New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

Thrull - 84/106 - 30/25/28/30

Thrull hears the cries of pain from around the battlefield. Bah, that dwarf has no appreciation for music, but an ally is an ally. He raises his voice in song and healing magic flows across the arena to soothe his wounded comrade.

So many troublesome things! Well, that Pit Fiend is rather an annoyance. Thrull composes a quick limerick, imbuing it with magic to make the Pit Fiend laugh.

"There once was a Pit Fiend from Dis,
    Who liked to visit the Abyss
    He found demons witty,
    They made him feel pretty
    Now he's got him a Marilith miss.
    "

He winces and mutters "Damnably poor verse..."

He then quickly levels his staff at Fersavictorix, the Pit Fiend and the Bone Devil in turn, singing a lively tune.

"Now, now, enough fighting! Let's all be friends and dance together!"

Spoiler
    Show

Minor: Majestic Word on Karlvan: Surge + (3d6+6)[16] HP and 6 temp HP and he can slide 1 square.

Standard: Hideous Laughter on Pit Fiend: (1d20+22)[36] vs Will.
    On hit: (3d8+10)[19] psychic damage, and the target can’t take opportunity actions and takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls (save ends both).
    Aftereffect: The target can’t take opportunity actions (save ends).
    Miss: Half damage, and the target can’t take opportunity actions until the end of your next turn.

Action Point: Strike Up The Dance:
    vs Fersavictorix: (1d20+20)[24] vs Will
    vs Pit Fiend: (1d20+20)[36] vs Will
    vs Bone Devil: (1d20+20)[30] vs Will
    On hit: (2d10+10)[22] psychic damage, and you slide the target 5 squares at the start of its turn and it is immobilized (save ends both). Until it saves, the target cannot take move actions on its turn. If you target only one creature with this power, you deal 1d10 extra damage.
    Miss: Half damage, and you slide the target 5 squares at the start of its next turn and it is immobilized until the end of its next turn.
    Last edited by Nai_Calus; 2012-08-28 at 11:30 PM.
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    Twitter | Google+ | AIM: iankunx | Skype: Nai.Calus | Y!IM: nai_calus
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Ogre in the Playground

Double post to spawn new page.
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Action Point-Standard action(re-roll): Soul Eater
    Attack vs. Pit Fiend's AC: (1d20+25)[41] on a hit pit fiend takes (1d12+25)[33] fire and necrotic damage; his fire resist is decreased by another 5 (10 so far) til EOE; Ash gets a +2 bonus to hit him til EONT.
    "How could a man go through life with so little? Nothing of permanence, nothing built up to leave behind him. Nothing to testify to his existence at all. The kind of man who isn't focused on his own existence, I guess. The kind of man who cares more about others than he does himself..."--Harry Dresden, from Ghost Story

Nosce te ipsum

4. - Top - End - #544
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Pavick – Gnome Wizard
    HP 48+37=85/88, Surges 7/8
    AC 35, Fort 27, Reflex 31, Will 32
    Invisible to enemies 5 or more squares away, Cover from Shep’s zone.

Pavick waves his hand over his orb with a quick gesture, and the mountain of treasure sparkles, renewing its sirens call to devils and dragon alike.

As some of his enemies run over to revel in the luster of the treasure, Pavick takes the moment to pat out the tiny flames licking at the cuff of his robes. Subconsciously, the patting takes the rhythm of Lucan’s song, and he is quickly refreshed by the upbeat melody.

When he looks up, the bone devil still stands before him. "Time to try something a little different," he thinks, then a seductive smile curls his lips. "You know, I’m a wizard, and I detected magic the moment I saw you. Judging by that immovable rod in your belt pouch, you feel the same. What do you say after we finish all this, you give me a little bit of that lovely tail." He winks and the amulet around his neck briefly glows with a faint reddish light.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor: Sustain VoA. Attacks vs. Will all around to pull back into the center. I’m applying CA to the ones I think Pavick hit last round, if I’m wrong about which ones I hit, feel free to adjust with +/-2 as needed.
    L12 - (1d20+21)[30]
    M11 - (1d20+21)[34]
    N11 - (1d20+21)[29]
    Q10 - (1d20+23)[24]
    R9 - (1d20+23)[26]
    Q7 - (1d20+23)[30]
    S6 - (1d20+23)[25]
    V6 - (1d20+21)[38]
    T3 - (1d20+21)[39]

Minor: Use Lucan’s aura to regain a hp - (4d6+22)[34] (Edit: +3 more, see DS's OOC post.)

Standard: Trigger the item daily from the Amulet of Seduction on the bone devil. Attack vs. Will - (1d20+19)[28] Hit: The target cannot attack you (save ends). While this effect lasts, if the target is adjacent to you when you are targeted by a melee or ranged attack, the target interposes itself (as an immediate interrupt) and becomes the target of the attack instead. If the target takes damage from any source, the effect of this power ends. He’ll also take a -4 penalty to the first saving throw.
    Last edited by dariathalon; 2012-08-29 at 10:47 PM.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

--------- Zyrr -----------

Emerging under a curtain, Zyrr looks up to find himself in a curtained room slightly larger than the one he just left. On his knees, Zyrr finds himself eye-level with a table covered in dark parchment. Sitting on one end of the table directly to Zyrr's left is a crimson red devil with cloven hoofs, two curled spiked horns, and golden spectacles balanced on the end of a hooked nose. On the opposite end of the table to Zyrr's right is a Duergar, a pen in his hand still dripping with ink. The two were apparently in the middle of some sort of discussion about the documents on the table when Zyrr burst into the room, and now they simply stare at him silently. Beyond the table, Zyrr can see the open window looking out on the battle below. The curtain on the far side of the room has been pulled back into the adjoining chamber, where Zyrr can clearly see an alu-fiend bathing in a massive translucent tub of amber. The half-succubus looks to be literally bathing in blood, poured steaming from a vase carried by two imps while a third imp scrubs the alu-fiend's back with an infernal loofa.

The spectacled devil, duergar, and alu-fiend all look at Zyrr in confusion, even as Zorella's screams from the next room reverberate in the barge.

---------- Eltain -----------

Outside the barge, Eltain falls for a moment before the winged pegamule swoops down below him, catching the paladin mid-air. Far below him, Eltain can see the battle between his friends and the devils raging, but a number of eyes in the crowd have turned his way as the brilliant white wings of a celestial mount appear.

