New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: League of Legends XXX: Must be Summoner Level 18 to View

Just fyi, I wanted to point out something about my team's actions during our game against Maybe.

When we took Red/Blue, etc, we took all the minions. Yes, this was on purpose. No this isn't a mistake. What do I mean? Well doing so gives you a timer on the buff (5 minutes on Buff Camps). Time the buff, and then go and take it again.

Here is the thing: someone is gonna get that buff. And if the enemy isn't contesting the buffs, well, free buffs. But the thing is, you wanna be there WHEN IT POPS so that you can take it before the enemy does. This is a BIG reason why M5 beat TSM: they forced early fights in the jungle over those buffs. TSM has, since then, been mimicking this strat, to varying degrees of success.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Barbarian in the Playground

How often and when are these tournaments held?

I'd really like to join in once I actually have my computer up and running on Windows again (had some Hardware problems that hopefully should be fixed sometime next week.)
    Fantastic avatar by Akrim.elf.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Snowman View Post
    How often and when are these tournaments held?

I'd really like to join in once I actually have my computer up and running on Windows again (had some Hardware problems that hopefully should be fixed sometime next week.)
    This was the first time. Or is. We're playing more games today, hopefully. We only got 2 of the scheduled 6 matches done yesterday.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Bugbear in the Playground

Okay, Nautilus is sounding awesome. Potentially 'ridiculous' levels of initiation, an ability that both boosts defense and damage, mini-tidehunter, and stun on hit passive?

EDIT: Omg those Shen changes sound incredible and TAKE THAT, SORAKA!!!
    Last edited by Daverin; 2012-02-12 at 03:53 AM.
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ettin in the Playground

Poor Soraka. I'd like her to actually be fun to play.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

I'd volunteer for being a sub, as I'd like to play, but having two 'I don't know when exactly this is going to happen, but it'll take up a few hours of time' things on one day is...probably a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurus View Post
    Poor Soraka. I'd like her to actually be fun to play.
    Unless they removed it, you can always just Infuse minions when you need mana.

But, at least for now, she's quite fun. Late game you're all but immortal. I love /all ing stuff like '1v1 me', 'bring it', 'come on, I will 1v5 penta' when we're losing.

When we're winning I just say 'no' by burst healing whoever's getting close to dying. Then, whenever someone dies, I laugh and say 'no matter who dies, Soraka wins'.

Soraka is so much fun. Always.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PersonMan View Post
    Unless they removed it, you can always just Infuse minions when you need mana.
    A while ago when they reworked her, they took out double mana on self cast, and then I think at the same time they removed it splitting the mana.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

Cassio might be quite good on Dominion Dash, I think. Miasma for AoE slow, Blast for self movespeed buff, her ult for mass stun /slow.
    Everything I say is 100% TRUTH*
    *may contain traces of lie

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.
    (I totally ship him and Curly. But shhh, it's a secret.)
    Formerly known as Aziraphale.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    A while ago when they reworked her, they took out double mana on self cast, and then I think at the same time they removed it splitting the mana.
    It still gives mana to both of you. And you can Infuse a minion. Or am I just misreading what you said?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyesmith View Post
    Cassio might be quite good on Dominion Dash, I think. Miasma for AoE slow, Blast for self movespeed buff, her ult for mass stun /slow.
    Yeah, but you would end up killing them, and that's kinda unfair
    But on more serious note, i think the best way to actually play Dominion Dash would be to wait for few min, then buy some defensive items. And take all Armor and MR runes. Otherwise you would end killing someone a lot with some champions (for example Shyvana with her second, and autoattacks).
    "Don't make me go all Darth Vader on your teddy." - BBEG of the month
    ---
    Awesome avy by Serpentine <3

10. - Top - End - #310

Quote Originally Posted by Bodez View Post
    It still gives mana to both of you. And you can Infuse a minion. Or am I just misreading what you said?
    Nope, not misreading. I lost all interest in Soraka when they reworked her, I thought that they made it so it only gives mana to the target, 'cause they removed double mana on self cast.

In which case when they do this patch I will be surprised if they don't remove it giving mana to Soraka on other people casts.

So Eld, laning, that was a fun lane, I have to admit.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

11. - Top - End - #311
    Colossus in the Playground

So Eld, laning, that was a fun lane, I have to admit.
    Aye, definitely an interactive one. That first gank timing was so perfect from you two; my ward ran out just before Shyvana came and I knew I could survive your ult if you decided to go for it so I played aggressively, but Shyvana changed that equation. And then I recall doing something really stupid once and dying as a consequence. Like I said on the stream, I don't think you really have an excuse other than "played terribly" for dying on mid as Janna; shoulda been more active replacing those Wards. But I think I did steal Wraiths more often than you

I was a bit surprised you were able to keep up with me on last hitting given how many times you based; I only started pulling ahead when we were all over the map. I suppose part of that was me missing way too many creeps far as good oldfashioned autoattacks go. I actually found I like Janna against Galio quite a bit since you can do some good harass with E and auto attacks while being relatively resilient to harm.

