New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Meta WW

1. - Top - End - #781
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Meta WW

There was no narrator bias there and I suggest you kindly get away from the thread, Saposhiente, if you think you can rules lawyer against a narrated game. It doesn't work like that.
    My avatar is by Matthias. Thanks a lot <3

2. - Top - End - #782
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm not saying that he should allow it (just change the rules), but that my ghost vote should not be removed "as punishment".

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Titan in the Playground

As people (several at this point) have asked us to stop arguing in public (and I have asked you as well) and I have already given you a warning as to the consequences of your continued disruptive behavior, I sadly am going to have to ask you to leave the game. Or at least that's what I would be doing if I wasn't afraid you would just carry over your behavior and cause problems in other games (and it would just be awkward if Meta was resulting in problems for other games, that's just backwards). Feel free to continue playing but, for hell's sake just shut up if your pride doesn't allow you to discuss your issues with me privately. I'm not going to respond further to anything you say that doesn't directly relate to actions you're taking in the game that you post in the thread.

(And this was supposed to be a funny game, not a serious melodrama affair. )

4. - Top - End - #784
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default This post contains truthiness.

I wasn't goign to do this in the thread, BUT we need a distraction so I'm going to reveal exactly why I'm after Bill's Head. My apologies to Tom for getting caught in the cross-fire, but my thanks to Lex-Kat for sticking up for me.

As you know, Billtodamax selected Custom WWII. The Randomness of Ramsus gave him the narrator role. Its a pretty clever idea if you ask me.

Bill told us his win condition was to "simplify the game" by killing players who choose more elaborate WW games to represent. He didn't tell us which ones in particular were on his list, though.

However, we (I won't reveal my partner at this time) just learned that Bill's win condition is to kill everyone who has ever narrated more than one Werewolf Style game.

Since I've narrated 5 pirates, 2 Convoy's and a few others...well.....Bill's going down and since many of you have narrated more than 2 games, I think its in your best interest to help me out here.
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    I'm not saying that he should allow it (just change the rules), but that my ghost vote should not be removed "as punishment".
    I think this hits the crux of the matter. Sapo's original message sounds to me like he was joking while pointing out a slight wording thingy in the rules that could be clarified because why not. Ramsus's response sounds to me like he had been seeing the Ghosts, and Sapo in particular, already push the limits of what they were supposed to do and thought that this one was meant seriously to use a loophole as a way to negate the entire point of being a ghost, which would ruin the game. So he responded as though the entire chain of rules-lawyering ghost-y business culminated here and wanted to put a stop to it and so imposed a penalty, while Sapo felt as though his harmless joke had suddenly resulted in the narrator singling him out and punishing him for a minor offense.

After this, both sides presented their sides of the argument in a confrontative manner and after that happens nobody even wants to give an inch, like Sapo agreeing that his original rules-lawyering was wrong or Ramsus agreeing that his punishment isn't really necessary.

Try and step out of the situation and think about if it's really worth an argument. Either side giving in would just result in either Sapo having or not having a ghost vote, which is not really a big deal, and the one to see reason first being seen as the one to resolve the situation, which gives social cred and makes everyone happier. A good trade!

Just my opinion, as usual.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

6. - Top - End - #786
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Default Re: This post contains truthiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu the Masked LLama View Post
    I wasn't goign to do this in the thread, BUT we need a distraction so I'm going to reveal exactly why I'm after Bill's Head. My apologies to Tom for getting caught in the cross-fire, but my thanks to Lex-Kat for sticking up for me.

As you know, Billtodamax selected Custom WWII. The Randomness of Ramsus gave him the narrator role. Its a pretty clever idea if you ask me.

Bill told us his win condition was to "simplify the game" by killing players who choose more elaborate WW games to represent. He didn't tell us which ones in particular were on his list, though.

However, we (I won't reveal my partner at this time) just learned that Bill's win condition is to kill everyone who has ever narrated more than one Werewolf Style game.

Since I've narrated 5 pirates, 2 Convoy's and a few others...well.....Bill's going down and since many of you have narrated more than 2 games, I think its in your best interest to help me out here.
    Seems sensible to me then. I think I've done Alien Invasion and... possibly another? Billtodamax.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

7. - Top - End - #787
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I think this hits the crux of the matter. Sapo's original message sounds to me like he was joking while pointing out a slight wording thingy in the rules that could be clarified because why not. Ramsus's response sounds to me like he had been seeing the Ghosts, and Sapo in particular, already push the limits of what they were supposed to do and thought that this one was meant seriously to use a loophole as a way to negate the entire point of being a ghost, which would ruin the game. So he responded as though the entire chain of rules-lawyering ghost-y business culminated here and wanted to put a stop to it and so imposed a penalty, while Sapo felt as though his harmless joke had suddenly resulted in the narrator singling him out and punishing him for a minor offense.

