New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Pokemon-freak89's Random Banter number eleventy-twelve... uhh... I mean... number

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Yha, yha, I understand. I don't believe I knew about the brothers thing, which explains it more. I'll try to not bother you as often as I do now, considering all the stuff you've got going.

*hugs*
    I think I've mentioned it once or twice, but it was probably rather indirect and interwoven with other stuff...

Also, you're bothering me often? I think I'll have to rewrite my definition of the word.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Did we really go from discussing not wanting to acknowledge bad sequels to flirting with Godwin's law and historical revisionism?

Really?
    Natural discussion progression. Why do you think Godwin's law is a law to start with?
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

2. - Top - End - #242
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Pokemon-freak89's Random Banter number eleventy-twelve... uhh... I mean... number

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    I think I've mentioned it once or twice, but it was probably rather indirect and interwoven with other stuff...

Also, you're bothering me often? I think I'll have to rewrite my definition of the word.
    Well, every time I bug you about it, I feel like I'm stepping to far.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm not arguing that history is (at least for most of the part) written by the winners (although it has changed significantly with increased litteracy and access to writing materials, as well as other media). I'm just maintaing my statement that when we overwrite the actual events of the past, it's for worse, or, to analyse my original snarky response to your original statement (taking the sarcasm into account), for as long as rewriting history has lead to anything bad at all, it still stands (or falls, if taken sincerely).
    And I maintain that we only know it is from worse from examples of those who failed to edit history. Those who succeeded in doing so we can't know about.

I never said that. I just argued against that sequels never can be bad (or how to say it), because you can always ignore them if they are, by saying that ignoring isn't always that easy.
    But it is possible, it's just that other might not agree with the statement of dis-canonity

Everyone have their own standards. What one person can call a sidestep from canon, another one can't, because they have different ideas about what counts as canon. The CDI Zelda and Mario games (which have utterly hillarious cutscenes, by the way) are generally easy to disregard as a sidestep from canon, because their production shares pretty much no common elements with the production of the original games. Book 2 in a trilogy by the same author might not be as easy to ignore to everyone.
    Still, it can be ignored, people just won't, but it can be ignored and assumed as such for personal purposes.

So? It's still just neural patterns, like everything else. I'm merely saying that just because something is mental, doesn't mean that you can throw it out if you grow tired of it.
    But canon isn't mental, it's based on either a legal criteria (who has the rights) or on consensus by the community of followers of a work. You may ignore it, but it is still there, not that it matters since again, you can simply ignore it.

Yes, I realised that about a minute after posting, but I was in a hurry and never got around to editing it. The Universal Declaration on Human Rights is more what I was thinking about. Bottom line is, I'd put it on equal levels with torture if I were to face it myself. Given, I'm a trypanophobic myself, and repeatedly being stung with syringes comes pretty close to torture anyway...
    I don't think trypanophobia is treatable through in vivo experience (or at least not legally).

Is this some personal experience of yours, or are you just hypothesising? Because I for one can't stand being in the same room as syringes or similar implements, even if I can't see them. Merely knowing about their existence unnerves me up to the point where I start to crack and need to leave the room. Telling me that no one will touch them won't help me either, because my imagination is providing me with enough panic fuel as it is.
    That was a personal experience of mine. Twice, once as spectator.
    But most of the times, phobias can be controlled to a respectable degree at least to the point of functionality with due environmental control by those around and lots of water. An analogous case would be having to share your house with a diabetic, both can make efforts to reduce the uncomfortable situations but it is outright insensible to outright get rid of his/her needles or for him/her to place them in plain view and scattered around the property.

Did we really go from discussing not wanting to acknowledge bad sequels to flirting with Godwin's law and historical revisionism?

