New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OOC 29: Since When Have Titles Been All That Important, Anyway?

Deadtime now, goodnight. Sleep tight, and don't let the Xeg-Yi bite. (Assuming they have teeth.)

Gulaghar and ThirdEmperor, please post for the Swamp of Not-Quite-Sanity.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OOC 29: Since When Have Titles Been All That Important, Anyway?

Oh, so er....Even if the fireball hits Lumia Chez will whip out his gun?

3. - Top - End - #513
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    My assumption has always been that being blocked for counts under defender's choice. The problem is, someone's post is going to have to be either changed or ignored and either seems rude. I asked you because Chez was defender in that situation, and I'm sorry if it was rude. (I have yet to read your pm because the site has spazzed out on me for a bit and I ended up able to respond to this first.) Lumia doesn't have to sit like a lump, she could miss, not make it in time, it was moving at 410 mph which I think is as fast as a bullet, or a myriad other things, I'd just like to see it posted before I respond. I'm sorry if that comes off as me being anal but I need to now what actually happened before I decide what to do. Sorry all.
    Nah, you're perfectly fine. Checking for confirmations of things is never a bad thing.

Though I think all that's left to be said is that it's up to Chez, as ultimately, it's his decision, but as he just posted about it.

So apparently she was fireball'd.
    Yay?
    Last edited by Mee; 2012-02-13 at 09:16 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Oh, so er....Even if the fireball hits Lumia Chez will whip out his gun?
    His gun is already out.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ogre in the Playground

OK. So, Chez has his gun out, Marty is bound. Slii and his rat ogre are guarding Marty. Marciano is trying to get as much gold as he can without getting shot, Grantaire has the bomb machine ready, Lumia was fireballed to the knee! in the face, Tyalla is growling, Shada is inside, Elio and Romeo are talking to Marciano, and Elkandar just fire balled Lumia...

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] OOC 29: Since When Have Titles Been All That Important, Anyway?

*Pokes Gulaghar to GloG and C'nor to Random Places and Plots*

The Poking Kobold have struck again!

*Dramatic lightning*

Eep! Thunder!

*Hides beneath cape*
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Bugbear in the Playground

*pokes Keveak andMindfreak to GloG*

Andy can't really handle the undead nurse right now, thats why he didn't pay much attention to her.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

8. - Top - End - #518
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    [Cottage]

Hey, it's not gratuitous! It's a totally necessary and dramatic scene with no silly or overblown moments in it whatsoever!

Which is why the curtain gets drawn right now, without any further witty comment whatsoever. None at all. Nope. Nothing.
    Happy Valentines Day, people.
    The d'awwwpocalypse cometh.

Oh wait... this is more the d'awwwkwardocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Updated

Inside the dome:

Prometheus - TE
    * Ilpholin - Reinholdt
    Gordon - Phantom

Fight probably paused due to ooc issues.

Outside the dome:

Cyrus - Blade of Obliviom
    Becky - BR
    Zefir - Zefir
    Battlemages - TE
    Henchies - Vampire Rot
    Rogar - Phantom
    Karyana - C'nor
    Valente - Gulaghar
    Kal - Kid Kris
    Dark Lord - D_Lord
    Darcy and Moffs - Happyturtle
    Greg - Firefox
    MagClone, Forcedome, Magbots - Magtok
    Javert - singingnoodle

May as well skip ahead to Kal's response to everyone, since he's the primary mover of events Outside.

Personally, I suggest a vote of no confidence in Gordon's leadership with everyone saying yay or nay, and then moving on from there.
    *pokes Kris to Outside*
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #519
    Titan in the Playground

Regarding the scene in Random, I was sorely tempted to make horible sword-related double entendres. Luckily, I resisted. I'm awful at writing romantic scenes anyway.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-02-14 at 02:00 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Barbarian in the Playground

*Pokes Keveak to GLoG and Umbrella*
    *Pokes ThirdEmperor to Umbrella*
    *Pokes C'nor to Umbrella*
    *Pokes The Alexandrian to Home*
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ogre in the Playground

*also pokes Keveak to GLoG* Ha! Now it's your turn to miss me!

12. - Top - End - #522

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    There's been less infighting because AMEN's been dying as far as I can personally tell. I'm curious as to what you mean AMEN's got done lately. If you're referring to Erin's, that's you being so OverPowered that no one wants do what it takes to beat you in combat. I know several people pissed at you because your NPCs are so much better than their PCs. And honestly, all the excuses in the world that you can come up with for this does not change the fact that it's OverPowered when NPCs can wipe the floor with PCs.
    Well, I would start by pointing out that the new clone soldiers actually have names, personalities, etc. So they're at least pseudo-PCs. I would also mention that two PCs managed to kill or otherwise incapacitate quite a few of them, including the insanely-difficult-to-replace battlemages, before one of them fled and the other surrendered. One on one, no, they don't 'wipe the floor' with anyone. In groups, yes, but I now have them operate in three-man squadrons in order to avoid utterly overwhelming everything by sheer numbers.

