1. - Top - End - #571
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

Asheroth Durant
    AC 34* Fort 32* Ref 29* Will 35*
    HP 86/112 Surges 9/11
    *augmented for standing within 5 of John Barleycorn

Asheroth breathes in the sweet scent of corn. It reminded him of something...something from his past...very dear...but that past was all but gone. Nothing mattered now save the recovery of his soul. As Ash stares out at the arena his face goes slack, and his eyes glaze over. Asheroth looks dumbstruck for a moment and nearly drops his sword. Then he doubles over in agony and clutches his chest as if his heart were being ripped in twain. A grimace clenches his teeth and shuts his eyes hard. As Ash lets out a scream of fury to the sky several things happen all at once: Ash slightly grows in stature and heft; the spines on his arms and legs appear to enlarge; and the horns atop his head elongate and curve upward.

A hellish moment of silence falls despite the roaring crowd above and the sounds of battle all around. A faint "Yeeesss!" can barely be heard across the arena floor. When Asheroth opens his eyes, they are no longer the reddish orbs that once were there. Pure flame has replaced them. The barleycorn that once grew around he feet turns black, as though burned. When he speaks, it is not only his voice that emanates from his lips, but a stronger, more powerful voice is heard underneath. It sounds like gravel being turned inside a metal canister.

Asheroth raises his arms and his voice to the crowd. "Little Tiefling!? How dare you turn your back to me fiend! I am the Servant of my Master, Mephistopheles! And I do not see his legions battling for their lives in this arena. Oh no! Only a disgraced general and his devastated weaklings! I chose to fight here! For my Master's honor! You shall feel the burn of fire before this fight is done! I will tear your soul from your broken corpse and present it to the Lord of Cania as an offering! You profane and slander his name! He shall do the same to you! And all of his legions," Ash lifts a fist and grins to the gelugon operating the levers, "will revel in your plight and torment!"

"Yeeesss!"

Asheroth's blade flares with new life as the tiefling launches himself at Incirion. His words spout forth like they're being forced from a runner with no breath. "I'll stand--you'll see--me over all your fallen! I'll be--knee deep! Knee deep in a sea of their organs! So send me all your legion--and I'll face them! I'll face them one on one...THOUSAND! FOR MY LORD!"

As Ash changes, Keezul's eyes grow large. Never before had he seen Asheroth like this, Not even when fighting demons. Something glorious was happening in his master, and Keezul's spines bristled at the thought. Keezul sneers. Asheroth's diatribe fills the spined devil with something akin to pride, and he advances to his master's aid. "Lord Mephistopheles, I hope you're seeing this!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor action: Diplomacy-- (1d20+25)[26] to sway the ice devil manipulating the arena into swinging things Ash's way.
    Minor action: Keezul fly/runs to R10.
    Standard action: Blazing Doom of the Void vs. Incirion's AC (1d20+27)[45] (includes +2 from Soul Eater and CA); on a hit, Incirion takes (3d12+20)[38]/2 (19) fire and necrotic damage, his fire resist is reduced by another 5 til EOE and Ash gets +5 damage til EONT on Incirion.
    Last edited by Orsik Vondal; 2012-09-06 at 06:38 PM.
    "How could a man go through life with so little? Nothing of permanence, nothing built up to leave behind him. Nothing to testify to his existence at all. The kind of man who isn't focused on his own existence, I guess. The kind of man who cares more about others than he does himself..."--Harry Dresden, from Ghost Story

Nosce te ipsum

2. - Top - End - #572
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Pavick – Gnome Wizard
    HP 85/88, Surges 7/8
    AC 35, Fort 27, Reflex 31, Will 32
    Invisible to enemies 5 or more squares away

Pavick's pile of treasure continues to glitter at Aramil's feet. It may tantalize the foes, but there is little they can do to get at it for now.

Pavick turns his attention back to the bone devil, hoping to wipe out the worst injured foe while the others were tied down. He throws one hand toward the fiend and a blast of lights and colors explode from his open palm like a party popper. He hopes this small enchantment will send the bone devil reeling backward into the spinning blades behind it.

As the blast goes off, Pavick begins a rousing chorus hoping to raise his large friend's spirits. "For Shep's a jolly good shepherd. Shep's a jolly good shepherd. Shep's a jolly good shepherd. Which no goat can deny!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor: Sustain VoA. Rolls are vs. Will, even if I hit, I will choose not to move them. (Only doing it to keep up CA just in case.)
    Pit - (1d20+23)[39] (assuming I hit last round)
    Dragon - (1d20+23)[33]

Standard: Beguiling Strands on Bone Devil Attack vs Will - (1d20+21)[32]. A hit does 5 psychic damage, pushes him 3 squares into the blades behind him (ending in K-L, 11-12 if he doesn't save) and gives him a -2 penalty to his next attack roll.

Minor: Majestic Word on Shep. He regains a surge plus (3d6+4)[17] and can slide 1 square (I'll leave that up to him.)

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Mentioned this in the OOC thread, but this is going to be a fairly low-key midround (the dragon is going to end the domination, pit fiend will smack Aramil, so let's just have Aramil, Lucan, and Karl post and I'll cover everything in the end-round post:

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucan - Half-elf bard
    HP 52+23/107 AC 31 Fort 25 Ref 26 Will 30

Lucan feels Thrull's healing wash over him as he rises to his feet, takes a step back, and turns luck against the bone devil. Or tries to. He can feel the luck hanging there, just out of his reach, but he's unable to twist the bone devil's fate.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor
    Stand up (acrobat's boots)

Move
    Shift to N17

Standard
    Use Unluck against bone devil

Attack v Reflex - (1d20+20)[21]
    Damage - (1d8+14)[22]
    On hit, can replace next attack v devil with (1d20)[20], and next attack by devil with (1d20)[3]. Which I will, if it's higher and lower than the rolls would be, respectively.
    Last edited by DSCrankshaw; 2012-09-09 at 05:47 PM.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Aramil
    HP 65/136 Surges 10/10, 34
    AC 39 Fort 33 Ref 37 Will 34

"It looks to me like you've got a bigger problem, fiend, and I'm needed elsewhere."

Aramil swipes at the pit fiend with an electrified blade, then warps away and does the same to the bone devil.

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor: Circlet of Mental Onslaught power: +1 power to attack and damage for the rest of the encounter

Standard: Dual Lightning Strike on the Pit Fiend.
    Attack vs AC - (1d20+26)[33]
    Hit: Lightning Damage - (1d8+18)[21]/2= 10, and the target is marked until the end of Aramil's next turn.
    Effect: Teleport to N12, attack the Bone Devil.
    Attack vs AC - (1d20+26)[38]
    Hit: Lightning Damage - (1d8+18)[23]/2= 11, and the target is marked until the end of Aramil's next turn.

Minor: Aegis of Assault on the Bone Devil.

