New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Starcraft 2: 8 Medivac drop

i have this replay of the a terran alling me it is quite effective if not scouted good thing i scouted it. I was going toi say something witty but he left.

and with this post i become a dwarf in the playground.
    Last edited by DarkMemnarch; 2012-02-13 at 02:18 AM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMemnarch View Post
    i have this replay of the a terran alling me it is quite effective if not scouted good thing i scouted it. I was going toi say something witty but he left.

and with this post i become a dwarf in the playground.
    How that guy thought he could still win when all his SCVs evaporated to those couple of banelings at the beginning of the fight, I'll never know.

And what was the witty thing you were going to say?
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

So, I managed to psych out another zerg with my 11 pool to think that I was going to rush him. But I sent 1 ling scout into his base and saw a spine in his mineral line, I knew he would turtle, so I risked a fast expand afterwards.

I think I made the right call, don't you?
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2012-02-13 at 12:30 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    So, I managed to psych out another zerg with my 11 pool to think that I was going to rush him. But I sent 1 ling scout into his base and saw a spine in his mineral line, I knew he would turtle, so I risked a fast expand afterwards.

I think I made the right call, don't you?
    imo you should get the gases in your natural really fast if you are going the infestor route. Also when you get infestors you should try and expand again because you will have a surplus of minerals.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

imo you should get the gases in your natural really fast if you are going the infestor route. Also when you get infestors you should try and expand again because you will have a surplus of minerals.
    Okay. Thanks for the tip.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

i also have a game vs mech. I have found out that it takes 8 base zerg to kill 4 base mech.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

i also have a game vs mech. I have found out that it takes 8 base zerg to kill 4 base mech.
    Why did you mass roaches when you saw him going mech? Wouldn't lings work better in surrounding the thors better?

Also, YOUR lack of Adrenal Glands saddens me.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Why did you mass roaches when you saw him going mech? Wouldn't lings work better in surrounding the thors better?

Also, YOUR lack of Adrenal Glands saddens me.
    blue flame destroys lings really badly so roaches are the only thing that can stand up to the hellions. I guess i could have afforded adrenal glands but all i need the lings to do was morph inot banelings and destroy the planetaries so adrenal glands wouldnt really do anything.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

blue flame destroys lings really badly so roaches are the only thing that can stand up to the hellions. I guess i could have afforded adrenal glands but all i need the lings to do was morph inot banelings and destroy the planetaries so adrenal glands wouldnt really do anything.
    But don't Roaches melt under Thors and tanks?

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I found that I can only beat terran mech with mass mutalisks and then later broodlord/infestor. You just have to get upgrades and not screw up the magic box. 1 missclick and you are dead. If the terran drops tanks you can go mass roach to deal with Thors more easily.

Also agressive expansions with lots of spines take advantage of his immobile force.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

But don't Roaches melt under Thors and tanks?
    if he has 5-6 tanks yes they do but he only had 1. also roaches do alright against thors. Also if you do go mass lings against more the 10 blue flame hellions you are going to got massacred. At least with roaches you can kill off most if not all hellions before they die.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

if he has 5-6 tanks yes they do but he only had 1. also roaches do alright against thors. Also if you do go mass lings against more the 10 blue flame hellions you are going to got massacred. At least with roaches you can kill off most if not all hellions before they die.
    I see. Roach first to get rid of the hellions. Then if you're out of gas, mass lings.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Barbarian in the Playground

So, starting from tonight I'm going to start to learn playing SC2 again. I haven't played more than like 2 ladder games and not really any serious games since maybe 18 months, and the metagame has changed so much since then that all my stuff is outdated

If anyone want to play some games during the week so that I can practice some builds, hit me up, I should be on during midafternoons and late evenings EST. Probably ZvT and ZvZ (since Lego is Protoss). Preferably Plat and up, but I don't really care, really.
    Cynan

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I'm a diamond zerg, but I want to start practicing terran. Without losing horribly in ladder. So I can do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson
    Evil Intelligence is knowing the precise ritual that will allow you to destroy the peaceful kingdom that banished you.

