New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] MURDER II: Actual Levels of Murder May Vary

"From what I could gather about it, at least one person was on a killing spree in the town, with results equivalent to an attack by a small team of trained military, and showing no signs of coming to an end any time soon. Why or who, I don't know. Though I suppose the intent was likely to draw Riv or his guards out."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    [The Front]

John, utterly baffled at why somebody would want wine with ice, goes ahead and pours the drink anyway, putting it in front of Marciano.

[Lobby]

Fade will be allowed to enter the Operative's office with no trouble.

Jane looks surprised at the news of a full-blown raid, but she really isn't, just playing the part. "We sent two members ad one potential member. I think you need to give a lot more details on this raid, Rael." Really, she should've known those people would screw up somehow. Was nobody in this organization capable of stealth?
    [Lobby or the office?]

Fade is after all knocking first and entering after called. He looks for the Operative after all.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

[The Front]

"Why don't you tell what that green crap is first," John says. He suspects poison, Marciano's been unsubtle enough to justify making it this obvious.

[Operative's Office]

The Operative calls for Fade, then, just as he has every time Fade knocks.

[The Lobby]

Jane barely manages to resist the lure of a facepalm. "You should report this to the Operative when Fade's done with whatever he's doing."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

The Front

Well, it's a type of explosive poison, it comes from a type of purple worm and yuan-ti venom. It's deadly. No cure, save for something only masters would know about. It also happens to be very delicious in the right amounts and when mixed with a different venom. Unfortunately, it could kill me, but I am a master. Marciano takes out a bright purple vial and pours a little bit of it into the drink.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-02-10 at 10:57 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lobby]

"Naturally,"
    the vampire replies, nodding, and sitting down to wait for Fade to be finished. "Although, in the meantime, I don't believe you ever mentioned how I arrange for the vehicle to be fed... Was telling you it's necessary enough?"

6. - Top - End - #36

[Operative's Office]

"Hey. During your absence I made a little plan myself. You remember the life bound contract? Well Sahra is going for that but you knew it. The thing I want to clear is the way to contact us. I started working as a barboy in the Dancing Fox Inn. This could be a good opportunity to leave a public place without releasing our position."

He waits for the Operatives answer. Still speaking in this soundless voice.

"Another thing would it be a problem for us to go after the remnant Bountys?"

7. - Top - End - #37

[The Front]

"Uh huh. And if you're not lying through your teeth, you want to tell me why you saw fit to bring poison to a public tavern?" John says. He expected a threat of some sort, but no longer cared at this point.

[Lobby]

"I... think you should be able to feed your vehicle yourself, Rael. Neither the Operative nor myself know how to go about that." Jane is still a little shocked at the prospect of a living vehicle. Where she came from, vehicles that weren't animals didn't need food.

[Operative's Office]

"I see no problem with you meeting with other members at the Dancing Fox, as long as you aren't obvious about it." The ghost pauses for a moment, then says, "Remnant bounties, however, are a problem. Remnant is not very likely to take kindly to our presence when they find out about us. If we go after their targets, they'll just find us all the more quickly as a result."
    Last edited by Devixer; 2012-02-11 at 03:49 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

The Front

Because obviously I need t' prove meself to ya'. So, I figgered I migh' as well show ya jus' 'ow good I am at me craft. Marciano repeats, Oy, per'aps a spoon woul' be nice righ' about now. How about one?

Done
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-02-11 at 04:08 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39

((singingnoodle eh just question in case. why doesn't he try to speak the question is he dancing it? Saying someone is asking for something is strange when he speaks up befor.))

[Operative's Office]

"I not intend to meet the other members. I saw your advertise on the Wall and I asume it didn't go well since near no contrcts where made. I thought that might be because we don't have someone there who doesn't draw attention. Since I got a job there I will be around most of the time so we could use this place to see potential contracts."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lobby]

"I... think you should be able to feed your vehicle yourself, Rael. Neither the Operative nor myself know how to go about that." Jane is still a little shocked at the prospect of a living vehicle. Where she came from, vehicles that weren't animals didn't need food.

"Fair enough. If you prefer that I create its food, I can; I'd simply assumed you'd prefer to handle that yourselves... A large enough colony of organisms that can subsist off of ambient nutrients, fed into a flesh block, should do fine, and also help purify the air in its immediate vicinity, to some extent. Would there be any objection to my putting something like that in the garage with it?"

