Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Results 511 to 540 of 753
  1. Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Nai_Calus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Arvandor
    Gender
    Female2Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    Thrull regards Asheroth with the same withering disdain usually reserved for archmages forced to deal with ignorant commoners as he gets to his feet and readies his staff, dropping all pretense of stupidity.

    "I am not worried. I merely observe. And I highly suggest you stop being convinced of our oncoming doom, lest you ensure it with your lack of faith in your own abilities. We'll win through this, and the stories they will tell of this day shall be glorious." He gives a fanged grin that turns into a wide-eyed look of surprise at the appearance of the Shepherd.

    "You must be Shepherd. Thrull hear of you, good things. Glad to know we have mighty warrior on our side." He gives a slight bow. "Now, I'd actually suggest making a break for it in all the chaos you just caused, but be ready to fight anyway because we're going to need to."

    -----

    Suddenly the world is plunged into chaos as a million things go wrong at once.

    Perfect.

    Eltain seizes the glass of poisoned wine and throws it in Zorella's face as she yells, trying to get as much of it in her mouth as he can.

    "Sorry, not my doing at all, but I'll take it." He bounds forward, drawing his sword even as he seizes the succubus, holding it against her throat.

    "My friends will get out of your arena alive. Especially with Shep there to help. I believe in them and I know that Corellon will protect them. Now cooperate, Zorella, or shall I scar you? Tell me where Alluvius and the other people you bastards have been kidnapping from Sigil are." He gives Zyrr a death glare that promises more pain than a drow matron can inflict if the drow doesn't start actually making himself useful rather than trying to betray all his allies and get them murdered for coin.

    (OOC: Eltain is going to try to get things under control here so he can press her for information on where Alluvius and the others are. If he can't, or reinforcements start to show, he's going to dive out the window with her and summon Frank. He's also got an action readied to slit her throat if she does anything he deems stupid.)
    Last edited by Nai_Calus; 2012-08-23 at 07:54 AM.
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    Twitter | Google+ | AIM: iankunx | Skype: Nai.Calus | Y!IM: nai_calus
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

  2. Top - End - #512
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Haberdashery's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    On an island!

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    "That's because it is a mortar and pestle." The Shepherd rubbed gently at his bald head under the hood of his dark gray cloak. "And I must say that I am very bad at flying it." He shrugged with a roll of his shoulders. "But you know what they say. Teach a goat to eat with his hands and no longer will he graze."

    And the Shepherd returned Thrull's bow, a familiar glint in his eyes. And just as he was about to speak, a gust of astral wind caught his cloak, blowing it aside just enough to reveal what he was wearing underneath. It was a lustrous, glossy black, like the skeleton of a beetle's shell, and it framed his willowy shape with smooth, graceful lines--the tails of the tuxedo flapped behind him in the same breeze, and about his neck, a perfectly tied bow-tie was tied. With a suddenly nervous cough, the Shepherd cast his eyes to the side, his face darkening into what could have been a blush of embarrassment, if rocks could blush.

    "...I...ehm. Didn't have time to change."

  3. Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    DM Post

    Zorella sputters as the wine splashes across her face, and soon steam begins rising as Eltain's blade of frost presses against the succubus' hot skin. Zorella's eyes widen for a moment in terror, but as the bearded devil behind Eltain places his glaive against the half-eladrin's neck, she relaxes slightly, even as her eyes occasionally dart to the blade at her neck. "Well, that was unexpected..." she stops for a moment to spit out the last bit of the poisoned drink that had spattered into her mouth, smacking her lips distastefully. "Hmm, apparently Aleksie was right. Sometimes it is better to spit than to swallow." She pauses a moment to snicker to herself, before looking the paladin in the eye.

    "Alluvius? Who says we kidnapped her? We made her a job offer, and she accepted. And trust me, it wasn't cheep. So tell me Eltain, what is your plan? You're surrounded by the legions of hell, your friends are in the arena, your god has abandoned you, and you're all alone in here with me. Even if you kill me, how do you plan on surviving this?" She pauses, and her eyes drift over to Hugo.

    "Dear, I can't help but notice that you aren't leaping up to defend me from your serving boy who is threatening to slit my throat. Is there something I don't know?" Her eyes dart briefly to the now-empty poisoned cup, and back to Zyrr's. The Bearded Devil stays unblinking, its glaive pressed against Eltain even as Eltain's sword of ice is pressed against Zorella.

    -------------------------

    In the arena, Baalzebul has finally recovered his initial shock, and glares down at the group below. "Well...this is an interesting turn. It seems that the challengers have called in reinforcements! Does that seem very fair to you?! The slug lord raises his hands, as the devils cry out at this new turn of events. "Hmm...what shall we do to even the score?"

    -------------


    The Lord of Flies taps the side of his scum-covered head in mock thought, before bringing his fingers together in a wet snack "I know! Since the slaves brought in an additional warrior, why don't we bring in an additional warrior for the 23rd Legion?" The devils, sensing where Baalzebul is headed with this, burst into cheers, chanting out for their favorite champions, but Baalzebul raises his hands to silence them. "It seems I may have dismissed our other guests too early. Perhaps Fersavictorix does deserve to experience this fight first hand!"

    The arena erupts with wild cheers, and a chant quickly rises, entoning the dragon's name as the great wyrm begins circling back towards the arena.

    Baalzebul smiles as the crowds cheer, and looks down at the party. "Now this will truly be entertaining! Any last words before the battle begins?"

    --------------------

    Back in the room, Zorella's eyes go back to Eltain as Baalzebul's voice echoes outside. "Hmm...it sounds like this fight truly is getting interesting. Are you so sure that Corellon will save them?"
    Last edited by Hzurr; 2012-08-23 at 03:18 PM.
    Hzurr
    -------
    Games Currently DMing:
    Adventures in Fallcrest Part 1 Part 2 Part 3
    Adventures in Sigil Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 (ongoing)

    Campaign Wiki

    Twitter Account

    http://dndweekly.com

  4. Top - End - #514
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Mando Knight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    Aramil watches as the massive flying mortar and pestle crash into the arena and a familiar figure steps out. "Hm. Well, it wasn't like the deception was going to work anyway."

    He straightens up and raises his hand. "Very well then. Do you really think a disgraced legion has a chance..." A lightning bolt hits his hand, and he seems to grab it, slashing it into an en guarde position as it coalesces into a blade of Mithrendain steel. "...against a general of the Feywild?"
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2012-08-23 at 06:32 PM.
    Avatar by Mr. Saturn

    Magic... magic never changes

  5. Top - End - #515
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    DM Post

    When Zorella speaks about Alluvius, Zyrr notices that the bearded devil's eyes shift slightly, even as Zorella's face remains calm. You suspect there may be more to this than "we made a job offer."
    Hzurr
    -------
    Games Currently DMing:
    Adventures in Fallcrest Part 1 Part 2 Part 3
    Adventures in Sigil Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 (ongoing)

    Campaign Wiki

    Twitter Account

    http://dndweekly.com

  6. Top - End - #516
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Nai_Calus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Arvandor
    Gender
    Female2Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    Thrull snorts and raises his voice to be heard.