After this, both sides presented their sides of the argument in a confrontative manner and after that happens nobody even wants to give an inch, like Sapo agreeing that his original rules-lawyering was wrong or Ramsus agreeing that his punishment isn't really necessary.

Try and step out of the situation and think about if it's really worth an argument. Either side giving in would just result in either Sapo having or not having a ghost vote, which is not really a big deal, and the one to see reason first being seen as the one to resolve the situation, which gives social cred and makes everyone happier. A good trade!

Just my opinion, as usual.
    Yeah, but Ramsus already gave in.
    My avatar is by Matthias. Thanks a lot <3

8. - Top - End - #788
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ur-Quan View Post
    Yeah, but Ramsus already gave in.
    I suppose. It doesn't sound very reconciliatory, though.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Ogre in the Playground

I apparently missed a poopload...

Penguinator?
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

10. - Top - End - #790

I... I never said any of that. My role is a role that confuses people's abilities to use their powers, and I'm barely using it because I'm on town's side and I'd just hit a friendly. None of what Atreyu said is true.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

11. - Top - End - #791

Default Isn't this more fun than a rules arguement?

That role sounds incredibly mundane for a game like this. I don't think anyone will fall for that web of lies unless you coated your web of lies in a grease spell, then someone would probably slip and fall on your web, but really, what's the point of having a slippery web. Webs are supposed to be sticky. See, I've caught you in yet another contradiction.
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #792
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Uh... uh... (is known for running two games at once) billtodamax.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

13. - Top - End - #793

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Stuff
    I don't care about the vote as much as I care about the principle of the narrator taking away *anything* without game reasons. Giving in would set a terrible precedent.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

14. - Top - End - #794
    Dwarf in the Playground

H3Y! stop flappin' your gums and shooting your guns, Honestly BourgeoisJerry hunters need to be quiet, not running around like a madman.
    random-ish point can't think right now.
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

15. - Top - End - #795
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: This post contains truthiness.

I'm curious as to how this would work for replacements.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

16. - Top - End - #796

D:

You guys keep voting for me but Atreyu is lying! I just wanna wipe out the wolves. So why would Atreyu want me dead? Logically, he must be a wolf.

You can't argue with that logic, Llama.

Show

17. - Top - End - #797
    Troll in the Playground

Saposhiente, he is the Narrator. That in itself is good enough reason to say that your vote doesn't count, since it is in red, and not the ghostly blue.

You know you are trying to rules lawyer, and intentionally going against the intent of that rule, just to make a point. In essence, you are being a troll. And not a good troll like our Mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb The Troll View Post
    Troll Patrol: Fact: Structured Games are called that for a reason. In this particular subforum, posters are allowed to participate in a given game only with the narrator's permission.

In most cases, that permission is given during the sign up phase. Unless otherwise specified by the narrator, posters participating in the game without the full knowledge and consent of the narrator are not allowed. Posters doing so will be politely asked to leave the game thread. If they don't leave, they risk getting a warning or infraction. Posters instigating misbehavior might find themselves on the wrong end of moderator scrutiny as well.
    You didn't read what Zeb said correctly. Let me explain it better. You are being allowed to play this game by the Narrator's Permission. This permission can be withdrawn, if a player becomes unruly.

He obviously was not talking about someone from outside the game playing, as that is not what the discussion has been about.

I'm sure Zeb will let me know, if I'm wrong in my interpretation.

The reality is, you are disrupting this game, over something you know is wrong. I suggest you stop.

Consider this a note that you are not welcome to any of my future games. Thank you.
    Lex-Kat

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

18. - Top - End - #798
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Actually, Zeb was talking about people that are not signed up for the game 'playing', as that's what Sapo was trying to make happen at the time. However, Ramsus is also completely in his right to not allow someone to remain in their game if they are 'becoming unruly', as you say.

Also, I'm 90% certain that everything llama says is a lie.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

19. - Top - End - #799

Quote Originally Posted by Alarra View Post
    *Blah Drama Snip*
    I'm 100% sure everything Llama says is a lie.

Show

20. - Top - End - #800
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

I'm completely sure 90% of what the Llama says is a lie.
    The BareFoot Programmer

21. - Top - End - #801

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    D:

You guys keep voting for me but Atreyu is lying! I just wanna wipe out the wolves. So why would Atreyu want me dead? Logically, he must be a wolf.

You can't argue with that logic, Llama.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa. This started with you pointing at me "randomly."

