New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Starcraft 2: 8 Medivac drop

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowleaf View Post
    I usually have my rax on one key, factory on another, and starport on a third. Alternatively, you can have all three on one hotkey and use tab to change between them.

A good tip is having the 'support' buildings (techlab, engineering bay, armory) in the same controlgroup, so when you hit your Barracks hotkey, you can see whether or not your engineering bay upgrades are done.
    That second option sounds amazing, you literally cut your automatic response time by a good chunk of seconds. My literal only macro problem was the fact that I couldn't keep up with 6+ hotkeys at a time.

With them on tab, it helps me get used to microing for higher level matches, and it limits my hands to the 1 half of the keyboard they are used to. XD

2. - Top - End - #272
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowleaf View Post
    I usually have my rax on one key, factory on another, and starport on a third. Alternatively, you can have all three on one hotkey and use tab to change between them.

A good tip is having the 'support' buildings (techlab, engineering bay, armory) in the same controlgroup, so when you hit your Barracks hotkey, you can see whether or not your engineering bay upgrades are done.
    It's been a while since i've played properly, how exactly does it display this?

3. - Top - End - #273
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Talesin View Post
    It's been a while since i've played properly, how exactly does it display this?
    There's a little white dot - same as with units.
    English is a second language etc etc.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I will play this season. I so swear on something unimportant so I can casually violate this without repercussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson
    Evil Intelligence is knowing the precise ritual that will allow you to destroy the peaceful kingdom that banished you.

Evil Wisdom is understanding that you probably shouldn’t perform said ritual while you’re standing in the estimated blast radius.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    I will play this season. I so swear on something unimportant so I can casually violate this without repercussion.
    *Manages to slip in Repercussions by putting fine print on the oath he swore*

My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

hey, no Raksha double dealing here! This is the Starcraft thread, not the Exalted thread.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeudo View Post
    hey, no Raksha double dealing here! This is the Starcraft thread, not the Exalted thread.
    Can't tell if your talking to me or to him.

*Confused because I don't have any idea what either of those 2 things are*

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

Exalted is one of the most epic roleplaying games ever. Instead of starting as a peasant with a pointy stick, you start as a demigod. Instead of killing goblins for some quick change, you decide the fate of nations.

And then you get some XP and get on to doing more important things, like saving the world from any or all of the six+ world ending apocalypses currently threatening the setting. That is, if you can avoid going mad and being the next world-ending apocalypse yourself.

Raksha, otherwise known as the Fair Folk, are the faeries of Exalted. They are living stories that eat souls, can't break their sworn word, and are known for twisting words around until you don't remember allowing that when you agreed to this deal in the first place.

They are considered one of the lowest powered creatures in all of Exalted, just above ghosts, unless its a meschlum-built fae, in which case it might be capable of soloing the entire setting if it felt like it.

In other news, I just played a ZvZ where I spent the whole game wondering if I was about to lose, then pulled a win out because my opponent was just plain aweful. Like, he got zergling into my base, baneling bombed a huge chunk of workers, then followed it up by not expanding until after I had my fourth base building. He then called me garbage when the massive number of spines I built to stabilize after his ling attacks killed his attacking roach army without doing any real damage to my economy. Meanwhile, I had muta ling doing a full-on base trade.

I laughed so hard when I won.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

In other news, I just played a ZvZ where I spent the whole game wondering if I was about to lose, then pulled a win out because my opponent was just plain aweful. Like, he got zergling into my base, baneling bombed a huge chunk of workers, then followed it up by not expanding until after I had my fourth base building. He then called me garbage when the massive number of spines I built to stabilize after his ling attacks killed his attacking roach army without doing any real damage to my economy. Meanwhile, I had muta ling doing a full-on base trade.

I wish I could watch. Sadly, I can't access SC2 from where I'm at.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Don't worry, I spent a point of willpower to evade it. Gave me a limit too >=|
    Raksha, otherwise known as the Fair Folk, are the faeries of Exalted. They are living stories that eat souls, can't break their sworn word, and are known for twisting words around until you don't remember allowing that when you agreed to this deal in the first place.
    I thought they ate dreams? they did in 1st ed, unless the bigger ones eat souls?

Meh, either way.

That guy had really, really bad infestor control.
    Last edited by BobVosh; 2012-04-13 at 07:50 AM.
    Evil Intelligence is knowing the precise ritual that will allow you to destroy the peaceful kingdom that banished you.

