New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1631323334353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1446
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] AMEN XLIII: REVOLUTION!

Ilpholin's Office - Orrey

"And what did you two do?" Rolled with him is very vague.

Ilpholin's Office - Marciano

"We do, yes. But what would you do with this engine once it's built?" Ilpholin wants something more concrete than the possibilities are endless!

Mostly cause that was the same phrase Marciano used to describe his thief and plan to create an Inside underworld.

[Ilpholin's Office - Lily]

"Have you kept in contact with Prometheus? About the abandoned experiments and such?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Halfling in the Playground

"Sold a few things. In Riverside, actually," says Orrey, raising one red brow. "Shouldn't you ask him? Isn't that the point of references?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-05-27 at 01:57 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Ogre in the Playground

"First of all, you didn't list him or anyone at all as a reference, so whether I talk to him period is up in the air." Ilpholin says, waving the form Orrey filled out.

"Secondly, it never hurts to see if stories actually match up. About how long ago was this?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #1204

"Whatsit matter if I write it them down? I can just tell you," Mostly, his player didn't want to write down a series of random NPC names that'll probably never come up again. "It was about four months ago."

The timing is also subject to error, considering I don't remember myself. Despite the fact that Orrey's character sheet was written a while ago, he hasn't been played very much. For all intents and purposes, provided Zefir doesn't lie, their stories should match.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-05-27 at 03:05 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Ogre in the Playground

Shayan's Labs

"I think that'd be wonderful if she could."
    He tells her with a grin before walking under her and looking up with his hands on his hips. "Now, one remaining question..." He starts, eyes twinkling. "Should we talk to her now, or let that wait till...oh, let's say noon tomorrow?"

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Barbarian in the Playground

Shayan's Lab

Shayan's smile falters momentarily as she considers the implications of his offer. This would have to be handled with some care.

"I hope you don't find me misleading, but I feel I should warn you upfront that what you saw in the CT-Scan results effects my entire lower body, from the waist down. If you were expecting something more of me than I can provide, I'd like to clear any confusion you might have. I value your company and your charm, but it can't go much farther than that." Of course there are other ways to go about intimacy, but the symbiotic woman had not explored them in quite some time.

"Of course, if you still wish to spend the evening with me, I'd very much like that. Bothering Ilpholin can wait until she's a bit less busy, I think." She's always going to be somewhat busy, but maybe if they catch her early tomorrow she'll be a tiny bit less so. Shayan had a feeling that this would end up being quite a long conversation.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Ogre in the Playground

Shayan's Labs

Cin can't help but give her a sly smile in reply. "I realized that since before the scan." He admits before reaching up and offering her his hand. "I am willing to spend whatever amount of time you wish, doing whatever you want. All you have to do is ask." The Professor tells her.

8. - Top - End - #1208

Shayan's Lab

Her smile comes back in full force, eyes shining brightly above her bared teeth as she steadily lowers herself to the floor.

"Well then, I am blessed that my mouth is still fully functional. As for what I want, I can't think of anything better than to spend time in your presence, so until my brain re-engages, I suppose that will have to do." Shayan reaches out with both her arms, attempting to lightly grasp Cin's shoulders and pull him in for a light, gentle kiss.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Ogre in the Playground

Shayan's Lab

The professor kisses back gently, simply enjoying the moment. It'd been decades since he'd been able to do this with someone, so it was something he was going to savor for as long as he could. Afterward, he sets his palm on her cheek, smiling at her. "Now that is something I could do all night if you wished."

10. - Top - End - #1210

Shayan's Lab

She drops another light kiss on his lips almost before he's done his sentence before drawing back, "Well, it seems our contact has sparked my memory a bit, so we may have to split time between this pleasurable activity and something else. I'm wondering if you have any current projects I might be able to lend insight on? It seems only fair I help you after all you've done for me." For a moment the cold gleam of scientific interest flickers in her eyes, buried deep under layers of contented happiness.

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Ogre in the Playground

Shayan's Lab

Cin enjoys the first kiss as much as the second, and after she speaks, he smiles once more. "You could help me with my latest project." He admits before reaching into his pocket for that tissue sample from the new Force user. "If we could examine this in great detail, it'd mean a lot to me."

12. - Top - End - #1212

Shayan's Lab

The vined woman nods briefly, disentangling her arms from Cin's midriff and moving back to her desk.

"That sounds like fun. I have a rather ancient but functional microscope here, if you think it will suffice. I just hope my new knowledge will help shed some light on things."

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post

"Have you kept in contact with Prometheus? About the abandoned experiments and such?"

"No, not at this point. Prometheus hasn't tried to contact me, so I've seen no reason to contact him when I could be working on other things."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Ogre in the Playground

Shayan's Lab

"Why don't you take first crack at it?"
    Cin asks after a moment's thought, offering the sample to her. "Tell me what you think." She might figure out that his offer means he's fully willing to work with her now. For better or worse, he's agreeing to share every finding he makes with her in the sake of research.