A female tiefling on a nearby spelljammer, a captain by the look of it, motions to a flock of hellwasps perched on the side of her ship, and points towards Eltain with a grin. The winged creatures click their mandibles together excitedly before launching after the paladin, their wings creating a low buzzing sound that fills the area.

OOC: Ok, Eltain has a few options.

1) You can head straight down into the battle below, & you'll simply enter into that battle at the start of the next rounds.

2) You can attempt to out-maneuver the hellwasps if you're headed somewhere in particular (the Jammer, out of the infernal fleet, another specific ship if you're looking for it, etc.). This will be either an acrobatics or a nature check (to get frank to go where you want him). Moderate DC

3) You're a big scary paladin. You can try and prove to the hellwasps that you're a larger danger than disobeying their captain is. This'll be an intimidate check. This'll be a hard DC, but plays more into your skills

4) Fight them. If you want to go this route, it'll be similar to the Tangle encounter where you'll be trying to hit a certain ability score. Hitting with an at-will attack is 1/2 a success, hitting with an encounter attack is 1 success, hitting with a daily attack is 2 successes. The more successful you are, the better off you'll be. You're trying to hit: AC 32, Fortitude 28, Reflex 30, Will 27

------- Arena Fight ------------

The Shepherd springs into action with John Barleycorn, plants blooming on the black sand wherever the two stepped. Yet even as the Shepherd pummels the bone devil, one of his attacks against Fersavictorix goes wide, and the dragon takes the opportunity to smash Shep with his tail, knocking the goliath loopy (24 damage, vulnerable 10 all).

Asheroth, after taking advantage of Keezul's spines to dispatch the nearby devils, stands up and charges the disgraced general, but not before feeling the burn from the cursed blades of the legion devils (49 damage including aura). However, the enchantment from Lucan holds true as Ash's blade digs into the Pit Fiend's side twice, and the general of Dis lets out a grunt of pain.

As the Half-Orc Thrull begins his poem. As the words drift in the air, the Pit Fiend gives a deep, mocking laugh at the ridiculous attempts of the half-orc. But for some reason, the laugh doesn't stop. It continues, building into a deep, demonic belly-laugh that grows and grows, even as the Pit Fiend's eyes fill with hatred.

If that weren't enough insult, the half-orc pulls out a fiddle and begins playing! Everyone knows that devils cannot resist good fiddle playing, and before long both the Pit Fiend and the Bone Devil are tapping their feet in rythym, and the fiendish audience in attendance begins clapping in time to the beat. The sheer psychic strain looks to be too much for the Bone Devil, and you see black pus start to ooze out of its pores.

Pavick spends a quick moment to sustain the illusion of the treasure, but when he turns his wiles on the bone devil, the bone devil looks down at the gnome awkwardly "I'm sorry, I'm very flattered, but I'm already in a committed relationship." The bone devil hisses, before leaning down to look the gnome in the eye. "With your spleen, that is. I think I'll be seeing it soon."

The Dragon, roaring in fury that these mortals had dared attack it, looks down at this bearded rock in front of him, and tries to snatch the impudent creature up. (33+10, grabbed, escape DC 27)

The Pit Fiend, still on it's back, looks up at Asheroth. "Hmm...I think I'll need to teach you a lesson in power. All in good time. First, there's a dwarf who needs my attention..." With that, the Fiend takes a swipe with his flaming mace at Karlvan, but the dwarf is easily able to hop over it.

MAP
    Spoiler
    Show

Initiative

Shep - K16 - 67 damage - bloodied (24+33+10 vuln) - vulnerable 10 all, grabbed (escaped DC 27)
    Thrull - O21
    Asheroth - S8 - 49 damage - marked by Pit Fiend
    Pavick - I20 -

Fersavictorix off-turn
    Pit Fiend off-turn

Lucan - L21
    Aramil - N19 - marked by Pit Fiend
    Karlvan - Q19 - (25 ongoing poison & weakened (save ends both), marked by Pit Fiend)

Bone Devil - N13 (90 bloodied = 35(shep)+23(shep)+5(ash) + 27 (Thrull), Hideous Laughter)
    Fersavictorix - H12 (35 (shep)+8(shep), immobilized)
    Legion Devil - Q7
    Pit Fiend - R6 (216=29 (Ash) + 33 (Ash) + 19 (Thrull) +27 (Thrull) + 108, prone, immobilized, Hideous Laughter)
    Chain Devil - T6, slowed
    Cambion - T5 (immobilized), J7, H9, R8 (immobilized)

Attacks:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fersavictrix
    Claw vs. Shep's AC: (1d20+26)[32] Damage: (3d10+20)[37] & grabbed (escape DC 27)
    Claw vs. Shep's AC (or Barleycorn, if the first attack hit Shep): (1d20+26)[40] (3d10+20)[33]

Pit Fiend
    vs. Karlvan's AC: (1d20+22)[30](includes penalties) Damage: (2d10+15)[26] & ongoing 10 fire (save ends)
    Last edited by Hzurr; 2012-08-29 at 11:30 PM.

6. - Top - End - #546
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucan - Half-elf bard

Lucan sees that Shep is in trouble, under attack by the dragon, and he alters the very rhythm of fate to help.

Spoiler
    Show

Use Virtue of Prescience on Shep as an immediate interrupt when dragon attacks. He gains +4 to all defenses against the attack. If it still hits, he can spend a healing surge (I think he gains +3 hp on top of that). Either way, he can make a basic attack against the dragon.

I'll post my regular turn once I arrive at my hotel later today.
    Last edited by DSCrankshaw; 2012-08-30 at 09:25 AM.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Aramil
    HP 109/136 Surges 10/10, 34
    AC 37 Fort 27 Ref 31 Will 28

Aramil steps toward the Pit Fiend, suddenly appearing behind him. His sword seems to appear in triplicate for a second, before the extras burst into shards of force as he swings the blade in a wide arc.

"You do not impress me yet, fiend. Show me, or disgrace yourself further here in front of all the Hells."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Armathor's Step to S5.

Standard: Learned Boost on Sword Burst, all attacks vs Reflex.
    Pit Fiend - (1d20+25)[27] (+5 from Armathor's Step, Veteran's Armor, and Combat Advantage)
    Chain Devil - (1d20+23)[33] (+3 from Armathor's Step and Veteran's Armor, Mark doesn't apply due to the Pit Fiend being included in the attack)
    Cambion - (1d20+23)[41]
    Hit: Force Damage - (3d6+15)[31], +1 to all defenses against the target
    All Miss: Reliable

Minor: Aegis of Assault on the Pit Fiend and the Cambion (Dual Aegis)

8. - Top - End - #548
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucan - Half-elf Bard
    HP 75 + 6 temp/107 AC 31 Fort 25 Ref 26 Will 30

Lucan is deep in the battle's rhythm. All is not going well, and he's not sure if he can alter fate to make it go better. But there is something that he can do. He takes a step back from the bone devil, sings a quick healing song for Shep, and then turns his focus to the pit fiend. Seeing that he's immobilized, he acts to take advantage of it.