Saves:
    vs Poison - (1d20)[6]
    vs Fire - (1d20)[10]

6. - Top - End - #576
    Barbarian in the Playground

Karlvan
    HP
    133/133; Surges
    AC 38*, Fort 33*, Ref 27*, Will 26*

*Augmented due to being within 5 squares of John Barleycorn

The armored dwarf circled around the pit fiend, his shield held high to ward off the hellspawn's attacks. And just as the dragon was shaking his mighty head clear of Lucan's invasive magic, he brought his hammer down with a crash atop it.

Spoiler
    Show

Move Action: Pass Forward to circle around the Pit Fiend to O5 without provoking opportunity attacks.

Standard Action: Anvil of Doom on Fersavictorix
    Attack vs. Fersavictorix's AC: (1d20+23)[30]
    Damage: (2d8+22)[31] damage and Fersavictorix is stunned until the end of Karlvan's next turn.
    Last edited by Haberdashery; 2012-09-10 at 02:14 PM.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

---------- Eltain ----------

Eltain lands back on the ship, and the ice devil stares at him. In a thousand facets, Eltain can see his own reflection in the bulbous insectoid eyes. Only after a moment of baited breath, does Eltain realize that two long frost covered spears coated in frozen blood are propping the ice devil in place. Kosalram shrugs. "I didn't like the way he looked at me, but it was important to keep up appearances." He taps the ice-devil corpse puppet. "No where near my best work, but it keeps passing devils from looking too closely. So," he turns to Eltain "what's the plan? There's at least half a dozen hellships between us and the arena, every one with enough firepower to blow us out of the Astral Sea."

---------- Zyrr ------------

In the nine hells, nude succubus/alu-fiend blood wrestling matches are known as "Thursday Night entertainment" in the Carnival Macabre. However, since it's only Tuesday, this is an unusual situation. Had Zorella been focusing, she most likely could have detected the false source of the voice, but between her current state of rage and Zyrr's impecible timing, the twelve-fingered succubus growls for a moment before diving across the room at the bathing alu-fiend.

It's interesting. Had the other fiends on board been as quick to leap into action when the alarm was sounded as they did when word of the blood-wrestling sounded, Zyrr would have been caught immediately. As it is, Zyrr is able to slip into the crowd unnoticed, and just above the chants and whooping he can hear the sound of an alu-fiend gurgling as the servant of Graz'zt holds her head under the blood.

OOC: Zyrr is now a lone "tiefling" in the middle of a barge that has been thrown into chaos. Above, you have the top deck open to the Astral Sea (currently being mobilized after Eltain's exploits), below you have the VIP deck with more of the Archfiends and dukes of hell (like Baalzebul and his consorts).

---------- Arena -----------

As John Barleycorn blinks in and out of existance, renewal washes over his allies facing the Pit Fiend. However, as the Shepherd tries to bend fate to his own whim, fate proves that it has different plans in mind, and slaps the Shepherd down.

Thrull, before launching into another round of vicious words against the bone devil, sings a song of healing that helps pull Lucan away from the brink of death

Asheroth, after a lifetime of resisting the corrupting influence, finally gives in fully to the infernal power he made in despiration so long ago, and surrenders his body fully to Mephistopheles, and strikes out at the Pit Fiend in front of him. The poisoned tail of the Pit Fiend still eats away at his insides, and the blow is not as strong as Asheroth's new fiendish presence hints at.

Pavick, while humming a bit of a ditty, keeps the Pit Fiend's attention divided with the lure of treasure, but focuses his primary attack on the Bone Devil, sending it stumbling backwards almost into the whirling blades.

The Dragon takes a moment to shake his head, and clear the magiks that temporarily warped its thoughts. "NO ONE ENTERS THE MIND OF THE GREAT FERSAVICTORIX! YOU SHALL PAY FOR THAT, TINY WIZARD!"

The Pit Fiend, frustrated at it's repeated attacks against Aramil that have gone wild, takes one last swing at the Eladrin before Aramil teleports across the arena.

As Lucan's attempt to curse the bone devil go unheeded, Aramil makes a wild swipe against the Pit Fiend before teleporting across the arena to strike the Bone Devil, driving the creature to its knees.

Karlvan quickly skirts around the Pit Fiend, and brings his hammer down hard on the Dragon's head. But harder than dwarven steel is the skull of a Dragon, and Fersavictorix turns a fiery eye on the dwarf. "You shall be a snack, as soon as I burn that pesky wizard to a crisp."

As Karlvan runs around to attack the dragon, he forgets to take into account the pervasive presence of the Pit Fiend, who takes this opportunity to swipe at the dwarf, and try to trip him into the spinning blades. However, Karl is a dwarf, and dwarves do not move where they do not wish to move! Karl brings his shield up, and manages to deflect most of the damage from the Pit Fiend's attack (17 damage after resistances & sheild block (OOC)) The Dragon, eyes still on the wizard, flicks his tail towards Karlvan, ripping the flesh from the dwarf and exposing him to further harm (31 damage after resistances, & vuln 10 all)

The Dragon takes to the air, barely avoiding an attack from Karlvan, and lands by the wizard that dared infiltrate his mind. With a roar, he tries to grab the slippery wizard, and you can hear the crackle of flames in his throat as he prepares to unleash another blast. Pavick is quick, but not quick enough to avoid the claws, and the razor-sharp talons rip Pavick apart. (68 damage)

The Pit Fiend, seeing his bone devil ally completely overwhelmed, snaps his fingers and sends the bone devils stumbling forward before it explodes in a fountain of bone and gore over Shep, Lucan, Aramil, and Pavick. (27 damage) This proves too much for Pavick, who falls unconscious.

The general of Dis then turns its attention on Asheroth. "You boast for the attention of a lord of hell that the great Asmodeus himself snubbed? Truly you are foolish, whatever power you may have bargained for." He raises his mace to bring down on Asheroth's head, but notices Karlvan waiting for the opening to strike, and brings it down on the dwarf instead, following the attack with another sting from its poisoned tail, before teleporting a short distance away. Karlvan manages to block the mace, but the poison from the tail flows through his veins. (ongoing 25 & weakened, save ends both)

High up above, the devils managing the arena pull another lever, and the blades disappear, only to be replaced by bouncing currents of electricity. Whatever powers these seems to be charged with an energy that threatens to leap out at any close by.

OOC: If you end your turn adjacent to the electricity, you're gonna get zapped & thrown back

On the barge high above, you can see two of the Githyanki from earlier have entered into Baalzebul's chambers, and are arguing, pointing down towards Fersavictorix below. They appear to be angry about something.

