New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OOC 29: Since When Have Titles Been All That Important, Anyway?

Ayup. Cancer, growing redundant organs, rapid-aging. Healing is some seriously dangerous crud, especially when you involve uncontrolled, not really understood magic. And no, neither Riv nor Prometheus can cure those... Well, not without killing the patient.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OOC 29: Since When Have Titles Been All That Important, Anyway?

Okay, TE, I'm going to put it bluntly. So much I've seen in this fight has lead me to believe that you, the player, are trying to win this fight. You're blatantly pulling out a solution to all Prommy's problems that stretch any reasonable boundaries at this point. Everyone else involved has been reasonable with how their PCs are effected by their opponents, and have been reasonably harmed. You on the other hand have let so little happen to Prommy that had any real consequences on the fight. I had some hope that you'd be reasonable when Prometheus had been nearly killed, but as soon as it was clear that he and Gordon hadn't won you heal him out of nowhere.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ogre in the Playground

There's been less infighting because AMEN's been dying as far as I can personally tell. I'm curious as to what you mean AMEN's got done lately. If you're referring to Erin's, that's you being so OverPowered that no one wants do what it takes to beat you in combat. I know several people pissed at you because your NPCs are so much better than their PCs. And honestly, all the excuses in the world that you can come up with for this does not change the fact that it's OverPowered when NPCs can wipe the floor with PCs.

The attempt on Vasquez's life is the only thing I can recall in recent history that was done by AMEN. And that wasn't even. It was done by Magtok supporters and failed. Feel free to correct me if you can come up with something AMEN's done though.

I know I'm pissed at you for lying to me from the get-go of this fight in order to get in on it when you knew I didn't want you in on it. Telling me that Prom was quite injured and not bringing his best weapons and you would do your best to avoid OOC drama. Rather, instead of try to come up with the most interesting story, you seem entirely focused on pulling out the biggest, most ludicrous things you can think of to win, to the extent of metagaming and disruptively interrupting.

You might recall something I said a while back about learning something from this fight. Even though no one asked what it was, I'll say it anyways.

I learned what it must be like to have fought Calublufiok.

See, before this I didn't fully understand where the heck the drama was coming from with him. Sure he was a smug bastard and nothing affected him, but that was the appeal, right? For the heroes to fight to overcome insurmountable odds before he destroys the world!

Turns out the people fighting him weren't having any fun. I couldn't figure out. For years, I really couldn't. I'd like to say I wasn't that bad, but I can't with any certainty. For those who suffered during those times I apologize.

But now I know. Every time your turn comes around, I honestly and truly dread what you're going to post. I actually feel stress just thinking about what you're going to do next. I don't enjoy having to come up with increasingly difficult reactions to increasingly ludicrous situations. I outright hate it. And I can guarantee you that unless things change I will never wish to interact with your characters in this manner ever again. Possibly any manner just to avoid what seems to be a highly likely outcome with you when it comes to Excelsior. Really, Excelsior should just go and be it's own evil group instead of trying to infiltrate others.

Short story, my next post is probably going to be quite literally
    Ilpholin regenerates, though is slowed down by the lightning, before continuing her fight against Prometheus and Gordon.
    At which point I'm going to let the people Outside the Dome continue their argument until a victor is decided there. Because I can honestly say that I cannot make any posts cool enough or interesting enough to make it worth continuing to deal with Prometheus.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-02-12 at 11:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ogre in the Playground

Eep... Well, in my opinion, the fight is somewhat epic. Though....It might be a little frustrating for Reinholt...Perhaps Prometheus might have an epic death and legacy. Buuut. He's not my character. So I hope that my brief advice was helpful. I think the fight ending with some amazing deaths would be a pretty great ending of these (I'm guessing) very old and powerful characters. Sorry if I'm not being helpful.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hello there, Noodle.

Anyway, just to make sure, you said that Marty was in one of the bars or somesuch? Or have they left already?

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ogre in the Playground

They're in the middle of combat. Now would be a good time to interfere before bad things happen. I have forgotten. Is Ghoul a mage?

7. - Top - End - #487

Farthest thing from it. Heavy tech user and fond of firearms. Also heavy on internal cybernetics and tough as nails.

But combat would definitely be something to get her attention depending on the place.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ogre in the Playground

It's at The Sleeping Goblin, in the middle of the street. There is a force field around them so Ghoul will have to break through it. Easy to do if he can drill underneath. Or just use a sonic attack. It would disrupt the field.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Orc in the Playground

Deadtime. Good night, sleep tight and don't let the bed bite.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

10. - Top - End - #490

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    Farthest thing from it. Heavy tech user and fond of firearms. Also heavy on internal cybernetics and tough as nails.
    Speaking of which, the telewarp portal thing in the MagCave for Javert/Thenadier is tech, too. So...yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ogre in the Playground

........It's not magic?!

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ogre in the Playground

Magtok doesn't have anything that does magic. anything you see coming from him is tech shenanigans
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ogre in the Playground

.........Crap..........I didn't know....

14. - Top - End - #494
    Troll in the Playground

Updated

Inside the dome:

Prometheus - TE
    * Ilpholin - Reinholdt
    Gordon - Phantom

Fight probably paused due to ooc issues.

Outside the dome:

Cyrus - Blade of Obliviom
    Becky - BR
    Zefir - Zefir
    Battlemages - TE
    Henchies - Vampire Rot
    Rogar - Phantom
    Karyana - C'nor
    Valente - Gulaghar
    Kal - Kid Kris
    Dark Lord - D_Lord
    Darcy and Moffs - Happyturtle
    Greg - Firefox
    MagClone, Forcedome, Magbots - Magtok
    Javert - singingnoodle

May as well skip ahead to Kal's response to everyone, since he's the primary mover of events Outside.

