New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1631323334353637383940414243 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1285
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: UKitp 11 - Y'all should join us in the fun!

So I finally made it back to my laptop and the internet. The post-post-post-post-post-post-post-post-meetup-meetup-meetup-meetup-meetup-meetup-meetup-meetup meetup is indeed over (Incidentally, if we keeping doing extended ones (Which we totally should), we might have to rethink the prefixes. Maybe start talking about 're-meetups' or something).
    Absence of my Goddess notwithstanding, I'd say this was the best meetup yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Totally.

So, next one in the south, right?
    Penzance!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    I believe Curly suggested that, having held two main meets in the north, we might actually humour Archie for once and actually go to purgatory London.

I haven't heard any objections to this as yet...
    IIRC, that was actually a suggestion for next summer rather than for the winter meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberries View Post
    But before thinking about organising the next meet-up, I want to see pictures of the rest of this meetup that we didn't attend! How's it going, people up north?
    Amazingly! Pictures are coming.

Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    I vote that Cassie organise the next one at Leicester. it'll be a pain in the butt for me to get there, but it's fairly central and she can probably use her evil powers for at least some good as she's bound to have a few evil minions that can sort out a suitable venue for a decent price, much like Grlump did at Bradford for the Winter meet in February.
    I support this plan. Leicester sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by GrlumpTheElder View Post
    Edit:
    Here's a thought regarding dates for the winter meetup. If we coincide it with the Dutch and Trogland meetups, we could have a threeway skype at some point (timezones permitting). That would be awesome!
    Might just end up as an insane lag-fest, but we could try.

Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    Ooops.. Mixed up this past winter meet and last one which was in Sheffield and organised by our resident (but currently slightly inactive) Spanner.
    Though regarding his inactivity, I did PM him to see if he wanted to come to this one, and he said he was too busy but would definitely try to come to the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    I had an absolutely amazing time and I love all of you so, so much. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Made it back, love you all so so much.
    <3

And, moving on, Curly: What's going on in Oxford on the 17th?
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Ettin in the Playground

A few thoughts on the folks I meeted:

Thufir & Tasaroth: You were both wonderful hosts and I am deeply indebted to you. Tas, I'd be really interested in seeing the finished article once its ready. Thufir, not only do you play a highly entertaining game of Braggart, you also seem to have a ninja somewhere in your ancestry, given that you managed to sneak into Qwaz's house without a roomful of people noticing.

Cassie: Mistress of the Tentacles, you also seem to have mastered the ancient ninja art of the sneak attack hug. You are like some sort of frizzy haired whirlwind and it is always an absolute joy to see you.

Lixie: It was wondeful to see you again hun and I really enjoyed those games of Eminent Domain. I was sad that you left without giving me a chance to hug you goodbye. Please attend the next meet-up so I can correct this oversight.

Lesser Minion: Kirby says hi. <( ^ - ^ )/

Dark Corax: I'm very grateful to you for teaching Qwaz how to play Magic. Please stop teaching him as I'd actually like to win a game now please.

Etcetra: You raise black cynicism to the level of an artform, sir. I salute you. o7

Strawberries: You are every bit as sweet and wonderful in person as your user name suggests. Call me the next time you and Snow Leopard are in London. ^_^

Snow Leopard/Cream: It was really cool to meet you. You make a highly convincing werewolf - I never suspected you for a second. oO

Dragonprime: Although Thufir is the King of Braggart, you have a voice wonderfully suited to playing it as well. I really hope we'll get to see you again sometime.

Lime: That was a very stylish outfit you were wearing and I appreciate the drink you bought me. It is, however, the last time I help you out in a game of Munchkin though.

Ku: Always great fun to see you and as usual you left a glowing example in the form of Cassie the Smoking Crater.

Hamish: I didn't really speak to you much at the Bradford Meet-up and I'm glad I got more of a chance to talk this time around.

