New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] AMEN XLIII: REVOLUTION!

Ilpholin's Office - Nephrim

Well searching for useful objects, be they magic or technology, is definitely on the list of things to do.

"Now you told me that your boss wished to speak to me. Do you want to take care of that now?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Orc in the Playground

Ilpholin's Office

"Oh, yes. Can you fly, or shall I call for a biplane with a passenger seat?" Nephrim could probably pick Ilpholin up and fly with her, but biplanes are cooler.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ogre in the Playground

"Doesn't do long distance, does he? No, I can't fly." Ilpholin shakes her head. Planes. She's never been in a plane before. She rode a dragon once though.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Orc in the Playground

Ilpholin's Office

"Pazuzu cannot leave the Abyss for too long else somebody shall try to seize His layer for themselves. Please excuse me, I won't be long." Nephrim takes a piece of chalk and shall leave to find a large flat wall near a flat expanse of land. She'll draw a very large pentagon on the wall, chanting as she does so. When it is complete, the temporary portal opens and a biplane flies through it, landing on the ground. The pilot is a very attractive young lady, or more accurately an ancient succubus in disguise. Nephrim flies through the portal as it lands.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

"Of course. I'll wait for you." Ilpholin says.

As she does so, she reviews what information she's gathered so far about different AMENites.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

6. - Top - End - #426
    Orc in the Playground

Ilpholin's Office

Scratch Nephrim flying through the portal. After the biplane lands, she instead heads back into Ilpholin's office. "There's a biplane waiting for you now, Ilpholin." If Ilpholin states to the group a title which she prefers, Nephrim will use that instead.

The biplane's engine is rather noisy; it's possible that other people hear it and are tempted to investigate.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholin's Office -> Biplane

"Already? Yeesh." Ilpholin stands and goes to follow Nephrim to the biplane.

"Well you never said it came with a most luscious presen-I mean pilot."
    Ilpholin winks at the pilot.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

8. - Top - End - #428
    Orc in the Playground

Ilpholin's Office --> Biplane

The pilot smiles and winks back. "The pilot's a succubus. That's not her natural form, just one that fits into the cockpit of an aeroplane." Nephrim jumps up, and flies through the portal. The pilot will help Ilpholin embark, then starts up the engine, turns the biplane around and towards the portal, taking off and flying through it.

Other Side of the Portal: Skylit Void, Realm of Pazuzu, Layer 845 of the Abyss

Nephrim flies over and grabs onto the biplane's top wing as it flies past- she has the endurance to fly for ages, but motorised flight is faster. And is capable of mounting larger guns, if the two machine guns on the biplane's wings are any indication. The portal behind them appears to have a chalk outline written onto the air.

There is nothing to land on within sight in any direction, and this will stay the case for at least half an hour. Eventually, a large, half-spherical chunk of rock with a runway on the flat top of it and a medieval castle sprouting out of the rounded bottom appears. The succubus will land gently on the runway before driving the biplane to a hanger built into the rock.

"Welcome to Fort Procellariiformes, home to Pazuzu, Demon God of the Sky and Everything Within It. His throne room is in the castle, follow me." Nephrim walks away from the runway, over the horizon of the flat side of the flying island. If Ilpholin follows, she'll find that gravity is towards the centre of the rock-chunk, and that the castle was likely intended to be the top, pre-dating the airport.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Out of Sight Room]

Ilpholin just finished bringing Rot up to speed by going over the details that need to be gone over!
    *points at last post*

"I see. I'll probably wish to meet him at some point. Unless he's one of those who doesn't meet anyone?" Ilpholin asks Cybil.
    "Wait. You were the giant earthworm?"
    [Out of Sight Room]

"My lord Lavthos would like to meet you my lady, and yes. I was the 'giant earthworm'. I believe my kind is called 'earth vampires', we can change our shape." Cybil explains with a slight nod.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Pixie in the Playground

[Clarissa's Sunny and Foreboding Lair!]