11. - Top - End - #41

[The Front]

"Prove your-" John interrupts himself with a sigh. "How dumb are you? I just told you that this is just a bar."

[Lobby]

Jane thinks for a few seconds, before saying, "I'm fine with it, but you should probably run it by the boss, as well."

[Operative's Office]

"I have no problems with that either, Fade, as long as you don't walk up to people and tell them that you're secretly in an assassin's organization. If you hear of a potential contract, tell us about it first. We'll get to them."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

The Front

Various rumors say otherwise. Sorry if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure this is th' place.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lobby]

"I'll ask him when Fade's done, then,"
    Rael replies, nodding, and starting to sculpt his left arm.

14. - Top - End - #44

[Operative's Office]

Fade just looks at him silently. In his mind he has the scene with the life bound contract.

"I think I showed that I'm able to be discreet if it comes to such situations. The only failur you blame me for was caused by this other guy."

15. - Top - End - #45

[The Front]

"Yeah, well you and your various rumors are wrong. If you're going to keep going on about this crap, just get out," John says, obviously irritated.

[Lobby]

Jane doesn't speak any further, and returns to her papers. She finds herself hoping for a contract for her to tackle soon.

[Operative's Office]

The Operative stares back. While Fade's look is just silent, the gaze through his gas mask is lifeless. "I'm aware of your capacity for subtlety, Fade. I just ask that you stick to it."

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

The Front

Ahah! Actually, I need your most flammable drink too, OK? Ok. Pass it over. Marciano leers.

17. - Top - End - #47

[Operative's Office]

"After all we should make a note on the wall. Something open for imagination, but still clear in it's direction."

Fade are you going for rhetoric?

18. - Top - End - #48

[The Front]

"Absolutely not." John has officially ran out of patience, and he was about a minute from just shooting Marciano. "Door's over there. Use it."

[Operative's Office]

The Operative is a bit baffled by this statement. "Fade, I already tried that. It failed. You know this."

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

The Front

Door? Hehe! I thought this was an inn! No respecting innkeeper would ever send a customer out into the streets! What exactly is this place? Marciano starts mixing the explosive drink with a pin from his shirt. The liquid gurgles.

20. - Top - End - #50

[Operative's Office]

The Operative is a bit baffled by this statement. "Fade, I already tried that. It failed. You know this."
    [Operative's Office]

"You mean this:

P.M.C. currently hiring and accepting jobs.

New members must have training and experience, job buyers are expected to have payment on hand.

For further information, head to the Black Dragon's Den. You will be given a second location to meet.
    I don't wanna be offened, but I'm not knowing what P.M.C. is. And to be true I don't see why this advertise would draw anyones attention. No and Curator are mercenary. The only real difference is that we go for killing people. I learned that one of the best ways to draw attention is to show your unique skills."

Well Fade has business experience but near nos social experience.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Pixie in the Playground

[The Front]

'Twas a cold night. A night most inhospitable to man and monster alike. A night which could make an Eskimo shiver. A night which could flash freeze fish as they are plucked from the rippling water. A night of dreary, dreary, dismal concepts that bore the mind and body.

In through the door walks the woman described in the following few lines.

The woman's figure is shapely. Vivacious. She stands at a height of 5'11". Her facial features are soft. Her snowy white eyes glow with an otherworldly radiance. Her hair is of an auburn hue and is styled into a long ponytail that just touches her shoulders. Her clothes consist of a black t-shirt, black jeans, and white, velcro sneakers. Her smooth skin is of a warm tan tint. Her lips are blood red. Overall, she has a very delicate look to her. She can't be much older than twenty (years).

Except her demeanor is tailored so as to align with that of MURDER's standard clientele.

She'll approach the bar, .45 openly worn in a black leather holster at her side, the length of the barrel notched with countless tick marks tallying up the number of folks who were laid to rest with the fine piece of metal worked in the USA in a quaint little factory along the east coast.

Percilia, the killer of killers: Serial Killer X, perambulates over to the bar, wearing a skimpy outfit that exposes her midsection, a large portion of her ample cleavage, and a luxurious measure of what Shakespeare defined as the epitome of his (at the time) freshly-minted phrase, "supple thighs."

