Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Results 691 to 720 of 753
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Mando Knight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    With Pavick's portal in place, Aramil teleports about, striking at the slug-like Lord of the Flies before vanishing through the portal.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Fey Step to E2.
    Attack vs AC - (1d20+25)[29] (including CA)
    Damage - (1d8+16)[18]

    Standard: Dual Lightning Strike
    Attack vs AC - (1d20+25)[39]
    Lightning Damage - (1d8+17)[24], marked.
    Effect: Teleport to C8. Assuming this will allow Aramil to travel through the portal immediately.
    Avatar by Mr. Saturn

    Magic... magic never changes

  2. - Top - End - #692
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    DM Post

    As Eltain, Shep, and Aramil battle over Shep's signing, Pavick tumbles backwards into a swirling purple portal that appears behind him.

    Through the odd vortex, there's a blast of fresh air that for a moment takes away the stench and decay that pollutes the room. As Pavick tumbles backwards through the vortex, he finds himself in a small pool of water in the middle of a forest. The pool is in a stone basin only a few feet above the forest floor, and around the edges of the basin Pavick can see the faint outline of the sigil sequence that he was given. The forest ground is covered with soft green ivy, but the trees above seem to be in the grasp of autumn. Leaves of red and gold so brilliant they almost look like fire make a ceiling above you, with an occasional sunbeam finding a way down to the floor below in a long ribbon of glowing light.

    Like a hero in one of the stories he told in the inn, Lucan slides across the table and rolls through the portal to the far side, but not before taking a moment to send an arrow into the Succubus on the floor.

    Rather than attacking, Asheroth slides the noose of a rope over Zorella's foot before dashing through the portal, and calling on the infernal powers of Dis to make his feet like iron.

    Aramil blinks across the room to attack the Archduke of Maladomini. The first attack fails to pierce the hide of the Fiend, but Aramil's second attack finds its way between two folds of the slug's slimy skin. Even as Aramil starts to teleport away, small maggots explode from the wound, covering the Eladrin and digging into his flesh. (immediate reaction to being attacked, Aramil takes ongoing damage equal to his bloodied value)

    Thrull and Karlvan look at each other, and quickly scramble around the table and dart through the portal.

    The Medusa, finding his target gone, steps over to Eltain and tries to look deep in the half-eladrin's eyes. From the medusa's eyes, Eltain can feel poison slipping into his body and mind, weakening him. (19 damage, dazed & weakened (save ends both))

    From her back, Zorella raises her hands and spreads her fingers, sending a wave of fire through the portal, catching Aramil, Zyrr, Pavick and Lucan in the flames. As she does so, she mutters a few words, and Pavick can feel Slick trashing and twisting inside of his robe. It almost feels like the serpent might be growing. Gazing through the vortex, Zorella's eyes meet Asheroth's at the other end of the portal. "My dear tiefling, whatever are you doing on that side? Don't you know that here with me is the only place where your power will truly blossom and you can get your soul back? Come to me, my noble champion..." Zorella's eyes glow, as she tries to lay her spell on the warlock, but the combination of the vortex, the blast of fire she just sent through, and the rope attaching the two makes the attempt laughable.

    Baalzebul ignores everything else going on in the room, his eyes fixed on the Shepherd in front of him. A swarm of flies rises around the Goliath, hiding him from everyone else in the room. "I'll kill them all, ********, and the imps will feast on their souls. Without them the feywild will fall, and I will use it as a dumping ground for the fetid wastes of the Nine Hells. UNLESS. YOU. SIGN!" The paper on the table that Aramil had sliced in half repairs itself, and the archduke again extends a glowing red pen.

    Baftis does not bother to stand, but turns to stare at the portal that Pavick created and begins chanting, sparks of fire flying off her ivory horns, trying to rip control of the portal from the gnome wizard. (Pavick will need to make an opposed Arcana check to retain control of the portal, DC 37)

    The two WarDevils quickly move around the room, one by the Shepherd, trident ready in case the Goliath tried to escape, and one by the portal. The War Devil by the portal raises his trident and jabs it through the Vortex, trying to skewer Aramil and drag him back through, but the vortex is simply too turbulent and Aramil manages to block the attack