Personally, I suggest a vote of no confidence in Gordon's leadership with everyone saying yay or nay, and then moving on from there.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #495

So I've been noticing this a lot lately, but I'd like to know what other people think of it.
    What's your guys opinions about people bringing in a whole new character to a scene to magically fix another character?
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

16. - Top - End - #496

I think until the reason are reliable let him go.

Means:
    -his appereance in the szene doesn't need to be the hurted person
    -the character himself is that kind of person who helps a stranger
    -the szene itself is in a public place.
    -the player doesn't ignore the facts.

I think your going for the szene in DFI? I understand why your not ok with what was done there. And your right when you say your char would have acted to that, but after all it's FFRPG. Everyone would like to have his char what he can do best in such situations.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground

My internet is spotty again, so I may not be on terribly much, if at all, for the next four or five days. Feel free to skip me/godmod my characters (within reason) if it's possible to do so without messing up the scene.

Mindfreak:

Depends. If, for example, it's in a public place, whether one of the taverns, Mallside, or whatever, and the person was either already there or going to arrive anyway, then I think it's not really an issue. The same applies if there's a valid IC reason for them to show up, like, say, a mental link between the injured person and the healer. Karyana and Ashley are a pretty good example of something like that - they have a reasonably strong empathic bond, so if Ashley gets hurt badly enough while she's conscious that Karyana could sense the emotions caused by it, it's not that unreasonable for her to arrive after a bit (or, if you prefer, flip the examples; Karyana's my character and Ashley is RB's, so I'm not going to speak for her).

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ogre in the Playground

Let me see if I understand. So someone had a character that was injured in whatever situation, and then another character of theirs showed up and healed them out of nowhere?

I'd say there are very few instances where I'd find that acceptable. One of which is if the second character had been previously stated to be nearby before they were ever needed. I think the only other case I'd be alright with it is if it was to save the first character from death. People generally don't want to lose their characters, and I'm going to be fine with them being saved somehow. On the other hand, if this was a combat situation, and the second character showed up to save the first, then the first immediately started fighting again, in that case I would have a big problem with it.

Now, most of that doesn't apply if the second character doesn't belong to the first character's player. It should still be reasonable for them to have showed up at that time, but in general it feels a lot less like they're pulling something out of their butt.

19. - Top - End - #499

C'nor it would be nice if you cna post Inside.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

20. - Top - End - #500
    Pixie in the Playground

Whose turn is it in the Sleeping Goblin atm?
    Erin Go Bragh!
    "Oh, so now you are saying that I'm redundant, that I repeat myself, that I say things over and over?!"

Tottenham Hotspurs. Nuff said.

Nexus Character(s)

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ogre in the Playground

I believe it's Slii Arhem's.

22. - Top - End - #502

No, it's mine but I'm a little confused by the circumstances. I'll get something up in a bit.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

23. - Top - End - #503
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    No, it's mine but I'm a little confused by the circumstances. I'll get something up in a bit.
    I do believe that we are currently ignoring Chez's post about being hit with the fireball, seeing as how Lumia jumped in the way. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Erin Go Bragh!
    "Oh, so now you are saying that I'm redundant, that I repeat myself, that I say things over and over?!"

Tottenham Hotspurs. Nuff said.

Nexus Character(s)

24. - Top - End - #504

I think Chez's post overrides Mee's. The system works on defender's choice, including being rescued, but neither has made a claim.

My Characters

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ogre in the Playground

I think it's Mee's post that happened first.

26. - Top - End - #506

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    I think Chez's post overrides Mee's. The system works on defender's choice, including being rescued, but neither has made a claim.
    Speaking of all that, it is currently your turn in the posting order Orchestra. I understand if you wish to get this sorted out first though.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

27. - Top - End - #507

Okay, so, the way I see it:
    In real life, people would try to stop certain things. Like in this case, Lumia tried to stop the fireball, in order to prevent Chez from going on an assumed killing spree.

As far as I've known in the FFRP, on the topic of Outside Interference: it's basically a case of who posts first.

Since two people can be going along their merry way, duking it out as they will, but then a third person tries to step between them and try to break it up.
    Would they just get ignored?

(And correct me if I'm wrong, everyone else.)

I guess what my point is, is that Lumia would try to stop it, there's no reason for her not to, so do you really want me to go edit my post to say that she just sits there like a lump, watching a fireball hit the giant wolf with a shotgun, who is already threatening people?

If you do, I guess I'll go do that, but I'd really rather not.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

28. - Top - End - #508

My assumption has always been that being blocked for counts under defender's choice. The problem is, someone's post is going to have to be either changed or ignored and either seems rude. I asked you because Chez was defender in that situation, and I'm sorry if it was rude. (I have yet to read your pm because the site has spazzed out on me for a bit and I ended up able to respond to this first.) Lumia doesn't have to sit like a lump, she could miss, not make it in time, it was moving at 410 mph which I think is as fast as a bullet, or a myriad other things, I'd just like to see it posted before I respond. I'm sorry if that comes off as me being anal but I need to now what actually happened before I decide what to do. Sorry all.

My Characters

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, Mee posted before Chez so in my opinion Mee's actions would take place before Chez. Therefore Mee's action made sure Chez should never have had a reaction. So, that fireball would never hit Chez, but Lumia.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Banned

I STARTED posting before Mee posted, and was interrupted mid-post by my mother. Chez's reaction is staying the same, whether it's him or Lucia that's hit by the Fireball.