MAP
    Spoiler
    Show

Initiative:

Shep - L16 - 27 damage
    Thrull - N16 -
    Asheroth - Q4 - marked by the Pit Fiend
    Pavick - Q17 - 95 (UNCONSCIOUS) = 68 + 27 & grabbed (escape DC 27))

Fersavictorix off-turn
    Pit Fiend off-turn

Lucan - N17 - 27 damage
    Aramil - N12 - 27 damage, ongoing 25 poison & weakened (save ends both), marked by Pit Fiend, aura damage at SoT)
    Karlvan - O5 - 17 + 31 damage (vulnerable 10 all (save ends), ongoing 25 poison, weakened (save ends both) marked by Pit Fiend, aura damage at SoT,)

Fersavictorix - R16 (12+26+87)
    Pit Fiend - Q5 (19+12+330)

Attacks:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pit Fiend Off-turn
    vs. Aramil's AC: (1d20+24)[30] (includes penalty) Damage: (2d10+15)[29]

Opportunity Attack for attacking the Dragon:
    vs. Karl's AC: (1d20+28)[48] Damage: (1d10+24)[26] fire damage & slid into the blades (saving throw, please) CRIT: 34 damage (-5 for resist -12 for shield block (OOC)) = 17
    Miss: Half Damage

Fersavictorix attack for being missed by a melee attack
    vs. Karl's Ref: (1d20+24)[44] Damage:(2d8+19)[26] & Vulnerable 10 all (save ends). CRIT: 36 damage-5 resist = 31

Fersavictorix:
    Claws
    vs. Pavick's AC: (1d20+26)[45] Damage: (3d10+20)[31] & grabbed
    vs. Pavick's AC: (1d20+26)[41] Damage: (3d10+20)[37] & grabbed (escape DC 27)

Pit Fiend:
    Exploding Ally - Damage: (3d10+9)[27]

Attack vs. Karlvan's AC: (1d20+26)[33] Damage: (2d10+15)[31] + ongoing 10 fire
    Attack vs. Karlvan's Fort: (1d20+24)[43] Damage: ongoing 25 poison & weakened

Last edited by Hzurr; 2012-09-10 at 06:45 PM.

8. - Top - End - #578

The Shepherd
    AC
    34*, Fortitude 29*, Reflex 32*, Will 37*
    HP 60/103; Surges 4/7

*Augmented due to being within 5 squares of John Barleycorn.

Buffs

Spoiler
    Show

If you're within 5 squares of John Barleycorn, you gain a +2 power bonus to all defenses (currently Aramil, Lucan, Pavick, Thrul, and Shep).

If you're in L15, M15, N15, L14, M14, N14, L13, M13, or N13 (NOBODY!), you gain cover, and at the start of your turn, Shep can slide you 3 squares whenever you like.

If you're in a burst 3 surrounding R16 (Pavick, Lucan and Thrull, you can shift 4 squares as a move action, and ignore difficult terrain during the shift.

And the Shepherd's eyes blazed. A deep rumble echoed from the pit of his chest.

"...you did not just do that."

He cracked his neck, claiming his crook from the ground. The dragon held Pavick's limp body in his claws, and the Shepherd only saw blazing red.

"You did not just hurt the Lucky Gnome."

The wind began to swirl around the Shepherd, picking up bits of grain and sand as it whipped about him.

"You should know, Vicky, I do not like it when people hurt the Lucky Gnome."

A howl shrieked across the arena as the winds surged from him, whirling into a fiery sandstorm that tore violently at the great dragon's eyes like hundreds of little shards of burning glass. Pavick fell from Fersavictorix's recoiling claws, and a gentle breeze caught him, gently ushering him to the floor of the arena, and filling his nostrils with a calm, soothing, and yet altogether pungent smell to snap him awake.

Spoiler
    Show

Move Action: Shep moves to N17, John Barleycorn moves to O13

Minor Action: Healing Spirit on Pavick, he can spend a surge and regain hit points equal to his surge value + 6. Aramil will gain 6 temporary hit points, and can either make a saving throw or regain (4d8)[10] hit points.

Standard Action: Spirit of the Hawk's Wind
    Attack vs. Vicky's Reflex: (1d20+21)[41]
    Damage: (2d8+13)[26] radiant damage 25 poison and psychic damage plus 29 radiant damage, and Vicky is blinded until the end of Shep's next turn.
    Miss: Half damage.
    Effect: The attack creates a zone in a burst 3 around Vicky that lasts until the end of the encounter. While in the zone, allies can take a move action to shift 4 squares and ignore difficult terrain during the shift.

Free Action: Alfsair Spear daily power. Vicky is dazed until the end of Shep's next turn, meaning Pavick is no longer grabbed.
    Last edited by Haberdashery; 2012-09-10 at 06:53 PM.

9. - Top - End - #579

Planetar

Asheroth Durant
    AC 32 Fort 30 Ref 27 Will 33
    HP 86/112 Surges 9/11

The flames licking at the edges Asheroth's eye sockets blacken the skin around like a piece of wood when it gets close to the heat of a fire.

Asheroth stalks around the pit fiend like a predator trying to pin him in. His movements are slow, calculated, purposeful. Wherever he trods, the arena floor is marked by a footprint of clinging fire.

Even as the pit fiend's aura of flame burns away at Keezul's essence, he yells out, "Incirion, you fool! Can you not see that my master is becoming? Once his transformation is complete, even you will not be able to stand against him! Where are your troops now? You are all that is left of the disgraced 23rd Legion!"

"...rooothhh." Asheroth's blade flashes forward, and as it cleaves the air, the flames look as though they are grasping for the pit fiend's flesh. "...ssshhheeerrr."

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: Ash moves to S5.
    Minor action: Intimidate to make the crowd shudder with excitement (1d20+21)[31]
    Standard action: Soul Eater vs. Incirion's AC (1d20+23)[42]; on a hit, Incirion takes (1d12+25)[31] fire and necrotic damage (increased by 5 from Blazing Doom of the Void, his fire resist is reduced by another 5 til EOE and Ash gets +2 attack til EONT on Incirion.
    "How could a man go through life with so little? Nothing of permanence, nothing built up to leave behind him. Nothing to testify to his existence at all. The kind of man who isn't focused on his own existence, I guess. The kind of man who cares more about others than he does himself..."--Harry Dresden, from Ghost Story

Nosce te ipsum

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Pavick - Gnome Wizard
    HP 28/88, Surges 6/8
    Invisible to enemies 5 or more squares away, Cover from Shep's zone (not included above)

Pavick awakens, after briefly falling to the dragon's claws. He is grasped between the dragon's talons, and staring up its flaring nostrils. He stifles a gasp, then as Shep's magic takes hold he feels the dragon's hold go slack and the dragon's eyes glaze over.

"Thanks Shep! I really am lucky to have a friend like you!" he calls back to the goliath as he crawls out from under the dragon's hold. He darts back into the cover of the barley field that John Barleycorn had created earlier, hoping the cover would give him some protection.

Finally, from the relative safety of the barley field, Pavick performs the minor incantation to maintain the pile of gleaming gold.