    MAP:
    Spoiler
    Show


    (Note: Most of the positions on the other side of the portal were me guessing based on your movement speed how far you could get)
    Eltain - Q10 - (19 damage, dazed & weakened (save ends both))
    Shep - Q5
    Pavick - E6 - (14 damage)
    Zyrr - G6 - (14 damage)
    Lucan - E8 - (29 damage)
    Asheroth - D7
    Aramil - G7 (29 damage, ongoing damage = bloodied value (save ends))

    Vashaak
    Zorella (29 damage, lasso'd)
    Baalzebul (24 damage, marked)
    Baftis
    War Devil

    Attack Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Vashaak
    vs. Eltain's Fort (1d20+22)[28] damage: (2d8+12)[19] poison & psychic damage, + dazed & weakened (save ends both).

    Zorella
    Burning Hands vs. Reflex
    Zyrr (1d20+21)[25]
    Aramil (1d20+21)[39]
    Pavick [roll][1d20+21[/roll] 24 (see OOC thread)
    Lucan (1d20+21)[39]
    (4d8+9)[29] fire damage, miss half

    Dominating Gaze vs. Asheroth's Will (1d20+23)[24] Hit: Dominated (save ends)

    Baftis: Opposed Arcana Check: (1d20+24)[37]

    War Devil:
    (1d20+27)[36] vs. Aramil's AC. Hit: (2d12+8)[24] damage & slid adjacent to the War Devil & Prone

    Last edited by Hzurr; 2012-10-14 at 01:58 PM.
    Hzurr
    -------
    Games Currently DMing:
    Adventures in Fallcrest Part 1 Part 2 Part 3
    Adventures in Sigil Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 (ongoing)

    Campaign Wiki

    Twitter Account

    http://dndweekly.com

  3. - Top - End - #693
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Haberdashery's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    On an island!

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    "I know." The Shepherd's voice was small, and far away, hardly a vestige of his normal thunder. "I don't know why, but I feel that I know you, Lord Baalzebul. Or that I knew you once, long ago."

    The Shepherd's heart was beating with a dull, angry thud in the pit of his chest, his hand poised above the paper. He wetted his lips, staring into the slug-like face. "I feel that I loved you once. And though I do not understand the feeling, the smallest part of me wants to weep for you, and what you have become."

    He paused again, tightening his grip on the violently red pen. "But in knowing you, or feeling that I know you, I know what you are capable of." The tip of the pen pressed against the ink-black page. "It would be selfish of me to try and live, knowing what you'll do if I choose to do so. So many people will die, and die needlessly, so that I might live."

    Perhaps for the very first time, a single drop rolled down the Shepherd's cheek. "I accept your offer, on the condition that you will let my allies leave unharmed, along with their vessel and its crew, and neither you, nor any devil, will attempt to harm them, or pursue them any further. Furthermore, neither you or any devil will take action in the conflict in the Feywild. If any of these demands are not met, this contract will be void."

    The red ink blazed as he signed it.
    Last edited by Haberdashery; 2012-10-14 at 02:18 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #694
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    DM Post

    Baalzebul holds up a finger. "'Neither I nor any devil will attempt to harm them or pursue them unless we are first directly provoked by them.' I'll not have a group like that hunting devils without fear of reprisal all because of some contract." He gives a wicked smile. "And I'm sure we'll discuss your love for me in great, great detail."
    Hzurr
    -------
    Games Currently DMing:
    Adventures in Fallcrest Part 1 Part 2 Part 3
    Adventures in Sigil Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 (ongoing)

    Campaign Wiki

    Twitter Account

    http://dndweekly.com

  5. - Top - End - #695
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Haberdashery's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    On an island!

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    "Very well." The Shepherd replied, his face and tone both stone. It had been worth a shot.

  6. - Top - End - #696
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    Pavick - Gnome Wizard

    Pavick calls out through the portal, his voice sounds weak from the strain of holding the portal, but he can still be heard over the chaos in the room. "Shep! No! If you sign it with that condition, it protects the devils more than any of us. It gives them free reign to do almost anything they want, and we won't be able to do a thing about it! If we try to stop them, they'll attack us and you'll have signed yourself away for nothing. If we leave them be, then we will be safe for awhile but eventually all the planes will fall to them."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Here's the arcana check. Is it a free action? Part of the standard used to sustain the portal? Something else?

