New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] MURDER II: Actual Levels of Murder May Vary

Operative's Office

Javert growls softly. ...Fine., But if you fail, I want my money back. I want you to bring me back his body. His corpse. Also, I want to come with whoever is on the mission. I'm a ghost...essentially...I will hide in this gem. I want to see him die. You will then be payed for your work. Those are my demands. Then you will be rewarded.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Operative's Office]

"Demands?" The Operative stares silently for a few minutes. "Fine. If only because whomever ends up carrying your soul finds it easy to banish you back to your home plane, whichever one that is." That's, uh, a little bit of an assumption, isn't it?
    Last edited by Devixer; 2012-04-30 at 04:08 PM.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

Operative's Office

Javert stops growling and his face turns blank. Home plane? What are you talking about? This is business friend. Enough of my private life. Who will you be sending? Javert does not seem angry, annoyed, or upset at all. Inside however, Javert is not liking what The Operative said. He knows? Hrm...not good.

4. - Top - End - #244

[Operative's Office]

Javert's face going blank is one of the reactions the Operative wanted. Sometimes you had to remind people of their place. "I will decide who is best for the contract when I have sufficient information. Not before."

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Operative's Office

Mm...Well. Please inform me when you have found someone. Like I said, I wish to come with him or her. Here's the money out front. I believe this is enough? Javert summons a large sack of jewels to appear. Mined straight out of his "associates" new mine.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Orc in the Playground

[The Bar]

Rene walks into the bar and looks around. As she walks to the bar she adjusts her glasses a bit and then takes them off and places them into a pocket of her coat. There is a small scowl on her face due mainly to the fact that the location was not as high class as she wanted. She takes a seat at the bar and sighs at the need to come to this location for even the chance at work. "Excuse moi," She says loud enough for the bartender to hear as she taps her fingers on the bar impatiently, "I would like some service."
    "To live is to dream; to die is to awaken"
    - La Bamba

“Believe in the ideal, not the idol.”

"Those who flow through life, as life flows, feel no wear... feel no tear... need no mending... no repair."
    -Laotzu

-Compassion: Much less effective on soul eating monsters.

7. - Top - End - #247

[Operative's Office]

The Operative searches through the sack to appraise all of the jewels. "This will suffice, Javert." There's the slightest bit of emphasis on Javert's name, almost as if he's implying something.

[The Front]

John is quick enough to get to the bar. "What do you need, miss?" he says, though part of him can guess exactly what Rene wants. He knows this type pretty well.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Operatives Office

Good...I look forward to being allies in the future.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    John is quick enough to get to the bar. "What do you need, miss?" he says, though part of him can guess exactly what Rene wants. He knows this type pretty well.
    [The Front]

"I hear that you serve a particular crowd here, a crowd that I would like to get in on." Rene says queitly to the man and while sliding across a few bills, "and a gin and tonic if you can work it" Her eyes linger no the man as if she already knows the answer that is coming to her.
    - La Bamba

"Those who flow through life, as life flows, feel no wear... feel no tear... need no mending... no repair."
    -Laotzu

10. - Top - End - #250

[Operative's Office]

"You may leave now, Javert," the Operative says. A piece of paper and a pen floats down to the desk, in front of the ghost. Using telekinesis, he starts to write the note. Javert won't be able to see it.

[The Front]

John nods to the woman, and starts to mix the drink. He's given a tacit approval of her entrance. He sets the glass in front of Rene, with a note underneath it, which says:

Elevator's been called for you. Go into the back room at your leisure.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Orc in the Playground

John nods to the woman, and starts to mix the drink. He's given a tacit approval of her entrance. He sets the glass in front of Rene, with a note underneath it, which says:

Elevator's been called for you. Go into the back room at your leisure.
    [The Front]

"Thank you, for both." Rene takes a sip of her drink and eyes the man, "This seemed far easier then I expected, I assume there is a catch to the simplicity of allowing me into the sanctum. I mean you have no idea if I am here with another organization to shut yours down." Rene finishes that statement with a small laugh and another sip of her drink. "Don't worry however, if I was here for that I would have asked for a more expensive drink." Rene keeps here eyes trained on the man while waiting for a response.
    - La Bamba

-Laotzu

12. - Top - End - #252

[The Front]