15. - Top - End - #1215

Shayan's Lab

Shayan takes the sample delicately and slips it into the clamps after taking a moment to dust and clean the lenses and replace the bulb that will illuminate the sample.

Taking a deep breath and shutting one eye, she ducks down to take her first look at the sample, ready to mentally compare it to her base knowledge of biochemistry and the massive quantities of knowledge that was "gifted" to her by the shade earlier.

Maybe she'll find something she can identify, or at least something that is obviously outside the bounds of her own knowledge that she can isolate for later study.

Once she's properly adjusted to the microscope, she's taken aback by what she see's, and dims the bulb accordingly.

"I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking at, but it appears to be almost entirely taken over by some form of phosphorescent white blood cell which has layered itself over, under, and through absolutely everything else. I'm surprised the sample isn't glowing under its own power honestly." She straightens and gestures to the microscope, offering Cin a chance to take a look at his discovery.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-05-27 at 09:53 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post

"Whatsit matter if I write it them down? I can just tell you," Mostly, his player didn't want to write down a series of random NPC names that'll probably never come up again. "It was about four months ago."

The timing is also subject to error, considering I don't remember myself. Despite the fact that Orrey's character sheet was written a while ago, he hasn't been played very much. For all intents and purposes, provided Zefir doesn't lie, their stories should match.

Many people just wrote some descriptions or groups.

"Your argument applies to everything on this piece of paper, yet I see you still wrote stuff down." Ilpholin counters. "And it matters because you come in here with rather dubious 'proof' of your usefulness to this organization. Your stated goal for doing so is to boss minions around. You can't point me in the direction of a single one of your victims, if your information is to be believed."

"So Mr. Lauhter I'm trying to decide if you being a member here provides enough value to outweigh the potential risks and headaches. Thus far, I'm leaning towards no. Maybe just send a few people your way as a private contractor sort of deal."

"But I haven't decided yet. Now you can continue second guessing every step of this interview and make my choice very clear. Or you can sober up, act serious, and maybe earn a spot here."

"Do you understand?"

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post

"No, not at this point. Prometheus hasn't tried to contact me, so I've seen no reason to contact him when I could be working on other things."

"Hmm... you'll need to fill one of these out." Ilpholin says, passing Lily a membership form.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Ogre in the Playground

Shayan's Labs

"That's what I had hoped for."
    Cin remarks before taking a look himself. After a few moments, he gets an evil looking smile and gives a chuckle. "See, the subject claimed that this gave her the ability to use what she explained as "The Force". My theory is that somehow, it gave her the ability to manipulate so-called "Strings". You know, from String Theory." He explains with a grin. "And now I should be able to mimic that ability."

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Ogre in the Playground

"Alright, just a moment then."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Lily Talrea
    Sex: Female
    Species: Mostly human, demon-blooded
    Profession: Archmage
    Reason for joining AMEN: A good place to work and the ability to learn new things while helping accomplish projects with my colleagues.
    Special skills/items you believe will aid/have decided to contribute to AMEN: exceptional skill in all but one classification of magic, and specialization in planar geography and stream effects.
    References (Victims preferred): None available to be given - they are all on a different world or dead.
    Past Experience: Helping Prometheus with his project, a certain sort of power suit. Things done outside AMEN at request.
    Other Information:

19. - Top - End - #1219

Shayan's Labs

Shayan considers it, "A fortunate ability to have, I'm sure, if I knew exactly what it could do. Just how do you mimic these traits just by observing them, if you don't mind sharing trade secrets?" She didn't want to pry into his apparent talents, but it seemed beyond possible to her at the moment even with her esoteric knowledge. At least genetically. If it was accomplished through magic, all sense and logic flew out the window.

20. - Top - End - #1220

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post

Many people just wrote some descriptions or groups.

"Your argument applies to everything on this piece of paper, yet I see you still wrote stuff down." Ilpholin counters. "And it matters because you come in here with rather dubious 'proof' of your usefulness to this organization. Your stated goal for doing so is to boss minions around. You can't point me in the direction of a single one of your victims, if your information is to be believed."

"So Mr. Lauhter I'm trying to decide if you being a member here provides enough value to outweigh the potential risks and headaches. Thus far, I'm leaning towards no. Maybe just send a few people your way as a private contractor sort of deal."

"But I haven't decided yet. Now you can continue second guessing every step of this interview and make my choice very clear. Or you can sober up, act serious, and maybe earn a spot here."

"Do you understand?"
    Orrey feels like arguing with Ilpholin, but he hasn't survived this long without picking his battles. Not that this would ever turn into some sort of fight - it's only logical that he shut his stupid trap. The thug takes a deep breath, looks Ilpholin squarely in the eye, and says, "Yes, I understand." He would add a ma'am, but that's just pushing it.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Ogre in the Playground

Shayan's Labs

"I honestly don't know how I do it."
    Cin admits after a moment, sounding perplexed and even partly worried. "What I do know is that it extends to only natural-sourced abilities from humanoid creatures, and I can accomplish it through..." He pauses, as if trying to find the right words. "I suppose you'd call it self-hypnosis? Mind over matter and what-not." He says with a dismissive gesture.