Grlump & ladyfriend: I'd like to thank you for broadening my knowledge of hobo-disposal techniques and for hosting the WW games. Your gf was very quiet - I hope we didnt scare her.

Fifty-Eyed Fred: Although your appearence was brief, that awesome cape made it all the more dramatic.

Guy: Thanks for bringing Eminent Domain along, even if we did hog it for most of the evening. The stunt you pulled in the Hobo-WW game was hilarious! XD

Qwaz: A most gracious host with very comfortable floors. Your pro-WW skills don't seem to translate quite so well into AYTT but you always make a highly entertaining case. I might take you up on your offer towards the end of August if it's still open.

Serpy: <3. That is all.

Oh, forgot one...

Hateboar: Stop. Glaring. At. Me.
    Last edited by The Succubus; 2012-07-11 at 06:38 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Snow Leopard is lovely (by the way, Qwaz has a bet going with Lime on the subject of your name, cuz he doesn't believe it).
    Actually I am very curious about this bet, I want details!

By the way, you are lovely too.
    Slender Man avatar by Strawberries. Thank you, my love.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Colossus in the Playground

Aw, thanks

Qwaz doesn't believe that an Italian would have such a stereotypically Italian name, and also the combination of your and Strawberries' names (which none of us noticed til Qwaz pointed it out) blows his mind.

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Dwarf in the Playground

It all seems so quiet.

To all those of you I'd met before, it was great to see you all again.
    To anyone I hadn't met before, it was nice to meet you, and I hope to see you again.
    To those people who couldn't make it, we missed you, hope you can make it next time.

It's times like this I feel I should say something, but I don't know what to say. I had a lot of fun, and I hope everyone else did as well.
    Last edited by Tasroth; 2012-07-11 at 06:55 AM.
    What do you mean "Dungeon Master" isn't a proper job?

Thanks to Thufir for the avatar.

D&D Characters Past and Present:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Honest Man (3.5 LG human fighter), Princess Kailee (4e Good elf cleric), Elric (4e Good human paladin)
    Talia Dakashnit (3.5 CE human fighter), Gabriel Stryfe (d20 Modern fast hero), Tacin Willow (3.5 NG human fighter//bard)

GitP Blood Bowl Legacy League - Season 3 recruiting

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Ettin in the Playground

and also the combination of your and Strawberries' names (which none of us noticed til Qwaz pointed it out) blows his mind.
    You know... I had never really thought about that until you pointed it out...
    I went " Wait, what combination..." and then I got it and started giggling like an idiot.

But yes, Qwaz... those are really our names. Sorry to disappoint (or to not disappoint, as the case may be. )

Quote Originally Posted by Tasroth View Post
    It's times like this I feel I should say something, but I don't know what to say. I had a lot of fun, and I hope everyone else did as well.
    Same here. Hugs to all of you!

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

7. - Top - End - #1207

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    And, moving on, Curly: What's going on in Oxford on the 17th?
    Ehm.

Well, remember that interview I had?
    It paid off in a trial week, full pay and tips.
    Starting Friday 13th, and finishing Thursday the 19th.

So yeah, the universe apparently thinks that Curly and Dragonprime meeting would, I don't know, cause the universe to implode from awesome or something.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

8. - Top - End - #1208

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Ehm.

Well, remember that interview I had?
    It paid off in a trial week, full pay and tips.
    Starting Friday 13th, and finishing Thursday the 19th.

So yeah, the universe apparently thinks that Curly and Dragonprime meeting would, I don't know, cause the universe to implode from awesome or something.

Though, the universe may have a point.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Ettin in the Playground

Grats on the new job, m'dear. =)

I don't think I'll be able to get the 17th off anyway but if you have another day in mind later in the month....

10. - Top - End - #1210

You know... I had never really thought about that until you pointed it out...
    I went " Wait, what combination..." and then I got it and started giggling like an idiot.
    This is an acceptable outcome
    But yes, Qwaz... those are really our names. Sorry to disappoint (or to not disappoint, as the case may be. )
    Now he has to work out how to get 5 pounds to Lime when he's about to leave the country.