Spoiler
    Show

Move: Stand

Move: to L15

Minor: Maintain VoA Will attack on Pit F - (1d20+23)[34].
    Last edited by dariathalon; 2012-09-11 at 07:05 AM.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Posting for Nai Calus

Thrull Elfkiller - 69/106 - 32/27/30/32

As Pavick quickly moves out of the Dragon's reach, Thrull begins a quick chant that echoes Shep's, providing even more healing to the wounded gnome, before turning his attention on the Pit Fiend.

OOC: Pavick gets a HS + (3d6+6)[21]

Thrull begins tapping a tune on his foot, and soon the Pit Fiend is tapping in rhythm as well. Just as the Fiend begins finding his groove, Thrull suddenly changes the tempo, causing the Pit Fiend to stumble and opening him up for an attack from Asheroth.

Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show

Minor: Majestic Word on Pavick
    Move: To U11 (taking damage from the aura & marked)
    Standard: Blunder on the Pit Fiend's Will: (1d20+24)[34] (includes CA)
    Damage: (1d6+10)[12]

Saving throw from the Pit Fiend: (1d20+5)[20]
    If the Pit Fiend goes into the electricity: (3d12)[18]

Last edited by Hzurr; 2012-09-11 at 02:56 PM.

12. - Top - End - #582

Planetar

"...Toooooooooo aaaaaaassssssshhhhh..."

Seeing the opening provided by Thrull's spell over the pit fiend, the massive brute housed in Asheroth's body slices its blade unhurriedly through the air. Almost slowly; the flames lingering in the air.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soul Eater vs. Incirion's AC [roll]1d20+30[roll] (+2 CA and +5 from Thrull); on a hit, Incirion takes [roll]1d12+20[roll] fire and necrotic damage, his fire resist is reduced by another 5 til EOE and Ash gets +2 attack til EONT on Incirion.
    Last edited by Orsik Vondal; 2012-09-11 at 05:19 PM.

Nosce te ipsum

13. - Top - End - #583
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

Mid-Round

Life Lessons: Do not hurt the Lucky Gnome

Shep wastes little time in calling up a sandstorm that whirls around the dragon and the unconscious gnome, sending Fersavictorix spinning even as healing magic washed over Pavick. The Red Dragon drops the gnome, clutching at its head as the wind howls around it.

Striding forward, Asheroth brings his blade deep into the side of the Pit Fiend, causing the General of Dis to clutch his side in agony as his blood spills out over the arena

Thrull also sends a song of healing, before the rhythm of his voice causes the Pit Fiend to stumble, opening up Asheroth to make a quick strike that again finds its mark.

Pavick, once again conscious, quickly stands and scuttles away out of the reach of the gigantic beast, putting Shep and Lucan in it's path even as the wizard maintains the magical treasure.

The dragon tosses its head back and forth, trying to escape the swirling winds that beat against his eyes. In Shep's general direction, it shouts out "That is twice you have taken my dinner from me. It seems to me that I should eat my meat cooked instead of raw." Heat begins building in the back of the dragon's throat.

The Pit Fiend, slowly rising to his feet, takes one more swipe at the Dwarf that won't stop pestering it, before it fixes its eyes on Asheroth. "Your time has come, little Tiefling..." Unfortunately, his gaze is so distracted by the Tiefling that Karlvan is easily able to deflect the blow.

MAP:
    Spoiler
    Show

Initiative:

Shep - L16 -
    Thrull - N16 - marked by the Pit Fiend, aura damage at SoT
    Asheroth - Q4 - marked by the Pit Fiend
    Pavick - Q17 -

Fersavictorix off-turn
    Pit Fiend off-turn

Lucan - N17
    Aramil - N12 ongoing 25 poison & weakened (save ends both), marked by Pit Fiend, aura damage at SoT)
    Karlvan - O5 - (vulnerable 10 all (save ends), ongoing 25 poison, weakened (save ends both) marked by Pit Fiend, aura damage at SoT,)

Fersavictorix - R16 (54+125, blinded)
    Pit Fiend - Q5 - Bloodied - (31+12+23+361, no fire resistance)

Attack Roll:
    Spoiler
    Show

vs. Karlvan's AC (1d20+26)[35] Damage: (2d10+15)[35] (+Vulnerability) & ongoing 10 fire.
    Last edited by Hzurr; 2012-09-11 at 06:27 PM.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucan - Half-elf bard
    HP 48/107 AC 31 Fort 25 Ref 26 Will 30

Seeing the dragon preparing to breathe fire, Lucan does the smart thing and runs. "Scatter!" he shouts to the others, firing a couple of arrows over his shoulder as he continues to run.

Spoiler
    Show

Move
    Move to M10

Standard
    Use Attacks on the Run
    Move to J6, make two attacks vs the dragon on the way
    Attack v AC - (1d20+22)[40] + 2 CA
    Damage - (3d10+10)[38]
    Attack v AC - (1d20+22)[34] + 2 CA
    Damage - (3d10+10)[29]
    Last edited by DSCrankshaw; 2012-09-12 at 07:22 AM.

15. - Top - End - #585

Oklahoma, where the air elementals carry brooms

(30 poison damage at start of turn due to.... poison, and 20 fire damage due to aura.)

Karlvan Start of Turn: 25/133HP (Bloodied) 13/15 healing surges

End of Turn: 91/133 HP, 12/15 healing surges
    38 AC, 33 Fort, 25 Ref, 26 Will (due to +2 bonus for 1 round from Second Wind use)

The shield rings in time with Thrull's chant as the dwarf deflects blow after blow. Karlvan digs deep down into his inherent dwarven toughness to shrug off the pit fiend's poison yet again, but the dragon's talons prove tougher to ignore, gouging clear scratches across grey armor bearing a web of lesser nicks. The metal the claws exposed gleam brightly, activating some sort of magical effect. Beneath all the damage, the dwarf is howling with laughter. "Finally, somebody be noticing the dwarf enough to give a tickle! Now you two stop with the love taps and be showing me some real fighting!" His next deflection is followed by a backswing from his hammer, aiming to crack a rib.