Was fun; well played and thanks for the game. I should probably play in in-houses on NA more too; too bad there's so few of us on EUW.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2012-02-12 at 08:28 AM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

12. - Top - End - #312

I think I made three major mistakes. Firstly was letting you take Wraiths so often, both your own and my team's. I'll admit that kinda floored me, like the time there was the Singed who just popped his ult whenever it came up. No idea what to do against that, I suppose push the lane a bit harder and take 'em first?

Secondly was waiting too long for a rank in Bulwark. I don't really take it in lane, I don't really like using it there, but it was very appropriate for dealing with your autoattacks when I got a little bit of AP.

I think third was when I ulted once (it might have been aether who I caught actually), I ulted far too early, didn't have my cooldowns back so I couldn't get the free hits off my skillshots.

I don't think basing was that big an issue, the lane was always so pushed up when I did it, woulda just got DEMACIA in my face even though Galio was the AoE to win Demacian before it was cool :(
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2012-02-12 at 08:57 AM.
    BANG → !

13. - Top - End - #313

WolfInSheepsClothing

So... I somehow managed to save up over 6300 IP. I'm thinking about getting either Corki or Twitch and either Kathus or Anivia... maybe Heimer.

14. - Top - End - #314

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Bunny View Post
    So... I somehow managed to save up over 6300 IP. I'm thinking about getting either Corki or Twitch and either Kathus or Anivia... maybe Heimer.
    Corki and Karthus I'd say.
    Corki is in my opinion the strongest and maybe third most fun AD carry, also lanes anywhere he damn well pleases. Karthus is a mega pubstompy champion and he ALSO lanes anywhere he damn well pleases (popping Karthus bot as the "carry" in carry/support is hilarious).

Also Jungle Talon is one of my favourite things to do in this game. So good.
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2012-02-12 at 09:39 AM.
    BANG → !

15. - Top - End - #315

Also Jungle Talon is one of my favourite things to do in this game. So good.
    That's an awesomely evil suggestion.

I want to try that out now.
    Fantastic avatar by Akrim.elf.

16. - Top - End - #316

If your opponents let you hit 4 with Red, they either have to obsessively ward, never leave the tower or die to ganks.
    BANG → !

17. - Top - End - #317
    Dwarf in the Playground

I am available for some kind of substitute guy person. However, I'll be confined to around 7:00-8:30 match start time since I'm GMT, and I've stuff to do after that.
    Credit to Dogmantra for the transparent background bracket!

I like typing text walls. Deal with it :P

18. - Top - End - #318
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGirl

So, do we have a time set for the match today?
    Building around our Finnish friends and zaks work schedule? Or did you find a sub/ take a note from ferris ?

19. - Top - End - #319
    Troll in the Playground

The sooner we start the happier I am. Got lectures tomorrow at 8 am AND I should start studying for a pathology exam that's next week. And I'm planning on asking a girl out tomorrow so I'd really love it if I'm not a complete zombie tomorrow.

If the tournament start goes past 24:00 GMT +2 my team will need a ringer.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground

Well I can play from now? If anyone's desperate enough. : /
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2012-02-12 at 01:00 PM.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Banned

guyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyys get on mumbleeeeeeeeeeeeeeee you're all so sloooooooooooooo

22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground

I'm on mumble by the way, so just kick me when things start happening and I'll fetch Eld too.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Bugbear in the Playground

If your opponents let you hit 4 with Red, they either have to obsessively ward, never leave the tower or die to ganks.
    You said you start Dorans for this?
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Maeglin_Dubh View Post
    You said you start Dorans for this?
    I'd start Vamp Scepter, but it's not me behind the wheel.

25. - Top - End - #325

Team Maybe

I don't think I'll be able to play on the tournament today (not sure, but better safe than sorry) so you guys should get someone to replace me. On the bright side, the dude might already have the 16 champs and not need to buy them at the last minute XD

Good luck to you all!
    Spoiler
    Show

Much lulz avatar made by Fayt, and Echowind made the, awesome, always angry William. And the awesome thelizard made the not-right-in-the-head Argile

Giantitp (Unofficial) IRC. Join now !

26. - Top - End - #326
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGirl

I can start anytime, I think the fastest way is for the streamers to just name a time ASAP.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Troll in the Playground

If You Are Interested In Being On Team Maybe Today

I will be back in approx 45 minutes to an hour. I have appropriated LoL Team 7 on Mumble for us. Keep up with updates on when matches will start, but try to be on sometime around 3PM Eastern/Noon Pacific so we can organize at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Troll in the Playground

Im attempting to get us going as fast as possible possible. However i have several teams that are short of people Also wojo dog a and sirro, your team cant get a hold of you cus steam is down so i figured i would throw this up and let you know.

All teams should endevor to be on as soon as possible, all people who want to be SUBS should get on the mumble server.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGirl

My team should post when they want me on. As im currently using my mobile device instead of my computer.
    im on
    Last edited by faith; 2012-02-12 at 03:08 PM.

30. - Top - End - #330

We're still missing Aether so not really a rush

get on aetheeeerrr

actually Ferro could you get on mumble, maybe we get a sub or something
    Last edited by efdf; 2012-02-12 at 02:50 PM.