New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Garryl's Freeform Fire Emblem Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Orpheus View Post
    Another is the increase the max possible attacks with daggers for those with the spd.
    Like what, some sort of talent? Like this?

Swift Stab: Always Double Attack when user's speed is higher than attack target. Can only be used with Daggers and Knives.

It would probably crowd with the Thievery Talent since (presumably) a character can only have one tier 1 talent.

What doesn't help dagger's use/fire power is that in the Fire Emblem games, Assassins/Thieves were essentially Swordmasters/Myrmidons with a even more focus on dodging and dealing Critical hits.

@Garryl, I noticed a typo in the description of Dark Magic:
    Dark magic has a triangle advantage against fire, thunder, and wind magic, but has a disadvantage against dark magic. I assume you meant Light Magic.
    Also, go ahead and implement some of the ideas I had over here.
    Though I might also borrow some of your accessories.
    Last edited by Geno9999; 2012-03-17 at 04:02 PM.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

@Kasanip: Yeah, that makes sense. So, I'm not sure quite where to go from there.

But, in theory, if you're a level 4 chanter, and only chanter, you've chanted thirty times... But, of course, not too many will pick only chants.

@flabort: I had considered that, yes. You'd probably get the first three immediately. Depending on what we end up with.

Next thought, could a Charisma talent (sell used weapons for a full half of their cost) be feasible as a Tier 1 talent? Would it fall under Tier 2? Would it be possible at all?

And I'd still like feedback on gaining a second Laguz transform type (Less transform type, more strike) and keeping the same gauge as a Tier 2 talent. (Or even Tier 3, as I've got that open, currently)

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

Geno: Thanks, that typo will be corrected.

You can have up to 3 T1 talents initially (and you can get more at each promotion). It's in the character creation rules.

Please let me know if you have ideas for more accessories. I'm always looking for ways to expand. I hope you can get good use from what I already have.

I'm considering the following additions to daggers. The numbers need tweaking, of course.
    Spoiler
    Show

Fixed damage means that it always deals damage equal to the weapon's base Might. Str, Mag, Def, Res, triangle advantage, critical hits, terrain, even things that temporarily modify a weapon's might, they all have no effect on the damage dealt by a fixed damage weapon.

{table=head]Weapon Name |Rank |Range |Mgt |Hit |Crit |Wgt |Durability |Value |Triangle Type |Special
    Venin Dagger |D |1 |2 |75 |5 |3 |45 | |Dagger |Causes Poison on hit.
    Venin Knife |D |1-2 |1 |65 |0 |2 |45 | |Dagger |Causes Poison on hit.
    Soul Blade |C |1 |14 |90 |5 |0 |20 | |Light |Uses Light weapon triangle. Fixed damage.
    Soul Knife |C |1-2 |11 |80 |0 |0 |20 | |Light |Uses Light weapon triangle. Fixed damage.
    Stake |C |1 |6 |70 |10 |7 |15 | |Dagger |Effective against Spirit.
    Stiletto |B |1 |8 |65 |10 |8 |15 | |Dagger |Effective against Armored.
    Ether Blade |B |1 |18 |85 |5 |0 |15 | |Light |Uses Light weapon triangle. Fixed damage.
    Ether Knife |B |1-2 |15 |75 |0 |0 |15 | |Light |Uses Light weapon triangle. Fixed damage.[/table]

Penguinator: No for Charisma. It messes up the economy too much, and it's the kind of talent that only one person in the group needs. A second person having it literally does nothing, since you only need one person to sell everything.

Regarding the double transform thing, I haven't said anything because I can't say anything. I don't know enough about how Laguz characters will perform to know how that kind of talent will affect them. If all you want is a second strike to switch between, that shouldn't be much, around 5-10 growth points (cost of a new weapon or a T1 talent or thereabouts).

Chants, I'll deal with another time. If they are level-based, I'd rather they be based on your absolute power level (Level + 20 per promotion, so 1-20 in T1, 21-40 in T2, and 41-60 in T3) rather than your level relative to when you gained access to the chants. It's easier bookkeeping for me that way. Look at the way Geno has the songs set up in his Zelda FE rules if you want to see what I mean.