    "Really, now, Fersavictorix, are you going to let yourself be so insulted? One puny stone man, and they claim he's a match for you? Surely such a fight is beneath you. Why, the very legions of hell stand arrayed before you, a glorious target if there ever was one, and they try to order you into fighting a rock, saying he's an even challenge against you. Thrull think that silly! Thrull think devils insult mighty Fersavictorix! Thrull think Fersavictorix should wipe out puny devils with one gust of fire and join us in overthrowing other puny devils who would dare to order him around! Thrull is impressed by mighty Fersavictorix! Thrull want to fight with him, not against him, and bring glorious conquest to world! Come, mighty Fersavictorix! Listen not to puny devils! Fight them and reclaim all the glory that has been yours for millennia!"

    (OOC: I'll do an Eltain post later. I'm not feeling it right now and I'm trying to coordinate with Toric who is currently offline.)
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    Twitter | Google+ | AIM: iankunx | Skype: Nai.Calus | Y!IM: nai_calus
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

  7. Top - End - #517
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DwarfClericGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    Ash closes his eyes and intones a whispered supplication under the roars of the crowd, "Master, hear me. Foes gather around me. They, who have shunned you. Let your infernal favor and power rest upon me. Burn my enemies with your hellfire. In your name I shall slay them. Their souls for mine! Show them Cania is not to be trifled with!"

    As the words issue from Ash's mouth smoke rises from his eyes and his sailor's uniform dissolves from his form. It is replaced by a blood red suit of chainmail armor that materializes from the swirling mist about him. On his shoulders are six demon horns; three on each side that flank his head. The chest piece is imprinted with a tiefling face full of anger. The armguards boast two more horns that curve up toward the elbow. Smoke seems to emanate from the overlapping pieces of armor. In his hand there begins to materialize a blade that appears to be made entirely of fire. But this fire seems more substantial than a hearth or what you might see at the end of a torch. Almost like diaphanous molten metal.

    Ash opens his eyes and surveys the array of devils before him. The circling dragon catches his eye for a moment, but his gaze settles on the pit fiend. He raises his brand and calls out to his opponents, "Oh, Fallen of Dis, your souls will settle my debt! I venture he will revel in your deaths! And should I die today, may it be that he honors my sacrifice!"
    Orsik Vondal
    Dwarven Artificer


    "I make it; you buy it."

  8. Top - End - #518
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    Pavick - Gnome Wizard

    Pavick steps forward toward the dragon, looking up at it with awe. "Wait, wait a second, you're Fersavictorix? THE FERSAVICTORIX? You've torn kingdoms asunder with your claws. Roasted armies with your flames. Feasted on anyone who dared to stand against you. And now you've been put in a cage by an army of devils only to be forced to fight for their amusement? To prove yourself to them? Have they not heard of your greatness? The Fersavictorix in the tales I've been told is too proud a beast to succomb to such a fate. Are you really going to allow that overgrown bag of pus and offal be your puppeteer? Pulling on your strings and watching you dance? Maybe the great tales I've heard were simply dubious bards looking to tell a good story and make a few coins by inflating your deeds." Pavick sighs with disappointment.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Not sure which is appropriate Diplomacy - (1d20+19)[29] or Bluff - (1d20+21)[38], maybe both. Edit: Diplomacy might be because he's trying to convince him to do something. Then again, he's also completely lying. Pavick has no idea who this schmuck is.
    Last edited by dariathalon; 2012-08-23 at 07:54 PM.

  9. Top - End - #519
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Nai_Calus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Arvandor
    Gender
    Female2Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    "No, great tales true! Thrull has heard many tales of mighty Fersavictorix, slayer of kings and destroyer of worlds! Countless mighty warriors have fallen to his cunning and might! Thrull long to fight with mighty Fersavictorix, to serve great dragon who brings so much bloodshed and glory! To spread the tale of Fersavictorix throughout the multiverse, that all who live shall quake in fear at the glory of Fersavictorix! All shall love him! Or all shall perish!"

    -----

    Eltain, to everyone's surprise, laughs as if he's heard the most hilarious thing ever.

    "Why should I care if Corellon saves those pitiful fools? As if I care about them. That miserable drow? I killed him myself." He chuckles. "Hugo here isn't acting because he knows better than to try to interfere with his master. The last time he tried it, it didn't end very well for him." He shifts languidly, pressing himself into Zorella's back even as the hand clutching her against him slides slowly up to her breast.

    "Do call off your minion, my dear. The foreplay is just starting to get interesting. I thought you succubi liked it rough?" he asks as he nuzzles her hair before nibbling seductively on her ear.

    "You really taught me so much, you know. How to be strong instead of being a minion of those blithering idiots. I've longed so much to see you again, you know. I would have come to you to seek power, but I couldn't find you then. But now here you are. I've nothing to do with that obnoxious walking rock showing back up, by the way. Don't worry about him, I'm sure your arrangements will suit just fine." He rubs the succubus in a manner that leaves little to the imagination as to what he'd like to do with her.

    "Now obviously sense says I shouldn't let my guard down until your guard lets his down. So let's have an end to this little stand-off so we can get down to the business we should have gotten to long ago." He gives her a seductive lick and a rather friendly squeeze, his voice a throaty purr.

    OOC: I am having way too much fun with Thrull's BSing. And yes. Eltain just tried to seduce a succubus to buy time/a distraction.
    Last edited by Nai_Calus; 2012-08-23 at 09:25 PM.
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    Twitter | Google+ | AIM: iankunx | Skype: Nai.Calus | Y!IM: nai_calus
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

  10. Top - End - #520
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Toric's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma, where the air elementals carry brooms
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    Hugo stands still, one of his drinks having been torn from his grasp, the other still in his hand. He looks from Zorella, to Eltain, to the Bearded devil. Very slowly, he takes a sip of wine, lets out a deep sigh, and begins to tug at a cigar jutting partially up out of one of his pockets. "I'm beginning to really hate standoffs." In one motion he splashes the wine into the bearded devil's face and draws his "cigar" to stab the Bearded Devil in the shoulder.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Desperate action ahoy! I can only hope my First Action ability gives Eltain some sort of buffer against the readied-action slaughter that killed me off not so long ago. ...That or he survives, but I feel like Nai's tired of me doing nothing. So that's Sand in the Eyes against the Bearded Devil, whom I have combat advantage against since the encounter hasn't really started yet.

    Attack - (1d20+28)[39] vs Reflex.
    Hit: Damage - (1d4+17)[20] + SA - (3d8)[18] and the target is blinded until the end of my next turn.[/roll]
    Avatar gladly adopted from Ink!
    Spoiler
    Show

  11. Top - End - #521
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DwarfClericGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    Ash puts out his hand palm down, fingers spread. He begins chanting in Supernal, "Come forth, Keezul, you are. Serve your true master now, you are. Bound to me you are." The ground under Ash's hand begins to pulse with heat and seethe with a rhythmic beat in time with his chant. "Come forth, Keezul, you are. Serve your true master now, you are. Bound to me you are!" His hand curls into a claw and rises as if he was pulling a heavy chain from the pulsating earth below. "Zatoz aurrera eta zerbitzatu, nire esklabo!"

