New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXX: Must be Summoner Level 18 to View

As far as my own map awareness is concerned, it's very...unreliable. At times I feel like screaming at someone in another lane because the enemy jungler's gank was telegraphed from a mile away, other times I get ganked and go 'whoops, forgot the minimap', making my warding useless.

Also, I'm playing free week Teemo. I wanted to buy Akali. I think I'll get both.

Pro tip: If there's an 9/0 Wukong, do not towerdive and focus Teemo. I laughed so much when I just Q'd them under the turret and Wukong obliterated them.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    I made a sporcle game: Name all 92 champions.
    I got all of then but one, cus i forgot that mundo had a phd. Stupid Dr. mundo
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

If new champ = Tidehunter, then I want him, because I have only ever played one PVP game of DotA2, and it was as Tidehunter, and it was awesome.
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maeglin_Dubh View Post
    If new champ = Tidehunter, then I want him, because I have only ever played one PVP game of DotA2, and it was as Tidehunter, and it was awesome.
    If (LoL is copying a DotA/DotA2 champ)==TRUE
    Then I'd prefer (CopiedChamp)==(Darchrow, the Enigma)

I've said it a lot, but hopefully the more ways I phrase it, the more likely they are to bring in, at least, his W.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

Played a really fun game as Teemo a while back. I really should get around to buying him instead of waiting for free weeks. Ended with a negative score, but managed to destroy at least 4 turrets and an inhib.

Spoiler
    Show

Highlights include me executing myself using the enemy fountain with 3 people chasing me after demolishing top's turrets, tanking Anivia's burst (Anivia even autoattacked me a few times before Talon came to clean up) while taking one of their inhibs from 100 to 0, and my team managing to 3v5 them while I pushed everything (perfect Shyvana OP).

This game I just stacked Aspd, since I wanted to try hitting the cap, but I'm pretty sure that's not the best set-up for backdooring. The enemy team ignored me completely for some reason midgame, giving me enough time to shoot through their entire top lane with only 2 trips, but I get the feeling that's not always going to happen. So, what's supposed to be the optimal balance between AD and Aspd, if there is one?
    Youmu "Myon" Konpaku avatar by Prime32, avatar creator extraordinaire!

6. - Top - End - #36

Quote Originally Posted by EifieFlare View Post
    So, what's supposed to be the optimal balance between AD and Aspd, if there is one?
    Mathematically, keeping your AD and your ASpd*100 as close to possible gives you the highest DPS possible against towers, as they ignore crits and on-hits. Triforce isn't bad for pushing, but I can't help but think that spending that money on more AD/ASpd would give more DPS against towers.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Reina, you need to read this thread and implement it immediately because it is seriously the best idea ever and we really need it.
    Last edited by Moonshadow; 2012-02-08 at 06:37 PM.
    Witness my glory and know that when my darkness fades, if you yet live, it is because an ally does not.

AN EMPTY SPOT WITHIN MY CRAW CRAVES YOUR FLESH, YOUR BONES BLED RAW!
    YOUR FEAR! YOUR FEAR! SO SWEET! SO STRONG! TO TEASE MY TONGUE, YOUR LIVES ARE GONE!
    YOUR ODDS UNFAVORED, MY WEB TOO STRONG! SPEED WON'T NEGATE A LINE STEPPED WRONG!
    YOU DARE? DARE SMITE THIS AWESOME BEAST? YOUR FATES ARE SEALED AS MY NEXT FEAST!
    HEED THIS BECK AND HEAR THIS CALL! FIGHT ME STILL, YOUR WILLS SHALL FALL!