John just stares at Rene for a few moments before saying, "Lady, I have no idea what you're talking about. You trying to scare the other patrons?" Well, that's either weird, or John's just covering up the fact that he works for an assassin's organization.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Orc in the Playground

John just stares at Rene for a few moments before saying, "Lady, I have no idea what you're talking about. You trying to scare the other patrons?" Well, that's either weird, or John's just covering up the fact that he works for an assassin's organization.
    [The Front]

"Very good answer, I was hoping there was some professionalism and you just proved it." Rene finishes her drink and gets up off the seat, "I think I will just speak to mangement then. I thank you for your time and hope it isn't the last." She says with a wink as she walks to the backroom that was indicated by the man.
    - La Bamba

-Laotzu

14. - Top - End - #254

[The Front]

"Whatever, miss," John says as Rene goes to the backroom. He's pretty good at seeming like a normal person.

When Rene enters the backroom, she'll see a pretty typical room, except for the elevator doors that have partially replaced one of the walls.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Orc in the Playground

[The Front]

"Simple yet elegant." Rene says to herself and walks into the elevator. Once inside she pushes the button and feels the sensation of going down. While in the elevator she checks her boot sheath for her knife, "Just the little bit of insurance I need." She mutters to herself and then the door dings.
    - La Bamba

-Laotzu

16. - Top - End - #256

[The Front -> Main Room]

That knife probably won't do much, but insurance is good.

The elevator leads down to the lobby. Jane the secretary sits at a desk, typing at a keyboard. Rather than the usual greeting, she just jerks her head at the Operative's office. "You want to join, head in there. You have a contract, same deal."

17. - Top - End - #257
    Orc in the Playground

[Main Room]

Rene just gives her a glance and walks towards the door and pauses for a moment to take a breath and then turns the door knob unsure as to what lays beyond that door.
    - La Bamba

-Laotzu

18. - Top - End - #258

[Operative's Office]

There's not really anything abnormal about the room beyond this door. It's just a regular office. Well, that and there's a ghost sitting at the desk, staring at Rene through the lenses of his gas mask.

"Have a seat. Do you want to join this organization, or purchase a contract?"

How resistant is Rene to psionics? The Operative is going to try and read her mind to learn her real name.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2012-05-08 at 04:37 PM.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Orc in the Playground

There's not really anything abnormal about the room beyond this door. It's just a regular office. Well, that and there's a ghost sitting at the desk, staring at Rene through the lenses of his gas mask.

"Have a seat. Do you want to join this organization, or purchase a contract?"

How resistant is Rene to psionics? The Operative is going to try and read her mind to learn her real name.
    [Operative's Office]

(as resistant as a normal person but even though she puts up no resistance, would look bad for future employers)

Rene takes a seat on the other side of the desk. "Join." A small smile curls across Renes face, "I have spent time in multiple different organizations during my time and will most defintely suited for the type of work. Any paper work will be purely a formality." Rene says with a wave of her hand to reinforce the point.
    - La Bamba

-Laotzu

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Javert moves away before turning back to him. Do not betray me creature. I am more powerful than I look and have the eager worship of a god on my side. Do not make an enemy of me or you will pay the price. You'd be amazed on what I can get done in this town. Javert then sets to leave.

21. - Top - End - #261

[Operative's Office - Rene]

"Do not make assumptions regarding your ability. Your word means little to me." The Operative links his hands together in front of his mask. "Tell me your name."

[Operative's Office - Javert]

The Operative's response is short. "If you value your life, X'anezoth, you will not threaten me again."

22. - Top - End - #262
    Orc in the Playground

"Do not make assumptions regarding your ability. Your word means little to me." The Operative links his hands together in front of his mask. "Tell me your name."