Kasanip: The main reason I don't want Chants to be purely based on weapon rank is so that you can't just work your way up to the best stuff right from the beginning or with a couple of quick Arms Scrolls (ignoring for the moment that they only work if you have a weapon equipped but that you don't equip chants) in order to have a high end ability at low levels. It's pretty much the same reason that Brave weapons don't suddenly start appearing in unlimited quantities as soon as someone gets a B rank in Swords/Lances/etc.
    A Guide to Free D&D - A resource of free, official D&D resources on the web.
    Handbooks Index
    My Homebrew Compendium

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Garryl View Post
    Penguinator: No for Charisma. It messes up the economy too much, and it's the kind of talent that only one person in the group needs. A second person having it literally does nothing, since you only need one person to sell everything.
    Heh, I wasn't going to use it, I just asked 'cause I've got a character who's a con-man/merchant. It was an interesting concept, but I didn't have the gp left for it, anyway.

Regarding the double transform thing, I haven't said anything because I can't say anything. I don't know enough about how Laguz characters will perform to know how that kind of talent will affect them. If all you want is a second strike to switch between, that shouldn't be much, around 5-10 growth points (cost of a new weapon or a T1 talent or thereabouts).
    Yeah, I just want Solar and Lunar Breath. Or possibly Fire Breath, rather than Lunar. (You saw the character I submitted for Weapons of War, right? He's the one I want it for.)

Chants, I'll deal with another time. If they are level-based, I'd rather they be based on your absolute power level (Level + 20 per promotion, so 1-20 in T1, 21-40 in T2, and 41-60 in T3) rather than your level relative to when you gained access to the chants. It's easier bookkeeping for me that way. Look at the way Geno has the songs set up in his Zelda FE rules if you want to see what I mean.
    I'm kind of off of the level idea, I'm warming up to the "learn by item" idea, but those items would likely need to be a) more than one use and/or b) pretty damn expensive/hard to get.

That, and... well, I'll go post in Geno's thread.

One other thing, could I, were I to make a bard, refluff dances as "song," and use them?
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2012-03-18 at 02:30 PM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Could Summoning (like Summoners of Sacred Stones, but with Sword, Axe, and Lance phantoms) be a Tier 2 talent?

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

6. - Top - End - #66

Yes on the refluffing thing. I'm a big fan of refluffing things.

How does summoning work in Sacred Stones? I've never played that game (only Radiant Dawn). And how would you expect it to work here?
    Handbooks Index
    My Homebrew Compendium

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Summoners are Shaman promotes which have Dark Magic, Staves, and Summoning as an ability.

A Summoner can summon one phantom at a time. A phantom has 1 Hitpoint, 0 Defense, and 0 Resistance. They also use axes, based on the summoner's level and weapon rank. (Although, in other Forum Emblem games, they tend to have swords and axes as well, and I was hoping that would be possible) Oh, and unfortunately, they can have Devil weapons, too. They usually have Iron, though. Their stats are rolled based on the summoner's level and innate Summoning stats/growths. (Knoll had different stats than Ewan, and I think Lyon had summoning, as well, but I didn't stick around to unlock him)

Anyway, Phantoms are there to attack things that are out of the way, they move as if they were flying, but with five move. They usually die pretty fast, as you've probably guessed.

Average growth rates for phantoms were 186%, so let's say you get 185% growths to put into your phantoms. (Only stats used are Strength, Luck, Speed, and Skill) Average stats at level 1 were 25. So let's say you get 25bp to put into your phantoms. (Again, only Str, Luck, Speed, and Skill. Mag, Def, and Res are always 0, Hp is always 1. No more than 10 in a stat) So you distribute those points, and then each level, you roll to see what the player's stat increases are and the phantom's stat increases.

So, say I have a phantom setup with 6 Str, 5 Skl, 10 Spd, 4 Luck. Growths of 50% Str, 50% Skl, 50% Spd, 35% Luck. Then go from there. Obviously, someone with summoning at tier 2 ends up with better phantoms than someone who gets it at tier 3, but you could give the tier 3 summoner 5-10 extra points at level 1 and call it fair.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2012-03-18 at 10:24 PM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

8. - Top - End - #68

When the phantom attacks, does the summoner get xp? Does the phantom's killer get xp either?

Could be workable. Should be in any case. Just gonna have to figure out the right numbers and stuff. I'll take a closer look at how they work in Sacred Stones.
    Handbooks Index
    My Homebrew Compendium

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

Summoners got a flat 10 XP for summoning something, but that gave up their turn.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Phantoms don't get xp, no, and since no enemy summoners were in play, I don't know about getting xp for killing a phantom. I'm inclined to say no, but maybe a point or two if you're feeling generous.

Ewan has 170 growths, but he's built to be a lousy Summoner. Much better Druid.
    Knoll and Lyon had 195.