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor action to take 10 damage to auto-save against the Weakened and Poison Damage.
    Minor action to use Dwarven Resilience and regain 33 HP. Also, free action to use my Dwarven Armor's daily effect to regain 33 additional HP. Current total: 91HP. No longer bloodied. 12 surges remain.
    Standard action to make an MBA against the Pit Fiend. Attack - (1d20+23)[43]
    Hit: Using my second Power Strike to deal a total of Damage - (3d8+32)[48], target is Slowed, Immobilized, and Rattled (End of Next Turn all). - Due to the roll being a crit, Karlvan instead deals 66 damage and knocks the Pit Fiend prone as well.
    Miss: 6 damage.
    Due to his Critical Hardening feature, Karlvan gains 10 damage resist all until the end of his next turn, which overwrites his 5 damage resistance and thus exactly cancels out the dragon's vulnerability debuff.
    Save vs Vulnerability: Save - (1d20)[6], using Dauntless Endurance to reroll if the result is below a ten. ReSave - (1d20)[3]

-----

Zyrr

Zyrr shifts his form into that of a succubus. Because from the sound of things the ship now has room for exactly one more non-artillery bombshell. After using a pocket mirror to finish the touches on "her" disguise, she makes her way abovedecks to see what all the ruckus is about.
    Last edited by Toric; 2012-09-12 at 07:03 PM.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Aramil
    HP 77+6t/136 Surges 9/10, 34
    AC 41 Fort 35 Ref 39 Will 36

Aramil surveys the battlefield. The Dragon was his main concern now. Knowing that he'll need to teleport to reach the beast before it can shake off its blindness and attack Pavick again, he engages his cloak's magic to let him step between spaces one more time, striking quickly before taking a breath to collect himself.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Minor: Cloak of Translocation to refresh Fey Step

Move: Fey Step to T15 (teleport distance of 5 raised to 6 by Mithrendain Steel Longsword), MBA against the dragon
    Attack vs AC - (1d20+25)[41]
    Damage - (1d8+16)[24]

Standard: Second Wind.
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2012-09-12 at 07:56 PM.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ogre in the Playground

Eltain - Half-Eladrin Cavalier|Warlock

Eltain raises an eyebrow at Kosalram.

"You think there's actually a plan?" He grins. "I can assure you that if there was, I never would have made it here. The multiverse is perverse that way." He turns serious and frowns.

“Alright, here's the situation. I left Zyrr. Not proud of it, but I had to. Has he ever told you about Zorella? She's a succubus we met some time back. She wants us dead. We ran into her, she recognized me and I had to run, but Zyrr is still back there with half the barge after him." He sighs.

"So that's him. As for the others, the arena fight is unsurprisingly neither fair nor going well. It's going to be a bloodbath, and not in our favor. We need to get them out of there before it's too late, and rescue Zyrr as well. But how..." He looks around, back at the arena and the ships between him and his friends, then suddenly gets an idea. He turns to Kosalram.

"You know, I bet they'd think it was hilarious if a ship were to go out of control and crash into the arena..." He grins. "Not really out of control, of course. We fly in like the ship's lost control, right ourselves at the last minute over the arena, have the crew throw ropes and ladders to our companions and once we've got them, get the hells out and fly as fast as we can. If we can get to or at least near the edge of the fleet, I can create a distraction that ought to throw most of the fleet off and if we're lucky even mess some of it up."

"So. You fly this thing, I'll try to make the magical signature of the engines look like something has gone wrong, and everyone look panicked. Got it? Great, let's go."

Spoiler
    Show

No text colors, too hard to do on my phone. Fortunately though both skills that make sense here are ones I know the modifier for right off. Let's see...
    Arcana to make the engines seem disabled: (1d20+25)[33]
    Bluff to try to look convincing: (1d20+19)[23]
    And I don't know Kosalram's modifiers for flying the ship, so you can roll that, Jon.
    Last edited by Nai_Calus; 2012-09-13 at 05:46 AM.
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    Twitter | Google+ | AIM: iankunx | Skype: Nai.Calus | Y!IM: nai_calus
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

---------------- Zyrr --------------------

As Zyrr the succubus gets to the top of the deck, there are a few things that catch his eye. First, he notices a number of troops starting to prepare small astral skiffs to give chase after some "crazy elf on a flying donkey" that had just flown by, plus there's some ruckus about a spy on board the ship. That, plus an arena fight that's proving to be much more interesting than most of the fiends expected, all leads to a bit of a chaotic situation. For the most part, the patrols that are starting to organize for a sweep of the ship pay no attention to the Succubus that is wandering past, but just as Zyrr begins to think that he'll slip out unscathed, a taloned hand grasps his arm. "You. You're not one of Baalzebul's usual consorts. Did Graz'zt send you too? What are you doing on the top deck?"

---------------- Eltain --------------------

Eltain is no spelljammer expert, but his magical training is thorough enough that before long a plume of purple smoke intermixed with sparks is shooting out of the rear of the ship. With a groan and a great lurch, the ship starts flying into the center of the fleet towards the arena. Kosalram's piloting is sufficiently erratic, and most of the devils (even the ones that have to frantically steer their ships out of the way) begin jeering and hollering as you careen through. Eltain and the other crew members scream as they dart around the ship, desperately looking like they're trying to stabilize it. The ruse seems to be working, but out of the corner of his eye Eltain spies a Pit Fiend looking down from the bow of a Planar dromad high above. The Fiendish general's eyes narrow, and it growls out a command to a squadron of nearby devils, who nod and begin making their way towards the "out of control" ship.

---------------- Arena --------------

Even as Lucan runs, his shots easily find the gaps between the dragon scales, and both arrows sink deep into Fersavictorix's flesh.

Aramil disappears with a wink and re-appears with similar luck to Lucan, plunging his blade into the scaled creature.

Karlvan, in a brief moment of dwarven rage brings his hammer down on the Pit Fiend, cracking one of its horns and sending the creature stumbling to the ground. The Pit Fiend turns a murderous eye on him, but before the attack can come a jolt of electricity strikes Karlvan, sending him stumbling backwards towards the edge. Luckily, his dwarven legs absorb some of the movement, keeping him from stumbling back too far. (22 damage)

Fersavictorix, still blind and overwhelmed with rage steps forward to where it remembers Lucan and Shep, and unleashes a gout of flame. Lucan safely made it away, but the flames wash over Shep and Pavick, burning the rock and the lucky gnome (41 fire damage). However, as the dragon steps forward, it opens itself up to another attack from Aramil

OOC: Aramil can make an OA as the dragon moves

The Pit Fiend shakily stands up, and turns to the only creature within reach, the transformed Asheroth. "So, you think you know power? You think you know fear? Perhaps if you bend knee before me, I shan't consume your soul in addition to your body?" Panick washes over the Tiefling, followed soon after by a flaming mace and stinging tail. (20 damage, ongoing 25 poison & weakened (save ends)), However, in its wrath, the Pit Fiend did not stop to consider what had just happened to Karlvan, and is also jolted by lightning and sent stumbling across the arena.

On the barge high above, the Githyanki have pulled out a scroll and seem to be arguing vehemently with Baalzebul, pointing to the scroll, then to the dragon. The Lord of Flies seems to be growing increasingly angry and frustrated.