    Ash clenches his fist and raises it to the sky with a primal howl! From somewhere across the vast congregation of ships, a wail of immense pain and anguish rips through the air like some one was being ripped in two! A moment later a bundle of spines stands next to Ash. And it doesn't look happy.

    "Nnnrrraaaaoooo! Insolent, impudent, inconsiderate! Why did you have to summon me here!? This is so humiliating! How dare y-" Ash lifts a finger and the spined devil falls silent. With the presence of the newcomer Ash seems to grow darker, and his face becomes...less inviting. "Nice to see you too, Keezul."
    Last edited by Orsik Vondal; 2012-08-24 at 10:24 AM.
    Orsik Vondal
    Dwarven Artificer


    "I make it; you buy it."

  12. Top - End - #522
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    DM Post

    The spined devil looks up at Asheroth sullenly, then back into the crowd. *sigh* I had a really good seat too." It turns to snarl at Ash and the rest of the group "Oh, I've been preparing a list of ways I plan to desecrate your bodies once the 23rd legion finishes with you. First on the list involves the bowels of a Otyugh..."

    As Thrull and Pavick speak Fersavictorix alternates between basking in the praise, and fuming in anger as he glares at the devils. "THEY DARE NOT FEAR ME? I AM THE UNSTOPPABLE STORM, I AM THE HEART OF FIRE! NO DEVIL DARES STAND AGAINST ME!!!"

    The Red Dragon turns, and unleashes a blast of flame on the fiends next to him. The squadron of legion devils standing there were instantly immolated, while the two bone devils frantically dive out of the way. One manages to get out of the blast only a bit singed, but the second bone devil is too slow, and moments later he too is reduced to a charred corpse. What was a chain devil is now just a lump of white-hot metal and burnt flesh.

    Fersavictorix gives a low chuckle, and turns to eye the rest of the devils. The Pit Fiend gives a low growl, and tightens his grip on his mace, when a voice calls out.

    "Oh great and powerful Fersavictorix, whose very name brings honor to my tongue, of course we recognize your power and your greatness. Would we have assemble the legions of hell as witness to this event, if it was not to marvel at your power? These creatures before you are trying to turn you against us to save their own skins, but do remember when we first approached you? We brought the gold and jewels of a thousand mortal kingdoms, because we know what you deserve! We gathered the legions of Avernus so they could truly learn what destruction and might is! Those pitiful creatures say that you are our entertainer, but what you truly are is a teacher! A grandmaster in the ways of wrath and might and strength! That is why we showered you with gold and why we now chant your name! Because we long to see your fabled wrath on those pathetic creatures!" The voice comes from an unbelievably gorgeous scarlet skinned human female with a serpantine tail seated next to Baalzebul, wrapped in a cloak of darkness. The familiar look she gives the dragon suggested that they have spent some very personal time together.

    The dragon pauses, even as the fiendish hordes start chanting "Fersavictorix" over and over (a hard thing to chant). It glances down at the corpses at it's feet, but eventually nods and turns its attention back to the party.

    OOC: In addition to Fersavictorix killing several of the devils y'all were about to fight, it will no longer consider the devils "allies" for the purposes of any powers.

    Satisfied that Lilith has calmed the situation, Baalzebul gives a wicked smile. "Let the slaughter begin!"

    As Baalzebul speaks, the crowd roars, and an ice devil on the lead platform pull a lever, and several of the indentions open up, revealing pits of lava beneath! There are a number of other levers, and you assume that lava may not be the only

    MAP
    Spoiler
    Show


    KEY
    Spoiler
    Show


    Initiative

    Shep - J19
    Thrull - O21
    Aramil - N19
    Pavick - I20

    Fersavictorix off-turn
    Pit Fiend off-turn

    Lucan - L21
    Asheroth / Keezul - K19 / L18
    Karlvan - Q19

    Bone Devil - O4
    Fersavictorix - E3
    Legionaire Devil - I2, R2, U6, W6, V7, P9, L10, R10
    Pit Fiend - R6
    Chain Devil - V2, L7
    Cambion - T2, J7, H9, U9


    ---------------------------------------

    Back in the barge, the Bearded Devil clutches his eyes in pain as the potent wine stings them, and momentarily drops his guard. Zorella eyes Eltain "A clever attempt, but changing your story three times in as many minutes makes it a little hard to believe you, however fun it may be. Let's play it safe for the time being, and perhaps later we'll see if you're really going to be as much fun as you're hinting at." With Eltain in close, the Succubus quickly leans in for a quick kiss.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+25)[45] vs. Will
    Hit: Eltain cannot attack Zorella, and thinks that Zorella is his bestest new friend and lover in the world.


    Eltain, caught up in his own charade, embraces the succubus fully, not realizing her magical influence creeping over him. When the passionate kiss finally ends, Eltain steps back and sees the succubus as the single most beautiful creature in existence. The thought that any might try and harm her and destroy such perfection feels like anathema. Truly, when Corellon spoke of being a god of beauty, this is what he meant.
    Last edited by Hzurr; 2012-08-24 at 12:45 PM.
    Hzurr
    -------
    Games Currently DMing:
    Adventures in Fallcrest Part 1 Part 2 Part 3
    Adventures in Sigil Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 (ongoing)

    Campaign Wiki

    Twitter Account

    http://dndweekly.com

  13. Top - End - #523
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    Pavick - Gnome Wizard
    HP 88/88, Surges 8/8
    AC 35, Fort 27, Reflex 31, Will 32
    Invisible to enemies 5 or more squares away


    Seeing the battle was finally beginning, Pavick sprung into action. He muttered a quick well-practiced illusion and flicked his wrist, and suddenly the edges of his form began to loose cohesion. Those closest to him could still see the gnome, but from a distance he completely disappeared.

    He darted to the front of the group. It was a foolhardy move to put himself out there, but he trusted his companions to protect him. It had to be done if he was going to place his spell amongst the devil legion.

    From his new position, Pavick waved his hand over his orb, concentrating on a point next to the pit fiend. Using a series of intricate gestures, Pavick began to weave arcane energy together and suddenly, as if it had been there all along was what had to be Fersavictorix's treasure horde. There was a mound of platinum coins and glittering astral diamonds. It stood almost as tall as the pit fiend himself. Items of such artistic merit that Moradin and Corellon themselves must have completed the work stuck out of the pile: gem encrusted scepters, necklaces dripping with gemstones, rings with jewels so big one that their wearer would have difficult lifting their hand, crystal urns overflowing with residuum, were only a few of the wonders on the surface. The devils' greed called them almost irresistably to the pile.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Minor: Cast Blur. Effect: Until the end of the encounter you gain a +2 power bonus to all defenses, and you are invisible to enemies 5 or more squares away from you. (Already accounted for in the stat lines above.)