Suddenly, Thrull seems to grow huge, his face distorting into a horrible fanged muzzle, his hulking brute strength drawing the devil's gaze.

Spoiler
    Show

Move
    Shift to O16

Minor
    Use revitalizing incantation on Shep--spend healing surge, gain hp+3 and a surge amount of temp hp

Standard
    Use Mask of Menace on Pit Fiend
    Attack v Will - (1d20+20)[27]
    Damage - (3d6+14)[28]
    On hit, pit fiend takes -5 attacking anyone but Thrull. And he takes -2 on his next attack.
    Last edited by DSCrankshaw; 2012-08-30 at 06:09 PM.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Ogre in the Playground

Eltain smirks at the tiefling, drawing his blade and giving a mock salute. He glances down to the arena, his heart torn nearly asunder by the urge to fly to his friends and help them in the battle, but he knows that if they're going to have any chance of getting out of here, he's going to have to retrieve the Spelljammer.

"Corellon, grant them strength and protect them from harm. You know what I must do. Grant me the courage and grace to do it."

He stares down the oncoming swarm of hellwasps, his sword at the ready, as he urges Frank onward towards where he saw the Spelljammer being taken. Soon the swarm is upon them and the battle is joined, he and Frank surrounded by the fiendish buzzing of the foul minions of Hell.

His blade flashes as he battles the swarm, the arcane might granted to him by his god pushing them back enough to allow him to move further towards his goal even as they regroup in pursuit. Soon they catch up, their harsh stings biting at him, but he shrugs it off and another strike of his holy blade cuts a freezing swath through the ranks of the hellwasps as he pushes them once more, darting again through a gap.

"Corellon, grant me your power. Clear away my enemies so I can save my friends." He raises his blade and then levels it at the wasps, a frigid blast of cold air slamming into them and sending them reeling far behind the Paladin in disarray, unable to keep up for the moment as he widens the gap even further.

Eventually they come on again, but the Paladin still has tricks up his sleeve. A quick jab with his sword sends a divine compulsion through them even as it cuts even more from their numbers.

"So you're still coming, are you," he calls to the wasps, not caring if they understand. They'd get the message soon enough. "Then you'll get what you deserve! You think the Hells have might, but the power of my god is far greater than any power they can ever hope to possess!" He traces a quick sign in the air of an eight-pointed star that leaves a glowing image of his god's symbol in the air for a moment before it suddenly collapses into a beam of energy that strikes the swarm and invigorates him, quickening his reflexes until each sting the swarm tries to make against the pair is met by a fierce blow in return.

Spoiler
    Show

Eldritch Strike: (1d20+23)[36] vs AC
    Eldritch Strike: (1d20+23)[33] vs AC
    Lash of the Long Night: (1d20+20)[40] vs Fort
    Castigating Strike: (1d20+23)[41] vs AC
    True Nemesis: (1d20+20)[32] vs Will
    Last edited by Nai_Calus; 2012-08-30 at 09:07 PM.

10. - Top - End - #550

Oklahoma, where the air elementals carry brooms

((OOC: Zyrr's situation will require some thinking. I'll address that tomorrow.))

Karlvan 109/133 HP 15/15 Surges
    36 AC, 31 Fort, 25 Ref, 24 Will, Resist All Damage 5

The dwarf grits his teeth as the poison courses through his veins like the lava dripping off his hammer. He clangs his hammer against his blank shield, knocking the glowing substance off even as he forces the pain out of his muscles. With a guttural curse, Karlvan lowers his stance and prepares to kneecap the curs around him, starting with the pit fiend he's made such a good impression on.

Spoiler
    Show
    25 poison damage taken. Using my Unfailing Resources path feature to use a minor action to take 10 damage and immediately end one Save-Ends effect. Then another minor action to activate my Defender Aura, which does not affect the pit fiend due to it being marked by Aramil. Finally a standard action to make a MBA against the pit fiend.

Attack - (1d20+23)[35]. Hit: Damage - (1d8+27)[28], the pit fiend is slowed EONT, rattled EONT, and knocked prone due to already being slowed. Miss: 6 damage due to Hammer Rhythm.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

Lucan, meditating on the threads of fate he so often likes to tug, quickly spins an enchantment that transforms the half-orc into a monster. Unfortunately, the Pit-Fiend is entirely distracted with Aramil's attack, and fails to see the masterful illusion created by the bard.

Aramil, though not able to drive his blade into the Pit Fiend, quickly chops the head off of both the Chain Devil and the Legion Devil, before marking the Infernal general with an arcane glyph.

While Aramil distracts the Pit Fiend. Karlvan raises his hammer and brings it smashing onto the devil's back. The swordmage provided just enough distraction that the dwarf was able to find an opening in the Pit Fiends thick steel armor, and smashes the pit fiend's knee.

The music that Thrull sang out earlier finally reaches a zenith, as the Pit Fiend, Bone Devil and Dragon all begin dancing their way towards the flames. However, the chants of the devils watching the battle drown out the beguiling song, and all three manage to throw themselves on the ground to prevent a dip into the lava.

The Bone Devil, unable to stand thanks to its dancing feet, makes good on its earlier promises and attempts to remove Pavick's spleen, before sending the long barbed tail out to knock Lucan into the lava!

The Dragon angrily stands from where Thrull's song knocked it over, and looks at the Shepherd in his hand. "Hmm...you look a bit hard, but I'm guessing you're juicy on the inside..." The Dragon growls, before popping the Goliath into its mouth.

Even as the Shepherd struggles against the Dragon's jaws, the Dragon tilts its head back and swallows the Shepherd with a loud *gulp*

At this, the crowd goes wild, and Baalzebul breaths a visible sigh of relief.

The Pit Fiend gives a growl of annoyance to continually find himself on his back, and with great effort stands up. "You. I think I've heard of you. Some Feywild general, eh? Being a general is about more than just leading troops. You also have to be able to make sacrifices and take punishment." The Pit Fiend snaps his fingers, and the Cambion near Asheroth stumbles forward and explodes in a font of gore and flame over Aramil, Ash and Karlvan before the Pit Fiend strikes out at Aramil. The Fey general is made of tougher stuff than the Pit Fiend realizes, however, and the blade of Mithrandain blocks the mace of hell.