The attempt on Vasquez's life is the only thing I can recall in recent history that was done by AMEN. And that wasn't even. It was done by Magtok supporters and failed. Feel free to correct me if you can come up with something AMEN's done though.
    Y'know... I really don't follow the logic here.

It might have been 'Magtok's supporters' who executed the brainwashing/assassination shenanigans, but that was still basically everyone who wasn't already involved in the raiding of Inside. AMEN might not have been 'unified', but at least everybody who wanted to take part in some good ol' fashioned villainy, which I think is more important than everyone having the same goals.

In fact, organization wide events are fairly rare even in the more organized ACROs. Generally it's just people being people and occasionally small groups forming to get one task or another done. Saying that it doesn't count because they 'failed' is also pretty ironic, considering Magtok and Ilpholin's schemes seem to center largely around ensuring AMEN's operations continue to fail.

I know I'm pissed at you for lying to me from the get-go of this fight in order to get in on it when you knew I didn't want you in on it. Telling me that Prom was quite injured and not bringing his best weapons and you would do your best to avoid OOC drama. Rather, instead of try to come up with the most interesting story, you seem entirely focused on pulling out the biggest, most ludicrous things you can think of to win, to the extent of metagaming and disruptively interrupting.
    Okay. I didn't lie. Have you noticed the lack of turret guns, gauss rifles, huge explosions, power armor, bio-weapons, acid gas and other such lovely, lovely toys? Prometheus is not using his best weapons. Otherwise that lightning strike Gordon summoned would have been followed by a handful of incendiary grenades for good measure. Similarly, although his injuries were indeed mostly healed after I made that promise, their main effect was to stop Prom from using his deadly claws. Which I haven't had him use specifically due to that promise. As for the OoC drama... Well, I tried to avoid causing any, as I do take keeping my word seriously, but yes, sadly I failed.

I do however take serious objection to you saying I don't give a crud about making a good story. That's just uncalled for. If I genuinely just wanted an excuse to crush other characters beneath in a narrated fashion, I'd play one of the hundreds of videogames, more traditional RPGs or MMOs devoted to just that. Nor am I 'playing to win'. I was cool with the possibility that Gordon and Prometheus might lose from the start, heck, I genuinely thought Prometheus was done for when he got hit by the MagDoken. Wasn't till much later when I finally remembered about the healing blood.

Short story, my next post is probably going to be quite literally At which point I'm going to let the people Outside the Dome continue their argument until a victor is decided there. Because I can honestly say that I cannot make any posts cool enough or interesting enough to make it worth continuing to deal with Prometheus.
    Or you could have just asked me not to have Prometheus heal, instead of trying to retcon the anti-teleport back into existence and then declaring that you were just gonna handwave the fight into oblivion.

I've edited Prometheus's healing out of my last post.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] OOC 29: Since When Have Titles Been All That Important, Anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    *also pokes Keveak to GLoG* Ha! Now it's your turn to miss me!
    Uhm... Could you point out where the post is? I can't find it. T_T

The last of your posts in that conversation I could find was this:

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    ((I swear your posts are invisible to me or something. D=))

[Main Drive]

Kirk nods slowly, thinking for a second. "Actually, I think it would. Someone by the name of Grace is looking for two kinds of people. People who are interested in studying magic or people who are magical and willing to be studied. Do you think you'd be interested in either of those?"
    But I replied to that right below it:

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    [Main Drive]

Friend replies after considering Kirk's offer for a short second.

"While cursed never to have the power itself, I would not cast away an offer to study magic or allow others to gain knowledge from the study of it. Both are of interest"

Bowing, the ex-Fae continues with a hint of a positive emotion.

"I would not be of much help to the League if I was not willing to help the search for knowledge, would I?"
    So that can't be it...

Maybe someone is playing tricks on us? :3
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hi everyone, we’ve decided to try to come back to this side of the forum, hope the sporadic hours we keep won’t end up derailing what scenes we end up being part of, really sorry if it happens once more.