8. - Top - End - #38

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshadow View Post
    Reina, you need to read this thread and implement it immediately because it is seriously the best idea ever and we really need it.
    What... what did I just read?
    All I can really say is... DO IT. DO IT NOW.
    THIS. IT. DO.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    I like Fred. I shall make him an honorary Pimpsquatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    I love Fred because he returned from the dead in a form that doesn't hunger for the flesh of the living! Also, he's a nice guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MageOfCakes View Post
    You're chibi and that's awesome. n_n

9. - Top - End - #39
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sign me up for the great big list of people:

Forum Name: Arcane Snowman
    Server: North America
    Summoner Name: Arcane Snowman

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshadow View Post
    This has to be done. Yesterday.
    Fantastic avatar by Akrim.elf.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

JOE MCCARTHY RICHARD NIXON STUDEBAKER TELEVISION NORTH KOREA SOUTH KOREA MARYLIN MONROE

DYRUS STARTED THE FIRE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    It should mean that nofarm support dies a well deserved death, which is what I think needs to happen. I think it helps to emphasise that if you're going to ward it should be a team effort. And it encourages quality of warding over quantity.
    It won't end nofarm support. Nofarm support will NEVER end. Why do I say this? Because there are FOUR places to farm and FIVE heroes in the game. Ergo 1 hero doesn't get farm. The no farm support will simply stop buying wards and buy more Aura items.

Plus, I disagree that the lanes will play more passively.
    Doublelift disagrees with you.

One game, a random ranked 5s, for that matter (IE Its a game CLG is gonna win regardless but he's still "tryharding") he basically yells at Hotshot (who is trying to "prove" that his Janna playstyle is good) for not warding the side brush in his lane. He said that the second he loses vision in that bush he's gonna get zoned and miss CS.

As a person who has actually played a fair amount of AD bottom now, I have to say, I agree with doublelift. Its not even the fear of ganks: a good jungler on a good team can work around that to a certain degree. Sometimes you can have wards and still die even though you saw the gank because you were simply to far up. Its mostly about zoning in bottom, and about brush control.

Limiting wards seems a more realistic idea, though it has a lot of problems. But still, having a team only be allowed to have a total of 3 wards every three minutes would really, really, change the way the game would be played out.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    No. This is a bad idea. There will be no point for sight wards or oracles anymore.
    Not really. It would, however, be a severe nerf to those items.

12. - Top - End - #42

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    It won't end nofarm support. Nofarm support will NEVER end. Why do I say this? Because there are FOUR places to farm and FIVE heroes in the game. Ergo 1 hero doesn't get farm. The no farm support will simply stop buying wards and buy more Aura items.
    It's perfectly feasible to split farm in a lane, and was done until almost the end of Season 1. The current rationale for it not happening is that multiplicative scaling exists; every stat scales off other stats so it's best to concentrate items on one character. Also, offensive items become more gold efficient as they are combined so it's in your best interest to complete them as soon as possible. Due to this, if there is are characters that lack multiplicative scaling and these characters are also punishing to a typical support and AD carry lane it should be fine to put them duo bot.

Some examples:

Wukong scales almost completely off Attack Damage and no other stat because his ult stops him from auto attacking at all. Plus, he's absolutely dominant in a duo-lane.

Yorick. Same deal. + having 3 Wukong's is best synergy ever

Urgot

All extremely mid-game dominant and have nice utility in their ultimates.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by efdf View Post
    It's perfectly feasible to split farm in a lane, and was done until almost the end of Season 1. The current rationale for it not happening is that multiplicative scaling exists; every stat scales off other stats so it's best to concentrate items on one character.
    Also bear in mind that the typical idea that carries are poor laners and the support is there to help them lane is only as recent as the carry/support meta. When carries were regularly sent mid, you could get plenty of people to acknowledge the laning strengths of Caitlyn, Ezreal, Corki and Tristana. Nofarm support seems more reasonable when you have a carry there, since the multiplicative scaling is most pronounced on a carry (you've got your AD, ASPD, Crit, IE, Lifesteal and Armour Pen) whereas a burst mage only really has their Hat, MPen and maaaybe Deathfire grasp for damage multiplying (CDR and Spellvamp being useful, but they're diversifying, neither increasing your burst, just letting you do it more often [but not often enough for more than once a teamfight] or giving you more survivability). Some characters only even care about one or two stats 'cause they want to survive. These guys can easily get by on less farm.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

So, I'm playing with in my college's LoL tournament later this spring, and will be jungling for my team. So I've been brushing up on Nocturne, Udyr, Rammus, Amumu, Nunu, Malphite and Cho'Gath. All of that has been fine.