Ewan's had 15 base points. (0 were luck, again, he's the worst one)
    Knoll's had 26. (10 were luck)
    Lyon's had 35. (20 were luck)

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Starting a list of game-specific rules for the game I'm working on planning.

Character creation/Play/recruitment
    Spoiler
    Show
    You will be creating 3 characters, instead of 1, and playing all three of them. One of these characters will be a lord. Yes, each player gets a lord!

Some maps, players will be opposed to each other. Others, they will start allied. Sometimes a specific character will be allied to a team that is neutral to the character's own team. That character counts as allied for supports and bonus XP, but not for win conditions.

You will not always get to use all three of your characters. Sometimes there will be a character limit on a map. These maps will also have lord limits. Some players will then get to play both their non-lord units, but not their lord, for that map. Some players will only get to use their lords that map. It depends on how the players choose to divide themselves for that map.

Players may get an opportunity to gain a fourth character for their team in later maps. They will need to have the character ready (at least 3 maps) in advance... and if they fail to recruit the character, they may get another chance in a later map. On maps where a player can gain a fourth character, only so many players can gain them, depending on the map. The character will start on the map, under my control, and moving beside them and talking (But only if they're yours, or a character I made for anyone to take) will recruit them. A player may not gain a 5th character.

When a player can be recruited, his whole team will start on the map under my control. Moving next to the lord and talking, or moving next to any character with your own lord and talking, will recruit the player as an allied team to your own, and the player will get control. If there are players opposed to the team that did the recruiting, the recruited team will be enemies to those players for the duration of the map.

Supports/Rivalry
    Spoiler
    Show
    Anything not mentioned is same as normal.

Increase support rank from X to C: 50. From C to B: 75. From B to A: 100. To decrease from A to B: -100. From B to C: -75. From C to X: -50.
    Increase Rivalry from X to C: -50. From C to B: -75. From B to A: -100. To decrease from A to B: 100. From B to C: 75. From C to X: 50.
    X means no rivalry, no support. Support gives normal bonuses. Rivalry subtracts the bonus support would give.

Recruit: +10, +3 more per map
    Member of team recruited: +3
    Member of allied team recruited: 0
    Member of enemy team recruited: -5
    Deploy nearby: +5
    Start turn Adjacent (as allies): +2
    Start turn Adjacent (As enemies): -2
    Meaningful interaction (Positive): +2
    Meaningful interaction (Negative): -2
    Adjacent to combat (as allies): +1
    Adjacent to combat (As enemies): -1
    Combat: -2
    Kill: -5, -1 more fore each time killed character died

Notes:
    When you gain or lose support with someone, they gain or lose the same amount.
    When a team is recruited, their entire team gains support with the character that recruited them, and a little support with each other member of that team. Similarly, they gain a little rivalry with members of teams opposed to the team that recruited them.
    A negative meaningful interaction is such as a curse, or other action that gives someone a disadvantage. Also included are stealing, or shoving, but NOT combat. Positive as normal.
    Adjacent to combat means that you get the points if you are not in the combat, but are adjacent to someone in it. Combat itself means that you are in it.
    Kill means if you kill that person, in addition to the combat points - the more times they've died before, the more points you lose with each-other, too.

You can only have 4 ranks of support (excepting lords, who can have 6). This means only one support can reach A rank, normally. But, if you have a rivalry, or more, for each rank of rivalry you have, you may have another rank of support. So if you have a B rank rivalry, or 2 C rank rivalries, you may have 2 A rank supports!

It's impossible for a single player's own characters to develop a rivalry between them - they are always allied, and cannot make any negative interactions (including combat) against each other.

Lords + death
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lords are more common in this game. As such, they don't have much distinction. They start with C rank supports with their own team, and 30 extra growth to spend at character creation, 10 more at first promotion, and 20 more at second.

When a lord dies, it's team is considered eliminated that map - the other characters in that team can still help, and gain experience, though. It is mostly for win conditions.

When a character dies, it is not permanent. They are out of the map, and still earn any XP and bonus XP, if any, but they cannot be of any more aid that map. They can return for the next map, with exception - some maps will be die-hard maps. The character cannot return during the next map if they die on a die-hard map, but they may return the map after that.