    Arcana - (1d20+32)[33]

  7. - Top - End - #697
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Nai_Calus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Arvandor
    Gender
    Female2Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    Eltain swore as the Shepherd easily shrugged off his hand, felt a brief surge of hope as Aramil stabbed the paper, and renewed anger as the Shephered and Baalzelbul 'negotiated'.

    "No. I'm not letting you win here, Baalzebul. I'm not going to stand by while you hurt and twist my friends. Do you have any idea how foolish you're being, Shep? How selfish? You know none of us want this. Do you see how Pavick cries against it? How Aramil tries to stop you? And yet here you are, trying to force me, trying to force Pavick, trying to force Aramil, into your sudden madness. Trying to force all of us. This isn't heroism, Shep. This isn't saving us. This is madness, and damning us. I will have no part in it. And NEITHER WILL YOU." With that he darts gracefully across the room to the Shepherd, grabbing his hand as he pulls the two quickly into a space between worlds, only to emerge on the other side of the portal, staring up into the Shepherd's face, anger and sorrow and fear for his companion warring in his eyes, tears falling freely as he tries desperately to get through to him.

    "Don't you dare go back there. Don't you dare. You want to protect us? You want to help us? Then stay with us and help! Doing this will only hurt us, and if we lose you again I will never forgive myself. This is my failure, not yours. I couldn't stop you all, couldn't protect you, this is my fault." He then calls back through the portal.

    "I won't be part of this. I won't be beholden to you in any way. And neither will any of us!"

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move: Graceful Step to P6, via Q6 in case the Acrobatics check fails:
    (1d20+12)[22]
    Action point: Minor action: Fey Step with Shep to F6 if I have line of sight, F7 if I don't. (With Eltain in F7 if Shep is in F6, in F8 if he's in F7)
    I get to spend a healing surge off of that, so I'm back to full.
    Save against annoying stuff: (1d20)[6]

    I really needed those rolls to be reversed. :|

    Last edited by Nai_Calus; 2012-10-14 at 08:50 PM.
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    Twitter | Google+ | AIM: iankunx | Skype: Nai.Calus | Y!IM: nai_calus
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

  8. - Top - End - #698
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DwarfClericGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    Ash stares at the pitiful succubus as a small flame reignites in his eyes. His gaze deepens, and and the small fire grows ever so slightly brighter.

    "My dear dear, Zorella," Ash coos, forcing his will into his words. "I have much more power than you realize," he purrs as he glances downward for a moment. "I would love to show you my strength. You don't want to stay with them anyway. They stripped you off your beautiful wings. They would sooner see you dead. I, on the other hand, would only strip you of your garments, and would sooner see you between the sheets of my four--check that-- five-poster. We might even be able to reuse this rope." As he finishes, Ash winks at Zorella sending the spell hurtling towards the maimed succubus.

    Ash keeps his hold on the rope tight. He turns to Thrull, Lucan and Karlvan. "A little help here, guys?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard action: Eyes of Charming vs. Zorella's Will (1d20+21)[33]
    On a hit Zorella is dominated (save ends), and she will come through the portal on her turn.
    Last edited by Orsik Vondal; 2012-10-14 at 11:21 PM.
    Orsik Vondal
    Dwarven Artificer


    "I make it; you buy it."

  9. - Top - End - #699
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Haberdashery's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    On an island!

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    As Eltain and the Shepherd burst through the portal, the skies of Arvandor above began to grow gray with amassing clouds. They splashed into the pond before the churning vortex, and the sky sighed, letting free a cold, somber rain that fell about the companions as they struggled to keep themselves free of the archduke of Maladomini's clutches.

    Beneath them both, the pond stirred, disrupted by their sudden emergence, and yet another ripple of disturbance radiated out from a separate point in the water, gently meeting the very ripples cast by Eltain and the Shepherd. The ripples shook, and the ripples grew, until they became splashing waves, and from these splashing waves came the crown of a head. She was beautiful, the lady that rose from the water; silvery of skin and silvery of hair, and there was naught but serenity and grace in her nudity as she lifted herself from the pool. Never leaving the water, she cupped her hands about Aramil's jaw, and brought her soft lips so that they might gently brush against the elf's, leaving a gentle tingling euphoria when they parted. Her kiss given, her boon granted, the lady shed a single tear and then she was gone, and the pond lay still once more.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Minor: Rain of Renewal in an area burst 2 around the pond. Allies in the burst gain a +2 bonus to saving throws, regeneration 5 while bloodied, and cannot contract diseases.