Grah! The mighty Clarissa still slumbers, although her rest is somewhat disturbed by all of the noisy chatter going on about her. She's not too happy about that. Or maybe she is! Who knows what the dreamer sees (or perceives, as it were).

Despite the majority of her body being a drunken wreck, Clarissa's tails remain quite active, playful, and outspoken. One reaches up and attempts to wrap itself around Dave's waist. The other attempts to cradle the back of his head tenderly and lovingly.

And then they begin to tug. Tugging with the rigor of a bull and the strength of Hercules himself! Attempting to tug Dave right under the covers beside Clarissa in a split second!

Clarissa is so accustomed to cuddling Dave in her sleep by now that her tails have been conditioned to detain Dave indefinitely for this purpose.

Smart little whip-like parts, aren't they?

-------
    [Formerly Gordon's Office]

Future! Clarissa is here with a lockpick. She is clumsily endeavoring to unseal the door without causing anything more than negligible damage. Her curiosity must be satisfied. It demands knowledge that she does not have! But she can get at it.

She's pretty dang open about her operation, if I do say so myself. She isn't at all worried about consequences or other nonsense of the same vein.

She'll find out what Gordon planned for Riv's device!

She just doesn't want to break down the door. Property damage would most certainly alert and anger Ilphy which would, in turn, reflect badly on Clarissa's own blossoming relationship with Becky.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

[Out of Sight Room]

"Huh. For some reason I just thought that was bats and wolves. Well ok. Ummm... stay here for a bit and fill out the forms. I need to do something real quick to help get you situated here and such." Ilpholin says, and waits for both their replies.

Layer 845

"Awww... well, if you want to meet me later, feel free to swing by anyways." Ilpholin tells the succubus. She's a bit less concerned about sleeping with them now that she's a demon herself.

She hops out of the plane and follows Nephrim after taking a few moments to get used to the gravity. "The names around here are so descriptive." All the demons here are just soooo honest, clearly.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

12. - Top - End - #432
    Orc in the Playground

[Out of Sight Room]

He was still conversing though!

Rot goes to fill out the form while Ilphlolin and Cybil are arranging things. He frowns slightly at it before taking out a fountain pen and filling in the form with neat script.

Quote Originally Posted by Membership Form
    Name: Rot
    Sex: Male
    Species: Human Vampire
    Profession: Murderer
    Reason for joining AMEN: To give me allies against the many forces of "Good" who I regularly come in conflict with. And now it looks like you guys need my help and guidance a lot.
    Special skills/items you believe will aid/have decided to contribute to AMEN: I kill things very well. I could brainwash or turn people if necessary as well, and have all the other powers and abilities we proper vampires have. Look it up if you want a list.
    References (Victims preferred): Remnant (former Mortal Coil especially), Riverside Orphanage, Tenebras Vampires, Magtok, GLoG, LANTERN, The entire Red Zone inside
    Past Experience: Countless innocents have bled and withered under my fangs. I joined AMEN when Coplanter was leader, and have preformed many actions for the organization since then. I've attacked GLoG twice, attacked and hunted Inside too many times to count (both strategically under Gordon's direction and unofficially on my own business), I've helped Magtok with a campaign to try to take over Riverside, attacked LANTERN, and have defended the base itself multiple times.
    Other Information: I can't go out in sunlight, and all those other vampire weakness. And don't call me darling.
    When the vampire hands it over, he looks a bit annoyed.

"Whatever happened to the unintelligible contract signed in blood?"

Rot liked that.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #433

[Out of Sight Room]

"Bat's and... wolves?" Cybil asks with a raised eyebrow before she starts to fill in the membership form.