Percilia seats herself at the bar, signaling Johnny boy, our ole' bartending gatekeeper over to her location, smiling innocently, cheek resting in the palm of her left hand all the while.

22. - Top - End - #52

[The Front - Marciano]

"Just because this is an inn doesn't mean I can't turn away maniacs who are mixing poison right in front of me." John just rolls his eyes afterwards, mentally noting the location of his sawn-off.

[The Front - Percilia]

That night wasn't an all to busy one. Most people were still a little spooked from Marciano's stunt. When Percilia walks in, John makes a note of her appearance. Definitely not someone who would just come to this dive for a drink. He walks over to her, and says, "And what will you be having this evening?"

[Operative's Office]

"We can't advertise on the wall that we will kill. Remnant will hunt us down for sure, and we don't have the resources or powers to deflect an attack from them." The Operative continues to stare at Fade.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Pixie in the Playground

[The Front - Percilia]

"I'll take a Vodka Martini. Shaken, not stirred, big boy."

Percilia winks playfully. Her tone is pleasant and courteous, yet tenuously formal. Her voice flows like a babbling brook flooded with honey. It is unto herself what the warble is to a lark. Beautiful. Harmonious. Melodic. Mesmerizing.

Never let it be said that Thomas Godlark has no taste in women. For this is his girlfriend in the flesh.

And what flesh it is!

When she walks down the streets, a regal heiress blessing and gracing the masses with her presence, heads turn, jaws hang agape, and the seed of envy is sowed in many a lover.

"Please make it quick. I have a contract to write up. And a extravagantly spendy one, at that."

Percilia places undue emphasis on the word contract. It bears weight here, and she is well-aware of that fact, though she won't let on to officially recognize any of that.

"And while we are at it, where are the bathrooms? I'll need a reference marker to steer myself toward lest I feel the irrepressible urge to disgorge."
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-02-18 at 12:08 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

The Front

Well, Marciano may be downright disgusting, but he is in fact.very intelligent. He sees the woman and whistles playfully. His horrid set of rotting teeth show. Vodka Martini, shaken not stirred...huh? Contract! This woman is an assassin! That's how you get in! The drink!

Marciano waits for now and insteasld looks over the woman lustily.

25. - Top - End - #55

[Operative's Office]

"I understand that, but we should try to mention that the service we offer fills a wider range than NO. This leaves room for interpretation."

26. - Top - End - #56

[The Front]

If Marciano was so smart, he'd probably realize there was no longer any sort of way for him to get in.

Percilia is actually incorrect with her order, but after Marciano, John really doesn't care. The woman was obviously trying to buy a contract, and that was something that he was willing to allow through.

"Bathrooms are in the back, ma'am," John says as he serves the ordered martini.

[Operative's Office]

The Operative waits for a few seconds before responding. "Thank you for you input. I shall consider it. You may leave now, Fade."
    Last edited by Devixer; 2012-02-20 at 08:11 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Lobby

Well, seeing as Marciano has no chance of getting in, he leaves the establishment.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Pixie in the Playground

[The Front]

Sneaking into MURDER might be cool, though! It'd prove that the perpetrator was skilled in the arts of deception and stealth! It'd also prove that the sneaky mcsneakster was quite the eloquent, persuasive individual, because if he or she survived, that'd mean he/she convinced both Jane and Operative not to shoot him/her down in cold blood for being an interloper. On a separate note, geeze I am in love with the word interloper! Such a fun word. I'm absolutely giddy whenever I get a chance to say it!

"Thanks, cutie."

Percilia winks as she receives her drink!

She'll remain at the bar for a couple of rounds chatting idly with a patron or two about this or that. It isn't too hard to find a partner to converse with when one is as attractive as Percilia. It is even less difficult when one is as gorgeous as Percilia in her unseen natural form. NPCs flock to PCs in the hundreds in the Nexus, I'd imagine.

After she is sufficiently tipsy, Percilia will head into the indicated back room and likely discover and attempt to utilize the elevator in it to reach the entry room of MURDER.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

He might try.

30. - Top - End - #60

[The Front]

Unfortunately for Percilia's wily charms, John is only a semi-NPC, so he is mostly unaffected. It'll indeed be easy for her to find someone else to talk to, however.

When she gets to the back, she'll find that the elevator to MURDER is already there. Gee, ain't that convenient?