    Free: Call Spirit Companion adjacent to Aramil

    Minor: Healing Spirit on whoever, doesn't matter, so that Aramil can make a saving throw.

    Minor: If Aramil fails the saving throw, Spirit's Sacrifice, which dismisses my spirit companion, and gives him a second saving throw.

  10. - Top - End - #700
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    Pavick - Gnome Wizard

    Pavick cradles Slick against his chest. "We'll take care of you soon, I promise. Just hold on."

    He moves over closer to Thrull where he has a clearer line of sight through the portal. Then, with a wink of the eye, he casts a charm over the minds of the two women.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move: get a clear line of sight through the portal. It looks like that would be about D10 or so.

    Standard: Mass Charm centered on O6. Zorella slides through the portal ending up in E7 where she will make an MBA against herself. Baftis will slide to Q2 and make an MBA on Mister Stinky himself.

  11. - Top - End - #701
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    OOC: Still waiting for Aramil, Zyrr, & Lucan
    Hzurr
    -------
    Games Currently DMing:
    Adventures in Fallcrest Part 1 Part 2 Part 3
    Adventures in Sigil Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 (ongoing)

    Campaign Wiki

    Twitter Account

    http://dndweekly.com

  12. - Top - End - #702
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2007

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    Lucan - Half-elf Bard
    HP 79/107 AC 31 Fort 25 Ref 26 Will 30

    Lucan sends a healing song to Aramil, and then steps up to the portal and grabs hold of the rope to help haul Zorella through.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Minor
    Revitalizing incantation--Aramil gains hp equal to surge + temp hp equal to surge + 3 [healer's brooch, which I think applies here]

    Move
    Step up to portal

    Standard
    Assist in dragging Zorella through
    Strength - (1d20+10)[16]
    Last edited by DSCrankshaw; 2012-10-18 at 09:13 AM.
    Donald S. Crankshaw
    Blog: Back of the Envelope

  13. - Top - End - #703
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Toric's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma, where the air elementals carry brooms
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    "You need to work on your pillow talk." the drow chides the tiefling as he grabs hold of the rope.

    "Aye but 'is courtin' instincts be good otherwise. When she says nay, haul away!" bellows the dwarf as he takes anchor position on the rope.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm rather short on long-range abilities so both of them are going to help haul Zorella through.
    Last edited by Toric; 2012-10-18 at 09:56 PM.
    Avatar gladly adopted from Ink!
    Spoiler
    Show

  14. - Top - End - #704
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Mando Knight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    Aramil
    HP 136+34t/136 Surges 6/10, 34
    AC 37 Fort 27 Ref 31 Will 28

    Aramil takes a breath as the Lady's embrace cleanses the maggots from his body, then jumps between spaces to flank the glorified whore and try to nail her to the ground with sword and lightning.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Topped up now, thanks.

    Move Armathor's Step to wherever Aramil has room to flank Zorella, or adjacent if flank isn't possible. Cloak of Translocation's bonus to defenses is applied.

    Standard Elemental Detonation on Zorella.
    Attack vs AC - (1d20+25)[30] (CA not included, Armathor's Step bonus included)
    Hit: Lightning Damage - (2d8+17)[23], and Zorella is Restrained until the end of Aramil's next turn.
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2012-10-18 at 10:19 PM.
    Avatar by Mr. Saturn

    Magic... magic never changes

  15. - Top - End - #705
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DwarfClericGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    "Well, Captain, perhaps you can instruct me in the fine art of wenching once we're done here!" Ash says with a smile as he keeps the rope taut. Someday he would have to get himself a girl and settle down.
    Orsik Vondal
    Dwarven Artificer


    "I make it; you buy it."

  16. - Top - End - #706
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    DM Post

    Again, the Shepherd reaches down to touch the fiery red pen to the charcoal parchment, when he is interrupted. In a flurry of snowflakes, Eltain and Shep disappear from the Hellship, tumbling through the vortex until the fresh air of Arvandor washes over them.