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Ogre in the Playground

"Good." Ilpholin says. And now that that's out of the way, she continues.

"If you were to end up here, what sort of accommodations and equipment would you need?" AMEN has quite a bit of lab space.

Ilpholin takes the form and looks it over. "So, you're part demon, huh? Know what kind?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #1223

"Not much, equipment-wise. I have most of my own. Maybe ingredients for the substance you want. If you have some extra space... a lab, a garage, anything like that," Orrey explains, crossing his meaty arms and trying to stay polite.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-05-28 at 12:36 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Ogre in the Playground

"Not off hand, no. I could use divinations to look it up, but frankly it's never been a large concern for me."

25. - Top - End - #1225

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Shayan's Labs

"I honestly don't know how I do it."
    Cin admits after a moment, sounding perplexed and even partly worried. "What I do know is that it extends to only natural-sourced abilities from humanoid creatures, and I can accomplish it through..." He pauses, as if trying to find the right words. "I suppose you'd call it self-hypnosis? Mind over matter and what-not." He says with a dismissive gesture.
    Shayan's Labs

Shayan gives him a small, secretive smile as her eyes drift off momentarily, "I'm surprised at you, having such an ability and not dissecting it as thoroughly as you would one of your test subjects. This simply will not do. I propose we make our next big project the complete deconstruction of this ability, so that we can isolate it and possibly progress it further. Of course, studying smaller projects on the side should still take place, so that we can learn how your body reacts when you enter this state of self-hypnosis."

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Ogre in the Playground

Shayan's Labs

"As long as you don't try to open me up, I don't mind you studying the procedure." Cin admits as he begins to undo his tie and shirt. "I can't do it clothed though. It messes with the sensory input." He admits. "Though, I imagine if you applied a local to...hmm...let's say my arm, and cut it open to examine the changes, I believe that would work." He proposes.

27. - Top - End - #1227

Shayan's Lab

Her smile turns somewhat frisky as she retrieves a syringe and a bottle of novocaine from her cabinet, quickly extracting an ounce or so to start with. If she's right, she'll need at least this much to numb the area for any length of time while overcoming his regeneration.

"I can't promise you I'll treat the sight of you unclothed with the professionalism it deserves, but I suppose if my focus is on your arm we can keep things somewhat friendly." She jokes lightly as he undoes his shirt, tapping the air bubbles out of the syringe before attempting to grab his forearm and locate a vein by running her fingers from the inside of his wrist to his elbow.

"Tell me when you're ready, and I'll begin." He may notice that one of her vines is hanging within her grasp, and that it is coiled around various surgical implements arranged in the order she'll need them, from a scalpel to several surgical sponges to a set of clamps that she's hoping will hold his arm open once she makes the incision.

"I'm afraid this will only be a naked-eye test, as I don't have anything for observing the effect on a more detailed level beyond the microscope. Just one more thing to add to the list I suppose."

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Ogre in the Playground

Shayan's Labs

Cin finishes undressing and folds his clothes neatly before setting them on the desk. "I don't mind." He says without a smile as he mentally begins preparing himself. He pulls out his mPod and goes to lay on the table before turning on some Shakira. He gives Shayan a nod as she grabs his arm and he closes his eyes, concentrating on the music and letting his mind drift away, delving deeper into himself. In his mind, he begins to imagine his cellular structure and starts adding the new organism to it.

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholin's Office-Ravings of a Pyscho

Marciano smiles again. He sits down on the nearest chair and takes a sip at a vial he pulls from his pocket. Hehe.....Thin k abou' i'. Th' power t' control huge amoun's 'o' electricity. We coul' make great machines....powerful ones. From siege engines to supercomputers stronga then anythin' ever seen on thi' planet. We're talkin' technology no human or animal 'as eva seen. With tha' power we coul' easily turn other technology to our side, we coul' hack even the mightiest of machines! My spirit engine will be able t' do all tha'. I just need a team to 'elp build i'. I go' i' all in th' palm 'o' me 'and. I jus' need you an' yer scientists.

30. - Top - End - #1230

Shayan's Lab

Shayan gently slips the needle into his arm, pushing on the plunger until the entirety of the drug is in his system. She waits for the freezing to take effect, timing it with minor twitches of her index fingers every second until she suspects it is at its peak dose.

Then she grabs the scalpel from her awaiting vine, lowering it to his skin and running it along the inside of his forearm, cutting deeply. Hopefully he doesn't mind the lost blood, as she's not too discriminate about nicking a vein here and there.

Taking a set of separators, she quickly attempts to widen the incision before it knits itself shut, and then takes the clamps in her other hand, working with a vine to pin back the edges of the wound.

Assuming his regeneration doesn't overcome the surgical equipment, she'll begin her observations. If it does, she'll have to resort to the far more barbaric practice of reopening the wound whenever it becomes too closed to properly examine.