Quote Originally Posted by Alarra View Post

Quote Originally Posted by TBFProgrammer View Post
    I'm completely sure 90% of what the Llama says is a lie.
    Its about 84% actually. I do tell the truth in the Compliment the Person Above You thread, though!!
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #802
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm pretty sure that Atreyu isn't on any of my many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many teams, correct me if I'm wrong.
    Last edited by RuneboundShade; 2012-06-02 at 11:15 AM.
    And with each passing moment the mystery will become more tantalizing. Your imagination will inflame, but so will your frustration. Never knowing, only guessing, what could possibly be inside that box.

23. - Top - End - #803

1 point of Puns on myself, since ability points have been worth more than 3 gold in the past.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #804
    Pixie in the Playground

I have no idea who to lynch, so I won't do anything this turn!

(I'm still in this, aren't I? I haven't been keeping track...)

25. - Top - End - #805
    Titan in the Playground

Day 11 over.

Yes, you're still in.

26. - Top - End - #806

Day Eleven:

Jerry stumbled out of the ghost bar, his 7-piece suit wrinkled from the day's activities. Something wasn't right. Jerry hadn't felt like himself for some days now, but this was more than that. Something was wrong.

Had he been cursed? Maybe that was it. Maybe flabort had seen Jerry consorting with his ghostly allies and realized that Jerry was the mysterious X. Or maybe Jerry's so-called allies had turned against him. Perhaps Jerry was simply feeling ill because a part of him had recently died. Or perhaps it was just starting to set in that Jerry was unlikely to ever leave this world.

This can't be right, thought Jerry. It must be a dream. A hallucination. A fantasy. In a few moments, I'll awake in my bed. In my car. In the asylum. Somewhere.

As Jerry was pondering, a white rabbit caught his attention. Not a white rabbit. The white rabbit. The same one from his childhood, wearing that same waistcoat and carrying the same pocket watch. Off dashed the rabbit, and off ran Jerry in pursuit.

Where the rabbit would lead him, he knew not. Jerry had nearly lost his head the last time he chased this rabbit, and he had completely lost his sanity. However, as mad he may have become, there had always been a smile on his face.

Jerry was disappointed when he realized where the rabbit was leading him. It was his apartment in R'lyeh, and while the architecture of R'lyeh was indeed bizarre, Jerry had quite hoped that he would find himself in a world colored by a rather different flavor of madness.

Still, into the apartment he strode, and there in the center he discovered something strange. Three looking glasses stood there, all facing each other.

Jerry imagined that through each of the looking glasses was another world. A better world. A world Jerry would gladly lose himself in.

Unfortunately, the only thing Jerry lost was his head.

A party of six brave adventurer's (though two of them don't have much to be afraid of) venture forth into the Vault. They look upon the cavernous walls and perhaps some of them think they are vaguely familiar. The others just think they look oddly pixelated. Suddenly Zeb the Troll randomly appears! Some battle music cues up. He looks around, clearly confused. He takes a step forward and there is a soft click followed by a flash and a puff of smoke. When the smoke clears Zeb is glowing red (literally) in murderous rage!

cd4, Saposhiente, and TBFProgrammer try to reason with Zeb and calm him down while Billtodamax, Ur-Quan, and Tom the Mime cleverly step into the back row. Tom smartly takes it a step further an Escapes. Zeb one hit KO's TBFProgrammer sending him flying and in a blazing fast flurry of movement swings his cane at cd4 (who dodges) and Saposhiente (who doesn't and becomes dazed as he receives an unfortunate blow to the head).

Knowing they won't last another round Billtodamax, Ur-Quan, and cd4 all use their strongest attacks. Cd4 throws a block of C4!...which doesn't explode. Bill mimes c4's action. Which results in a very minor explosion somehow. Ur-Quan signals for an alien ship...which then abducts Zeb. Ur-Quan having provided the most to the fight gets awarded the rare item. Billtodamax, cd4, and Saposhiente all roll dice to see how the rest of the loot is split. Saposhiente, still dazed forgets to roll one of his dice. Biltodamax outrolls cd4 and walks away with a moderate sum.

Done with dividing up the loot, they continue on their way only to come to a dead end. Unsatisfied and confused but, lacking any other options they leave.

Summery:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Penguinator and BourgeoisJerry challenge each other at Logic.

Penguinator wins. BourgeoisJerry dies.

Penguinator wins Flabort's auction, Tom wins Sapo's.

(Apologies for the ... average narration.)