    Move: to M15.

    Standard: Visions of Avarice in Q7.
    Area burst 5.
    Effect: The burst creates a zone in its origin square. The zone lasts until the end of your next turn. You then make the primary attack.
    Hit: You pull the primary target up to 4 squares toward the zone. If the primary target is then in the zone or adjacent to it, the primary target is immobilized (save ends, saves are at -4 on their first save, and -2 to saves thereafter).
    Sustain Minor: The zone persists until the end of your next turn, and you make a secondary attack.

    I'll trust you to move as many of the enemies as possible into or adjacent to the zone as possible since I don't know in advance which ones I'll be pulling to state who goes to where.

    Here are the attack rolls against Will. I've declared them by one of the squares that the creature sits on.
    L10 - (1d20+21)[24]
    R10 - (1d20+21)[26]
    P9 - (1d20+21)[34]
    U9 - (1d20+21)[36]
    L7 - (1d20+21)[40]
    V7 - (1d20+21)[41]
    U6 - (1d20+21)[26]
    R6 - (1d20+21)[27]
    O4 - (1d20+21)[31]
    R2 - (1d20+21)[40]
    T2 - (1d20+21)[33]
    V2 - (1d20+21)[41]

  14. Top - End - #524
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Nai_Calus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Arvandor
    Gender
    Female2Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    Thrull Elfkiller - 106/106 - 30/25/28/30

    Thrull growls. Devil wench and her twisted words! If he got out of this alive, someday he was going to end her. In the meantime, however, he and his new allies are in danger.

    "THRULL NOT DIE LIKE FRIENDS. THRULL LIVE. THRULL PROTECT NEW FRIENDS," he roars, pointing his staff at the Pit Fiend. "THRULL NOT LET PUNY, PITIFUL DEVIL LIKE YOU GET IN THRULL'S WAY. THRULL MAKE YOU CRY LIKE LITTLE GIRL WHO LOSE HER DOLL."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move to N17
    Vicious Mockery: (1d20+22)[30] vs Will, on hit (1d6+10)[12] and it takes a -4 penalty to attacks


    -----

    Eltain reacts like lightning as the succubus twists in his arms to try to kiss him, already prepared for this. His sword bites into her neck and the arcane power granted to him by his god shoves her away forcefully.

    "Do you really think a Paladin doesn't know what succubi are capable of? Oh, by the way. I still am one." He grins. "Hugo, get ready."
    Last edited by Nai_Calus; 2012-08-25 at 11:25 AM.
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    Twitter | Google+ | AIM: iankunx | Skype: Nai.Calus | Y!IM: nai_calus
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

  15. Top - End - #525
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Haberdashery's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    On an island!

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    The Shepherd
    AC
    32, Fortitude 27, Reflex 30, Will 35
    HP 103/103; Surges 7/7

    Buffs
    Spoiler
    Show

    If you're within 5 squares of John Barleycorn, you gain a +2 power bonus to all defenses.


    The Shepherd only bowed his head, and gripped his crook firmly between his fingers; he had almost forgotten the feeling of the rough, familiar grain against his skin. It felt like the mountains, and the little green valley--it felt like his little hut, and his flock of fleecy goats--it felt like home.

    The crook in hand, the Shepherd tapped it twice upon the unnatural black sands of the arena, feeling the wind begin to gently swirl about him, and the smell of mist and earth rise to meet his nostrils. And the Shepherd spoke, and his voice was clear and calm.

    "There was three men come out o' the west their fortunes for to try,
    And these three men made a solemn vow, John Barleycorn must die."


    The wind picked up the sands and began to carry them about, sloughing them off like bits of dead skin. Beneath, there was a fresh, earthy color--a rich, moist brown. This new earth began to quiver and roil, as if set a-bubble--a stalk of clay-colored barley shot upwards suddenly, and its long beard hung down. Another shot up beside it, and another.

    "They ploughed, they sowed, they harrowed him in, throwed clods upon his head,
    And these three men made a solemn vow, John Barleycorn was dead."


    And the stalks of barley continued to shoot upwards, until a great scything motion snicker-snacked at their base, and they fell to the ground in a head. The stalks lay quivering on the ground, growing still; and then they burst into a haze of harvest colors. Standing in front of Shep was a tall, reedy man with a beard of barley, and a smell of fermented grain alcohol sticking to him. The old man tilted his strange head, and the Shepherd nodded to him.

    "The devils, they have served you worse than that."

    John Barleycorn clacked his teeth together, and it echoed across the arena; the wind picked up, and carried the old man away, and where he landed, the field began to blossom with a sea of fresh stalks of barley.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Minor Action Call Spirit Companion. We'll call him John Barleycorn.

    Minor Action: Shield of the Immortal Forest. All allies within 5 squares of John Barleycorn gain a +2 power bonus to all defenses (see Buff spoiler). I can end the effect as an immediate interrupt to grant one ally a +6 bonus to defenses against a single attack.

    Standard Action: Claws of the Eagle. Asheroth can make an RBA. If he hits, the enemy grants combat advantage until the end of Shep's next turn. Note, I'm not sure where to put John Barleycorn at the moment, I have no real preference, so Ash can choose what enemy within range he wants to attack, and just put John Barleycorn next to that enemy.
    Last edited by Haberdashery; 2012-08-25 at 01:08 PM.

  16. Top - End - #526
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DwarfClericGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    Asheroth Durant
    AC 32 Fort 30 Ref 27 Will 33
    HP 112 Surges 11/11

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ranged Basic (Eldritch Bolt) against legion devil at L10--atk roll (1d20+20)[21] vs. Ref, on hit (1d10+19)[26] force damage. Put John Barleycorn in M10.
    Orsik Vondal
    Dwarven Artificer


    "I make it; you buy it."

  17. Top - End - #527
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DwarfClericGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    Enraged by his inability to spite the devil standing before him Ash grips the air as if to squeeze the life out of it and begins to yell in pain. He doubles over as from his back two large leathery wings sprout and unfurl like a newborn bat's. They test their mobility and strength. At the same time multiple spikes emerge from Asheroth's legs and arms like a grotesque hedgehog. "Aargh! Hells, that still hurts! But not as much as I'm going to hurt you!" After a moment he stands erect and leaps toward the mass of devils in anger and hate.

    When he lands, another bolt of Eldritch force slices through the air as he brings his firebrand down in a flaming arc.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spined Devil's Boon
    You gain a fly speed of six and any enemy that hits you with a melee attack takes 5 damage.
    Ash flies to N13 and fires another Eldritch Bolt at L10--atk roll (1d20+20)[21], on a hit (1d10+19)[24] force damage.


    edit: "Damn my aim! But let's see who does better with a blade, shall we? Your worthless training in Dis is no match for my master's power!"
    Last edited by Orsik Vondal; 2012-08-26 at 09:59 AM.
    Orsik Vondal
    Dwarven Artificer


    "I make it; you buy it."