The presence of these rules does not mean it's going to be very soon, but you can probably start developing characters (in text pads, not on the forums yet) and teams knowing these.
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flabort I know that you are just in the planning stage of the game, but what you have right now seems very interesting. I am curios though would the different teams be constantly interacting with each other or will it be only during special occasions. I don't know how it would work, but it might to add to the game if players could determine how the supports and rivalries grow and affect stats, so for example if two characters hate each other they would get an attack bonus to represent their determination to defeat the other combatant.
    Herpestidae made my Naktem avatar.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hunt11 View Post
    Flabort I know that you are just in the planning stage of the game, but what you have right now seems very interesting. I am curios though would the different teams be constantly interacting with each other or will it be only during special occasions. I don't know how it would work, but it might to add to the game if players could determine how the supports and rivalries grow and affect stats, so for example if two characters hate each other they would get an attack bonus to represent their determination to defeat the other combatant.
    The first two maps will be 4-way battles between teams - so starting with only 4 players. The third will start in a similar format... but something will happen.

Usually each map will have 12-16 characters (4-7 teams) on it at a time. Often working together, sometimes split in two alliances, sometimes back to the original fashion of a simple 4-way battle. When enough players are recruited, DOOM it will split into two maps at a time.

Recruitment likely won't start until map 4, though. The first four will get some good time alone.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tier 4 talents only come during the last map right? Because if it is still so then isn't the limit break talent a weak ability as by that point in the game characters are very unlikely to gain anything more then a single level during said battle?
    Herpestidae made my Naktem avatar.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    Like what, some sort of talent? Like this?

Swift Stab: Always Double Attack when user's speed is higher than attack target. Can only be used with Daggers and Knives.

It would probably crowd with the Thievery Talent since (presumably) a character can only have one tier 1 talent.

What doesn't help dagger's use/fire power is that in the Fire Emblem games, Assassins/Thieves were essentially Swordmasters/Myrmidons with a even more focus on dodging and dealing Critical hits.
    That sounds like a cool talent for knifers, However I do see your point about assassins and sword masters, but I have some more ideas to give them flavor as well as a reason to not choose larger less rougey weapons.

1. Poison daggers cause we already have poison swords, axes, lances, bows, and it seems like poison should be an item you could apply to any melee weapon.

2. And I also have another talent Sneak Attack: When you attack from within a terrain that provides some form of concealment (not thrones or gates) you may attack with a dagger, knife, or bow with a 10% greater chance of scoring a critical hit.
    "If you are after mere parlor tricks you will be sorely disappointed, for if I reach behind your ear, it will not be a nickel I pull out, BUT YOUR VERY SOUL!" The Venture Bros.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

1. Poison daggers cause we already have poison swords, axes, lances, bows, and it seems like poison should be an item you could apply to any melee weapon.
    I just got another idea for a talent related to this:

Venomous - Once per map, the character can use a turn to add "Hit inflicts poison." to his/her currently equipped weapon. If the weapon already has a poison effect, the poison now does 3-7 damage per turn. Effect lasts 3 turns before it is returned to normal.
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

17. - Top - End - #77

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    Phantoms don't get xp, no, and since no enemy summoners were in play, I don't know about getting xp for killing a phantom. I'm inclined to say no, but maybe a point or two if you're feeling generous.

Ewan has 170 growths, but he's built to be a lousy Summoner. Much better Druid.
    Knoll and Lyon had 195.

Ewan's had 15 base points. (0 were luck, again, he's the worst one)
    Knoll's had 26. (10 were luck)
    Lyon's had 35. (20 were luck)
    I'd probably treat them as units 20 levels lower than the summoner (which is about 1-3 xp for a hit/kill for characters near the summoner's level anyways).

Quote Originally Posted by hunt11 View Post
    Tier 4 talents only come during the last map right? Because if it is still so then isn't the limit break talent a weak ability as by that point in the game characters are very unlikely to gain anything more then a single level during said battle?
    Whoops, I forgot those were in there. They're all in a very raw state.

That said, don't forget about bonus xp, the possibility of Training Scrolls, and the fact that I like large, drawn-out maps of epic scale for my finales.

That sounds like a cool talent for knifers, However I do see your point about assassins and sword masters, but I have some more ideas to give them flavor as well as a reason to not choose larger less rougey weapons.

Consider it done.

2. And I also have another talent Sneak Attack: When you attack from within a terrain that provides some form of concealment (not thrones or gates) you may attack with a dagger, knife, or bow with a 10% greater chance of scoring a critical hit.
    Could you elaborate a bit more on what "concealment" means in this context?