Really?
    You forgot the psychology sub-plot.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-02-10 at 04:04 PM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

4. - Top - End - #244

NecromancerGuy

Natural discussion progression. Why do you think Godwin's law is a law to start with?
    I rather doubt we'll get to wide-spread denial of WWII having happened out of people wanting to not acknowledge the star wars prequels or Highlander 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

5. - Top - End - #245
    Firbolg in the Playground

I rather doubt we'll get to wide-spread denial of WWII having happened out of people wanting to not acknowledge the star wars prequels or Highlander 2.
    No, but I find it very easy to imagine how Godwin's Law could arise in an argument about bad sequels.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Somehow by the time I graduate next year, I'll have more credits in math then any other subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

7. - Top - End - #247

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    No, but I find it very easy to imagine how Godwin's Law could arise in an argument about bad sequels.
    Haha. I knew there was a reason we loved ya!

I actually fell out of my chair on that one.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #248

NecromancerGuy

Wuff. I have had a night, let me tell you.

On behalf of the group of all people named whatever it is that you all think my name actually is, I sincerely hope that you all had a much better night than I did.

What with having had to go to the ER twice and one of those times involving walking in on someone naked and the assorted and sundry things leading up to, filling the space between, and fully fleshing out those things.

The hot nurse being rather mitigated by the situation and lack of grounding on the proper technique for being a proper shameless ass and hitting on a nurse on duty in the ER ward.
    Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I know I've said this before, but it bears repeating ... The older I get the better my dad's stories about the 60s get. I mean ... Yeesh.

10. - Top - End - #250

Wuff. I have had a night, let me tell you.

On behalf of the group of all people named whatever it is that you all think my name actually is, I sincerely hope that you all had a much better night than I did.

What with having had to go to the ER twice and one of those times involving walking in on someone naked and the assorted and sundry things leading up to, filling the space between, and fully fleshing out those things.

The hot nurse being rather mitigated by the situation and lack of grounding on the proper technique for being a proper shameless ass and hitting on a nurse on duty in the ER ward.
    I can't say I understand what you just said, but let it be known that we're, or atleast I, am rooting for you! Whatever happened, I hope it improves/gets worse depending on which would be better in the current situation.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Somehow by the time I graduate next year, I'll have more credits in math then any other subject.
    Same here. Although for me it probably has something to do with the fact that by the time I finished middle school I already had 3 high school math credits. I also plan on taking a math class every year.
    Last edited by Ranger Mattos; 2012-02-11 at 01:03 PM.
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Bugbear in the Playground

BOO! I'm here!
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

Oh god its a pony! GET IT AWAY ITS A GHOST ELF POLYMORPHED INTO A DEMONHORSE.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Bugbear in the Playground

Demon? Drow.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Mattos View Post
    Same here. Although for me it probably has something to do with the fact that by the time I finished middle school I already had 3 high school math credits. I also plan on taking a math class every year.
    I hate math. Hate. I'm pretty good at it though. However, I don't have any math credits from Middle School, as ... The books we were using made no sense. To me, anyway.

So yeah. It's weird. The reason I'm going to have so many is that I'm taking both Pre-Calc and Statistics next year. ... What on Earth have I signed up for.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

I hate math. Hate. I'm pretty good at it though. However, I don't have any math credits from Middle School, as ... The books we were using made no sense. To me, anyway.

So yeah. It's weird. The reason I'm going to have so many is that I'm taking both Pre-Calc and Statistics next year. ... What on Earth have I signed up for.
    You fool! What have you done?
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Mattos View Post
    You fool! What have you done?
    I ... I ... I DON'T KNOW! *cries*

The Pre-Calc teacher is suppose to be really good though, and I know the Statistics one is. Seeing as I've had her for both Algebra and Algebra II. (And if I get really, truly stuck, my dad is a math major.)

EDIT: I can connect Linkin Park to Sonic the Hedgehog in three steps, IDK why, but that makes me happy.

Steps: Linkin Park's lead singer is Chester Bennington, Chester Bennington was the producer for Julien-K's debut album, Julien-K has done two songs for Sonic Games: This Machine and Waking Up.
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2012-02-11 at 03:18 PM.