  18. Top - End - #528
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    DM Post

    Pavick leaps into action, casting the illusion that had helped him so long ago with a swarm of dretches. It's funny contrasting the two instances. While the dretches had mauled each other trying to get to the illusory treasure, the devils attempt to stride over nonchalantly and causally pick up a few pieces, looking around to make sure no one is watching. When nearly half a dozen of them do this at once, it's rather entertaining. The chain devil, oblivious to anything except the treasure, stumbles right through the lava and is burnt to a crisp.

    Unfortunately, Pavick's luck doesn't extend to the rest of his allies. Thrull's biting words against the Pit Fiend are met with mocking laughter. The Pit Fiend gives a fanged grin to the half-orc. "I once possessed a small girl who had lost her doll. They say that you could see the smoke from her village over 10 miles away once she and I had finished."

    As the Shepherd calls John Barleycorn to the reaping, Asheroth leaps into action attacking the Legion devil once, before flying across the field and attacking again. Both times the devil easily deflects the blasts of eldritch energy with it's shield, and gives a disappointed tsk-ing to Asheroth. Standing this close to the Pit-Fiend, Ash can feel the heat emanating from it, and can hear a challenge from the devil echoing in his mind.

    The Pit Fiend, partially distracted by the lure of the treasure next to it, has to spend a moment to free itself from pull of Pavick's illusory treasure. The dragon, still not entirely happy with the fiends, simply rolls over and laughs at the misfortune of the devils.

    MAP
    Spoiler
    Show



    OOC: Technically, Asheroth wasn't up in initiative yet, Aramil was. So for the time being, I'll just switch the two of them. The Dragon is doing nothing in it's offturn, and the pitfiend will spend it's offturn to end the effects of Pavick's Visions of Avarice on him. Asheroth is marked and technically took 15 fire damage (which he ignored)

    Lucan - L21
    Aramil - N19
    Karlvan - Q19

    Bone Devil - P5 (immobilized)
    Fersavictorix - E3
    Legionaire Devil - I2, R5, U6, W6, T7, Q7 (immobilized), L10, R10
    Pit Fiend - R6
    Chain Devil - V2
    Cambion - S5, J7, H9, R8 (immobilized)
    Last edited by Hzurr; 2012-08-26 at 05:13 PM.
    Hzurr
    -------
    Games Currently DMing:
    Adventures in Fallcrest Part 1 Part 2 Part 3
    Adventures in Sigil Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 (ongoing)

    Campaign Wiki

    Twitter Account

    http://dndweekly.com

  19. Top - End - #529
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2007

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    Lucan - Half-elf bard

    Lucan marches forward, and begins to sing. His bow appears in his hand, as if by magic (or a helpful fairy), but he doesn't use it, not yet. Instead he raises his voice to call to the enemy. "Is this what they want us to fight? It's hardly worth it. They already failed once. And we're fighting the survivors. The cowards who stayed at the back. I suppose they'd tell us their the most powerful, the toughest or the fastest who could dodge every blow. But have you seen how fat that pit fiend is. The only way you could miss him is if he hid behind a bigger devil."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Minor
    Skald's Aura

    Move
    Move up beside Pavick

    Standard
    Use Satire of Evasion on Pit Fiend
    Attack v Will - (1d20+20)[22]
    Damage - (2d6+14)[19]
    On hit, affected by Satire of Evasion (save ends). Each time an ally misses an attack vs the pit fiend, he can roll again.
    On miss, half damage, and Satire of Evasion lasts until my next turn.

  20. Top - End - #530
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    DM Post

    Zorella looks up at Eltain from her position on the ground. "A pity. You would have enjoyed the power Graz'zt would have given you." With that, she gives a loud scream that echoes through the barge, and you hear the various conversations throughout the ship go silent. As the Bearded devil finally regains his sight, Zorella gives another brief smile to you, before again screaming Spies have infiltrated the barge! Kill them for Graz'zt's favor!"


    OOC: Ok, right now you're in a small 10 ft square chamber & the walls are made of curtains. To either side of you are additional chambers of a similar size/make, but you can't be certain who or what is in them. Directly in front of you is a large window looking out over the arena. 15 squares away, 100 squares down to the arena surface. There are at least 2 exits off this deck. The main stairway leading up to the top deck is closest (about 30 feet), but that'll take you through the bulk of the devils milling about on this floor. The kitchen door is down the hall (40 ft) and there's a stairway there, but it's unclear where it leads. Sorry for the lack of a map. Both of y'all will get to act in this initiative block before the devils on the barge go.
    Last edited by Hzurr; 2012-08-26 at 11:49 PM.
    Hzurr
    -------
    Games Currently DMing:
    Adventures in Fallcrest Part 1 Part 2 Part 3
    Adventures in Sigil Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 (ongoing)

    Campaign Wiki

    Twitter Account

    http://dndweekly.com

  21. Top - End - #531
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Toric's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma, where the air elementals carry brooms
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    Karlvan 133/133 HP 15/15 Surges
    36 AC, 31 Fort, 25 Ref, 24 Will


    The burly dwarf grins gleefully as the lava is exposed. He runs past Asheroth, joyfully exclaiming "Yar, magma! A dwarven armorsmith's best friend!"

    To demonstrate, as his stubby legs carry him past the tiefling he dips the head of his hammer in a lava pool, causing it to drip molten rock as he carries it to the side. With a gravelly battle cry he shrugs two devils out of the way before slamming his hammer into the pit fiend's leg, causing magma to splatter across its feet. Even though the molten rock may not cause the fiend actual harm, it cools rather quickly into a pair of cement sandals that hamper the beast's mobility.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Minor Action: Activating my Defend the Line stance.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Until the stance ends, whenever you hit an enemy with a melee basic attack using a weapon, that enemy is slowed until the end of your next turn.

    Move Action: Bolstering Stride to move 7 squares up to O12, and Karlvan gains If Miss - (1d20+23)[31]
    Standard Action: Charging to Q8 to attack the Pit Fiend with an MBA.
    If Miss - (1d20+23)[25] If miss, rerolling due to Lucan's Satire [roll2] Hit: [roll3] (with Brutal 2 due to using a craghammer), he's Rattled (-2 penalty to attack rolls until End of Next Turn) and he's Slowed until End of Next Turn.

    Action Point for another Standard Action: Inexorable Advance. Two attacks, both against the Pit Fiend.
    [roll4] If Miss - (1d20+23)[31] Hit: [roll5] and the above two effects.
    [roll6] If Miss - (1d20+23)[25] Hit: [roll7] and the above two effects.


    (OOC: Ignore the crunch section here, it got horribly maimed. Keeping the spoiler for posterity. I forgot just how badly previewing can devastate a post's rolls.)
    Last edited by Toric; 2012-08-27 at 11:31 AM.
    Avatar gladly adopted from Ink!
    Spoiler
    Show

  22. Top - End - #532
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Toric's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma, where the air elementals carry brooms
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    (Actual crunch results of the above post due to the preview function eating my first attempt.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Minor Action: Activating my Defend the Line stance.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Until the stance ends, whenever you hit an enemy with a melee basic attack using a weapon, that enemy is slowed until the end of your next turn.