That said, does anyone need the help of a time traveler? We’ve been thinking about setting her up as a mercenary ‘that can be hired after the fact’ (obviously she wouldn't be able to be part of something that has already happened so her post-employment will have to be brought up OOC before the event you want her to be part of, and hiring her or anyone she may yet employ can be done after the event.) Maybe even have her setup an agency to put people in the right place at the right time (Timely Employment . . . M . . . P . . . S . . . (Don’t really know the words but we like TEMPS as an acronym)).
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ogre in the Playground

Perhaps "Timely Employment: Mainly Paradoxical Services"?

In any case, I don't have need of a time traveler at the moment, but if yours would be interested in meeting someone with similar abilities, I have a character that fits that description in the DFI.

16. - Top - End - #526

C'Nor are you able to post in inside? The situation there has changed spontanously.^^

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Sounds like fun idea, us! Would be hilarious if she ran into Rahona* and ended up causing a paradox by erasing a Trog's drink from time or something. :3

No idea about the acronym, though. Thought about using more than one letter from one of the words? I know RADAR does that, so maybe TEMPS could be Timely EMPloyment S...?

*My time-travelling character. She has feathers!
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Perhaps "Timely Employment: Mainly Paradoxical Services"?
    That would work.
    In any case, I don't have need of a time traveler at the moment, but if yours would be interested in meeting someone with similar abilities, I have a character that fits that description in the DFI.
    Interaction between time travelers is always fun to think about. Where/when would you think their respective first meetings have occurred? Was it simultaneous?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Sounds like fun idea, us! Would be hilarious if she ran into Rahona* and ended up causing a paradox by erasing a Trog's drink from time or something. :3
    As said above Interactions with time travelers are always fun.
    No idea about the acronym, though. Thought about using more than one letter from one of the words? I know RADAR does that, so maybe TEMPS could be Timely EMPloyment S...?
    Hmm. . . That would lessen confusion to passersby but anyone randomly walking in would be baffled if they are refused service, and that would be funny. . .

19. - Top - End - #529

The problem with time traveling here is that you can't really travle into the past. Would only work if you can post between others (Assuming you want to go to scene that happened). best would be if theyx meeet now?

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

You could actually travel into the past as long as nothing is changed, such as going back and spying on someone's date or having a conversation in the Town. Could make for a fun plot.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeah, that was talked about when we brought up the idea of her before. But in writing for a time traveler past and future can be (are) relative, so an event in their past can be weeks or months from being played out here on the forums, conversely an event they have yet to live through may have already been acted out weeks or months ago IRL.

Also unless specifically agreed upon by everyone effected an alternate set of events that already happened could not be setup, for time travelers to rummage around in.

So all the ‘time travel’ would be normally be saying is ‘they came from X number of days/months/years in the future and would know that this (OOC agreed upon event) happened at this time' or ‘she just got back from event Y (that happened however long ago) and is still mad at PC Z for what he did’. It’s pretty much a logical extreme of Plot Clones that we are talking about.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Titan in the Playground

*pokes C'Nor to NO*
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Pixie in the Playground

*Pokes TE to Outside*
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Y'know... I really don't follow the logic here.

It might have been 'Magtok's supporters' who executed the brainwashing/assassination shenanigans, but that was still basically everyone who wasn't already involved in the raiding of Inside. AMEN might not have been 'unified', but at least everybody who wanted to take part in some good ol' fashioned villainy, which I think is more important than everyone having the same goals.
    You seemed to be directly referring to accomplishing something, which is what I was talking about. The only two involved on the raid of Inside were the Prom/Cyrus snugglebuddy group, despite everyone else in AMEN telling them they shouldn't. I don't think it can be called an organizational action when solitary members run off at the protest of other members.

Though I'm not sure why you keep harping on about having the same goals. I don't recall ever mentioning that or anyone else mentioning it, so I'm not sure why it's considered an issue.

Saying that it doesn't count because they 'failed' is also pretty ironic, considering Magtok and Ilpholin's schemes seem to center largely around ensuring AMEN's operations continue to fail.
    Ok. If you really, truly believe this, then I can honestly say that either you haven't paid much attention to Ilpholin or you've greatly misconstrued what you've seen. Possibly both. I'm reasonably certain I can say the same about Magtok as well. Neither want AMEN's operations to fail in the least and I really don't understand what gave you that misconception.

I do however take serious objection to you saying I don't give a crud about making a good story. That's just uncalled for. If I genuinely just wanted an excuse to crush other characters beneath in a narrated fashion, I'd play one of the hundreds of videogames, more traditional RPGs or MMOs devoted to just that. Nor am I 'playing to win'. I was cool with the possibility that Gordon and Prometheus might lose from the start, heck, I genuinely thought Prometheus was done for when he got hit by the MagDoken. Wasn't till much later when I finally remembered about the healing blood.
    Alright. I'm sorry. If even you thought that, then hopefully you'll understand why it appeared to be an overly convenient answer to a shifted situation. Perhaps it wasn't intended that way, but that's how it really seemed.