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Titan in the Playground

Cassie: Mistress of the Tentacles, you also seem to have mastered the ancient ninja art of the sneak attack hug. You are like some sort of frizzy haired whirlwind and it is always an absolute joy to see you.
    This is the best description. xD

Lixie: It was wondeful to see you again hun and I really enjoyed those games of Eminent Domain. I was sad that you left without giving me a chance to hug you goodbye. Please attend the next meet-up so I can correct this oversight.
    Aww. You shoulda asked. I'm short on hugs. And thank Guy, it's his game and he showed me it. xD
    However, it's mildly annoying that I put all my board games in the attic from unuse about a month ago and am now trawling Ebay for copies of other ones... I WILL find Dungeonquest.

Dark Corax: I'm very grateful to you for teaching Qwaz how to play Magic. Please stop teaching him as I'd actually like to win a game now please.
    Next time I will bring mine and kill you all.

Ku: Always great fun to see you and as usual you left a glowing example in the form of Cassie the Smoking Crater.
    And when he says glowing, he means it.

Qwaz: A most gracious host with very comfortable floors. Your pro-WW skills don't seem to translate quite so well into AYTT but you always make a highly entertaining case. I might take you up on your offer towards the end of August if it's still open.
    Qwaz was my favourite person I'd never heard of. xD All the other awesome people I knew already!

Serpy: <3. That is all.
    Can I get a hell yeah? [/sudden stereotypical accent]
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

12. - Top - End - #1212

Though, the universe may have a point.
    Perhaps. We can certainly quotestorm the average RB page into being about twice the length it normally is.

Grats on the new job, m'dear. =)

I don't think I'll be able to get the 17th off anyway but if you have another day in mind later in the month....
    If nothing else it's one week of pay. Don't know if I'll get the job, see a little bird (read: Uncle) told me there was a mildly large case of mild food poisoning amongst the wait staff at the hotel (someone had a barbeque birthday party), so they may just be hiring to cover the ill staff until they come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Qwaz was my favourite person I'd never heard of. xD All the other awesome people I knew already!
    I know. Qwaz should post more often, and come to more meetups! Spread the awesome Qwaz!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Hateboar: Stop. Glaring. At. Me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Ogre in the Playground

and good times were had by all

Thanks to Thufir and Tasroth for putting me up and dragging me to/from various metro stations and airports and the like. Also thanks to their mum for having the patience of an angel.

Thanks to Qwaz for driving us places. Mebbe 4 people in the 4 seater next time, though?

Thanks to everyone for making this the best meetup yet! Although one sadly deficient in the Curly and others department.

Now, pics plz

15. - Top - End - #1215

Quote Originally Posted by Etcetera View Post
    Thanks to everyone for making this the best meetup yet!
    Certainly I think this was the best attended meetup I've been to. Counting one of my friends who signed up just after the meetup, I make it 21 Playgrounders (22 if we count Dragonprime's later appearance, 23 if we also count Curly's Skype appearance) plus five guests.

Now, pics plz
    Ask and ye shall receive. Serp posted some of hers in the You thread: here.

And here are some of mine:

Saturday
    Spoiler
    Show
    Initial photos of gaming
    Spoiler
    Show

Random things
    Spoiler
    Show

The cape!

Loot-receiving expression.

Two waistcoats? Wear both at once!

Wear ALL the hats. And the boar.

Hate-boar has his own hat! (He hates it)

See, Koorly totally did make it to the meetup!

Nuclear War
    Spoiler
    Show

A few more random ones
    Spoiler
    Show

Girls on the internet?! *Legasp*

Limbering up...

HUG!

All of the hatred.

Caped on metro, having head scritched.

Back at Qwaz's, playing Super Smash Bros.