    Move Action: Bolstering Stride to move 7 squares up to O12, and Karlvan gains Temp HP - (2d8+6)[12]
    Standard Action: Charging to Q8 to attack the Pit Fiend with an MBA.
    Attack - (1d20+24)[37] If miss, rerolling due to Lucan's Satire Attack - (1d20+24)[41] Hit: Damage - (2d10+24)[6][4](34) (with Brutal 2 due to using a craghammer), he's Rattled (-2 penalty to attack rolls until End of Next Turn) and he's Slowed until End of Next Turn.

    Action Point for another Standard Action: Inexorable Advance. Two attacks, both against the Pit Fiend.
    Attack1 - (1d20+23)[41] If Miss - (1d20+23)[35] Hit: Damage - (1d10+24)[1](25) and the target is Rattled. (damage changed to 34)
    Attack2 - (1d20+23)[26] If Miss - (1d20+23)[28] Hit: Damage - (1d10+24)[1](25) and the target is Rattled. (damage changed to 29)

    If both the charge MBA and one or both of the Inexorable Advance attacks hit, the Pit Fiend is knocked prone in addition to being Slowed.
    Last edited by Toric; 2012-08-27 at 11:52 AM.
    Avatar gladly adopted from Ink!
    Spoiler
    Show

  23. Top - End - #533
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Toric's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma, where the air elementals carry brooms
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    Hugo clenches his teeth in agony as the scream grates across his brain like steel on glass.

    "Well that's our cue to leave!" he abruptly announces, tossing a flask to Eltain before grabbing his wine bottle and rolling down under one of the curtains.

    (Not sure what action this is, but tossing Eltain a Potion of Vitality. Move action to move, slide, crawl, whatever under the curtain and into another room. Can't do much else until I know what Zyrr's gotten himself into.
    Avatar gladly adopted from Ink!
    Spoiler
    Show

  24. Top - End - #534
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Nai_Calus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Arvandor
    Gender
    Female2Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    Eltain looks at Zorella from by the window as his clothing shifts back to his normal ornate plate armor, cursing inwardly as Zyrr darts away. No time to retrieve him now, he'd just have to fight his own way through. He'd probably approve anyway.

    "I enjoy the power that Corellon gives me. A pity you'll never experience it, and that your beauty will be forever marred by the internal ugliness of evil." He makes a quick, odd motion with his hands and suddenly vanishes.

    Spoiler
    Show

    You know, I don't think the rules actually cover handing something to someone.
    Minor: Return Impostor's Armor to being armor since I've a feeling I'm going to need it very soon now.
    Standard: Call Celestial Steed, summoning Frank down a couple squares outside the window.
    Move: Ethereal Stride, teleporting onto Frank and gaining +2 to all defenses until the end of my next turn.
    Last edited by Nai_Calus; 2012-08-27 at 09:47 PM.
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    Twitter | Google+ | AIM: iankunx | Skype: Nai.Calus | Y!IM: nai_calus
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

  25. Top - End - #535
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Mando Knight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    Aramil
    HP 136/136 Surges 10/10, 34
    AC 38 Fort 28 Ref 32 Will 29

    Pausing a moment to take stock of how brashly the others intended on attacking, Aramil speaks a short word of power, giving his skin a ferrous sheen, and then walks forward and teleports into the fray. Slashing at the Pit Fiend, he then unleashes tendrils of lightning, pulling any fiend they catch.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Minor: Ironskin: Resist 5 all until the end of the encounter.
    Move: Walk to O14
    Move: Fey Step to T8. MBA on the Pit Fiend:
    Attack vs AC - (1d20+23)[28]
    Satire of Evasion - (1d20+23)[25]
    Damage - (1d8+16)[20]

    Action Point: Ensnaring Bolts, bottom corners at U7 and Q7. Attacks vs Ref
    Pit Fiend - (1d20+20)[40] (Satire - (1d20+20)[25])
    Osyluth - (1d20+20)[39]
    Q7 - (1d20+20)[36]
    R5 - (1d20+20)[25]
    S5 - (1d20+20)[24]
    T7 - (1d20+20)[31]
    U6 - (1d20+20)[34]
    Learned Action Reroll - (1d20+20)[27]
    Hit: Lightning Damage - (1d10+13)[21] and pull 2.

    Stats above include modifier for Cloak of Translocation and Veteran's Armor.
    Avatar by Mr. Saturn

    Magic... magic never changes

  26. Top - End - #536
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    DM Post


    As Lucan marches forward, his voice raises above the sounds of battle, his biting words digging into the pit fiend as the onlooking devils whoop and holler at Lucan's brashness. The Fiendish General is able to shrug off most of the enchantment, but Lucan's words bolster his allies, directing their attacks against the general of Dis

    Karlvan strides forward, surrounding his hammer with molten rock before breaking that rock against the Pit Fiend's arm and chest, knocking the huge devil to the ground. When the Pit Fiend goes down, the crowd roars in excitement over what they thought would be a boring fight.

    OOC: Karlvan can spend a minor action to make a diplomacy or intimidate check DC28 to try and win over the crowd. Success is either a +2 to hit or a +5 to damage

    Aramil, lightning blade ready, blinks across the field to strike at the downed pit fiend, but the flaming mace comes up just in time to block it. Lightning lashes out from the blade, striking the pit fiend, the bone devil, and several near by legion devils, dropping some of them where they stood.

    As the devils prepare to spring into action, the pit fiend holds up one hand. "Hold..." and the devils immediately freeze. The dragon, however, takes no such orders from any devil, and flies over to the middle of the canals of lava. Noticing that Asheroth had avoided the flames of the Pit Fiend, the Fersavictorix gives a laugh. "So, you think you know heat, little tiefling? Let's see... and unleashes a focused stream of fire that seers away the very blessings of Mephistopheles on Asheroth, leaving him vulnerable to flames for possibly the first time in his life.

    Once the flames around Asheroth die down, the dragon takes a deep breath before unleashing another wide blast of flame, catching the tiefling as well as Pavick and Lucan in the blast.

    As the Dragon's firey barrage finishes, The Pit Fiend snaps his fingers, teleporting the bone devil and one of the Legion Devils down to the lower half of the arena. With a yellow-fanged grin, the pit fiend points at the legion devil now standing next to Asheroth's summoned companion, and speaks a word of power. The devil explodes in a fountain of gore, blasting Pavick, Lucan, Shep, Thrull, Keezul, and even Fersavictorix.

    The Pit Fiend glances up at the dwarf and eladrin looming over him, and strikes out at the dwarf who dared knock him to the ground with both his mace and his barbed poisonous tail.