18. - Top - End - #258

NecromancerGuy

I can't say I understand what you just said, but let it be known that we're, or atleast I, am rooting for you! Whatever happened, I hope it improves/gets worse depending on which would be better in the current situation.
    Haha, well, at this point, everything's taken care of and all, but I'm still feeling pretty woozy since I finally got to bed around 11 AM. Ah, playing taxi service to crises and drama.
    Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #259

Haha, well, at this point, everything's taken care of and all, but I'm still feeling pretty woozy since I finally got to bed around 11 AM. Ah, playing taxi service to crises and drama.
    And that's why I can't drive.

Though I will intend to learn how to drive later.

Regardless, *hugs*

20. - Top - End - #260

NecromancerGuy

And that's why I can't drive.

Though I will intend to learn how to drive later.

Regardless, *hugs*
    Ah, see, family you can just whomp on a bit.

Roommates and friends, you have being irascible and trying to foist the dog off onto you when they got to go to bed at 5 AM and slept for 12 hours and you only just now barely had a nap and woke up from it.
    Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #261

Ah, see, family you can just whomp on a bit.

Roommates and friends, you have being irascible and trying to foist the dog off onto you when they got to go to bed at 5 AM and slept for 12 hours and you only just now barely had a nap and woke up from it.
    I can't hit my family and I have no roomates (thankfully). So I can't really feel your pain. Still, sounds really rough.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Can't LaZ, or won't?
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2012-02-11 at 04:52 PM.

23. - Top - End - #263

Can't LaZ, or won't?
    Which one of those falls under "am not aloud to hit". Because I can understand that reasoning being under can't, but it also fits under won't as well!

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Mayn't.10charizards
    The following errors occurred with your search:

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.

25. - Top - End - #265

Oh, also, guys! I just checked my banking. I have FOUR MORE PENNIES then I did last month! Woo, unlimited riches! Mwahaha.

26. - Top - End - #266

NecromancerGuy

Which one of those falls under "am not aloud to hit". Because I can understand that reasoning being under can't, but it also fits under won't as well!
    Sometimes all a panicking parent needs is a good sharp rap on the knuckles to get them thinking clearly again.

And usually if a teenage sibling is having a crisis they need to be hogtied and sat on until they're no longer a danger to themselves or others. Or at least sat on.

Because if a 12 year old is out after midnight and before 4 AM in a place it shouldn't be such that it has to wake people up and be rescued in such a way that the parents are not the first choice, well, it's clearly taken leave of what little 12 year old senses that it had and gotten involved in something of questionable legality.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-02-11 at 05:53 PM.
    Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Because if a 12 year old is out after midnight and before 4 AM in a place it shouldn't be such that it has to wake people up and be rescued in such a way that the parents are not the first choice, well, it's clearly taken leave of what little 12 year old senses that it had and gotten involved in something of questionable legality.
    LaZ's 12 year old sister was out between those hours?

28. - Top - End - #268

NecromancerGuy

LaZ's 12 year old sister was out between those hours?
    She said that people in her family having crises that would necessitate her having to go and get them in the wee hours of the morning (like I had to this morning) were the main reasons that she was resistant to learning how to drive in the first place.

The idea of one's parents who aren't complete wrecks doing that is kind of incongruous, and if they did then they kinda forfeit their ability to have authority over her if they're putting themselves subordinate to their own daughter.

And younger siblings that get into things they're not supposed to and that are likely of questionable legality generally makes for good blackmail material to use as leverage against them with the parents, at least, if one doesn't actually like one's siblings at all or have any eye for ensuring they don't do anything quite so stupid again.
    Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I thought she was saying she wouldn't want to be in your situation. My bad.

30. - Top - End - #270

I was ALSO saying I wouldn't want to be him in that situation. And really, maybe it's just because I've never expierance anything like it, but I've never been in a situation where the only one who was able to drive in an emergency has been me. Whenever something bad happens to, say, my sister (who is currently 13, for you curious) my Dad is always around to help.

I'm probably just lucky.