Sunday
    Spoiler
    Show
    Werewolf
    Spoiler
    Show

Guy as the Naked Old Hobo (Seer), who was unfortunately killed in the night.

Beach!
    Spoiler
    Show

Best sandcastle.

Ice cream!

Back at the house
    Spoiler
    Show

As Serp put it: Swag.

Put all of the people on the sofa.

Dinner
    Spoiler
    Show

Scampi comes in a little miniature shopping trolley.

N'awww Cassie expresses love through scampi. Perhaps the object of this love should be concerned.

And finally...
    Spoiler
    Show

Told you. Cassie's hentai is known across the land.

Monday & Tuesday
    Spoiler
    Show

Hate-boar is going to tell us tales of Impli, the vertically challenged adventurer.

Look! It's a Dragonprime!

More Smash Bros.

Watching Blackadder.

Falling asleep watching Blackadder.

Can't trust those cats, I'm telling you...

And so it ends.

There are more in the full album on my facebook, but I think I've shown all the most pertinent points here.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Ettin in the Playground

Fantastic photos Thufir! The Sunday ones with your "swag" and Guy the Naked Hobo Seer are my favourites.

Might have to see about visiting Newcastle again at the end of August.....

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sunday
    Spoiler
    Show
    Photos
    I swear, I'm not normally that photogenic
    Add me on Steam!

Amazing albatross avatar by the lovely and very talented Ceika

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Guy as the Naked Old Hobo (Seer), who was unfortunately killed in the night.
    I'm not normally that photogenic, I swear!
    Mannerism RPG An RPG in which your descriptions resolve your actions and sculpts your growth.

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Guy View Post
    To me you'll always be hobo in a duvet.

20. - Top - End - #1220

To me you'll always be hobo in a duvet.
    This. Just... absolutely this.
    Add me on Steam!

Amazing albatross avatar by the lovely and very talented Ceika

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dvil View Post
    I swear, I'm not normally that photogenic
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Guy View Post
    I think there must be some strange meetup-specific circumstance bonus to being photogenic...
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Ettin in the Playground

Given how I turned out in most of those photos, I'd have to say that's probably not the case. >.>

@V: pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.
    Last edited by The Succubus; 2012-07-13 at 05:56 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1223

BlackDragon

Given how I turned out in most of those photos, I'd have to say that's probably not the case. >.>
    Yeah--you can barely see the horns and the wings in any of them!

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Ettin in the Playground

Just out of curiosity, if I were to run a PbP version of Braggart, how many folks would be interested?

25. - Top - End - #1225

Me for one...
    It is what it is unless it is what it isn't. Or isn't what it is. But if it isn't what it isn't then it is what it is.

Dungeon! game currently being run. If this tickles your fancy, and you'd like to be notified when the next round of signups opens, come and say hi in the OOC Thread!

26. - Top - End - #1226

Just out of curiosity, if I were to run a PbP version of Braggart, how many folks would be interested?
    *Raises hand*
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Bugbear in the Playground

Aye, I would be interested
    Grlump the Elder, a Lvl. 5 Gnome Barbarian with a penchant for food.

Want an Avatar? ¦ I'm Building a Dalek ¦ Arthur B. Fittlewick: Dinosaur Hunter
    Grlump is way cool. That's too few words for how cool I think he is...

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GrlumpTheElder View Post
    Aye, I would be interested
    Your posts are so strange now I've met you.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd be so interested, my interest would be known across the land.

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Ettin in the Playground

Like tentacle hentai.

EDIT: I'll try and reserve a spot for Cassie as well. Wouldn't be the same otherwise. I'm picking up a copy of the game tomorrow (with luck) - I'll basically deal out the cards as if people were here and then PM people their various hands. In the interests of fairness I won't participate as a player but more along the lines of a GM.

Naturally, being text based, it gives people the chance to flesh out their stories which should prove.....interesting.
    Last edited by The Succubus; 2012-07-13 at 06:30 PM.