MAP:
    Spoiler
    Show

Initiative:

Shep - N17 - 41 damage
    Thrull - U11 - marked by the Pit Fiend, aura damage at SoT
    Asheroth - Q4 -20 damage,ongoing 10 fire (lol), ongoing 25 poison & weakened (save ends both), -5 to defenses til End of the Pit fiend's next turn, marked by the Pit Fiend
    Pavick - Q17 - 41 damage

Fersavictorix off-turn
    Pit Fiend off-turn

Lucan - N17
    Aramil - T15
    Karlvan - P3 - 22 lighting damage (vuln/res cancel), (vulnerable 10 all (save ends), marked by Pit Fiend, aura damage at SoT,)

Fersavictorix - R16 (270, blinded)
    Pit Fiend - O17 - Bloodied - (515, no fire resistance, rattled, immobilized)

Spoiler
    Show

Lightning Damage (on Karl & Pit Fiend):
    (3d12)[22]

Fersavictorix:
    vs. Shep's Ref (1d20+24)[35]
    vs. Pavick's Ref (1d20+24)[34]
    Damage: (4d12+12)[41]
    Miss: Half

Pit Fiend:
    Point of Terror on Asheroth:
    (1d20+22)[40] vs. Will
    Hit: Ash takes a -5 to defenses until the Pit Fiend's next turn.

Mace: (1d20+24)[37] (includes rattled) vs. AC - (2d10+15)[20] & ongoing 10 fire damage (save ends)
    Tail: (1d20+22)[34](includes rattled) vs. Fort - Ongoing 25 poison damage & weakened (save ends both)
    Last edited by Hzurr; 2012-09-13 at 06:11 PM.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Pavick - Gnome Wizard
    HP 51/88, Surges 5/8
    Invisible to enemies 5 or more squares away, Cover from Shep's zone (not included above)

Expecting what is coming from the dragon's mouth, at the last moment, Pavick is able to throw up a quick shield that deflects the worst of the flames to the side. Pavick still ends up slightly crispy, but the blast is no where near as bad as it could have been.

He then takes a moment to continue his spell, attempting to lure the devil back to the pile of treasure. With that accomplished, Pavick weaves yet another spell, both amplifying his voice and giving it a measure of command it normally wouldn't hold. "STAY STILL!"

Despite his own command to his foes, Pavick himself darts across the battlefield, hoping to keep the enemies off his trail for a little while longer.

Spoiler
    Show

Immediate: Shield to protect against the dragon's breath.

Minor: VoA on the Pit Fiend Attack vs Will - (1d20+23)[36] Hit pulls 4 squares back toward the zone's center to QR, 67

Standard: Mesmeric Hold on both enemies. Dragon Attack vs Will - (1d20+23)[35] and Pit Fiend Attack vs Will - (1d20+23)[39]. A hit does psychic damage - (2d6+13)[15], immobilizes, and gives a -2 to their next attack roll. A miss slows them instead.

Move: to O10.

20. - Top - End - #590

The Shepherd
    AC
    36*, Fortitude 31*, Reflex 34*, Will 39*
    HP 45/103; Surges 3/7

*Augmented due to being within 5 squares of John Barleycorn, and from second wind.

Buffs
    Spoiler
    Show

If you're within 5 squares of John Barleycorn, you gain a +2 power bonus to all defenses (currently Lucan, Pavick, and Shep).

If you're in L15, M15, N15, L14, M14, N14, L13, M13, or N13 (NOBODY!), you gain cover, and at the start of your turn, Shep can slide you 3 squares whenever you like.

If you're in a burst 3 surrounding R16 (Aramil), you can shift 4 squares as a move action, and ignore difficult terrain during the shift.

If you're adjacent to John Barleycorn before the end of Shep's next turn, you can use your second wind as a minor action.

The rock held its place against the fiery torrent, and his cloak whipped past him, spitting orange-red sparks. And the rock stood firm, his face grim, his eyes calm, glassy things; he held his crook in one hand, the butt to the ground, and weathered all of the dragon's breath.

The dragon's lungs finally empty, the Shepherd remained still, eyes never leaving the great scaled beast. There was a smudge of soot at the very tip of his nose. Perhaps too late, the Shepherd finally scattered, after his gnomish companion weaved colorful magic to hold the dragon in place. John Barleycorn followed, and the rows of clay stalks rolled behind him, growing shaggy tuft-like beards.

Spoiler
    Show

Move Action: Shep goes to N11, John goes to N10.

Minor Action: Hearth Spirit. Lucan, Pavick, and Shep regain (1d6)[1] hit points, and can use their second winds while adjacent to John Barleycorn as minor actions until the end of Shep's next turn.

Minor Action: Second wind. Anticlimactic? Yes.
    Last edited by Haberdashery; 2012-09-14 at 01:41 PM.

21. - Top - End - #591

Planetar

Asheroth Durant
    AC 32 Fort 30 Ref 27 Will 33
    HP 41/112 (bloodied) Surges 10/11

As poison from the pit fiend's tail courses through veins of fire, the brute that was Asheroth circles Incirion like prey. In doing so its steps become heavier; its frame more solid. Suddenly, with movements quicker than one could have thought possible, this mass of fire and rage charges the pit fiend meaning to rend the tail from Incirion's hind quarters.

As blade sinks into flesh, the devilish brute stares Incirion down and savors the sound of impending victory.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: Ash moves to Q8.
    Minor action: Iron Aspect of Dispater: Ash gains resist 5/all til EONT and can negate forced movement.
    Standard action: Charge Incirion and attack with Soul Eater vs. Incirion's AC (1d20+27)[47] (+2 from Rod of the Bloodthorn, +2 from Soul Feast); on a hit, Incirion takes (1d12+25)[27] 32/2 fire and necrotic damage + 29 extra damage, and Ash gets +2 attack til EONT on Incirion.
    Save v. poison and weakened (1d20)[18]
    Last edited by Orsik Vondal; 2012-09-15 at 06:22 AM.

Nosce te ipsum

22. - Top - End - #592
    Ogre in the Playground

Thrull - 54/106 - 30/25/28/30

Thrull growls. This is getting intolerable. He sings a quick song to disorient the dragon.

Spoiler
    Show

Move: To R7
    Masks of Menace on Fersavictorix: (1d20+22)[38] vs Will
    On hit: (3d6+10)[23] Psychic Damage and he takes a -5 penalty to attack rolls that don't include Asheroth as a target until the end of my next turn, plus the standard -2 to next attack from Psychic Lock, which applies to Asheroth as well. And the -2 to attack me from Beguiling Enchantment, which stacks with the one from Psychic Lock.
    Minor: Do the Hustle.
    Immediates: Standard notes regarding Word of Life and Trickery's Reward.
    Last edited by Nai_Calus; 2012-09-14 at 11:22 AM.
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

23. - Top - End - #593
    Ogre in the Playground

Eltain -

Eltain notices the incoming devils and swears silently to himself.

"We're gonna have company," he calls to Kosalram. "Everyone get ready. But don't look too ready." He turns and waves to the oncoming devils as if seeking their help, though ready to attack at a moment's notice if need be. As the approach the ship he calls out to them.

"Hey! Great, glad you've come! We could use some help here getting this ship stable!"