Or you could have just asked me not to have Prometheus heal, instead of trying to retcon the anti-teleport back into existence and then declaring that you were just gonna handwave the fight into oblivion.

I've edited Prometheus's healing out of my last post.
    I actually had some suspicions about the anti-teleport thing being in confusion before you posted and was PMing KK to confirm those suspicions. You may ask him to confirm the time stamps if need be, but I always found how it worked out particularly odd.

Okay. I didn't lie. Have you noticed the lack of turret guns, gauss rifles, huge explosions, power armor, bio-weapons, acid gas and other such lovely, lovely toys? Prometheus is not using his best weapons. Otherwise that lightning strike Gordon summoned would have been followed by a handful of incendiary grenades for good measure. Similarly, although his injuries were indeed mostly healed after I made that promise, their main effect was to stop Prom from using his deadly claws. Which I haven't had him use specifically due to that promise. As for the OoC drama... Well, I tried to avoid causing any, as I do take keeping my word seriously, but yes, sadly I failed.
    Ok. I was apparently wrong about your actions in this fight and you keeping your word. And for that I apologize. I jumped to some conclusions apparently that I shouldn't have.

However, this response does not particularly put me at ease about the overall issues I have with Prometheus. From what I've seen, it basically tells me that Prometheus could have popped in an entire firing range of death and personally be about twice or three times as powerful as what he's already shown in this fight.

That amount of power is a bad thing for the position you've placed him in. It strongly leaves most of the power to decide how the scene turns out in one player's hands. You could easily ramp up the things to win or leave them as is to not, as we've already seen just with the angel blood alone. Perhaps you didn't intend it that way, or you would never play that way, but the ability certainly is there as I can imagine the temptation is as well.

Personally, I don't believe someone of that amount power should be infiltrating and trying to guide another organization, when they have their own they should be working at and accomplishing the same things. And they most certainly should not be imposing themselves into deathmatches for the future of the organization, even if it is IC due to a specific character hate. It just shouldn't be done. I believe Morty touched on the reasoning earlier once somewhere.

Granted, all that is purely my personal opinion on the matter. Take it how you will with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-02-15 at 02:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    I believe Morty touched on the reasoning earlier once.
    I did, and I think Prometheus is a great example of what I wrote back then about IC bullying.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-02-15 at 05:30 PM.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    C'Nor are you able to post in inside? The situation there has changed spontanously.^^
    Can you link me, please? I'm not seeing any posts in Inside, but my subscription may have glitched...

Quote Originally Posted by usourselves&we View Post
    That would work.Interaction between time travelers is always fun to think about. Where/when would you think their respective first meetings have occurred? Was it simultaneous?
    As Maerndra just returned to the Nexus from a hundred year absence, simultaneous is probably best. Though, in theory, yours could first meet her at the point that she's acquiring the tattoos the current version is nabbing...

27. - Top - End - #537
    Pixie in the Playground

Bleh. College projects. Busy. Little rest. Need more be said?

Anyway, my workload has trundled off to deprive another poor schmuck of sleep required for competency and slight levels of sanity. That means I'll have the ultimate power to post once again!

Hooray! I'll start on that after I return from one more appointment kinda later on tonight!

No more FFRP withdrawals for me!

And AMEN does need to do something fun/serious and lolzy/EVIL again pretty soon, 'cause that always makes for fun rp.

Be back later! Out fishing doing stoopid thing-a-ma-bobs that are "requisite" for high school graduation up/down here in the Evergreen state!

I swear, these regulations are horrid, horrible, and nasty vortexes which snare the sanity and life of young people like myself and tear them out of us!

Fortunately, I don't have one of those attributes.

Oh! Before I go run off again, hi us! Glad to see you around once more! *Waves frantically.*

28. - Top - End - #538
    Titan in the Playground

*pokes C'Nor to NO again*
    *also pokes Kris to Random* Like I said there, if you want the scene to be wrapped up now, that's fine.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Troll in the Playground

Earl, you can continue to skip Brand and Waterstrider in the Temples thread, at least until the party has been led inside the Hermitage.

Other than that, I don't think anyone is waiting for me. Right? Poke me if so. My lungs have gone on a coughing binge, so I'm not going to be around much. Which means everything will be exactly the same.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #540
    Orc in the Playground

I realise that, I'm waiting for Alexandrian. Since Mine will be with Elezibethele, and Mine is Alexandrian's character.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!