Rene rolls her eyes and sighs, Why don't they just put me on the roster and call it a day Rene thinks to herself as she shifts impatiently in her chair. Might as well play along Rene because you know that you need this job. Your talents are not well appreciated in more civilian careers She thinks to herself by responding to the question that was asked. "Rene The Wallflower Montagne" she says with a roll of her eyes.
    - La Bamba

-Laotzu

23. - Top - End - #263

"And why should I hire you? What makes you different from other dime-a-dozen mercenaries?" For now, the Operative ignores Rene's apparent arrogance for now. Other members were arrogant while still being remotely useful.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Orc in the Playground

"And why should I hire you? What makes you different from other dime-a-dozen mercenaries?" For now, the Operative ignores Rene's apparent arrogance for now. Other members were arrogant while still being remotely useful.
    [Operative's Office]

At that question Rene snaps into focus, a professionalism sets in. "I have been trained in multiple styles of martial arts and gunplay. I snuck into the military at the age of 16 and spent 4 years on the battlefield and after that I quickly became the go to assassin for one of the strongest crime families in my city of birth." Rene stands up and walks to one of the walls, "I have trained myself to be able to kill anyone, anywhere, anytime. They can prepare and plan to stop me but no defense yet has succeeded. Oh and the icing on the cake...I can do this." and Rene's form disappears into the wall with only the faintest outline of her form can be seen.
    - La Bamba

-Laotzu

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

[Operative's Office - Javert]

The Operative's response is short. "If you value your life, X'anezoth, you will not threaten me again."
    Javert chuckles as he leaves, not wanting to lose the last word. "Hehe...I'm already dead.

26. - Top - End - #266

[Operative's Office]

The Operative doesn't appear to be to impressed with Rene's ability to dissolve into the wall. "You're qualified, then. Perhaps not unique, but certainly qualified." He produces a form and places it on the desk. "You will be considered a full member pending a qualification. We need eyes on a demon named X'anezoth. Send us regular reports on him without being discovered." He wanted some surveillance on that particular client, and here was the perfect opportunity.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Orc in the Playground

[Operative's Office]

The Operative doesn't appear to be to impressed with Rene's ability to dissolve into the wall. "You're qualified, then. Perhaps not unique, but certainly qualified." He produces a form and places it on the desk. "You will be considered a full member pending a qualification. We need eyes on a demon named X'anezoth. Send us regular reports on him without being discovered." He wanted some surveillance on that particular client, and here was the perfect opportunity.
    "Well that is good to hear." Rene comes out of the wall. "Of course you wouldn't be impressed, as a ghost this is a common trait for you." Rene mutters to herself as she sits down and takes the form. She flips a pen out of her pocket and writes down the required information as she listens to the ghost tell her who her target is. "So he is in the city?" Rene asks without even looking up from her paper, "and is there anyone you can point me to that has any personal information about this guy or am I suppossed to work from scratch?"

Paperwork:
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Rene "The Wallflower" Montagne
    Species: Human
    Specialization: Covert Assassination, reconaissance
    Power Source: Minor mutation enhanced through rigorous training
    Other Important Information: Does not play well with others as you might have expected by this point.
    - La Bamba

-Laotzu

28. - Top - End - #268

[Operative's Office]

"We know that his preferred form is that of a drow who calls himself Javert. And that he has had some contact with one Magtok. Beyond that, we have very little for you to go off of," the Operative replies. Using telekinesis, he takes Rene's form and files it away on a shelf.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Orc in the Playground

[Operative's Office]

"We know that his preferred form is that of a drow who calls himself Javert. And that he has had some contact with one Magtok. Beyond that, we have very little for you to go off of," the Operative replies. Using telekinesis, he takes Rene's form and files it away on a shelf.
    "That is a good enough start." Rene says as she puts away her pen, "so what do we know about Magtok?" Rene has went into a full professional mode where she is sitting at full focus, the simple promise of actual jobs is enough for her to regain her professional standard again. The ability to have a purpose again is a good feeling for her and even though she isn't killing right now she knows that she can rise through the ranks quick enough.
    - La Bamba

-Laotzu

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[The Front]

It has been some time since she was last seen, and perhaps certain individuals had written her off as dead or lost, but Sarah, of all people, walks through the door without ceremony.

She looks a bit starved, and has deep bags under her eyes, like she hasn't really made any attempt to take care of herself. This image is further cultivated by the fact that her clothes are filthy, her hair is unkempt, and that her ribs would be visible if she were not wearing a shirt.

Also, she's carrying an ancient-looking book splotched with blood.

Assuming that no attempts are made to stop her for some reason, she'll simply walk up to John, order a drink, and proceed to enter the facility. She heads straight for the Operative's office, and knocks on the door.