Now, the one champion that I own but cannot get the hang of is Lee Sin. I've tried him a plenty of times and can't seem to get him to work for me.

Anyone a resident expert on jungling the Blind Monk that can lend some advice?

15. - Top - End - #45

New champion is a demonic Captain Nemo-looking fellow with a Tidehunter anchor as a weapon.

Please tell me he won't be AP?
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

16. - Top - End - #46

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Maeglin_Dubh View Post
    New champion is a demonic Captain Nemo-looking fellow with a Tidehunter anchor as a weapon.

Please tell me he won't be AP?
    I summed up everything we know about him on the last page. He's ap.
    Brocham
    Yocham

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

I consider Lee Sin to be one of my better champions, but there are certain other posters who are better at Lee Sin than I.

Still, I don't see how anyone can find Lee Sin difficult to jungle. He's the single most versatile jungler in the game; he can start boots+3, cloth+5, vamp scepter, doran's blade, and perhaps even regrowth+1 with ease, and his skill order is equally versatile. Generally, EQWQ is a solid start, but both W and E have their own merits (though you generally only focus those in specific lane matchups that jungle Lee Sin rarely has to worry about).

Generic Wolves-Blue clears are easy and safe (but not recommended, since you don't need the blue buff) on Lee Sin, but he's more than capable of starting Wraiths-Red (often followed by a strong level 2 gank). He's an excellent duelist, he counterjungles safely and efficiently, and his ganks are better than decent.

I generally run 21/9/0 with AD/Armor/Scaling MR/AD runes.

18. - Top - End - #48

So...new champ...

Pirate: yay or nay?

Because I really want to see Pirates vs. Ninjas on Twisted Treeline.
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight

19. - Top - End - #49

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Yuki View Post
    I summed up everything we know about him on the last page. He's ap.
    If I can overcome my dislike of AP enough to play Maoki, Gragas, and Nidalee with proficiency (I have too many perfect games with Nidalee...) then I suppose I can overcome it for Demon Nemo the Jungler.

Should I force myself to try Annie (babbie's first AP, izzatrite?) to overcome my initial dislike of the role in general?

For AP types I like, see Swain, Maokai, Gragas, Karma, and very sometimes Kassadin and Katarina.
    -\==/-

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50

21. - Top - End - #51

Actually, we can turn it into a 5v5 by throwing in Robots vs. Zombies as well.

So...Robots and Pirates vs. Ninjas and Zombies? Awesome.

The only problem then is that we now have more than 5 per side, since we have Blitzcrank, Orianna, and Viktor for Robots, and Sion, Karthus, and Yorick for Zombies. And then there's Urgot, who's technically a Zombie Robot, so...
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    I consider Lee Sin to be one of my better champions, but there are certain other posters who are better at Lee Sin than I.

Still, I don't see how anyone can find Lee Sin difficult to jungle. He's the single most versatile jungler in the game; he can start boots+3, cloth+5, vamp scepter, doran's blade, and perhaps even regrowth+1 with ease, and his skill order is equally versatile. Generally, EQWQ is a solid start, but both W and E have their own merits (though you generally only focus those in specific lane matchups that jungle Lee Sin rarely has to worry about).

Generic Wolves-Blue clears are easy and safe (but not recommended, since you don't need the blue buff) on Lee Sin, but he's more than capable of starting Wraiths-Red (often followed by a strong level 2 gank). He's an excellent duelist, he counterjungles safely and efficiently, and his ganks are better than decent.

I generally run 21/9/0 with AD/Armor/Scaling MR/AD runes.
    This is generally what I do as well. Execution-wise for initial clear, there are like 2 things to remember. Spellvamp on Iron Will (second W activation) and passive (cast thwack thwack cast). Sometimes I mix in 6 arpen reds, since they give slightly better overall damage, but I'm pretty sure the difference is miniscule. Oh, also, you can lead with Safeguard into camps before you get Resonating Strike, which lets you get it off cooldown 1-2s faster, which can save a lot of health if you get the timing down.
    When possible, I go Boots+3 pots, starting E, get a pull on red and damage on wraiths, and immediately gank with Q+E. If I can't get a pull, I take W second instead, and clear (possibly passing off Blue to mid)
    After that... well, play like a jungler. Gank lanes, lead with W/E (jump to minion, slow champion) when possible to make Q easy to land, jump through walls with Q to get to camps quickly, have a ward ready for W escapes through thin walls, consider Wriggles and Merc treads.
    Last edited by Arbitrarity; 2012-02-08 at 11:59 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
    So...Robots and Pirates vs. Ninjas and Zombies? Awesome.
    Robots
    Blitzcrank
    Urgot
    Orianna
    Viktor
    Hextech Anivia
    Hextech Galio
    Rumble
    Workshop Shaco
    Blademistress Morgana