While the Pit Fiend focuses on the swordmage, the remaining Legion Devil and Cambions focus as one to attack the stalwart dwarf.

Back up on the platform above, the ice devil barks out a command and the legion devils push one lever up and another down. The lava quickly drains out of the arena, only to be replaced moments later by razor-sharp adamantine blades, spinning and slicing all who come near! The Dragon, the only one caught in the blades, gives a roar of pain, and the ice devil up above smirks and gestures towards the burnt corpses of its fallen allies.

OOC: Entering or starting your turn in the blades deals 2d20 damage

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Initiative

Shep - Inside the Dragon - 35 damage, ongoing 15 fire (save ends), swallowed (escaped DC 27)
    Thrull - O21 -
    Asheroth - S8 - (5 fire damage (after resistances), marked by Pit Fiend, aura damage at SoT)
    Pavick - I20 -

Fersavictorix off-turn
    Pit Fiend off-turn

Lucan - O16 - 10 damage, prone
    Aramil - S5 - (5 fire damage includes resistances, marked by Pit Fiend, aura damage at SoT)
    Karlvan - Q19 - (18+35 (minions) damage, includes resistance, marked by Pit Fiend, aura damage at SoT, takes 6 damage if moves, loses 2 more HS)

Bone Devil - N13 (90, bloodied)
    Fersavictorix - H12 (22+43, dazed)
    Pit Fiend - P5 (28+216, rattled)
    Cambion - J7, H9

Attack Rolls
    Spoiler
    Show

Bone Devil
    Claw vs. Pavick's AC (1d20+21)[27] (includes zone penalty) Damage: (3d6+16)[27]
    Claw vs. Pavick's AC (1d20+21)[30] (includes zone penalty) Damage: (3d6+16)[31]
    If both hit:
    Tail Attack: (1d20+19)[31] vs. Fort Damage: Ongoing 10 & a -4 penalty to Fort

Minor: Tail vs. Lucan's Ref (1d20+17)[29] Damage: 10 & slid into the lava

Save vs. Hideous Laughter (1d20+5)[13]

Fersavictorix
    Biting Shep's AC (1d20+23)[36] Damage: (2d10+25)[35] - grabbed (escape DC 30) & ongoing 15 fire.
    -OOC: Action Point - Shep gets swallowed (escape DC 27

Pit Fiend
    Minor: Irresistable Command: (3d10+9)[23] fire damage

Spending Standard Action to stand
    Action Point:
    Mace vs. Aramil's AC (1d20+24)[32] (includes penalty) (2d10+15)[33] & ongoing 10 fire (save ends)
    Tail vs. Aramil's AC (1d20+24)[33] (includes penalty) Damage: ongoing 25 poison & weakened (save ends both)
    Save vs. Hideous Laughter (1d20+5)[22]

Cambions
    vs. Karlvan's Ref: (1d20+22)[26]
    vs. Karlvan's Ref: (1d20+22)[31]
    vs. Karlvan's Ref: (1d20+22)[38]
    vs. Karlvan's Ref: (1d20+22)[37]
    Damage: 12 each

Legion Devil:
    vs. Karlvan's AC: (1d20+21)[37]
    Last edited by Hzurr; 2012-08-31 at 01:10 PM.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Shepherd
    AC
    36*, Fortitude 31*, Reflex 34*, Will 39*
    HP 45/103; Surges 5/7

*Augmented due to being within 5 squares of John Barleycorn, and from having cover from being within the zone of Tree Father's Bounty.

Buffs
    Spoiler
    Show

If you're within 5 squares of John Barleycorn, you gain a +2 power bonus to all defenses (currently Shep, Pavick, Lucan, and Thrull).

If you're in L15, M15, N15, L14, M14, N14, L14, M14, or N14 (currently Pavick and Shep), you gain cover, and at the start of your turn, Shep can slide you 3 squares whenever you like.

"Well, actually..." The Shepherd's voice boomed and echoed from inside the dragon's throat. "I'm rather solid and unpleasant on the inside too. I'm sorry to disappoint you."

And then, standing outside, right next to the dragon, the Shepherd looked up at him, and smiled apologetically. "You know that whole parable about how the rigid and stony goat, who is like the mountainside, is really soft and delicate on the inside?" He shook his head. "Pretty much made that one up."

"You see, Fersavictorix," The Shepherd began again, tapping his fingers together in front of him. "Can I call you Vicky? You see, Vicky. I'm sure you're feeling rather boastful at the moment. You're a dragon, I'm a small rock in comparison, and I seem to be a little lacking in the department of properly threatening you." He jerked his head at John Barleycorn ineffectively swiping a gnarled pitchfork at the dragon's side.

"But you see, there's one little detail that's not readily apparent. As grand and regal as you are, Vicky, you really pose me no threat at all. My greatest enemy, the enemy that is bitterly trying to undermine everything I do, is Fate." He gestured with his hand to some intangible being next to him. "It is Fate that has dogged my steps the moment I stepped down from my mountain. It is Fate that turns my normal level of competency into seeming incompetency. And, quite frankly, it is Fate that is my only enemy. You, you don't really matter at all. Fate has tried for years to kill me."

And the Shepherd smiled, a wide, earthy smile.

"I am the man that spits in Fate's eye. And if all the machinations of Fate cannot bring me down, do you really think you can?"

Spoiler
    Show

Minor Action: Speak with Spirits to gain a +6 to my next skill check this turn.

Move Action: Escape Attempt: Acrobatics - (1d20+24)[31]. If Shep escapes, he'll be in L16.

Standard Action: Boar's Toss
    Attack vs. Fersavictorix's Fortitude: (1d20+23)[25]
    Damage: (1d10+15)[19] damage, and Fersavictorix is slid 2 squares to J10-J13, meaning into the blades and therefore taking damage from them. Then John Barleycorn moves to K11, and each ally within 10 squares of Fersavictorix can make a ranged basic attack against him, and gain a +6 bonus to the damage roll.
    Last edited by Haberdashery; 2012-08-31 at 02:41 PM.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Pavick – Gnome Wizard
    HP 85/88, Surges 7/8
    AC 35, Fort 27, Reflex 31, Will 32
    Invisible to enemies 5 or more squares away

Pavick is busy maintaining his treasure horde when he see's the dragon grab and swallow Shep whole. He strikes a menacing pose, orb-holding hand on his hip and a little fist of rage shaking high in the air at the dragon as he shouts, "You will not hurt the Shepherd! As soon as Shep clears the dragon's teeth, Pavick is in action with a flurry of spellcasting.