Originally Posted by Membership Form
    Name: Cybil Prismer
    Sex: Female
    Species: Human Earth Vampire
    Profession: Knight
    Reasons for joining AMEN: To gain more potential allies and learn more about this world.
    Special skills/items you believe will aid/have decided to contribute to AMEN: Being able to travel underground with passengers, to scout underground and create underground passages. Potentially tearing down buildings by weakening the ground they stand upon. Drag people underground to kidnap/kill. Shape shifting, regeneration, dark vision, turning.
    References (Victims preferred): She seems to have left this one blank for some reason.
    Past Experience: Have served underneath the shadow vampire Lavthos for over ten years and is experienced in undercover operations, direct assaults, kidnapping and spying.
    Other Information: I'm weak towards sunlight and feed on fat (no jokes please) not blood which seem to be common among vampires here. I become paralyzed if I lose my connection to the earth, AKA, I can't fly, or float, or jump etc.
    "It was signed in blood? I don't even have blood anymore." Cybil comments with a sigh.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-03-09 at 09:18 PM.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

[Out of Sight Room -> Ilph's room]

"We decided it'd be more fun if people saved their blood for you. Besides, this actually gives us info. Be right back." Ilpholin says, stuffing Rot's form into her belt and stepping out.

To go looking for Valente real quick. Need to send him away to do... something while she deals with Rot.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

15. - Top - End - #435
    Orc in the Playground

[Out of Sight Room]

"But the blood contract is traditional."

Rot is big on tradition! As Ilpholin leaves, the vampire glances at Cybil.

"Yes, bats and wolves. Proper vampires such as I can command and turn into the creatures of the night. Bats, wolves, and rats. I can even turn into a fine mist."

He's totally bragging.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

Well. Marciano sits on his chair. Damn. He spat out his cigar...useless now...Hmm...Grantaire! Bring in the cigars! Grantaire pulls a box of large cigars out and hands one to
    Marciano. Marciano takes out a lighter and begins to smoke. He covers his hat away from the cigar and takes out a magical rose that was there. He still didn't know what it did. He had robbed it off of that drow. Along with his hand and a few rather valuable knick-knacks. Plus his girlfriends gold.
    all in all it was a good profit. He also had sold those gnoll corpses for a hefty sum. He was to build the factory within a week. All he needed now was for this deal with AMEN to work. Why not join them? They sure seem to be a potent force. After all, stick by the biggest contender, and you'll never lose. He hated to lose. He sits back in his chair.

17. - Top - End - #437

Given enough time, Clarissa will be able to open the door, releasing a smell of burnt popcorn. The office stands nearly end, Gordon's desk in its place by the lava wall in the back of the office. The floor is covered in about an inch of ash, the remains of the popcorn that was put in here.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Pixie in the Playground

The smell of burnt popcorn nauseates Clarissa immensely! Oh! She cannot stomach such odoriferous scents without bodily protest! She'd better work fast, then, before it drives her up the wall and she sterilizes the room with can upon can of pine air freshner!

Clarissa boldly, perhaps foolishly, pinches her nose tight between the fine thumb and forefinger of her left hand, attempting to step right on over to Gordon's desk and leaf through any important looking files, toiling to track down and sort through any which make mention of any foreign, powerful device.

19. - Top - End - #439

As Clarissa gets to the desk, from the sides of the ceiling a pair of machine guns desend. They fire a stream of bullets, trying to hit Clarissa. Gordon didn't want people to be going through his stuff.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Pixie in the Playground

Yep! Clarissa was expecting traps! Given Gordon's peculiar fascination with machine guns, this one doesn't surprise her much, if any. What self-respecting villain wouldn't have booby-trapped his/her office? She is baffled at how the machine guns distinguish between friend and foe. Did Gordon never ever open his drawers or something?

She'll ponder and generally be confused about that stuff later. For now, there are far more urgent matters to attend to.

Clarissa ducks as she hears the machine guns move into position. In the same breath, she attempts to overturn what once was Gordon's desk in order to give herself some measure of protection against the metal pellets which may soon be pelting her forcefully.

Of course, I don't control or really know what the desk was forged out of, so I cannot determine how much damage the desk may absorb if toppled. I leave that entirely up to you, Phantom.