    The bone devil, thrilled to be in the middle of so many delectable targets takes a moment to try and raise the crowd before turning its wrath on the wizard that tempted it with such treasures. The nimble gnome is too fast, quickly ducking out of the swipe of both claws. Just being in the presence of the bone devil is enough to shake even the bravest of you, making your hands wobble slightly around your swords and implements (OOC: The Bone devil has an aura of fear 2, take a -2 penalty to attacks)

    Almost without thinking, the bone devil's lashing tail flies backwards and tries to sweep Asheroth off his feet and into the lava.

    The chain devil moves up, and attempts to lash Aramil in chains to hold the slippery Eladrin in place.

    As one, the Legion devils move forward, and attack Karlvan and Asheroth, while the Cambions launch mystical bolts at Aramil and Karlvan, and Aramil throws up a protective shield around Asheroth to soften the blow.

    Up atop the barge, you see the workers scrambling to move a new set of levers. You sense the terrain may be changing soon.

    MAP
    Spoiler
    Show


    Initiative

    Shep - J19 - 22 damage
    Thrull - O21 - 22 damage
    Asheroth - N12 73 damage - bloodied (10 ongoing fire (save ends) + 36 + 22 + 10 +12 -7 (aramil's shielding) marked by Pit Fiend + no fire resistance (save ends))
    Pavick - I20 40 damage (18 + 22)

    Fersavictorix off-turn
    Pit Fiend off-turn

    Lucan - L21 - 58 damage - bloodied - (36 + 22 damage)
    Aramil - N19 - 17 damage (10 (aura) + 7, marked by Pit Fiend)
    Karlvan - Q19 - 85 damage - bloodied (15 (aura) + 34 + 25 ongoing poison & weakend (save ends both) + 36, marked by Pit Fiend, loses a healing surge)

    Bone Devil - N13 (23)
    Fersavictorix - H12
    Legion Devil - Q7, Q9, M11, N11
    Pit Fiend - R6 (108 = 9 (Lucan) +32 +34 (Karlvan) + 33 (Aramil) slowed, rattled, prone)
    Chain Devil - V2
    Cambion - T2, J7, H9, R8 (immobilized)

    Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Fersavictorix
    Immolation vs. Asheroth:
    (1d20+24)[27] vs. Reflex
    Damage: (1d10+31)[32] fire + 20 ongoing fire (save ends)
    Miss: Half damage, 10 ongoing (save ends)
    Hit or Miss: Asheroth & every creature adjacent to him loses fire resistance (save ends)
    Recharge: (1d6)[6]

    Action Point
    Breath Weapon
    vs. Ash's Reflex (1d20+24)[35]
    vs. Pavick's Reflex (1d20+24)[26]
    vs. Lucan's Reflex (1d20+24)[40]
    Damage" (4d12+12)[36]
    Miss: Half
    recharge: (1d6)[5]

    Pit Fiend:
    Irresistable Command:
    Damage to Pavick, Lucan, Thrull, Keezul, Shep, & Fersavictorix
    (3d10+9)[22] fire damage

    Flame-touched Mace:
    (1d20+23)[27] vs Karlvan's AC (includes penalties for prone/rattled)
    Damage: [roll]2d10 + 15[/roll] damage & ongoing 10 fire (save ends)

    Tail Sting
    (1d20+21)[40] vs Karlvan's Fort (includes penalties for prone/rattled)
    Damage: (6d6+10)[34] damage & ongoing 25 poison & weakened (save ends both)

    Bone Devil:
    Appealing to the crowd (1d20+14)[27] vs DC 28 - Success +2 to hit til EoNT
    Double Claw Attack on Pavick:
    vs AC (1d20+23)[27] (3d6+16)[33] & vulnerable 5 til EoNT
    vs AC (1d20+23)[24] (3d6+16)[28] & vulnerable 5 til EoNT
    If both hit: Tail Sting vs Fort: (1d20+21)[24] Damage: (1d8+22)[29] & ongoing 10 poison & -4 penalty to will (save ends both)

    Lashing Tail:
    vs. Asheroth's Ref (1d20+19)[37] - 10 damage & slid one square into the lava.

    Chain Devil:
    Hellish Chains vs. Aramil's Ref (1d20+20)[22]
    Damage: 12 & Aramil is restrained (save ends)

    Legion Devils
    Q7 - vs Karlvan's AC (1d20+23)[34] (includes CA) Damage 12 (+6 if Karl moves)
    Q9 - vs Karlvan's AC (1d20+23)[25] (includes CA) Damage 12 (+6 if Karl moves)
    M11 - vs Asheroth's AC (1d20+21)[33] Damage: 12 (+6 fire if Ash moves)
    N11 - vs Asheroth's AC (1d20+21)[36] Damage: 12 (+6 fire if Ash moves)

    Cambion Warcasters
    T2 - 2 attacks vs Aramil's Ref
    #1 (1d20+22)[29] 12 necrotic damage
    #2 (1d20+22)[35] 12 necrotic damage
    - if both hit, Aramil loses a healing surge

    J7 - 2 attacks vs Karlvan's Ref
    #1 (1d20+22)[42] 12 necrotic damage
    #2 (1d20+22)[39] 12 necrotic damage
    - if both hit, Karlvan loses a healing surge

    H9 - 2 attacks vs Karlvan's Ref
    #1 (1d20+22)[36] 12 necrotic damage
    #2 (1d20+22)[23] 12 necrotic damage
    - if both hit, Karlvan loses a healing surge

    R8 - vs Karlvan's AC
    (1d20+21)[25] 8 damage
    Last edited by Hzurr; 2012-08-28 at 01:04 PM.
    Hzurr
    -------
    Games Currently DMing:
    Adventures in Fallcrest Part 1 Part 2 Part 3
    Adventures in Sigil Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 (ongoing)

    Campaign Wiki

    Twitter Account

    http://dndweekly.com

  27. Top - End - #537
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Haberdashery's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    On an island!

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    The Shepherd
    AC
    34*, Fortitude 29*, Reflex 32*, Will 37*
    HP 81/103; Surges 7/7

    *Augmented due to being within 5 squares of John Barleycorn

    Buffs
    Spoiler
    Show

    If you're within 5 squares of John Barleycorn, you gain a +2 power bonus to all defenses (currently Ash, Shep, Pavick, Lucan, and Thrull).

    If you're in L15, M15, N15, L14, M14, N14, L14, M14, or N14 (currently Pavick and Lucan), you gain cover, and at the start of your turn, Shep can slide you 3 squares whenever you like.

    Asheroth: 6 temporary hit points.


    The field of sprouting barley followed John Barleycorn wherever he moved, bursting through the ugly sands--a tide of clay-colored bearded stalks. His muddy bare feet slapped soundlessly, a wide grin on his mouth, and the barley trailed behind him.

    Crook in hand, Shep sprung into action just as John Barleycorn moved, the two of them circling their swarming prey like twin wolves. The Shepherd skidded to a halt before the great dragon, and he stared up at it, tall and willowy-straight. The Astral Sea above began to rumble, and dark clouds began to form above John Barleycorn's shaggy head; he clacked his brown teeth, and the clouds burst into a deluge of fresh, angry rain. And as the rain poured down, the Shepherd opened his palm flat, and placed it against Fersavictorix's long snout. He did not pull back, he only slammed forwards with a burst of sudden strength.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move Action: Shep will move to K16, and John Barleycorn will move to M12. Since John is a conjuration, the fire will not affect him.

