Top - End - #767
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Troll Patrol: Fact: Structured Games are called that for a reason. In this particular subforum, posters are allowed to participate in a given game only with the narrator's permission.

In most cases, that permission is given during the sign up phase. Unless otherwise specified by the narrator, posters participating in the game without the full knowledge and consent of the narrator are not allowed. Posters doing so will be politely asked to leave the game thread. If they don't leave, they risk getting a warning or infraction. Posters instigating misbehavior might find themselves on the wrong end of moderator scrutiny as well.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

18. - Top - End - #768
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    I'll take the 6th vault spot. And join Mister Llama in killing Billtodamax.

Bad Mime!! Don't hurt my Llama!
    *Smacks the mime*
    Ow! Stop hitting me! You've got the wrong mime. He's over there. *points*

19. - Top - End - #769
    Titan in the Playground

*notes down Zeb voting for someone with an extremely long name*

{Scrubbed}
    Last edited by Zeb The Troll; 2012-06-01 at 09:06 AM.

20. - Top - End - #770

Zeb was talking about recruiting people from other threads, not about this thing, Ramsus. And in any case, reality is not decided by popular vote, no matter how much the alchemists wanted there to be a way to turn lead into gold.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #771
    Titan in the Playground

Er, I have no idea what your first comment even means and as for your second, I specifically said I wasn't opening up a political discussion. Just leaving the link there. You can ignore it or not. You're not obligated to inform me (and not suggested to either) one way or the other.

Edit: Seriously, I suggest you remove your comment as it's pretty much explicitly against forum rules as I pointed out.

Edit 2: And I'm just ignoring your earlier comment about narrator bias because I don't care about your opinion. Note: This is totally not in any way I assure you a subtle response to your political opinion.

Edit 3: I care about everyone else's opinions though. Don't worry, I still love you guys.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2012-06-01 at 01:34 AM.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

*Bang*

"Would you please quiet down? All this arguing is making it impossible for me to track my thankfully flightless prey!"

Jerry angrily reloads his rifle and begins to seriously consider pointing it at Saposhiente, but then a sudden realization strikes him.

"One down, two to go. But haven't I seen a flightless bird around here? Yes! I have! Several in fact."

Jerry trains his sights on that Penguinator fellow who seems suspiciously averse to silence.
    Last edited by BourgeoisJerry; 2012-06-01 at 01:36 AM.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    In any case, if you're going to change the rules (bladescape has concurred in my QT because he can't login to GITP atm), Ramsus, then I shouldn't be punished for reading.
    I would appreciate it if my comments were not taken out of context. My comments were that the Narrator ruling was that Ghosts cannot vote in Red. You mentioned whether we might disallow it or whatever, and so I clarified that, no, Ghosts would not.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

24. - Top - End - #774
    Troll in the Playground

I suggest everyone take a calm breath and think about whether this is worth arguing about. I really doubt Sapo actually thought while posting that vote that it would eventually be allowed, rules-lawyering is just a fun thing to do as a joke sometimes, and the narrator will clear things up. Ramsus, your attitude is not very reconciliatory which leads to certain kind of people to just stick stronger to their guns because they feel they are being treated unfairly harshly, even though this is not your intention.

And please do keep everything unrelated out of it, such as political opinions and whatnot, at least.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll put 2 Randomness, 1 Puns, and 1 Guile on Flabort, since, if I recall correctly, the ruling made last time I tried to bid in an auction was that votes weren't valid bids, not that Ghosts can't bid.

Also, Atreyu, you need to post in the Temple of Inari.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    I'll put 2 Randomness, 1 Puns, and 1 Guile on Flabort, since, if I recall correctly, the ruling made last time I tried to bid in an auction was that votes weren't valid bids, not that Ghosts can't bid.

Isn't that a worthless bid given that ghosts have no use for any of the stats given they're already dead and can't be lynched again?
    I guess I'll bid 2 gold on sapo as well.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Troll in the Playground

They could still be useful for someone else, you know.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #778
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    They could still be useful for someone else, you know.
    Yes but someone else doesn't get them if C'nor wins the bid - his stats just get lowered (which, as I said, doesn't really change anything). As far as the stats being useful to someone else, I'm fairly sure you can't trade stats to other people (I checked a while ago). Otherwise it would just get silly with people min-maxing to start with then pumping up their stats by trading with the friendly neighbourhood ghosts.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    But...but...the thread says that I was the last person to post on 4-30-12??

Also, on the prank, its something I'd have tried to do a few years ago.

Also also, you ghosts are about to go make me get a Poltergust 3000.

inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

30. - Top - End - #780

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Er, I have no idea what your first comment even means and as for your second, I specifically said I wasn't opening up a political discussion. Just leaving the link there. You can ignore it or not. You're not obligated to inform me (and not suggested to either) one way or the other.

Edit: Seriously, I suggest you remove your comment as it's pretty much explicitly against forum rules as I pointed out.

Edit 2: And I'm just ignoring your earlier comment about narrator bias because I don't care about your opinion. Note: This is totally not in any way I assure you a subtle response to your political opinion.

Edit 3: I care about everyone else's opinions though. Don't worry, I still love you guys.
    Zeb is not saying that he agrees with you; he's saying that I shouldn't bring people who aren't in the game into this. I haven't talked about your politics. I was saying that your argument of "oh these people agree with me" is meaningless.
    It is against no forum rules. Go ahead and report it and see nothing happen.
    Not caring about my opinions doesn't change any facts, and I wasn't saying anything about your politics.
    Continued evidence of favoritism. Would you like me to randomly punish you in my games when I felt annoyed? Heck, I could lynch you right now in Revival and there'd be nothing you could do about it.
    And I'm not going to take this to QTs because then you're free to flame me as much as you want like last time and I'll have none of it.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2012-06-01 at 11:12 AM.

Spoiler
    Show