I just got another idea for a talent related to this:

Venomous - Once per map, the character can use a turn to add "Hit inflicts poison." to his/her currently equipped weapon. If the weapon already has a poison effect, the poison now does 3-7 damage per turn. Effect lasts 3 turns before it is returned to normal.
    Sounds good. This would be Tier 2, I think? Maybe a bit weak for T2, I dunno. What did you have in mind?
    Handbooks Index
    My Homebrew Compendium

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

Pretty much any tile that would offer extra Avoid for standing on it. Maybe an extra 10% crit for every point of Avoid you'd be granted?

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    Pretty much any tile that would offer extra Avoid for standing on it. Maybe an extra 10% crit for every point of Avoid you'd be granted?
    You might want to be careful how you define "point" sir. A forest tile grants 20 Avoid. +10% Crit for every 10 Avoid bonus maybe.
    Sounds good. This would be Tier 2, I think? Maybe a bit weak for T2, I dunno. What did you have in mind?
    I thought it would be more of a Tier 1, but if it's going to be a Tier 2, then effect length might need to be readjusted accordingly. Maybe make it last 5 turns?
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

I thought it would be more of a Tier 1, but if it's going to be a Tier 2, then effect length might need to be readjusted accordingly. Maybe make it last 5 turns?
    Or usable twice a map? You could tactically overlap them, or spread them out.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    Concealment would mean any of the following the terrains so long as you are able to move through them Thicket, Healhedge, Forest, Rubble, River, Water, Sea, Raging Sea, Pillar, Crawlspace, or if the character is in darkness where they can see there opponent, but there opponent can't see them. Certain other terrains like being in a Structure Entrance or Hill would put you right were everyone will see you so even if they add avoid don'y think they should add to crit chance. I also think the Sneak Attack talent should work for bows and crossbows as well.
    Last edited by Dr.Orpheus; 2012-03-22 at 05:26 PM.
    "If you are after mere parlor tricks you will be sorely disappointed, for if I reach behind your ear, it will not be a nickel I pull out, BUT YOUR VERY SOUL!" The Venture Bros.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Halfling in the Playground

Kobold

The inclusion of the new daggers is pretty cool because originally they are somewhat useless. The set damage of certain daggers could also make strength less of an issue for thieves which is helpful. I also think that if you're going to make daggers that use light magic, you could also have daggers that use other magic triangles as this may make them more versatile. The new weapons are also all fantastic and they help set this game apart from traditional fire emblem.

Also, as if it bears saying, the character creation rules are superb and I have at least 5 ideas for characters and no way to use them all.

Also I think this is a question more aimed at Flabort. But for your game would it be possible to make talents based on adding resonance without sound magic. I am pretty clueless about game balance so I wouldn't know if that would be overpowered or not. Oh and when is your game beginning, as things are now I'll definitely be able to play.
    "If you are what you eat I must be pie!" - By a friend

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

I have no set date, because of all the planning still to be done.

I don't know the balance of such a talent, yet, either, I'd still direct that one to Garryl.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteTiger1221 View Post
    Also I think this is a question more aimed at Flabort. But for your game would it be possible to make talents based on adding resonance without sound magic.
    Might be better to make a series of resonant weapons by themselves, since resonance isn't any good without sound magic at present. Since we're looking at daggers lately, we could do with a Resonant Dagger, if nothing else.

Actually, I'm leaning towards no set, and just a Resonant Dagger. It's something else a rogue character could benefit from, since you need speed to do anything with them. (Two attacks from a fast sound weapon-user would deal two resonance points, right?)
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2012-03-23 at 02:09 PM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

25. - Top - End - #85

Kobold

Might be better to make a series of resonant weapons by themselves, since resonance isn't any good without sound magic at present. Since we're looking at daggers lately, we could do with a Resonant Dagger, if nothing else.

Actually, I'm leaning towards no set, and just a Resonant Dagger. It's something else a rogue character could benefit from, since you need speed to do anything with them. (Two attacks from a fast sound weapon-user would deal two resonance points, right?)
    Well my plan for Flabort's game is to have two sound mages and a tank of some kind. I was thinking of perhaps a tier two talent that either increased resonance on enemy with each non magic attack but only if the enemy already had resonance or a talent that increased resonance on an enemy every time they hit the character.

26. - Top - End - #86

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteTiger1221 View Post
    The inclusion of the new daggers is pretty cool because originally they are somewhat useless. The set damage of certain daggers could also make strength less of an issue for thieves which is helpful. I also think that if you're going to make daggers that use light magic, you could also have daggers that use other magic triangles as this may make them more versatile. The new weapons are also all fantastic and they help set this game apart from traditional fire emblem.

Also, as if it bears saying, the character creation rules are superb and I have at least 5 ideas for characters and no way to use them all.