Movement:
    The Queen of Memnoch to Saffron
    The Lady to R'lyeh
    Rincewind to Mos Eisley
    Aragorn to Atlantis

Hasn't moved in three days report:

R'lyeh:
    Fats McGee
    Noel Kreiss

Atlantis:
    Cabbage Corleone
    Phage Ramett
    Cheshire Black
    'Checkmate' Cedric
    Szilard
    Adler

Mos Eisley:
    Darth Rogan
    Sir Maston
    Michaletto Gummybears

Saffron:
    Zamorak Twinglare
    The Forbidden Boar of Shinies
    Bladezz

Fuyuki:
    Longbranch Pennywhistle
    Betty Beaux
    Leo

Player List
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]#|Name|Team|Alias|Died?
    01|Alarra|
    02|Atreyu the Masked LLama|
    03|billtodamax|
    04|Calamity|
    05|Castaras|
    06|cd4|
    07|Eldritch Knight Tom the Mime|
    08|Gray Mage|
    09|Lex-Kat|
    10|Oddity CeresianMomento|
    11|Onime-no-Enishi|
    12|Penguinator|
    13|RuneboundShade|
    14|super dark33|
    15|Szilard|
    16|The Grimmace|
    17|TinyMushroom|
    18|Ur-Quan|
    19|usourselves&we|
    20|Vesth|
    14|BourgeoisJerry|Neutral|Floor Master|Day 11
    13|Saposhiente|Wolf|Meta|Day 10
    12|Flabort|Villager|The Cheshire Cat|Day 10
    11|Rogue Nine|Unaligned|Professor Higsworth|Night 8
    10|Tasroth|Villager|Orion Loryl|Night 7
    09|Istari|Wolf|Edward Teach|Night 7
    08|Xanmyral|Neutral|Lucid Nocturnal|Night 7
    07|Grue Bait|Neutral|Un-Deadpool|Day 6
    06|Supagoof|Wolf|Archer Sterling|Day 5
    05|Matthias2207|Villager|Eldritch Knight|Day 4
    04|TBFProgrammer|Neutral|Alden Church|Night 3
    03|Murska|Neutral|Tom Lawnsby|Day 2
    02|Fleeing Coward|Villager|Amanda Huggenkiss|Day 2
    01|C'nor|Neutral|Kiran Mondgesegnet|Day 1
    [/table]

Night Eleven Begins
    And ends in about 72 hours.
    Last edited by bladescape; 2012-06-07 at 12:31 PM.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

27. - Top - End - #807
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I thought you were going to post the death narration I wrote. You and Ramsus both seemed okay with it, and you don't seem too impressed with the narration you came up with.

Oh well, I guess I'll post it myself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Jerry stumbled out of the ghost bar, his 7-piece suit wrinkled from the day's activities. Something wasn't right. Jerry hadn't felt like himself for some days now, but this was more than that. Something was wrong.

Had he been cursed? Maybe that was it. Maybe flabort had seen Jerry consorting with his ghostly allies and realized that Jerry was the mysterious X. Or maybe Jerry's so-called allies had turned against him. Perhaps Jerry was simply feeling ill because a part of him had recently died. Or perhaps it was just starting to set in that Jerry was unlikely to ever leave this world.

This can't be right, thought Jerry. It must be a dream. A hallucination. A fantasy. In a few moments, I'll awake in my bed. In my car. In the asylum. Somewhere.

As Jerry was pondering, a white rabbit caught his attention. Not a white rabbit. The white rabbit. The same one from his childhood, wearing that same waistcoat and carrying the same pocket watch. Off dashed the rabbit, and off ran Jerry in pursuit.

Where the rabbit would lead him, he knew not. Jerry had nearly lost his head the last time he chased this rabbit, and he had completely lost his sanity. However, as mad he may have become, there had always been a smile on his face.

Jerry was disappointed when he realized where the rabbit was leading him. It was his apartment in R'lyeh, and while the architecture of R'lyeh was indeed bizarre, Jerry had quite hoped that he would find himself in a world colored by a rather different flavor of madness.

Still, into the apartment he strode, and there in the center he discovered something strange. Three looking glasses stood there, all facing each other.

Jerry imagined that through each of the looking glasses was another world. A better world. A world Jerry would gladly lose himself in.

Unfortunately, the only thing Jerry lost was his head.

28. - Top - End - #808

Whoops, sorry BJ, I meant to. I was too tired at the time.

When I get home tonight, I'll put that in the main narration.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

29. - Top - End - #809
    Titan in the Playground

Night 11 over.

Edit: Saposhiente has been removed from the game.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2012-06-08 at 07:08 PM.

30. - Top - End - #810
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

The creepy thing is, I was dressed as The Walrus from "The Walrus and The Carpenter" the night that was posted.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.