Evil Wisdom is understanding that you probably shouldn’t perform said ritual while you’re standing in the estimated blast radius.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Bugbear in the Playground

Exalted is one of the most epic roleplaying games ever. Instead of starting as a peasant with a pointy stick, you start as a demigod. Instead of killing goblins for some quick change, you decide the fate of nations.

And then you get some XP and get on to doing more important things, like saving the world from any or all of the six+ world ending apocalypses currently threatening the setting. That is, if you can avoid going mad and being the next world-ending apocalypse yourself.

They are considered one of the lowest powered creatures in all of Exalted, just above ghosts, unless its a meschlum-built fae, in which case it might be capable of soloing the entire setting if it felt like it.

Oh wow he was bad. He had Infestors in position to chainfungal your Mutas, yet let all of them escape after the first Fungal. Plus he lost Infestors to Spine Crawlers.. How is that even possible?

Both of you should take more bases though. You were floating 3000+ minerals - no reason not to take an extra base or two.
    English is a second language etc etc.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Whenever I try to join the channel on SC2 it is giving me a network error, but I can join other channels and no problems with net. Weird.
    Last edited by BobVosh; 2012-04-13 at 08:10 PM.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Firbolg in the Playground

So yeah, I was having trouble figuring out what I should do once I had 3 Rax operational and stable.
    I'm trying to get in the habit of getting a pair of Factories up the minute I have my 3 Rax (Two reactor one tech) running, but that for some reason was just not happening.
    Surprisingly, I forced myself to take an early second base, and it played out pretty well. And then decided to build 3 more Barracks. Running 6 Barracks with Reactors and Tech is incredibly fun. I'm even forcing myself to get a squad of Reapers up for some awesome distractions while the main force walks in the front door, or vice versa. Double pressure of Main Force + 10Reapers seems to be helping. I'm finding that running both forces as well as trying to run my base is about all I can handle for macro/micro right now, so as such it's good practice for the time being.

Oh, and on the Campaign, I tried using the Hive Mind Emulator to capture some Broodlords. You can take out Kerrigan with one Broodlord if you want.
    Position your Brood over that bit of lava in the front. Once Kerrigan gets a quarter of the way down the map, target her with the Broodlord, who should intercept her at the y split.
    Broodlings will stop her as she tries to kill them. If she Psi-Storms and kills them all, she'll take about two steps forward as the Broodlord fires down more Broodlings. Repeat. It's slow yet startlingly effective.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

14. - Top - End - #284
    Orc in the Playground

Whenever I try to join the channel on SC2 it is giving me a network error, but I can join other channels and no problems with net. Weird.
    Same here...wonder what is going on.

Just use the channel "op gitp" like in the good old days.

The HME Broodlord mind controlling is quite awesome. It makes the final level stupidly easy, even on brutal. Just spam HME by the artifact and mind control every flying unit that comes your way. By the end, if your muta flock doesn't get hit by a razor swarm, you can have over 100 mutas and 15+ broodlords!
    The New Soulknife Handbook!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    And there I was thinking that Midichlorian counts were a variety of force-sensitive hereditary noble- most notably Dooku.

15. - Top - End - #285

Quote Originally Posted by Battleship789 View Post
    The HME Broodlord mind controlling is quite awesome. It makes the final level stupidly easy, even on brutal. Just spam HME by the artifact and mind control every flying unit that comes your way. By the end, if your muta flock doesn't get hit by a razor swarm, you can have over 100 mutas and 15+ broodlords!
    Exactly. Thats why I sent in the Broodlords/Lings first. She'll Razor them, THEN you send in the Muta Flock.
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

I found an alternative to the final brutal mission. I like it better.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

So since asking for help in pvz in the way of "Hey fellow brotoss, what do you do against zerg?!?" doesn't seem likely to work. I will ask the question in this way. Hey zerg scum! :3 What annoys you the most when playing against protoss?

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ettin in the Playground

I do muta-based play, so I hate pheonix, HT, and DTs. Contain a ling muta player on 2-3 bases while taking your own third and protoss will steam roll over the zerg.

19. - Top - End - #289

Quote Originally Posted by Legoshrimp View Post
    So since asking for help in pvz in the way of "Hey fellow brotoss, what do you do against zerg?!?" doesn't seem likely to work. I will ask the question in this way. Hey zerg scum! :3 What annoys you the most when playing against protoss?
    Colossi. Teching to Muta's is a pain and you have to commit to it early. And if you're clever you can hide your first Robo Bay in behind a mineral line.