    Meanwhile, Asheroth stares back through the Portal at Zorella, meeting her gaze as he tries to tempt her to follow him to his five poster bed. Unfortunately, at the exact wrong moment Zorella blinks, and the connection Asheroth was beginning to forge breaks, and the succubus wags a finger at him."Really? Come with you to that awful place? If you're so interested, why did you turn down my previous offer?" She seems unaware that Asheroth tried to magically charm her.

    Zorella opens her mouth to speak again, but before she does Pavick's fingers waggle, and Zorella finds herself crawling through the portal, digging her claws into her own back. Meanwhile Baftis strides forward, and tries to slap Baalzebul across the face, before her eyes widen in horror at what she's done.

    Meanwhile, Lucan, Zyrr, Thrull, and Karlvan each grab hold of the rope and pull it taut, leaving no slack in the line for the Succubus to maneuver. (OOC: Zorella is immobilized). As they do, a beautiful figure springs up out of the lake, kissing Aramil gently and washing away the grubs and maggots that had begun digging into his body. The sight of the watery creature seems oddly natural under the boughs of Arvandor, and gives welcome respite as her beauty washes over the area before the pond surface goes still.

    Aramil, teleporting only a short distance, brings his sword down on the mutilated succubus, but Zorella manages to roll at the last second, and the sword strikes the rocky step less than a fingersbreadth from her arm.

    The Medusa hisses in anger as he sees the half-eladrin slip away from him, and like a striking snake he leaps across the table and through the portal. With a flying kick he strikes out towards Eltain, a fist reaching out to strike the Shepherd below his stubbly beard. Both the kick and the fist find their target, sending Shep and Eltain stumbling backwards. (34 & 35 damage, respectively)

    Zorella takes a moment to glance at the sword above her, and reaches up to grab Aramil and mirror the kiss of the watery figure from moments before. However, it appears that Aramil is snogged out, and he easily pulls back from the mangled succubus below him.

    Back on the ship, Baalzebul looks down at Baftis, and small glints of fire seem to shine in each of the Archduke's compound eyes. "You dare touch me?" Grabbing Baftis by the scruff of the neck, he walks her over to the portal and throws her to the ground, a stubby slimy arm pinning her with her head in the open portal. "If this portal shuts, it will take your head with it. If this portal shuts and you manage to pull your head out in time, I'll make you wish you hadn't. Have I made myself clear?" The purple skin Baftis nods in terror and continues her chant as Baalzebul looks back through the portal. He glances at the figures on the far side, and his eyes land on Asheroth. "You. A pitiful worm serving a pitiful master. Such wasted potential." And opens his mouth sending a swarm of flies out over the Tiefling. (26 damage, ongoing 25 poison/necrotic, save ends)

    OOC: I think this violates Aramil's mark, if Aramil wants to teleport through & attack Baalzebul.

    Baftis glances at the portal around her, and focuses her mind, maintaining her hold over the portal even as it sucks away Pavick's lifeforce. (OOC: Pavick will need to make an opposed Arcana to take over control of the Portal, DC 39)

    The two Wardevils hesitate, and glance at Baalzebul, who simply growls. "Bring the wench back." The two nod, and stride through the gate. One grabs Zorella and starts to pull her back through, causing the succubus to scream as the rope pulls tight and digs into her ankle.

    MAP:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Init:
    (Position is not accurate, I'll need to wait until after I see the attacks)
    Eltain - C4 - 35 damage
    Shep - C10 - 34 damage
    Pavick - E6
    Zyrr - E9
    Lucan - E8 -
    Asheroth - 26 damage, ongoing 25 poison/necrotic, save ends
    Aramil - D6

    Vashaak
    Zorella (29 damage, lasso'd)
    Baalzebul (24 damage, marked)
    Baftis
    War Devils

    Attack Rolls
    Spoiler
    Show

    Vashaak
    vs. Eltain's Ref: (1d20+22)[31] Damage: (2d12+16)[35] damage & push 3
    vs. Shep's Ref: (1d20+22)[30] Damage: (2d12+16)[34] damage & push 3

    Zorella
    Charming Kiss vs. Aramil's Will (1d20+23)[26]
    Hit: The target cannot attack the succubus. The effect lasts until the succubus or one of its allies attacks the target

    Baalzebul:
    Swarm of Flies vs. Asheroth's Fort: (1d20+32)[39]
    Damage: (4d6+7)[26] and ongoing 25 poison and necrotic damage (save ends). First failed save: You are also weakened (save ends all). Second Failed Save: You are eaten by flies. This is fatal.

    War Devil
    Opposed Strength Check vs. DC 22 (16 - Lucan, +2 from Thrull, Karl, & Zyrr). For every 5 he beats the check by, he pulls Zorella 1 additional square.
    (1d20+19)[26]

    Last edited by Hzurr; 2012-10-19 at 01:03 PM.
    Hzurr
    -------
    Games Currently DMing:
    Adventures in Fallcrest Part 1 Part 2 Part 3
    Adventures in Sigil Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 (ongoing)

    Campaign Wiki

    Twitter Account

    http://dndweekly.com

  17. - Top - End - #707
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DwarfClericGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    Ash struggles to keep hold of the rope as the maggots rip into his flesh. He stares down the blob of decrepit flesh, and the fire flares in his eyes once again! "Burn, you fallen angel! Burn! You were never worthy of your name, Triel!"

    Flames rise around Baalzebul's feet. Ash didn't care whether they affected him or not. It was the principle of the thing!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Immediate reaction: Infernal Wrath on Baalzebul. He takes (2d6+6)[13] fire damage, and his fire resist drops by 5.
    Orsik Vondal
    Dwarven Artificer


    "I make it; you buy it."

  18. - Top - End - #708
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    Pavick - Gnome Wizard

    One corner of Pavick's mouth curls up into a grin as he sees the difficult position his spell had placed Baftis in. "Just to think, if you would have just let me have my spell, you'd be safe and sound right now."

    He turns his attention briefly to Zorella. "And if you hadn't decided to hurt my little Slick you would have stayed... well I can't say safely on the other side of the portal, but certainly safer than you will be here!" He blinks an eye and an extension of his arcane power moves over to her in the form of a small green eyeball that examines her carefully.

    Sensing the rest of the battle quickly getting out of control, Pavick decides it is time to lay some heavy duty mellowing magic on the battlefield. He begins to hum a hauntingly calm melody that he'd first heard during his brief stay in the realms of the winter fey.

    As he hums the melody, infusing it with a heavy dose of magic, Pavick backs away from the portal hoping that even if his knack with portals isn't enough to take control, distance will at least be enough to close it.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Minor: Emerald Eye on Zorella. Effect: Until the end of your next turn, you gain a +5 power bonus to Insight checks against the target and a +2 power bonus to attack rolls against the target's Will.

    Standard: Slumber of the Winter Court centered on the portal.
    Area burst 2 within 20
    Target: Each creature in the burst (refered to by their square number)
    F6 Attack vs Will - (1d20+21)[41]
    F7 Attack vs Will - (1d20+23)[32]
    F8 Attack vs Will - (1d20+21)[36]
    G6 Attack vs Will - (1d20+21)[24]
    M6 Attack vs Will - (1d20+21)[36]
    M8 Attack vs Will - (1d20+21)[24]
    Hit: The target is dazed and slowed (save ends both). All targets take -6 to their first saving throw and -2 to saving throws thereafter.
    First Failed Saving Throw: The target instead falls unconcious. The unconciousness ends if the target takes damage, or after 1d4 hours.
    Miss: The target is slowed (save ends).
    First Failed Saving Throw: The target instead falls unconcious (save ends).

    Free: Use Orb of Imposition class feature to give an additional -3 penalty to the first save for Zorella.

    Move: Off the left side of the map. Pavick is moving straight left his full speed (5 squares).

    And finally, since Pavick is not choosing to maintain, the portal closes!

  19. - Top - End - #709
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2007

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    Lucan - Half-elf bard
    HP 79/107 AC 31 Fort 25 Ref 26 Will 30

    Lucan takes a step back, and then twists luck around the nearest war devil.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move
    Shift to D8

    Standard
    Use Unluck on War devil in F8
    Attack v Ref - (1d20+20)[33]
    Damage - (1d8+14)[15]
    On hit, the next person to attack the war devil can use (1d20)[11], and the war devil will use the lower of his roll or (1d20)[6] for his next attack.
    Donald S. Crankshaw
    Blog: Back of the Envelope

  20. - Top - End - #710
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Nai_Calus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Arvandor
    Gender
    Female2Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    Eltain - 72/107 - 37/27/31/31

    Eltain sways on his feet, the pain and the poison taking their toll on his concentration. He pulls himself together for a moment, smirking, as a chill wind begins to blow around him, his eyes glowing a solid blue as he taps into the power of the cloak he wears to send a stream of frigid magic through the portal.

