New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

DM Post

The priestess raises the scourge above her head, and seeing that Zyrr is going to submit, a cruel smile spreads across her face. The whip comes down against Zyrr's back, barbs digging into his skin only to rip out as she raises the whip again. The priestess strikes again, and again, and again, sending Zyrr's blood splattering across the web, and across Shep.

Eventually, her arm grows tired, and she turns with a smirk. She takes the barely conscious Zyrr's head in her hand, and speaks slowly: "If you ever touch me again, I'll have you torn limb from limb and your corpse raped by a Duergar."

She stands, looks at the blood-splattered Shep, and arches an eyebrow. "And I trust your master will donate a generous portion of his proceeds to the temple fund for widows and orphans?"

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fun side note, the Lolth fund for widows & orphans is actually an organization that focuses on creating widows and orphans.

She gives Zyrr one last kick, before continuing her path towards the temple.

The Draegloth and guards, who had been howling and laughing during this spectacle, return to their posts as Shep tosses the barely conscious and bloodied body of Zyrr over his shoulder

OOC: Zyrr loses 4 healing surges and his maximum hit point total decreases by 10 until the next milestone.

What was the rest of the party doing during this spectacle?

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Pavick - Gnome Wizard

Pavick watches for a moment with a heavy heart, as Zyrr begins to be lashed. He waits for the others to spring into action, saving their drow from the evil drow matron, but it doesn't happen.

Pavick quickly decides that he isn't going to let Zyrr be whipped for nothing. Those Draegloth's are guarding something, and he intends to find out what. Pavick makes use of the distraction to try to slip past without being noticed.

Spoiler
    Show

Stealth - (1d20+16)[23]

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucan - Half-elf bard

Lucan watches in horror as the drow woman beats Zyrr, but as Zyrr seems to be willing to accept the beating, he doesn't interfere. For all he knows, this was what Zyrr wanted in the first place. It doesn't even occur to him to do anything else.

Lena's not half so stunned. While Lucan's watching, she flies off, slightly lopsided, toward the entrance of the tunnel, to see what's there. She does her best to keep above the heads of the guards.

Spoiler
    Show

Stealth for Lena - (1d20+15)[33]
    Last edited by DSCrankshaw; 2012-04-21 at 01:08 PM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

--------------- Pavick & Lena --------------

As the attention is on their drow ally getting whipped, Pavick and Lena silently make their way around the edge of the web, and into the guarded tunnel. The tunnel looks to be recently carved, and free of the moss and spiderwebs that seem to cling to most of the underdark tunnels.

The tunnel continues for almost 100 yards, before opening up into a larger cavern. A few of the expected features are there. Drider guards, a few drow patrolling, but in the center is something that Pavick was not expecting. A tiny stone hut, with a chimney and windows like he would expect to find on the surface. Sneaking around the edge, Lena is able to steal a glance through one of the windows, and inside is a scarred drow woman with a blindfold on. The woman's head is tilted back, as if she is staring through the blindfold at the ceiling, but her hand is darting around, and Lena can just make out the tip of a pen moving.

-------------------------

Back on the web, the guards have returned to their posts, but are keeping an eye on Shep and the beaten Zyrr. They don't seem to have noticed Aramil or Lucan yet. Suddenly, there's a flash of light, and a roaring sound that knocks you to your knees. An explosion from down below has shaken the entire cavern, sending tremors throughout the web. Looking down, a thick column of smoke is emanating from the building that until very recently was your inn. The smoldering frame of the building is all that's left, and even that looks to be on the verge of collapsing at any second.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oklahoma, where the air elementals carry brooms

Zyrr staggers up and stares in shock at the smoldering ruins of the inn. "My gear!" he shouts incredulously before rushing off toward the burning building.

....Of course he never had time to drop any of his gear off in the room, but the guards don't need to know that. Or that he's going to double back and quietly limp past them to follow Pavick.

Bluff - (1d20+19)[20] Stealth - (1d20+22)[27]

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Pavick - Gnome Wizard

Pavick, never one to leave well-enough alone, waits for a moment when the guards are looking in another direction then darts over to the cottage, he quickly examines it for any traps or wards that might be present.

Spoiler
    Show

Stealth - (1d20+16)[20]
    Perception - (1d20+11)[21]
    Arcana - (1d20+28)[40]

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

As Zyrr dashes off after "his gear" the guards look at Shep expectantly. After a few awkward seconds, one of the guards shakes his head. "You may be the worst enforcer I've ever seen. That little runt is getting away from you." The guards all take a moment to laugh at Shep, before returning to their posts. Fortunately, this delay proved to be just long enough for Zyrr to slip around the guards, and into the tunnel.

--------- Pavick -----------

Waiting until the guards pass, Pavick darts forward to the cottage. Just before he reaches the wall, he spots a complicated ward stretching around the entire hut, and comes to a screeching halt just before crossing over the magical threshold. Unfortunately, this places him standing in the open, away from any cover just as a pair of driders round the corner. "You there, halt!" They both his, and quickly begin spinning webs to entangle the gnome.

OOC: 2 attacks (I'm going to assume that Pavick will use "Shield" if one of the attacks is within 4)
    (1d20+17)[27] vs. Pavick's Reflex 29 Miss
    (1d20+17)[33] vs. Pavick's Reflex 29 HIT (would still hit even with Shield)
    Hit: Pavick is immobilized (save ends)

As the webs bind Pavick, the two driders move up, and lower their scimitars to point at the wizard"Who are you, and what are you doing here?
    Last edited by Hzurr; 2012-04-24 at 01:04 PM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Barbarian in the Playground

Shep just stares back at the guards, tilting his head to one side slowly.

"Oh yes, I see. He ran off. Right." There was far too long of a beat, where Shep displayed nothing but the blankest of faces. "Foiled."

Another uncomfortable, grueling silence followed, interrupted by the Shepherd digging about in his tunic suddenly. "Oh, you both seem to be very helpful and smart fellows. Mr. Goat likes me because I'm big and tough, but I'm afraid I'm not terribly smart. I'm in a little bit of a predicament, maybe you could help?" Shep smiled, his blissful, unassuming smile.

"I seem to have come into the possession of far too much money." He lifted a rather hefty bag of coins out of his tunic, and shook it so that the melodious tinkle of coins reached their ears. "And I don't seem to know exactly what to do with it. Do you fine gentleman have any ideas? Maybe we could go somewhere and have a drink, and you could tell me all about money and the things you can do with it. Because frankly, this whole thing is really confusing."

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Pavick - Gnome Wizard

Pavick has to think quickly. He wiggles his fingers, and his robes suddenly appear a little more threadbare and dirty. With the best disguise Pavick could come up with on such short notice in place, Pavick turns to face the driders. It is not an easy twist with their webs already entangling him.

His eyes flit up to the driders for a split second before looking down at the ground. "I am sorry," he stammers quietly. "I was just looking for my master. I guess we got seperated, and I don't know where... Oh please, let me keep looking for master. I'll already be lashed, and the longer it takes the worse it will be."

Spoiler
    Show

Bluff - (1d20+21)[27]
    I am purposefully not rolling a save vs. immobilization since Pavick is not struggling against the webs (yet!) He figures that might ruin his poor little gnome slave routine.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

Making his way through the caverns, and spying Pavick's plight, Zyrr launches two small vials towards the Driders. One sails past it's intended target, and shatters against the hut, but the other breaks open at second Drider's feet.

The first drider immediately turns back, and stares up the darkness of the tunnel trying to spot the source of the thrown vial. "You stay here and watch that one..." it hisses, as it begins advancing towards the tunnel, searching for Zyrr

OOC: Perception (1d20+18)[29]. (Zyrr can see the drider coming, and needs to make an opposed stealth roll)

The second drider nods, but is starting to look a bit...drunk. It looks down at Pavick. "Yerrr Mashter? Whosh that?"

-------------------

Outside the tunnel, the drow and draegloths stare at Shep, unblinking, before exchanging looks with one another. There is obvious suspicion, but one of the drow guards steps forward, cautiously. "Why don't you leave the money here with me, and I can...invest it for you?" he asks, both suspicious yet full of hope.

OOC: What are Aramil and Lucan doing?

11. - Top - End - #161

And Shep laughed, a dopey little laugh that he had hardly ever uttered in his entire life.

"Oh no, I couldn't possibly do that. You'd do all sorts of things with the money that would really help me, I'm sure, but then I'd have no idea what you did and so I'd still be really confused. Then what would I do with all my other bags of money?"

Shep blinked a number of times, and laid his hand against the side of his head in thought.

"...could you help me with those too?"

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Aramil hopes to use the extended distractions of the guards to simply slip past them...

Stealth - (1d20+10)[25]

13. - Top - End - #163

Zyrr curses silently to himself as he retreats amongst the contours of the cave. Those things weren't cheap, but they seem to have done their job to some degree. Now he just needs to survive his success.

Stealth - (1d20+22)[31]

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Pavick - Gnome Wizard

Pavick shrinks back a little further from the drider. When he speaks again, it is in a fearful stutter. "Uh... I don't... um... know the maaaa maaa master's real name. I've just b-b-b-been told to say Mmm... Mmmiiis...ter...essss. Do you know th-th-them? I thought.... maybe... er... perhaps... Mmmmisss-terrrr-ess might be in-n-n-n there." He points to the cottage behind him.

Spoiler
    Show

I suppose more bluffing is probably called for here. (1d20+21)[26]

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucan - Half-elf bard

"Wait here," Lucan tells Yuri, before boldly stepping out to talk to Shep and the guards.

"Did you find him, Shiv?" Lucan asks. "Mr. Goat's getting impatient." He looks at the drow guards and the gold Shep's holding. "You're not looking for another get-rich scheme, are you? Trust me, gentlemen, you don't want to invest in anything Shiv here thinks is a good deal. He's got no head for business, which is why he's the muscle. Now, come on Shiv, let's go find him before Mr. Goat starts ducking our pay."

Spoiler
    Show

Bluff - (1d20+18)[31]
    Last edited by DSCrankshaw; 2012-04-26 at 11:54 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

------- Lucan and Shep -----------

As Shep continues speaking, the guard's eyes begin to light up, and the Draegloths are nearly beside themselves in laughter at Shep's ineptitude.

When Lucan arrives, and tries to lead Shep away, things take a quick turn for the worse. The drow guard steps across the web in Lucan's path. "Woah, wait just a minute there, surfacer. I believe that your friend and I were discussing an investment, and it's not polite to interrupt other people's conversations. If he's got no head for business, maybe he should stick with me instead of this Mr. Goat guy, whoever he is." The guard motions to the two Draegloths, who quickly take up position behind and in front of Shep and Lucan.

"Now, I think your friend here has offered me bags of money. And I don't think you're going anywhere until I find out what it is." He gives a toothy smile "And if you're so worried about Mr. Goat docking your pay, maybe you should leave your money with us too, just for safe keeping..."

--------------- Pavick ------------------

The drider, its head still reeling from Zyrr's alchemical attack, looks back at the hut. "Th' Oracle Na-Duurn? What are you shupposhed to be doin for herrrrr?"

Pavick can hear the footsteps of another pair of patrolling guards headed this way around the hut. You'd guess that you have less than a minute before they come around the corner.

OOC: Enough time for a bit more dialogue, overall about 3 full rounds til they get here.

---------------- Zyrr and Aramil ---------------

Zyrr backtracks up the tunnel, and quickly ducks behind a large stalagmite. Moments later, the Drider passes by, but Zyrr has taken too deeply to the shadows to be noticed, and the drider continues down the tunnel.

Aramil, whose quick steps had been enough to get him past the guards and Draegloth, is not as adept at hiding from the sharp eyes of the Drider. The creature spies Aramil in the tunnel up ahead, and draws it's scimitar. "You there, day-walker! Don't move!" It calls out, as it begins skittering forward.

OOC: No map yet, but Aramil and Zyrr can each act before the Drider does. It's 6 squares from each of you, moving down a tunnel ~3 squares wide. (Aramil & Zyrr are roughly 14 squares apart on either side of the drider)

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucan - Half-elf Bard

"You expect me to give you pay I haven't received yet? They didn't choose you to guard this place for your smarts, did they?" Lucan says. "Unlike Shiv, I'm not fool enough to carry more than a few silver around with me. If you want my pay, take it up with Mr. Goat. He could probably use a few more hands, but I doubt you lot would impress him. Especially when you don't have enough sense not to harass his agents. Mr. Goat does not take kindly to interference in his business."

Spoiler
    Show

Intimidate - (1d20+18)[25]

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Aramil has had enough of sneaking around spider-city. His voice has a bit of an edge to it as he mentally steels himself for the likelihood that he and his companions will need to raze the city in order to survive. "Under what authority and for what reason?"

Spoiler
    Show
    No action yet... but prepared to draw steel and Fey Step if the drider presses the issue.
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2012-04-30 at 05:47 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Pavick - Gnome Wizard

Pavick, continuing to cower in the drider's presence submissively replies, "I d.d.don't know e.e.exactly. I guess I figured I'd be told when I got here. Do you know what I'm supposed to do?"

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

----------- Lucan & Shep -----------

The drow guard looks at Lucan. "You've got a smart mouth, don't you surfacer? It'd be a shame if you fell off this web and that smart mouth of yours busted on the ground below..." He draws a short sword, and begins moving towards you. The other guards grin at each other as they also draw their weapons, while the Draegloth howl in pleasure, eager to see bloodshed.

----------- Aramil and Zyrr ----------

The drider smirks, "Whose authority? You're funny. Your head will make an excellent sacrifice for the spider-queen."

---------- Pavick -----------

The drider standing over Pavick, blinks, and looks towards the hut. "I dunno...They just tell me to keep everyone but the priestesses out. All I've ever seen is Cerzai sitting there blindfolded..." The drider lolls its head back towards Pavick."Maybe she needs a servant to help her get around furniture?"

OOC: Everyone but Pavick is now in combat

MAP:
    Spoiler
    Show

The southern end of the tunnel on the left side connects with the entrance to the tunnel in the northeast corner

Initiative:
    Shep - K11
    Zyrr - E5
    Aramil - E19
    Lucan - M12

Drow Guards - M5, L8, L10
    Draegloth - H9, O6
    Drider - C12
    Last edited by Hzurr; 2012-05-05 at 03:17 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucan - Half-elf bard
    AC 31 Fort 25 Ref 26 Will 30

Lucan sighs. "If you insist," he says, drawing his bow. "Mr. Shiv, please throw these gentleman off the web." Then he begins to sing, his song a deep rumbling, the music of thunder. His music calls lightning from the air itself.

Then it shifts, to a less ominous, but still martial, music.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor
    Draw bow

Standard
    Song of Storms
    Close blast 5
    Attack L10 v Ref - (1d20+22)[37]
    Attack L8 v Ref - (1d20+22)[23]
    Attack I10 v Ref - (1d20+22)[27]

Lightning Damage - (2d6+14)[21]
    If any of the attacks hit, Shep does 1d6 lightning damage for each hit he makes before the end of my next turn. [Which I suppose will happen next round.]

Minor
    Start Skald's Aura
    Last edited by DSCrankshaw; 2012-05-06 at 08:51 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172

Shep
    HP
    114/114
    AC 36, Fortitude 29, Reflex 32, Will 31
    (Note, all enemies other than the M5 guard are granting combat advantage to Shep. Against them his defenses are as follows. Also, enemies do not gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls if they have combat advantage against him.)
    AC 40, Fortitude 31, Reflex 34, Will 33

"It would be my pleasure," Rumbled the Shepherd, cracking his neck, "Mr. Sharp."

Spoiler
    Show

Move: Shift to L10

Standard: Furious Bull
    Attack vs. L10 Guard's Reflex: (1d20+21)[29]
    Attack vs. L8 Guard's Reflex: (1d20+21)[31]
    Attack vs. H9 Draegoloth's Reflex: (1d20+21)[27] 33 (see OOC)
    Damage: (2d6+15)[24], and they are dazed until the end of Shep's next turn, and Shep slides them all 1 square, right off the web.

Free Action: Centered Flurry of Blows against the guard in L10 (since I assume that missed), and the draegoloth (should he not fall off the web). Both of them will take 7 damage, and will be slid 1 square, which will again slide them off the web. In addition, he will use Starblade Flurry to target the draegoloth in O6, who will also take 7 damage, and be slid 1 square to fall off the web.
    Last edited by Haberdashery; 2012-05-03 at 01:08 AM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Pavick - Gnome Wizard

Pavick nods. "That could be." He glances down at the webs surrounding him. "Can I please go to her now? I'd hate to be whipped for being late. Do you have any advice for how I should approach her. I don't want to show any disrespect to a woman who is so obviously respected."

If the drider nods his assent, Pavick will begin to pick away at the webs that cover his legs.

Spoiler
    Show
    Saving Throw vs. Immobilization (only if the Drider says its okay) (1d20)[6]

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Aramil
    HP 136/136 Surge 10/10, 34
    AC 35 Fort 27 Ref 29 Will 28

With a smirk, Aramil teleports next to the Drider, striking with lightning-fast blows. "I hoped you would say that."

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Fey Step to D14. Feywild Flanker causes the Drider to grant Combat Advantage until the end of Aramil's next turn, and Eladrin Swordmage Advance grants Aramil a MBA. Cloak of Translocation grants Aramil +2 to AC and Ref until the end of his next turn.
    Attack vs AC - (1d20+25)[43]
    Damage - (1d8+16)[19]

Standard Learned Boost with Booming Blade on the Drider.
    Attack vs AC - (1d20+25)[32]
    Hit: Damage - (3d8+19)[29], Aramil gains +1 AC against the Drider until the start of his next turn, +1 to hit with arcane power attack rolls until the end of his next turn, and the Drider takes Thunder Damage - (1d6+12)[13] if it moves.
    Miss: Learned Boost is not expended (Reliable).

Minor Aegis of Assault on the Drider.

AC 38 Fort 27 Ref 31 Will 28

25. - Top - End - #175

Zyrr
    HP 96/96 Surge 5/8, 24
    AC 30 Fort 26 Ref 34 Will 29

Once Aramil winks out of his current place in reality, Zyrr knows the time for sneaking around is over. He can't hope to match the speed of a teleport, but he fleetfootedly dashes through the tunnel regardless. Just before reaching the distracted drider he pulls a loop of cord from his belt and leaps onto the drider's bloated abdomen to slip the cord around the creature's neck amidst Aramil's rain of blows.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to D11, my First Strike ability means I automatically have combat advantage, then Garrote Grip on the Drider. Because I wanna be a drider rider.
    Attack - (1d20+28)[31] vs Reflex.
    On hit, (rolled in OOC) 20 damage + Sneak Attack - (3d8)[12], and the Drider is Grabbed by Zyrr until the end of Zyrr's next turn. So long as Zyrr grabs the Drider, Zyrr has partial concealment, and any attacks that miss Zyrr hit the Drider.
    On miss, this attack is Reliable so I regain it.

Regardless of whether the attack hits, I'll be in a good flanking position for when Aramil attacks, so in addition to his +2 combat advantage I'll use Sneak In The Attack to let him deal an extra Sneak Attack - (3d8)[12] damage on a successful attack.
    Last edited by Toric; 2012-05-03 at 08:14 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Lucan takes a step back, and from his bow arcs of lightning reaching out and electrifying one of the drow. The other Drow and Draegloth manage to duck under the electric blast, even as the lightning curls around Shep, empowering his fists as Lucan begins a battle chant.

OOC: For Sheps' attacks, I'm adding in 1d6 lightning damage. Also, I'm assuming you meant to shift to K10, since L10 doesn't make sense for what you described & it's occupied.

The Shepherd, in a flash strikes out against the Drow & Draegloth around him, sending two of the drow tumbling off the edge. The Draegloth clings to the side of the web with an unnatural grip. One last thrown shuriken catches the other Draegloth, whose eyes narrow in hatred.

While the drider is focused on Aramil, Zyrr leaps out from the Shadows onto the Drider's back, and quickly throws a rope around it, swinging one free like a bull rider Zyrr had once seen in Sigil.

Aramil crosses the distance between himself and the drider in the space of a blink, and lashes out twice. The drider, distracted by Zyrr, screeches in pain as the attack digs into its thick chitinous hide.

The remaining drow guard on the web whispers a quick incantation, and a faint purple light surrounds Lucan, highlighting the bard. The drow dashes across the webs and raises a wicked looking scourge that he attempts to entangle around the bard's legs. However, Lucan is easily able to hop over the scourge, and the drow curses in frustration.

The other two Drow guards, broken and bloody, scramble up the ladders up onto the webs, looking as if they barely survived the fall.

The Draegloth on the ground gives a snarl, and calls down a curse from Lolth on Shep and Lucan. (32 damage & dazed, save ends) It's head is still spinning from the fall, and the Draegloth can't even manage to pull itself to it's feet. The other Draegloth begins climbing underneath the webs, only to jump out behind Lucan and Shep. As it comes over the edge, Lucan has a brief moment to swing and smack the creature (9 damage). Standing between the pair, The Draegloth snarls as a cloud of darkness erupts around it, blinding Shep & Lucan. From out of the darkness, there is a flash of claws and teeth as the creature tries to maul Shep and Lucan. Even under the curse of Lolth, Shep is able to avoid the fierce attacks. Lucan avoids the first barrage of claws, but a second attack catches the bard off guard, and one claw manages to slip through Lucan's defenses (24 damage)

Back in the Tunnel, the drider writhes in pain as Zyrr chokes it and Aramil slashes. With a grunt, a globe of darkness appears around the drider, enveloping both Aramil and Zyrr. From within the darkness, the Drider attacks, first at Aramil, using its ancient magic to try and break the Aegis surrounding it. The first attack is easily blocked by the skilled swordmage, but the second slips through and catches Aramil between the ribs (39 damage), and the Eladrin feels his Aegis snap. The drider launches a second barrage of attacks against the drow on it's back, stabbing furiously and digging a shortsword into Zyrr's knee (61 damage from 2 attacks)

-------------Pavick----------

Back at the hut, the drider drunkenly steps over to Pavick. "Oh...right , shhooorrry 'bout that. and frees the gnome from the webs. The drider gestures to the door, and points to a faint symbol on the frame. "There'sh shome warding on th'door, but we don't know what it ish. But if you're a servant, they told you how to get inside, yeah?"

Pavick can see that there is some ward with strong transmutation magic that will go off if anyone goes inside without a password or disabling the magic. The sound of the other patrolling guards is getting closer.

MAP:
    Spoiler
    Show

Initiative:
    Lucan - bloodied - (56 = 32 +24 damage - dazed (save ends)) - M12
    Shep (32 damage - dazed (save ends)) -K10
    Aramil (39 damage) - D14
    Zyrr - Bloodied - (61 = 34+27 damage) - D11
    Pavick

Drow Guards - M10, H14 - Bloodied(104 = 27 + 4 lightning + 73), U18 - Bloodied (120 = 21 + 24 + 3 lightning + 73)
    Draegloth - I8 (42 = 31 + 4 lightning +7, prone, dazed), K11 (16 = 9 + 7 damage)
    Drider - C12 (92 = 19 + 29 + 32 + 12)

Attack Rolls
    Spoiler
    Show

Drow guard
    Darkfire vs. Lucan's Ref (1d20+20)[33] - Lucan grants CA & can't benefit from invisibility or concealment until the end of the Drow's next turn
    Ensnaring Lash vs. Lucan's AC (1d20+22)[23] Damage: [roll]2d10 + 6[/roll] & Lucan is grabbed (escape DC 23) While grabbed, Lucan takes ongoing 20 damage)

I8 -Draegloth
    Lolth's curse
    Attack vs. Shep's Will (1d20+16)[33] (includes penalties)
    Attack vs. Lucan's's Will (1d20+16)[34] (includes penalties)
    Damage: (6d6+10)[32] & dazed Miss: Half Damage

Lucan - Opportunity Attack: (1d20+22)[39] vs. AC Damage: (1d8+5)[9]

K11 Draegloth
    Claw vs. Shep's AC (1d20+20)[28] vs. AC Damage: [roll]2d10 + 20[/roll]
    Free Action on a hit: Bite - (1d20+20)[23] vs. AC Damage:
    Claw vs. Lucan's AC (1d20+22)[29] (includes CA) vs. AC Damage: [roll]2d10 + 20[/roll]
    Free Action on a hit: Bite - (1d20+20)[25] vs. AC Damage:
    Action Point:
    Claw vs. Shep's AC (1d20+20)[39] vs. AC Damage: [roll]2d10 + 20[/roll]
    Free Action on a hit: Bite - (1d20+20)[32] vs. AC Damage:
    Claw vs. Lucan's AC (1d20+22)[32] (includes CA) vs. AC Damage: [roll]2d10 + 20[/roll]
    Free Action on a hit: Bite - (1d20+20)[25] vs. AC Damage:

Drider:
    Attack vs. Aramil's AC: (1d20+24)[26] (includes CA) Damage: (2d8+16)[20] + (2d8)[15] Sneak Attack
    If the attack hits, the Aegis ends, and the second attack will be against Zyrr. If the attack misses, it will repeat the attack against Aramil.
    Attack vs. AC: (1d20+24)[43] (includes CA) Damage: (2d8+16)[25] + (2d8)[14] Sneak Attack
    Action Point
    Against Zyrr if the Aegis is broken, else against Aramil.
    Attack vs. AC: (1d20+24)[39] (includes CA) Damage: (2d8+16)[23] + (2d8)[11] Sneak Attack
    Attack vs. AC: (1d20+24)[30] (includes CA) Damage: (2d8+16)[21] + (2d8)[6] Sneak Attack
    [/roll]
    Last edited by Hzurr; 2012-05-05 at 05:02 PM.

27. - Top - End - #177

Shep
    HP
    82/114
    AC 36, Fortitude 29, Reflex 32, Will 31
    (Note, all enemies other than the H14 and U18 guards are granting combat advantage to Shep. Against them his defenses are as follows. Also, enemies do not gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls if they have combat advantage against him.)
    AC 40, Fortitude 31, Reflex 34, Will 33

The draegoloth most certainly felt much safer with its cloud of darkness around it. The goliath chuckled, watching the strange, mutated creature. If only it knew that he could see just fine.

Even with alien force attempting to wheedle its way into his mind with icy fingers, the Shepherd moved with supernatual force and speed--such speed that the air around him crackled with static energy. He stopped dead, winds whipping about him, and thrust his palm outwards into midair. Unsurprisingly nothing connected...except the air around the felled draegoloth across the web exploded with electricity.

Some feet away, the Shepherd became the thunder.

Spoiler
    Show

Shep can still see because of his robe of eyes, which prevents him from being blinded.

Move Action: Shift to L10

Action Point - Standard Action: Fist of the Whirling Tempest attack technique.
    Attack vs. I8 Draegoloth's Reflex: (1d20+24)[36]
    Damage: (3d6+19)[26] lightning damage, and it's dazed until the end of my next turn. It is also weakened until the end of my next turn, because I spent an action point.
    Effect: Shep activates an aura 1 that lasts until the start of his next turn. Any creature that enters or starts its turn in the aura will take 1d6 + 9 thunder damage, or 1d6 + 13 thunder damage if it is granting combat advantage to Shep.
    The draegoloth and the guard can both make an opportunity attack against Shep, since this is a ranged attack.

No Action: Centered Flurry of Blows. Targeting the guard in M10, he takes 9 damage, and Shep slides him 2 squares to the right, right off the edge. Shep also targets the draegoloth in K11 for 9 damage, and slides him to M11, where he'll take (1d6+12)[17] thunder damage. Then, with Starblade Flurry, he'll target the draegoloth he hit with the attack, it'll take 9 damage, and he'll slide it 2 squares to K10, where he will take (1d6+12)[15] thunder damage.

Saving Throw: (1d20)[14]
    Last edited by Haberdashery; 2012-05-05 at 09:26 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Pavick - Gnome Wizard

Pavick relaxes slightly as the drider releases him from the webbing. "Yes, I was told. But it was very complicated. Me and my little brain," he holds up thumb and forefinger held only a fraction of an inch apart. "Well, I'm afraid I might not get it right. You might want to back off a little. I'm not sure what happens if I get the release triggers wrong. It could be... BOOM!" The last word is croaked out as a little fearful yelp. Pavick gestures with little sweeping motions for the drider to back off and give him some room.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucan - Half-elf bard
    AC 31 Fort 25 Ref 26 Will 30 Surges 8/9 HP 51 + 44/107

Lucan takes a moment to internalize his music, and his injuries begin to heal. Then he refocuses his energy, and the fog recedes from his mind. He darts out of the shadows and fires two arrows at his enemies before the fog returns.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor
    Use Skald's aura to regain 26 + (4d6+3)[18] hp

Action Point
    Fated action - re-roll one d20

Standard
    Use Attacks on the Run
    Move to P15
    Attack U18 v AC - (1d20+22)[25] Attack = 36 with Fated Action Re-roll
    Damage - (3d10+10)[27]
    Attack U18 v AC - (1d20+22)[32]
    Damage - (3d10+10)[28]
    If the first attack kills the drow at U18, use the second attack v. the drow at H14

Save vs Dazed = 4 [Failed]
    Last edited by DSCrankshaw; 2012-05-06 at 06:17 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Aramil
    HP 107/136 Surge 10/10, 34
    AC 38 Fort 27 Ref 31 Will 28
    (I had forgotten to note the 10 temp HP from Booming Blade)

Aramil snatches the threads of his broken Aegis, extending it as a shield to cushion the blows on Zyrr. Then, he swings blades of pure force from the tip of his arcing sword, reforming his Aegis as his skin hardens like steel...

Spoiler
    Show
    Immediate Interrupt: Channel Shielding on Zyrr: he takes 7 less damage from one attack last turn.

Standard: Sword Burst. Feywild Flanker is still active, and burst/blast attacks ignore Concealment.
    Attack vs Ref: 33 (see OOC)
    Force Damage - (1d6+12)[14]

Minor: Aegis of Assault

Minor: Ironskin: Aramil gains Resist 5 all until the end of the encounter.
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2012-05-06 at 06:07 PM.