New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Starcraft 2: 8 Medivac drop

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    I was mistaken! (Unless whoever hacked it changed the password back or something). I was lazing around today and decided to try and get into my Bnet account and IT WORKED AND I WAS SHOCKED. I seemingly just forgot I changed my password to it before. (I change passwords like, every 2 weeks. Keeps me feeling safer.) I can actually make the revival session, if you guys want a sucky player who is even worse than he was before.
    We used to have a fairly wide range of skill levels going, but not really sure who will show up so might not have anyone close to your skill level, but we can do team games and customs anyways so skill level isn't really important. So seems like a reasonable time to do it.

So next sunday at 2-3 pst? (when I will probably be able to show up, but I occasionally will be able to show up earlier.) Time is also able to change some.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Troll in the Playground

Sunday works for me. Skill level isn't important to me, I'm always with people who are way better than me at this sort of stuff. I remember we did alot of customgames anyway, and I'm only halfway terrible at those.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I should be on about 6 pm central, which is 4 pst i believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson
    Evil Intelligence is knowing the precise ritual that will allow you to destroy the peaceful kingdom that banished you.

Evil Wisdom is understanding that you probably shouldn’t perform said ritual while you’re standing in the estimated blast radius.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Troll in the Playground

I just did a few coop vs computer games (DONT JUDGE ME!) and I remember alot of the zerg macros I had. Well, I remember the buttons that make queen and how to mass zerglings with a pinch of roaches and festors until I can get enough ultras for a smackdown. Also, medium computers are weak. Probably that one.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

5. - Top - End - #515
    Troll in the Playground

Just discovered these AWESOME SONGS!

this is the one i like most. There are a few more cool ones though (They're in the "Nerd Alert - Songs" playlist)

Really, really fun and well-made.
    There are a few parodies, a few original songs. Some are Starcraft-related, others are not (But a love song from Luigi is pretty awesome)
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ettin in the Playground

My favorite starcraft song is Bronze League Hero.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Bugbear in the Playground

When I'm Grandmaster for me. So catchy.
    The Complete Warrior rules on losing prerequisites for a PrC apply to all books. This bothers me enough to sig it. If you disagree, please PM me, I'm down with being proven wrong.

Steam: Thiyr (The Great and Powerful Bulbasaur).
    SC2: RianL.377. Hit me up for some SC2 if you're on.

Bulbabulbabulbabulba...SAUR.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ettin in the Playground

After about a month of being too busy to play (98 pages of RPG homebrew will do that to you) I finally got back on. I've mostly lost, seeing as I now have lost all sense of timing, but I did play a fun game vs a toss.

Afterward, he accused Zerg of being a "one button race", after having done nothing but hold S for stalker for most of the game. Meanwhile, I built everything but banelings, corrupters, and brood lords.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeudo View Post
    After about a month of being too busy to play (98 pages of RPG homebrew will do that to you) I finally got back on. I've mostly lost, seeing as I now have lost all sense of timing, but I did play a fun game vs a toss.

Afterward, he accused Zerg of being a "one button race", after having done nothing but hold S for stalker for most of the game. Meanwhile, I built everything but banelings, corrupters, and brood lords.
    I can't access it.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

10. - Top - End - #520
    Troll in the Playground

I always have a problem dealing with mass stalker, as every race. Massing lings and hydras can only take so much, infestors take my micro from the lings, and ultras are too far down the tree. Marauders need that etch lab I always forget to build, and I always refuse to get into a stalker vs stalker fight. Because while it is comical to see two stalkers fight each other for the right to creep on someone, its annoying.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

11. - Top - End - #521
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    I always have a problem dealing with mass stalker, as every race. Massing lings and hydras can only take so much, infestors take my micro from the lings, and ultras are too far down the tree. Marauders need that etch lab I always forget to build, and I always refuse to get into a stalker vs stalker fight. Because while it is comical to see two stalkers fight each other for the right to creep on someone, its annoying.
    Banelings do surprisingly well versus large numbers of stalkers. Infestors/Hydra/Ling should be your main response though. I wouldn't worry too much about microing lings if a mass stalker army is approaching, fungal growths are much more important at that point.

Yeah, tech labs are fairly important. My habit is just to get a tech lab on the second barracks/first factory that I build, just so I can get marauders or siege tanks, both of which do very well against stalkers.

Immortals are pretty much designed to be anti-stalker. Sentry/Immortal completely destroys large Stalker armies.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingGnoll View Post
    Banelings do surprisingly well versus large numbers of stalkers. Infestors/Hydra/Ling should be your main response though. I wouldn't worry too much about microing lings if a mass stalker army is approaching, fungal growths are much more important at that point.
    Banelings do surprisingly well against EVERYTHING. Including BC's.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

13. - Top - End - #523
    Firbolg in the Playground

What
    Rolls over Marines
    And makes Zealots Scream
    And makes a Splorchedy Sound?
    A Ling, A Ling, a Marvelous Thing,
    Everyone Knows it's Bane-Lings!
    Everyone Knows it's Bane-LINGS!