Pirates
    Gangplank
    Miss Fortune
    Fiddle Me Timbers
    Buccaneer Tristana
    Bilgerat Rumble
    Bilgewater Katarina
    Bilgewater Swain

Ninjas
    Kennen
    Akali
    Shen
    Infiltrator Irelia
    Ninja Rammus
    Talon (several skins)

Zombies/Undead
    Amumu
    Urgot
    Yorick
    Sion
    Jurassic Cho'Gath
    Zombie Ryze
    Spooky Gangplank

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

24. - Top - End - #54

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
    So...new champ...

Pirate: yay or nay?

Because I really want to see Pirates vs. Ninjas on Twisted Treeline.
    I get a bit of a Bioshock Big Daddy vibe from him. Maybe he'll have a Big Daddy skin? That'd be pretty darn sweet. It'd also give him a drill, which is worth money any day.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeminiZero View Post
    Gamer cancels life, interrupted by Dwarf Fortress.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

a.) Lol, new champ is a Big Daddy, I dunno what's this fancy shmancy tidehunter stuff you guys are yappin' about, but at least I see the truth.

b.) He doesn't strike me as a pirate.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Heh. Is it wrong that when I saw the new champ, I wasn't reminded of Bioshock right away, but of some kind of aquatic space marine? My god that would be horrifying!
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

27. - Top - End - #57

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    So, I'm playing with in my college's LoL tournament later this spring, and will be jungling for my team. So I've been brushing up on Nocturne, Udyr, Rammus, Amumu, Nunu, Malphite and Cho'Gath. All of that has been fine.

Now, the one champion that I own but cannot get the hang of is Lee Sin. I've tried him a plenty of times and can't seem to get him to work for me.

We have a tournament here, too, and I'm the jungler, as well. Weird.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    Robots
    Blitzcrank
    Urgot
    Orianna
    Viktor
    Hextech Anivia
    Hextech Galio
    Rumble
    Workshop Shaco
    Blademistress Morgana

Pirates
    Gangplank
    Miss Fortune
    Fiddle Me Timbers
    Buccaneer Tristana
    Bilgerat Rumble
    Bilgewater Katarina
    Bilgewater Swain

Ninjas
    Kennen
    Akali
    Shen
    Infiltrator Irelia
    Ninja Rammus
    Talon (several skins)

Zombies/Undead
    Amumu
    Urgot
    Yorick
    Sion
    Jurassic Cho'Gath
    Zombie Ryze
    Spooky Gangplank
    We clearly need a 5v5v5v5 map. (3v3v3v3, maybe.)

29. - Top - End - #59
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post

The big thing to know about jungle Lee Sin is that you want to keep your Flurry going all the time while killing things. That is, space your abilities between two attacks. This means you never run out of energy, too. Other than that, EQW is good for a bootsy level 2 gank route; you usually want to start E and max Q first W second.

Oh, and obviously keep an eye out for any possible jump sequences for Q & W to get you where you need to be; and if possible, don't use Q when approaching (W to a nearby ally/creep/ward if possible, or Ward > W) since then you can use it after the enemy tries to re-establish range to close in again. And always try to carry wards around for W shenanigans; Wriggle's ward alone has a cooldown so...

On a completely unrelated note, if only Annie had a proper attack speed; AD Annie would be OP!
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2012-02-09 at 02:10 AM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    On a completely unrelated note, if only Annie had a proper attack speed; AD Annie would be OP!
    AD Malz is best Malz, just sayin'.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.