Spoiler
    Show

Bluff: (1d20+19)[29]

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

--------- Eltain ----------

The Devils that land on your ship look around at the swirling smoke and the out-of-control ship. "What the Abyss is going on here? How did this happen?" Rather than wait for your answer, the devil steps on on the main deck and starts barking orders to both his crew and to yours, orders that will both "fix" the ship and correct the course; even as the vessel quickly approaches the arena.

OOC: Could I get either a pure charisma check to have the devils/crew obey your orders over the Pit Fiend's?

--------------------------------

Shep springs into action, repositioning John Barelycorn and taking a moment to catch his breath. Unfortunately, Shep paused to heal himself next to the lightning cages, and a bolt sets the Goliath's hair on end and sends him stumbling across the arena. (14 damage)

Thrull, despite the threatening presence of the Pit Fiend, manages to send a quick curse against the dragon, blurring all but Asheroth from his sight.

Asheroth quickly darts around closer to his allies, but not before striking the Pit Fiend again. The strike is true, but the poison flowing through Asheroth's veins slows his blade. Still, the blade digs deep into the Pit Fiend's tail, sending infernal blood spewing everywhere, the stinger only hanging on by a few tendons.

The voice that comes from Pavick is one not often heard from the small gnome, and it rings with power, holding the Pit Fiend and Dragon firmly in place, even as the words of command digs within their brains. However, the gnome isn't careful as he moves forward, and the heat eminating off of the Pit Fiend digs at the gnomes flesh. (Pavick enters the Pit Fiend's aura, takes 15 damage, is marked).

Fersavictorix, unable to resist Pavick's command, finds his wings unable to flap. All but Asheroth are difficult to make out, but in frustration the dragon lashes out against the one creature it can see, Aramil. However, the enchantments woven by Thrull are potent enough that the dragon can barely make out the eladrin before it. It's laughable how easily Aramil hops over both attacks.

The Pit Fiend, wounded tail flapping, turns to examine Asheroth. "Your temporary successes betray your weakness. I shall teach you what the true powers of hell holds, little tiefling." and jabs the tail into the beast that was Asheroth, again sending the potent poison into his veins. Even as he does, acidic blood splashes on Asheroth, but the iron skin the tiefling had developed manages to absorb it (ongoing 25 poison & weakened).

Even as the battle continues to rage, in the distance you can see the Jammer heading towards you, purple smoke streaming out of its engines and a flurry of activity on the deck. Yet even from here, you can see the platinum white hair of Eltain on the deck, yelling out orders. It looks like it's headed straight for you, and is going to crash into the arena!

OOC: The ship will crash into the arena mid-round in the next round.

MAP:
    Spoiler
    Show

Initiative:

Shep - R9 - 14 damage, marked by Pit Fiend, aura damage at SoT
    Thrull - U11 - marked by the Pit Fiend, aura damage at SoT
    Asheroth - T8 - marked by the Pit Fiend, -5 to defenses til End of Pit Fiend's next turn, ongoing 25 poison & weakened (save ends both)
    Pavick - O10 - 15 damage, Marked by Pit Fiend, Aura damage at SoT

Fersavictorix off-turn
    Pit Fiend off-turn

Lucan - N17 (marked by Pit Fiend, aura damage at SoT,)
    Aramil - T15
    Karlvan - P3 - 22 lighting damage (vuln/res cancel), (vulnerable 10 all (save ends), marked by Pit Fiend, aura damage at SoT,)

Fersavictorix - R16 (23+25+15+270, penalty attack to all but Asheroth)
    Pit Fiend - O17 - Bloodied - (15+515, no fire resistance, rattled, immobilized)

Spoiler
    Show

Lightning Damage: (3d12)[14]

Dragon:
    Claw: (1d20+19)[21] vs. Aramil's AC (includes penalties from Thrull/Pavick) Damage: (3d10+20)[39] & grabbed (escape DC 27)
    Claw: (1d20+19)[21] vs. Aramil's AC (includes penalties from Thrull/Pavick) (3d10+20)[40] & grabbed (escape DC 27)

Pit Fiend:
    Tail vs. Asheroth's Fort: (1d20+18)[33] (includes rattled, Pavick's penalty, & penalty from damaged tail) Hit: (1d10)[4] acid damage, 25 ongoing poison & weakened (save ends both)
    Last edited by Hzurr; 2012-09-15 at 10:46 PM.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucan - Half-elf bard
    HP 57/107 AC 33 Fort 27 Ref 28 Will 32 (including the +2 defense bonus from Barleycorn)

Lucan takes a step closer to Pavick, so that he's next to John Barleycorn, and takes advantage of Shep's magic to heal himself. Then he raises his bow and sends two arrows winging at the Pit Fiend.

Spoiler
    Show

Move
    Move to N10

Minor
    Lucan spends a healing surge

Standard
    Use Twin Strike on Pit Fiend

Attack - (1d20+22)[25]
    Damage - (1d10+8)[18]
    Attack - (1d20+22)[42]
    Damage - (1d10+8)[13] 31
    Last edited by DSCrankshaw; 2012-09-16 at 02:03 PM.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

OOC: Actually, rather than Eltain trying to just hit a straight DC with a charisma check, it'll be an opposed roll vs the devil's charisma: (1d20+10)[19]

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Prettiness check: (1d20+14)[34]

Eltain visibly relaxes and gives the devil commander a winning smile.

"Thanks so much for your help. It's so rare to see such masterful discipline; if only there were more like you in the worlds to keep things running smoothly. You've got a damn fine crew here," he says, oozing charm as he falls in with the rest of the two crews to 'stabilize' the ship. "I do hope your work is as appreciated as it should be. If you ever want a new line of work, we're always looking for good workers who know discipline." He moves about the ship doing his 'work', offering handshakes here, a helping hand there, a well-placed compliment over there, until he has the devils eating out of his hand for the moment. He winks at a couple of the devils that seem likely to appreciate such things just to really drive it home and continues to ready things.
    Last edited by Nai_Calus; 2012-09-16 at 12:38 AM.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Aramil
    HP 77+6t/136 Surges 9/10, 34
    AC 37 Fort 33 Ref 35 Will 34

Aramil continues to engage the dragon, as he knows that the Orc-blooded bard's chant will not deter the beast for long.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Shift to T16. If the Rose King's Shield feat can be used by traveling a long way around, do so.

Minor: Aegis of Assault on the dragon. DM's call on whether Cloak of Translocation grants the bonus from its property due to this power (has the Teleportation keyword, but does not teleport until its secondary action is triggered).

Standard: Booming Blade on the dragon.
    Attack vs AC - (1d20+24)[25]
    Hit: Damage - (1d8+21)[26] (Free Action to activate Ruby Scabbard's power for a free +1 to damage on hit), Aramil gains 5 temp. HP (10 if RKS is allowed its greater benefit), and if the dragon moves on its turn, it takes Thunder Damage - (1d6+17)[22]
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2012-09-18 at 12:28 PM.