Banelings!
    From Zerg Co!
    Last edited by Karoht; 2012-09-03 at 09:29 AM.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

14. - Top - End - #524
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Hey, quick question about HoTS, if I buy Wings of Liberty now, do I have to re-buy the game to play HoTS? (What I mean is, do I have to pay for the expansion?)
    Last edited by Eledragon; 2012-09-03 at 04:31 PM.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eledragon View Post
    Hey, quick question about HoTS, if I buy Wings of Liberty now, do I have to re-buy the game to play HoTS? (What I mean is, do I have to pay for the expansion?)
    Since Blizzard hasn't announced any kind of price for HotS, I'm going to answer with a resounding "no one knows"
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

They announced sometime before wings of liberty when they said it would be 3 parts, that the other 2 will be expansion priced. So expect 30-40 for HotS.

That said it was like 3 years ago, so who knows.
    Evil Intelligence is knowing the precise ritual that will allow you to destroy the peaceful kingdom that banished you.

Evil Wisdom is understanding that you probably shouldn’t perform said ritual while you’re standing in the estimated blast radius.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ettin in the Playground

I just won my first game today (out of like 5) and I feel like sharing. I went from 30 food behind to 40 food ahead in less than a minute. Check it out.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Titan in the Playground

I just won my first game today (out of like 5) and I feel like sharing. I went from 30 food behind to 40 food ahead in less than a minute. Check it out.
    I want to see, but it keeps saying I can't download because I don't have permission or something. How do I fix this?

19. - Top - End - #529
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    I want to see, but it keeps saying I can't download because I don't have permission or something. How do I fix this?
    Everything on my end seems to be set right. I did a quick search on your problem and the only advice I got was to try clearing your cookies and reset your router.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ogre in the Playground

So later today (in like 3 hours) I will be on to play sc!! you should join me! if i am not on after 2 pst poke me on steam.

Annnnnd no one has showed up
    Last edited by Legoshrimp; 2012-09-09 at 07:31 PM.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

1. Noone posted a reminder, which tends to lower amount of people
    2. It was my dad's birthday, so didn't ditch him for video games :D

Next time it ends up muta vs muta like that Kyeu, I recommend getting +1 armor for mutas. It beats the heck out of the +1 attack that your opponent went for. That said, incredible fungal is incredible.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Next time it ends up muta vs muta like that Kyeu, I recommend getting +1 armor for mutas. It beats the heck out of the +1 attack that your opponent went for. That said, incredible fungal is incredible.
    My standard response to mutas is to ditch mutas. My existing mutas can cover me well enough for my transition to infestor/hydra.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry, my power was dead during that time.

Also, my laptop's acting up, even on stuff that it should be able to run. I might have to look into replacing it soon(about 4 years old, though, so it's had a good run). On the plus side, this might mean I can run games at above min specs.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

24. - Top - End - #534
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Legoshrimp View Post
    So later today (in like 3 hours) I will be on to play sc!! you should join me! if i am not on after 2 pst poke me on steam.

Annnnnd no one has showed up
    Sorry lego. Was busy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ettin in the Playground

Question for you: What is the Zerg build that Terran mech absolutely hates to be up against in the middle game? I've been trying to get back active, but mech just dominates me in ZvT.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Troll in the Playground

Question for you: What is the Zerg build that Terran mech absolutely hates to be up against in the middle game? I've been trying to get back active, but mech just dominates me in ZvT.
    LINGS. LINGS LINGS LINGS. (Roaches and burrow is always fun against mechanicals, I think. They spam scan and you have armored units. Their siege tanks be no match! /knows nothing of what he speaks)
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

27. - Top - End - #537
    Titan in the Playground

Everything on my end seems to be set right. I did a quick search on your problem and the only advice I got was to try clearing your cookies and reset your router.
    Tried both. Not working. Guess I'll never be able to watch any of your games again.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Tried both. Not working. Guess I'll never be able to watch any of your games again.
    I was only using mediafire while I found a new hosting site, since SC Temple seems to have melted. Here and here are the replays.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Titan in the Playground

I was only using mediafire while I found a new hosting site, since SC Temple seems to have melted. Here and here are the replays.
    The hell? I'm getting the same error message here as I did on media fire!

30. - Top - End - #540
    Titan in the Playground

I think I may have found the problem. The computer didn't know what program to open the replay with, so it was just giving me a stardard error message.

And... I went in and changed the program path to Starcraft 2 and now it opens up SC2. Yay! But it doesn't load the replay after SC2 opens. Boo!

Why is this becoming such a hassle?