    Minor Action: Healing Spirit. Lucan can spend a healing surge and regain hit points equal to his healing surge value + 6, and Ash will regain (4d8)[19] hit points, and gain 6 temporary hit points.

    Standard Action: Memories of Wind and Rain
    Attack vs. M11 Devil's Reflex: (1d20+21)[28]
    Attack vs. N11 Devil's Reflex: (1d20+21)[39]
    Attack vs. Ice Devil's Reflex: (1d20+21)[25]

    If any of those attacks hit, Shep will use a free action to use Centered Flurry of Blows, causing Fersavictorix to take 8 damage, and be slid one square into L11-L13 so that he's adjacent to John Barleycorn. Should this happen, he'll also get hit by Memories of Wind and Rain.

    Attack vs. Fersavictorix's Reflex: (1d20+21)[26]
    Damage for all attacked: (2d6+13)[20] damage. If the target is a devil, it takes (2d6)[7] extra damage.
    Effect: The burst creates a zone that lasts until the end of my next turn. Any enemy that ends its turn in the zone is dazed until the end of its next turn. Also, Ash can slide 1 square wherever he chooses. John Barleycorn then disappears.

    Free Action: Call Spirit Companion to put John Barleycorn back where he was before he disappeared.

    I'd like to spend an action point, but I want to see the result of my attacks first before I do it.
    Last edited by Haberdashery; 2012-08-28 at 03:07 PM.

  28. Top - End - #538
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Haberdashery's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    On an island!

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    The rains continued to fall upon the arena, drenching those beneath them and wetting and darkening the sands. The sands began to twist and shift between the combatant's feet, and little sprouts of green poked leafy heads from between the grains. They shot upwards, quick and strong, the rain above encouraging them onwards, until a copse of fresh, deep green trees stood in the midst of the fiendish arena, filling the air with the scent of mist and morning dew.

    Spoiler
    Show

    So since I hit pretty much one enemy only, I can still slide Fersavictorix, and therefore he's where I want him to be.

    Action Point: Asheroth regains 6 hit points due to Mending Spirit.
    Standard Action: Tree Father's Bounty
    Attack vs. Fersavictorix's Reflex: (1d20+21)[35]
    Attack vs. Ice Devil's Reflex: (1d20+21)[31]
    Damage: (4d6+13)[30] +5 from Aramil's Resourceful Leader
    Miss: Half damage.
    Effect: A burst 1 centered on M14 becomes a zone until the end of the encounter. The zone is difficult terrain for enemies, and allies gain cover in it. Also, when an ally starts its turn in the zone, Shep can slide them 3 squares (meaning just slide 3 squares wherever you want when you start your turn).
    Last edited by Haberdashery; 2012-08-28 at 02:48 PM.

  29. Top - End - #539
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DwarfClericGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    Asheroth Durant
    AC 32 Fort 30 Ref 27 Will 33
    HP 39 Surges 11/11
    Keezul
    AC 32 Fort 30 Ref 27 Will 33
    HP 34

    The dragon's breath sears Ash's skin, and for the second time in his life he knows what it feels like to burn. The moment lingers and Ash knows it would behoove him to put some distance between the dragon and himself. Distance or, at least, devils.

    When the bone devil's tail collides with his chest, Ash recalls the position of the lava pit and instinctively braces himself with his blade. I know your schemes, devil. They will not avail you this time. "Now, Keezul!" At that same moment Keezul unleashes a volley of darts from his arsenal of spines at the bone devil. Ash instinctively ducks as Keezul's aim tends to be "off" when Ash is near the target. "I'll never hear the end of this, you slime from a mind-flayers brain goo! Oh, the indignities I shall heap upon your lifeless corpse when they are through with you." "Silence, Keezul! I swear I'll find a way to banish you to some remote demiplane filled with Pelor clerics one day!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Keezul takes Ashes opportunity action to fire a spine at the bone devil, who ended its turn adjacent to Ash.
    Attack vs. Ref on the bone devil- (1d20+22)[36] on a hit 5 damage.


    The legion devils, like clockwork, coordinate their attacks to maximize their tactical supremacy. Ash, still reeling from the dragon's blast and Keezul's backtalk gets clipped by the fiends' blades. Luckily, the devils lunge a bit too far. Ash takes advantage of the miscalculation and jams a spike protruding from his forearm into the chest of the first hapless legionnaire and in one fluid motion rips his arm backward allowing the gaping hole in the devil's upper torso to spew infernal blood over his armor. Then with a grunt of devilish glees stabs the other devil in the eye with a spike from his elbow. A sneer of delight meets the surprised face of the second fiend. "So close. Yet so far."

    As the stalks of barley rise up around his feet, Ash can feel the healing power contained within. He breathes in the fresh scent of grain and regains his composure after the dragon's onslaught. Suddenly, the winds begin to pick up around John Barleycorn, and Ash spreads his wings to ride the draft to a safer position away from the dragon's reach. He slides past the dead bodies of the two fallen legion devils and gives a slight smirk at his handiwork.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Asheroth Durant
    AC 32 Fort 30 Ref 27 Will 33
    HP 64+6 temp Surges 11/11
    And Ash slides to O11.


    On the heels of the wind Ash extends his wings and pushes off the ground to regain his footing. He then turns his attention to the disgraced General of Dis. He takes in a deep breath and steels himself for the tough fight before him letting Lucan's song wash away his temporary pain.

    Ash springs from the ground at an incredible speed toward the prone pit fiend. With a yell of rage he brings his sword down upon the devil in two powerful strokes.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: Ash stands.
    Minor action: Ash will use Lucan's aura to spend a healing surge (28) + 10 HP
    Asheroth Durant
    AC 32 Fort 30 Ref 27 Will 33
    HP 102+6 temp Surges 10/11
    Standard action: Ash charges the pit fiend moving through P11>Q11>R11>S10>S9>S8 and uses Soul Eater as a MBA.

    Attack vs. Pit Fiend's AC: (1d20+24)[43] on a hit he takes (1d12+20)[29] fire and necrotic damage; his fire resist is decreased by 5 til EOE; Ash gets a +2 bonus to hit him til EONT.

    And I will wait to see what his first hit does before I action point.
    Orsik Vondal
    Dwarven Artificer


    "I make it; you buy it."

  30. Top - End - #540
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DwarfClericGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Action Point-Standard action: Soul Eater
    Attack vs. Pit Fiend's AC: (1d20+25)[26] on a hit he takes (1d12+25)[32] fire and necrotic damage; his fire resist is decreased by another 5 (10 so far) til EOE; Ash gets a +2 bonus to hit him til EONT.
    Orsik Vondal
    Dwarven Artificer


    "I make it; you buy it."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •