New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Adventures in Sigil - IC - Part III [4E]

Lucan - Half-elf bard

"I can sense Lena," Lucan says, his eyes going vague. "There are a bunch of guards around a hut, down there. Do you think that's where Pavick is? How do we get him out?"

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

OOC: Could I get a diplomacy check from Pavick?

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

The former priestess tilts her head to the side again, as if listening, before leaning down closer to Pavick. "So tell me. How would you go about 'liberating' me, if you had the inclination?"

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Pavick Roslow - Gnome Wizard

Pavick leans in a little closer to her in return. His voice soft, he says, "Well, if I was so inclined, I would first go about faking your murder here. A few signs of struggle, then a large fire to consume the cottage should cover the tracks well enough. They'll wonder how someone made it in to kill you, but then again, I've made it inside. After an exhaustive examination of their little jail here, they'd find one loophole or another in their defenses. There certainly are a few, I made it in, afterall. But before their search begins, we'd have to get you to safety. That's where my mastery of travel magics comes in handy. To begin the flight from here, I know a spell that can create a temporary teleportation circle from nothing in mere seconds."

He pauses for a moment. "But all that depends on my inclination. So, I ask you, why would I find the inclination?"

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

---------- Pavick --------------

There are several long minutes of silence as the blindfolded drow considers Pavick's words. Eventually, she nods. "If you get me out of here, I'll tell you when the drow plan to seize Senaliesse.

----------- Everyone else -------------

As you stand on the webbing, discussing your next move, a series of bells begin to sound in the temple of Lolth.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucan - Half-elf bard

"We better get Pavick and get going," Lucan says, heading toward the cave. Lena quickly joins him, and gives him a quick rundown on what she's seen, focusing on the opposition.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

Lucan, Aramil, and Shep (with bob and Yuri close behind) quietly move into the tunnel, stepping over the body of the drider and the spilled blood of Zyrr, they can see the tunnel open up ahead. At the tunnel entrance, four drow soldiers have taken up defensive positions; heavy steal shields barring the path, and swords out. Pacing behind them is a drider, but his eight legs seem a bit wobbly, and the drider almost looks drunk. They seem to be watching the tunnel rather intently, sneaking by would be difficult.

Far behind them, you can see the open cavern that Lena had described, along with the small, quiet hut. As best you can tell, there seems to be no activity coming from the tiny structure.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Pavick - Gnome Wizard

Pavick nods slowly. "Yes. That sort of information would be worth helping you get out of here. Though it is obvious to me that you know more than just the timing of their plans. You must be willing to fully disclose all the plans you know of their attack. If you'll do that, I'll get to work helping you out of here. You don't mind if I perform a Sending to some friends do you. Their assistance could prove valuable."

Assuming she agrees, Pavick will set about performing the ritual. He pulls out a small glass plate and pours out a thin trail of silver dust mixed with powdered dragon horn in an intricate pattern across it's surface. He speaks a few arcane words with the image of Aramil fixed in his mind. As he begins his telepathic message, the trail of powder smoulders then burns away entirely.

"Pavick, in cottage with oracle. Wants to trade strategic information on drow attack on Senaliesse for freedom. Bring drow corpse and we'll fake her death."

He awaits Aramil's response.

Spoiler
    Show

Aramil is able to send a 25 word response. I'm not bothering with Arcana check, since Pavick's absolute minimum result gives 500 miles.

I was sorely tempted to have Pavick do this.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Aramil passes Zyrr's body to Bob while he replies to Pavick's message.

"Understood. Prepare for exfil, be warned, guards are alerted to our presence. Zyrr is down. Magic support is requested, you may engage at your discretion."

Aramil speaks in a low voice, "Get ready to take them out on my signal."

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucan - Half-elf bard

Lucan nods, readying his bow and signaling to Yuri to be ready.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Pavick - Gnome Wizard

Zyrr is down? What did that mean? Captured? Injured? Dead? Pavick didn't like any of the alternatives. In any case, his assistance would be needed now more than ever.

Pavick spoke to the seer as he put away his ritual materials. "You might want to gather up whatever you need to take with you. My friends are on their way. I need to step out for a moment, they aren't all as adept at being unnoticed as me. I'll be stepping out for a moment now to help them make their way here. It shouldn't be more than few minutes."

Once his things were all packed up, Pavick stepped over to the door. His orb was in one hand, and the doorknob in the other. He cracked the door open and peeked out readying himself to fling it open and flood the battlefield with arcane energy as soon as his allies attacked.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

The former priestess gives a nod, and moves into her bedroom, hastily collecting clothes and a few other trinkets.

--------

Back where the tunnel meets the cave, the drow guards stationed there begin murmuring to each other softly. "Are you sure we shouldn't move down there and look for him?" "No, our orders are to come here at the first sign of trouble, and make sure no one enters the cave. Stop worrying. Even if someone does make it past the guards the entrance, you heard the bells. The alarm has been sounded, so we should start seeing re-enforcements any minute now..."

MAP
    Spoiler
    Show

KEY
    Spoiler
    Show

Initiative:

Aramil - O24
    Shep - P24
    Pavick - T6
    Lucan - H24

Drow Blackguard - I17, P17
    Drider - K12
    Drow Footsoldier - K17, M17

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Aramil
    HP 123/136 Surge 8/10, 34
    AC 37 Fort 27 Ref 31 Will 28

Aramil takes one last look around the cave wall, then bolts into action. Appearing next to two of the drow guards, he whips out his sword and slashes as one he marks him and another before he turns his hand, reaching out with lightning snares to pull the group together.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Fey Step to J18. Attack the I17 Blackguard.
    Attack vs AC - (1d20+25)[42]
    Damage - (1d8+16)[20]

Minor: Aegis of Assault, using Double Aegis to mark both the I17 and K17 Drow.

Standard: Ensnaring Bolts to hit the drider and the K17, M17, and O17 guards. All attacks vs Ref.
    Attack vs Drider - (1d20+22)[31]
    Attack vs K17 - (1d20+22)[35]
    Attack vs M17 - (1d20+22)[41]
    Attack vs O17 - (1d20+22)[34]
    Hit: Lightning Damage - (1d10+13)[14] and pull 2.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucan - Half-elf bard
    AC 31 Fort 25 Ref 26 Will 30 Surges 5/9 HP 107/107

Lucan waits until all his allies are in position, before saying, "C'mon, Yuri."

"For the revolution!" Yuri declares, charging into the fray.

Lucan moves forward at a more stately pace, singing as he goes, his words like thunder, energy crackling along his bow, until he releases it in a glorious song.

Spoiler
    Show

Just to be clear, I'm waiting until Shep is in position before I attack.

Minor
    Start Skald's Aura

Move
    Lucan moves to K19
    Yuri moves to K18

Standard
    Lucan casts Song of Storms
    It's a close blast 5, and if everyone's moved by Aramil, they should all be in range. But since I don't know where they'll all end up, I'll refer to them by their starting positions.
    Attack v Ref I17 - (1d20+20)[31]
    Attack v Ref K17 - (1d20+20)[28]
    Attack v Ref M17 - (1d20+20)[30]
    Attack v Ref O17 - (1d20+20)[35]
    Attack v Ref K13 - (1d20+20)[39]
    +2 from CA for any enemy Yuri's adjacent to.
    Damage - (2d6+14)[25] Lightning
    And if any of them hit, every ally in the area gets +1d6 lightning damage to each attack until the end of my next turn
    Last edited by DSCrankshaw; 2012-06-02 at 07:42 AM.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Pavick - Gnome Wizard

Pavick moved up behind the line of drow soldiers. He kept his distance from the battle, but needed to get a little closer for his magic to take hold.

He waved his fingers over the surface of his orb, weaving an intricate spell over the minds of the drow along the right flank, intending to send them stumbling over to attack their drider ally.

Knowing they needed to end this fight quickly, Pavick sent another spell their way, attempting to trap them in a small illusory landscape of his design.

Spoiler
    Show

Move: To T11.

Standard: Mass charm (area burst 1) centered to hit the drow that had occupied J, M, and O 17. With Aramil's pull I should be able to get them all. There is no attack roll for this, it just has effect. I slide them each adjacent to the drider and they make a MBA against him.

Action Point:

Move: Teleport to J21 (with planeshifter's action)

Standard: Mirage Arcana (area burst 2) centered to hit all enemies.
    Effect: Creates a zone (until the end of the encounter) of difficult terrain, creatures in the zone grant CA.
    Attacks vs. Will.
    Blackguard 1 - (1d20+23)[38]
    Blackguard 2 - (1d20+23)[25]
    Footsoldier 1 - (1d20+23)[30]
    Footsoldier 2 - (1d20+23)[40]
    Drider - (1d20+23)[27]
    A hit does psychic damage - (2d6+13)[18] and target is dazed, can't see creatures outside of the zone, and can't leave the zone willingly (save ends all). They all take a -4 to their first save and -2 to saves after that. Also due to psychic lock, each target hit takes -2 to their next attack roll.

Curse eye tatoo: Drider takes an additional -2 to saves, (save ends).

Last edited by dariathalon; 2012-06-02 at 12:42 PM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

The Shepherd - Goliath Monk (as played by DSCrankshaw)
    HP 92/114
    AC 36, Fortitude 29, Reflex 32, Will 31

A rock did not cry. Not even when a close friend and ally, a man with the cheer and tenacity of an especially cheery and tenacious goat, has died. Therefore, those were not tears streaming down the Shepherd's cheeks. They were something else . . . mere condensation, perhaps. And they did not blur his vision, and they would not stop him--could not stop him--from avenging his friend. He drew his dagger before rushing after Aramil, like a charging goat, water streaming from his eyes, placing all the force of his vengeance into a single fist. And then he stopped as suddenly as he had started, his outstretched fist thrumming with the force of his momentum. With an almost delicate gesture, he touched it to the ground. And the ground rippled outward with its power.

Spoiler
    Show

Movement
    Furious bull move: speed + 2 to K17

Standard
    Use Furious Bull attack
    Assuming that they're all in range.

EDIT: Oops. These should all be targeting Fortitude, not Reflex.
    Attack v Ref I17 - (1d20+21)[29]
    Attack v Ref K17 - (1d20+21)[34]
    Attack v Ref M17 - (1d20+21)[40]
    Attack v Ref O17 - (1d20+21)[36]
    Attack v Ref K13 - (1d20+21)[31]
    Damage - (2d6+15)[22]
    On hit, slide target 1 square, and he is dazed until the end of my turn.

Centered Flurry of Blows: I do an extra 7 damage to K13, K17, and I17 (using Starblade flurry), and slide them 1 square.

I'll use the slides to clump them all closer together, and make them easier for my allies to hit (while, if possible, placing Shep out of the midst of them).
    Last edited by DSCrankshaw; 2012-06-03 at 09:57 PM.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

To most, the next few seconds appeared to be an eruption of chaos. But to the trained eye those few seconds were a slaughterhouse for the drow.

Aramil appearing in the blink of an eye, lightning striking out against the drow, pulling them in close, only for the magicks of Pavick to bewitch their minds, and turn their blades upon each other. A second blast from Pavick left the guards clutching their heads in pain just in time for the whirling form of the Shepherd to swoop in. Even as the drow were tossed around by the Goliath through the illusory landscape created by the gnome, a storm appeared overhead, crackling down.

Once the smoke cleared, the Drider was dead, and all the Drow were bleeding from a myriad of wounds. In despiration, the remaining drow began the attack, pressing forward with spear and crossbow and rapier in one last final push. In the confusion, Aramil takes a crossbow bolt in the leg, and can feel the poison seeping into his body (17 damage & slowed (save ends)) and Shep gets a spear jabbed into his leg.

OOC: Yuri can make an opportunity attack

As the attack subsides, the Shepherd slowly cracks his neck, before intoning "My turn...". With a whirling kick, he sends every drow around him sprawling before stepping away from the dazed creatures.

MAP
    Spoiler
    Show

Initiative

Shep (25 damage & marked)
    Aramil (17 damage & slowed [save ends])
    Lucan
    Pavick

Drow Blackguard - J17* (103 = 20+25+18+7 +33 [marked]), L17 (87 = 14+25+22+26)
    Drow Footsoldier - K15*(138 = 14+25+18 [dazed]+7+22+19+33 [marked]), L16 (119 = 14+25+18 [dazed]+ 22+7+33)

Attacks:
    Spoiler
    Show

Note: Some of these attacks occur before Shep Moves them, so the ranges may seem a little off

L17 Blackguard Hand Crossbow rapier vs. Aramil's AC (1d20+24)[38] Damage: (2d6+10)[17] & slowed (save ends)
    Save vs. Dazed: (1d20-4)[15]
    J17 Blackguard Rapier vs. Shep's AC (1d20+22)[33] Damage: (3d8+14)[30] & slowed til EoNT
    K15 Footsoldier vs. Shep's AC (1d20+25)[31] Damage: (2d8+18)[27] & marked
    Save vs. Dazed: (1d20-4)[9]
    L16 Footsoldier vs. Shep's AC (1d20+25)[42] Damage: (2d8+18)[25] & marked
    Save vs. Dazed: (1d20-4)[0]
    Last edited by Hzurr; 2012-06-04 at 05:51 PM.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Pavick - Gnome Wizard

Pavick steps over a little to clear a line of sight between the blackguards. He stares the enemies down and says in a magically enhanced voice. "STAY THERE, SCUM!" His command burrows into their mind painfully and takes root.

Spoiler
    Show

Move: shift to K21

Standard: Mesmeric Hold (attacks vs will)
    Blackguard J17 - (1d20+23)[34] for Psychic damage - (2d6+13)[17]
    Blackguard L17 - (1d20+23)[41] for Psychic damage - (2d6+13)[22]
    Footsoldier K15 - (1d20+23)[42] for Psychic damage - (2d6+13)[21]
    Additionally, any targets hit are immobilized until the end of my next turn and take a -2 penalty to their next attack roll (psychic lock).

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucan - Half-elf bard
    AC 31 Fort 25 Ref 26 Will 30 Surges 5/9 HP 107/107

Lucan's song alters pitch, bringing in discordant notes, as he attempts to twist fate around the nearest Blackguard.

Spoiler
    Show

Standard
    Use Unluck
    Attack L17 v Ref - (1d20+22)[34] (includes CA from Yuri)
    Damage - (1d8+14)[18] Necrotic

On hit, he uses (1d20)[4] on his next attack roll, if it's lower. Which it probably will be.
    And Aramil can use (1d20)[1] on an attack roll against him, if it's higher than what he rolls. Obviously, Aramil doesn't want a 1.
    Last edited by DSCrankshaw; 2012-06-04 at 10:27 PM.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Aramil
    HP 106/136 Surge 8/10, 34
    AC 37 Fort 27 Ref 31 Will 28

Aramil extends his shield to defend Shep, then waits a second, taking his opportunity to teleport into the middle of the fray, lashing out with his sword set ablaze.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Immediate Interrupt: Channel Shielding to reduce the damage dealt to Shep by 7.

Move: Armathor's Step to K16.

Standard: Burning Mantle on the J17 Blackguard. +2 power bonus to attack due to Armathor's Step.
    Attack vs AC - (1d20+25)[44]
    Hit: Fire Damage - (2d8+16)[28], and until the end of the encounter, any creature starting its turn next to Aramil takes 5 fire damage.
    Miss: Not expended (Reliable)

save vs slow - (1d20)[15]
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2012-06-06 at 02:24 PM.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

Pavick's spell falls over the group freezing them in place within the strange psychic world he had already created while Pavick sends an arrow in to jinx the attack of the nearest blackguard. Aramil turns his wrath against the same blackguard and strikes a near deadly-blow against the creature before errupting into flames.

The two blackguards frantically pat out the flames, but find themselves unable to move thanks to Pavick's spell. They turn their focus on the Eladrin that stepped in the middle of the group of drow, rapiers flying. Lucan's curse immediately takes hold of one of the blackguards, and his attack goes laughably wide.

The footsoldier closer to the hut gives a shriek of pain at the flames coming off of Aramil, and lets lose with a curse from Lolth, trying to send Aramil stumbling back, while the second attempts to pin him down with a spear. (32 & ongoing 5 poison (save ends), 22 damage & marked)

The Shepherd casually strides over, and with a smile punches the footsoldier in the face, forcing him closer to the Aramil before following up with a second kick and shuriken. The shuriken proves too much for the remaining footsoldier, and the drow falls to the ground, dead.

MAP
    Spoiler
    Show

Initiative

Shep
    Aramil (Bloodied - 82 damage & ongoing 5 poison (save ends))
    Lucan
    Pavick

Drow Blackguard - J17* (163 = 103 + 17 + 28+5 fire), L17 (132 = 87 + 22 + 18+5 fire)
    Drow Footsoldier - L16 (154 = 119+5 fire +23+7)

Attacks
    Spoiler
    Show

J17 Drow Blackguard - Rolls a 4 thanks to Lucan's Unluck
    L17 Drow Blackguard - vs. AC (1d20+24)[40] (CA & penalty cancel each other out). Damage: (3d8+14)[28]
    K15 Drow Footsoldier vs. Fort (1d20+23)[42] (2d10+16)[32] & ongoing 5 poison (save ends) - pushed 1 square
    L16 Drow Footsoldier vs. AC (1d20+25)[38] [roll]2d8 + 18[/roll] 22 damage - OOC

Shep:
    (1d20+24)[38] Damage: (1d10+19)[23]
    Last edited by Hzurr; 2012-06-06 at 06:18 PM.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucan - Half-elf bard

Lucan's song becomes harsher, mocking, so that it resembles cruel laughter. As if summoned, a sphere of blue light appears at the blackguard's ear, and he leaps as if stung. The light leaps up and dives down again, and he jumps from another sting. Again and again, the light circles around the drow, diving in repeatedly to sting like a vicious insects. The drow slaps at it, but it's too fast for him, at least until it pauses right in front of his face, and he sees a tiny winged woman with a vicious grin and a bloodied rapier. Just as he grabs for her, he feels a tearing at his chest. He looks down to see a bloodied spiral horn emerging from his chest.

"Die, imperialist dog! Yuri cries, before pawing the dead off his horn.

Lucan grins at the remaining drow. "Who else wants to die the death of a thousand cuts? he asks.

"And one horn!" insists Yuri.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Pavick - Gnome Wizard

Pavick watches in amazement as Lena swirled around the drow leaving several small cuts. He glanced down his sleeve to where Slick was leisurely relaxing wrapped around his wrist. "You could learn a thing or two from her," he tells the snake with a jocular twinkle in his eye.

Always a fan of irony, Pavick decided that he should take down one of the remaining drow by the thing he loved most. With a wave of his wrist, the drow was surrounded by a swarm of tiny spiders. The illusionary arachnid army began to crawl up his legs, but the drow stood agape staring at the hole left in his ally's chest by Yuri's horn. "AHEM" Pavick cleared his throat loudly. He also summoned a quick mage hand to tug on the man's collar to grab his attention. "You may want to look down."

By the time the drow looked down at the swarm, it was already up to his chest. The illusions were crawling into the seams of his armor and biting at him. He tore at the armor and smashed at the spiders, but of course the damage being done was all in his mind. Still it only took him a few seconds to succomb to the swarm's attacks.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Aramil turns to the foe that wounded him with a spear, catches the spear with the blade and guard of his sword, then twists. The wooden shaft snaps against the magic steel, and as the footsoldier stumbles back a step in recoil, Aramil follows up with a devastating slash that nearly severs the drow's neck, cutting diagonally into the opposite shoulder.

Cleaning off his blade quickly before sheathing it, he walks onward. "Come, we have little time to waste."

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

After the quick disposal of the drow guards, you quickly gather your things (specifically Zyrr's body), and head up to the smaller hut. Inside, the blindfolded priestess gives a polite nod to Aramil and Lucan. "Ah, of course. If the gnome liberator is here, I'm not surprised to see the two of you as well. Your auras have interwoven with one another often, haven't they?" She turns, and starts to walk towards Pavick, only to smash into Shep.

Now on the ground, the priestess pinches her bleeding nose. "You inconsiderate fools! Why didn't you tell me there was someone else here?" She stands up, hands outstretched, and reaches around cautiously until she finds Shep, and slowly feels her way around the goliath, muttering curses. Finally around the monk, she leans down to stare through the blindfold at Pavick. "Now, are you going to make good on your deal, or should I wait til the priestesses arrive and tell them how you tried to kidnap me as part of an overworlder conspiracy?

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Pavick - Gnome Wizard

Pavick glances back and forth between the woman and Shep. "How did she know about Aramil and Lucan but not Shep? Is is something to do with the fact that they're both arcane casters, and Shep isn't? Despite her blindness, she seems to have a powerful ability to sense magic. Maybe that's it."

When the oracle finished speaking, Pavick lept into action. First he turned to Lucan and Shep. "I think we should trash this place as thoroughly as we can to try to hide any evidence of what we did here. Get it ready to burn if you think you can. Otherwise destroy whatever you can."

He pulled out a quill and parchment, thrusting them in Aramil's direction. "Aramil, write a letter to your family for her to carry. I'll be sending her to their estate to fulfill the deal. She can give them the information she has promised, they're in a better position to deal with it than we are right now anyway. Make sure you explain the situation to them fully. It might not be a bad idea for you to send Bob along with her to make sure that the guards don't attack her on sight, but I'll leave that decision to you."

He turns to the drow woman. "I'll open the portal as soon as he's done with the letter. Hopefully your people won't be able to detect any signs of the portal once it's closed. We wouldn't want them chasing after you, would we? You know the means of your people better than I do. Do you have any advice for covering your trail?"

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

The former priestess looks towards Pavick. "Wait a minute, you ankle-biting surface trash, sending me into the middle of a bunch of daywalkers with nothing but a letter to protect me wasn't what I agreed on. I'd be dead before I opened my mouth."

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Aramil nods. "Yes, with the war especially, a drow making an unexpected visit would be met with spears and wards at least. I will escort her, then you will use the ritual again to allow me to return in order to complete our remaining objectives.

However, the guards are alerted, so we don't have time to waste. We need to leave the city first and find a secure location from which we can use the rituals."

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Pavick - Gnome Wizard

Pavick sighs heavily, "I have a spell ready to cast that can open a portal here and now, quick portal it is called. It will only take a few seconds to cast, no long-involved rituals required just takes a lot out of me. So if we do it now we can do it from here, but if you really want to leave town first we can try it, I doubt it will be easy with her in tow though."

"However we get her out of here, I don't think we can all travel with her. Whichever way I create the portal, quick portal spell, or long ritual, it still needs to open out to a teleportation gate. I don't know the rune patterns for any gates around here, and even if I did, I'm sure they'd be well guarded. If we went back to the your family's estate, we'd have to trek all the way through the underdark again to continue our mission. That's why I suggested sending Bob with her. They know him, he can keep them from attacking her at least long enough to read your letter. If it's absolutely necessary, once we're safely out of the city, I could create a temporary teleportation circle to use to go back and forth. But I think that is probably going to be the more difficult option."

He turns to Cerzei, "I told you I'd get you safely out of the city. Going to the Printempest Estates is out of the city, and you will be safe there so long as you hold up your end of the deal. They wouldn't want to forfeit the information you've agreed to provide."

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

Cerzei pauses, clearly uneager to venture into Eladrin territory. "What if..." she clears her throat "What if I could give you the sigil sequence for a teleportation circle just outside the city? It's only a day or two away."

From outside, the bells ringing at the Temple has finally quieted, and has been replaced with a drum beat; heavy base notes that you can feel in your chest as they reverberate through the cavern.