First, Pavick weaves a familiar charm spell in the air just feet in front of him. The dragon and bone devil can't help themselves but rush across the spinning blades only to attack each other. While they are occupied with that, Pavick is already busy with another spell, a small green eye appears just over the dragon, giving Pavick insight in how best to affect it.

Taking the orb off his hip, Pavick waves a hand over it's surface visualizing a nightmarish landscape and then bringing it into existence surrounding the dragon and devil. As people's attentions are drawn to the swirling landscape, Pavick disappears from his previous position.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor: Sustain VoA. Attacks vs. Will (not sure if I hit them last round, if so add another +2 for CA)
    Pit Fiend - (1d20+21)[41]
    Legion - (1d20+21)[24]

Standard: Mass Charm centered in M14
    Target: Each enemy in the burst

Effect: You slide each target up to 5 squares. Each target then makes a melee basic attack against a creature of your choice as a free action.
    The dragon will go to F-I, 10-13 and the bone devil will go to J-K, 10-11. Each will attack the other one.

Minor: Emerald Eye on "Vicky"
    Effect: Until the end of your next turn, you gain a +5 power bonus to Insight checks against the target and a +2 power bonus to attack rolls against the target's Will.

Action Point:

Standard: Mirage Arcana
    Area burst 2 within 10 squares centered on J9
    Effect: The burst creates a zone that lasts until the end of the encounter. The zone is difficult terrain, and creatures grant combat advantage while in it. You then make the following attack.
    Target: Each creature in the burst
    Attacks are vs. will
    Vicky - (1d20+25)[42]
    Boner - (1d20+23)[24]
    Cambion H9 - (1d20+23)[29]
    Cambion J7 - (1d20+23)[40]
    Hit: psychic damage - (2d6+13)[18] and the target is dazed, cannot leave the zone willingly, and cannot see creatures outside the zone (save ends all, -6 to first save, -2 to saves thereafter, Vicky will have worse penalties see below). If the target is already dazed, it takes 5 extra psychic damage.

Free Action (if needed): If I miss Vicky or the bone devil, I'll use the illusionist's gloves to reroll. Let me know.

Free Action: Curse Eye Tattoo on Vicky. When you spend an action point to take an extra action, one enemy within 10 squares of you that you can see takes a –2 penalty to saving throws (save ends).

Planeshifter's Action: Teleport to Q17.

And still have shield ready to go if it'll make the difference.

14. - Top - End - #554

As Pavick's magic weaved around the dragon, the Shepherd's smile only broadened.

"I probably should also mention that he's the Lucky Gnome." He pointed his thumb at where Pavick was a moment before. "It's most likely a good idea to watch out for him."

15. - Top - End - #555

Planetar

Asheroth Durant
    AC 32 Fort 30 Ref 27 Will 33
    HP 55 Surges 10/11

Asheroth levels the pit fiend with a devious look in his eye. "Now I remember. My master once talked of a General in Dis. He had possessed a girl in the Material Plane and burned her village to the ground out of pleasure. 'Wanton destruction!' my master had screamed. 'Just like those demons we so abhor!' I couldn't have agreed more. My master knows many things. He told me that General was well known across the Hells for his brutality and cunning. Yet no one is as cunning as my master. He told me that general's name.

He can see the visible fear that crosses the infernal general's face. Names were powerful things--especially in the Hells. Ash takes one stride forward, but before his foot touches the ground, he vanishes in a puff of sulfurous smoke and cinders.The next moment his foot falls just behind the towering pit fiend. He relishes the instant of confusion.

"I don't believe we have formally met." Ash takes a solid breath and readies his blade to strike. When he speaks, it is just loud enough for the general to hear in Supernal. "Incirion Malfias Vrago zaude! Eta hemen nago zure arima!"

Ash beckons the pit fiend to attack, taunting him with a devilish smile. "I know what true power is. My master has shown me. I need no such lesson from you, Incirion!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor action: Religion check from the OOC (32) to know the pit fiend's name. As per Hzurr's ruling.
    Move action: Diabolic Escape: all creatures adjacent to Ash gain vulnerable 5 fire til start of Ash's next turn. (No one) Then Ash teleports to Q4.
    Standard action: Second Wind HP 55+HS (83)
    Ash is waiting for Incirion to attack him. When Incirion does, Ash will use
    Reflexive Hellstirke
    Immediate Reaction
    Trigger: an adjacent enemy attacks you.
    Effect: target takes 26 fire and necrotic damage, and you push it up to 5 squares.

Ash will push him through the blades to O-P, 7-8. Incirion will lose 5 more resist/fire. Then Ash will gloat.
    "How could a man go through life with so little? Nothing of permanence, nothing built up to leave behind him. Nothing to testify to his existence at all. The kind of man who isn't focused on his own existence, I guess. The kind of man who cares more about others than he does himself..."--Harry Dresden, from Ghost Story

Nosce te ipsum

16. - Top - End - #556
    Ogre in the Playground

Thrull Elfkiller - 84/106 - 32/27/30/32

Thrull sighs. That was not what he had intended to happen. Well, it was worth a shot.

Curses, that dwarf was in trouble again. He sent a wave of healing energy over him and turned his attention to the Dragon bothering the group.

Spoiler
    Show

No real fluff text tonight. Had a huge RL setback realization and I don't have it in me. Sorry.

Minor: Majestic Word on Karlvan: (3d6+6)[18] + surge + 6 temp HP + he can slide 1 square.
    Standard: Lying Lights: (1d20+20)[37] vs Reflex.
    On hit: [roll]3d8+10 Radiant Damage. Each ally who hits the target before the end of your next turn becomes invisible until the end of his next turn. The invisibility ends if the ally makes an attack roll.
    Move: To N16.

17. - Top - End - #557

Zyrr

Three witnesses, plus imps obviously employed by one witness. Three witnesses too many for a wardrobe change, two witnesses too many for a good bribe. Leaving only one real option.