Also I think this is a question more aimed at Flabort. But for your game would it be possible to make talents based on adding resonance without sound magic. I am pretty clueless about game balance so I wouldn't know if that would be overpowered or not. Oh and when is your game beginning, as things are now I'll definitely be able to play.
    I'm very glad that you're enjoying it.

How does a T2 talent that gives your attacker 1 resonance every time you're hit feel?

I was planning on sound for whips, actually. Specifically, for a set of enchanted weapons (similar to the video games' magic weapons, except using Str against Res). Said weapons would carry over the common properties of the magic they emulate, and use their weapon triangle to boot.

Sword => Wind
    Axe => Thunder
    Lance => Fire
    Bow => Light
    Dagger => Dark (probably with Nosferatu's life drain effect, too, since Geno's doing it already)
    Whip => Sound
    Unarmed => Earth, or maybe Water

If it works out without being overpowering (that is, the using Str but attack Res bit), I might toss in some "kinetic" tomes (ie: using Mag but attacking Def).

Also on my wish list is a Str-based healing/support option (first aid/triage), and another physical weapon (just to round things out).

Edit: For said physical weapon, how about slings?
    Last edited by Garryl; 2012-03-23 at 07:30 PM.
    Handbooks Index
    My Homebrew Compendium

27. - Top - End - #87

Kobold

I'm very glad that you're enjoying it.

How does a T2 talent that gives your attacker 1 resonance every time you're hit feel?
    That is actually exactly what I was aiming for thanks.

28. - Top - End - #88

I had an idea it may not be all that important and is not in any FE games, but how would all of you feel about improvised weapons? I know a prepared combatant has a backup weapon, but sometimes you leave weapons at the gate when entering a castle. I was thinking that the GM would make up reasonable a weight and durability for an item you grab. The might would be half the objects weight. The hit would 10 with unwieldy objects (chair, sack of potatoes, crate, etc.), 20 with a non-military tool (shovel, pointed stick, severed horn, etc.), 30 with a weapon built for combat, but you are not proficient with it. I assume improvised weapons will not have ranks and probably wont crit.

I think this will offer up new adventure ideas like for example Your group leaves your weapons tucked away somewhere when you enter a chapel (sense it is hollowed ground). You spend the night there, but it seems the bishop is corrupt and wants you dead. You wake up and now have to run to the broom closet to grab your stashed weapons. In the meantime you must bop monks on the head with your bedpost.

29. - Top - End - #89

This has nothing to do with the rules, but I want to write these down and share them somewhere before I forget. With all the time I've spent thinking about the games I'm already running, I've also thought about games I'm not. Specifically, ideas for more games. I have no plans to run these in the foreseeable future (two games is enough, thank you). If someone else wants to run with them, go ahead.

War Games
    Spoiler
    Show

- Set in Solak during the Dawnstar Conflict some ~200 years ago. Discover what happened and all that.
    - Two teams. One primarily non-Laguz representing Dylandt at the height of its power before losing it all. The other mostly (well, 50% or more) Laguz representing Tanar. Both teams are at odds with each other, although direct conflict will be a bit uncommon. And, naturally, they team up to stop some greater evil by the end.
    - Extra layer of resource management. Your team can spend some of its resources to boost the allied NPCs of coming maps (higher level, better weapons, greater numbers, etc.). These boosted NPCs can be both for the ones assisting you, and the ones opposing the other team on their map(s).

Fire Emblem: Online
    Spoiler
    Show

- It's the game you've all been waiting for. Finally, the Real-Time Turn-Based Massively Multiplayer Online Social Tactical Role Playing Game has started beta testing, and you have an invite to the closed beta.
    - Fixed growths and modified caps based on your base stats, promotion gains, and stat growths.
    - Multiple characters (alts) with a shared experience point total that can be switched between based on the scenario (map). The individual entity you're actually playing is the user who's playing the game.
    - The RTTBMMOSTRPG's story is set in Tellius (from Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn), starting a few years after the conclusion of Radiant Dawn. Naturally, like most MMOs, there isn't just one problem that has arisen, but many of them.
    - Should be a bit more "gamey".
    - If there aren't enough people for a scenario, you may need to group with some random other players who are doing the same scenario. They may be willing or unwilling to listen to directions, or might have their own reasons for playing this scenario other than just progressing through the game (like that one guy whose trying to farm Brave Lances or whatever).
    Handbooks Index
    My Homebrew Compendium

30. - Top - End - #90

Yes I would like to run a fire emblem game in the future, but it will be a while till I am ready.