29. - Top - End - #599

Oklahoma, where the air elementals carry brooms

Karlvan Start of Turn: 79/133HP (Bloodied) 12/15 healing surges
    End of Turn: 64/133HP (Bloodied) 12/15 healing surges
    36 AC, 31 Fort, 25 Ref, 24 Will Net 5 Vulnerability at end of turn

(15 fire damage taken due to pit fiend's aura)

Finding himself distanced from the pit fiend, Karlvan makes the best of the situation by calling over his shoulder to the githyanki arguing with the Archfiend. "What's the matter, sad we be killing yer scaley pet? Not to worry, once 'is pet fiend finishes it off ye can always be selling its head to ol' Brendelbub to make into a flame-breathing trap! Assuming he nay already be owning it!"

And he can't very well wait around to see the reaction to his words because he needs to rush back into the fray. Which he does with a blood-drunk howl that shakes the walls of the arena, continuing his relentless assault on the pit fiend.

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate - (1d20+14)[27] on the Githyanki to convince them they are about to lose their dragon.
    Taking a minor action to incite the crowd. Intimidate - (1d20+14)[34] with DC 24 to gain a +2 to hit.

Charging to R5 to attack the pit fiend. Attack - (1d20+24)[41]
    Hit: Damage - (3d8+24)[33] (extra 1d8+2 due to charging with an Avalanche Hammer), target is rattled, slowed, and knocked prone.
    Miss: 6 damage.

Save - (1d20)[17] vs Vulnerability[/roll]

---

Zyrr

"Unhand me!" the succubus yelps, slapping the devil's arm with her free hand. "It's bad enough I'm the one entertainer sent upstairs to 'see what the ruckus is about.'" she complains with appropriate air quotations. "I didn't come up here just so you lessers could put your grubby claws on me. What is going on here!?"
    Last edited by Toric; 2012-09-19 at 09:40 PM.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

Lucan, after a brief moment of respite, fires two quick arrows at the Pit Fiend. The first one goes wide, disappearing into the lightning cage nearby, but the second finds its target, and sinks into the Pit Fiend's flesh.

With a crackling of thunder, Aramil's blade comes down against the Red Dragon, but the creature's thick scaly hide proves too much for even Mithrendain's blade. As Aramil reverberates slightly from the clanging sword, the Dragon takes the opportunity to swing at the swordmage with his tail. The curse of Thrull still holds strong, however, and the Aramil easily hops over the thrashing dragon tail.

As Karlvan charges back into the frey with hammer raised, he can quickly see that his words have an effect on the Githyanki. One of the the pair throws up his hands in exasperation, and blows a small whistle hanging from his neck. In the arena below, Fersavictorix's head pops up, and swivels towards the sound. "No! Not yet! Wait til I finish one of these impudent mortals!" The whistle again blows, and the dragon looks exceptionally irritated, swinging his head back and forth between the arena and the githyanki, but makes no move to leave.

OOC: If you bloody the dragon, you can make another diplomacy/intimidate check to get the Githyanki to pull the dragon out of the match. Moderate DC.

Even as the Dragon and the Githyanki have their little spat, Karlvan's momentum carries him forward with the roaring of the crowd, and knocks the Pit Fiend flat on his back.

The dragon, vision still blurred from the curse Thrull placed on him, glances around before its eyes focus in on the one creature it can see clearly: Asheroth. Taking a quick step away from Aramil, the dragon spits a small ball of flaming mucus that covers the Tiefling, the sticky substance covering and burning the otherwise flame-resistant warlock. (7 fire damage after resistances, ongoing 20 (save ends) fire & lose all fire resist (save ends))

With a groan the Pit Fiend looks up from the ground, and for the first time gets a good look at the Shepherd standing in front of him. Suddenly, the Infernal General's eyes widen. With a glance up at Baalzebul, who gives him a brief nod before returning to his argument with the Gith, the Pit Fiend teleports, gives a roar to cower the Goliath, and takes a swing at the Shepherd. The mace cracks against the Shepherd's skull, sending blood splattering across the arena (35 damage & ongoing 10 fire (save ends)), but the injured tail of the Pit Fiend comes nowhere close.

From up above, you can hear a metallic groaning as levers are once again pulled, and the lightning dies down. For a moment, there's no sound, and the devils in the surrounding ships lean forward to get a look at what new feature will be added to the arena. Suddenly, the floor opens up, revealing pits of wriggling, squirming grubs. Each grub has a round, fang filled mouth, and is as big around as Pavick's arm. In a giant heap the roll around on top of each other, seeking new meat.

MAP:
    Spoiler
    Show

Initiative:

Pit Fiend's Aura does 15 fire damage & marks creatures within 5 squares

Shep - R9 - 35 damage & ongoing 10 fire (save ends) (marked by Pit Fiend, aura damage at SoT)
    Thrull - U11 - (marked by Pit Fiend, aura damage at SoT)
    Asheroth - T8 - 6 damage (ongoing 20 fire (save ends), no fire resistance (save ends), marked by Pit Fiend, aura damage at SoT)
    Pavick - O10 - (marked by Pit Fiend, aura damage at SoT)

Fersavictorix off-turn
    Pit Fiend off-turn

Lucan - N10 (marked by Pit Fiend, aura damage at SoT,)
    Aramil - T16
    Karlvan - R5 - (marked by Pit Fiend, aura damage at SoT)

Fersavictorix - O17 (333)
    Pit Fiend - R7 - Bloodied - (594, no fire resistance, rattled, immobilized, prone)

Spoiler
    Show

Fersavictorix
    Reaction vs. Aramil's Ref: (1d20+19)[25] (includes penalty)
    Damage: (2d8+19)[26] damage & vulnerable 10 all (save ends)

Immolate Foe vs. Asheroth's Ref
    (1d20+24)[38] (1d10+21)[25] fire damage & ongoing 20 fire (save ends)
    Miss: Half Damage & ongoing 10
    Effect: Target & adjacent creatures lose all fire resistance (save ends)

Recharge: (1d6)[5]
    Breath Weapon recharge: (1d6)[6]

Pit Fiend
    Point of Terror vs. Shep's Will (1d20+20)[33] (includes penalties) Hit: Shep takes a -5 penalty to defenses til the end of the Pit Fiend's next turn.

Flaming Mace: (1d20+22)[42] (includes penalties) vs. AC
    Damage: (2d10+15)[32] & ongoing 10 fire (save ends)
    CRIT: 35 damage & ongoing 10 fire

Tail Sting: (1d20+18)[25](includes penalties) vs. Fortitude
    Hit: (1d10)[1] acid + ongoing 25 poison & weakened (save ends both)
    Last edited by Hzurr; 2012-09-20 at 12:30 AM.