Zyrr immediately jumps to his feet, still in tiefling guise, and shouts at the three in a nasally voice quite different from that of Hugo. "That's the alarm! Intruders on board! Don't just stand there, find them!" Bluff - (1d20+19)[20]

He knows even before he's finished his warning shout just how suspicious he looks. He just stands there wide-eyed for a second before darkness falls around him. Zyrr silently prays to the entire elven pantheon as he sneaks to the bundle of curtains that have been pulled back between the rooms for some quick cover before sneaking under to the next set of rooms.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cloud of Darkness, then making a [roll=Stealth]1d20+22[/roll] check to move from the cloud to cover without being seen after that horrible bluff.

18. - Top - End - #558

((Double post due to an extra roll being needed.))
    Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth - (1d20+22)[39]

19. - Top - End - #559
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

----------------- Eltain ----------------

In a clash of frost blade on infernal steel, Eltain and Frank fly through the swarm of hellwasps. The winged mule spins and loops in the air as the magical frost of Eltain's eladrin heritage powered by the might of Corellon strikes out at the fiends. Even as the claws of the hellwasps dig at them, Eltain is able to burst through the defensive line, leaving a trail of dead and injured infernal creatures in his wake.

OOC: Eltain will take 25 damage.

Ahead, Eltain can see the Jammer, most of Zyrr's crew still onboard under the watchful eye of the ice devil. However, in-between Eltain and the vessel, an Osyluth warcaster on the bow of an Astral Skiff spies the escaping Eladrin, and quickly begins raising a magical barrier to block Eltain's path.

OOC: Eltain can try to counterspell the Bone devil's spell (DC 34), or you can attack the bone devil directly. You'll need to deal at least 27 damage to it to break the spell.

------------------- Zyrr ---------------------

As Zyrr bursts into the room and shouts out his lie, the three creatures in the room look at him incredulously. Fortunately, Zyrr is bright enough to realize his failure as darkness fills the room. Moments behind him, Zyrr can hear Zorella and the Bearded Devil stumble into the room. "Where did he go? The pleasure of Graz'zt goes to whoever gets me that conniving tiefling!" From the darkness, Zyrr can hear the alu-fiend call out in a purring voice "What's wrong Zorella? Men running out on you now? I think you're losing your touch. Maybe you need me to give you some pointers?"

The growl that emits from Zorella strongly makes Zyrr suspect that the alu-fiend should be greatful for the darkness in the room, but before violence erupts, the Duergar speaks up. "'Pleasure of Graz'zt'? Bah. That black-skinned womanizer may have some of the great lords fooled, but if you expect me to scrape and bow for that traitor who fought on the wrong side of the blood war for millenia, you've got another thing coming, harlot."

There's a whooshing sound, and you suspect that the bearded devil may have swung his glaive in the duergar's direction. A moment later, Zorella speaks again. "I will deal with you worms later. I have more pressing concerns right now. Merrik, find him." The Bearded devil immediately begins poking and prodding the curtains and feeling around the room, searching for the drow.

(1d20+23)[36]

As the bearded devil searches and fails to find anything, Zorella gives a curse. Then a sharp intake of her breath. "Wait. A spelljammer captain who casts a spell of darkness? Zyrr'delin, is that you? There's so much we can discuss. Why don't you come and talk with me? I promise it'll be worth your while..." Her voice drops to that familiar coo.

OOC: Zyrr is currently hidden in the curtains, but the darkness spell will end on your turn. You can wait where you are, sneak into other parts of the ship, dive out a window, dive into a bathtub, or something else as ridiculous.
    Last edited by Hzurr; 2012-09-02 at 01:34 AM.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

The Shepherd, finding himself in a dragon stomach, casually jumps outside. The dragon (who had proudly been vomit free since 1293) looks at him in shock, but even a shocked dragon is able to resist being thrown by a goliath. At Shep's words, however, the wyrm gives a roar of fury. "I AM FERSAVICTORIX, NOT VICKY YOU IMPUDENT MORTAL! YOU ARE AMONG THE BLESSED FEW WHO HAVE HAD THE PLEASURE OF SEEING MY GLORY, BUT YOU WILL REMEMBER MY NAME!"

Pavick's charm spell immediately takes hold of the dragon and the Bone Devil, but while the dragon darts through the blades without a second thought, the Bone Devil again manages to prevent the magical weave from forcing it to run through the whirling blades. Once the Dragon arrives, it turns to bite at the Bone Devil, but it's jaws stop well short of the infernal creature even as the bone devil's claws come nowhere near crossing the large gap between it and the devil. The secondary attack that

Thrull, inspired by the illusions Pavick seems to case with such ease, casts one of his own on the dragon, surrounding Fersavictorix and encasing any who attack it in a cloak of illusion.

Asheroth, after disappearing in a font of flame, re-appears next to the Pit Fiend, only to take a moment to taunt and threaten the creature and catchi his breath.

In response, the Pit Fiend turns to glare at Asheroth. "It is good for you to learn my name, little Tiefling. You shall spend eternity cursing the day you met me. Your master is out of favor, and your soul is doomed for eternal damnation. Sending you to him will be my pleasure. As soon as I deal with this so-called General, I shall turn my attention to you..." And the Pit Fiend again tries to break through Aramil's defenses.

The Dragon, who would normally take this opportunity to try and devour one of these pesky mortals, takes a moment instead to shake off the spells and bewitchings that Pavick laid on him.

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Initiative:

Shep - L16
    Thrull - N16 -
    Asheroth - Q4 - marked by the Pit Fiend
    Pavick - Q17 -

Fersavictorix off-turn
    Pit Fiend off-turn

Lucan - O16 - prone
    Aramil - S5 - 18 damage (including resistance), ongoing 10 fire (save ends) ongoing 25 poison & weakened (save ends both), marked by Pit Fiend, aura damage at SoT)
    Karlvan - Q8 - (includes resistance, marked by Pit Fiend, aura damage at SoT, takes 6 damage if moves)

Bone Devil - N13 (90, bloodied, prone)
    Fersavictorix - F10 (22 (Thrull) + 18 (pavick) +65, lying lights)
    Pit Fiend - P5 (244, rattled, immobilized)
    Cambion - H9

Attack Rolls
    Spoiler
    Show

Pit Fiend:
    Mace vs Aramil's AC: (1d20+24)[41] Damage: (2d10+15)[22] fire & ongoing 10 fire (ave ends)
    Tail vs Aramil's Fort (1d20+22)[31] Hit: Ongoing 25 poison damage & weakened (save ends both)

Dragon: Using his off-turn to end the dazing effects on him
    Last edited by Hzurr; 2012-09-02 at 04:59 PM.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ogre in the Playground

Eltain spies the Bone Devil in time and quickly calls upon his arcane training to counteract the spell. For a split second he founders, but quickly gains a hold of the magic and twists it against the devil, stopping the spell dead in its tracks. He swoops down low for the final approach, shifting his armor back to the clothing the ice devil last saw him wearing.