Evil Wisdom is understanding that you probably shouldn’t perform said ritual while you’re standing in the estimated blast radius.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

i am also diamond zerg. you can message me in game if you want to play against me.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

double post
    Last edited by DarkMemnarch; 2012-02-14 at 02:29 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cynan Machae View Post
    So, starting from tonight I'm going to start to learn playing SC2 again. I haven't played more than like 2 ladder games and not really any serious games since maybe 18 months, and the metagame has changed so much since then that all my stuff is outdated

If anyone want to play some games during the week so that I can practice some builds, hit me up, I should be on during midafternoons and late evenings EST. Probably ZvT and ZvZ (since Lego is Protoss). Preferably Plat and up, but I don't really care, really.
    Eh, if you really need a T partner, I can play, though I never ladder. (And therefore, I have no idea how good/bad I am.)
    The New Soulknife Handbook!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    And there I was thinking that Midichlorian counts were a variety of force-sensitive hereditary noble- most notably Dooku.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cynan Machae View Post

What's your name and friend code number? I'll update the list after you post it.

19. - Top - End - #49

I'm on the list since Thread 1 :P (Cynan.623)
    Cynan

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

Good news! I went from 73rd in Platinum to 1st in Diamond in less than 3 hours.

Bad news! My ZvZ is trash. I lost this game and I have no clue why. I seem to have the same or better drone count, same or better upgrades, same or better positioning in battle, roughly the same apm, same number of bases, yet I lose every battle and ultimately the game. Can someone see why?

21. - Top - End - #51

Any advice for a newb who wants to get in on the Starcraft 2 scene? Particularly one who wishes to play Zerg?
    ~ Thanks to Crimmy for Richardtar ~

22. - Top - End - #52
    Firbolg in the Playground

Focus on your early game. Scouting, early macro, Queens, shutting down early harassment, etc.
    After that, expand your focus.
    Learn to use all the tools in you're toolbox, but focus on the most used tools first?
    Last edited by Karoht; 2012-02-15 at 01:18 PM.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeudo View Post
    Good news! I went from 73rd in Platinum to 1st in Diamond in less than 3 hours.

Bad news! My ZvZ is trash. I lost this game and I have no clue why. I seem to have the same or better drone count, same or better upgrades, same or better positioning in battle, roughly the same apm, same number of bases, yet I lose every battle and ultimately the game. Can someone see why?
    My ZvZ is Trash to. LETS BECOME PRACTICE BUDDIES!!!
    (And when I say practice buddies, I mean you proceed to walk all over me game after game after game. But I'm fine with it if I can get in some decent practice against another zerg player.)

In other news, DarkMemnarch and I were playing against each other last night so I can show off my noob skills. When he won 3 in a row with me playing as a different race each, he said, "Want to see a totally OP Terran tactic?"

Little did he realize, that since he didn't let my forge complete the level 2 shield upgrade when I asked him to over skype when it was only a couple seconds until done, I decided to spite him by not early expanding, which he was expecting me to do. Complete and absolute hilariaty ensued that I'm having trouble still grasping what happened even though it was 12 hours ago.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Just start playing is my advice. Don't worry about your league or rank, just play games and let the matchmaking formula do its work. Focus on developing your economy. Get out that first queen, don't miss your injects and keep your money low. Delay building units until you need them, and stay focused on hatcheries, overlord, queens and drones.

Also, watch Day9:

http://day9tv.blip.tv/file/4210235/
    http://day9tv.blip.tv/file/4712303/

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lord View Post
    Any advice for a newb who wants to get in on the Starcraft 2 scene? Particularly one who wishes to play Zerg?
    Always early expand versus protoss and terran. Yes, even then. A Zerg on one base is dead.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

My ZvZ is Trash to. LETS BECOME PRACTICE BUDDIES!!!
    (And when I say practice buddies, I mean you proceed to walk all over me game after game after game. But I'm fine with it if I can get in some decent practice against another zerg player.)

In other news, DarkMemnarch and I were playing against each other last night so I can show off my noob skills. When he won 3 in a row with me playing as a different race each, he said, "Want to see a totally OP Terran tactic?"

Little did he realize, that since he didn't let my forge complete the level 2 shield upgrade when I asked him to over skype when it was only a couple seconds until done, I decided to spite him by not early expanding, which he was expecting me to do. Complete and absolute hilariaty ensued that I'm having trouble still grasping what happened even though it was 12 hours ago.
    As you can see my terran is subpar. Also I have learned from the ladder that you are never to far behind to bm.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

As you can see my terran is subpar. Also I have learned from the ladder that you are never to far behind to bm.
    BM?

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

BM?
    mad manners/ bad mouth your opponent.

here is an example

and here is another example
    Last edited by DarkMemnarch; 2012-02-15 at 03:28 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Ah. Though I thought I was encouraging you to be more IdrA like in that game in your insults.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ah. Though I thought I was encouraging you to be more IdrA like in that game in your insults.
    i have learned from this replay