Oh, and I hate it when they go Stalkers and air and just focus on hit and runs, particularly against stray Overlords, or using Graviton on my Roaches. Or when they use Graviton to snipe my Banelings that I did cleverly hide in my Zergling ball. Errrg, that's annoying.

And it's really annoying trying to build Creep only to have Observers come by and point out all the tumors, which basically weakens my map control. Makes my Speedlings not as worth it.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

We, the polite and dapper swarm, disagree with your use of "zerg scum." Smelly mouthless toss.

FFE, 2 base, 6 gateway blink stalker with obs timing attack. I hate, hate, hate, hate it.

I was extremely puzzled how I won this game. I lost my third 3 or 4 times, denied my fourth twice, only really successfully attacked once (which I decided to do on the fly, I was about to gg out when I decided to attack before I leave).

Then I noticed how many times he cut probes, I had a worker lead most of the game, even if we were on both on the same amount of bases.

So far 4 games, I'm on track with sticking with my swearing.

Also weekly session is TOMORROW! Come or be thought poorly of. Also I can't make it.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Dwarf in the Playground

Also weekly session is TOMORROW! Come or be thought poorly of. Also I can't make it.
    Does this mean we can think poorly of you?

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMemnarch View Post
    Does this mean we can think poorly of you?
    Does this mean you don't currently?

23. - Top - End - #293
    Dwarf in the Playground

Does this mean you don't currently?
    Not at the moment, but come tomorrow I will think much more poorly of you than I did previously.

edit: also we should use "op gitp" channel until the original "gitp" channel stops having a network error
    Last edited by DarkMemnarch; 2012-04-13 at 09:26 PM.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Not at the moment, but come tomorrow I will think much more poorly of you than I did previously.
    I will win you back, one day DM!

Anyway until we get gitp back I will be in giantitp . Hope to see ya'll there tomorrow (not that I will since I won't be there :P )

25. - Top - End - #295
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well for starter I find non-FE builds to be relatively easy to deal with. What annoys me the most is defenitely most very agressive builds out of a FE (I die very often to the 7min30-8min push witrh mass stalkers/sentries (sometimes with blink but less heavy on sentries). Late game Dark Templar harass is annoying as well.
    Cynan

26. - Top - End - #296
    Dwarf in the Playground

I will win you back, one day DM!

Anyway until we get gitp back I will be in giantitp . Hope to see ya'll there tomorrow (not that I will since I won't be there :P )
    I don't know man. Once favor is lost it is hard to reclaim. You will have to post at least 3 replays that are amusing to watch.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cynan Machae View Post
    Well for starter I find non-FE builds to be relatively easy to deal with. What annoys me the most is defenitely most very agressive builds out of a FE (I die very often to the 7min30-8min push witrh mass stalkers/sentries (sometimes with blink but less heavy on sentries). Late game Dark Templar harass is annoying as well.
    Well normally I go for FFE but I have no idea how to wall safely on Daybreak. So until I figure that out I am going to be 3 gate sentry expanding. I am thinking of following up against zerg with some +1 timing, but what exactly I don't know I will have to try things out later.

Also I should be there tomorrow, if I am not someone poke me on steam.
    Last edited by Legoshrimp; 2012-04-14 at 12:45 AM.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I don't know man. Once favor is lost it is hard to reclaim. You will have to post at least 3 replays that are amusing to watch.
    I posted a replay there above, does that count? ARE YOU NOT AMUSED?! Sorry, channeled Russell Crowe there for a sec.

Well normally I go for FFE but I have no idea how to wall safely on Daybreak. So until I figure that out I am going to be 3 gate sentry expanding. I am thinking of following up against zerg with some +1 timing, but what exactly I don't know I will have to try things out later.

Also I should be there tomorrow, if I am not someone poke me on steam.
    Tons of pros replays to show you how to place your buildings. Not doing it means you will never learn how. If they get a fast third in response to your FFE, a group of 4 zealots or +1 zealots can sometimes snipe the third.

*p.s. Your avatar always amuses me lego.
    Last edited by BobVosh; 2012-04-14 at 06:06 AM.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ah also those practice game are the best to try out walling :P
    Cynan

30. - Top - End - #300
    Dwarf in the Playground

I posted a replay there above, does that count? ARE YOU NOT AMUSED?! Sorry, channeled Russell Crowe there for a sec.
    That replay does not amuse. You must try again.