    Soon, through the window of the barge visible through the portal, dark clouds can be seen forming as a vicious, icy wind blows in, the first driving snows already beginning to fall.

    Sorry, Kosalram, he thinks, hopefully you and the crew can get out of there in the distraction this will cause. He calls once more back through the portal.

    "Don't underestimate the Winter Fey, Baalzebul! We're more powerful and more resourceful than you realize. I won't let them be destroyed, and I won't let any of my friends fall to you. I'll protect them, in Corellon's name."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Standard: Using the weekly power on Eltain's Cloak of the Winter Lords to drop a nice big ugly nasty blizzard right in the middle of the fiendish armada. Let's see how they deal with several feet of snow, ice, and crazy winds.
    Save against annoying: (1d20)[4]
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    Twitter | Google+ | AIM: iankunx | Skype: Nai.Calus | Y!IM: nai_calus
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

  21. - Top - End - #711
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DwarfClericGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    "Now you will wish you had stayed on the other side of the portal." Ash raises his arms, and his fiery blade materializes in his hand as flames erupt from the small pool turning it into a churning furnace.

    A sly grin creeps across his face as Ash backs away from the inferno. "This will be the dawn of my crusade. You four will be the first to fall."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Minor action: Summon Blade of annihilation
    Standard action: Vortex of Fire. Area burst 1 centered on G7.
    Roll vs. Ref
    F6 (1d20+21)[31]
    G6 (1d20+21)[29]
    F7 (1d20+21)[26]
    F8 (1d20+21)[28]
    Hit: (3d8+20)[35] fire damage. Creates a zone that lasts until the end of Ash's next turn. Creatures who end their turn in the zone take 10 fire damage and are slowed UEONT. Miss: Half damage. Ash can sustain the zone with a minor action and move it with a move action.
    Move action: Shift to C7.
    Orsik Vondal
    Dwarven Artificer


    "I make it; you buy it."

  22. - Top - End - #712
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Toric's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma, where the air elementals carry brooms
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    Zyrr 92/104 HP 8/8
    31 AC, 26 Fort, 34 Ref, 29 Will

    "I don't really know what this maniac is talking about, but I just lost my ship and my crew. And you're the only things available for me to take my anger out on."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to H9, provoking an Opportunity Attack from the F8 War Demon, for which my AC is 35 due to my Artful Dodger feature, then using Perfect Feint as a minor action to gain CA against it, then using Go for the Eyes.
    Using the 11 roll granted by Lucan's Unluck, for an attack roll of 39 vs AC.
    Hit: Damage - (2d4+17)[25] + Sneak Attack - (3d8)[8], and the target is blinded and can't shift until EONT.
    Avatar gladly adopted from Ink!
    Spoiler
    Show

  23. - Top - End - #713
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Mando Knight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    Aramil
    HP 136+34t/136 Surges 6/10, 34
    AC 35 Fort 27 Ref 29 Will 28

    Aramil snaps his fingers and Robert appears in an instant. "Go, someone must have noticed us. Run along and see if you can give them a little guidance."

    The guard nods and runs off while Aramil steps in to the spot that Zyrr left, concentrating damage on the War Devil.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Minor: Summon Sidhe Ally in A4.

    Move: Robert off the map, Aramil to E9.

    Standard: Learned Boost on Booming Blade against the south War Devil.
    Attack vs AC - (1d20+25)[29]
    Hit: Damage - (3d8+19)[24], and if it moves it takes Thunder Damage - (1d6+16)[17] (Possibly 2 dice more, depending on how you interpret Learned Boost)
    Avatar by Mr. Saturn

    Magic... magic never changes

  24. - Top - End - #714
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    DM Post

    For a brief moment, Pavick locks eyes with the purple-skinned devil who has seized his spell, and the arcane chantings flow out of both in a flurry as they fight over control of the portal. In the end, the gnome proves that his title of gradmaster is well deserved as he regains dominance over the spell weaves before launching a secondary spell against those in the open grove.