Clarissa is wrapped up in shielding her head and neck from the steady river of blows, but her tails have minds of their own. Each of the nine tails will attempt to dart out in a different direction, attempting to collect an item suitable for throwing to hurl back at the machine guns if they keep on firing.

21. - Top - End - #441

The desk has been built into the floor, so moving it around isn't going to be that easy. However, it could be forcely moved, but that's going to lose some of the files and documents. A safeguards against someone brute forcing the desk open.

However, since Gordon didn't use paperweights, these nothing to throw but ash.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Troll in the Playground

[Clarissa's Sunny and Foreboding Lair!]

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    "Having fun watching Clarissa and I's precious memories?" =_=
    Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    Grah! The mighty Clarissa still slumbers, although her rest is somewhat disturbed by all of the noisy chatter going on about her. She's not too happy about that. Or maybe she is! Who knows what the dreamer sees (or perceives, as it were).

Despite the majority of her body being a drunken wreck, Clarissa's tails remain quite active, playful, and outspoken. One reaches up and attempts to wrap itself around Dave's waist. The other attempts to cradle the back of his head tenderly and lovingly.

And then they begin to tug. Tugging with the rigor of a bull and the strength of Hercules himself! Attempting to tug Dave right under the covers beside Clarissa in a split second!

Clarissa is so accustomed to cuddling Dave in her sleep by now that her tails have been conditioned to detain Dave indefinitely for this purpose.

Smart little whip-like parts, aren't they?
    "Huhwhat?" Becky gets snapped out of her daydreaming by Dave's comment, but before she can react he gets Clarissanapped!

...this makes the shadowdancer start giggling!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground

[Out of Sight Room -> Ilph's room]

"We decided it'd be more fun if people saved their blood for you. Besides, this actually gives us info. Be right back." Ilpholin says, stuffing Rot's form into her belt and stepping out.

To go looking for Valente real quick. Need to send him away to do... something while she deals with Rot.
    Ilpholin will find Valente... wherever. It's not important. What is important is that he hasn't seen Rot yet. That's good. "Hey Ilpholin. Do you need anything?" He still seems a bit distracted, but not quite as broody as he's been the last little bit.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

[Valente]

"Yes. Actually... I wanted to thank you for being by my side for all of this. It really means a lot to me. I thought that maybe you should treat yourself to a night out on the town for all your work." Ilpholin says, offering him a small coin bag.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

[Valente]

"Oh... Are you sure? I really don't mind staying if you need me more." The vampire offers. He will take the bag, however.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ogre in the Playground

[Valente]

"I'm sure. I mean, I want you back home in a few hours, but in the meantime, treat yourself. If not for yourself, then for me." Ilpholin says, throwing her arms around him to give him a kiss.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #447

Ilpholin's Office - Zefir

"I see. And what are those orders?" Ilpholin asks, since Zefir brought them up.

"To kill any mage/magical beast which abuse his powers. The definition here is left by me. Since AMEN is the only organisation who has noo problem with killing people I think I fit in."

It's a bit hard to declare, but with abuse it isn't mean using magic to conqour the world.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ogre in the Playground

[Valente]

Valente kisses her back passionately. Well then. "Yeah sure. I'll be back in a little while then." And with that, he'll more than likely be on his way out.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ogre in the Playground

"So you're a mage hunter. What world did you come from and who gave you the orders to hunt for things here?" Ilpholin asks. Seems like something worth knowing.

[Valente - Entrance]

Ilpholin returns here, escorting Valente out seeing him off. Sure, it'll slow down her return to Rot, but that just gives Valente time to get way out of sight.

Especially as she goes to deal with Marciano.
    "Sorry for the wait. Now. What brings you to AMEN?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #450

[Out of Sight Room]

"'Proper' vampires such as you don't even exist where I'm from so I wouldn't know." Cybil replies in a neutral voice. "Perhaps you should have turned into a mist against those vampires that captured you?" She then suggests, still in a neutral voice.