"Fly like you're fighting me but not fighting me. I don't know. Fly stubborn," he says to Frank as he approaches, landing shakily on the deck and then pulling on Frank's reins even as the mule pulls back, sitting down on the deck and giving a very rude whinny/bray at Eltain.

"Infernal thrice-damned mule! I swear, when we get back to Sigil it's the glue factory for you!" He looks at the ice devil with a 'what can you do' shrug and a roll of his eyes. "'He'll be great for transporting stuff in the Astral Sea', the captain says. 'We'll just load him up and he can fly the cargo right where it needs to go'. Except the stupid thing keeps escaping and causing trouble and being a stubborn pain in the ass. Not even that, actually, everything this fool thing does is half-assed." He looks to the crew member he remembers as being the disguised Kosalram. "You there! Help me get this thing back below! Rotten mule escaped again. Damn it, the fight was getting interesting too, those stupid slaves of ours were on the ropes and doing badly. Then we spot this damn thing out again and guess who has to go retrieve it and bring it back to the ship?" He sneers.

22. - Top - End - #562

Zyrr

Zyrr does his best to ignore the devil prodding the room and focus on the two temptresses. Obviously the alu doesn't think fondly of his twelve-fingered acquaintance. He can use that to his advantage if he times it just right.

"Don't waste your breath, Zorella. There's no way this intruder would give a sow like you a second thought after being treated to this. Immediately after, the darkness falls, framing the alu before Zorella as though on center stage, the fiend's curves glistening with blood.

And that's when Zyrr makes his move to escape, even though his eyes and ears are screaming at him to stay and watch the slow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff - (1d20+19)[32] to impersonate the bathing alu, banking on the hope that they're both too proud of their figures to care who said who said Zorella was fat. Then a Stealth - (1d20+22)[28] to sneak away during the hoped-for conflict.
    Last edited by Toric; 2012-09-03 at 01:01 PM.

23. - Top - End - #563

Karlvan 121+6/133 HP 10/15 Surges
    36 AC, 31 Fort, 25 Ref, 24 Will

"Ar, ye be forgettin' about someone!" the dwarf calls as he shoves aside the only obstacle between himself and this tower that refuses thus far to crumble. Undaunted, Karlvan continues his siege against the fiend's legs.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Action to use Pass Forward, which lets me move to R6 without provoking an opportunity attack from the Legion Devil.

Minor Action to change my stance to Cleaving Assaut, which lets me do damage to the Legion Devil if I hit the Pit Fiend.

Standard Action to attack the Pit Fiend. Cashing in my crowd favor for a +2 to this attack roll.
    Attack - (1d20+25)[36] On hit, adding my Power Strike to add 2[W] damage and immobilize until EONT, the immobilize effect means I add my thus-far standard Con mod damage to the roll, target is rattled until EONT, and target is knocked prone. The Legion Devil also takes damage and dies if it's a minion.
    Damage - (3d8+30)[44]
    Miss: 6 damage due to Hammer Rhythm.

Karlvan takes 10 damage at the start of his turn and 6 damage for moving.

(Turn-end HP: 116/136.)
    Last edited by Toric; 2012-09-03 at 02:29 PM.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucan - Half-elf bard
    HP 71/107 AC 31 Fort 25 Ref 26 Will 30

Lucan picks himself back up, still singing. He looks around, and calls out to the audience: "Is this really what you want to see? Two powerful creatures teaming up against a few mortals? Or would you rather have them fight each other?"

He then turns his magic against the dragon, sending it after the bone devil.

Spoiler
    Show

Diplomacy - (1d20+21)[41]

If it's successful, I'll add 2 to my next roll.

Use action point

Use Song of Discord on the dragon
    Attack v Will - (1d20+20)[32] +2 Diplomacy +2 CA = 36
    On hit, he's dominated next round, and will charge and attack the bone devil
    Hit or miss, he attacks the cambion at H9.

Use Karmic Wound on Bone Devil
    Attack v AC - (1d20+22)[39]
    Damage - (2d10+14)[27]
    On a hit, the bone devil takes Damage - (1d10+4)[14] damage the next time he attacks me or an ally

And, the re-roll from Fated Action (1d20)[13]--apply to first roll that missed
    Last edited by DSCrankshaw; 2012-09-04 at 08:11 AM.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Aramil
    HP 66/136 Surges 10/10, 34
    AC 37 Fort 31 Ref 35 Will 32

Aramil steps forward and expands the protective warding of his blade magic to become all-encompassing.

"You speak as if you have already won, fiend. Yet you have no mind for strategy or tactics, or you would know your time is limited. Begone, fight the dragon as you beasts should."

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Walk to R5.

Minor: Impenetrable Warding

Standard: Elemental Detonation on the Pit Fiend.
    Attack vs AC - (1d20+23)[41]
    Hit: Lightning Damage - (2d8+17)[20]/2=10 and the pit fiend is Restrained until the end of Aramil's next turn, activate Mithrendain Steel Longsword's power to teleport the fiend two left/west/whatever.
    Miss: Refined Recall to recover the power
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2012-09-05 at 07:18 PM.

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

As the Pit Fiend launches its attack against Aramil, Karlvan slides forward, easily dropping the Legion Devil as he passes, and slams his hammer into Pit Fiend.

Lucan, however, raises his voice, and the fiendish hordes give a roaring cheer at his suggestion, even as his enchanted words manage to slip past the chaos of the dragon's mind and take hold of the creature. With a roar, the dragon turns and snaps the cambion next to him with a quick swipe of his paws, before the fiery eyes lock onto the Pit Fiend.

Aramil snaps his fingers, and the Pit Fiend whos kneecaps had already been shattered, finds itself completely encompassed by the constricting magic of the swordmage.

The Bone devil, slowly dragging itself back to its feet, spies Lucan singing to the crowd, and launches itself against the half-elf, claws and tail a flurry. Lucan manages to block the first claw, but the second catches him, and the spinning tail threatens to knock him into the spinning blade!

Fersavictorix, ignoring the blades that dig into its side, charges the Pit Fiend, and brings his jaws down on the Infernal general.

The Pit Fiend growling in pain that the dragon's will was so easily broken, calls upon his infernal powers and teleports out of the dragon's mouth. Frustrated at his condition, he quickly attempts to curse Aramil, but opens himself up to both Asheroth and Karlvan in the process. With a roar of anger, he strikes out alternately at Aramil, Asheroth, and Karlvan, but the only attack that finds its mark is the poisonous tail barb that finds a gap in Asheroth's armor.

I'll need an OA from Asheroth & Karlvan, and a triggered mark by Aramil

Asheroth reacts by trying to blast the Pit Fiend back into the spinning blades, but the enchanting bonds placed by Aramil prevent the pit fiend from moving, even as the poison coursing through Asheroth's veins weakens the attack.

MAP
    Spoiler
    Show

Initiative:

Shep - L16
    Thrull - N16 -
    Asheroth - Q4 - ongoing 25 poison damage & weakened (save ends both), marked by the Pit Fiend
    Pavick - Q17 -

Fersavictorix off-turn
    Pit Fiend off-turn

Lucan - O16 - 27+15 damage vulnerable 5
    Aramil - S5 - ongoing 10 fire (save ends) ongoing 25 poison & weakened (save ends both), marked by Pit Fiend, aura damage at SoT)
    Karlvan - Q8 - (marked by Pit Fiend, aura damage at SoT,)

Bone Devil - N13 (131, bloodied)
    Fersavictorix - F10 (87 = 22+65, dominated)
    Pit Fiend - P5 (330 = 44+10+32+244, rattled, restrained, immobilized)

Attack Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bone Devil
    Claw vs. Lucan's AC: (1d20+23)[24] Damage: (3d6+16)[26] & Vulnerable 5 til EoNT
    Claw vs. Lucan's AC: (1d20+23)[34] Damage: (3d6+16)[27] & Vulnerable 5 til EoNT
    If both hit: Poison Tail vs. Lucan's Fort: (1d20+21)[31] Damage: (1d8+22)[30] & ongoing 10 poison -4 penalty to will

Lashing Tail vs. Lucan's Ref: (1d20+19)[26] Damage: 10 poison & slid one square into blades

Fersavictorix:
    Biting the Pit Fiend: (1d20+25)[44] (includes penalty & charging bonus) Damage: (2d10+25)[32] The target is grabbed & takes ongoing 15 fire damage

Pit Fiend
    Move: Teleport (or stand, if not grabbed)
    Minor Action: Point of Terror vs. Aramil's Will: (1d20+20)[30] Hit: Aramil takes a -5 penalty to all defenses until the end of the Pit Fiend's turn
    Standard: Attacking Aramil
    Tail Sting vs. Karlvan's Fort: (1d20+20)[29] (includes penalty) Ongoing 25 poison & weakened (save ends both)
    Mace Aramil - vs AC (1d20+22)[29] Damage: (2d10+15)[25] & ongoing 10 fire
    Action Point:
    Mace vs Aramil's AC (1d20+22)[24] Damage: (2d10+15)[24] & ongoing 10 fire
    Tail Sting vs. Asheroth's Fort: (1d20+20)[34] (includes penalty) Ongoing 25 poison & weakened (save ends both)

Spinning Blades: (2d20)[22] damage

Last edited by Hzurr; 2012-09-06 at 01:36 AM.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Ogre in the Playground

Thrull Elfkiller - 84/106 - 32/27/30/32

Thrull does things. All the things. It's amazing.

Spoiler
    Show

Standard: Vicious Mockery on the Bone Devil, unless Shep drops it first in which case this will be on Fersavictorix:
    (1d20+22)[39] vs Will
    On hit: (1d6+10)[11] damage, and it takes a -4 to attacks until the end of my next turn, -6 against me.

Minor: Revitalizing Incantation on Lucan, spend a surge and get your surge value in temp HP.

Move: If the bone devil is dead, move to Q11; else if the bone devil is alive but not in the way, move to Q11; else, move to S14.

28. - Top - End - #568
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Aramil strikes at the fiend's arm as it tries to curse at him, then teleports around and strikes again when it presents another opening by attacking Asheroth.

Spoiler
    Show
    Opportunity Attack:
    Attack vs AC - (1d20+25)[34]
    Damage - (1d8+16)[19]/2= 9

Aegis of Assault:
    Teleport to Q7.
    Attack vs AC - (1d20+25)[37]
    Damage - (1d8+16)[24]/2= 12
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2012-09-06 at 01:51 PM.

29. - Top - End - #569

The Shepherd
    AC
    34*, Fortitude 29*, Reflex 32*, Will 37*
    HP 45/103; Surges 5/7

*Augmented due to having cover from being within the zone of Tree Father's Bounty.

Buffs

Spoiler
    Show

If you're within 5 squares of John Barleycorn, you gain a +2 power bonus to all defenses (currently Karlvan, Aramil, and Asheroth).

If you're in L15, M15, N15, L14, M14, N14, L13, M13, or N13 (currently Shep), you gain cover, and at the start of your turn, Shep can slide you 3 squares whenever you like.

Across the fields of slaughter, the Shepherd's companions were in need. He struck his crook into the ground, swaying like a lightning rod, and his voice boomed towards John Barleycorn.

"Little Sir John," he began, his voice the thunder before the rains, "The warrior cannot swing his sword quite so well without a little barley-corn. Go to them."

John Barleycorn tilted his ragged head, and the Shepherd nodded. "But be wary, Fate will undermine every action you do." With a burst of grain and the scent of fermentation, John Barleycorn was gone, only to reappear beside Aramil and Karlvan, filling the air with a ripe, earthy smell and a gentle wind.

And as the Shepherd predicted, Fate laughed, and John Barleycorn's rows of barley did nothing against the towering Pit Fiend.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor Action: Spirit's Sacrifice, which dismisses John Barleycorn, and grants Aramil a saving throw.

Free Action: Call Spirit Companion into R7.

Minor Action: Healing Howl. Aramil, Asheroth, and Karlvan all regain hit points as if they had spent a healing surge.

Standard Action: Call to the Laughing Fortune
    Attack vs. Pit Fiend's Reflex: (1d20+21)[22]
    Damage: (2d10+15)[22]. Until the start of my next turn, if anyone misses the Pit Fiend, I can use an immediate interrupt to make them reroll that attack. So, meaning, it'll only work with one miss, so use it wisely.
    Last edited by Haberdashery; 2012-09-06 at 02:38 PM.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Mini-update, for mid-turn things:

Aramil
    HP 100/136 Surges 10/10, 34
    AC 39 Fort 33 Ref 37 Will 34

Save vs Weakening Poison - (1d20)[6]