    As the portal begins to warp and shrink, the Sharma family emblem glows a bright blue. Beyond the purple portal, Baalzebul turns in confusion as a cold wind seems to rise from nowhere. As the portal snaps shut, the archfiend whirls back around to yell one last threat, but the blizzard that seems to have arisen in his dining room drowns out whatever the Archduke of Hell was screaming.

    Baftis' eyes widen as Pavick wrests control from her, and watches in horror as the vortex collapses, severing her head from her body as if it were a guillotine.

    Lucan, Zyrr, and Aramil leap in to action, beating down one of the War devils that violated this sacred place, driving the fiend back.

    As the devils begin preparing their counter-assault, the haunting tune sung by Pavick seems to take hold of them and one-by-one they fall unconscious. Even Zorella, who managed to resist the first wave of sleep that passed over the devils is unable to resist the gnome's spell. As she starts to crawl away, she looks up at Eltain, and is able to murmur "...mercy..." before falling into a deep sleep.

    At the portal, Baftis' head rolls into the basin with a small splash. Before your eyes, the brilliant purple skin melts away from the skull, leaving only a crystaline skull-shaped orb with ivory horns glimmering in the light.
    Last edited by Hzurr; 2012-10-24 at 02:51 PM.
    Hzurr
    -------
    Games Currently DMing:
    Adventures in Fallcrest Part 1 Part 2 Part 3
    Adventures in Sigil Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 (ongoing)

    Campaign Wiki

    Twitter Account

    http://dndweekly.com

  25. - Top - End - #715
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    Pavick - Gnome Wizard

    Pavick looks at Zorella. "Sorry, my pity for you ran out about the time you hurt Slick." He turns to the rest of the party, giving them completely unnecessary direction. "Kill them, especially Zorella. Make her extra dead."

    He then holds Slick out before him and rushes over to Lucan. "Quick Lucan, you're good with animals, aren't you? What can we do for him? I know a few rituals. What will help?" Pavick's brow is wrinkled with concern. "Where's Shep, I don't have a goat here, but maybe he knows something? Help!"

  26. - Top - End - #716
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2007

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    Lucan takes a look at Slick.

    Heal - (1d20+17)[30]
    Donald S. Crankshaw
    Blog: Back of the Envelope

  27. - Top - End - #717
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Scotland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    DM Post

    Lucan checks over the thrashing snake, and is able to determine that this isn't any sort of natural disease or poison, but it's unclear the exact nature of whatever is affecting Slick.
    Hzurr
    -------
    Games Currently DMing:
    Adventures in Fallcrest Part 1 Part 2 Part 3
    Adventures in Sigil Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 (ongoing)

    Campaign Wiki

    Twitter Account

    http://dndweekly.com

  28. - Top - End - #718
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2007

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    "I can't find anything physically wrong," Lucan says, trying to figure out if there's any clue about why Slick is thrashing.

    Spoiler
    Show

    EDIT: I missed the part about Slick thrashing. I think that counts as off behavior.
    Nature - (1d20+17)[26]
    Last edited by DSCrankshaw; 2012-10-24 at 09:42 PM.
    Donald S. Crankshaw
    Blog: Back of the Envelope

  29. - Top - End - #719
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Mando Knight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    Aramil oversees the execution of the War Devils and Medusa, but stays his hand when it came to Zorella. Not because he'd lost his mind or didn't care for Pavick's wishes... he had his own idea on how to best fulfill them.

    "My guess is some kind of infernal poison, or the succubus's draining touch. Either way, I sent Robert out to call for cleanup. In the mean time, let's get Zorella restrained so we can get her to tell us... unless one of you have ways of speaking to destroyed fiend spirits. After that she can be disposed of."
    Avatar by Mr. Saturn

    Magic... magic never changes

  30. - Top - End - #720
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Nai_Calus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Arvandor
    Gender
    Female2Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

    Eltain winces as he watches the execution of the medusa, and stares down at the beaten, ripped-apart form of Zorella.

    "Leave her to me after we've interrogated her. I've got a long-standing grudge to fulfill. Don't worry, I'll be... Creative."
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    Twitter | Google+ | AIM: iankunx | Skype: Nai.Calus | Y!IM: nai_calus
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •